PDA

View Full Version : Team Entrances

Cipher 8
07-22-2010, 12:50 AM
I was wondering what are some of the best team entrances in the game. I know of a few like Michigan's, Notre Dame's, Miami's but I haven't seen them all so if anybody wants to suggest a cool one please do so...

In the opening video you see B-2 Spirit and two other planes fly over head a stadium but I don't know which team... That has to be the coolest thing ever...

Cipher 8
07-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Anybody know what team or what game I have to play to see that flyover? I tried Air Force that's not it.

ram29jackson
07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
nope , not yet, I dont know ?

i'm disappointed that you dont get the entrances if you pick the stadium in team builder.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Anybody know what team or what game I have to play to see that flyover? I tried Air Force that's not it.The scene in the intro video looks distinctly like Tennessee. I have no idea what that would be there, but that's sure what it looks like.

The B-2 flew over the Rose Bowl before the bowl game last year. That, and Missouri, would really be the only two times it would make sense to put a B-2 in the game. And I'm 99% sure Missouri doesn't do it.

cdj
07-22-2010, 05:48 AM
The flyovers occur randomly when playing in non-dome bowl and conference championship games. I'm not sure if you get them in regular season games like we see in the intro video with Tennessee. That could have just been an early render of it. There's F-16s and also the Stealth. I've seen the F-16s a couple times, but not the Stealth in game yet.

FWIW - The Stealth did a flyover at a Nebraska game last year.

cdj
07-22-2010, 05:49 AM
In terms of entrances, LSU has the 'Win' bar they hit, Nebraska touches a horseshoe, USC & Ohio State players are locked at the arms. Those are some of the cool ones that come to my mind right now.

souljahbill
07-22-2010, 06:45 AM
I got a flyover when playing in the Holiday Bowl. All jets though. No bomber.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 12:02 PM
FWIW - The Stealth did a flyover at a Nebraska game last year.The Spirit does a lot of flyovers nowadays. VT and a couple other schools had one in the last few years too. But I couldn't think of anywhere besides Missouri that would consider doing it regularly, especially since it costs a bundle.

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
The Army-Navy game has had some pretty sweet ones over the past couple years. Last year, 4 MV-22 Ospreys did the flyover. Both 2007 and 2008 was 4 Apache Blackhawk helicopters for Army and 4 F-18s for Navy. 2006 had 4 Shadow Warriors helicopters for Army and 4 F-18s for Navy.

Also don't forget the "flyover" by Air Force One when President Bush landed in Philly for the game in 2008. Some prestigious flyovers for Army-Navy. :D

The 2006 Air Force-Navy game also, that had a flyover by a B-1 Lancer. That was a sweet one. Wouldn't mind having that one happen again.

As for the B-2 Spirit, that would be awesome to have for a flyover at the Army-Navy game. Not sure if it would happen, since they traditionally have the two separate flyovers, one of each team as they come running out onto the field. The way probably would be to either have just one flyover with the B-2 for the game like they had with the Ospreys last year, or have 3 flyovers, with the B-2 right at the end of the national anthem, and the have the individual flyovers for Army and Navy as they come running out onto the field.

Also, another sweet flyover, the 2006 Arizona State-USC game, had a flyover by 2 F-117 Nighthawks.

DariusLock
07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Ole Miss has had several flyovers before games the last few years. I know they had parachuters land on the field two years ago.

Cipher 8
07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
In terms of entrances, LSU has the 'Win' bar they hit, Nebraska touches a horseshoe, USC & Ohio State players are locked at the arms. Those are some of the cool ones that come to my mind right now.

Penn State (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6SCrU681o) should be locked at the arms too... :(

Thanks for those suggestions. I just hate USC and Ohio State. For no apparent reason... I don't have a favorite college I just don't like those two... sorta like I don't like the Yankees cuz they are always dominant. :p

I like Nebraska, sorta... well I don't dislike them. Plus they'll be in the Big10 and that's my conference I watch. I love the Big10 rivalries and history plus most the teams don't run the college spread and I like pro style more.

I tried LSU last night and I like that team. I'm partial to anything Purple and Gold ;) But their stadium, chants, entrance, playbook, current roster, and recruiting ratings are all good. Only thing holding me back from playing as them is the conference they're in (SEC) and their rivals. I don't think I could beat Alabama. I played Florida strong but they came back from a -20 deficit to win in the fourth. It was a fun game though.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Penn State (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6SCrU681o) should be locked at the arms too... :( There are barely any locked arms in that, honestly.

And Ohio State shouldn't have their arms locked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZOiJ5-8bcQ#t=1m45s). What the devs thought of was our pre-game entrance for warmups (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BcwoKlLZw#t=0m30s).

Cipher 8
08-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah that flyover in the opening video is definitely at Tennessee's Neyland Stadium but I don't know what game it is played in. It can't be the SEC Championship because they play that in the Georgia Dome but I know other bowl games and championship games they do the flyovers... During the Gator bowl I had two smaller jets flyover but I wanna see that stealth bomber like in the video. I wonder if it's just a Tennessee rivalry game vs Florida or something?