PDA

View Full Version : punting guide?

Don
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
i remember way back there being a video, i think by gschwendt, about coffin corner punting. does anybody know where i can find the video? or give me the info in it? i have looked everywhere and cant find it. thanks.

gschwendt
11-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't have the video anymore, that was probably back on NCAA06 or 07. Since then I've refined the t here and there but don't have a new video/guide to share...

Don
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
yeah, it was awhile ago. well thank you anyway.

JeffHCross
11-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't have the video anymore, that was probably back on NCAA06 or 07. Since then I've refined the t here and there but don't have a new video/guide to share...You're dating yourself, dude. It was only 09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3yEqjwWvd4
Wow, I forgot how different the interface was!

EDIT: Don, welcome to the site!

gschwendt
11-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Actually that was my second punting guide and I had forgotten about that one. My original guide was rugby style punting (let it drop & roll) and it was around NCAA06 or 07. Sadly that one was only ever stored at megavideo or the like... back before YouTube.

JeffHCross
11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Actually that was my second punting guide and I had forgotten about that one. My original guide was rugby style punting (let it drop & roll) and it was around NCAA06 or 07. Sadly that one was only ever stored at megavideo or the like... back before YouTube.Ah, I remember that one too, now that you mention it. Ironically, I'd forgotten about that one.

morsdraconis
11-27-2012, 05:22 AM
That's the one I remember. Boy was that forever ago.

ram29jackson
11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
you dont have to go through all that now. You can pretty much point and shoot where you want and just change the power

Don
11-29-2012, 06:08 PM
You're dating yourself, dude. It was only 09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3yEqjwWvd4
Wow, I forgot how different the interface was!

EDIT: Don, welcome to the site!

thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the vid

gigemaggs99
01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
This is pretty cool! I'm all about trying new tricks out and pinning my buddy deep on a coffin corner punt is one of my favorites, I'm off to practice this technique.

Thanks again!

Punting shouldn't be this much fun, but this actually seems cool to me, win the battle of field position and I should be doing good! :up:

EDIT: Well not having much luck so far with the technique from the above video. I've had better luck just pointing the direction arrow to the corner I want the ball to go, then turning my controller to orient it the same direction as the intended kick, i.e. if I want to kick it right and out of bounds I aim the arrow to the right pylon then tilt/turn my controller to the left so I'm still pulling the right-analog stick straight down and straight up with relation to the kick meter.

EDIT to EDIT: Actually I just tried leaving the aiming arrow in the middle of the field, if I want to kick the ball out to the right I move the right-analog stick in more of a 8-9 o'clock position(DOWN/back stroke) to 3 o'clock position(Up/forward stroke). With the ball spotted on the 30 and in the middle of the field it bounced the punt out inside the 5 over and over. I am amazed with how easy it is to repeat the kick.

Same things goes for kicking it out on the left side of the field. I move my right-analog stick from the 3-4 o'clock position to the 9 o'clock position, it's crazy how it goes out inside the 5 yard line over and over.

EDIT: It's amazing, I tried re-spotting the ball on my 45 left hash, moved the right-stick the same as above to kick the ball out of bounds on the right side of the field, the ball bounces inside the 20 and goes out around the 12 yard line! AMAZING!

I wish I had the recording software ya'll have so I could show a video of this.