PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead [TV] (May Contain Discussion of Aired Episodes, Enter at Own Risk)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

gschwendt
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM
The Walking Dead is excellent. If you like zombie movies, you're definitely in for a treat. The series premiere was 90 minutes and felt every bit like a movie. I can't imagine how long they could actually stretch this series out for more than 2-3 seasons (similar to Jericho) but I imagine I'll enjoy it for as long as they run it. AMC does great TV.

SmoothPancakes
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Watching the repeat of it right now, and definitely liking it. This is definitely going to become part of my group of shows to watch each week.

psuexv
11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Watching the repeat of it right now, and definitely liking it. This is definitely going to become part of my group of shows to watch each week.

My only problem with it is that it's an old story line. It's the same as 28 Days Later. Guy wakes up in the hospital, zombies or some type of deformed beings all around.

I was actually a little surprised about how graphic it was though, nice to see they didn't cheese it up.

JBHuskers
11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Just read that The Walking Dead garnered a 3.3 rating last night. To compare, Mad Men usually gets 0.9.

JBHuskers
11-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Just finished The Walking Dead....wow the end was intense.

Loved the effect in the end when he fired that shot in the tank and totally fucked up his hearing. And poor horsey.

Pretty crazy to know right away that his wife and kid are alive, but it gives another angle to follow as well.

Too bad the contest to become a zombie on the show ends in the morning :D

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
An hour to go until the new episode of The Walking Dead. Can't wait. The premiere was so damn good last week that I've watched practically every repeat AMC had on during the week, and I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Just finished The Walking Dead....wow the end was intense.

Too bad the contest to become a zombie on the show ends in the morning :D

Yeah, that was a hell of an ending. Definitely gives me a ton of hope for the entire series. And from the sounds of it, the contest to become a zombie in Season 2 (if AMC does renew it for a second season) is a weekly thing. They're going to have a new code every week during each new episode, so you still have how ever many more chances to enter.

gschwendt
11-07-2010, 08:26 PM
(if AMC does renew it for a second season)
It's already been confirmed for a second season. Unfortunately this season is only 6 episodes.

SmoothPancakes
11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
It's already been confirmed for a second season. Unfortunately this season is only 6 episodes.

Nice. That's good to hear. Yeah, I noticed that contest for a chance to be a zombie in the second season ends in December, so unfortunately a short first season. But, they probably didn't want to spend the money making it a dozen episode long season on the chance that it might have crashed and burned. But that certainly isn't happening anytime soon.

And you definitely can't complain about this show not being graphic enough. :D The horse's guts getting ripped out, the group of survivors sitting there going to town on a dead zed with an axe, they sure aren't going light.

cdj
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead. That was really good....now I have to find a way to get Ep. 2 and the rest of the season - I don't get AMC and they only plan on showing the premiere episode online.

AustinWolv
11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm also enjoying the show thus far.

JBHuskers
11-08-2010, 07:59 PM

I think there is a pretty good hope for three seasons at the very least from what has been said. 3.3 million people is quite a big deal for a series debut on cable.

JBHuskers
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Just watched the pilot of Walking Dead. That was really good....now I have to find a way to get Ep. 2 and the rest of the season - I don't get AMC and they only plan on showing the premiere episode online.

That's crazy that you don't get AMC, that's even on non-digital cable here. The second episode was very awesome too, love the introduction of the city characters.

I wonder how long they're going to make us wait for the stories to intertwine with the deputy and his wife.

cdj
11-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Actually, just found out we get AMC. It is buried in the middle of a bunch of shop-at-home channels. Never surf in that range and only found it when I looked for the channel # online.

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Actually, just found out we get AMC. It is buried in the middle of a bunch of shop-at-home channels. Never surf in that range and only found it when I looked for the channel # online.

Well, you're in luck for catching last night's episode. It's on AMC three more times this week:

Friday - 10pm EST
Saturday - 1am EST
Sunday - 2:30am EST

Kingpin32
11-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I'll need to catch that Friday night episode. The new ones always come on while I'm at work.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 01:19 AM
I still need to watch last week's The Walking Dead. Maybe tomorrow.

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Anyone who didn't have a chance to watch last week's episode of The Walking Dead, right now at 9pm EST is your last chance before tonight's new episode in an hour.

SmoothPancakes
11-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Damn, the end of the new Walking Dead caught me completely by surprise tonight. That was a really good episode tonight. God I hate having to wait an entire week for the next episode.

morsdraconis
11-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Damn, the end of the new Walking Dead caught me completely by surprise tonight. That was a really good episode tonight. God I hate having to wait an entire week for the next episode.

That's why I save them all up and watch them all at once (or over a couple of days). Saves me from having to wait an entire week for cliffhangers and such.

cdj
11-22-2010, 02:41 AM

I don't remember what the name of that episode was when I fired it up on the DVR, but it should have been called:
The Empire Strikes Back :D - It was about time the zombies did something.

That's why I save them all up and watch them all at once (or over a couple of days). Saves me from having to wait an entire week for cliffhangers and such.

Shows like The Walking Dead and LOST are definitely series that are infinitely more enjoyable sitting down and watching for hours on end when they come out on DVD or even on DVR in 2-3 episode bursts to make them like a movie.

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 10:02 AM
I need to catch up on episodes 3 and 4 of The Walking Dead lol

Plus Top Gear debuted on History last night....my roommate said it's pretty good. I'm a big fan of Adam Ferrara, so I'll have to check it out.

JBHuskers
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Just watched episodes 3 & 4 of The Walking Dead....the end of 4 was just WOW.

Marlowe
11-28-2010, 01:41 PM

wow what a cool new show...I read about the show on here and tried finding the episodes on Hulu. The link was dead though so I had to download the episodes through the PS store.

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 07:05 PM
From Pasta...

http://entertainment.pastapadre.com/2010/11/29/the-walking-dead-hits-ratings-high

Great news that the 5th episode topped the Halloween ratings. I think we're going to see this show for a few years at least.

cdj
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I hope it's trajectory is more like LOST and less like Heroes.

morsdraconis
11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I hope it's trajectory is more like LOST and less like Heroes.

Meh, I hope it's neither and just does what they think will keep it good and end it where it should be ended. Lost was GREAT until it kept going and coming up with totally stupid bullshit to keep it going. Lost is the perfect example of a television series that shouldn't have went past season 3.

It's even happening to one of my favorite shows ever, How I Met Your Mother. At first, they had a VERY clear plan of how long the show was going to last, but then they've kept it going for at least an extra season too long (but it's still great and incredibly fuckin' hilarious).

JBHuskers
11-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah The Walking Dead could very well be a show that shouldn't go past season three.....but it's hard to tell right now. I can almost guarantee season three is inked after the first five week's performances.

JeffHCross
11-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Meh, I hope it's neitherFairly sure he meant ratings trajectory ...

Best show planning ever was Babylon 5, imo. JMS went in with a 5 year plan, and it went 5 years.

cdj
12-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Meh, I hope it's neither and just does what they think will keep it good and end it where it should be ended. Lost was GREAT until it kept going and coming up with totally stupid bullshit to keep it going. Lost is the perfect example of a television series that shouldn't have went past season 3.

I mainly meant in terms of staying constant in numbers & fan loyalty. When Heroes first came out, it was on fire - NBC planned a spin-off along with multiple seasons and people raved. Come a season or two later, the spin-off was axed as the plot of Heroes started to get silly and the show was quickly axed during the midst of the fourth season. I watched the start of S4 but never finished.

The middle of LOST did lose some viewers as they were frustrated with pace (the writers admitted they were frustrated with ABC not helping them get signed off on an end date at that point as well), but I think the everything beyond that point satisfied most fans if they stuck with it.

cdj
12-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Season finale of The Walking Dead tonight! Can't wait.

gschwendt
12-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Season finale of The Walking Dead tonight! Can't wait.
Yep... and for anyone who has missed an episode, they're doing a marathon beginning with Episode 1 at 4:30et/3:30ct.

cdj
12-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Found out Dish Network changed AMC to a new tier....won't be able to watch season finale tonight. :mad: How tacky.

EDIT - Seems it was a 'free preview' (for three+ weeks?) until Nov. 30. I'll find another way to watch it...I'm not paying for a higher tier.

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Results from people in your social circle for Dish Network AMC - BETA

cdj80‎: @dishnetwork Where did AMC go? Coincidence that it changes tiers the week of @WalkingDead_AMC season finale? Not happy about this...
Twitter - 1 hour ago
Chris - Apparently Google knows you and I are friends, Chris. I'm not sure how I feel about this :D

cdj
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Google knows all and sees all! Scary.

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Here's something interesting. Apparently when Walking Dead premiered, Dish Network was pumping out press releases specifically announcing that it was on "AMC with Dish Network". As if you couldn't get it anywhere else. http://www.tv.com/the-walking-dead-premieres-on-amc-with-dish-network-this-halloween/webnews/182912.html

I'm now leaning towards your suggestions of "convenient timing" conspiracy.

cdj
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Nice find. Dish has done this in the past with other channels. They've bumped CBS College Sports up and down tiers during the football season before. I think they moved or dropped ESPNU HD as well, not sure though on that one.

JBHuskers
12-07-2010, 12:21 PM
The ratings for "The Walking Dead's" just-ended first season have been such that perhaps AMC is wishing that it had lasted more than just six weeks.

The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

(On the other hand, that 18-49 number is very important, because the New York Post reported in 2007 that a post-"High School Musical 2" episode of "Hannah Montana," with much of its audience under 18, averaged 10.7 million viewers.)

As hot as "The Walking Dead" is, it's not quite to the level of some episodes of "The Sopranos" final season, which on two occasions had around 13 million viewers.

Still, the network says that "The Walking Dead's" average 18-49 viewership of 3.5 million for this season makes it the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the demographic.

The big question is, now that the show has grown beyond its core fanbase, will the "Dead-heads" tune in once again next Halloween (the likely start date for season two), despite the long wait? What do you think? Share your comments below.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/07/the-walking-dead-finale-breaks-ratings-records/?hpt=T2

JBHuskers
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
However, I heard the season two debut was bumped up to this summer...not 100% confirmed though.

JBHuskers
12-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Interesting take from the end of the finale.....from EW.com's TV Recap

One cliffhanger to ponder: What did Jenner whisper in Rick’s ear? Topping the list of possibilities: "Lori's pregnant." The daddy? Most likely, Shane.

I was thinking it was more Jenner told Rick something he discovered before that room exploded in episode five....but Lori being pregnant by Shane from the woods romp is more believable.

SmoothPancakes
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
If anyone wants to watch it all again, or see that episode that they missed when it first aired, AMC is doing a Walking Dead marathon tonight and tomorrow night starting at 8pm. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 on tonight; 4, 5 and 6 on tomorrow starting at 8.

gschwendt
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
If anyone wants to watch it all again, or see that episode that they missed when it first aired, AMC is doing a Walking Dead marathon tonight and tomorrow night starting at 8pm. Episodes 1, 2 and 3 on tonight; 4, 5 and 6 on tomorrow starting at 8.Looks like the DVD/Blu-Rays are available for pre-order on Amazon. DVD $25.99 (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Season-One/dp/B0049P1VHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295403942&sr=1-1), Blu-rays $31.99 (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Season-One-Blu-ray/dp/B0049P1ZZQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1295403942&sr=1-2)

JBHuskers
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Blu-ray has dropped to $27.99!!! (http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Season-One-Blu-ray/dp/B0049P1ZZQ/ref=pd_cp_d_3)

psuexv
05-13-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoRnBvDxGaw

JBHuskers
05-13-2011, 03:11 PM
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

JBHuskers
07-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Enjoy The Walking Dead - Season Two Trailer from Comic-Con (http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183649p1.html)

ram29jackson
07-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Enjoy The Walking Dead - Season Two Trailer from Comic-Con (http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183649p1.html)

not clicking:)clicking not

psuexv
07-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Frank Darabont leaves Walking Dead in mid production

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/993777/shock_news_frank_darabont_leaves_the_walking_dead. html

Shock news: Frank Darabont leaves The Walking Dead

Simon Brew

Major, and massively surprising, news from The Walking Dead: showrunner and series creator Frank Darabont has left the show...

