PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 NHL Talk

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 08:57 AM
We'll just start this thread with this...

http://cdn.25stanley.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/gary-bettman-meme.jpg

psusnoop
09-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Man I hope they get this settled soon.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I have watched enough strikes in NHL over the years that my love of NHL hockey has really deteriated. At this point I really don't care if the season is lost or not. I'm just tired of the whole situation.

NatureBoy
09-28-2012, 12:13 PM
:drool::nod: Forget the NHL, I want to see Bikini Hockey League in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dAs90ILgGZ4#!

JBHuskers
09-28-2012, 12:28 PM
There will be a lot of pointing.

jaymo76
09-29-2012, 12:23 PM
:drool::nod: Forget the NHL, I want to see Bikini Hockey League in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dAs90ILgGZ4#!

Kind of reminds me of that MAD TV spoof a decade back... the NBTNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi_EKBP7dxU

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Interesting. ESPN strikes a deal to air KHL games.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
10-02-2012, 04:13 PM
So let me get this right. ESPN rarely, and barely ever even shows any fucking NHL highlights on Sportscenter and whatnot, and now they're going to air games from a Russian hockey league while the NHL is on strike? So that's what it takes to get ESPN to actually show some hockey stuff.

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
So let me get this right. ESPN rarely, and barely ever even shows any fucking NHL highlights on Sportscenter and whatnot, and now they're going to air games from a Russian hockey league while the NHL is on strike? So that's what it takes to get ESPN to actually show some hockey stuff.

They were trying hard to get a piece of NHL from NBC, but NBC passed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
10-02-2012, 06:06 PM
You have to remember, Sports Center is actually just a 30-minute commercial for what ESPN wants you to watch (ie what they show). They have no NHL deal so why steer your interest in that direction?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

psusnoop
10-17-2012, 06:25 AM
I would like to know more details, but this offer is best yet I think.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8512006/nhl-offers-players-50-50-split-hockey-related-revenue

JBHuskers
10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
So is 50/50 good enough for the players? What was the original offer that led to the lockout?

psusnoop
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
So is 50/50 good enough for the players? What was the original offer that led to the lockout?

You didn't read the article did you :fp:

It's in there with dates but I'll make you work for it :) :up:

steelerfan
10-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I doubt the players take this.

steelerfan
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
And, here ya go...

ESPN SC NHL - Union head Donald Fehr says league's latest offer results in "enormous reductions in player salaries"

SmoothPancakes
10-17-2012, 03:36 PM
They need just get this shit over with and cancel the entire damn season already. It's going to happen regardless, enough of this "maybe the season can be saved" bullshit.

SmoothPancakes
10-24-2012, 11:26 AM
And the New York Islanders are on their way to Brooklyn.

JBHuskers
10-24-2012, 11:52 AM
And the New York Islanders are on their way to Brooklyn.

To continue to twiddle their thumbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
To continue to pay Rick DiPietro to be injured.

Fixed.

psuexv
10-24-2012, 01:19 PM

Not sure on the exact numbers but the players get higher than 50/50 right now. Which is more than any other sport and I think 50/50 is more than any other sport.

JBHuskers
10-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Fixed.

:D

steelerfan
10-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Not sure on the exact numbers but the players get higher than 50/50 right now. Which is more than any other sport and I think 50/50 is more than any other sport.

The players were getting 57%, iirc, under the old deal.

SmoothPancakes
10-24-2012, 05:40 PM
The players were getting 57% (if correct) and now the owners want to propose 50/50? Are the owners fucking stupid? Yeah, okay, the players are really gonna agree to that.

JBHuskers
10-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Winter Classic is now going to be cancelled :fp:

ram29jackson
11-03-2012, 05:12 PM
the ice is slowly melting...

SmoothPancakes
11-03-2012, 07:29 PM
the ice is slowly melting...

The ice is gone. Honestly, this season is lost. I don't see them making a deal in time to save even half of the season. Just cancel the whole thing and get it over with.

JeffHCross
11-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Winter Classic is now going to be cancelled :fp:Saw it compared earlier today to cancelling the Super Bowl. Isn't it more like the Daytona 500?

steelerfan
11-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Saw it compared earlier today to cancelling the Super Bowl. Isn't it more like the Daytona 500?

The Winter Classic is kinda neat, but even I don't watch those outdoor games much unless the Pens are playing (they've played 2). Comparing it to the Super Bowl is way overboard.

