PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Impressions Thread

CLW
09-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Figured I'd start this bad boy as Season Ticket is available this afternoon/evening.

I still haven't pre-ordered and probably just need to bite the bullet and do it b/c I know this game is going to be solid.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
:))

I preordered at Amazon using my $10 credit from Borderlands 2. And I have Season Ticket.

CLW
09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Also, are we getting together a group for a PS3 league?

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Also, are we getting together a group for a PS3 league?

Not sure yet.

CLW
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Also, anyone know who has the best "pre-order" deal. I have Amazon credit but would rather save it if someone has it for $45 or something like that somewhere else.

I OU a Beatn
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM
At Gamestop you get a steelbook case and 24 gold packs(1 pack each week for 6 months) but you pay full price. If you're a Gamer's Unlocked member, you get a $20 coupon with the purchase of it from Best Buy. Those are about the only ones I'm aware of.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 12:44 PM
At Gamestop you get a steelbook case and 24 gold packs(1 pack each week for 6 months) but you pay full price. If you're a Gamer's Unlocked member, you get a $20 coupon with the purchase of it from Best Buy. Those are about the only ones I'm aware of.

I was thinking about the Gamestop deal, but after tax, I'd be paying around $63 compared to $49 from Amazon, plus I'm getting a ton of packs being on Season Ticket.

CLW
09-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I was thinking about the Gamestop deal, but after tax, I'd be paying around $63 compared to $49 from Amazon, plus I'm getting a ton of packs being on Season Ticket.

Yeah I don't play the UT mode (or whatever it is called in FIFA) so the Gamestop deal doesn't interest me. Looks like another "free" game via Amazon is coming my way.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Download has started, 56 minutes to go!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Deuce
09-21-2012, 05:10 PM
130 minutes for me. :fp:

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Down to 18 minutes!

CLW
09-21-2012, 05:43 PM
80 mins for me.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 06:16 PM
35% on the long road of installation.

CLW
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
JB / anyone else you guys up for some online "friendlies" 2nite?

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 06:31 PM
JB / anyone else you guys up for some online "friendlies" 2nite?

Yep. I'll first record a game since I'll beat you guys to the install. Then I'll be around tonight. Anoop is downloading it too. Speaking of which, the install is taking as long as the download :D

psusnoop
09-21-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm at 20% install right now

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Last I looked I was at 60% install.

Deuce
09-21-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm at about 80% install.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah my TB HDD is slower when it comes to installations.

CLW
09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah my TB HDD is slower when it comes to installations.

Odd I havent noticed a difference

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 07:02 PM
96% install sooooooooo close.

CLW
09-21-2012, 07:14 PM
96% install sooooooooo close.

71% install here

CLW
09-21-2012, 07:17 PM
DONE!

CLW
09-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Well trying to load up the game and there is just a semi invisible ball at the bottom left with a down arrow flashing repeatedly?

CLW
09-21-2012, 07:27 PM
If you are having problems I am having OS user says to delete the EA app and try again. I guess I'll give that a shot.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Well trying to load up the game and there is just a semi invisible ball at the bottom left with a down arrow flashing repeatedly?

Yes, was just going to post a picture of it.

If you are having problems I am having OS user says to delete the EA app and try again. I guess I'll give that a shot.

Delete the app, but not the full game download and that will work?

CLW
09-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Yes, was just going to post a picture of it.

Delete the app, but not the full game download and that will work?

Yep.

#1 - Quit the game

#2 - Delete the EA App (NOT the early access game)

#3 - Play the game

Worked for me

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Yep.

#1 - Quit the game

#2 - Delete the EA App (NOT the early access game)

#3 - Play the game

Worked for me

Thanks for the info!

psusnoop
09-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Getting ready to play jb here soon

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Cool that they have FUT in the early release. Madden didn't.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Starting my managerial career at Nottingham Forest from npower Champions League.

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Lucky bastards, lol. My season ticket expired on August 31st and I never got around to renewing it. After buying a TV and having to be a tightass with my money until next payday (preferred buying it last week and be a tightass for two weeks instead of waiting until next Friday to buy it and waiting until sometime in October for it to arrive), I didn't have the spare money to re-up my sub and also cancelled my preorder for FIFA. But, FIFA is gonna be an immediate buy next weekend after I get payed on Friday. I'll just make a stop by Walmart on my way home from work next Saturday morning and pick it up.

psusnoop
09-22-2012, 07:17 AM
My Initial impressions thus far are the game is really really good.

The player movement and overall feel and control you have with them seems much tighter and more fluid. Seems like momentum is really nice.

The power control of the kicks seems really good too, To me it felt like taps of the shots/passes were better. I felt more in control.

The replays were a little lag filled but like JB and I were talking I fully expect retail version to be just fine.

CLW
09-22-2012, 07:40 AM
The game is very solid. Love the skills test as it really allows you to work on some things. My biggest gripe is the game plays WAY too fast on the default. Its like having 22 Usain Bolts out on the pitch.

