PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Pancakes' Navy Midshipmen Dynasty

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:25 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navyheader.jpg

Well, it’s time to continue my annual tradition of doing a Navy dynasty with each new game. Perhaps, with luck and a bad enough team, I can keep this dynasty going long term and maybe pull off a Prairie Dogs type dynasty spanning over multiple new game editions and maybe even surpassing that century mark of seasons. I can only hope.

I was planning to use Online Dynasty and just do a single player OD with this, and had been testing it out for a couple nights just making sure things would work how I wanted them to, and they worked great. Then when I went to officially create this dynasty, it refuses to load up when I go on EA's site. I even recreated it to see if it was just the dynasty, but even now, I am still stuck on a perpetual loading screen on EA’s dynasty website looking at a never ending “Retrieving Online Dynasty” screen.

So, I’ve said screw it. I wanted badly to use Online Dynasty for multiple reasons. It’ll keep track of stats for me, instead of having to sit here manually writing them down after every game. I plan on doing a Prairie Dogs type dynasty, so being hired/fired as a coach didn’t matter to me. And Navy will never leave Independent under my reign, so conference invites didn’t matter to me.

But since EA’s dynasty website refuses to work for me anymore (I’ve tried it on Firefox, IE8, and Google Chrome, and all the same thing), I’ve officially created this baby as an offline dynasty and will be going about it that way. Sadly it’ll just mean much more work and slightly less frequent updates in terms of game summaries and stuff as I now have much more I’ll have to write down after games and then put into the proper format to post on here.

With that said, time to get into it…

Dynasty Information
• Xbox 360, NCAA '11
• Most likely 8 minute quarters
• All-American difficulty
• Game Speed: Normal
• Player Min Speed Threshold: 50
• Rosters: Will be using Fairdale King’s rosters for 360.
• Sliders: Will be using Jaymo's Balanced All-American Sliders (tweaked as needed)
• Offline Dynasty
• Playbook – Offense: Navy (Triple Option) --- Defense: 3-4
• Scheduling: Navy Scheduling Restrictions (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?630-Smooth-Pancakes-Navy-Midshipmen-Dynasty&p=13915&viewfull=1#post13915)
• Recruiting: Navy Recruiting Restrictions (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?630-Smooth-Pancakes-Navy-Midshipmen-Dynasty&p=13915&viewfull=1#post13915)

Current Sliders (Currently Jaymo's All-American Version)

OFFENSE|HUM|CPU
QB ACCURACY|45|50
PASS BLOCK|55|40
WR CATCH|55|55
RB ABILITY|50|60
RUN BLOCK|50|80

DEFENSE|HUM|CPU
PASS COVERAGE|40|40
PASS RUSH|75|50
INTERCEPTIONS|40|25
RUSH DEFENSE|35|50
TACKLING|50|50

SPECIAL TEAMS|HUM|CPU
FG LENGTH|50|35
FG ACCURACY|40|50
PUNT LENGTH|50|65
PUNT ACCURACY|50|50
KO LENGTH|50|50

PENALTIES|RATING
OFFSIDES|100
FALSE STATE|100
HOLDING|55
FACEMASK|55
OFFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE|100
DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE|100
KR/PR INTERFERENCE|100
CLIPPING|55
INTENTIONAL GROUNDING|100
ROUGHING THE PASSER|100
ROUGHING THE KICKER|100

Background History

The Midshipmen football team represents the United States Naval Academy in NCAA Division I-A college football. They are a Division I Football Bowl Subdivision independent school and coached by Ken Niumatalolo since December 2007. Navy has 19 players and 3 coaches in the College Football Hall of Fame and won the National Championship in 1926 according to the Boand and Houlgate poll systems. The 1910 team also was undefeated and unscored upon at 8-0-1 (the lone tie being a 0–0 tie with Rutgers). Their mascot is Bill the Goat.

The Early Years

Navy football got started in 1879 when they played their first game against the Baltimore Athletic Club, ending in a 0-0 tie. Navy football returned again in 1882, where they experienced their first win, claiming an 8-0 victory against Johns Hopkins. Unfortunately, Johns Hopkins got revenge the next year with a 2-0 win over Navy. Navy and Johns Hopkins continued their impromptu rivalry yearly (playing twice a year for a period of years) up through 1889, with Navy enjoying many successful records as the years went on.

1890 brought about more regular schedules for Navy, including the first ever Army-Navy game, a 24-0 victory of Navy. Along with the more regular schedules, Navy continued their success on the gridiron, experiencing only two losing seasons between 1890 and 1909. 1910 and 1910 took that success to a new high. Navy football experienced it's first perfect season in 1910, finishing the year with a record of 8-0-1, with Rutgers forcing a 0-0 tie to be their only blemish. The next year saw Navy end with a 6-0-3 record.

One of the most impressive of those two years, is the fact of Navy's points given up. Navy was perfect on defense in 1910. The Naval Academy team as a whole outscored opponents 99-0 during the 1910 season. While the defense ultimately surrendered points during the 1911 season, it wasn't many, as Navy outscored their opponents that year 116-11, only giving up 5 points to Johns Hopkins and 6 points to NC State. Navy would continue their winning way, only having one losing season through the rest of the decade.

The His and Lows

The 1920s would see Navy start to pick up more losses, but the team still remained successful, claiming winning seasons multiple times over the decade. It would be 1926 however that Navy would reach the highest point of it's program. It was during this year that Navy claimed their best record, 9-0-1, ending their season in a 21-21 tie with rival Army. It was also this year that Navy would claim their first, and still only, national championship, being declared the national champions by the Boand and Houlgate Polls. Navy would continue to succeed on the field through the end of the 1920s. However, the 1930s were not as nice.

The 1930s brought about many seasons of near .500 or sub-.500 seasons for Navy. The only truly claims of success for Navy in the 1930s were the 1934 and 1936 seasons when Navy claimed 8-1-0 and 6-3-0 records. Navy also saw one of their lowest seasons in 1932 with a 2-6-1 record.

The early 1940s would see a rejuvenated Navy football team, reeling off six straight winning seasons, including ending ranked in the AP Top 10 in four of those years, with a high ranking of #3 in 1945. Unfortunately, the 1940s would quickly turn sour for Navy after 1945, as Navy fell to a funk of losing records every year through 1951, including Navy's worst year to date, a 0-8-1 record in 1948.

Navy would snap out of it however, once again going on a hot streak, rolling out winning seasons every year from 1952 through 1963, ending seven of those years ranking in the Top 10, including three seasons in the AP Top 5, and ending the season #2 in both the AP and United Press polls in 1963.

Unfortunately, Navy slipped into a slew of losing seasons by the mid 1960s, experiencing a winning record only twice between 1964 and 1977. Navy found their winning ways again, fielding winning teams every season between 1978 and 1982 before defeat reared its ugly, hideous head upon the Midshipmen yet again.

From 1983 on, Navy would not see another winning season for their football team until 1996. A second winning record in a row, in 1997, gave Midshipmen fans hope that the program had finally turned around, however their hopes were quickly dashed, as Navy fell back into losing obscurity between 1998 and 2002, with 2001 being their darkest days, the team ending the season with a winless 0-10 record.

The Beginning of a Streak

2003 however, brought about a breath of fresh air for Navy, as Paul Johnson’s triple option offense took root in the Midshipmen ranks and propelled Navy to a 8-5 record, only their third winning season since 1982. Navy then proved they were back to stay to their fans, clinching winning records in every single following year through current day, gaining a 3-4 records in bowls, with wins over New Mexico, Colorado State, and Missouri, while losing close tough games to Boston College, Utah, Wake Forest and failing to keep up with Texas Tech during their 2003 Houston Bowl matchup.

Navy further proved they were relevant again, finishing with no worse than an 8-5 record during their current streak of 7 straight winning seasons. In 2007, Navy proved they were a force to be reckoned with, when they snapped their 43-year losing streak and finally defeated the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 46-44 in triple overtime, only their 4th overtime game in school history, with their first overtime game occurring the year before in a one point loss to Tulsa.

Navy nearly defeated Notre Dame for a second year in a row, as the Midshipmen recovered two onside kicks and scored two touchdowns in the final two minutes of the game. However Notre Dame would ultimately hold on for the 27-21 victory. Navy would only have to wait one year to get revenge, defeating the Irish for the second straight game in South Bend, 23-21. It was also a significant victory as it was the first time an unranked Navy team had defeated a ranked Notre Dame team (ranked 22nd at the time) since 1936.

Navy also has enjoyed extreme success against their follow service academies, owning a perfect 14-0 record against Air Force and Army since 2003 and a 15-1 record since 2002. Navy has also possessed the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy for the past seven straight years, the longest such streak since the creation of the trophy in 1972. Air Force had owned the longest streak immediately before Navy’s current streak, possessing the trophy six straight years from 1997 through 2002.

The Fall from Grace

After the 2009 season, shocking reports came out about rampant, wide spread issues occurring in the athletic department and specifically the football team, at the Naval Academy. In response to the rumors, the NCAA promptly launched an investigation, and upon finding them true, declared all players on the team no longer eligible for NCAA play, however did not go so far as to officially declare the death penalty for the program. The NCAA also hit the team with a reduction of 10 scholarships for their next three seasons, if and when played.

The Naval Academy, reeling from the sudden upheaval of their program, was forced to resort to random walk-ons from the current students at the academy. Unfortunately, this essentially killed any progress the team had made in the past decade. One college football analyst assigned the overall rating, offense, and defense of the team a grade of F. To truly drive home how much damage has been done, he estimated the scores of the overall rating, offense, and defense of the Naval Academy and compared them to the two worst teams in college football last year, Eastern Michigan and Western Kentucky. His research came up with the following estimates:

Team Name|Overall|Offense|Defense
Western Kentucky|60|65|60
Eastern Michigan|60|60|63
Navy|40|40|40

The Naval Academy knew that continuing with their severely weakened team would make for some extremely rough seasons ahead, but to simply drop football, even for a year or two, would do irreparable damage, and far, far more damage than continuing on with the program in its current state. Thus begins the trek of Navy into the unknown as they attempt to recover from this sudden upheaval of their program.

May God have mercy on their (and mine) souls.....

Dynasty Note: Even though in the story above all the players were kicked off the team and Navy was forced to resort to random walk-ons, I will be using regular named rosters with the names of the current players. I can’t help my love for playing the game with the real life players currently on Navy’s team.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Dynasty Requirements

Scheduling

- Navy will automatically play each rival every season. These rivals include:

Army (primary rival, C-I-C Trophy)
Air Force (C-I-C Trophy)
Maryland (Crab Bowl Classic)
Notre Dame
Rutgers
SMU (Gansz Trophy)

- Navy will also be required to play two west coast teams (for “recruiting purposes”), and one game per season against a Top 10 team to open their season. The Top 10 team will be chosen by a random number generator.

- The remaining three teams chosen must be from separate conferences, and from different conferences every season (for example, can’t play a MAC opponent two years in a row).

- Besides the rivalry games, Navy will be required to play teams with no worse than a 7-6 (bowl game included) record from the previous season.

Recruiting

- The recruiting slider will be on Heisman difficulty.

- Navy is forced to recruit 1-star recruits, and ONLY 1-star recruits for the first 5 seasons of the dynasty, regardless.

- After the 5 season period has expired, Navy must recruit UNDER their current program prestige ranking.

- Example 1: A 2-star prestige Navy team may only recruit 1-star players.
- Example 2: A 3-star prestige Navy team may only recruit 2-star and 1-star players.
- A 1-star prestige Navy team may only recruit 1-star players.

- Recruiting restrictions will also be directly related to records, and more specifically, winning records.

- A 5 win or less season, only the prestige based recruiting restrictions will still apply.
- A 6-7 win season, Navy may only recruit 4-star or lower players, with all prestige based restrictions still applying.
- An 8-9 win season, Navy may only recruit 3-star or lower players, with all prestige based restrictions still applying.
- A 10+ win season, Navy may only recruit 2-star or lower players, with all prestige based restrictions still applying.
- An undefeated season, Navy may only recruit 1-star players, regardless of any prestige based restrictions.

- Due to the “NCAA punishments”, Navy will be docked 10 scholarships each season for the first three seasons of the dynasty.

- Navy can recruit more than two players from only a pipeline state. If a state is NOT a pipeline state, Navy may only sign a maximum of two players in a single season from that state.

- If, after recruiting is completed, Navy happens to have more than 70 players on the team (or a lesser maximum depending on scholarship restrictions), the BEST players on the team will be the ones to be cut.

- The recruiting rules will be evaluated and changed accordingly after season 10 and every 5 seasons thereafter. The scheduling rules are permanent for the entire length of the dynasty.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:26 AM
School Information

First Season: 1879
Athletic Director: Chet Gladchuk
Head Coach: Ken Niumatalolo
2 Years - 18-10 (.643%)
Home Stadium: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Stadium Capacity: 34,000
Conference: Independent
All Time Record: 640–520–57 (.549)
Post Season Bowl Record: 7-8-1
Claimed National Titles: 1 (1926)
Heisman Winners: 2
Consensus All-Americans: 23
Colors: Navy Blue and Gold

Rivals

- Army - Commander-in-Chief's Trophy - Navy leads (54–49–7) *Navy currently on an 8 game winning streak

- Air Force - Commander-in-Chief's Trophy - Air Force leads (24-17) *Navy currently on a 7 game winning streak

- Notre Dame - Notre Dame leads (71-11-1)

- Maryland - Crab Bowl Classic - Navy leads (14-6)

- Rutgers - Series tied (11–11–1)

- SMU - Gansz Trophy - Navy leads (1-0)

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:27 AM
Stadium Info

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/AKS74/2005_Stanford-Navy_Game_at_Navy-Mar.jpg

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is an outdoor athletic stadium near the campus of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. It is the home field of the Navy Midshipmen football team, the men's lacrosse team, and the Chesapeake Bayhawks lacrosse team.