Published on Jul 27, 2011

Now this has to be classed as a massive, massive surprise. Just a few days ago, Frank Darabont was at Comic-Con, promoting the upcoming second season of The Walking Dead, which is set to premiere in October. And now? It looks like he’s quitting the show.

Deadline has broken the news that Darabont is leaving his role as chief writer and producer on the AMC show, and although there’s no formal reason that appears to be being given, the Deadline report suggests that “he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series.”

Darabont was the one that fought for years to get a television show of The Walking Dead off the ground, and he’s been heavily involved in season two of the show. Apparently, there are conversations ongoing to keep him involved in some role on the show.

This won’t affect season two of The Walking Dead, but it does pose some interesting challenges for a third season. More on this story as we get it…

JBHuskers
07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
:smh:

JBHuskers
09-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I didn't know they released movie posters for new seasons on TV, nonetheless, this is badass.....

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/TWD-S2-Key-Art-398x588.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice! I was wondering when exactly season 2 was going to start up. I didn't know if it wasn't going to be until right around Halloween or before or after it.

Also, I can't remember, is this going to be a full season now that the series has become a popular hit? Or are they sticking with the 6 or however many episodes per season?

gschwendt
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Nice! I was wondering when exactly season 2 was going to start up. I didn't know if it wasn't going to be until right around Halloween or before or after it.

Also, I can't remember, is this going to be a full season now that the series has become a popular hit? Or are they sticking with the 6 or however many episodes per season?Last I heard, I believe they're doing 13 episodes, but it takes a break somewhere in the middle and picks back up a couple of months later or something.

Yep... (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien-print/posts/walking-dead-producers-talk-season-2-frank-darabonts-departure-and-more)

As was announced last week, "The Walking Dead" will have some structural changes in its second season. In addition to seeing its episode order rise from six to 13 (kinda 14, if you figure that two episodes were squished together for the premiere), "Walking Dead" will have the sort of segmented season that fans of USA and TNT dramas have come to expect, with seven episodes airing in the fall and then the final six returning in February.

SmoothPancakes
09-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Nice, 13/14 is nice. And while I'm definitely used to segmented seasons, as that was the case every season in the early years of 24, I still hate that they do it. 24 was so much better after they just started airing it in January and ran it straight through without breaks to the season finale. Unless you sit there watching a marathon of all the previously aired episodes the day or days before the season resumes, you're going to have forgotten a bunch of what happened since the end of the first half of the season.

morsdraconis
09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Cool stuff.

JBHuskers
09-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Walking Dead Webseries Debuting Next Week. Bicycle Girl gets her spotlight. (http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1196836p1.html)

morsdraconis
09-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Walking Dead Webseries Debuting Next Week. Bicycle Girl gets her spotlight. (http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1196836p1.html)

Are they not doing the new season anytime soon? Webseries aren't exactly my thing.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2011, 10:12 PM
The new season kicks off October 16th.

SmoothPancakes
10-16-2011, 01:30 PM
And time for The Walking Dead! Season 1 marathon starting right now on AMC, ending with the season 2 premiere tonight at 9pm eastern. A great day today.

gschwendt
10-16-2011, 05:05 PM
And time for The Walking Dead! Season 1 marathon starting right now on AMC, ending with the season 2 premiere tonight at 9pm eastern. A great day today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 01:01 AM
That was quite the ending to tonight's The Walking Dead. More questions than answers. I love it!

psuexv
10-17-2011, 07:59 AM
That was quite the ending to tonight's The Walking Dead. More questions than answers. I love it!

Hell yeah it was

I totally didn't see that ending coming. I knew something was going to happen to the deer and I thought someone was going to shoot it but NEVER imagined the kid would take one in the chest too. What's funny is they really didn't even do anything in the episode but it was still really good. The whole drama with Shane and Lori is getting kind of old though.

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Hell yeah it was

I totally didn't see that ending coming. I knew something was going to happen to the deer and I thought someone was going to shoot it but NEVER imagined the kid would take one in the chest too. What's funny is they really didn't even do anything in the episode but it was still really good. The whole drama with Shane and Lori is getting kind of old though.

Yeah I think the Shane and Lori thing may die down now if Carl dies. Or even if he doesn't, I think that keeps Shane with the group now. Part of me thinks that Carl somehow will survive it. I didn't think anything was going to happen to the deer, I thought in the end he would dart off at the last minute, and lead them to Sophia. So that definitely shocked the hell out of me when that shot rang out.

I thought T-Dog was a dead man when his arm was sliced open, but Daryl saved his ass. Daryl also was the one who could be see the trail to try to find Sophia. Plus his crossbow skills, he's pretty badass, so I have a feeling he's dying this year :D

My other guess is Andrea goes nuts when she gets her gun back, and ends up killing someone...probably Glenn.

psuexv
10-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah I think the Shane and Lori thing may die down now if Carl dies. Or even if he doesn't, I think that keeps Shane with the group now. Part of me thinks that Carl somehow will survive it. I didn't think anything was going to happen to the deer, I thought in the end he would dart off at the last minute, and lead them to Sophia. So that definitely shocked the hell out of me when that shot rang out.

I thought T-Dog was a dead man when his arm was sliced open, but Daryl saved his ass. Daryl also was the one who could be see the trail to try to find Sophia. Plus his crossbow skills, he's pretty badass, so I have a feeling he's dying this year :D

My other guess is Andrea goes nuts when she gets her gun back, and ends up killing someone...probably Glenn.

Yeah I can't see them killing Carl but I guess you never know. At first I thought a Walker was going to grab the deer and then I remembered in the previews to the season they showed them meeting other people and that lead me to it being shot.

Daryl is badass and yeah he probably goes down this season.

I do think something big is going to happen with Andrea. And it will also be curious to see what happens since it seems they are splitting the group

morsdraconis
10-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Damn it! I haven't watched the show yet so I can't get in on the spoiler stuff! (goes to watch all the TV from last night that he missed)

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Damn it! I haven't watched the show yet so I can't get in on the spoiler stuff! (goes to watch all the TV from last night that he missed)

Can't wait to see what you think.

psuexv
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Can't wait to see what you think.

:+1:

I wasn't going to watch it live last night but glad that I did.

psuexv
10-17-2011, 10:30 AM
So this recap says.....that Carl is dead, I can't see them killing him off this early. And from the previews it seems he's still alive. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/10/walking-dead-recap-zombies-andrew-lincoln-frank-darabont-amc-tv.html

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
That's why I don't watch previews for the next week.

morsdraconis
10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
That's why I don't watch previews for the next week.

I NEVER watching ANYTHING about the show next week. Fuck that. I want to see the show in it's entirety, not some snippet that's gonna give half the show away.

SmoothPancakes
10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah I can't see them killing Carl but I guess you never know. At first I thought a Walker was going to grab the deer and then I remembered in the previews to the season they showed them meeting other people and that lead me to it being shot.

Daryl is badass and yeah he probably goes down this season.

I do think something big is going to happen with Andrea. And it will also be curious to see what happens since it seems they are splitting the group

Fuck, I hope they don't kill Daryl off. I didn't care for him when they very first introduced him back in season 1. But as season 1 went on and after tonight's episode, he's my second favorite character right after Rick. Daryl's just fucking awesome now. As for Andrea, I sort of hope she's one of them to go via walker. She was getting a bit annoying last night.

psuexv
10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Fuck, I hope they don't kill Daryl off. I didn't care for him when they very first introduced him back in season 1. But as season 1 went on and after tonight's episode, he's my second favorite character right after Rick. Daryl's just fucking awesome now. As for Andrea, I sort of hope she's one of them to go via walker. She was getting a bit annoying last night.

They definitely put Daryl more front and center in this episode. Of course he was kind of like that at the beginning of the 1st season then kind of got lost in the shuffle.

morsdraconis
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM

I disagree. I don't want them to kill off Andrea. She is one of my favorite characters because she's very real feeling (plus, the woman playing her, Laurie Holden, is a great actress - she was amazing in The Mist - and it certainly doesn't hurt that she's good to look at as well). I'd be disappointed if they killed her off.

I never disliked Daryl, again, because of the actor playing him. Norman Reedus is awesome (Boondock Saints is all you need to know about him). He's really good at playing a bad ass.

I'm definitely tired of the whole Shane and Lori thing. I never liked Shane. The dude just gets on my nerves and the actor isn't the greatest.

Definitely didn't expect the kid to get shot. That was certainly unexpected. Not sure I like the direction of where the show, in general, is going though. I'm curious to know how much of the comics they are still following because it certainly feels like they're drifting in a direction that's not nearly as interesting.

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
I never disliked Daryl, again, because of the actor playing him. Norman Reedus is awesome (Boondock Saints is all you need to know about him). He's really good at playing a bad ass.

:nod:

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Great screen cap for the TV recap of The Walking Dead on EW.com :D

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/13/Walking-Dead-zombie-eye_320.jpg
OUCH, THAT'S MY BRAIN! How many blondes does it take to screw in an undead retina? One. And she's not to be trifled with, got it???

JBHuskers
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
And a great quote from the article (http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/walking-dead-season-2-premiere-recap/):

(If you were wondering how long it would take for the season premiere to make Norman Reedus look awesome, the answer is "about thirty seconds.)

SmoothPancakes
10-25-2011, 06:20 PM
The Walking Dead has already been renewed for a third season.

SmoothPancakes
10-30-2011, 11:15 PM
All I'm going to say about tonight's The Walking Dead, is holy shit.

morsdraconis
10-30-2011, 11:18 PM

God damn it. Still haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but it's next (after Real Time With Bill Maher).

morsdraconis
10-31-2011, 12:37 AM

Holy shit indeed. Wow! Interesting. VERY interesting.

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2011, 01:46 AM
Holy shit indeed. Wow! Interesting. VERY interesting.

Yep. It was a hell of an episode tonight. I think he just made himself target #1 on the list of epic karma ass whoopings to be handed out down the road. Do you think the truth of what happened will come out at some point in the future?

psuexv
10-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Yep. It was a hell of an episode tonight. I think he just made himself target #1 on the list of epic karma ass whoopings to be handed out down the road. Do you think the truth of what happened will come out at some point in the future?

Damnit........ It's going to be a long day until I get to watch this. :fp:

JBHuskers
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah I didn't watch it either....probably won't get to tonight either.

psuexv
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah I didn't watch it either....probably won't get to tonight either.

It's going to be tough for me too but I've got to try. Take the kids trick or treating, probably get Week 6 of TGA in and then Walking Dead. Going to be a long night.

morsdraconis
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM

Between him fuckin' his best friend's wife and trying to get back in her pants afterwards, and now this, they're setting him up to be a villain. I mean, the look in the mirror pretty much gives that away.

Also, I think Andrea and him still leave and they become "evil" after Andrea shoots Dale for making her live through this nightmare still (because she's too weak to kill herself - proof by making Daryl shoot the hanged zombie instead of just letting him rot).

JBHuskers
10-31-2011, 11:50 AM
I just saw a post on Twitter where people at IGN talk about the surprising events...dammit I need to see this now. LOL

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Between him fuckin' his best friend's wife and trying to get back in her pants afterwards, and now this, they're setting him up to be a villain. I mean, the look in the mirror pretty much gives that away.

Also, I think Andrea and him still leave and they become "evil" after Andrea shoots Dale for making her live through this nightmare still (because she's too weak to kill herself - proof by making Daryl shoot the hanged zombie instead of just letting him rot).

Yeah, he's just been racking up things on the evil list. I was telling my friend that same thing last night. He left Rick for dead in the hospital, lied to Lori about Rick being dead, worked his way into her pants at some point after telling her that, tried to get back into her pants again in the CDC, about shot Rick when the two of them were in patrolling in the woods, and now this. And yeah, that look in the mirror that he had, those where the eyes of an evil, crazy person.

