PDA

View Full Version : Single player Dynasty – Online or Offline?

iBrandon
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
I’m debating on how I want to do my single player dynasty. I think the new Dynasty page tools and how everything is there for people to see, but I don’t know. I can’t have multiple saves incase I sim by accident or delete the file or something.

I was going to do an online dynasty to have the Dynasty Wire, but still post it in the forums.

What are you guys doing?

AustinWolv
07-19-2010, 01:42 PM
I did an online so that I could do recruiting and stuff during downtime at work. :)

iBrandon
07-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Site doesn't work at my job. Something to do with IE. I downloaded Firefox at work and the site worked fine. I had to delete it though.

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm doing it online. I like being able to share media of my dynasty.

Kingpin32
07-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Since I'm using a TB team, I'll probably start over and do an offline dynasty. I just really didn't want to have to write all the stats and stuff down.

JBHuskers
07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Yeah since my TB team is not working with the one-team OD right now (they're looking into it) ... I'm debating because I wanna get started....

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Why isn't it working? My single player Teambuilder OD is working fine.

JBHuskers
07-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Why isn't it working? My single player Teambuilder OD is working fine.

I dunno man. I go into it, try to change a recruit or something (I'm at the very beginning) and when it goes to upload the updated file it says "transfer failed". I tried deleting the dynasty and starting over and that didn't work. I waited until the website was fully updated before creating my team, so I don't know. They're looking into it with my team to see what the deal is.

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I dunno man. I go into it, try to change a recruit or something (I'm at the very beginning) and when it goes to upload the updated file it says "transfer failed". I tried deleting the dynasty and starting over and that didn't work. I waited until the website was fully updated before creating my team, so I don't know. They're looking into it with my team to see what the deal is.

What do you mean, "Change a recruit?" Are you creating recruits? Maybe that's why mine is working fine? I don't create recruits.

JBHuskers
07-19-2010, 03:52 PM
What do you mean, "Change a recruit?" Are you creating recruits? Maybe that's why mine is working fine? I don't create recruits.

No. I'm in the preseason, and if I make any changes to my recruit settings, or adding to my recruit board, it won't upload those changes to the server.

Rudy
07-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I can't access the site at work and with hearing about some of the server issues I'm going to keep it offline. Someone said they removed the ability to take an OD offline so I'm too nervous about going online just for dynasty wire - especially when I can't see it at work.

souljahbill
07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
No. I'm in the preseason, and if I make any changes to my recruit settings, or adding to my recruit board, it won't upload those changes to the server.

That's weird. Is this happening to everyone? I honestly did not have this problem.

iBrandon
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I can't access the site at work and with hearing about some of the server issues I'm going to keep it offline. Someone said they removed the ability to take an OD offline so I'm too nervous about going online just for dynasty wire - especially when I can't see it at work.
That's how I am feeling as well. I'll probably mine offline also.

steelerfan
07-19-2010, 05:26 PM
I started one with Mississippi State offline. I can wait and do an OD later when the bugs have been worked out (thank you all for being my testers :P). By time it gets streamlined, I should feel good about sliders. I wouldn't want to do one publicly until my sliders are good.

For those who have started, in my experience with recruiting, AA is a bitch and Varsity (or whatever the default is) is too simple. Be warned...

Rudy
07-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm going to take on the bitch!! (AA)

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
What does that make Heisman? :D

Whatever Heisman is, that's what I'm gonna be taking on in my Navy dynasty. I think I may need to go stock up on some lube.

steelerfan
07-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Ha! Good luck with Navy.

My 2nd class with PSU was ranked 87. After 3 classes (27, 87, 36), I only have 58 players on my roster. You guys are in for an eye-opener if you haven't simmed and recruited like I did with PSU. I'm not going to get too involved with a Dynasty until I get more recruiting practice. Trust me, the old way of doing things is over. I wouldn't mind having to fill my roster with lower level recruits, but I'm having major problems getting as many players as I lose even if I aim low. And this is at a top notch school.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Nice, looks like a nice long ass kicking in recruiting with Navy. :D

And wait until you see what I have planned for my dynasty setup. Between editing players ratings, my recruiting restrictions, my scheduling restrictions, etc, lets just say I'll be lucky just to win my first game of the dynasty by my 10th season. :D

steelerfan
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM
You Sir, are a glutton for punishment! Ha!

I really don't think you'll need any restrictions.

jaymo76
07-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I am offline... I don't play online for anything (well, other than Mod Racers on occasion) and I am far too busy at work to find the time so for me it's a no brainer. Plus I like the escape of settling in on the couch for a marathon session.

SmoothPancakes
07-19-2010, 10:38 PM
You Sir, are a glutton for punishment! Ha!

I really don't think you'll need any restrictions.

Oh I can guarantee I won't need any restrictions. Especially after I eventually get done editing down Navy's roster. But I'm still gonna have them in place, just to make it infinitely more interesting as I try to claw my way to any tiny modicum of success. I'm hoping to start posting my pre-dynasty stuff (which I already have typed up and ready to go) maybe in the next day or two. I just want to try and get Navy's roster/ratings edited either completely or as much as I can first, which is slow going.