The stadium serves as a memorial to the Navy and Marine Corps; it is dedicated to those who have served (and will serve) as upholders of the traditions and renown of the Navy and Marine Corps of the United States. The thousands of memorial bench-back and wall plaques are a constant reminder, as well as the list of numerous battles involving the Naval and Marine Corps forces since the early 1900s.

The stadium opened on September 26, 1959, when Navy defeated William & Mary in football, 29–2. The current seating capacity is 34,000. The attendance record for the stadium is 37,970, when Navy lost to the Pitt Panthers in football, 42-21, on October 18, 2008. Prior to 1959, Navy played its home games at Thompson Stadium, which seated only 12,000.

In 2004 the stadium underwent a major renovation by 360 Architecture. Among the improvements were an expanded press box, 140 club seats and associated club lounge, private suites, new stadium seating (northwest end zone), ADA enhancements, updated restrooms, concessions and stadium operation facilities, new banquet facilities, and renovated locker room facilities.

The field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is named "Jack Stephens Field", for Jackson T. Stephens (Class of 1947), whose gift aided (1) the renovation of the stadium, (2) the Class of 1947 Legacy project to benefit the Academy's Museum, and (3) other Academy projects. For its first 46 years, the stadium's playing field was natural grass. Prior to the 2005 football season, the grass field was replaced with FieldTurf, a next-generation infilled synthetic turf. The field runs northwest to southeast.

The stadium has never hosted the Army–Navy Game; the last game played in Annapolis was in 1942 at Thompson Stadium. The rivalry game is normally played at a neutral site between the campuses on the East Coast; in early December, most often in Philadelphia (with occasional stop-offs in Baltimore and East Rutherford, New Jersey). The same situation exists with the Notre Dame-Navy series.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:27 AM
Navy Yearly Recaps

Season|Year|Record|Record vs. Rivals|Rank|Bowl Game|National Champion
1|2010|0-5|0-2|NR|N/A|N/A

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Navy Football Win-Loss Records

Category|Wins|Losses
Overall|0|5
Home|0|2
Away|0|3
Neutral Site|0|0
Rivalry|0|2
Top 25|0|1
Top 10|0|1
Bowl Games|0|0

Team Milestones

Milestone|Amount
Winning Seasons|0
Top 25 Finishes|0
Top 10 Finishes|0
Top 5 Finishes|0
C-I-C Trophies|0
Gansz Trophies|0
National Championships|0
Longest Win Streak|0
Longest Losing Streak|5
Most Wins in a Season|0
Most Losses in a Season|5
Biggest Win|0
Biggest Loss|136-0 at Texas

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Navy Career Win-Loss vs. Opponent

Team Name|Wins|Losses|Biggest Win|Biggest Loss
Air Force|0|0|0|0
Army|0|0|0|0
Houston|0|1|0|116-0
Maryland|0|1|0|105-0
Nevada|0|0|0|0
Notre Dame|0|0|0|0
Ohio|0|0|0|0
Rutgers|0|1|0|113-0
SMU|0|0|0|0
South Florida|0|0|0|0
Stanford|0|1|0|97-0
Texas|0|1|0|136-0

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Navy Rivalries

Commander-in-Chief's Trophy

The Commander-in-Chief's Trophy is awarded to each season's winner of the triangular college football series among the United States Military Academy (Army), the United States Naval Academy (Navy), and the United States Air Force Academy (Air Force). In the event of a tie the award is shared, but the previous winner retains the trophy. Navy has controlled the trophy since 2003, marking the longest time any academy has had possession of the prestigious trophy.

First awarded in 1972. the Commander-in-Chief's trophy was the idea of Air Force General George B. Simler, the commander of Air Training Command and former Air Force Academy athletic director; who felt the need for such a trophy as a means to ensure the Air Force games played against traditional rivals Army and Navy were given some meaning at least slightly more significant than all other normal collegiate opponents that those two storied programs were to play on any given Saturday.

Typically, the Navy–Air Force game is played in early October, the Army–Air Force game is played in mid-November, and the most significant game, between Army and Navy is played in early December, typically in Philadelphia. The game, however, has also been played in such locations as New York, Baltimore, Chicago and Pasadena.

When Navy has possession of the trophy, it is displayed in a glass case in Bancroft Hall, the Midshipmens' dormitory.

Army (Commander-in-Chief's Trophy)

All-Time Series Record: Navy leads 54-49-7

Current Win Streak: Navy 8 straight wins

The Army–Navy Game, an annual game generally played on the last weekend of the college football regular season in early December, pits the football teams of the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York (Army) and United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland (Navy) against one another. It is one of the most traditional and enduring rivalries in college football, and is televised every year by CBS. It was in the 1963 Army–Navy game that instant replay made its debut.

Air Force (Commander-in-Chief's Trophy)

All-Time Series Record: Air Force leads 24-17

Current Win Streak: Navy 7 straight wins

Notre Dame

All-Time Series Record: Notre Dame leads 71-11-1

Current Win Streak: Navy (1 win)

Navy has played Notre Dame, also an independent, in 82 annual games without interruption since 1927 with a record of 11–71–1. From 1963, when Navy beat Notre Dame 35–14, to 2006, Notre Dame won 43 consecutive games against Navy, the longest such streak in Division 1-A football. This streak ended on November 3, 2007, when Navy beat Notre Dame 46–44 in triple overtime. Notre Dame plays this game to repay Navy for helping to keep Notre Dame financially afloat during World War II. This series is scheduled to continue indefinitely.

In 2008, while the Midshipmen had the opportunity to pull another victory at the end, however the game ended in a 27-21 victory for Notre Dame. On November 7, 2009 Navy played an inspired game and upset the #22 ranked Irish 23 to 21 in South Bend. This was Navy's 2nd win in 3 years, marking a turning point in the rivalry, whereby Navy is once again competitive with Notre Dame.

When Navy is the home team for this game in even-numbered years, the Midshipmen host the game off-campus at large stadiums used by NFL teams, usually FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland or M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. The Midshipmen have also hosted the Irish at John F. Kennedy Stadium and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia.

Maryland (Crab Bowl Classic)

All-Time Series Record: Navy leads 14-6

Current Win Streak: Maryland (1 win)

The Crab Bowl Classic, also known as the Crab Bowl or the Maryland–Navy rivalry, is the college football rivalry between the Maryland Terrapins and the Navy Midshipmen. The two institutions, located in close proximity in the state of Maryland, first met for a football game in 1905. Since then, the series has often been marked by controversy, with incidents by players and supporters occurring both on and off the field.

Navy dominated the series early by winning the first eight games, between 1905 and 1930, which remains the longest streak. Maryland secured its first win in 1931 at a neutral site in Washington, D.C. After two more meetings, the series was suspended in 1934 when the Maryland administration protested a play.

The teams met again in 1950 when Navy had a last-minute opening in its schedule. The Terrapins won three consecutive games from 1950 to 1952, and the Midshipmen won three from 1958 to 1963. During the 1964 game, a Maryland player twice flashed an obscene gesture, which prompted Navy to cancel the series again. After contractual obligations were fulfilled with the following year's game, the series was put on hiatus for 40 years. Maryland and Navy finally played again in 2005. Currently, the teams are scheduled to play next in 2010.

Rutgers

All-Time Series Record: Tied 11-11-1

Current Win Streak: Navy (1 win)

This rivalry stems from Navy and Rutgers being two of the only three programs (the third is Army) to come out of the original, informal "Ivy League" that are still members of the top tier of NCAA college football (currently Division I-FBS). Although the two teams only began a regular series relatively recently in 1995, the games between the two schools are often close and sometimes have controversy as in the 2004 and 2007 editions of the series.

The rivalry dates to 1891 making the two schools each others oldest active football rivals. The schools have met 23 times with the series tied at 11–11–1 all time after the 2008 Navy victory. Army is Rutgers' second oldest active rivalry. Navy and Rutgers have played every year since 1995 with the exception of 2002 and are currently scheduled through at least 2014.

SMU (Gansz Trophy)

All-Time Series Record: Tied 7-7

Current Win Streak: Navy 3 straight wins

The Gansz Trophy was created in 2009 through a collaboration between the athletic departments of The United States Naval Academy and Southern Methodist University. The trophy is named for Frank Gansz who played linebacker at the Naval Academy from 1957 through 1959. Gansz later served on the coaching staffs at numerous colleges, including all three service academies and Southern Methodist, as well as several professional teams.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Navy Records

Passing

Rushing

Receiving

Blocking

Defensive

Special Teams

Other Records

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:30 AM
Navy Hall of Fame

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:31 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navyheader.jpg

United States Naval Academy Football

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – My how many changes can take place in such a small period of time. It seems like the end of the college bowl season, and Navy’s bowl win over Missouri was just yesterday. Since then, so many changes have shaken up the college landscape. The conference landscape has undergone a major remake, a good team has been rocked by scandal, and a near death penalty decision by the NCAA.

Let’s start with a look at the new college landscape. In a multitude of changes, the world of college football certainly looks different from just 6 months ago. Instead of just saying what teams moved, we're going to give a conference by conference overview.

ACC: No changes were made.

Big East: No changes were made.

Big 12: Nebraska chose to leave the Big 12 for expected greener pastures in the Big Ten. Meanwhile, to keep their conference together, Houston abandoned Conference-USA and accepted an invite to the Big 12. In other Big 12 related news, after a coup d’état in the Pac-10, Colorado’s invitation ended up being revoked. The Buffaloes were only accepted back into the Big 12 after showing their commitment and “love” for Bevo in an executive session of the meeting, which involved ONLY Texas and Colorado.

Big Ten: One of the most active of the conferences in the off-season. Instead of just adding Nebraska, staying at 12 teams, and creating conference championship game, the Big Ten went a rather unconventional method, choosing to instead stay as an 11 team conference. The Big Ten voted 9-2 to jettison their two worst teams from last season, Indiana and Illinois (the 2 votes against were, rather obviously, from Indiana and Illinois).

Showing one team the door was expected, to make room for Nebraska to join the conference after deciding to not expand to 12 teams but instead stay at 11 teams, however, it was the second team to replace the empty spot left by both Indiana and Illinois departing that caused the biggest surprise off-season.

The biggest story of the off-season came only a few weeks after Nebraska announced they were joining the Big Ten, when in a surprise announcement, the Fighting Irish stunned the world, announcing that Notre Dame was leaving its long valued independence and opting instead to join the new and vastly improved Big Ten. Unfortunately for Indiana and Illinois, it was not such a grand off-season like it was for Notre Dame and Nebraska. More to come of the final resting place of those two.

PAC-10: No changes were made.

SEC: No changes were made.

Conference USA: Also one of the most active conferences, C-USA was busy in the offseason. Houston bolted from the conference, opting instead to join the Big 12. UTEP was then kicked out to make room for two “upgrade” teams, though from their standpoints, it was more of a downgrade. With the opening of two spots in the conference, that made perfect room for Big Ten rejects Indiana and Illinois.

To further make room for them, Conference USA moved Southern Miss, UAB, and UCF to the West Division and shifted Tulsa over to the East Division to join their Great Lakes newcomers. With the changes, Conference USA then did away with their East and West Divisions, instead opting for North and South Divisions.

Mid-American: No changes were made.

Mountain West: With Notre Dame joining the Big Ten, Air Force officials chose to leave a tough Mountain West Conference and instead join their fellow service academies Army and Navy as Independents to have freedom of scheduling among other reasons.

The Mountain West Conference was quick to announce Boise State as the replacement for the spot left open by Air Force’s departure.

Sun Belt: No changes were made.

WAC: The departure of Boise State for the Mountain West opened up a spot for UTEP to free fall from their prior Conference-USA affiliation into the WAC. The conference also voted to drop San Jose State (who then officially made the drop to FCS in all sports) and bring in Alaska State. The Kodiak Bears, whom many have never heard of, are making a major jump from Division II clear up to FBS athletics with the move.

Independents: Notre Dame’s surprise departure for the Big Ten opens up a spot to allow Air Force to make the jump from the Mountain West into Independent status, joining their fellow service academies Army and Navy in the process.

With all of the changes that have occurred to the college football landscape, it should make for some interesting games and conference races for this season and seasons to come.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Ok, I've posted all my pre-dynasty stuff, so this baby is now open for posting.

The Season 1 openers (schedule, pre-season recruiting, etc) will be coming over the next couple hours sometime.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Navy Announces 2010 Football Schedule

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Naval Academy officials announced their 2010 football schedule earlier today, dropping previously expected opponents from over half of their entire schedule, including: Georgia Southern, Louisiana Tech, Wake Forest, Duke, East Carolina, Central Michigan, and Arkansas State. The only teams that survived the axe were Maryland, Air Force, Notre Dame, SMU and Army.

It was announced that Navy was making changes to their schedule in order to maintain their national following in the days after the upheaval by the NCAA. This including playing nationally ranked and well known teams, playing teams on both the east and west coasts, and playing teams from various conferences in an attempt to keep their national recognition and appeal high, in despite of the many long seasons to come.

