PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA Playoffs Discussion

JBHuskers
05-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Use this thread to chat about the 2010 NBA Playoffs.

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Well I'll get it goin...

Damnit Mavs! Now I guess I'll have to go with GO SUNS!

cdj
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Cleveland sure checked out in the 2nd half last night. Has to be brutal to be a Cavs fan today...big loss at home and now the media is starting the 'LeBron to Knicks' talk at full strength.

JBHuskers
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
My team is the Celtics....so I'm definitely happy after last night!

texacotea
05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Cavs choked and LBJ doesnt do any thing quick his legacy that he is building will be a wash. Either team that wins that series is facing a tough and HOT magic team. Im thinking we are going to see the same matchup as we did lastyear

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Cavs choked and LBJ doesnt do any thing quick his legacy that he is building will be a wash. Either team that wins that series is facing a tough and HOT magic team. Im thinking we are going to see the same matchup as we did lastyear

I agree, Cleveland is just too reliant on Lebron to do it all... They have the most overrated supporting cast in the NBA! Given he's a pretty good option on most nights, but in the playoffs the key # is 3. You have to have 3 guys that can put pressure on a defense because it's impossible to double 3 people. Obviously you can do it with less (or more) but it's much tougher to do, any team that has done it with 2 has been 2 GREATS + a productive supporting cast. Just to name a few:

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili
Kobe, Gasol, Odom
Allen, Pierce, Garnett
Billups, Hamilton, Wallace
Kobe, Shaq
Jordan, Pippen

texacotea
05-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree, Cleveland is just too reliant on Lebron to do it all... They have the most overrated supporting cast in the NBA! Given he's a pretty good option on most nights, but in the playoffs the key # is 3. You have to have 3 guys that can put pressure on a defense because it's impossible to double 3 people. Obviously you can do it with less (or more) but it's much tougher to do, any team that has done it with 2 has been 2 GREATS + a productive supporting cast. Just to name a few:

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili
Kobe, Gasol, Odom
Allen, Pierce, Garnett
Billups, Hamilton, Wallace
Kobe, Shaq
Jordan, Pippen

agreed, Shaq isnt the Shaq of old. Jamison is decent but you cant really rely on Mo williams to put 10-15 up a night. Rondo is really setting the tone for Boston

cdj
05-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Not looking good for Cleveland. BOS up 9 entering 4th.

Kwizzy
05-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Hell yes! Go home Lebron! Can't help but notice he wasn't doin a whole lot of dancing & handshaking tonight! :D

cdj
05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
His post-game press conference should be interesting.

texacotea
05-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Delonte west and MRs James? seen rumors nothing official but def could be the way he fell off the last 3 games.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3004192/lebron_james_mom_rumored_affair_with.html

cdj
05-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Delonte west and MRs James? seen rumors nothing official but def could be the way he fell off the last 3 games.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3004192/lebron_james_mom_rumored_affair_with.html

I wonder if Mrs. James gave DeLonte a Hummer (http://www.dakotastudent.com/2.5867/let-lebron-james-have-his-hummer-1.872821).

texacotea
05-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I wonder if Mrs. James gave DeLonte a Hummer (http://www.dakotastudent.com/2.5867/let-lebron-james-have-his-hummer-1.872821).

lol...this would def mean LBJ is gone from Cleveland IMO

NatureBoy
05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Boston is laying the Smackdown on the Magic tonight. :eek:

cdj
05-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Orlando didn't even show up. Pretty embarrassing. I watched the LOST premiere re-run on ABC and that was infinitely more dramatic than the game. ;)

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Orlando didn't even show up. Pretty embarrassing. I watched the LOST premiere re-run on ABC and that was infinitely more dramatic than the game. ;)

I'm truly surprised by my Celtics here....I thought we'd be toast in this series.

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Boston is laying the Smackdown on the Magic tonight. :eek:

More of the same tomorrow as the Lakers will put a fork in the Suns. In Pheonix no less. Brooms out anyone?!