JeffHCross
11-03-2012, 08:55 PM
The one thing I will say in favor of the Winter Classic is that it's practically the only NHL game I will watch, regardless of who is playing, before the playoffs. I love hockey, but I have difficulty getting into most NHL games now, because I follow the league less. Until the playoffs hit and then I watch as much as I can. But I go out of my way to watch the Winter Classic.

Which, in its defense, is what the article was really saying. How the Winter Classic is the one event that more than just hardcore NHL fans will tune into. And how there's a whole buildup to the game, plus the HBO 24/7 series.

But that's still really different from the Super Bowl.

jaymo76
11-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Saw this interview of a Canadian reporter interviewing a "sports fan" from LA. The fan was asked what he thought about the lockout after the Kings won the cup last year. The "fan" commented that he wasn't aware that the (Sacramento) Kings won the Stanley Cup last year.:fp: When pressed on the issue the fan basically admitted he didn't even know LA had a hockey team. Canadian fans will come back~ we're stupid... we always do. However, I can't help but wonder how much more damage the strike can do to American markets???

steelerfan
11-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Saw this interview of a Canadian reporter interviewing a "sports fan" from LA. The fan was asked what he thought about the lockout after the Kings won the cup last year. The "fan" commented that he wasn't aware that the (Sacramento) Kings won the Stanley Cup last year.:fp: When pressed on the issue the fan basically admitted he didn't even know LA had a hockey team. Canadian fans will come back~ we're stupid... we always do. However, I can't help but wonder how much more damage the strike can do to American markets???

LA is full of fucktards. It is not representative of the US as a whole.

JBHuskers
11-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Is this season even worth saving at this point?

SmoothPancakes
11-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Is this season even worth saving at this point?

Nope. Now that everything through mid-December is gone and the All-Star game is cancelled, just get the inevitable over with and just shut down the entire season for good. They're not going to work out a magical deal in time to save the remaining games. And even if they did, it'd be a sham of a season, teams playing only half a schedule, if that. Some NHL Champion that would end up being.

JBHuskers
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Today's report is talks went nowhere. Just give it up already.

ram29jackson
11-30-2012, 12:26 AM

if he is an actual sports fan, he has got be kidding in the first place ( being sarcastic ) that is entirely possible ?

SmoothPancakes
11-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Today's report is talks went nowhere. Just give it up already.

My thoughts exactly. It's pointless by now. Just give it up and work on getting a deal reached and getting stuff in line for next season.

steelerfan
11-30-2012, 12:47 PM

jaymo76
12-01-2012, 02:13 PM

Sad but true. Both sides are fully to blame IMO.

jaymo76
12-03-2012, 08:46 PM
6 players and 6 owners to meet on Tuesday. I just don't see anything coming from this.

steelerfan
12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
6 players and 6 owners to meet on Tuesday. I just don't see anything coming from this.

Yawn.

I agree, jaymo. Thank goodness for European football. I have plenty to take my mind off of the NHL.

JBHuskers
12-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Supposedly, the NHL is back January 19th.

SmoothPancakes
12-28-2012, 04:26 PM
For me, at this point, does anybody else even really care? A half season. I can't even get excited for it. The playoffs will be a sham because who knows exactly who the "best" team will be with trying to jump feet first into a season halfway through. It'd give me something to watch now on the nights that there isn't shit on TV, but other than that, I'm not gonna be following it as the season winds down and following the playoffs every step of the way like I normally am, at least not this season. Maybe next year I'll be back to 100% in interest, but this year, my interest in NHL at this point after all the bullshit is maybe 25-30%.

SmoothPancakes
01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Well holy fuck. The two sides managed to pull their heads out of their asses and actually come to a tentative agreement on a new CBA. Unfortunately, I've already pretty much lost interest in the NHL this year. I might watch the sham they try to pass off as playoffs after the worthless shortened season, but beyond that, the NHL doesn't exist to me until next fall.

jaymo76
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Well holy fuck. The two sides managed to pull their heads out of their asses and actually come to a tentative agreement on a new CBA. Unfortunately, I've already pretty much lost interest in the NHL this year. I might watch the sham they try to pass off as playoffs after the worthless shortened season, but beyond that, the NHL doesn't exist to me until next fall.

Then you're a better man than me Smooth. I have zero interest in watching any hockey this year period. The whole fiasco makes me sick.