2010 Navy Football Schedule

Week|Home/Away|Team|Result|Score
1|Away|#3 Texas|Loss|136-0
2|Home|Maryland|Loss|105-0
3|Away|Stanford|Loss|97-0
4|Home|#25 Houston|Loss|116-0
5|Away|Rutgers|Loss|113-0
6|---|Bye Week|---|---
7|Home|Notre Dame|---|0-0
8|Away|Nevada|---|0-0
9|Home|Ohio|---|0-0
10|Away|Air Force|---|0-0
11|Home|SMU|---|0-0
12|---|Bye Week|---|---
13|Home|South Florida|---|0-0
14|Home|Army|---|0-0
15|---|Bye Week|---|---

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Navy Announces 2010 Pre-Season Recruiting Class

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Naval Academy officials officially announced their first list of recruiting prospects, who would make up the first class of players not affected by the scandal in the off-season. Navy officials chose to stick more to home and their pipeline states with this class, hoping to bring in recruits more interested in the academy rather than trying to lure nationally recognized recruits in a possible attempt to reverse the damage immediately.

Below is the list of players making up Navy's initial recruitment list:

Rank|Player|State|Position|Caliber|Interest|Change |Stage|Visit|Offers
1|Chad Thornton|PA|Defensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|---|Top 10|N/A|None
2|Jeremy Anderson|MD|Middle Linebacker|[1star]|2nd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
3|Reggie Harrell|SC|Cornerback|[1star]|2nd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
4|Paul Daniels|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|2nd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
5|Roger Hill|WV|Kicker|[1star]|2nd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
6|Chris Hagen|MD|Punter|[1star]|2nd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
7|J.D. Dailey|PA|Halfback|[1star]|2nd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
8|James High|MD|Cornerback|[1star]|3rd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
9|Jamaal Clark|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|3rd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
10|Vincent Rogers|SC|Tight End|[1star]|3rd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
11|James Weber|FL|Defensive End|[1star]|3rd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
12|Chris Burns|MD|Offensive Guard|[1star]|3rd|---|Top 10|N/A|None
13|Kevin Payne|MD|Offensive Tackle|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
14|Chris Mcnamara|FL|Halfback|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
15|Nick Love|NC|Wide Receiver|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
16|Derek Kirk|FL|Free Safety|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
17|Colin Terry|CT|Wide Receiver|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
18|Charlie Henry|FL|Fullback|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
19|Sean Townes|NJ|Defensive End|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None
20|Ron Campbell|NJ|Outside Linebacker|[1star]|4th|---|Top 10|N/A|None

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Navy Announces 2010 Depth Chart

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Navy announced today their depth chart for the upcoming season. Realistically, there is not much depth to be had in terms of skill, but the following will be the lineup Navy will be bringing to the gridiron this season.

Offense

Quarterbacks

Name|Overall|Speed|Agility|Acceleration|Awareness| Carrying|Throw Power|Throw Accuracy
Ricky Dobbs|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Kriss Proctor|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Travis Keating|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Halfbacks

Name|Overall|Speed|Agility|Acceleration|Awareness| Break Tackle|Carrying|Catching
Andre Byrd|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Aaron Santiago|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Gee Gee Greene|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
David Sperry|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Fullbacks

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Carrying|Catching
Vince Murray|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Alexander Teich|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Mike Stukel|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Wide Receivers

Name|Overall|Speed|Agility|Acceleration|Awareness| Catching|Jumping|Catch in Traffic
Greg Jones|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Mike Schupp|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Gary Myers|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Doug Furman|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Brandon Turner|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Matt Shibata|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Tight Ends

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Awareness|Catc hing|Jumping|Pass Block|Run Block
Delvin Diggs|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Austin Beaty|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Adam Johnson|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Left Tackle

Name|Overall|Strength|Agility|Awareness|Pass Block|Run Block|Impact Blocking
Jeff Battipaglia|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Dallas Butts|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Nolan O'Sullivan|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Left Guard

Ryan Basford|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Francis Archibald|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Thomas Stone|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Center

Eric Douglass|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Brady DeMell|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Right Guard

Alex Boddiford|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
David Hong|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Thomas Stone|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Right Tackle

Matt Molloy|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
John Dowd|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Nolan O'Sullivan|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Defense

Left Defensive End

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Tackle|Pursuit
Jabaree Tuani|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Ryan Paulson|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Daniel Godkin|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Right Defensive End

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Tackle|Pursuit
Billy Yarborough|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Wes Henderson|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Andrew Stellato|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Defensive Tackle

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Tackle|Power Move|Finesse Move
Chase Burge|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Shane Bothel|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Jared Marks|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Ryan Paulson|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Billy Yarborough|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Left Outside Linebacker

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Tackle|Pursuit|Man Coverage|Zone Coverage
Aaron McCauley|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Hal Hunter|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Mike Huf|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Middle Linebacker

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Tackle|Pursuit|Man Coverage|Zone Coverage
Tyler Simmons|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Caleb King|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Trey Grissom|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Mason Graham|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Right Outside Linebacker

Jerry Hauburger|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Neil Doogan|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Vinnie Mauro|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Cornerback

Kevin Edwards|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
David Wright|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Kwesi Mitchell|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Ryan Green|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Caleb Lucas|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Free Safety

Emmett Merchant|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Jordan Fraser|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Jason Wright|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Strong Safety

Wyatt Middleton|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Jarred Shannon|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Jordan Fraser|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Special Teams

Kicker

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Kick Power|Kick Accuracy
Joe Buckley|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Kyle Delahooke|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Tyler Lynch|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Punter

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Kick Power|Kick Accuracy

Kick Returner

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Break Tackle|Carrying
Kevin Edwards|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Caleb Lucas|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Wave Ryder|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Ryan Green|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Punt Returner

Name|Overall|Speed|Strength|Agility|Acceleration|A wareness|Break Tackle|Carrying
Kevin Edwards|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Caleb Lucas|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Wave Ryder|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Ryan Green|40|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

Kickoff Specialist

Long Snapper

Brady DeMell|40|40|40|40|40|40|40
Dallas Butts|40|40|40|40|40|40|40

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 05:53 AM
And for the record, yes, I did just set every single rating of every single player on Navy's football team to 40. This team is the worst in history. I for one WELCOME the walk-ons I will be receiving from the game come the next off-season. :D

Also, in the past, I have always done "pregame" posts before playing my game that week and then posting the results. Yeah, no point. Every week it would read the same: "We're gonna get our asses handed to us!" :D

Hope to have Texas recap up sometime later today.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 10:31 AM
A Texas Shallacking of Epic Proportions

Navy shutout in mega-loss

AUSTIN, Tx. – Well, this one was pretty much over as soon as it started. After Texas received the kickoff, it took two plays and a 52 yard touchdown pass in 21 seconds to officially call this one over. Texas just proceeded to pile it up from there, averaging a touchdown nearly once every minute through the rest of the entire first quarter thanks to an interception and a picked up fumble resulting from a failed flip during a triple option play.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Texas%20-%202010/Newton-52yardTDcatch.jpg

The beginning of the end for Navy, as Tre Newton hauls in a 52 yard touchdown pass 21 seconds into the game.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Texas%20-%202010/Stukel-1stQfumble.jpg

Texas gets the ball back almost immediately as Mike Stukel fumbles away Navy's hope on their first offensive play of the game.

The most telling stat of how the first quarter alone went down, Total Offense. In a mere 8 minutes, Texas racked up 237 yards of total offense, while holding Navy to -12. Add in punts and kick returns, that number grows to 292 to 14. Even worse is the Time of Possession. Texas did all that damage in a measly 1:24 of possession.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Texas%20-%202010/Byrd-2yardlossrush.jpg

It's hard to gain many yards when there are three Texas defenders breathing down your neck. Andre Byrd found out the hard way on this rush for a 2 yard loss.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Texas%20-%202010/Dobbs-2yardlossrush.jpg

Ricky Dobbs gets mobbed by Texas defenders as he tries to run the option. Unfortunately for him, his only option was with his ass flat on the ground during this play for a two yard loss.

Needless to say, the second quarter wasn’t much prettier. Texas decided to not let up on Navy, adding on 35 more points in the second quarter, all while holding Navy to less than 10 yards of offense for the quarter. Add on another 35 points in the third quarter, and another 24 in the fourth quarter, and what you have is a 136-0 ass kicking.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Texas%20-%202010/Dobbs-12yardlosssack.jpg

Just to add insult to injury, Texas blitzes, bringing everyone and the kitchen sink, sacking Ricky Dobbs in the process for a 12 yard loss during this 4th quarter play.

This is one that might be best to put out of memory forever with alcohol, and lots of it!

Scoring Summary

Team|1st Quarter|2nd Quarter|3rd Quarter|4th Quarter|FINAL
:Navy:|0|0|0|0|0
:Texas:|42|35|35|24|136

1st Quarter

Time Remaining|Result|Team|Play
7:39|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 52 yard pass from G. Gilbert (J. Tucker kick)
6:43|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 15 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
5:46|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 36 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
4:37|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 51 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
3:41|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 35 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
1:14|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 10 yard run (J. Tucker kick)

2nd Quarter

7:41|Touchdown|Texas|G. Gilbert, 3 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
5:31|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 59 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
2:48|Touchdown|Texas|J. Chiles, 23 yard pass from G. Gilbert (J. Tucker kick)
2:42|Touchdown|Texas|D. Earnest, returned fumble 20 yards (J. Tucker kick)
0:13|Touchdown|Texas|T. Newton, 20 yard run (J. Tucker kick)

3rd Quarter

4:01|Touchdown|Texas |M. Davis, 54 yard pass from S. Harris (J. Tucker kick)
2:49|Touchdown|Texas|D. Hales, 55 yard pass from S. Harris (J. Tucker kick)
2:19|Touchdown|Texas|J. Chiles, 28 yard pass from S. Harris (J. Tucker kick)
1:24|Touchdown|Texas|J. Chiles, 34 yard pass from S. Harris (J. Tucker kick)
0:15|Touchdown|Texas|F. Whittaker, 5 yard pass from S. Harris (J. Tucker kick)

4th Quarter

3:09|Field Goal|Texas|J. Tucker, 49 yard field goal
2:35|Touchdown|Texas|V. McGee, 2 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
0:46|Touchdown|Texas|F. Whittaker, 5 yard run (J. Tucker kick)
0:29|Touchdown|Texas|D. Hales, 9 yard pass from S. Harris (J. Tucker kick)

Team Stats

:Navy:|
Stat|
:Texas:

0|
Score|136
1|
First Down|15
-25|
Total Offense|725
38-(-25)-0|
Rushes – Yards-TD|33-372-10
0-19-0|
Comp – Att – TD|18-23-8
0|
Passing Yards|420
0-17 (0%)|
3rd Down Conv|6-7 (85%)
0-0 (0%)|
4th Down Conv|0-0 (0%)
0-0 (0%)|
2-Point Conv|0-0 (0%)
9-0-0 (0%)|
Red Zone – TD – FG|13-12-1 (100%)
3|
Turnovers|0
2|
Fumbles Lost|0
1|
Intercepted|0
0|
Punt Return Yards|99
194|
Kick Return Yards|24
169|
Total Yards|915
15 – 33.6|
Punts – Average|0 – 0.0
10 – 85|
Penalties – Yards|10 – 110
22:59|
T.O.P.|9:01

Offensive Player of the Game

Player|School|Position|Stats
Tre Newton|Texas|Halfback|7 carries, 226 yards, 32.2 average, 7 touchdowns, 1 reception, 52 yards, 1 receiving touchdown

Defensive Player of the Game

Kheeston Randall|Texas|Defensive Tackle|10 total tackles, 9 solo tackles, 6 tackles for loss

Honorable Mention

Justin Tucker|Texas|Kicker|1-1 Field Goals, 49 yard field goal, 19-19 Extra Points Made

Up next: home vs. :Maryland:

morsdraconis
07-21-2010, 10:48 AM
You've got me interested. Will you get a win in the first five seasons of your dynasty? I doubt it. :D

I hope you turned contracts off (or if you even can) cause you might run into an issue of getting fired for being so terrible the whole way through.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 11:00 AM
You've got me interested. Will you get a win in the first five seasons of your dynasty? I doubt it. :D

I hope you turned contracts off (or if you even can) cause you might run into an issue of getting fired for being so terrible the whole way through.

Yeah, I wish I'll get a win by season 5. :D At least by the fifth season, I'll have a team full of game issued walk-ons and whatever players I can manage to sign on Heisman recruiting. With this team I have right now, the only way even possible to go is up. :D

As for contracts, I have been searching for those for the past week. I'm thinking they took out the option to turn coach contracts off, because I cannot find it anywhere in this game. At least in those regards, it'll be realistic. A coach getting it handed to him 100-0 every game sure isn't going to be kept for very long. Then it would just be a matter of creating a "newly hired" coach for Navy and continuing on from there pretty much.

Thankfully I still have my Week 1 and Recruiting Wrap-Up to type up and post yet. I was debating about whether or not I wanted to play the Maryland game tonight. Luckily those wrap-ups will probably kill off some of my free time, since I don't think I can put myself through THAT much abuse (both Texas and Maryland) in a single day. :D

And thanks for following man. I've been following your Monarchs dynasty. Looks like I need to start becoming a vocal supporter now that you're stopping by mine. ;)

morsdraconis
07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
As for contracts, I have been searching for those for the past week. I'm thinking they took out the option to turn coach contracts off, because I cannot find it anywhere in this game. At least in those regards, it'll be realistic. A coach getting it handed to him 100-0 every game sure isn't going to be kept for very long. Then it would just be a matter of creating a "newly hired" coach for Navy and continuing on from there pretty much.

Yeah, I figured that they took out the ability to turn them off because I haven't been able to find a way to turn them off either. It's been so long since I've played an NCAA dynasty where I got fired, I'm not sure what's going to happen in the game when your coach gets fired. Hopefully it lets you continue with a new coach or something. Pretty sure, in '07 or '08 when it happened to me (cupcake team that failed to win more than 3 games in 3 straight seasons) that I was pretty much stuck with starting over and not being able to continue the dynasty at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen here as well.