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 03:06 AM

Ouch! That has potentially multiple meanings. By the sound of it, she definitely gave him a hummer! Or two! :o :p

Jayrah
05-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Phx getting it done tonight. 2-1 barring a complete collapse in the final 2:30. Didn't expect that I must say

JBHuskers
05-23-2010, 11:35 PM
If Boston can finish it off in game four, then the old boys on that team will get some more rest :)

Sinister
05-26-2010, 01:13 PM
tied 2-2 wow i didn't think i would see a team run mostly zone and win in the nba. Lakers big men need to step up . Bynum is done last nite he couldn't get into position. They are gonna have to come out there with a different lineup .

JBHuskers
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Alright hopefully the Celtics close this baby out tonight.....I've never had two of my teams make any pro finals in the same year.....this would be sweet.

Jayrah
05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Alright hopefully the Celtics close this baby out tonight.....I've never had two of my teams make any pro finals in the same year.....this would be sweet.

Boooooo Celtics!!!! I'm not an Orlando fan, but I hate the celts

JBHuskers
05-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Boooooo Celtics!!!! I'm not an Orlando fan, but I hate the celts

That's it you're banned! LMAO kidding, of course.

texacotea
05-26-2010, 08:17 PM
after watching the celtic/magic series I believe that the Celtics have a better team. Howard is a good defensive player but everytime he touches the ball on O i cringe. I think hes going to turn it over every time. Really the only offense they seem to have lately is what Nelson creates. Lewis is playing "sick" I think its bull. I would like to see the magic because I have money on them. Garnet is a home town guy and is def someone i pull for. But the celtics look to be the only team out of those 2 that will compete with the lakers if they pull it out

Jayrah
05-27-2010, 12:35 AM

haha, very clever. Hold the ban stick over my head. :D But I speak from the heart, and from the West, so don't hate me too much. :p By the way LMAO? What's it mean?

after watching the celtic/magic series I believe that the Celtics have a better team. Howard is a good defensive player but everytime he touches the ball on O i cringe. I think hes going to turn it over every time. Really the only offense they seem to have lately is what Nelson creates. Lewis is playing "sick" I think its bull. I would like to see the magic because I have money on them. Garnet is a home town guy and is def someone i pull for. But the celtics look to be the only team out of those 2 that will compete with the lakers if they pull it out

Still think that after watching ALL of the game tonight? Celtics better stop Jameer at home or Orlando's gonna pull off the miracle big time in game 7. The rumors that the Celtics are too old may be true and showing now that the series has sped up.

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
haha, very clever. Hold the ban stick over my head. :D But I speak from the heart, and from the West, so don't hate me too much. :p By the way LMAO? What's it mean?

Still think that after watching ALL of the game tonight? Celtics better stop Jameer at home or Orlando's gonna pull off the miracle big time in game 7. The rumors that the Celtics are too old may be true and showing now that the series has sped up.

Eh you know I'm kidding...I'm not from a site that would just ban you because of your opinion, man.

Ugh, the Celtics are old story.....game 6, end of story.

Jayrah
05-27-2010, 01:39 AM

Eh you know I'm kidding...I'm not from a site that would just ban you because of your opinion, man.

Ugh, the Celtics are old story.....game 6, end of story.

I still don't know what LMAO means? haha. And of course you're kidding. We'll see about game 6. I thought the end of the story was gonna be game 4......

JBHuskers
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
I still don't know what LMAO means? haha. And of course you're kidding. We'll see about game 6. I thought the end of the story was gonna be game 4......

Laugh
My
Ass
Off

There you go. Class dismissed :)

Jayrah
05-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Ok, that was my very good guess. Lakers 3-2 baby! The Laker New Guy does it again! It's always that new guy for them that makes a playoff play to win a game. So,.... LMAO

Also, hope the Celtics aren't too old tomorrow. lol

Jayrah
05-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, that's that. Bon Voyage Orlando.

NatureBoy
05-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Congrats to the Celtics for the big win tonight. Now, if my Lakers can take care of business tomorrow night, we will have one heck of an NBA Finals.

I grew up watching all the great Lakers/Celtics Finals in the 80's. When those two teams met, it was always a battle to the end. Looking forward to seeing it again.

morsdraconis
05-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Congrats to the Celtics for the big win tonight. Now, if my Lakers can take care of business tomorrow night, we will have one heck of an NBA Finals.

I grew up watching all the great Lakers/Celtics Finals in the 80's. When those two teams met, it was always a battle to the end. Looking forward to seeing it again.