SmoothPancakes
01-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Then you're a better man than me Smooth. I have zero interest in watching any hockey this year period. The whole fiasco makes me sick.

Yeah, I'm at least 0.5% interest right now. I'm not bothering wasting my time with any of the hackjob regular season crap. The playoffs, if I were to watch any, would probably be only the Stanley Cup Finals, maybe, very slightly maybe the Conference Finals. Other than that? Couldn't give two shits about the "season"

JeffHCross
01-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I'll watch the Cup Finals, that's it.

steelerfan
01-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I understand the aggravation with this whole situation, but in reality the regular season in the NHL is on par with that of college basketball: meaningless. At least this cuts a majority of that out.

jaymo76
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Just watching 48 games that are all in your conference and having to see your division rivals 7 times gives me zero interest in the season. Plus the fact that even after the cba there will not be a balanced schedule is maddening. Crosby coming to Vancouver once every three years :smh:

psusnoop
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
I know I'm pissed it took this long, but ill still watch each and every Pens game because I simply love the sport and team.

JBHuskers
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Supposedly, the NHL is back January 19th.

Not a bad source, wherever I got it from :D

steelerfan
01-23-2013, 12:40 AM
The Flyers are 0-3-0 with 3 GF and 11 GA.

:D :D :D

Die, fuckers.

JBHuskers
01-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Good thing it's not a four game season.

steelerfan
01-23-2013, 12:49 AM

Close. It's 48.

steelerfan
01-23-2013, 01:08 AM
The Flyers are 0-3-0 with 3 GF and 11 GA.

:D :D :D

Die, fuckers.

Close. It's 48.

Remember, an 0-3 start this year is basically equivalent to an 0-6 start in other years. ;)

JBHuskers
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llcuj3vt5n1qagjn7o1_500.gif

JBHuskers
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
From Bleacher Report, the Oilers have stolen a play from the Mighty Ducks kids :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/flyingv_zps3841e650.jpg

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
NHL 4 division re-alignment. The main thing to take form this is Detroit going to the East.

Division A is the Anaheim Ducks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, Phoenix Coyotes, San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks. All the teams are from either the Pacific time zone or Mountain time zone.

Division B features the Chicago Blackhawks, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, St. Louis Blues and Winnipeg Jets. Colorado is the only Mountain time zone team; the rest are from the Central time zone.

"It's much better for us," Stars defenseman Stephane Robidas said. "It's less travel, fewer trips out west; the time zones, the amount of time you spend on the plane after games. You don't have to wait in L.A., you can come back after games. It's all little things in the long run I think will help our team."

Division C has four Original Six franchises: Boston Bruins, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs. The Buffalo Sabres, Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators and Tampa Bay Lightning are also in the division.

The Columbus Blue Jackets, Carolina Hurricanes and Washington Capitals will join the New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins in Division D.

SmoothPancakes
03-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Handy little graphic from the NHL.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18hh89a2yd8wgjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Colorado gets boned. Florida and Tampa get SERIOUSLY fucked over.

JBHuskers
03-14-2013, 05:03 PM
So pretty.

psusnoop
03-15-2013, 08:09 AM
I like this new realignment, I think it will be good in the long run.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Florida and Tampa will get some great frequent flyer miles :D

JeffHCross
03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Florida and Tampa get SERIOUSLY fucked over.No more screwed than they already were, really. The Florida teams have pretty much been screwed since Atlanta left anyway.

JBHuskers
03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
No more screwed than they already were, really. The Florida teams have pretty much been screwed since Atlanta left anyway.

Well. It is hockey. In Florida.

steelerfan
03-16-2013, 04:05 AM
No more screwed than they already were, really. The Florida teams have pretty much been screwed since Atlanta left anyway.

You really think so? Being in a division with Washington and Carolina is the same for them as being with Toronto and Ottawa? I can't agree.

This is a result of the league's unwillingness to split up NYR/NYI/NJD (which I understand). However, it would have made more sense if the Islanders and Rangers were in that "Northeast" division and the Florida teams in the "Atlantic".

SmoothPancakes
03-16-2013, 04:13 AM
You really think so? Being in a division with Washington and Carolina is the same for them as being with Toronto and Ottawa? I can't agree.

This is a result of the league's unwillingness to split up NYR/NYI/NJD (which I understand). However, it would have made more sense if the Islanders and Rangers were in that "Northeast" division and the Florida teams in the "Atlantic".