And thanks for following man. I've been following your Monarchs dynasty. Looks like I need to start becoming a vocal supporter now that you're stopping by mine. ;)

:)

I need to speed that dynasty up some. It's going to be really tough once I lose my two good WRs cause they have bailed my ass out so many times in games this season.

SmoothPancakes
07-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I figured that they took out the ability to turn them off because I haven't been able to find a way to turn them off either. It's been so long since I've played an NCAA dynasty where I got fired, I'm not sure what's going to happen in the game when your coach gets fired. Hopefully it lets you continue with a new coach or something. Pretty sure, in '07 or '08 when it happened to me (cupcake team that failed to win more than 3 games in 3 straight seasons) that I was pretty much stuck with starting over and not being able to continue the dynasty at all. Hopefully that doesn't happen here as well.

Hmm, sounds like I might need to do some testing. Since I have a separate roster file saved with my edited Navy roster, and since I won't be even trying Maryland until tomorrow after today's whooping by Texas, I think I might fire up a simulation dynasty just to see what will happen a year or two in when my coach is finally canned. That's really got me wondering now how the game goes about it. I'm the same as you, it's been so long since I've actually be fired (or playing with the option to be fired turned on) that I have no clue how it goes about it this year.

:)

I need to speed that dynasty up some. It's going to be really tough once I lose my two good WRs cause they have bailed my ass out so many times in games this season.

At least you have two good receivers. :P I never thought I'd be so heavily looking forward to actually having the game dump walk-ons onto my roster. :D

iBrandon
07-21-2010, 11:50 AM
LOL geez... they got the death penalty X10.

I'll be following along.

jschwa17
07-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Holy shit! I am doing a dynasty with Navy and went undefeated year one and went to the eagle bank bowl :( but year two i went 10-3 i think. Buty jesus this is going to be nearly impossible for you, but good luck big guy, just PLEASE BEAT ARMY!

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 03:37 AM

Ok, I created a test Navy dynasty last night and just plain simmed through each season to see what would happen. Season 1, I went 0-12 and my approval rating was non-existent. Season 2, I went 0-12 and my approval rating remained non-existent. Season 3, I went 4-8 (getting wins against rivals Air Force, Army, Rutgers and SMU) and was able to get my approval rating up to around 35-40%. However that wasn't good enough and I was fired.

When I was fired, a screen popped up saying I was fired for *enter reason here* and it gave me an option to find a new job with what was basically a list of 10-12 teams of basically the worst of the worst. It also gives you an option to create a new coach, so in my case at least, I could then go ahead and create a new coach and take over Navy with that coach, and essentially just begin a new coaching reign at Navy and continue on with my dynasty from there.

So we won't have to worry about the game just basically killing our dynasty the second we get fired like potentially was the case in '07 or '08.

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 03:38 AM
LOL geez... they got the death penalty X10.

I'll be following along.

Yeah, maybe it would have just been better to just plain give Navy the death penalty and bring in someone else. At least I don't have to worry about hitting that peak of my dynasty and winning the national championship within the first or second or twentieth year. :D

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Holy shit! I am doing a dynasty with Navy and went undefeated year one and went to the eagle bank bowl :( but year two i went 10-3 i think. Buty jesus this is going to be nearly impossible for you, but good luck big guy, just PLEASE BEAT ARMY!

:D Yeah, it's going to be a long, LONG time before I can ever dream or hope of going undefeated with Navy. Maybe by year 25. :D

Thanks for the luck, I think I'm gonna need it. And I'll try my best. God knows I hate nothing more than losing to Army. Though with as bad as this team is, one of the FCS teams in dynasty could probably beat me 100-0. :(

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Week 1 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Not Part of the Plan

The #6 Gators are surprised by Miami University on opening weekend.

Around the NCAA

Upsets
Miami University 15, #6 Florida 10
Missouri 43, #9 Nebraska 24
#23 Utah 31, #16Pittsburgh 21
Fresno State 24, #24 Cincinnati 19

Shutouts
#1 Alabama 33, Alaska State 0
#3 Texas 136, Navy 0
#10 Iowa 48, FCS West 0
#13 USC 41, Hawaii 0
#14 Miami 51, FCS West 0
Notre Dame 56, FCS Northwest 0
Boston College 55, FCS Northwest 0
Stanford 52, FCS West 0
UCF 40, FCS Southeast 0
Cal 37, FCS West 0
Army 37, Eastern Michigan 0
Auburn 23, Arkansas State 0
NC State 21, FCS Midwest 0
Arizona State 20, FCS Southeast 0
Wyoming 12, FCS Northwest 0

Blowouts
#1 Alabama 33, Alaska State 0
#2 Ohio State 49, Marshall 3
#3 Texas 136, Navy 0
#5 Boise State 59, FCS East 10
#10 Iowa 48, FCS West 0
#11 Wisconsin 61, UNLV 3
#12 Georgia Tech 42, FCS West 7
#13 USC 41, Hawaii 0
#14 Miami 51, FCS West 0
#15 Oklahoma 48, Utah State 17
#20 Arkansas 34, FCS West 3
#21 Florida State 56, FCS West 7
#25 Houston 59, Western Kentucky 7
Notre Dame 56, FCS Northwest 0
Boston College 55, FCS Northwest 0
Stanford 52, FCS West 0
Texas A&M 51, FCS Southeast 3
Washington 45, BYU 3
UCF 40, FCS Southeast 0
Illinois 42, FCS Southeast 3
Clemson 42, North Texas 3
Kansas 48, FCS West 10
Cal 37, FCS West 0
Army 37, Eastern Michigan 0
Tennessee 38, FCS Southeast 3
Buffalo 38, FCS East 3
Central Michigan 38, FCS East 6

Nail Biters
Miami University 15, #6 Florida 10
#8 TCU 46, #19 Oregon State 38
#23 Utah 31, #16Pittsburgh 21
Fresno State 24, #24 Cincinnati 19
Georgia 24, UL Lafayette 14
Oklahoma State 20, Washington State 10
Louisiana Tech 20, FCS Northwest 10
Kent State 14, FCS East 7
Southern Miss 31, East Carolina 24
Louisville 23, Kentucky 17
Baylor 28, FCS West 23
Troy 38, Bowling Green 35
Vanderbilt 17, Northwestern 14
Purdue 17, Air Force 15
Minnsota 21, Middle Tennessee State 19

Rivalry Games
Missouri 43, #9 Nebraska 24
Colorado 38, Colorado State 15
Southern Miss 31, East Carolina 24
Louisville 23, Kentucky 17

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

Rank|Last Week|Team|Result|Win-Loss|Points
1|1|Alabama (32)|W 33-0 vs. Alaska State|1-0|1496
2|2|Ohio State (23)|W 49-3 vs. Marshall|1-0|1434
3|3|Texas (3)|W 136-0 vs. Navy|1-0|1374
4|4|Oregon (1)|W 33-14 vs. New Mexico|1-0|1314
5|5|Boise State (1)|W 59-10 vs. FCS East|1-0|1256
6|7|Virginia Tech (1)|W 16-3 vs. UTEP|1-0|1141
7|8|TCU|W 46-36 vs. #19 Oregon State|1-0|1102
8|10|Iowa|W 48-0 vs. FCS West|1-0|976
9|11|Wisconsin|W 61-3 at UNLV|1-0|938
10|12|Georgia Tech|W 42-7 vs. FCS West|1-0|870
11|13|USC|W 41-0 at Hawaii|1-0|834
12|14|Miami|W 51-0 vs. FCS West|1-0|767
13|15|Oklahoma|W 48-17 vs. Utah State|1-0|718
14|17|LSU|W 28-3 vs. North Carolina|1-0|629
15|18|Penn State|W 34-6 vs. FCS Southeast|1-0|573
16|9|Nebraska|L 24-43 at Missouri|0-1|525
17|20|Arkansas|W 34-3 vs. FCS West|1-0|481
18|23|Utah|W 31-21 vs. #16 Pitt|1-0|459
19|21|Florida State|W 56-7 vs. FCS West|1-0|436
20|NR|Missouri|W 43-24 vs. #9 Nebraska|1-0|350
21|6|Florida|L 10-15 vs. Miami University|0-1|326
22|16|Pittsburgh|L 21-31 at #23 Utah|0-1|314
23|19|Oregon State|L 38-46 at #8 TCU|0-1|279
24|25|Houston|W 59-7 vs. Western Kentucky|1-0|266
25|NR|West Virginia|W 35-3 vs. FCS West|1-0|226

Others Receiving Votes:

Team|Points
Georgia|186
Fresno State|153
Auburn|148
Oklahoma State|110
North Carolina|105
Clemson|20
Cal|2
Washington|1

Dropped Out:

Rank|Team|Result|Win-Loss
#22|North Carolina|L 3-28 at #17 LSU|0-1
#24|Cincinnati|L 19-24 at Fresno State|0-1

Heisman Watch

Rank|Player|Postion|Team|Movement
1|Mark Ingram|HB|Alabama|---
2|Case Keenum|QB|Houston|---
3|Kellen Moore|QB|Boise State|---
4|Terrelle Pryor|QB|Ohio State|---
5|Jake Locker|QB|Washington|---

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Taking a look at Navy's recruiting charts after only one week of play, surprisingly, it does not appear that Texas' 136-0 whooping of Texas had any effect. In fact, it almost seems like the opposite has occurred, actually helping Navy's recruiting efforts.

Going into this season, Navy has drastically changed their recruiting methods. In past years, it was not unusual to see Navy stretching their resources far and wide in an attempt to bring in as many recruits as possible, sometimes attempting to go after as many as 35 recruits at a time, hoping to get at least half of those to sign at some point in the season. However, during the overhaul of the football program, Navy has adopted new recruiting standards.

Now during recruiting, Navy has taken to only targeting a more select group of players, as evidenced by their only targeting 20 players at the beginning of the season. The reason? Fewer players being targeted means more resources can be used towards luring that player to come to the Naval Academy. Another change by Navy has been targeting more and more players from their home state Maryland as well as their pipeline states, instead of trying to go after recruits from any and every state. Navy hopes the promise of being able to play close to home as well as having the ability for their friends and family to easily come to games or watch them on TV will help.

So far, one week into the season, it appears those new methods are working. Before Navy started this season, of the 20 players they were targeting, only one player had Navy listed as his top school. Six players had Navy listed as their second preferred school, while five players had Navy listed third, and eight players had Navy listed fourth. What do those results look like now? An astonishing change, as nine players now list Navy as their top and preferred school, as well as another nine players listing Navy as their second preferred school. The remaining two players have Navy listed in third.

In a single week, and after a 136-0 drubbing by Texas, Navy went from having only 12 out of 20 players listing Navy in their Top 3. This week? ALL 20 players have Navy in their Top 3. Perhaps Navy could see some light at the end of that tunnel as they slowly try to recover and right the ship after the scandal over the off-season.

1|Chad Thornton|PA|Defensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|None
2|Jeremy Anderson|MD|Middle Linebacker|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 8|N/A|None
3|Reggie Harrell|SC|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
4|Paul Daniels|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 8|N/A|None
5|Roger Hill|WV|Kicker|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
6|Chris Hagen|MD|Punter|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
7|James High|MD|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
8|Jamaal Clark|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
9|Vincent Rogers|SC|Tight End|[1star]|1st|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
10|J.D. Dailey|PA|Halfback|[1star]|2nd|No Change|Top 10|N/A|None
11|James Weber|FL|Defensive End|[1star]|2nd|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
12|Kevin Payne|MD|Offensive Tackle|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
13|Chris Mcnamara|FL|Halfback|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
14|Nick Love|NC|Wide Receiver|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
15|Derek Kirk|FL|Free Safety|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
16|Charlie Henry|FL|Fullback|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
17|Sean Townes|NJ|Defensive End|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
18|Ron Campbell|NJ|Outside Linebacker|[1star]|2nd|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
19|Chris Burns|MD|Offensive Guard|[1star]|3rd|No Change|Top 10|N/A|None
20|Colin Terry|CT|Wide Receiver|[1star]|3rd|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None

Navy's Pipeline States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, California, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio

morsdraconis
07-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Good stuff man.

Glad to see you can create a new coach and continue on the same dynasty.

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks man. Hopefully the games will eventually become a little bit exciting (maybe Navy will actually get across the 50 yard line for a change) and I can try to spice this baby up.

Oh yes, I was so happy to discover that. Looks like I can suck it up in this dynasty for the next 10-15 years and not have the game screw me out of my dynasty after all. :D

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 01:55 PM
So I just want to shout out a big, giant I HATE YOU to EA! :mad:

Two days after I start this thing, two days after I give up on Online Dynasty and create this as an offline dynasty, I am now able to finally get OD to work for me on EA's website! Two freaking days and this thing could have been an OD like I had planned. If I wasn't already two games into my season, I would probably say screw it, I'm starting over and making this an OD. :D

However, as I have already played Texas and Maryland, it's too late for that. So a bonus sports fans! Be on the lookout for an Alaska State Kodiak Bears dynasty sometime over the next month or two. It would be at least mid-August before I would even consider trying to do Alaska State alongside this dynasty, so it'll be a while. This Navy dynasty is mainly going to determine if Alaska State will purely be an online dynasty that you can follow as I go along, maybe typing up some small stories here and there on EA's OD site but not posting anything in terms of a conventional dynasty on here, or if I will try to juggle both a Navy and an Alaska State dynasty in conventional methods. Depending on what season I'm in and how this thing is going will probably be the deciding factor.

And with that said, be on the lookout for the Maryland game recap within the next hour or two. The stats are already good to go, just need to transfer the game pictures over to EA and then dump them into photobucket, and then get the game story written up. Hopefully this errand I'm about to run won't take too long and I can get back sooner and get the recap finished.

