PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty Site Won't Load

BPHusker
07-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I just made a new OD with some buddies and the website never loads. It just sits there at "Retrieving Online Dynasty...". The 2 other dynasties, one is my single player OD and another is a OD I'm a member of load fine. Any idea whats up?

AustinWolv
07-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Keep trying it. It does that from time to time and then all of a sudden it will work.
I haven't looked deep into why, but it works with Chrome for me, but hasn't worked with IE. Maybe has to do with Flash or Java or something?

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 06:25 PM
I had trouble earlier from the console but I'm sure it had something to do with their servers because I couldn't connect. It's working fine now, for me at least.

BPHusker
07-21-2010, 07:05 PM
It hasn't worked since I made the dynasty last night at 8PM. I just tried it with FF, IE and Chrome and none work... it just sits there. The other two OD sites work fine though. I might remake it.

AustinWolv
07-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, sounds like it is screwed up somehow.

steelerfan
07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Sorry to go off topic but I wasn't sure where to put this.

I wrote my first article for the TGT OD and on the PC it shows up. On the console it just shows the headline and no article. Is that the way it's supposed to work or did I do something wrong?

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 02:55 AM
It hasn't worked since I made the dynasty last night at 8PM. I just tried it with FF, IE and Chrome and none work... it just sits there. The other two OD sites work fine though. I might remake it.

Yep, I've had this exact problem since Tuesday night. I was going to make my Navy dynasty a single player OD, and had made test dynasties on Sunday and Monday, and both worked great. Then Tuesday night, I go to make my dynasty for real, and I sat there looking at that page for hours. I tried FF, IE, and Chrome just like you, nothing. I even recreated my dynasty 3 times just to make sure it wasn't just a glitch, and nothing.

I would love to still do a single player online dynasty, probably now with my Alaska State teambuilder team since I have already started my Navy season in offline dynasty. But until these glitches or issues get fixed for good, looks like any type of OD for me is going onto the back burner.

ram29jackson
07-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Some guy said internet explorer 8 was needed

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 04:06 AM
That's what I've been trying it with. I've got IE8, the most recent Chrome version, and the most recent Firefox version, and it just sits there at the loading screen on every single one trying to endlessly retrieve the dynasty information.

cdj
07-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Yeah, on the console your story is blank, steelerfan. There's not even an image on the left.

The site has been working OK for me to load Dynasties using Chrome, but they were all made at least a couple days ago. Maybe it's tied to newer ODs?

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 06:34 AM
It could be. I know every test dynasty I created (probably about 5) from the day I got the game up through Monday showed up just fine, I was able to recruit and do everything with no problem. Then three different dynasties I have tried creating since Tuesday evening, and I can't get any of them to load up for me on Chrome, IE8 or FF.

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, on the console your story is blank, steelerfan. There's not even an image on the left.

I know mine is this way, is this the way it is supposed to be? Did I do something wrong?

BTW, I used IE8 and the site loaded just fine.

cdj
07-22-2010, 09:19 AM
The text should be there - not sure what image should be there.

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
The text should be there - not sure what image should be there.

Hmm, that's good and bad news. It's good that the full articles should go over to the console, bad that mine didn't. Have you done an article? I put mine in the large box that said "Enter a description here" because I didn't see anywhere else to put it. I was worried when I did it because "description" isn't what I was expecting it to say. I'll have to fool with it some more. I didn't expect a picture since we haven't played a game yet.

cdj
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I think that's the right area. When the site is back up and running, I'll submit one.

Yours was pretty lengthy; maybe that's what happens when you hit a certain limit?
Usually there is an image though - team logo, Week Update #, something.

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
I think that's the right area. When the site is back up and running, I'll submit one.

Yours was pretty lengthy; maybe that's what happens when you hit a certain limit?
Usually there is an image though - team logo, Week Update #, something.

Yo may be right. That kinda sucks if that's the case. I hate to have a word count hanging over my head. More censorship. Just like my FS Nick *****, lol.