Yeah, Andrea is definitely losing it. I could see her doing that, since it was Dale who talked out of, and essentially made her leave the CDC instead of just staying and ending it. Then he goes and takes her gun while they're out on the highway, and she proceeds to get attacked by a walker in the woods, who would have killed her if not for Babe Ruth on the horse. He definitely haven't been doing himself any favors in her book.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I had a feeling that somewhere along the way with all the walkers there that Shane would leave Otis for feeding. At first, in the end, I thought when he was looking at the scrapes and such that he got bitten somehow just barely.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:10 AM

This kinda spoiled it for me, as I guessed right as to what happened.... :P use spoiler tags!

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Now this is why they made this sign :D

http://dontpanictees.com/Shop/CubeCart-4.4.5/images/uploads/Shirts/12a.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-01-2011, 12:54 AM
This kinda spoiled it for me, as I guessed right as to what happened.... :P use spoiler tags!

I was trying to intentionally keep it vague so spoilers wouldn't be needed. Looks like I failed. :D

psuexv
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Well I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed. I told JB last week that Otis was going to die so that really wasn't a big deal. I also don't think what Shane did was all that bad. They knew they weren't going to make it and he had a decision to make. Both him and Otis die and then Carl dies, or Otis dies and Carl has a chance. It's the apocalypse, you need to make sacrifices. I honestly thought that Shane was going to save his own life by somehow having to leave the equipment behind.

Not sure why they are dragging on the Sofia being missing thing. It almost feels like they are trying to separate the group soon.

Overall it was a good episode.

morsdraconis
11-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Well I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed. I told JB last week that Otis was going to die so that really wasn't a big deal. I also don't think what Shane did was all that bad. They knew they weren't going to make it and he had a decision to make. Both him and Otis die and then Carl dies, or Otis dies and Carl has a chance. It's the apocalypse, you need to make sacrifices. I honestly thought that Shane was going to save his own life by somehow having to leave the equipment behind.

Not sure why they are dragging on the Sofia being missing thing. It almost feels like they are trying to separate the group soon.

Overall it was a good episode.

As I said, the group is going to get fractured, big time, and, at the same time, people are going to die. I'm almost guaranteeing that Andrea is going to shoot Dale and then take off with Shane. There's no way Shane is going to be able to stay with the group now. As much as I agree, that it's the apocalypse and all that, the choice isn't shoot one to survive, it's drop the gear and both survive, kid be damned. But, Shane was in the process of laying these seeds of evil already (totally forgot about him almost shooting Rick) he just finished the job with this one. If he isn't pure evil after this, I'll be very happy. I want shades of grey from all my characters, but especially the anti-heroes.

Shane is a scorned lover who, while trying his damnedest to accept the current setup, is trying to do the right thing by giving Rick and his family space but ends up being sent on an impossible mission to save Carl, who he almost considers his own son with Otis, the man that shot the kid in the first place. He's the guy that's gotten fucked by this whole thing and, now, at the worst possible time, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, so, he went with the best of the two situations (saving Carl by shooting Otis in the leg and giving himself the ability to escape with the needed medical equipment) and, now, he has even more reason to leave.

I would almost be surprised if the group didn't split like this:

Carl, Rick, Lori, Glenn, T-Dogg

Shane, Andrea, Daryl, Carol

Sophia is dead. There's no doubt about it, otherwise, it would have made perfect sense for Daryl and Andrea to find her this last episode. Because Sophia is dead, Carol is going to hate Rick enough to want to leave. Daryl is going to want to leave because Lori and Glenn are going to talk Shane, Carl, and T-Dogg into staying at the farmhouse and Daryl can't just sit around and wait to die, he's obviously a man of action.

So, the group will, most definitely, be split like that with Andrea killing Dale and Shane leaving because of all that's happened to him.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
As I said, the group is going to get fractured, big time, and, at the same time, people are going to die. I'm almost guaranteeing that Andrea is going to shoot Dale and then take off with Shane. There's no way Shane is going to be able to stay with the group now. As much as I agree, that it's the apocalypse and all that, the choice isn't shoot one to survive, it's drop the gear and both survive, kid be damned. But, Shane was in the process of laying these seeds of evil already (totally forgot about him almost shooting Rick) he just finished the job with this one. If he isn't pure evil after this, I'll be very happy. I want shades of grey from all my characters, but especially the anti-heroes.

Shane is a scorned lover who, while trying his damnedest to accept the current setup, is trying to do the right thing by giving Rick and his family space but ends up being sent on an impossible mission to save Carl, who he almost considers his own son with Otis, the man that shot the kid in the first place. He's the guy that's gotten fucked by this whole thing and, now, at the worst possible time, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't, so, he went with the best of the two situations (saving Carl by shooting Otis in the leg and giving himself the ability to escape with the needed medical equipment) and, now, he has even more reason to leave.

I would almost be surprised if the group didn't split like this:

Carl, Rick, Lori, Glenn, T-Dogg

Shane, Andrea, Daryl, Carol

Sophia is dead. There's no doubt about it, otherwise, it would have made perfect sense for Daryl and Andrea to find her this last episode. Because Sophia is dead, Carol is going to hate Rick enough to want to leave. Daryl is going to want to leave because Lori and Glenn are going to talk Shane, Carl, and T-Dogg into staying at the farmhouse and Daryl can't just sit around and wait to die, he's obviously a man of action.

So, the group will, most definitely, be split like that with Andrea killing Dale and Shane leaving because of all that's happened to him.

That's definitely some good reasoning.

Since you said that Daryl is a man of action, I think he joins the farmhouse very soon. Andrea probably goes with him, and she's going to talk Shane into leaving on their own. But since Shane risked a life to save Carl, I think he sticks around. This could lead to her wanting to leave and shooting Dale in the process, if they all finally get met up.

I think that Daryl is the most reasonable guy in this group that is still on the highway, so I think he will finally make the call that finding Sophia is not going to happen. If that happens, I bet Carol becomes unreasonable and just stays on the highway; which leads to Dale making the tough decision to stay with her or leave her behind. Once he leaves her behind, I have a feeling that Sophia is a walker now and she will end up biting Carol.

psuexv
11-01-2011, 10:18 AM
That's definitely some good reasoning.

Since you said that Daryl is a man of action, I think he joins the farmhouse very soon. Andrea probably goes with him, and she's going to talk Shane into leaving on their own. But since Shane risked a life to save Carl, I think he sticks around. This could lead to her wanting to leave and shooting Dale in the process, if they all finally get met up.

I think that Daryl is the most reasonable guy in this group that is still on the highway, so I think he will finally make the call that finding Sophia is not going to happen. If that happens, I bet Carol becomes unreasonable and just stays on the highway; which leads to Dale making the tough decision to stay with her or leave her behind. Once he leaves her behind, I have a feeling that Sophia is a walker now and she will end up biting Carol.

All good theories from you and Mors. Sophia definitely reappears somehow somewhere, dead or alive. No way they dragged this on about finding her to just have her never be found.

I'm a little disappointed with one thing with the farmhouse. They never touch on how the never see any walkers. They don't really keep watch and they don't lock the door at night. How are they keeping them out?

morsdraconis
11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
All good theories from you and Mors. Sophia definitely reappears somehow somewhere, dead or alive. No way they dragged this on about finding her to just have her never be found.

I'm a little disappointed with one thing with the farmhouse. They never touch on how the never see any walkers. They don't really keep watch and they don't lock the door at night. How are they keeping them out?

That's a very good question. Some type of fence maybe. Something about a gate or something as well.

gschwendt
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
That's a very good question. Some type of fence maybe. Something about a gate or something as well.The girl at the farmhouse did specifically ask Glenn & T-Dogg if they closed the gate when they came in... which they said they closed behind them.

JBHuskers
11-01-2011, 10:56 AM

That's a very good question. Some type of fence maybe. Something about a gate or something as well.

Yeah because remember when the cute chick (Babe Ruth) asked Glen if he shut the gate or something like that? I just wonder if they are so off the main path (a good two miles or so) that they just only get the occasional straggler. I thought we were going to be in for a scare when Glen was praying :D thought one would show up on the porch. Maybe the walkers just populate in the populated areas (highways, towns, hospitals, schools).

gschwendt
11-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah because remember when the cute chick (Babe Ruth) asked Glen if he shut the gate or something like that? I just wonder if they are so off the main path (a good two miles or so) that they just only get the occasional straggler. I thought we were going to be in for a scare when Glen was praying :D thought one would show up on the porch. Maybe the walkers just populate in the populated areas (highways, towns, hospitals, schools).I imagine it's like Dawn of the Dead & the mall... people flock to what they knew in their living life. No one routinely ever visited that farmhouse so aside from stragglers, they probably won't see very many... same reason they didn't see any large numbers out in the woods yet of course we saw a lot in downtown Atlanta.

psuexv
11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I imagine it's like Dawn of the Dead & the mall... people flock to what they knew in their living life. No one routinely ever visited that farmhouse so aside from stragglers, they probably won't see very many... same reason they didn't see any large numbers out in the woods yet of course we saw a lot in downtown Atlanta.

And saw some in the church

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Last night's The Walking Dead:

A very slow episode, but I'm not one of the bitchers who is complaining about that. I still am digging it even though it really didn't go anywhere last night.

Glenn got some action last night (lucky bastard)...that farmer's daughter is hot.

The extration of the zombie in the well was pretty good, pretty intense with Glenn about biting it....at least he got rewarded with some poon. When that zombie split in half, that was awesome.

To show how badass Daryl is, I think he is very much on the trail for Sophia. I bet that was her that made that bed in the closet and ate the sardines. His scene with Carol was really the first time he really showed some heart too.

And probably the best part of the episode, was Shane's eulogy. He kinda tripped up at the end of it, so I wonder if anyone is going to catch on. But regardless, Shane did the right thing. Do you let two people die and not save Carl? Otis was dead weight.

So again, slow episode, but I was fine with it. It is definitely my replacement for best show on TV now that Rescue Me is done.

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh and I hope to hell that Shane is the father :D

morsdraconis
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Last night's The Walking Dead:

A very slow episode, but I'm not one of the bitchers who is complaining about that. I still am digging it even though it really didn't go anywhere last night.

Glenn got some action last night (lucky bastard)...that farmer's daughter is hot.

The extration of the zombie in the well was pretty good, pretty intense with Glenn about biting it....at least he got rewarded with some poon. When that zombie split in half, that was awesome.

To show how badass Daryl is, I think he is very much on the trail for Sophia. I bet that was her that made that bed in the closet and ate the sardines. His scene with Carol was really the first time he really showed some heart too.

And probably the best part of the episode, was Shane's eulogy. He kinda tripped up at the end of it, so I wonder if anyone is going to catch on. But regardless, Shane did the right thing. Do you let two people die and not save Carl? Otis was dead weight.

So again, slow episode, but I was fine with it. It is definitely my replacement for best show on TV now that Rescue Me is done.

It was definitely a slow show. Daryl has firmly cemented himself as my favorite character on the show. I hope he and Andrea get together, then it would be my previous favorite character and my current favorite character gettin' it on :D.

Oh and I hope to hell that Shane is the father :D

I'm SO fuckin' sick of that part of the damn show. I'm watching like 3 different television shows where that is the case right now and it's annoying as hell to see it in each case. Gah!

JBHuskers
11-07-2011, 02:17 PM
It was definitely a slow show. Daryl has firmly cemented himself as my favorite character on the show. I hope he and Andrea get together, then it would be my previous favorite character and my current favorite character gettin' it on :D.

If Glenn can get laid, Daryl most definitely should be able to get laid :D

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2011, 03:21 AM
So I just finally got around to watching the series premiere of Hell on Wheels that I DVR'd Sunday night after Walking Dead. This looks like it could be a pretty good show. It was a hell of a good first episode. It looks like Walking Dead just got company from Hell on Wheels on my TV on Sunday nights. Damn AMC knows how to make TV shows.

psuexv
11-08-2011, 09:02 AM
So I just finally got around to watching the series premiere of Hell on Wheels that I DVR'd Sunday night after Walking Dead. This looks like it could be a pretty good show. It was a hell of a good first episode. It looks like Walking Dead just got company from Hell on Wheels on my TV on Sunday nights. Damn AMC knows how to make TV shows.