JBHuskers
07-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Damn dude. I will have to try my Nebraska Tech OD then to see if it works. My problem was it wouldn't transfer when I updated anything on the console.

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Damn dude. I will have to try my Nebraska Tech OD then to see if it works. My problem was it wouldn't transfer when I updated anything on the console.

Well, my issue mainly was that I couldn't access my dynasty at all online. I created three different dynasties thinking it was mainly a glitch, and every time, I would sit there looking at a screen saying "Retrieving Online Dynasty..." while trying to load it up. I'd go away from an hour, come back, it'd still be on that screen. Tried it in Firefox, IE8, and Chrome, all the same thing. All of this on Tuesday, after I was able to create 3 different test dynasties to work with OD somewhat on Sunday and Monday before I tried to create my Navy dynasty officially, and have those test dynasties worked without any issue.

I don't know if whatever my issue was, was finally fixed when they took the OD servers offline earlier today for some work/upgrades or what, but apparently I can now access my test dynasty I created Tuesday night with absolutely no issues. But since my Navy dynasty already has the first two games played, may as well put my 1 OD commissioner slot to use at some point in the future, and what better to use it on than my Alaska State teambuilder team. ;)

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Maryland Wins Crab Bowl Classic

Navy drubbed for second game in a row

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another game, another triple digit loss. Yet another blow to Navy’s season as they slowly try to survive this first year after the scandal. Unfortunately for Navy, this game was over as soon as the ball was kicked off. 90 yards and a cloud of dust was all it took for Torrey Smith to put Maryland on the board before either offense would step on the field.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Smith-90yardkickoffreturn2.jpg

Torrey Smith breaking into the open during his 90 yard opening kickoff return for a touchdown.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Smith-90yardkickoffreturn.jpg

Torrey Smith celebrating after his 90 yard kickoff return for a touchdown. He is either claiming Maryland is number 1, or simply stating that this was the first of what would be many touchdowns for Maryland this day.

Maryland signaled their intent to take full advantage of a depleted Navy squad much like Texas had, when after the Terrapin's second touchdown of the game, they attempted to go for a two-point conversion. However, too strong of a throw would force an incomplete pass due to catching the ball with a foot out of bounds, denying Maryland their chance of taking a 15-0 lead.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Dobbs--2yardrush.jpg

Maryland defenders had no problem breaking through Navy’s offensive line and harassing those in the backfield. Here Ricky Dobbs gets swarmed for a 2 yard loss during 1st quarter play.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Murray--1yardrush.jpg

Maryland defenders were also ruthless when tackling Navy ball carriers. Here Vince Murray gets body slammed by Alex Wujciak for a one yard loss.

There was however some promise to be found amongst all the wretched. Navy’s defense actually showed signs of life, holding Maryland to no more than 37 points in a quarter, and even holding the Terrapins to as little as 17 points in the 4th quarter. Navy's defense also managed to reach Maryland's quarterback during the second half and ended the game with three sacks recorded.

Navy’s offense also began to show signs of life this week, ending the game with 120 yards of total offense, 15 of those on the ground and 105 coming in the air. Navy was found very little offensive success during the first half, mustering only 5 yards on the ground and none in the air, but a second half injury to starter Ricky Dobbs, who was sidelined for the rest of the game with a bruised shoulder, allowed Kriss Proctor to bring Navy’s offense alive with a 3rd quarter drive across the 50 yard line for the first time of the season, extending it all the way down to the Maryland 23 yard line.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Pooler-Interception.jpg

Ben Pooler intercepting Ricky Dobbs’ only pass attempt of the game.

It looked like Navy might finally find the scoreboard, if not from a touchdown, then surely from a field goal. However, it was not to be as the first play from scrimmage after reaching the 23 yard line, a fumbled carry up the gut by Vince Murray ultimately doomed Navy’s only major offensive drive of the game.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Wujciak-Interception.jpg

Alex Wujciak bringing down one of Maryland’s two interception off of Kriss Proctor during the second half.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Scott-19yardrush.jpg

Maryland ball carriers enjoyed wide open holes all day. Here Da Rel Scott blast into an giant hole on his way to a 19 yard touchdown run, one of four times he would find the endzone.

Navy also found some hope in the game by almost holding Maryland to less than 100 points. With less than a minute on the clock and Maryland at only 98 points, Navy had hopes of holding the Terrapins under 100. However, a Kriss Proctor pass from the Navy 20 yard line, intercepted just barely after it had flown past the line of scrimmage, was quickly returned 21 yards for a touchdown, sending the Midshipmen to another 100+ point loss.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Maryland%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Hartsfield-Interception.jpg

Demetrius Hartsfield denied Navy any chance at losing by less than 100 points on this interception, which was promptly returned 21 yards untouched for Maryland’s final touchdown of the game.

Navy hopes to build on this game and maybe find more offensive and defensive success in their next game, but with a tough Stanford Cardinal next in line, a team that has outscored both two opponents thus far by a total of 103-6, that doesn’t appear likely to happen.

Scoring Summary

:Maryland:|37|30|21|17|105

1st Quarter

7:48|Touchdown|Maryland|T. Smith, returned kickoff 89 yards (N.Ferrara kick)
6:52|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Scott, 1 yard run (2-point conversion failed)
4:10|Field Goal|Maryland|N. Ferrara, 22 yard field goal
2:27|Touchdown|Maryland|R. Tyler, 13 yard pass from J. Robinson (N.Ferrara kick)
0:23|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Scott, 0 yard run (N.Ferrara kick)
0:05|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Scott, 10 yard run (N.Ferrara kick)

2nd Quarter

3:35|Touchdown|Maryland|T. Smith, 37 yard pass from J. Robinson (N.Ferrara kick)
2:40|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Scott, 0 yard run (N.Ferrara kick)
1:31|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Meggett, 1 yard run (N.Ferrara kick)
1:14|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Meggett, 3 yard run (missed kick)
0:00|Field Goal|Maryland|N. Ferrara, 35 yard field goal

3rd Quarter

4:08|Touchdown|Maryland|H. Brown, 0 yard pass from D. O’Brien (N.Ferrara kick)
2:16|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Meggett, 5 yard run (N.Ferrara kick)
2:01|Touchdown|Maryland|R. Tyler, 3 yard pass from D. O’Brien (N.Ferrara kick)

4th Quarter

3:28|Touchdown|Maryland|R. Tyler, 6 yard pass from D. O’Brien (N.Ferrara kick)
1:01|Field Goal|Maryland|N. Ferrara, 23 yard field goal
0:46|Touchdown|Maryland|D. Hartsfield, 21 yard interception return (N.Ferrara kick)

Team Stats

:Maryland:|
Stat|
:Navy:

105|
Score|0
19|
First Down|7
463|
Total Offense|120
45-263-7|
Rushes – Yards-TD|42-15-0
18-36-5|
Comp – Att – TD|9-26-0
200|
Passing Yards|105
7-14 (50%)|
3rd Down Conv|3-19 (15%)
0-0 (0%)|
4th Down Conv|1-1 (100%)
0-0 (0%)|
2-Point Conv|0-0 (0%)
17-10-3 (76%)|
Red Zone – TD – FG|0-0-0 (0%)
0|
Turnovers|9
0|
Fumbles Lost|6
0|
Intercepted|3
49|
Punt Return Yards|0
89|
Kick Return Yards|190
601|
Total Yards|310
5 – 38.4|
Punts – Average|13 – 30.8
4 – 35|
Penalties – Yards|14 – 92
16:08|
T.O.P.|15:52

Da Rel Scott|Maryland|Halfback|15 carries, 108 yards, 7.2 average, 4 touchdowns, 2 receptions, 16 yards

Demetrius Hartsfield|Maryland|Right Outside Linebacker|8 total tackles, 4 solo tackles, 1 tackle for loss, 1 interception, 1 touchdown

Honorable Mention

Ronnie Tyler|Maryland|Wide Receiver|7 receptions, 73 yards, 10.4 average, 3 touchdowns

Injury Update

Player|Position|Injury|Length Out
Ricky Dobbs|Quarterback|Bruised Shoulder|End of Maryland game, then Day to Day
Alex Boddiford|Right Guard|Sprained Wrist|1 Week

Up next: at :Stanford:

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Week 2 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

D-Fence D-Stroys

Tennessee slows down the Ducks offense en route to a 14-7 upset of #4 Oregon.

Around the NCAA

Upsets
Tennessee 14, #4 Oregon 7
Virginia 19, #11 USC 9
Vanderbilt 21, #14 LSU 14

Shutouts
#6 Virginia Tech 41, FCS West 0
#17 Arkansas 42, Louisana-Monroe 0
Middle Tennessee State 59, FCS East 0
Clemson 50, FCS East 0
Northwestern 42, FCS Midwest 0
Kentucky 41, Western Kentucky 0
Louisville 38, FCS Midwest 0
Tulsa 34, FCS Northwest 0

Blowouts
#3 Texas 38, Wyoming 7
#6 Virginia Tech 41, FCS West 0
#7 TCU 57, FCS Southeast 7
#17 Arkansas 42, Louisana-Monroe 0
#18 Utah 43, UNLV 7
#20 Missouri 48, FCS Northwest 7
#22 Pittsburgh 48, FCS Midwest 10
Middle Tennessee State 59, FCS East 0
UConn 56, FCS Southeast 3
Minnesota 54, FCS West 3
Clemson 50, FCS East 0
Boston College 52, Kent State 7
Stanford 51, UCLA 6
Northwestern 42, FCS Midwest 0
Mississippi 44, Tulane 3
Kentucky 41, Western Kentucky 0
Louisville 38, FCS Midwest 0
Washington State 48, FCS East 10
Kansas State 51, FCS West 14
Texas Tech 44, New Mexico 5
Cincinnati 40, FCS East 3
Purdue 45, FCS Northwest 10
Arizona 42, FCS West 7
Texas A&M 41, Louisiana Tech 6
Tulsa 34, FCS Northwest 0
Central Michigan 40, Temple 10

Nail Biters
#1 Alabama 28, #15 Penn State 26
Tennessee 14, #4 Oregon 7
Virginia 19, #11 USC 9
Vanderbilt 21, #14 LSU 14
#21 Florida 16, South Florida 14
Auburn 20, Mississippi State 10
Washington 30, Syracuse 20
San Diego State 17, New Mexico State 7
Southern Miss 20, Bowling Green 10
Rice 27, North Texas 17
Louisiana-Lafayette 17, Arkansas State 7
South Carolina 27, Georgia 20
Ball State 13, FCS West 7
Eastern Michigan 26, Miami University 20 - OT
Florida Atlantic 36, Michigan State 31
Toledo 17, Ohio 13
Hawaii 27, Army 24
Duke 29, Wake Forest 27

Rivalry Games
#25 West Virginia 44, Marshall 17
Maryland 105, Navy 0
Duke 29, Wake Forest 27
South Carolina 27, Georgia 20
Iowa 37, Iowa State 13

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

1|1|Alabama (37)|W 28-26 vs. #15 Penn State|2-0|1501
2|2|Ohio State (23)|W 23-6 vs. #12 Miami|2-0|1452
3|3|Texas (1)|W 38-7 vs. Wyoming|2-0|1364
4|5|Boise State|W 49-27 vs. BYU|2-0|1256
5|6|Virginia Tech|W 41-0 vs. FCS West|2-0|1203
6|7|TCU|W 57-7 vs. FCS Southeast|2-0|1151
7|8|Iowa|W 37-13 vs. Iowa State|2-0|1099
8|9|Wisconsin|Bye Week|1-0|1047
9|10|Georgia Tech|W 23-9 vs. Kansas|2-0|1011
10|13|Oklahoma|W 56-35 vs. #19 Florida State|2-0|861
11|4|Oregon|L 7-14 at Tennessee|1-1|711
12|17|Arkansas|W 42-0 vs. Louisiana-Monroe|2-0|653
13|16|Nebraska|W 30-3 vs. FCS Northwest|1-1|653
14|18|Utah|W 43-7 vs. UNLV|2-0|606
15|12|Miami|L 6-23 at #2 Ohio State|1-1|604
16|15|Penn State|L 26-28 at #1 Alabama|1-1|518
17|20|Missouri|W 48-7 vs. FCS Northwest|2-0|514
18|NR|Tennessee|W 14-7 vs. #4 Oregon|2-0|464
19|21|Florida|W 16-14 vs. South Florida|1-1|423
20|22|Pittsburgh|W 48-10 vs. FCS Midwest|1-1|379
21|24|Houston|W 55-41 vs. Idaho|2-0|335
22|11|USC|L 9-19 vs. Virginia|1-1|320
23|25|West Virginia|W 44-17 at Marshall|2-0|305
24|23|Oregon State|Bye Week|0-1|292
25|19|Florida State|L 35-56 at #13 Oklahoma|1-1|264

Others Receiving Votes:

Team|Points
LSU|230
Fresno State|207
Auburn|177
Oklahoma State|123
Clemson|42
Rutgers|34
North Carolina|2
Cal|2

Dropped Out:

#14|LSU|L 14-21 at Vanderbilt|1-1

Heisman Watch

4|Terrelle Pryor|QB|Ohio State|---
5|Ryan Broyles|WR|Oklahoma|^^^

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another drubbing on the football field, and another week of gains by Navy in the recruiting ranks. The biggest news of the week for Navy, was the commitment to the Naval Academy football program by blocking tight end Vincent Rogers. Rogers, standing at 6’3”, 195 pounds, hails from Dillon, South Carolina.

