PDA

View Full Version : How to succeed against the 3-3-5

shorty199127
07-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Im in need of some hints/tips on how to succeed against the 3-3-5 defense. Just cant do anything on offense against this D. Any idea's on what is great to do against this type of D? I play with the Canes and use there pro-style playbook also.

morsdraconis
07-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Spread them out.

Force them out of the 3-3-5 defense by passing the ball against them. The seams are VERY vulnerable in the 3-3-5 defense as are the deep sidelines (especially combined with corner routes).

Either that, or power football right up the middle and then playaction off of that. Force them to commit to stopping the run and throw the ball over top.

Unfortunately, if they are even decent at controlling the deep safety and have good ability to switch to defenders and play one on one coverage, most often, you're fucked. The 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 defenses are still some of the cheesest bullshit people can play.

shorty199127
07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Yea my uncle used to never run it against me and I'd absolutely smash him, then last night he ran it and Im like wtf I couldnt reallly move the ball at all, he kept pinching his d-line then having them rush outwards instead of inwards.

Slaticus
07-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Option out of the I will rip them up. Just be ready to pitch in a hurry if their pony (SS) is pinching down the LOS

shorty199127
07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Played him twice today and beat him 23-7 and 17-7 I ran for 180 first game and 168 second game, games were defensive battles big time, I had 40 yards passing first game and 60 second. Just did smash mouth football all day on him and he couldnt answer back, also decided to level the playing field and ran the 3-3-5 myself

gigemaggs99
09-17-2010, 07:25 PM
?, in the 3-3-5 Stack Monster 2, the play call screen shows the strong side SS blitzing, however when I go to the practice field and show the play art it shows him (SS) dropping into a deep zone. When the CPU hikes the ball he drops back into coverage. Why does he not do what the play call screen shows?

I understand I can hot route him to blitz but I wasn't wondering if this is a glitch? Is there another play that this one is switched with?