This, exactly this. It would make much more sense to have the NY and Florida teams trade places. At least then the Florida teams would have semi-reasonable division opponents in Carolina, Washington, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, etc.

Instead they get to make a whole bunch of long hauls up to Detroit, Buffalo, Boston and three Canadian teams (and those teams all get to make a bunch of long hauls down to Florida).

It wouldn't be MUCH better than it is now, since the Florida teams are still so isolated regardless, but the NY and Florida teams trading places would make for much more logical divisions.

SmoothPancakes
04-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Leave it to Bettman to fuck up a good thing. Now instead of just the Winter Classic and the Heritage Classic, there's going to be 6 outdoor contests next season. Talk about taking a good event and watering down the shit out of it. :fp:

steelerfan
04-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Leave it to Bettman to fuck up a good thing. Now instead of just the Winter Classic and the Heritage Classic, there's going to be 6 outdoor contests next season. Talk about taking a good event and watering down the shit out of it. :fp:

The Winter Classic was cool for about 2 years. Since then, it's just dumb. I never watch it unless the Pens are playing.

You have to remember the point of it. It's an attempt to get Joe Nascar, the beer-swilling redneck, to watch hockey. Kind of like the stupidity of playing basketball on an aircraft carrier.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
04-17-2013, 03:26 AM
The Winter Classic was cool for about 2 years. Since then, it's just dumb. I never watch it unless the Pens are playing.

You have to remember the point of it. It's an attempt to get Joe Nascar, the beer-swilling redneck, to watch hockey. Kind of like the stupidity of playing basketball on an aircraft carrier.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it's gone past the point of being good. This 6 outdoor games in a year thing are only going to shove it over a cliff.

Well, that would explain why they're doing one of 6 outdoor games, between the Kings and Ducks, in L.A. :fp:

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
First time since 1997 that the Original Six have made the playoffs.

psusnoop
05-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Great Hockey games last night!! Fun to watch for sure. The Kings took a beating last night as St. Louis completely hammered them all night only to have LA tie the game in the third to force OT and in case any of you guys missed it on Sportscenter this morning, watch Quick being a dumbass :fp:

I might add that LA just got a 4 minute powerplay from a highstick with blood when this all occurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfxf-B9WRU

This was also the first win for St. Louis in the last 7 contests against LA including the sweep by LA last year in the playoffs and the 3 games this regular season.

psusnoop
05-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Detroit just appears to slow IMO, Frazen and Flippula don't look good at all. I could easily see the Ducks sweeping this series imo.

Minnesota showed a lot of grit last night but lost a heartbreaker in OT as well. It's only 1 game but this one is going to sting Wild. Mike Yeo really has to sell his teams effort last night if he wants to avoid this being a quick series.

JBHuskers
05-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Very interesting. Avs hire Patrick Roy to be their HC and VP of hockey operations.

steelerfan
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Very interesting. Avs hire Patrick Roy to be their HC and VP of hockey operations.

PR/Publicity Stunt.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

psuexv
05-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Detroit just appears to slow IMO, Frazen and Flippula don't look good at all. I could easily see the Ducks sweeping this series imo.

:dunno:

psusnoop
05-24-2013, 10:49 AM
PR/Publicity Stunt.

Couldn't agree more, with Alain Vigneault out there now they should have been going after him big time! Stars are licking their chops imo because they are in a good place to possibly have a chance to persuade him to Dallas.

psusnoop
05-24-2013, 10:52 AM
:dunno:

If you watched those early games you would agree 100% that they were not playing with the same intensity they are now. I've watched so many games this season and damn near all of the postseason games that I stand by what I said at the time.

For instance, if you watch the LA and SJ games they are playing with so much speed and intensity that it's scary. LA is going to be tough to beat 4 times. They are relentless and they have Quick who has been playing superb as well.

psuexv
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
If you watched those early games you would agree 100% that they were not playing with the same intensity they are now. I've watched so many games this season and damn near all of the postseason games that I stand by what I said at the time.

For instance, if you watch the LA and SJ games they are playing with so much speed and intensity that it's scary. LA is going to be tough to beat 4 times. They are relentless and they have Quick who has been playing superb as well.

I don't disagree with you that they looked bad early on, just funny with where they are now.

psusnoop
05-24-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't disagree with you that they looked bad early on, just funny with where they are now.