Rogers is rated as the 100th overall tight end in this year’s class and is ranked as only a 1 star player by Scouts, Inc. It was apparent that Rogers desired to attend the Naval Academy from day one as he instantly agreed and accepted Navy’s scholarship offer as soon as it was presented to him.

In signing Rogers, Navy was able to beat out East Carolina, South Florida, Wake Forest, Marshall, and Southern Miss for the commitment of Vincent. Academy officials are looking forward to seeing Rogers step onto the field in a Navy uniform next season and help transform what has been a dismal offense thus far this season.

Navy also had nine more players declare Navy as their top preferred school, bringing the total now up to a new record of 17 recruits that Navy tops the charts for. Of the remaining two players being targeted by Navy, both have Navy listed as their second preferred school, with Navy barely trailing behind rival Army for Sean Townes, and Army with a small, yet uncomfortable lead over Navy for Colin Terry.

1|Chad Thornton|PA|Defensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes
2|Jeremy Anderson|MD|Middle Linebacker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
3|Reggie Harrell|SC|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
4|Paul Daniels|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
5|Roger Hill|WV|Kicker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
6|Chris Hagen|MD|Punter|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
7|James High|MD|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
8|Jamaal Clark|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|None
9|J.D. Dailey|PA|Halfback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 8|N/A|None
10|James Weber|FL|Defensive End|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
11|Kevin Payne|MD|Offensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
12|Chris Mcnamara|FL|Halfback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
13|Nick Love|NC|Wide Receiver|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
14|Derek Kirk|FL|Free Safety|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
15|Charlie Henry|FL|Fullback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
16|Ron Campbell|NJ|Outside Linebacker|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
17|Chris Burns|MD|Offensive Guard|[1star]|1st|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
18|Sean Townes|NJ|Defensive End|[1star]|2nd|No Change|Top 10|N/A|None
19|Colin Terry|CT|Wide Receiver|[1star]|2nd|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
20|Vincent Rogers|SC|Tight End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2010, 06:13 PM
And with that, this baby is officially on hiatus for the next 36-48 hours. I am now entering my weekly period of hell where work becomes an utter, living hell all day Fridays and at least the first half of Saturdays. So it'll be Saturday afternoon at the earliest before I even have a chance to play the Stanford game. If I'm feeling ambitious, I may have the Stanford game played and the Stanford recap, the Week 3 Wrap-up, and Week 3 recruiting update done by sometime Saturday night. Most likely it won't be until Sunday at some point though.

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Stanford Claims Easy Victory

Navy holds Cardinal under 100 points, but controversy erupts

STANFORD, Ca. – Another game and another loss. However, Navy can claim some success from this game. For the first time in three games, Navy has finally managed to hold an opponent to less than 100 points. Stanford was hoping to become the third straight team to hit the century mark in points against Navy, however a defense looking more like a junkyard dog showed up on the other side of the line of scrimmage, holding the Cardinal to only three touchdowns in the first and second quarters.

Though Navy’s defense showed up to the game looking to make it a tough fight, when Stanford was able to get their offense rolling, it didn’t take long for them to make the Navy defenders look foolish. On Stanford’s first touchdown of the game, a well time juke and spin move by Jeremy Stewart exposed the bad pursuit route that was taken by Emmett Merchant, as Merchant went flying past Stewart in a diving attempt to make the tackle at the 5 yard line.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Stanford%20-%202010/Stewart-30yardrush.jpg

Jeremy Stewart jukes and spins out of the way of pursuing Emmett Merchant’s diving tackle attempt at the 5 yard line.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Stanford%20-%202010/Stewart-30yardrushtd2.jpg

Jeremy Stewart jogs into the end zone to score Stanford’s first touchdown of the game after easily making Emmett Merchant’s desperation dive tackle attempt fail.

While Navy’s defense showed up ready to play and held tough, the Midshipmen offense looked their most sluggish of the season, barely able to even get out of the backfield. Multiple times ball carriers to barely able to get back to the line. Navy was held to negative rushing yards for most of the game before Gee Gee Greene and Aaron Santiago would manage to gain 14 yards on Navy’s final drive as the Mids attempted to kill some of the remaining time on the clock, bringing Navy back into positive numbers, though ending the day with only a total of 8 rushing yards.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Stanford%20-%202010/Santiago-4yardrush.jpg

Aaron Santiago rushes forward for a 4 yard gain during 4th quarter play, helping Navy to finish with positive rushing yards for the game.

The passing game didn’t look much better, with Ricky Dobbs being forced to dump the ball quickly under pressure from multiple defenders. As a result of this quick attack by the defense and limited time for accurate passes, Navy only managed 28 yards through the air in only two completed passes out of 24 attempts.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Stanford%20-%202010/Dobbs-7yardslosssack.jpg

Ricky Dobbs gets sacked by Stanford’s Brian Bulcke for a 7 yard loss during 1st quarter action.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Stanford%20-%202010/Dobbs-incompletepass.jpg

Ricky Dobbs barely gets the pass off as Stanford’s Michael Thomas closes in for the attempt sack.

This extreme lack of offensive production would limit Navy to only four first downs for the entire game, and only produce 36 yards of offense. The harassing Cardinal defense also made it a long day for Navy. It seemed at times like the Stanford defense was supposed to be in the backfield rather than the Navy offense as the front line easily pushed past Navy’s much weaker offensive line.

Despite nearly being yet another triple digit blowout, Navy’s players and fans showed plenty of fire in the closing seconds of the game as a nearly sideline clearing controversy occurred. Rather than just simply run down the last couple seconds on the clock, Stanford instead decided to go for one last touchdown, scoring on a 4 yard rush by Stepfan Taylor with only 5 seconds left in the game.

As Stanford was already up 90-0 at this point, and yet another Cardinal touchdown would do nothing but bloat the final score even more, many Navy players and fans become extremely hostile after Taylor dove into the end zone for the final score. It took the entire Navy coaching staff to keep an agitated Navy sideline from erupting into chaos.

Since the end of the game, Navy fans from the across the entire country have voiced very strong opinions against the Cardinal for that last touchdown, many calling it a bush league call by the Stanford coaching staff to simply further run up the score when only mere seconds were left on the clock. Navy fans have held no secrets that they want future blood on the gridiron against the Stanford Cardinal. However, as the two teams currently are not scheduled to play each in the near future beyond this season, it appears Navy fans and players may have to wait for their desired vengeance.

Scoring Summary

:Stanford:|20|21|35|21|97

1st Quarter

5:47|Touchdown|Stanford|J. Stewart, 30 yard run (missed kick)
3:39|Touchdown|Stanford|J. Stewart, 12 yard run (N. Whitaker kick)
2:12|Touchdown|Stanford|C. Owusu, 35 yard pass from A. Luck

2nd Quarter

3:55|Touchdown|Stanford|J. Stewart, 5 yard run (N. Whitaker kick)
2:35|Touchdown|Stanford|C. Owusu, 11 yard pass from A. Luck (N. Whitaker kick)
1:10|Touchdown|Stanford|D. Baldwin, 13 yard pass from A. Luck (N. Whitaker kick)

3rd Quarter

2:45|Touchdown|Stanford|J. Stewart, 7 yard run (N. Whitaker kick)
2:16|Touchdown|Stanford|D. Baldwin, 2 yard pass from A. Luck
1:37|Touchdown|Stanford|J. Nunes, 1 yard run (N. Whitaker kick)
0:48|Touchdown|Stanford|G. Whalen, 5 yard pass from J. Nunes (N. Whitaker kick)
0:09|Touchdown|Stanford|J. Mauro, fumble recovery in endzone (N. Whitaker kick)

4th Quarter

2:50|Touchdown|Stanford|C. Fleener, 13 yard pass from J. Nunes (N. Whitaker kick)
1:25|Touchdown|Stanford|S. Taylor, 1 yard run (N. Whitaker kick)
0:05|Touchdown|Stanford|S. Taylor, 4 yard run (N. Whitaker kick)

Team Stats

Stat|
:Stanford:

0|
Score|97
4|
First Down|22
36|
Total Offense|558
36-8-0|
Rushes – Yards-TD|46-273-7
2-24-0|
Comp – Att – TD|24-29-6
28|
Passing Yards|285
2-19 (10%)|
3rd Down Conv|4-9 (44%)
1-2 (50%)|
4th Down Conv|0-0 (0%)
0-0 (0%)|
2-Point Conv|0-0 (0%)
0-0-0 (0%)|
Red Zone – TD – FG|12-11-0 (91%)
2|
Turnovers|2
1|
Fumbles Lost|2
1|
Intercepted|0
0|
Punt Return Yards|68
179|
Kick Return Yards|27
215|
Total Yards|653
14 – 31.9|
Punts – Average|1 – 38.0
22 – 185|
Penalties – Yards|9 – 68
15:37|
T.O.P.|16:23

Jeremy Stewart|Stanford|Halfback|25 carries, 174 yard, 6.9 yards per carry, 4 touchdowns

Josh Mauro|Stanford|Left Defensive End|3 total tackles, 2 solo tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 blocked punt, 1 touchdown

Honorable Mention

Andrew Luck|Stanford|Quarterback|17-22 passing, 198 yards, 4 touchdowns

Injury Update

N/A|N/A|N/A|N/A

Up next: vs. #19 :Houston:

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Week 3 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Shootout!

No team likes traveling to Norman, but Boise State makes the best of it

Around the NCAA

Upsets
Nione

Shutouts
South Carolina 49, FCS Southeast 0
Central Michigan 35, Eastern Michigan 0
UAB 30, New Mexico State 0

Blowouts
#1 Alabama 48, Duke 3
#2 Ohio State 48, Ohio 10
#5 Virginia Tech 35, East Carolina 3
#8 Wisconsin 48, Arizona State 7
#11 Oregon 63, FCS West 6
Alaska State 42, FCS Northwest 3
#16 Penn State 45, Kent State 7
#17 Missouri 45, San Diego State 10
Michigan 44, FCS East 3
Wake Forest 43, Louisiana Tech 7
Texas A&M 38, Florida International 6
Fresno State 47, Utah State 17

Nail Biters
#4 Boise State 45, #10 Oklahoma 38
#9 Georgia Tech 21, North Carolina 20
#18 Tennessee 36, #19 Florida 34
#22 USC 22, Minnesota 14
#25 Florida State 37, BYU 27
Michigan State 31, Air Force 21
Cincinnati 33, NC State 23
Army 28, North Texas 19
Clemson 14, Auburn 10
Iowa State 17, Kansas State 13
Connecticut 13, Temple 10 (OT)
Purdue 29, Ball State 26
Tulsa 30, Kansas 27
UCF 18, UCLA 15
Illinois 17, Buffalo 14
Akron 15, Kentucky 12

Rivalry Games
#3 Texas 45, Texas Tech 21
#6 TCU 37, Baylor 21
#14 Utah 31, New Mexico 14
#18 Tennessee 36, #19 Florida 34
#23 West Virginia 27, Maryland 3
Central Michigan 35, Eastern Michigan 0
Ole Miss 36, Vanderbilt 17

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

1|1|Alabama (39)|W 48-3 at Duke|3-0|1503
2|4|Boise State (21)|W 45-38 at #10 Oklahoma|3-0|1445
3|2|Ohio State (1)|W 48-10 vs. Ohio|3-0|1409
4|3|Texas|W 45-21 at Texas Tech|3-0|1360
5|5|Virginia Tech|W 35-3 vs. East Carolina|3-0|1205
6|6|TCU|W 37-21 vs. Baylor|3-0|1140
7|7|Iowa|W 44-17 at Arizona|3-0|1096
8|8|Wisconsin|W 48-7 vs. Arizona State|2-0|1016
9|9|Georgia Tech|W 21-20 at North Carolina|3-0|974
10|12|Arkansas|W 34-10 at Georgia|3-0|825
11|11|Oregon|W 63-6 vs. FCS West|2-1|805
12|13|Nebraska|W 42-13 vs. Northern Illinois|2-1|700
13|14|Utah|W 31-14 at New Mexico|3-0|698
14|10|Oklahoma|L 38-45 vs. #4 Boise State|2-1|592
15|15|Miami|Bye Week|1-1|586
16|16|Penn State|W 45-7 vs. Kent State|2-1|555
17|17|Missouri|W 45-10 vs. San Diego State|3-0|540
18|18|Tennessee|W 36-34 vs. #19 Florida|3-0|508
19|21|Houston|W 41-27 at Washington|2-1|387
20|20|Pittsburgh|Bye Week|1-1|372
21|22|USC|W 22-14 at Minnesota|2-1|321
22|23|West Virginia|W 27-3 vs. Maryland|3-0|298
23|24|Oregon State|W 44-24 vs. Louisvillel|1-1|232
24|25|Florida State|W 37-27 vs. BYU|2-1|211
25|19|Florida|L 34-36 at #18 Tennessee|1-2|192

Others Receiving Votes:

Team|Points
LSU|190
Fresno State|180
Clemson|136
Oklahoma State|118
Nevada|96
Rutgers|72
Ole Miss|28
Stanford|15
Auburn|6

Dropped Out:

N/A|N/A|N/A|N/A

Heisman Watch

4|Malcom Williams|WR|Texas|^^^
5|Austin Pettis|WR|Boise State|^^^

SmoothPancakes
07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another drubbing on the football field, and another week of gains by Navy in the recruiting ranks. The biggest news of the week for Navy, was the commitment to the Naval Academy football program by blocking tight end Vincent Rogers. Rogers, standing at 6’3”, 195 pounds, hails from Dillon, South Carolina.

Rogers is rated as the 100th overall tight end in this year’s class and is ranked as only a 1 star player by Scouts, Inc. It was apparent that Rogers desired to attend the Naval Academy from day one as he instantly agreed and accepted Navy’s scholarship offer as soon as it was presented to him.