It's sitting on my DVR, was going to watch it last night after I caught up with WD but watched the Eagles get waxed instead :nod:

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 09:02 AM
It's sitting on my DVR, was going to watch it last night after I caught up with WD but watched the Eagles get waxed instead :nod:

:nod:

BEAR DOWN!

psuexv
11-08-2011, 09:05 AM
The Walking Dead

Very slow episode but after you look back it was still kind of intense. I think Daryl definitely is on the trail of Sophia.

There is something about the old doctor that I can't put my finger on. Something weird is going on with him.

I still don't quite understand how they are so relaxed on that farm. I understand there's a gate but obviously a walker got into the well so they can get on the property. At the end they are just very nonchalant during the night and Lori is milling around in the woods. Nobody on lookout, just weird.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
The Walking Dead

Very slow episode but after you look back it was still kind of intense. I think Daryl definitely is on the trail of Sophia.

There is something about the old doctor that I can't put my finger on. Something weird is going on with him.

I still don't quite understand how they are so relaxed on that farm. I understand there's a gate but obviously a walker got into the well so they can get on the property. At the end they are just very nonchalant during the night and Lori is milling around in the woods. Nobody on lookout, just weird.

Yeah I thought some crazy shit was going to go down with Lori walking around in the woods. Instead we get to hear her pee.

I think I read that in the comics, Rick starts to go insane. I wonder he shelving the badges is the start of that.

It does seem odd that everyone is relaxed on the farm. I dunno exactly what to think of it. There has to be something to it, especially if everyone stays on the farm. I have a feeling that some serious shit will go down on the farm where everyone but the hot daughter dies from that family. (Glenn will be the knight in shining armor :D)

Has anyone noticed how much calmer Andrea has been? She hasn't flipped out lately.

I think some shit is going to hit the fan next week, with this week being so calm. Maybe a huge wave invades the farm.

morsdraconis
11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah I thought some crazy shit was going to go down with Lori walking around in the woods. Instead we get to hear her pee.

I think I read that in the comics, Rick starts to go insane. I wonder he shelving the badges is the start of that.

It does seem odd that everyone is relaxed on the farm. I dunno exactly what to think of it. There has to be something to it, especially if everyone stays on the farm. I have a feeling that some serious shit will go down on the farm where everyone but the hot daughter dies from that family. (Glenn will be the knight in shining armor :D)

Has anyone noticed how much calmer Andrea has been? She hasn't flipped out lately.

I think some shit is going to hit the fan next week, with this week being so calm. Maybe a huge wave invades the farm.

Well, the name of the next episode is Chupacabra so I'm gonna assume that some serious shit is gonna go down.

Unfortunately, the TV show has DRASTICALLY went away from the comics (like Shane dies in the first comic) to the point where it's gonna be impossible to predict anything from the comics might happen in the show. All I know is, this shit with Shane, Rick, and Lori is getting on my nerves. God damn these people are pussies...

DariusLock
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow, just watched all the episodes the past 4 days and got to say this show is AMAZING!

Like someone else said I think something is up with the doctor, he told Rick there were some things that didn't need to be discussed or something like that before saying he would consider them staying.

Daryl is a bad ass with that cross bow.

Rick/Shane/Lori stuff needs to hurry up and hit the fan. That whore is pregnant with Shane's baby lol.

Over all I like all of the characters except for Carol. Now I can't wait until the next episode.

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, just watched all the episodes the past 4 days and got to say this show is AMAZING!

Like someone else said I think something is up with the doctor, he told Rick there were some things that didn't need to be discussed or something like that before saying he would consider them staying.

Rick/Shane/Lori stuff needs to hurry up and hit the fan. That whore is pregnant with Shane's baby lol.

Over all I like all of the characters except for Carol. Now I can't wait until the next episode.

I think everyone else (but Carl) should take turns with Lori. Even the women! ESPECIALLY the farmer's daughter.

psuexv
11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I think everyone else (but Carl) should take turns with Lori. Even the women! ESPECIALLY the farmer's daughter.

Why you excluding Carl... it's the Apocalypse, anything goes

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 03:52 PM

It's a good thing you're about 1000 miles away if we have an apocalypse :sick:

psuexv
11-08-2011, 03:54 PM

:D

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2011, 06:04 PM

:fp:

JBHuskers
11-08-2011, 06:19 PM
:fp:

We're to the point of this conversation where spoilers aren't really needed :D

DariusLock
11-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Sophia is found dead in a drainage ditch.

It's your fault JB. You said no spoiler tags.

SmoothPancakes
11-08-2011, 11:51 PM

psuexv
11-14-2011, 09:05 AM
The Walking Dead

Good episode last night. More proof the Daryl is a bad ass. I freakin came out of my seat though when Andrea shot him, good thing they didn't kill him off. I think the shooting though will calm down Andrea and keep her with the group. I also see Daryl having an internal struggle whether to stay or not. He kinda seems like he wants to buy into his hallucination that they don't like him, but he seemed pissed at Meryl for never being there, and he seems hell bent on finding Sophia.

The Walkers in the barn is real interesting. I knew there was something about that old dude. My guess is he's trying to find a cure or find out what happened. Should be interesting to see how the rest find out. Glen is definitely going to spill the beans.

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 09:13 AM
The Walking Dead

Good episode last night. More proof the Daryl is a bad ass. I freakin came out of my seat though when Andrea shot him, good thing they didn't kill him off. I think the shooting though will calm down Andrea and keep her with the group. I also see Daryl having an internal struggle whether to stay or not. He kinda seems like he wants to buy into his hallucination that they don't like him, but he seemed pissed at Meryl for never being there, and he seems hell bent on finding Sophia.

The Walkers in the barn is real interesting. I knew there was something about that old dude. My guess is he's trying to find a cure or find out what happened. Should be interesting to see how the rest find out. Glen is definitely going to spill the beans.

Yeah remember imaginary Merle told Daryl to put a bullet in Rick's head. Will we come close to that happening?

Man I thought Daryl was a goner, for almost all of the episode LOL I don't remember seeing someone have such a shittier day than Daryl did on last night's episode. :D

Now we have even more questions to be answered with all the walkers in the hayloft. I was wondering why the farmer's daughter had such a sick look on her face after reading the note LOL

psuexv
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah remember imaginary Merle told Daryl to put a bullet in Rick's head. Will we come close to that happening?

Man I thought Daryl was a goner, for almost all of the episode LOL I don't remember seeing someone have such a shittier day than Daryl did on last night's episode. :D

Now we have even more questions to be answered with all the walkers in the hayloft. I was wondering why the farmer's daughter had such a sick look on her face after reading the note LOL

I was just thinking. I wonder if the Walkers are the family and friends that the people on the farm have lost? Hopefully it's not quite as simple as that and he's trying some radical experiments on them or something.

Also was thinking, since we feel that the Walkers kind of do what was accustom to them in real life. I wonder if Otis is going to come stumbling back at some point?

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I was just thinking. I wonder if the Walkers are the family and friends that the people on the farm have lost? Hopefully it's not quite as simple as that and he's trying some radical experiments on them or something.

Also was thinking, since we feel that the Walkers kind of do what was accustom to them in real life. I wonder if Otis is going to come stumbling back at some point?

I don't think Otis will come back. I'm pretty sure he got mutilated. Hard telling though...but when you have a big group of walkers feeding, the body usually gets pulled apart big time.

I really don't know what to think about all the walkers in the hayloft. Pretty sure Hershel is experimenting to try to understand it all, but I have a feeling this is going to bite them in the ass. I bet the farm gets overrun, and only the daughter comes out of it. Maybe just the daughter and Hershel. We might lose Carol out of the group too. Then they will end up having to continue to move on to Fort Bend (?)

psuexv
11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Fort Benning.

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Fort Benning.

Close :D

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Walking Dead

Yeah Daryl is a badass....

Description of the scene from last night on EW.com:

Merle also energized Daryl, who suddenly awoke from his brother-dream to discover a zombie gnawing on his shoe. Here is what Daryl Dixon did, with the key points in italics: Tackled the zombie and crushed in his head; pulled a freaking arrow out of himself; loaded that arrow into his crossbow; and shot that arrow at the zombie. Then Daryl carved open a varmint and ate its innards raw. Then he sliced the ears off his zombie kills and made himself an ear necklace. This was either a reference to Blood Meridian or to Universal Soldier, and either way it was awesome, because it seemed to suggest that our beloved Daryl was becoming genuinely unhinged.

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
The official Facebook page for The Walking Dead asked what you thought of last night's episode...a lot of positive responses....this comment made me laugh my ass off...

I think Hershel is as crazy as a shithouse rat!

morsdraconis
11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Gah! Damn it, I hate when I'm behind on watching The Walking Dead...

psuexv
11-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Gah! Damn it, I hate when I'm behind on watching The Walking Dead...

:D That was me last week. You guys were blowing up this thread and I didn't get to watch it until Tuesday.

JBHuskers
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
:D That was me last week. You guys were blowing up this thread and I didn't get to watch it until Tuesday.

This was the first time I watched it live this season. Watched it with Jess, it was her first episode ever, she's now interested in going back and seeing the first season and beginning of the second.

morsdraconis
11-14-2011, 04:53 PM
My take on this past The Walking Dead episode:

Finally, we have a reason for all the weirdness from Hershel. Definitely hope it's him experimenting on them to try to cure them or something along those lines.

I think Daryl definitely ends up finding Sophia now. There's no way he doesn't They've spent WAY too much time on it for him not to find her. I am a bit disappointed that, so far, this entire season has been devoted to finding her. That's kinda crappy.

Overall, I'm definitely still interested to see where they are going with the show. As meandering as it seemed the show was starting to become, it's picked up some the past two episodes.

psuexv
11-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Man, not really loving the way the Walking Dead is going

DariusLock
11-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Man, not really loving the way the Walking Dead is going

What's wrong with it, I liked the past episode...a lot of character building. Yeah there was only one zombie that died (i think) but a bunch of the characters are changing roles.

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Totally forgot about Andrea going ape shit in the subs haha.

psuexv
11-21-2011, 08:33 AM
What's wrong with it, I liked the past episode...a lot of character building. Yeah there was only one zombie that died (i think) but a bunch of the characters are changing roles.

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Totally forgot about Andrea going ape shit in the subs haha.

It's just gotten cheesy. Yeah they are character building but not in a good way. I'm really disappointed that Hershel is keep the Walkers only because they are his family and people he knows. They could have done so much with that but didn't.

Andrea is really going downhill. I'm tired of the "I wanna be a bad ass" act. Mors I know she's your favorite but she's just getting annoying. Her going ape in the subs was ridiculous. They were in a horde of about 50 Walkers and they calmly mowed them down and easily escaped?. And now she's a sharp shooter? Give me a break. I've been shooting my whole life and you don't turn the switch that easy and cheesily.(Yes I know it's a TV show but come on). And Shane nailing every Walker in the head.. BS! He's never shot like that the entire series and there's nobody that can shoot like that, I shouldn't say nobody but definitely not a local town cop.

And the part where they driving back and she grabs his junk and they get it on. STUPID.

The part with Dale telling Shane to leave was bad too.

Sophia is dead, quit dragging it on.

They need to leave the farm. It's getting dull and pointless. I understand that in real life yes you would want to stay there, but for TV ratings you need to move on.

The only good part last night was in the drug store when they got attacked. But there was also the fact that they casually ride into town, tie the horses up in plain site and casually go into the store. There is just now way with zombies running around you are leaving your horses lied up for a feeding and just casually walking around. I understand that it's secluded and they don't usually encounter Walkers but there is no nervousness at all. That has been a big part of this show. They are constantly on edge, as they should be. Always looking around the corner...etc. And now at this farm they are just willy nilly whatever.

