PDA

View Full Version : Madden 13 worth $30?

CLW
01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm getting an itch for buying/trying a new game and noticed that on PS+ I can get the full game via download for like $30. Any of you guys play this / think its worth $30 at this point. I never really messed around with CCM during my season ticket b/c I just found the physics stuff looking REALLY bad. However, I've :plat: NCAA so its lost some of its luster and perhaps Madden could give me my football fix for the next 6 months.

skipwondah33
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
I definitely think it is. Then again I've been solely playing it since it was released.

Regarding CCM. I'm in 2 leagues for it but it is mostly for reps to play more games and work on plays. I don't care for CCM/Franchise because it plays differently than that of unranked online game. That and should you get a disco restarting completely sucs

My other 2 leagues are normal league set up type leagues (unranked game, etc)

With that said yes I still think it's worth it. I just hate that they included Run and Pass Commit

jaymo76
02-01-2013, 11:12 PM
For $30 dollars I would say yes. The game has a lot of flaws but if you can overlook them CCM can be a lot of fun. I no longer play NCAA as it's just become to stale and Madden has kept my interest since Christmas.

SmoothPancakes
02-02-2013, 10:45 AM
I ended up buying Madden 13 on Thursday through the Super Bowl weekend, $20 off special thingy that Xbox Live is doing, downloading it as an On Demand game. One of my best friends got Madden 13 for Christmas, and we're always looking for games to play against each other. Most usually COD, recently Assassin's Creed and Halo: Reach, but never really any sports games. MLB 2K9 was the last sports game we had to play against each other.

So with him already having Madden 13 for the last month, I went ahead and bought it with the $20 discount for the weekend. I can get my occasional pro football fix and get to enjoy playing with Peyton Manning as QB of Denver, and whoop my friend's ass in some head to head games, maybe even start up an online CCM with just me and him, see which one of us can get to the Super Bowl first with Cleveland and Denver.

steelerfan
02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
With Cleveland and Denver??? Gee, I wonder who will get there first. :dunno:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I OU a Beatn
02-02-2013, 02:43 PM
$20, yes. Anything higher...I honestly couldn't recommend it. If you're playing against the CPU, I wouldn't even spend that much. However, if you're playing against human players, it's $20 worth of entertainment for sure.

Against the CPU, the AI issues are really apparent and then you have to deal with terrible logic from the CPU players and play calling. On top of that, defense is virtually non existent. Do you have a pulse? If so, you wont have to punt more than once a game even playing on the higher difficulties. Zone defense is especially bad but man is right up there with it. No pass rush, poor blitz angles, poor defensive pursuit angles in general, and a whole bunch of other issues make defense a nightmare.

On the offensive side of things, don't get used to running under center. I'd say 1 out of every 3 plays you'll graze your lineman and you'll go stumbling and flying around like you took some big hit.

Also, I don't know if you own a 360, but if you do and you're set on getting it, get it for the 360. It's CLEARLY smoother on the 360 and it's impossible to press receivers on the left side of the line of scrimmage on the PS3 version. EA's known about that since launch and it STILL isn't fixed.

CLW
02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
$20, yes. Anything higher...I honestly couldn't recommend it. If you're playing against the CPU, I wouldn't even spend that much. However, if you're playing against human players, it's $20 worth of entertainment for sure.

Against the CPU, the AI issues are really apparent and then you have to deal with terrible logic from the CPU players and play calling. On top of that, defense is virtually non existent. Do you have a pulse? If so, you wont have to punt more than once a game even playing on the higher difficulties. Zone defense is especially bad but man is right up there with it. No pass rush, poor blitz angles, poor defensive pursuit angles in general, and a whole bunch of other issues make defense a nightmare.

On the offensive side of things, don't get used to running under center. I'd say 1 out of every 3 plays you'll graze your lineman and you'll go stumbling and flying around like you took some big hit.

Also, I don't know if you own a 360, but if you do and you're set on getting it, get it for the 360. It's CLEARLY smoother on the 360 and it's impossible to press receivers on the left side of the line of scrimmage on the PS3 version. EA's known about that since launch and it STILL isn't fixed.

Yeah I wasn't impressed with it during the Season Ticket but it had been so.... long I couldn't really remember why I didn't like it other than I thought the "physics" was just "off". I think I'll just save my $ and get GOW and/or The Show.

Rudy
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM

CPU AI is terrible. Madden is really easy this year and if you are a really good gamer you will tear through the simple defensive looks the AI gives you. Playing defense against the cpu isn't an issue though as you will try to find ways to make them better.

I disagree with this quite a bit. Running up the gut can be really good in this game. Your guys don't go down that easily and the cutback lanes can open up and feel very rewarding when you find the right hole. Just don't run up the gut with tiny, little guys. Use bigger backs and it is fun. Yes you can get tripped up but that is realistic once in awhile. Happens all the time in real life. Ray Rice tripped on one of his own blockers last night.

Overall the game is a lot of fun IF you can overlook the problems. I do think CCM is a lot of fun if you are willing to invest in multiple seasons and drafting.

jaymo76
02-06-2013, 09:20 PM
CPU AI is terrible. Madden is really easy this year and if you are a really good gamer you will tear through the simple defensive looks the AI gives you. Playing defense against the cpu isn't an issue though as you will try to find ways to make them better.

I disagree with this quite a bit. Running up the gut can be really good in this game. Your guys don't go down that easily and the cutback lanes can open up and feel very rewarding when you find the right hole. Just don't run up the gut with tiny, little guys. Use bigger backs and it is fun. Yes you can get tripped up but that is realistic once in awhile. Happens all the time in real life. Ray Rice tripped on one of his own blockers last night.
Overall the game is a lot of fun IF you can overlook the problems. I do think CCM is a lot of fun if you are willing to invest in multiple seasons and drafting.

Adding to this, if you build up your rb with xp points he can really tear through an AI defense. Plus, in this game the hb draw is as good as money in the bank.