In signing Rogers, Navy was able to beat out East Carolina, South Florida, Wake Forest, Marshall, and Southern Miss for the commitment of Vincent. Academy officials are looking forward to seeing Rogers step onto the field in a Navy uniform next season and help transform what has been a dismal offense thus far this season.

Navy also had nine more players declare Navy as their top preferred school, bringing the total now up to a new record of 17 recruits that Navy tops the charts for. Of the remaining two players being targeted by Navy, both have Navy listed as their second preferred school, with Navy barely trailing behind rival Army for Sean Townes, and Army with a small, yet uncomfortable lead over Navy for Colin Terry.

1|Chad Thornton|PA|Defensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes
2|Jeremy Anderson|MD|Middle Linebacker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
3|Reggie Harrell|SC|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
4|Paul Daniels|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
5|Roger Hill|WV|Kicker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
6|Chris Hagen|MD|Punter|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
7|James High|MD|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes
8|Jamaal Clark|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|None
9|J.D. Dailey|PA|Halfback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 8|N/A|None
10|James Weber|FL|Defensive End|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
11|Kevin Payne|MD|Offensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
12|Chris Mcnamara|FL|Halfback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
13|Nick Love|NC|Wide Receiver|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
14|Derek Kirk|FL|Free Safety|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
15|Charlie Henry|FL|Fullback|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
16|Ron Campbell|NJ|Outside Linebacker|[1star]|1st|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
17|Chris Burns|MD|Offensive Guard|[1star]|1st|Gain 2|Top 10|N/A|None
18|Sean Townes|NJ|Defensive End|[1star]|2nd|No Change|Top 10|N/A|None
19|Colin Terry|CT|Wide Receiver|[1star]|2nd|Gain 1|Top 10|N/A|None
20|Vincent Rogers|SC|Tight End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy

jschwa17
07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
YES! FIRST OPPONENT UNDER 100! That should be a trophy or something from EA! Looks like this is going to take a while to get a win but I will continue to check it out.

morsdraconis
07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Same here. Definitely still keeping an eye on this.

SmoothPancakes
07-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I may be getting my ass kicked, but it's actually the most fun I've had in a while. :D Looking at the schedule, I still don't really see anyone I can actually win against with this team (maybe I could get lucky against Army with my craptastic Navy team), but after I get past Houston here, I shouldn't have to worry as much about having 100 points dropped on me in a game. Houston could do it pretty easily with their passing game, but the rest I should at least be able to hold to 90 points or less.

Next season is where the fun is really going to begin, especially with the way my recruiting class is beginning to take shape. :)

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Houston Rolls All Over Navy

600+ yards in passing for Cougars

Annapolis, Md. – Another loss, another 100 point loss, another ass kicking, etc, etc, etc. Instead of doing a big giant write-up, I’m just gonna let the pictures doing the talking as I’d be pretty much essentially repeating myself from the past three games.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Houston%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Mayes-88yardkickoffreturn2.jpg

Devin Mayes takes the opening kickoff 88 yards for a touchdown.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Houston%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Mayes-88yardkickoffreturn.jpg

Devin Mayes and Matt Nicholson celebrate after an 88 yard kickoff return on the opening kickoff.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Houston%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Lucas-14yardpuntreturn.jpg

Caleb Lucas is tackled by James Cleveland during a 14 yard punt return.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Houston%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Edwards-14yardpuntreturn.jpg

Kevin Edwards is swarmed by Houston defenders during a 14 yard punt return.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Houston%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Carrier-17yardpuntreturn.jpg

Tyron Carrier takes back a punt return for 17 yards while Navy defenders trying to tackle him.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Houston%20at%20Navy%20-%202010/Santiago--4yardpass.jpg

Aaron Santiago catches a pass before being tackled by George Bamfo for a 4 yard loss.

Scoring Summary

#19 :Houston:|35|20|30|31|116

1st Quarter

7:47|Touchdown|Houston|D. Mayes, returned kickoff 87 yards (M. Hogan kick)
3:33|Touchdown|Houston|J. Cleveland, 1 yard pass from C. Keenum (M. Hogan kick)
1:29|Touchdown|Houston|P. Edwards, 44 yard pass from C. Keenum (M. Hogan kick)
1:18|Touchdown|Houston|J. Lewis, fumble recovery in endzone (M. Hogan kick)
0:25|Touchdown|Houston|P. Edwards, 36 yard pass from C. Keenum (M. Hogan kick)

2nd Quarter

3:48|Touchdown|Houston|P. Edwards, 21 yard pass from C. Keenum (M. Hogan kick)
2:52|Field Goal|Houston|M. Hogan, 17 yard field goal
2:03|Touchdown|Houston|J. Cleveland, 24 yard pass from C. Keenum (M. Hogan kick)
0:59|Field Goal|Houston|M. Hogan, 42 yard field goal

3rd Quarter

3:39|Touchdown|Houston|E. Smith, 16 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)
2:25|Field Goal|Houston|M. Hogan, 37 yard field goal
1:29|Touchdown|Houston|C. Sims, 47 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)
0:24|Touchdown|Houston|E. Smith, 12 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)
0:00|Touchdown|Houston|T. Carrier, 22 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)

4th Quarter

3:27|Touchdown|Houston|E. Smith, 10 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)
2:37|Touchdown|Houston|R. Williams, 45 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)
1:44|Field Goal|Houston|M. Hogan, 22 yard field goal
1:01|Touchdown|Houston|R. Bates, 2 yard pass from C. Turner (M. Hogan kick)
0:33|Touchdown|Houston|C. Sims, 6 yard run (M. Hogan kick)

Team Stats

:Houston:|
Stat|
:Navy:

116|
Score|0
17|
First Down|2
693|
Total Offense|46
14-61-1|
Rushes – Yards-TD|44-8-0
38-61-12|
Comp – Att – TD|2-19-0
632|
Passing Yards|38
7-13 (53%)|
3rd Down Conv|2-23 (8%)
0-0 (0%)|
4th Down Conv|0-0 (0%)
0-0 (0%)|
2-Point Conv|0-0 (0%)
10-6-3 (90%)|
Red Zone – TD – FG|1-0-0 (0%)
0|
Turnovers|1
0|
Fumbles Lost|1
0|
Intercepted|0
96|
Punt Return Yards|0
87|
Kick Return Yards|301
876|
Total Yards|347
1 – 34.0|
Punts – Average|19 – 30.0
10 – 70|
Penalties – Yards|15 – 140
13:52|
T.O.P.|18:08

Cotton Turner|Houston|Quarterback|20-36, 363 yards, 7 touchdowns

Matt Nicholson|Houston|Middle Linebacker|10 total tackles, 5 solo tackles, 2 tackles for loss

Honorable Mention

Matt Hogan|Houston|Kicker|4-4 Field Goals, 43 long, 14-15 Extra Points made

Injury Update

Vince Murray|Fullback|Broken Finger|3 weeks

Up next: at :Rutgers:

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Week 4 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Holding Their Ground

The home field hex is alive and well as Nittany Lions win close one against Temple

Around the NCAA

Upsets
Indiana 24, #18 Tennessee 6
LSU 26, #22 West Virginia 16
UTEP 13, #23 Oregon State 10

Shutouts
#2 Boise State 34, Wyoming 0
#4 Texas 33, UCLA 0
#7 Iowa 52, Ball State 0
#19 Houston 116, Navy 0
Michigan State 42, FCS Southeast 0
Purdue 36, Toledo 0

Blowouts
#1 Alabama 38, #10 Arkansas 7
#2 Boise State 34, Wyoming 0
#3 Ohio State 63, Eastern Michigan 7
#4 Texas 33, UCLA 0
#7 Iowa 52, Ball State 0
#8 Wisconsin 49, FCS Northwest 3
#11 Oregon 34, Arizona State 3
#13 Utah 39, Alaska State 6
#14 Oklahoma 56, Cincinnati 6
#17 Missouri 55, Miami University 13
#19 Houston 116, Navy 0
Michigan State 42, FCS Southeast 0
Iowa State 40, FCS West 3
Purdue 36, Toledo 0
UCF 39, Tulane 3
Hawaii 49, FCS East 14
Virginia 43, FCS East 10
Northwestern 43, Central Michigan 10
Notre Dame 41, Akron 10
Kansas 36, New Mexico State 6

Nail Biters
#16 Penn State 21, Temple 16 (Penn State scored a touchdown with 1:42 left to win the game)
LSU 26, #22 West Virginia 16
UTEP 13, #23 Oregon State 10
Colorado State 30, Idaho 20
Rice 28, Baylor 21
Buffalo 24, Connecticut 17
UNLV 20, New Mexico 13
Arizona 28, Cal 23
Nevada 23, BYU 18 (BYU is now 0-4 on the season)
Marshall 27, Ohio 23
Western Kentucky 17, South Florida 13
Fresno State 25, Mississippi 23
South Carolina 16, Auburn 15 (South Carolina kicked a 21 yard field goal with 14 seconds left)

Rivalry Games
#5 Virginia Tech 36, Boston College 10
#6 TCU 24, SMU 3
Troy 31, Arkansas State 13
Middle Tennessee State 33, Louisiana-Lafayette 20
UAB 21, Memphis 12
Marshall 27, Ohio 23

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

1|1|Alabama (40)|W 38-7 at #15 Arkansas|4-0|1504
2|2|Boise State (21)|W 34-0 at Wyoming|4-0|1349
3|3|Ohio State|W 63-7 vs. Eastern Michigan|4-0|1284
4|4|Texas|W 33-0 vs. UCLA|4-0|1235
5|5|Virginia Tech|W 36-10 at Boston College|4-0|1201
6|6|TCU|W 24-3 at SMU|4-0|1152
7|7|Iowa|W 52-0 vs. Ball State|4-0|1090
8|8|Wisconsin|W 49-3 vs. FCS Northwest|3-0|1042
9|9|Georgia Tech|W 41-17 vs. NC State|4-0|995
10|11|Oregon|W 34-3 at Arizona State|3-1|892
11|12|Nebraska|Bye Week|2-1|825
12|13|Utah|W 39-6 vs. Alaska State|4-0|810
13|14|Oklahoma|W 56-6 at Cincinnati|3-1|756
14|15|Miami|W 34-14 vs. #20 Pitt|2-1|702
15|10|Arkansas|L 38-7 vs. #1 Alabama|3-1|665
16|16|Penn State|W 21-16 vs. Temple|3-1|654
17|17|Missouri|W 55-13 vs. Miami University|4-0|632
18|19|Houston|W 116-0 at Navy|4-0|559
19|21|USC|Bye Week|2-1|433
20|24|Florida State|W 56-28 vs. Wake Forest|3-1|317
21|NR|LSU|W 26-16 vs. #22 West Virginia|3-1|315
22|25|Florida|W 27-14 vs. Kentucky|2-2|257
23|NR|Fresno State|W 25-23 at Mississippi|3-0|229
24|20|Pittsburgh|L 14-34 at #14 Miami|1-2|195
25|NR|Clemson|Bye Week|3-0|178

Others Receiving Votes:

Team|Points
West Virginia|143
Oklahoma State|139
Nevada|112
Tennessee|99
Virginia|44

Dropped Out:

#18|Tenneseee|L 6-24 vs. Indiana|3-1
#22|West Virginia|L 16-26 at #21 LSU|3-1
#23|Oregon State|L 10-13 at UTEP|1-2

Heisman Watch

3|Austin Pettis|WR|Boise State|^^^
4|Garrett Gilbert|QB|Texas|^^^
5|Terrelle Pryor|QB|Ohio State|^^^

SmoothPancakes
07-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – For one of the first weeks of the season, a recruit has not committed to Navy. However, the Midshipmen made large gains on their opposing teams for all recruits as well has had 10 of the remaining 17 recruits announce that they are ready to make official visits to Navy. The Midshipmen may not be doing pretty on the field, but off the field, this recruiting class is shaping up to be a great haul.

1|Jeremy Anderson|MD|Middle Linebacker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 3|Week 9|Yes (1)
2|Reggie Harrell|SC|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
3|Paul Daniels|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
4|Roger Hill|WV|Kicker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
5|Chris Hagen|MD|Punter|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
6|James High|MD|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
7|Jamaal Clark|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
8|J.D. Dailey|PA|Halfback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
9|James Weber|FL|Defensive End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
10|Kevin Payne|MD|Offensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
11|Chris Mcnamara|FL|Halfback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
12|Nick Love|NC|Wide Receiver|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
13|Charlie Henry|FL|Fullback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
14|Ron Campbell|NJ|Outside Linebacker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
15|Chris Burns|MD|Offensive Guard|[1star]|1st|No Charge|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
16|Sean Townes|NJ|Defensive End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
17|Colin Terry|CT|Wide Receiver|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
18|Vincent Rogers|SC|Tight End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy
19|Chad Thornton|PA|Defensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy
20|Derek Kirk|FL|Free Safety|[1star]|1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy

souljahbill
08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Wow at those pipelines! Get into Alabama and Louisiana and you'll have all the good states locked up.

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Wow at those pipelines! Get into Alabama and Louisiana and you'll have all the good states locked up.

Lol, yeah, that's one thing I LOVE about Navy. They have GREAT pipeline states! :D

And this dynasty is on hold right now. I was really hoping to have done an update last Wednesday or Thursday, unfortunately, I've been sick as all hell since last Sunday night, and still am sick right now a week later. Haven't even tried to touch my Xbox since Tuesday night, and this is my first time on my laptop since Wednesday evening. Even had to have someone fill in for my morning show on Saturday morning because I wasn't about to put myself through trying to drive for 30 minutes, at 65-70 MPH down US 24, at 3:30 in the morning, while I was feeling as horrible as I was during the week. And since my head is still hurting like a bitch, I'm not even gonna try to do anything on the Xbox for at least a couple more days. So maybe later this week I could get a game up. Otherwise it'll be next weekend or next week sometime.