If the Finals can live up to those monumental games from the 80's, I think more than Celtic and Lakers fans will look forward to seeing it. Those are some of the best finals games EVER.

JBHuskers
05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I was able to score a date, if the Lakers win. This girl I know is a Lakers fan, and me being a Celtics fan, she said we should place a bet if they match up. So I suggested a date and the loser buys...it worked! :D

morsdraconis
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I was able to score a date, if the Lakers win. This girl I know is a Lakers fan, and me being a Celtics fan, she said we should place a bet if they match up. So I suggested a date and the loser buys...it worked! :D

You crafty devil you. ;)

JeffHCross
05-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I was able to score a date, if the Lakers win. This girl I know is a Lakers fan, and me being a Celtics fan, she said we should place a bet if they match up. So I suggested a date and the loser buys...it worked! :DSo, if the Lakers lose, you don't get the date?

Go Suns ;) (j/k)

NatureBoy
05-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Congrats to the LA Lakers, 2010 Western Conference Champions! Now, bring on the Celtics!

Jayrah
05-30-2010, 02:36 AM
REMATCH!!!! This is going to be the most intense NBA Finals in a long time. The playoffs this year have been more physical and chippy than any I think I've ever seen. Both these teams hate each other (obviously), and it's going to be an absolutely phenomenal matchup at every position. I can't wait! I say it goes at least 6 and probably all 7. Because of the home court I'm giving it to LA.

cdj
06-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Added a poll to pick the winner.

I want the Celtics to win, but I'm also picking LA in 7 due to homecourt.

morsdraconis
06-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Added a poll to pick the winner.

I want the Celtics to win, but I'm also picking LA in 7 due to homecourt.

I'm going Celtics in 7. I definitely don't see the Celtics closing it out early but I definitely see them coming to play in LA on game 7.

NatureBoy
06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lakers-vs-celtics-1.jpg
Lakers in 6.

Flav
06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Lakers in 5. I can't wait to see Kobe tear it up!

Flav
06-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Didn't take long for Artest and Pierce to go at it. haha

Jayrah
06-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Sorry JB. 1 down buddy. Fortunately, now you only have to see that 3 more times. LOL

NatureBoy
06-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Lakers take Game 1!

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Sorry JB. 1 down buddy. Fortunately, now you only have to see that 3 more times. LOL

Hah yep....I won't vote in the poll (even though it's closed) :D

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Ron Artest can be stupid sometimes....but this is something truly good that he did.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/03/ron-artest-los-angeles-lakers-tickets-courtside-boston-celtics-nba-finals/

The two $9,000 tickets were given away this morning in a contest on Power 106 radio in L.A. -- but the winners had no idea that Ron paid for them out of his own pocket.

We called Ron to find out why he shelled out for the seats and he told us, "Most of my fans can't afford the ticket prices to come to any of the games, let alone the Finals. I wanted to treat a fan to something they would normally never have access to, so they could feel like one of the stars for the night."

Ron added, "I feel like just a regular person at the end of the day, and I wanted to be able to share my first Finals experience with one of my regular fans."

morsdraconis
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Ron Artest can be stupid sometimes....but this is something truly good that he did.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/03/ron-artest-los-angeles-lakers-tickets-courtside-boston-celtics-nba-finals/

That's REALLY awesome of him. While I don't want Kobe to win another ring, I kinda hope Artest gets one. He seems like a really nice guy when he's not on the court fouling people with his "amazing defense".

JBHuskers
06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
That's REALLY awesome of him. While I don't want Kobe to win another ring, I kinda hope Artest gets one. He seems like a really nice guy when he's not on the court fouling people with his "amazing defense".

I'm a Celtics fan so my mind's made up :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs565.snc3/30885_415280314048_573079048_4070479_8214432_n.jpg

JeffHCross
06-05-2010, 12:04 AM
http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lakers-vs-celtics-1.jpgThis was my first basketball video game.

Flav
06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Who you guys got tonight?!

Jayrah
06-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Who you guys got tonight?!

LOL, a little late, but I got the C's. haha

Still......Lake Show in 6!!!!

JBHuskers
06-09-2010, 12:24 AM
One thing I can take from game three is the Cetlics were in it even though they weren't playing that well at all.

jaymo76
06-09-2010, 12:45 AM
One thing I can take from game three is the Cetlics were in it even though they weren't playing that well at all.