Oh I just remembered my other BIG problem with last night's episode. I understand you want to teach people to shoot. But you have no access to more ammo and you're burning it on a gun range? And how many rounds did Andrea go through trying to hit that log? 15, at least. Then there's also the fact that Walkers are attracted to noise. A whole bunch of gunshots don't bring any Walkers in... takes me back to my point about the willy nilly attitude. DUMB

DariusLock
11-21-2011, 11:18 AM
It's just gotten cheesy. Yeah they are character building but not in a good way. I'm really disappointed that Hershel is keep the Walkers only because they are his family and people he knows. They could have done so much with that but didn't.

Andrea is really going downhill. I'm tired of the "I wanna be a bad ass" act. Mors I know she's your favorite but she's just getting annoying. Her going ape in the subs was ridiculous. They were in a horde of about 50 Walkers and they calmly mowed them down and easily escaped?. And now she's a sharp shooter? Give me a break. I've been shooting my whole life and you don't turn the switch that easy and cheesily.(Yes I know it's a TV show but come on). And Shane nailing every Walker in the head.. BS! He's never shot like that the entire series and there's nobody that can shoot like that, I shouldn't say nobody but definitely not a local town cop.

And the part where they driving back and she grabs his junk and they get it on. STUPID.

They need to leave the farm. It's getting dull and pointless. I understand that in real life yes you would want to stay there, but for TV ratings you need to move on.

The only good part last night was in the drug store when they got attacked. But there was also the fact that they casually ride into town, tie the horses up in plain site and casually go into the store. There is just now way with zombies running around you are leaving your horses lied up for a feeding and just casually walking around. I understand that it's secluded and they don't usually encounter Walkers but there is no nervousness at all. That has been a big part of this show. They are constantly on edge, as they should be. Always looking around the corner...etc. And now at this farm they are just willy nilly whatever.

Oh I just remembered my other BIG problem with last night's episode. I understand you want to teach people to shoot. But you have no access to more ammo and you're burning it on a gun range? And how many rounds did Andrea go through trying to hit that log? 15, at least. Then there's also the fact that Walkers are attracted to noise. A whole bunch of gunshots don't bring any Walkers in... takes me back to my point about the willy nilly attitude. DUMB

A chick wrote this episode if it helps you any haha.

Hershel keeping the Walkers because they are his family seems pretty reasonable, the human nature is to help and love your family. He's probably hoping for a cure and I could see people doing that if it was real life.

Them getting it on after the subs makes a little sense, she just got done capping a bunch of Walkers and her is adrenaline is pumping. Just like that dude said on the Talking Dead "She found out a gun is just a big vibrator that shoots bullets." Guns somehow do make girls horny haha...

Sophia sucks. They do need to leave the farm and hurry on to their next location which I'm excited about!

Them having a shooting range when the Walkers are attracted by noise WAS STUPID! It's like the female writer didn't watch any of the previous episodes or some shit. Other than that I'll keep watching and I'm enjoying it.

Also another good point the guy made about it being a female writer. No way a guy writer would have Rick react like that about her cheating on him. She cheated on him....she's prego...Theres so much he could question and be pissed of at her about. "Couldn't wait a month?!" "Is it even my kid?" "I HATE YOU WHORE!" But nah he's just like it's ok....

psuexv
11-21-2011, 04:02 PM
A chick wrote this episode if it helps you any haha.

Hershel keeping the Walkers because they are his family seems pretty reasonable, the human nature is to help and love your family. He's probably hoping for a cure and I could see people doing that if it was real life.

Them getting it on after the subs makes a little sense, she just got done capping a bunch of Walkers and her is adrenaline is pumping. Just like that dude said on the Talking Dead "She found out a gun is just a big vibrator that shoots bullets." Guns somehow do make girls horny haha...

Sophia sucks. They do need to leave the farm and hurry on to their next location which I'm excited about!

Them having a shooting range when the Walkers are attracted by noise WAS STUPID! It's like the female writer didn't watch any of the previous episodes or some shit. Other than that I'll keep watching and I'm enjoying it.

Also another good point the guy made about it being a female writer. No way a guy writer would have Rick react like that about her cheating on him. She cheated on him....she's prego...Theres so much he could question and be pissed of at her about. "Couldn't wait a month?!" "Is it even my kid?" "I HATE YOU WHORE!" But nah he's just like it's ok....

Well that makes a lot of sense then. I understand the basis behind the events that took place, Hershel and the walkers, Andrea's adrenalin but that doesn't mean it makes for good TB. And the Rick reaction hopefully just means that they are wrapping this up with Lori/Shane/Rick.

morsdraconis
11-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, son of a bitch, I just had the next episode TOTALLY spoiled for me by the imdb.com boards... FUCK! Read the spoiler if you REALLY want to know (again, it's a complete and utter spoiler for next week's episode)

Short and sweet, Sophia is a zombie in the barn. She walked up to the farm and, instead of killing her, was put in there like all the others

Again, DON'T READ the spoiler section unless you want the next episode spoiled for you.

morsdraconis
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM

Not a next episode spoiler here, so you can read. Just more of my thoughts on the series and last night's episode. ;)

I gotta say, I didn't really have a problem with it. It sucks that hot ass Andrea got with psychopath Shane, but I kinda figured it was gonna happen sooner or later. Was hoping for Daryl instead, but, oh well.

The part with Dale telling Shane to leave was just because he knows what type of man Shane really is and he's trying to protect Andrea (In the comics, Andrea and Amy were actually using Dale to survive by occasionally giving him sexual favors for staying with him, but, obviously, they never chose to explain that in the show).

As for her being awesome at shooting, yeah, it was kinda silly, but that's TV for ya.

As for the gun range stuff, well, they did drive off somewhere to do it, so, I'm assuming they went somewhere remote but out in the open so that they could see the zombies coming if they did get attacked. Again, I didn't have a problem with it.

With the drugstore attack, well, they obviously felt safe enough there to bone the last time they visited so I don't see why this time would be any different. I mean, the way the girl was talking, she'd never actually seen any zombies besides the ones that they have locked up in their barn, so, I would have to assume that she never ran into any while in the town that they were traveling to to get the supplies. Again, not really an issue there either (though I saw it coming a mile away).

psuexv
11-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Well, son of a bitch, I just had the next episode TOTALLY spoiled for me by the imdb.com boards... FUCK! Read the spoiler if you REALLY want to know (again, it's a complete and utter spoiler for next week's episode)

Short and sweet, Sophia is a zombie in the barn. She walked up to the farm and, instead of killing her, was put in there like all the others

Again, DON'T READ the spoiler section unless you want the next episode spoiled for you.

all I can say is it's about fucking time they wrap up Sophia

I wonder if it has any affect on Daryl since he seems the most determined with her being alive

psuexv
11-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Not a next episode spoiler here, so you can read. Just more of my thoughts on the series and last night's episode. ;)

I gotta say, I didn't really have a problem with it. It sucks that hot ass Andrea got with psychopath Shane, but I kinda figured it was gonna happen sooner or later. Was hoping for Daryl instead, but, oh well.

The part with Dale telling Shane to leave was just because he knows what type of man Shane really is and he's trying to protect Andrea (In the comics, Andrea and Amy were actually using Dale to survive by occasionally giving him sexual favors for staying with him, but, obviously, they never chose to explain that in the show).

As for her being awesome at shooting, yeah, it was kinda silly, but that's TV for ya.

As for the gun range stuff, well, they did drive off somewhere to do it, so, I'm assuming they went somewhere remote but out in the open so that they could see the zombies coming if they did get attacked. Again, I didn't have a problem with it.

With the drugstore attack, well, they obviously felt safe enough there to bone the last time they visited so I don't see why this time would be any different. I mean, the way the girl was talking, she'd never actually seen any zombies besides the ones that they have locked up in their barn, so, I would have to assume that she never ran into any while in the town that they were traveling to to get the supplies. Again, not really an issue there either (though I saw it coming a mile away).

Yeah my biggest complaint was the barn and the mowing down of zombies in the development. That and just the cheesiness of the episode. This is what the series has avoided and they seemed to go away from that last night.

DariusLock
11-22-2011, 06:49 PM

I guessed that this past episode, I was like I bet that's one of the big reasons for it being there.

SmoothPancakes
11-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Walking Dead

Well, they sure as fuck won't be allowed to stay on that farm for much longer after Shane went apeshit.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 01:26 AM
Caught up on the past two Walking Deads

I don't really have a problem with what happened in the burbs. If you're comparing Andrea flipping a switch and being a sharpshooter not realistic, well zombies aren't realistic either :D

I could have sworn in the woods Shane was going to kill Dale. But again it seemed to obvious after their tiff by the camper, so I guess it shouldn't have surprised me that it didn't come to that.

At first, I thought Shane would get back to being somewhat sane after killing all the walkers in the barn, but I watched the previews to the 2nd half of the season, and it definitely gets much worse. And I think it's mainly because he loves Lori.

Last night, at least the whole pregnant thing was on the backburner. I think now it will be a pretty interesting part of the show now that everyone quit skirting around the issues and everything is mostly out in the open.

The final sequence where Shane went nuts was awesome. Very cool scene mowing down the walkers. I thought by doing so one of them was going to get killed, mainly Herschel or Carol. It was kinda obvious that Sophia was in the barn, but still it was a great and dramatic part at the end of the show. It should make sense to everyone why this was drug out to have that key scene...I loved it. By having that shootout at the barn, I have a good feeling that the farm is going to be a huge target now.

I'm in the minority in this site here as I have been very pleased with this season. I honestly didn't think they drug out trying to find Sophia. People are so used to plots being rushed, but then where are you after you rush through that plot? The pacing has been one of the best things about this show outside of the character development. Of all the characters that really didn't seemed developed, Dale really hit his stride the last couple of episodes.

For those who saw the 2nd half preview after....

I wonder what is up with that car flipping into the ditch.....

...and I wonder why Shane is going ape shit (again)

Here's what they showed during Hell On Wheels for the preview of the next episode. Not really going to give much away at all. A pretty predicable 30 second scene of the aftermath of cleaning out the barn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOquA822k88

morsdraconis
11-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Caught up on the past two Walking Deads

I don't really have a problem with what happened in the burbs. If you're comparing Andrea flipping a switch and being a sharpshooter not realistic, well zombies aren't realistic either :D

I could have sworn in the woods Shane was going to kill Dale. But again it seemed to obvious after their tiff by the camper, so I guess it shouldn't have surprised me that it didn't come to that.

At first, I thought Shane would get back to being somewhat sane after killing all the walkers in the barn, but I watched the previews to the 2nd half of the season, and it definitely gets much worse. And I think it's mainly because he loves Lori.

Last night, at least the whole pregnant thing was on the backburner. I think now it will be a pretty interesting part of the show now that everyone quit skirting around the issues and everything is mostly out in the open.

The final sequence where Shane went nuts was awesome. Very cool scene mowing down the walkers. I thought by doing so one of them was going to get killed, mainly Herschel or Carol. It was kinda obvious that Sophia was in the barn, but still it was a great and dramatic part at the end of the show. It should make sense to everyone why this was drug out to have that key scene...I loved it. By having that shootout at the barn, I have a good feeling that the farm is going to be a huge target now.

I'm in the minority in this site here as I have been very pleased with this season. I honestly didn't think they drug out trying to find Sophia. People are so used to plots being rushed, but then where are you after you rush through that plot? The pacing has been one of the best things about this show outside of the character development. Of all the characters that really didn't seemed developed, Dale really hit his stride the last couple of episodes.

Just finally watched this past Sunday's episode myself.

Ended how the leaked info said it would. I gotta say, I'm not disappointed at all with all that searching leading to them finding her as a zombie in the barn. I could have sworn somewhere that I guessed she was a zombie in the barn after they first let it slip about the zombies in the barn, but I guess I imagined it or somethin'. Anyway, I'm STOKED for the new season now. Shit is going to SERIOUSLY hit the fan and I'm excited. Very interestingly touching storyline they have developing. Shane is going straight psychotic, which is cool, and Rick is going to wallow in self pity something fierce now that he knows that it's his fault that Sophia is a zombie and you have to assume that he thinks that Lori's baby is Shane's and not his (even more emotional heartache on him).

