PDA

View Full Version : Writes up for defense

SirHellraiser
07-19-2010, 08:15 AM
are there any writes up on all the Defensive schemes and how to set up your own scheme

Keontez
07-19-2010, 11:24 AM
not yet, they dont usually come out til after the actual season starts.

SirHellraiser
07-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Where cani look up at creating my own schemes on defense that is somethin i am really interested in doing

Keontez
07-19-2010, 03:25 PM
depends on what defense you're running and what you're trying to do. With as limited as the playbook interaction is. You probably wont be creating anything new, until they do something like update hot routes and the way defense is played.

SirHellraiser
07-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Well Its really just basics that dont really have to have a playbook

1. How do you come up with a scheme
2. How would you be able to implement it in the game that is limited

AustinWolv
07-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Running 3-3-5 right now, but took a fast DE and put him at one of the LB spots and then moved a DT to that DE's spot on the LOS. The other DE is a largish DE. Did this to add some robustness against the running game at the LOS. Limited by the roster I have right now in that I try to rush that DE/LB hybrid as much as possible so he doesn't get caught in coverage.

SirHellraiser
07-20-2010, 08:08 AM
very nice thanks for the info. I understand how its being done now. So i have a plan in place I use texas all the time and let me tell you for speed the freshman in this group are quick

Keontez
07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Well Its really just basics that dont really have to have a playbook

1. How do you come up with a scheme
2. How would you be able to implement it in the game that is limited

A defensive scheme is basically figuring out what Alignment you're going to use and taking away a strength the offense likes to use and make them use something else. Say your going up against a Flexbone team. You either wanna take away the dive and make them abandon that and try to get outside and get them to try to make the right read on the outside option, or vice versa. By taking away the run you open up the pass that why you hear so many people talking about mixing things up. I have several schemes that I use, with rules and everything.

I operate out of the 4-2-5 defense, but it translate well into the 4-3. Say at the play call screen the opponent shows 2RBs and 1TE on 1st down, I'll come out in 4-4 2 Deep and bring down the safety into the box if its a undercenter formation, and run Robber coverage by usering the FS. And out of this play I know how to the defend any run or pass play their offense can throw at me. So I suggest figuring out your alignment that you want to run, and study and see how they defend certain things. Once you get that you can then figure out what type of blitz packages you'll like to use and be able to mix that in to a good degree.

SirHellraiser
07-20-2010, 11:51 AM
A defensive scheme is basically figuring out what Alignment you're going to use and taking away a strength the offense likes to use and make them use something else. Say your going up against a Flexbone team. You either wanna take away the dive and make them abandon that and try to get outside and get them to try to make the right read on the outside option, or vice versa. By taking away the run you open up the pass that why you hear so many people talking about mixing things up. I have several schemes that I use, with rules and everything.

I operate out of the 4-2-5 defense, but it translate well into the 4-3. Say at the play call screen the opponent shows 2RBs and 1TE on 1st down, I'll come out in 4-4 2 Deep and bring down the safety into the box if its a undercenter formation, and run Robber coverage by usering the FS. And out of this play I know how to the defend any run or pass play their offense can throw at me. So I suggest figuring out your alignment that you want to run, and study and see how they defend certain things. Once you get that you can then figure out what type of blitz packages you'll like to use and be able to mix that in to a good degree.

With both of you answering my question thank you that all i wanted Sorry to be so vague