JBHuskers
09-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Just like I did last year, I've tweaked sliders on the cpu as on professional, I got rolled by the Mexicans Amèrica team 7-2 in a friendly. I'm just gonna assume semi-pro is too easy so I'll just tweak sliders on professional.

jaymo76
09-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I didn't download the demo so when I DL season ticket FIFA 13 I really had no idea what to expect. Overall, I would say this is a very solid offering... far superior to FIFA 12 and FIFA 12 was an excellent game. Props to EA Canada for again meeting the needs of the consumer base. I played two games in the game of the week section (a nice added feature) and started a new dynasty as CELTIC's manager.

Pros:
1. Starting the game with the option to use your settings/sliders from FIFA 12. Thank you!!! (cough... NCAA 14... cough...)
2. ESPN-like game updates via audio are a nice touch
3. Injury announcements are well done and hum injuries seem fairly realistic
4. Passing, dribbling, and shooting feel wonderful.
5. Graphics are truly excellent and stadiums are beautiful
6. CAREER MODE ENHANCEMENTS MAKE THIS GAME PURCHASE WORTHY
** improved pop-up updates
** making offers for players that pop up in the "world events" hub
** inquiring about players to other teams
** option to include players in transfer negotiations
** management options like looking for new and better jobs
* trying to convince the owners for higher transfer funds
* intl manager options
* option to play major tourneys in the first season, etc

Cons:
1. SLOW DOWN!!!! The game is far too fast IMO. I don't like the spped one bit as the base setting is much too fast
2. THERE ARE STILL ZERO CPU CARDS!!!! In FOUR games I have one yellow and one the CPU HAS A TOTAL OF ZERO!!!!
** this is hugely dissapointing and IMO really impacts the gameplay
3. Injuries... CPU has not had one injury yet but hum inujuries seem to work well.

Overall I am impressed. I may well pick this game up in the next few weeks. It's a lot of fun.

JBHuskers
09-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Full match between psusnoop & myself....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xPCeZNwQyc&feature=youtu.be

psusnoop
09-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Full match between psusnoop & myself....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xPCeZNwQyc&feature=youtu.be

That game was fun as was the first one. Hope to get a few more in tomorrow.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 12:28 AM
After playing a few more games I still have not seen one red or yellow card issued to the cpu. It seems that cards are only issued if you slide check. That is really dissapointing. Clearly the card system is broken in this game (the equivalent of pass interference in NCAA/Madden). On the bright side, the way goalies move in this game is a thing of beauty. The saves just look awesome!

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Oops, forgot to mention in my post above that the cpu again dominates time of possession. It usually a 60-40 margin due to some LONG stretches where the cpu will complete like 15+ straight passes and you can't get close to the ball. I am experimentig with slider combos of slowing down cpu passing and limiting the accuracy to get the cpu to play a more natural style. We will see what happens.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Pro: Another nice touch with the International Situation is that your key players will leave for international duty for certain games. I lost eight players for an entire week!
Con: After ten games the cpu has been given ONE yellow card and no red cards. This has to be patched...

steelerfan
09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Jaymo, are you still playing 6-minute halves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Jaymo, are you still playing 6-minute halves?

Yeah, for sake of getting in as many career games as possible. However, the match of the day/week I have used 10 minute halves. If I had the regular disk I would set it at 10 minute halves but with season ticket I am trying to get as many games in as possible (to see the different tournmanets, etc.). I must admit that I had to change the gameplay from normal because it was just too fast for my liking. Hopefully the slower speed will allow for more natural motion and fouls.

Outside of the complete lack of fouls though, this game is truly excellent. I think we are looking at sports game of the year IMO. I look forward to your opinions when you pick it up.

steelerfan
09-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Ok, thanks. I play 15-minute halves (at least on 12), so I'm not going to get too concerned with what you're seeing, foul-wise, just yet.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Sorry Steeler, I should clarify that due to my crazy schedule the past few days I have been playing late at night and have only played the cpu. I haven't had the chance to play any of the guys on this site. Fouls may be different in hum vs hum matches. If I have the time tonight I will look for psusnoop, JB, clw, etc and see if we can get in a friendly. However, I will say it again, if your an offline FIFA career guy like myself, I beleive you will absolutely love FIFA 13. Plus this year I started with my club team CELTIC, in the Scottish premier league. No offense to MLS but it's just so much more fun to start in Europe. The announcing is better and more complete in the European leagues and the tournys are abundant.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Forgot to mention I put in a transfer offer for Peralta during the friendlies schedule. He's been my biggest transfer ever at 6.6 million. After that he wanted a new contract. The guy is costing me big bucks but every week there seems to be a story about him. Right now he is leading the Scottish league in assists. I also love the feature where you can set the starting 11 based on recommendations. The cpu will slide in players who have earned a start on the roster. Since the ratings are dynamic it's great to see you players increase and become studs on the field.

steelerfan
09-23-2012, 11:55 AM
That sounds good, jaymo. I didn't bother to renew my Season Ticket since the only time I could play this weekend would have been this morning. However, I will definitely be picking this up on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it.

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm playing 10 minute halves, not a ton of cards, but have seen the CPU get a red.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm playing 10 minute halves, not a ton of cards, but have seen the CPU get a red.