These final 6 episodes are looking to be VERY interesting.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
This doesn't really ruin anything, but contains some stuff from the Season 2 Part 2 preview. Just some more thoughts of mine after I slept on it.

Looks like Herschel is going to hit the bottle after cleaning out the barn. It also looks like he's going to go into full fuck god mode.

Now that Shane was right the whole time, you'd think he'd be more at ease, but obviously Herschel wants him out of the farm completely. I'm guessing Shane snaps further which leads to a firefight before he'll refuse to leave.

I just wonder how this will all end with Shane. I doubt they kill him off. He's too key of a character, and I really like his character, he's snapped, but at the same time, he was under full control in getting the barn cleared off in the last episode. I love how he snapped and just started breaking all the locks on the barn. I didn't know if he was just going to make everyone fend for themselves, or if he was actually intending on clearing the barn.

He could have easily ended Dale right there in the woods, but he didn't. He knows Dale has complete disdain for him, and Shane probably views him as completely worthless, but yet at the same time, Shane's ultimate goal was to just clear out the barn to keep it safer for everyone. There were so many parts where you thought Shane was going to say hey group fuck you...have fun with this, but he's still protecting everyone. He is still Rick's best friend. He doesn't know that Rick knows he fooled around with Lori, but at the same time Rick fully understood when he found out. It doesn't seem that Rick will ever get bent out of shape on that one.

Shane's snapping was why I thought in the end he was going to off Herschel, or he was going to just open up the barn in the middle of the night and have everyone try to survive it...where walkers would get in the house...probably kill off everyone in the family but Maggie, and life goes on at the midseason point. I'm glad that Herschel isn't dead though as it's going to be fun to see him fall off the wagon.

The one thing I was worried about was...

Daryl was going to hook up with Carol. Thank god that didn't happen. I thought something was going to happen out in the woods. :D

I really like Daryl's character showing compasion though for Carol and trying to rescue Sophia. He's a badass still, he's a redneck, but at least he truly cares about people. (also give me more Merle flashbacks! :D)

God damn I can't wait for February. In the end, I'm kinda glad they split it up in two. There really is only about 45 days in between, so it's a good point to reset and look forward to the next part of the story after the farm.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
From a recent interview with Robert Kirkman about the CDC...

A lot of people, including me, assumed the message Jenner whispered to Rick at the CDC last season was that Lori was pregnant. But Rick seemed to be genuinely surprised by the news, which would suggest that is not the case.

When we reveal exactly what Jenner whispered, we will reveal what Jenner whispered. It’s not going to come in like an “Oh, was that it?”-kind of way. You’ll know that we’re revealing that when we do it.

morsdraconis
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
From a recent interview with Robert Kirkman about the CDC...

A lot of people, including me, assumed the message Jenner whispered to Rick at the CDC last season was that Lori was pregnant. But Rick seemed to be genuinely surprised by the news, which would suggest that is not the case.

When we reveal exactly what Jenner whispered, we will reveal what Jenner whispered. It’s not going to come in like an “Oh, was that it?”-kind of way. You’ll know that we’re revealing that when we do it.

Interesting. Totally forgot about that. Definitely interesting to know what he said to him. Has to be something REALLY big if they aren't going to just throw it out there.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Interesting. Totally forgot about that. Definitely interesting to know what he said to him. Has to be something REALLY big if they aren't going to just throw it out there.

Especially when Robert says when you find out, you're going to find out in a BAM in your face way, not some subtle this is what he whispered to me.

Here is a great article on EW.com recapping the first half of season two. Talks about the pacing of the show, comparing it to some other epic TV shows. Looks ahead to what may come.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/walking-dead-finale-sophia/

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 12:25 PM
We should start petition. Daryl Dixon on The Expendables 2.

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I forgot about this quote from Sunday :D

Shane to Daryl:

"What would she think if she saw you, all meth-ed out with your buck knife and your geek ears around your neck?"

JBHuskers
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Just finished watching The Walking Dead Webisodes, they were pretty good. 6 parts about the woman who was cut in half on the pilot.

http://www.hulu.com/the-walking-dead (scroll down a little ways to start)

psuexv
11-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Looks like you guys covered most of it. The one thing I find interesting is that in the comics Rick actually goes nuts, which we thought might happen when he put the badge away. But it looks like Shane is going to be the one. I totally saw him mowing down the walkers in the barn and not letting the group fend for itself. I think it was more of stress relief and taking out frustration more than protecting the group though. Also he sort of has a hero complex, especially with Lori.

It was a great ending scene, the irony was dramatic how Hershel saw those walkers in the barn as people and then Sophia comes out and you can almost collectively see the group say Fuck he was right.

I actually thought Dale was going to dust Shane in the woods. Especially when he said something about his is where you belong, but like JB said he's too vital of a character right now.

JBHuskers
11-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Looks like you guys covered most of it. The one thing I find interesting is that in the comics Rick actually goes nuts, which we thought might happen when he put the badge away. But it looks like Shane is going to be the one. I totally saw him mowing down the walkers in the barn and not letting the group fend for itself. I think it was more of stress relief and taking out frustration more than protecting the group though. Also he sort of has a hero complex, especially with Lori.

It was a great ending scene, the irony was dramatic how Hershel saw those walkers in the barn as people and then Sophia comes out and you can almost collectively see the group say Fuck he was right.

I actually thought Dale was going to dust Shane in the woods. Especially when he said something about his is where you belong, but like JB said he's too vital of a character right now.

My first thought was Shane was going to open up the barn and just let everyone fend for themselves saying, well if these are people...mingle with them! That would be where Herschel, some of the family we don't see or care about, and maybe Carol would die...instead we get a badass execution scene.

morsdraconis
11-30-2011, 08:42 AM

I won't be surprised when Dale does dust Shane or vise versa. It's gonna happen. There is just too much hate between the two for it not to.

I can't express how happy I am that they didn't back down from Sophia being a zombie and them shooting her (though they went with a much too tasteful camera zoom out when he shot her). At least they have the balls to kill off a kid character. That's more than other shows have shown.

JBHuskers
11-30-2011, 08:44 AM
I won't be surprised when Dale does dust Shane or vise versa. It's gonna happen. There is just too much hate between the two for it not to.

I can't express how happy I am that they didn't back down from Sophia being a zombie and them shooting her (though they went with a much too tasteful camera zoom out when he shot her). At least they have the balls to kill off a kid character. That's more than other shows have shown.

Yeah, at least Carol was smart about it. She kinda walked to her when she saw Sophia come out of the barn, but when Daryl held her down, she didn't fight, she realized what had happened.

psuexv
11-30-2011, 08:52 AM

I kind of want to know the back story on Dale and Andrea.

JBHuskers
11-30-2011, 08:54 AM

And T-Dog. It seems like he's the only one without any character development on the show besides getting hurt and being called an N-bomb. I like his character, so hopefully they give him something.

Man on the first episode of this season, I really cringed when he sliced himself on that car.

psuexv
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
And T-Dog. It seems like he's the only one without any character development on the show besides getting hurt and being called an N-bomb. I like his character, so hopefully they give him something.

Man on the first episode of this season, I really cringed when he sliced himself on that car.

That's true. He kind of gets lost in the wash. The other thing is the other people on the farm. You kind of forget about them and then they'll come running in from time to time.

JBHuskers
11-30-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if walkers are going to get drawn to the farm now after the massacre.

morsdraconis
11-30-2011, 11:45 AM

In the comics, Andrea and Amy used Dale as a safe haven in exchange for sex.

In the show, it seems like he's more of a father figure than a sugar daddy.

psuexv
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM
In the comics, Andrea and Amy used Dale as a safe haven in exchange for sex.

In the show, it seems like he's more of a father figure than a sugar daddy.

Yeah I knew the comic angle, just wondering how the show was going to portray it and why he feels so possessive over them.

morsdraconis
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah I knew the comic angle, just wondering how the show was going to portray it and why he feels so possessive over them.

I definitely think it's the whole father figure thing. He thinks of Andrea and thought of Amy as his daughters after all the shit went down with the zombies. He's worried about Andrea. First it was because Amy got bit and Andrea had to watch her die. Then he wanted to protect Andrea from something like that happening to her (again, father figure of him being overprotective of Andrea because he felt like he lost a daughter with Amy dying). Then, the whole thing at the CDC and Andrea wanting to kill herself. And, now, we have her getting with the bad boy of the group and Dale knowing how Shane really is (borderline insane and definitely a bit psychotic) so Dale wants to protect her (again, father figure thinking he knows what's best for Andrea).

Sadly, the Andrea/Dale dynamic has turned into a predictable daddy issues girl (Andrea) doing everything she can to get back at daddy being overprotective of her. She's going to end up doing something REALLY stupid because of it.

JBHuskers
11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I definitely think it's the whole father figure thing. He thinks of Andrea and thought of Amy as his daughters after all the shit went down with the zombies. He's worried about Andrea. First it was because Amy got bit and Andrea had to watch her die. Then he wanted to protect Andrea from something like that happening to her (again, father figure of him being overprotective of Andrea because he felt like he lost a daughter with Amy dying). Then, the whole thing at the CDC and Andrea wanting to kill herself. And, now, we have her getting with the bad boy of the group and Dale knowing how Shane really is (borderline insane and definitely a bit psychotic) so Dale wants to protect her (again, father figure thinking he knows what's best for Andrea).

Sadly, the Andrea/Dale dynamic has turned into a predictable daddy issues girl (Andrea) doing everything she can to get back at daddy being overprotective of her. She's going to end up doing something REALLY stupid because of it.

She already did....she shot Daryl :D

steelerfan
12-30-2011, 07:01 PM
If you're like me, and have missed most episodes of The Walking Dead, AMC is playing every episode back-to-back starting at 11 AM Eastern tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

DariusLock
02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
The walking dead comes back the 12th and drum roll please..............EASTBOUND & DOWN FEB 19 bitches!

JBHuskers
02-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Sunday. The Walking Dead. That is all.

SmoothPancakes
02-12-2012, 09:20 PM
The Walking Dead, season 2 resumed tonight.

Holy shit. That is all.

psuexv
02-12-2012, 10:18 PM
The Walking Dead, season 2 resumed tonight.

Holy shit. That is all.

My DVR messes up, luckily it's playing again. 18 minutes in :nod:

psuexv
02-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I did not see that coming!!!!!

psuexv
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Awesome that they played The Regulator at the end

SmoothPancakes
02-12-2012, 11:10 PM

Neither did I! My jaw dropped and I literally went "holy shit!" when that happened.

JBHuskers
02-12-2012, 11:49 PM

Neither did I! My jaw dropped and I literally went "holy shit!" when that happened.

Talking about the bar?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
02-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Talking about the bar?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yep.

JBHuskers
02-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Yep.

The more and more Rick was saying no, the more I figured it was going to end that way. I was kinda surprised they never went back to Lori when she wrecked the car. There was a good 20 minutes or more after that happened. That explains the car in the teaser trailer for the 2nd half of the season. Didn't take long to get to that.

SmoothPancakes
02-13-2012, 01:31 AM
The more and more Rick was saying no, the more I figured it was going to end that way. I was kinda surprised they never went back to Lori when she wrecked the car. There was a good 20 minutes or more after that happened. That explains the car in the teaser trailer for the 2nd half of the season. Didn't take long to get to that.

Well, yeah, looking back now, you definitely sort of get that vibe. Those two just seemed really shady and like they were up to no good. I have a feeling if they had gone back to the farm, those two guys would have either robbed them and stolen a bunch of stuff, assaulted one of the women, or killed someone. Plus, thinking about it now, I'm doubting if they were even telling the truth about there being others who were traveling with them. I think now they may have just made that up to seem more "friendly" and trusthworthy to Rick, Glenn and Hershel.

And even during the time, I was having a feeling that the bar scene was going to end up with someone firing a gun, but after so much preaching by Rick about "we don't kill the living" and then just how sudden it all went down. I figured it'd be one of those two who would provoke Rick into shooting, but instead of was just Rick saying "fuck it" and blowing them both away without warning.