Fighting back from 17 to get within one and then fall apart with sloppy passing and poor shooting... that's a tough loss and may well seal the deal from LA. I'm surprised Boston didn't pull Allen in the last few mins. He and Pierce had zero rythym tonight.

Jayrah
06-09-2010, 01:12 AM

LOL, it's nice to have something to be positive about. C's tie it up in game 4 because of desperation. Then the Lakers seal it by winning 5 & 6! It's the Lakers 2010 playoff trend!

JBHuskers
06-13-2010, 03:36 AM
Today's game is such a pivotal one.

JBHuskers
06-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Today's game is such a pivotal one.

:D awesome! They've won in LA already this series, so this could be good!

JBHuskers
06-16-2010, 09:18 AM
OOOOH boy ... game seven, hopefully it's a good one tomorrow night.

ebin
06-16-2010, 12:21 PM
OOOOH boy ... game seven, hopefully it's a good one tomorrow night.

It'll be hard for it to be much worse than last night. That was UGLY.

JBHuskers
06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
It'll be hard for it to be much worse than last night. That was UGLY.

I know, I watched the WHOLE game :(

ebin
06-16-2010, 01:00 PM
I know, I watched the WHOLE game :(

You're a better man than I.

cdj
06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Either morsdraconis or I will get this one right. Unfortunately, I think I'll be correct. :(

Flav
06-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Kobe going for that 5th ring like it was his first :p I hope he tears it up tonight. Him one on one against Rondo and he makes it as time expires :)

morsdraconis
06-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Either morsdraconis or I will get this one right. Unfortunately, I think I'll be correct. :(

I don't see the Celtics coming out and laying another egg like they did on Tuesday. I just can't see that happening.

cdj
06-18-2010, 12:28 AM
The game was competitive, but I hated to see Boston lose that 13-point lead.

Now we can focus on the important issues in the NBA - where LeBron and the FAs will be heading. ;)

Kingpin32
06-18-2010, 12:38 AM
The game was competitive, but I hated to see Boston lose that 13-point lead.

Now we can focus on the important issues in the NBA - where LeBron and the FAs will be heading. ;)
Chicago baby!!

cdj
06-18-2010, 12:49 AM
I hope so! Not a big LeBron fan, but if he goes to Chicago I might change that.

morsdraconis
06-18-2010, 01:32 AM
He won't go to Chicago. He wouldn't be able to handle being in the shadow of Michael all the time.

Kingpin32
06-18-2010, 01:32 AM
I hope so! Not a big LeBron fan, but if he goes to Chicago I might change that.
Even if we don't get get Lebron, I hope we can get someone like Chris Bosh. He actually went to high school down the street from my church so I've randomly seen him from time to time when I was younger. We just need another big name to kick us in the right direction, hopefully it can be Lebron.

Kingpin32
06-18-2010, 01:34 AM
He won't go to Chicago. He wouldn't be able to handle being in the shadow of Michael all the time.

I thought of that too, but ever since he's been in the league he's been in the shadow of Jordan. I know if he comes to Chicago that shadow will be amplified, but I think Chicago gives him his best chance to win a championship.

morsdraconis
06-18-2010, 01:40 AM
I thought of that too, but ever since he's been in the league he's been in the shadow of Jordan. I know if he comes to Chicago that shadow will be amplified, but I think Chicago gives him his best chance to win a championship.

Oh, I absolutely agree, but I don't think his ego would be able to handle playing with Rose because of Rose's ability to create and take over a game.

LeBron has the same mentality that Kobe does and look what happened with Kobe and Shaq. I don't see LeBron being able to refuse being the center of attention in the Big Apple. Either that or staying at Cleveland.

Kingpin32
06-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Oh, I absolutely agree, but I don't think his ego would be able to handle playing with Rose because of Rose's ability to create and take over a game.

LeBron has the same mentality that Kobe does and look what happened with Kobe and Shaq. I don't see LeBron being able to refuse being the center of attention in the Big Apple. Either that or staying at Cleveland.
Honestly if he goes to New York, whether its New Jersey or the Knicks, the only he goes is if someone goes with him. That is, if he wants to win championships. If he just wants to get paid, he might as well stay on a mediocre Cavaliers team.