Have you played with the cpu/hum marking slider? I wonder if you tighten/loosen it, if it would impact how clean the players are in their tackles? If the fould could be fixed it would put this game on another level.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 01:19 PM
I love how the game feels totally different versus each team and the tactics they use. I had a 1-0 win versus Aberdeen (last in the league) and they took it to me and my guys were flat footed. Hooper saved my butt with a beautiful ball into the top corner or else I would have "earned" a draw. In this game you CANNOT underestimate weak teams. A weak team at home will take it to you. Also, if a keeper is hot he will destroy your team. Did I mention how freaking beautiful goalies move in this game? Wow!

steelerfan
09-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Jaymo, what skill level are you playing on?

Last year I saw it mentioned that the higher levels produced more fouls because the cpu was more aggressive.

CLW
09-23-2012, 02:49 PM
The game is very solid especially on the SLOW speed setting. I just need to find some good sliders b/c right now I either kill the CPU or get killed by the CPU depending on the difficulty level I pick.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. This is going to be my first game since FIFA 10, so I am very much looking forward to picking this up next Saturday.

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah. It is a tremendous game.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Jaymo, what skill level are you playing on?

Last year I saw it mentioned that the higher levels produced more fouls because the cpu was more aggressive.

That may be true. I'm not amazing at this game so I only play on pro. I have tinkered with some of the sliders but not many and have not as of yet seen any difference. I have seen a fair share of fouls but like I say, only one cpu yellow card thus far now in over ten matches.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah. It is a tremendous game.

:+1: :up:

steelerfan
09-23-2012, 04:05 PM
That may be true. I'm not amazing at this game so I only play on pro. I have tinkered with some of the sliders but not many and have not as of yet seen any difference. I have seen a fair share of fouls but like I say, only one cpu yellow card thus far now in over ten matches.

I'm going to try to play on World Class this year, I think. Last year, on Pro, the sliders I had helped the cpu. This year, I'll start on WC with sliders that likely help me.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm going to try to play on World Class this year, I think. Last year, on Pro, the sliders I had helped the cpu. This year, I'll start on WC with sliders that likely help me.

100% manual controls too? That will be tough on WC.

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 08:53 AM
100% manual controls too? That will be tough on WC.

I'm going to see. I may leave some things on Semi-Assisted (ie crosses).

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Messed with some sliders. I'm pretty happy after 2 games. I may post some results now that I'm starting to like them. The only things I messed with were marking, shot accuracy, passing accuracy.

jaymo76
09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
I dropped cpu pass accuracy down to 35 and that has really helped with breaking up cpu time of possession.

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I dropped cpu pass accuracy down to 35 and that has really helped with breaking up cpu time of possession.

I dropped both cpu and user to 40 I think. I've had close to 50/50 in each match.

jaymo76
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g8lOQyZLG28

Saw this on Pastapadre. It's a nice clip of some of the FIFA audio improvements.

SmoothPancakes
09-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Nice, I see FIFA finally got it's own home on the main forums, instead of living as a sub-forum in the Other Games section. :up:

jaymo76
09-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm going to see. I may leave some things on Semi-Assisted (ie crosses).

I have been struggling a little with passing on semi assisted. My passing is on avg about 60% while the cpu is at 80-90%. I also find ball control is a little more challenging this year. You really can't run and gun. Use the pass to set up speed or else you won't get past centre field.

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks for posting, jaymo. I'm looking forward to this and I'm actually considering, like a dumbass, going to midnight release tonight. :fp:

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks for posting, jaymo. I'm looking forward to this and I'm actually considering, like a dumbass, going to midnight release tonight. :fp:

Do it :nod:

You off tomorrow?

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 09:39 PM
You off tomorrow?

Fuck no. :(

If I was there'd be no question.

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Fuck no. :(

If I was there'd be no question.

I'm too low on time off to do so.

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm too low on time off to do so.

After my :sf: fiasco Labor Day weekend, I have to be there. :D

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLkfP3wXlU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfLkfP3wXlU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

L1 + left on the right stick is all you need. :nod:

jaymo76
09-24-2012, 11:14 PM

I'm tempted to swing by Best Buy after work but the wife works tomorrow night and I don't really have the time to play right now. I will probably have to wait a few weeks but once I pick it up we will have to get a few games in one night.

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm tempted to swing by Best Buy after work but the wife works tomorrow night and I don't really have the time to play right now. I will probably have to wait a few weeks but once I pick it up we will have to get a few games in one night.

Sounds good, brother.

I am leaving in a few minutes to pick it up. :deadhorse: :)

jaymo76
09-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Sounds good, brother.

I am leaving in a few minutes to pick it up. :deadhorse: :)

Look forward to your impressions. Try to get at least 1-2 minutes of sleep tonight.

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 11:43 PM
L1 + left on the right stick is all you need. :nod:

My bad. L2 + left on the right stick.

Hard to remember unless you're actually doing it in game :D

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Try to get at least 1-2 minutes of sleep tonight.

Wish me luck! :D

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Nottingham's first season game that counts was good and bad. The bad, 2 first half red cards by the LB & RB. The good, we somehow scored a goal with two men out and won 1-0 in the opener of the Capital One Cup.