As for Lori, yeah, I was expecting they'd go back to her before the end. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they start off next week. That, I will say, I did see coming. When she's seeming distracted from the road, then reaches over and is reading that map while driving down the road, I had a feeling her trip wasn't going to last long. Then when you saw that walker start coming out in the roadway, I knew right then she was about to fuck that car up.

gschwendt
02-13-2012, 07:55 AM
it's not like Rick just decided he'd had enough... The guy behind the bar reached for his pistol but Rick quick-drawed him.

psuexv
02-13-2012, 08:09 AM
it's not like Rick just decided he'd had enough... The guy behind the bar reached for his pistol but Rick quick-drawed him.

Yeah, I actually couldn't tell at first. I went back and rewatched it and yeah the dude went for his gun.

psuexv
02-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Plus, thinking about it now, I'm doubting if they were even telling the truth about there being others who were traveling with them. I think now they may have just made that up to seem more "friendly" and trusthworthy to Rick, Glenn and Hershel.

If you watched the previews for next week there are other people. They come looking for those other two.

JBHuskers
02-13-2012, 09:52 AM
If you watched the previews for next week there are other people. They come looking for those other two.

I typically stay away from next week previews. Because they're always misleading.

The finale of Rescue Me is a good example of that.

psuexv
02-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I typically stay away from next week previews. Because they're always misleading.

The finale of Rescue Me is a good example of that.

But that's what's great, it throws you for a curveball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hfBOxe-lWII#t=18s

morsdraconis
02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
FUCK. Gotta watch it NOW. Gah, the spoilers!

morsdraconis
02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Saw the whole bar scene from a mile away once it started with them not coming straight in and shooting. It was obvious what they were there for (and the show hadn't done anything like that yet even though, we all know there HAS to be roving gangs of guys like that that just steal/kill instead of doing what needs to be done to survive on their own).

JBHuskers
02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Saw the whole bar scene from a mile away once it started with them not coming straight in and shooting. It was obvious what they were there for (and the show hadn't done anything like that yet even though, we all know there HAS to be roving gangs of guys like that that just steal/kill instead of doing what needs to be done to survive on their own).

Yeah ... it's going to be interesting if it leads back to the farm or not. I'm guessing so because sooner or later they have to leave that farm.

psuexv
02-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I did have to laugh too at Glenn and him not getting it when Maggie was asking him "what next" "Well I guess we'll move on" lol.

Also feel the Otis and Shane thing is going to come out soon. It was mentioned way too much in the episode for it not. I thought for a second that Hershel was going to say he thought Shane killed him.

SmoothPancakes
02-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Yeah, I actually couldn't tell at first. I went back and rewatched it and yeah the dude went for his gun.

Alright, now that you mention, like psuexv, I went back at re-watched it as I havn't deleted it off my DVR yet. I missed that the first time around. It at first just seemed like Rick just went apeshit on them first and wasn't going to even give them a chance.

Yeah, I didn't see the previews for next week, so I missed that. If they were doing what they did during Hell on Wheels, not showing the preview for the next episode until a commercial break in the following show, I was already watching other stuff on my DVR, trying to get them watched and deleted to free up some space and get back under 50% full.

psuexv
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Alright, now that you mention, like psuexv, I went back at re-watched it as I havn't deleted it off my DVR yet. I missed that the first time around. It at first just seemed like Rick just went apeshit on them first and wasn't going to even give them a chance.

Yeah I went back and watched it like 3 times when it happened :D. The first time I was like, did that just happen and had to rewind

JBHuskers
02-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah I went back and watched it like 3 times when it happened :D. The first time I was like, did that just happen and had to rewind

I definitely hit replay a couple of times because it was a badass scene.

SmoothPancakes
02-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I didn't see the previews for next week, so I missed that. If they were doing what they did during Hell on Wheels, not showing the preview for the next episode until a commercial break in the following show, I was already watching other stuff on my DVR, trying to get them watched and deleted to free up some space and get back under 50% full.

Alright, just watched the Talking Dead from last night. Saw the preview of next week's episode with the guys banging on the bar door and asking if anyone is in there, that they're looking for their friends. So that does answer the question about whether they were alone or not. What that does not answer, and is going to be interesting to find out next week, is are they a group similar to Rick and the rest, or are a roving gang of guys and other people out stealing/killing/whatever as they come across people or stuff?

Based on the guy behind the bar reaching for his pistol, I'm leaning towards them being a gang of people going from place to place, city to city killing people, stealing their supplies, etc. If shit this happened in real life, it's not going all peaches and cream like it is with Rick and the group. There are going to be gangs and groups going around stealing, robbing, murdering, etc, just like there are in everyday natural disasters.

DariusLock
02-13-2012, 07:56 PM
And I'd be one of those people. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
The promos they're running right now on AMC for next Sunday's Walking Dead..... :popcorn:

psuexv
02-20-2012, 08:33 AM
TWD

Great episode last night. The first half was completely intense. You can really feel the tensions rising within the group. I'm really curious as to what route they are going to take. The group is soooo close to splitting yet they stay together. You can really see people starting to go against Shane. My guess if they split would be Shane, Andrea, Carol and Daryl going and maybe Glen.

I didn't really understand the fact that they saved that guy and then Rick just wanting to give him a canteen and send him on his way. I think he pretty much had a moment in town since we wasted a bunch of other people and just felt sorry for him.

I've actually really grown to dislike Andrea. I don't know why but there is just something about her.

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 08:59 AM
TWD

Great episode last night. The first half was completely intense. You can really feel the tensions rising within the group. I'm really curious as to what route they are going to take. The group is soooo close to splitting yet they stay together. You can really see people starting to go against Shane. My guess if they split would be Shane, Andrea, Carol and Daryl going and maybe Glen.

I didn't really understand the fact that they saved that guy and then Rick just wanting to give him a canteen and send him on his way. I think he pretty much had a moment in town since we wasted a bunch of other people and just felt sorry for him.

I've actually really grown to dislike Andrea. I don't know why but there is just something about her.

Well that's just Rick's nature. But agreed, it makes no sense. He shot that one dude in the backyard of the bar and he got devoured. The guy that fell through the fence was on the roof with a rifle, so it's not like he's completely innocent.

Now with this new group that will eventually find the farm, that makes sense that there is a firefight. The way the previews originally showed, it seemed like they were in a fire fight with Shane, but I guess that was to swerve us...though it's still possible with as bat shit crazy Shane is getting.

I'm enjoying the show, but basicially LOST + Paranormal Activity + Anaconda = The River. It'll be interesting to see how far they can go with it and if it will spawn knockoffs on other networks.

Good question. Not sure if they're gaining viewers, but it started off towards rock bottom. I think they have 8 in the can now and waiting to see how it does.

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 02:42 PM
:D :D :D

EW.com's reaction to Carl wanting to name the baby Sophia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&feature=player_embedded

DariusLock
02-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Walking Dead episode was very good, looks like we are getting close to the death of Shane. I really like what he adds to the show, it would be awesome if he left the group and went even more crazy and kinda stalked them wherever they went.

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Looks like Clutch gained some new fans after the end of the Nebraska episode of The Walking Dead by checking on the comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziH7PfCmOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ziH7PfCmOY

Such an awesome song.

JBHuskers
02-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Walking Dead episode was very good, looks like we are getting close to the death of Shane. I really like what he adds to the show, it would be awesome if he left the group and went even more crazy and kinda stalked them wherever they went.

It was very interesting that Lori planted the seeds in Rick that killing Shane may be the best thing to do.

SmoothPancakes
02-26-2012, 08:53 PM
A vague comment on tonight's Walking Dead. Someone needs to just kill Andrea already.

psuexv
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
A vague comment on tonight's Walking Dead. Someone needs to just kill Andrea already.

I've thought that for awhile. Haven't watch the episode yet but I'm sure I'll agree.

morsdraconis
02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
TWD:

Can't hate on Andrea because she's right. Chicka that wanted to kill herself has to make the decision on whether or not she wants to do it on her own. No amount of babysitting and blubbering over it is going to change it. Andrea's character is totally being written by a dude. It's obvious.

Interesting that the inner turmoil between Shane and Rick finally boiled over into them beating the shit out of each other. Will be interesting to see if Shane continues to play nice or continues to secretly poison the group.

Coach Kernzy
02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
TWD: Did this not cross anyone else's mind?

Am I the only one that doesn't understand how those two or anyone for that matter doesn't get zombified by all the zombie blood they get on them...in the eyes, mouth, open cuts and scrapes?
1. In this episode they even mentioned it about those two dead cops that didn't seem to have been bitten but maybe just scratched.
2. Then the biggest WTF of all. Shane cut his hand to spread blood on the door jamb of that bus after killing that 2nd zombie earlier at the fence with his knife after Rick did the same.
How in the world does Shane not become infected?

Marlowe
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't understand how those two or anyone for that matter doesn't get zombified by all the zombie blood they get on them...in the eyes, mouth, open cuts and scrapes?
1. In this episode they even mentioned it about those two dead cops that didn't seem to have been bitten but maybe just scratched.
2. Then the biggest WTF of all. Shane cut his hand to spread blood on the door jamb of that bus after killing that 2nd zombie earlier at the fence with his knife after Rick did the same.

At this point I think its more of a running joke. Everyone I know that watches the show has asked the same thing.

psuexv
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM

Yep

morsdraconis
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Yep

Someone kills her, I'm gonna be pissed. She's too good lookin' not to have around with all the other not so hot chicks. ;)

steelerfan
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Someone kills her, I'm gonna be pissed. She's too good lookin' not to have around with all the other not so hot chicks. ;)

Good looking??

She kinda looks like the hottest chick in the trailer park. Good enough? Yes. More than that? Not really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

morsdraconis
02-27-2012, 11:48 PM
You're crazy if you think she isn't hot.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7LkMvoV_BnI/TeQaBMZ2tGI/AAAAAAAAQ7I/URJ_MRmv44Q/s400/Laurie%2BHolden.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BDMeBIlg1H0/TeQaBLhPa8I/AAAAAAAAQ7A/Vyylq4zo97U/s400/Laurie%2BHolden5.jpg

psuexv
02-28-2012, 08:19 AM
TWD:

Can't hate on Andrea because she's right. Chicka that wanted to kill herself has to make the decision on whether or not she wants to do it on her own. No amount of babysitting and blubbering over it is going to change it. Andrea's character is totally being written by a dude. It's obvious.

Interesting that the inner turmoil between Shane and Rick finally boiled over into them beating the shit out of each other. Will be interesting to see if Shane continues to play nice or continues to secretly poison the group.

Disagree, Andrea has pissed me off ever since they left the CDC. Then the whole macho I want to shoot shit put me over the top with her. This was minor but still she just needs to go. I don't really care what situation you are in, you never let someone end it.

I think Rick and Shane is over, at least I hope so. I like the minor drama within in the group, which it's going to happen in this type of situation, but I really hope they don't turn the whole show into inter-circle drama with some zombies thrown in. I really hope the show continues to move towards them trying to find a place to go.

psuexv
02-28-2012, 08:23 AM

I don't think it is by being scratched, I think you really need to be bitten. If you look at those two dead cops, they really didn't look like zombies, they kind of just look like they died. Their faces weren't all deteriorating and stuff. Plus if they were zombies, I've never seen a zombie just die and basically laid to rest the way those two were. There was no wound on the head and we know from the 1st season the brain is the only way to kill them.

I thought they were going to go somewhere with the scratch thing though but they didn't seem to

psuexv
02-28-2012, 08:23 AM
You're crazy if you think she isn't hot.

meh

psuexv
03-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I hate spoilers but this is pretty tempting.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/01/amc-website-runs-walking-dead-spoiler-by-mistake/?hpt=hp_t3

AMC website runs 'Walking Dead' spoiler by mistake

Walking Dead fans were treated to one heckuva spoiler on the AMC website Thursday.

An ad touting the release of the season 2 DVD inadvertently revealed a major plot point in an upcoming episode, in addition to promising other features like an extended zombie gut scene and the making of the barn. The set of 13 episodes doesn’t ship until August, but you can order it now (and for only $99.99!)