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2010, 07:35 PM
So I've been thinking. While I've been laying here sick for the past week doing pretty much nothing but sleeping and watching TV now and then, I think I'm gonna change my scheduling rules. I'm still going to leave them intact for the most part so that I have some tough as hell schedules, but I want the ability to schedule series without completely breaking my own rules. With Navy in the past month announcing future games with Penn State, South Carolina, and just last week Southern Miss, I want to do some home and homes with opponents, instead of playing Houston this year and then maybe play them again randomly 7 years down the road.

So I'm going to add a rule to my scheduling recruitments allowing me to schedule series with teams, so I could play against Houston this season and then at Houston next season or two seasons from now or something. Basically have "contractually obligated" games with opponents that I need to fulfill instead of just playing random teams here and there and never play them again for a decade. Maybe in the process of it all I can have some teams sort of grow as "mini-rivals" where playing them every 2 or 3 years, you know you're always going to get a good game, maybe even some controversy, a la this year's Stanford game, instead of playing them every single year where it feels like it's trying to be forced as a rivalry or something.

I'm going to toss it around in my head some and think of how to incorporate it into the dynasty and other scheduling rules I already have and make it work.

SmoothPancakes
09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Rutgers Leaves Navy in Flames

Scarlet Knights gains almost 1,000 total yards

New Brunswick, NJ – This game almost started off bad for Navy. The Midshipmen have a history of giving up touchdowns off of opening kickoffs, and this game appeared to be no exception. However, a holding penalty on the fullback ultimately doomed an 84 yard kickoff return, forcing Rutgers to start the game from their own 24 yard line.

That would be the only victory for Navy, as the first play from scrimmage saw Joe Martinek take it 76 yards to the house on the ground. Unfortunately after that, there was seemingly nothing Navy could do right. Rutgers proceeded to have a field day against Navy, racking up 76 points in the first half of play.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Rutgers%20-%202010/Martinek-76yardrush.jpg

Joe Martinek breaks loose from Emmitt Merchant and Jerry Hauburger on his way to a 76 yard touchdown run.

After dropping 76 points in the 1st half, Rutgers was thinking about nothing but besting Texas and putting up 137 points or more. Unfortunately for Rutgers, their 3rd string offense was unable to do much, even against the overmatched Midshipmen defense, managing only a mere 17 points in the 4th quarter and 37 points total in the entire 2nd half.

For Navy, it was another triple digit loss in a season that has already seen many, and will most likely continue to see more.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Rutgers%20-%202010/Young-62yardrush.jpg

Kordell Young takes a rush around the right end and turns it up field for a 62 yard touchdown.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Rutgers%20-%202010/Lucas-13yardkickoffreturn.jpg

It was a rough day for Navy’s special teams. On this early 1st quarter kick return, Caleb Lucas only manages 13 yards before being overrun by 10 Rutgers players. The only Rutgers player not involved in the mass tackle was the kicker.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Rutgers%20-%202010/Dobbs-incompletepass.jpg

Left defensive end Sorie Bayoh gets pressure on Ricky Dobbs, forcing an incomplete pass during 3rd quarter action.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/NCAA%20Football%20Navy%20Dynasty/Navy%20Football%202010/Navy%20at%20Rutgers%20-%202010/Dobbs-7yardlosssack.jpg

As has been becoming a regular sight for Navy fans, Ricky Dobbs gets overwhelmed by the defense, resulting in a sack and a 7 yard loss, courtesy of left defensive end Jonathan Freeny, one of 8 sacks by the Rutgers defense.

Scoring Summary

:Rutgers:|42|34|20|17|113

1st Quarter

7:38|Touchdown|Rutgers|J. Martinek, 76 yard run (S. Te kick)
5:54|Touchdown|Rutgers|T. Wright, 22 yard pass from T. Savage (S. Te kick)
3:52|Touchdown|Rutgers|J. Martinek, 2 yard run (S. Te kick)
2:43|Touchdown|Rutgers|M. Harrison, 22 yard pass from T. Savage (S. Te kick)
1:17|Touchdown|Rutgers|M. Harrison, 9 yard pass from T. Savage (S. Te kick)
0:00|Touchdown|Rutgers|M. Harrison, 21 yard pass from T. Savage (S. Te kick)

2nd Quarter

6:28|Touchdown|Rutgers|M. Sanu, 21 yard pass from T. Savage (missed kick)
4:28|Touchdown|Rutgers|T. Wright, 26 yard pass from T. Savage (S. Te kick)
3:34|Touchdown|Rutgers|J. Hayes, 30 yard pass from S. Shimko (S. Te kick)
2:38|Touchdown|Rutgers|M. Sanu, returned punt 58 yards (S. Te kick)
1:10|Touchdown|Rutgers|D. Williams, 6 yard run (S. Te kick)

3rd Quarter

6:43|Touchdown|Rutgers|K. Young, 62 yard run (S. Te kick)
4:32|Touchdown|Rutgers|J. Hayes, 12 yard pass from S. Shimko (S. Te kick)
2:56|Field Goal|Rutgers|S. Te, 48 yard field goal
0:24|Field Goal|Rutgers|S. Te, 36 yard field goal

4th Quarter

4:04|Field Goal|Rutgers|S. Te, 25 yard field goal
2:55|Touchdown|Rutgers|K. Young, 35 yard run (S. Te kick)
1:29|Touchdown|Rutgers|K. Young, 32 yard run (S. Te kick)

Team Stats

Stat|
:Rutgers:

0|
Score|113
2|
First Down|24
2|
Total Offense|804
37-(-18)-0|
Rushes – Yards-TD|39-451-6
1-21-0|
Comp – Att – TD|24-38-8
20|
Passing Yards|353
1-21 (4%)|
3rd Down Conv|7-12 (58%)
0-0 (0%)|
4th Down Conv|0-0 (0%)
0-0 (0%)|
2-Point Conv|0-0 (0%)
0-0-0 (0%)|
Red Zone – TD – FG|7-5-1 (100%)
2|
Turnovers|0
1|
Fumbles Lost|0
1|
Intercepted|0
0|
Punt Return Yards|145
156|
Kick Return Yards|0
158|
Total Yards|949
17 – 38.7|
Punts – Average|1 – 45.0
15 –112|
Penalties – Yards|5 – 50
14:09|
T.O.P.|17:51

Tom Savage|Rutgers|Quarterback|15-19, 246 yards, 6 touchdowns

Jonathon Freeny|Rutgers|Left Defensive End|7 total tackles, 4 solo tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 2 sacks

Honorable Mention

Kordell Young|Rutgers|Halfback|22 carries, 255 yards, 3 touchdowns

Injury Update

Jeff Battipaglia|Left Tackle|Knee Bruise|1 week
Vince Murray|Fullback|Broken Finger|2 weeks
Jabaree Tuani|Left Defensive End|Pulled Groin|4 weeks

Up next: Bye Week, then :Notre_Dame:

SmoothPancakes
09-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Week 5 Wrap-Up and Stats

ESPN Magazine

Oklahoma Rolls Over Texas

Oklahoma is on top of the world after beating rival #4 Texas

Around the NCAA

Upsets
#13 Oklahoma 41, #4 Texas 20
#16 Penn State 17, #7 Iowa 13
Stanford 21, #10 Oregon 14 (Stanford is now 5-0)
#25 Clemson 22, #14 Miami 17
Washington 38, #19 USC 17

Shutouts
#8 Wisconsin 34, Michigan State 0
#24 Pitt 51, Florida International 0
Rutgers 113, Navy 0
SMU 41, Rice 0
Temple 28, Army 0

Blowouts
#1 Alabama 39, #22 Florida 9
#8 Wisconsin 34, Michigan State 0
#20 Florida State 37, Virginia 3
#23 Fresno State 54, FSC East 3
#24 Pitt 51, Florida International 0
Rutgers 113, Navy 0
SMU 41, Rice 0
Auburn 49, UL Monroe 9
Texas A&M 38, Oklahoma State 3
Ohio 38, Eastern Michigan 3
Mississippi State 37, FCS Southeast 3
Toledo 34, Wyoming 3
UTEP 43, New Mexico State 13

Nail Biters
#3 Ohio State 21, #11 Nebraska 18
#5 Virginia Tech 30, NC State 24
#6 TCU 17, Colorado State 10
#16 Penn State 17, #7 Iowa 13
Stanford 21, #10 Oregon 14 (Stanford is now 5-0)
#25 Clemson 22, #14 Miami 17
Northwestern 31, Minnesota 21
Texas Tech 46, Iowa State 36
Louisiana-Lafayette 27, North Texas 17
Arkansas State 26, Louisville 17
Kansas 14, Baylor 7
Washington State 31, UCLA 24
Georgia 17, Colorado 10
Connecticut 21, Vanderbilt 16
New Mexico 25, UAB 20
Louisiana Tech 26, Hawaii 21
Northern Illinois 24, Akron 20
Central Michigan 17, Ball State 13
Tulsa 27, Marshall 24

Rivalry Games
#1 Alabama 39, #22 Florida 9
#13 Oklahoma 41, #4 Texas 20
#20 Florida State 37, Virginia 7
Rutgers 113, Navy 0
Michigan 38, Notre Dame 22
Maryland 31, Duke 10
Memphis 33, Southern Miss 21
SMU 41, Rice 0
BYU 32, Utah State 7 (BYU’s first win of the season)
Nevada 37, UNLV 26
UTEP 43, New Mexico State 13

Top 25

Coaches' Poll

1|1|Alabama (35)|W 39-9 vs. #22 Florida|5-0|1499
2|3|Ohio State (23)|W 21-18 at #11 Nebraska|5-0|1476
3|2|Boise State (1)|Bye Week|4-0|1431
4|5|Virginia Tech (1)|W 30-24 at NC State|5-0|1280
5|6|TCU (1)|W 17-10 at Colorado State|5-0|1224
6|8|Wisconsin|W 34-0 at Michigan State|4-0|1116
7|9|Georgia Tech|W 31-3 at Wake Forest|5-0|1062
8|13|Oklahoma|W 41-20 vs. #4 Texas|4-1|967
9|4|Texas|L 20-41 vs. #13 Oklahoma|4-1|904
10|12|Utah|Bye Week|4-0|889
11|16|Penn State|W 17-13 at #7 Iowa|4-1|813
12|7|Iowa|L 13-17 vs. #16 Penn State|4-1|791
13|15|Arkansas|Bye Week|3-1|713
14|17|Missouri|Bye Week|4-0|639
15|11|Nebraska|L 18-21 vs. #3 Ohio State|2-2|630
16|18|Houston|Bye Week|4-0|590
17|10|Oregon|L 14-21 vs. Stanford|3-2|516
18|20|Florida State|W 37-7 at Virginia|4-1|491
19|21|LSU|W 34-6 vs. Tennessee|4-1|430
20|14|Miami (FL)|L 17-22 at #25 Clemson|2-2|379
21|23|Fresno State|W 54-3 vs. FCS East|4-0|357
22|25|Clemson|W 22-17 vs. #14 Miami (FL)|2-2|357
23|NR|Stanford|W 21-14 at #10 Oregon|5-0|357
24|24|Pittsburgh|W 51-0 vs. Florida International|2-2|267
25|NR|West Virginia|Bye Week|3-1|201

Others Receiving Votes:

Team|Points
Nevada|149
Washington|128
USC|111
Florida|44
Michigan|1

Dropped Out:

#19|USC|L 17-38 vs. Washington|2-2
#22|Florida|L 9-39 at #1 Alabama|2-3

Heisman Watch

4|Landry Jones|QB|Oklahoma|^^^
4|Austin Pettis|WR|Boise State|\/
5|Terrelle Pryor|QB|Ohio State|---

SmoothPancakes
09-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Navy Recruiting Update

ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Another week of recruiting, a second straight week of no commitments. However, middle linebacker Jeremy Anderson, currently sitting on top of Navy’s recruiting board, has soft committed to the Midshipmen and could officially sign on for next season within the next week.

As for the other rest of the players on Navy’s board, all but two players are either scheduled already for campus visits, or have signaled their readiness to come to campus for official visits.

1|Jeremy Anderson|MD|Middle Linebacker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 3|Week 9|Soft - Navy
2|Reggie Harrell|SC|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
3|Paul Daniels|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 3|Week 9|Yes (1)
4|Roger Hill|WV|Kicker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
5|Chris Hagen|MD|Punter|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
6|James High|MD|Cornerback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
7|Jamaal Clark|MD|Quarterback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
8|J.D. Dailey|PA|Halfback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 3|Week 9|Yes (1)
9|James Weber|FL|Defensive End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
10|Kevin Payne|MD|Offensive Tackle|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
11|Chris Mcnamara|FL|Halfback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
12|Nick Love|NC|Wide Receiver|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
13|Charlie Henry|FL|Fullback|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Week 9|Yes (1)
14|Ron Campbell|NJ|Outside Linebacker|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
15|Chris Burns|MD|Offensive Guard|[1star]|1st|No Charge|Top 5|Ready|Yes (1)
16|Sean Townes|NJ|Defensive End|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
17|Colin Terry|CT|Wide Receiver|[1star]|1st|No Change|Top 8|N/A|Yes (1)
20|Vincent Rogers|SC|Tight End| [1star] |1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy
19|Chad Thornton|PA|Defensive Tackle| [1star] |1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy
20|Derek Kirk|FL|Free Safety| [1star] |1st|No Change|Commit|N/A|Hard-Navy