The snafu prompted an AMC spokesperson to release this statement: “The post on the AMC store was completely unauthorized. The matter is currently under investigation.” By late Thursday, however, the spoiler still existed on the website. Yikes! (Update: It’s been removed, but you can still see it in our link below.)

If you don’t watch Dead and want to see what all the hubbub’s about, click here (http://twitpic.com/8qupe7/full) to check out the spoiler. But if you do tune in regularly, stay the heck away.

DariusLock
03-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I hate spoilers but this is pretty tempting.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/01/amc-website-runs-walking-dead-spoiler-by-mistake/?hpt=hp_t3

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't read it...I did because I had a feeling and I was right, I've been talking about it too. :(

psuexv
03-02-2012, 04:11 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't read it...I did because I had a feeling and I was right, I've been talking about it too. :(

LOL - I cracked too and read it. I have to say, if it's true I don't think I like it at all. I wonder though if they did it on purpose.

morsdraconis
03-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm SO tempted because, I gotta say, I'm really just not enjoying The Walking Dead anymore. If it wasn't a zombie show on network TV, I probably wouldn't be watching anymore at all. It's really starting to bore the hell out of me.

Edit: Pfft, I've seen that coming for a while. Meh.

DariusLock
03-03-2012, 07:20 AM
LOL - I cracked too and read it. I have to say, if it's true I don't think I like it at all. I wonder though if they did it on purpose.

Well that's what happens in the Comic Book. If you want pretty much all the spoilers read that...they don't follow it to a T but it's close. From city...to camp...to farm....to....where I'm ready for them to get to their next stop seems pretty cool.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Walking Dead

Carl totally deserves to become zombie food. It's only a matter of time before that dumbass gets himself killed.

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Way to go Carl, you just got Dale killed. Fucking dumbass.

psuexv
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Walking Dead

Carl totally deserves to become zombie food. It's only a matter of time before that dumbass gets himself killed.

Yep

psuexv
03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Way to go Carl, you just got Dale killed. Fucking dumbass.

and you didn't let your dad do what he needed to do

SmoothPancakes
03-04-2012, 10:00 PM
and you didn't let your dad do what he needed to do

That too.

psuexv
03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Edit: Pfft, I've seen that coming for a while. Meh.

I didn't see this coming. I've felt the group was going to split for a long time and Shane would go his separate way. But I didn't see them taking him off of the show completely. Like I said if it happens I'm not sure how I feel about it as that will pretty much end the internal group struggles. Of course if the comic book did it this way, then maybe it will be ok.

psuexv
03-05-2012, 08:02 AM
TWD

I have to say that I'm excited about this other group. It should add some excitement to the show and maybe make them leave the farm

JBHuskers
03-05-2012, 09:51 AM
That too.

Yeah the title of this episode should have been Carl's A Fucking Dumbass.

Marlowe
03-05-2012, 11:05 AM
TWD:

Carl should die for being a dumbass. The coldest part about the episode? Not telling Dale they didn't kill the kid. Dude's lying there with guts hanging out when he spent the whole ep. working the group for mercy.

"Hey Dale guess what? We didn't kill the kid! You were right we were being douches. Hey do you mind if we shoot you in the head now? Wait...Darryl here you do it. I think I'm about to hurl."

morsdraconis
03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
(sigh) Can't wait to get home and watch TWD...

psuexv
03-05-2012, 01:58 PM
(sigh) Can't wait to get home and watch TWD...

Sigh because you want to read the spoilers :) or Sigh because you're growing tired of the show.

morsdraconis
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Sigh because you want to read the spoilers :) or Sigh because you're growing tired of the show.

Definitely growing tired of the show. It really has no idea what direction it wants to go. It's pretty sad that I'm looking more forward to The Killing and Falling Skies to return than to watch TWD.

I realize that the entire TWD show is about the internal struggles of the group and how it handles certain situations, but the characters just make completely illogical choices and it's choices that really don't make any sense within the essence of how a character would operate in real life in a situation like what is being presented to them. Rick is a pussy yet he's bad ass enough to make the decision to do what he did in the bar and to man up and kick Shane's ass for doing what he did. His character doesn't make any damn sense. Be one or the other. Not both. In the situation he was in, it's clear what SHOULD happen, but it's not going to.

As for things to push the group from their current position, there are PLENTY of things that can be introduced that don't require the introduction of what they're doing. At this point, I just don't care what happens anymore. Carl is a fuckin' moron that deserves to die. Rick is a pussy that basically lets his wife make his decisions for him (making her the leader of the group, not Rick). It's really dumb because, the biggest thing is Hershel wouldn't just immediately not care about what they were attempting to do. What total bullshit.

TWD has been ruined by completely awful writing and it's just unwatchable anymore.

psuexv
03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
So I was just talking to a co-worker about TWD and came to a theory/prediction/what if. I obviously think that the end of this season will see them encounter the other group, probably right at the end of the episode to leave a good cliffhanger until season 3. I'm assuming that the other group will (don't read if you didn't read the huge spoiler Kill Shane . My kind of off of the wall prediction is that the black guy and his kid from the 1st episode is in that other group and we end with Rick realizing that.

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
So I was just talking to a co-worker about TWD and came to a theory/prediction/what if. I obviously think that the end of this season will see them encounter the other group, probably right at the end of the episode to leave a good cliffhanger until season 3. I'm assuming that the other group will (don't read if you didn't read the huge spoiler Kill Shane . My kind of off of the wall prediction is that the black guy and his kid from the 1st episode is in that other group and we end with Rick realizing that.

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear what the hell ever happened with Morgan and Duane. They had the first episode, then Rick trying to contact him on radio multiple episodes, only to never have anything further.

Also, plot spoiler regarding a season 3 character I just saw on Wikipedia while looking up something.

David Morrissey as The Governor (Season 3)

JBHuskers
03-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I want to read the spoiler, so bad. But I will refrain.

But yeah I have a really good feeling we haven't heard the last of Morgan and Duane.

Marlowe
03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
My kind of off of the wall prediction is that the black guy and his kid from the 1st episode is in that other group and we end with Rick realizing that.

Hell yea bring back Hawkins aka Lennie James! :nod:

Edit: ...and Michael Rooker. :popcorn:

Marlowe
03-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Ha I just went and googled Lennie James and apparently he's just been cast in Gotham for ABC. :smh:

gschwendt
03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I just realized that he was in Snatch :up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph9f2bdW_Eo

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I want to read the spoiler, so bad. But I will refrain.

But yeah I have a really good feeling we haven't heard the last of Morgan and Duane.

Without giving anything away for those who don't want to read it, I'll just simply say, from what I've heard about the new guy and about the comics, next season is going to get interesting.

And yeah, after psuexv's prediction, I wouldn't be surprised now to see Morgan and Duane as part of this other group.

And Marlowe's post, I'm still waiting to see Merle Dixon come back. They had the whole thing with the severed hand, the box truck going missing, etc. So still waiting to see him return, I'm guessing most likely as a walker by now.

JBHuskers
03-09-2012, 03:06 PM
So do you view Season 2 as a disappointment because it didn't have the action Season 1 did? I don't really, because I liked the pacing of the story in looking for Sophia and dealing with settling in on the farm. I think Season 3 is really going to ramp up the shit though.

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2012, 04:22 PM
So do you view Season 2 as a disappointment because it didn't have the action Season 1 did? I don't really, because I liked the pacing of the story in looking for Sophia and dealing with settling in on the farm. I think Season 3 is really going to ramp up the shit though.

Nope, I've enjoyed this season. Yeah, it was pretty heavy on character development, but I had no problem with that. It wasn't going to be all run and gun like it was in the first season. I've enjoyed the episodes so far and eagerly look forward to these final episodes of season 2. And yeah, season 3 is really going to ramp shit up, especially based on the new character coming into the fray from what I've read of the summaries of the comics.

JBHuskers
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Nope, I've enjoyed this season. Yeah, it was pretty heavy on character development, but I had no problem with that. It wasn't going to be all run and gun like it was in the first season. I've enjoyed the episodes so far and eagerly look forward to these final episodes of season 2. And yeah, season 3 is really going to ramp shit up, especially based on the new character coming into the fray from what I've read of the summaries of the comics.

Except for T-Dog :D he's gonna die.

morsdraconis
03-09-2012, 04:39 PM
At this point, I don't think there's anything that they can do to keep me interested anymore. I'm gonna give it until the end of this set of episodes, but if they don't do something to progress the freakin' survival aspects of it some more, I'm gonna just quit. Character development is nice and all, but give me a break. To waste a whole season looking for Sophia and call it character development is just silly. They did in 12 episodes what good drama does in 3. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Except for T-Dog :D he's gonna die.

:D Yeah, T-Dog's a goner.

SmoothPancakes
03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
TWD

The fucker totally deserved it

Also

That shit is totally airborne, bites don't matter. First the kid, with his neck broken, and now Shane. Some sort of airborne virus or disease that has no effect on living humans.

psuexv
03-11-2012, 09:45 PM
WTF is going on with these walkers?

psuexv
03-12-2012, 08:54 AM
TWD

That shit is totally airborne, bites don't matter. First the kid, with his neck broken, and now Shane. Some sort of airborne virus or disease that has no effect on living humans.

Something is definitely weird. The 2 cops from a couple of episodes ago and now all of this. Not sure I'm liking that storyline though. It's almost like they just thought of it and are trying to slide it in. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that other people have been killed and haven't come back as walkers.

Marlowe
03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Something is definitely weird. The 2 cops from a couple of episodes ago and now all of this. Not sure I'm liking that storyline though. It's almost like they just thought of it and are trying to slide it in. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure that other people have been killed and haven't come back as walkers.

TWD:
yea apparently you don't have to be bitten to come back as a walker. Found this interview with Jon Bernthal about last night's ep.: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Dammit, I go to EW.com and they've got three stories on TWD shocker from last night. Ugh I hate not being able to watch it the night of LOL

psuexv
03-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Dammit, I go to EW.com and they've got three stories on TWD shocker from last night. Ugh I hate not being able to watch it the night of LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

gschwendt
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
I've never done this before but I decided to jump forward and read the full episode spoilers for the season finale of TWD. If you want to read them for yourself, I've linked them in the spoiler section below.

Sounds like it should be a good way to end the season.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/walking-dead-episode-213-beside-dying_4582.html (http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/walking-dead-episode-213-beside-dying_4582.html)

psuexv
03-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I've never done this before but I decided to jump forward and read the full episode spoilers for the season finale of TWD. If you want to read them for yourself, I've linked them in the spoiler section below.

Sounds like it should be a good way to end the season.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/walking-dead-episode-213-beside-dying_4582.html (http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/walking-dead-episode-213-beside-dying_4582.html)

Oh man...... I'm going to have to read that :fp:

Marlowe
03-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh man...... I'm going to have to read that :fp:

Lol way to dangle the carrot G..Fk I may have to read it as well. :fp:

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I am going to stay strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

psuexv
03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I am going to stay strong.

This is more appropriate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YssyHNAU8T4#t=57s

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 02:35 PM
:D I am not going to wait til I get back into town....I'm going to watch it right after work before I leave tonight.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Damn you G! Why you gotta go and screw with us like that? :D I really, really want to look at it sooooooo bad, but after seeing the bad ass preview for next week, I want to watch it with no prior knowledge. Fuuuuuuuuck.

JBHuskers
03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Things to do when I get home.

1) Unlock door.
2) Turn on TV & Surround Sound
3) Cue up Walking Dead on DVR

I'm going to do this IMMEDIATELY when I get home :D this is driving me crazy, but only a little more than an hour to go.

SmoothPancakes
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Things to do when I get home.

1) Unlock door.
2) Turn on TV & Surround Sound
3) Cue up Walking Dead on DVR

I'm going to do this IMMEDIATELY when I get home :D this is driving me crazy, but only a little more than an hour to go.

You're not going to open or close the door first? What do you do, walk through the door? Sweet! :D