I really hope we get an LA vs Det matchup because you have the older group vs the younger group. It could be a really fun series to watch. Then Boston vs Pitt would be another great matchup. At this point as a Pens fan I'm biased but I'm also realistic that I hope the Pens D doesn't cost us a series. There are times where they just ho hum skate around but at the same time I think they are just trying to keep things out of the center of the ice too.

psusnoop
05-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Well the Pens put together another gem last night and are book for the Conference Finals.

Go Pens!!!

ram29jackson
05-25-2013, 09:14 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img197/3874/11111111111111aaaaaahhh.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/11111111111111aaaaaahhh.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

psusnoop
05-28-2013, 03:03 AM
And just like that Detroit goes from looking like a huge threat to being on the verge of a huge collapse. With a 3-1 series lead the Red Wings in my opinion have not played with a sense of urgency and I'm afraid it's going to cost them a spot in the Western Conference Finals.

Right now I'm thankful that both The Pens and Bruins have had virtually the same amount of down time. I don't like long layoffs for my team in the playoffs but since they both haven't played in a while I'm feeling better about it.

ram29jackson
05-28-2013, 04:05 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/8210/1212121233333.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/1212121233333.png/)

ram29jackson
05-28-2013, 10:44 PM
http://postmediawindsorstar.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kingsweb1.jpg?w=945

psusnoop
06-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Well this blows, down 3-0 and this series is all but over. Would like to win one damn game though :smh:

ram29jackson
06-09-2013, 07:44 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2741985/chihawksg1_medium.gif

ram29jackson
06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2742919/hawkswin5_medium.gif

ram29jackson
06-09-2013, 07:55 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2742883/hawksotwin_medium.gif

ram29jackson
06-12-2013, 10:38 PM
2nd overtime :bang:

JBHuskers
06-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Love it. Hope it keeps going. That OT period was insane.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ram29jackson
06-13-2013, 12:01 AM
finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.glitters123.com/glitter_graphics/NHL/NHL-Glitters-2.gif

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2013, 12:35 AM
:D Leave it to Ram to post a sparkly gif. http://thecenternetwork.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/***_hand.gif

steelerfan
06-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Let's not start with the homoerotic pejoratives, Smooth. We've been told - they're NOT nice.

ram29jackson
06-13-2013, 01:01 AM
while it is called exciting, after a period and a half its just silly. Just dead tired guys skating around not wanting to be the one who makes the mistake.

SmoothPancakes
06-13-2013, 01:06 AM
while it is called exciting, after a period and a half its just silly. Just dead tired guys skating around not wanting to be the one who makes the mistake.

Welcome to the world of sports buddy. It happens. They would find a way to suck a second or third wind out of themselves and get the job done. If you can't fight through the tiredness and pain, then you don't deserve to win.

texacotea
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM

obviously you have never done anything semi competitive. At the point in time when all is going on all you feel is the adrenaline. And nothing will slow you down till the end. While you may think its silly I dont think the sold out crowd did, or anyone on either team.

JBHuskers
06-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Hell I didn't want the game to end. It was very entertaining. Did you even watch it Ram, or just was following ESPN scorecenter posting random pics? :D

ram29jackson
06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
obviously you have never done anything semi competitive. At the point in time when all is going on all you feel is the adrenaline. And nothing will slow you down till the end. While you may think its silly I dont think the sold out crowd did, or anyone on either team.

LOL you are taking something personally and having quite a hissy fit. Dude ,I'm an intellectually sound adult who has been around the block many more times then you. I made a passing simple comment just to interact that I in fact did see the game. LOL I don't give a damn how well conditioned an athlete you are, after 5 1/2 you are dead. Adrenaline or what ever, nothing really helps you at that stage/length of time. You are over analyzing that I put the word silly in my comment.

I have nothing against you texacotea so calm down, step back and take a breather. If you don't like something about how or what I post, that's your personal problem. I don't dislike you and have done nothing to you and you are making silly judgements not knowing anything about me based on some text on a screen. Take it easy dude and have a good day :)

ram29jackson
06-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Hell I didn't want the game to end. It was very entertaining. Did you even watch it Ram, or just was following ESPN scorecenter posting random pics? :D

:nod: I did watch it, I was a little peeved at Chicago getting a couple- too many men on the ice penalties during overtime.

ram29jackson
06-15-2013, 09:52 PM
ooohhhh cooome ooon ! OT again

JBHuskers
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Looks like the Flyers and Briere are parting ways. They are going to buy out his contract to save $6.5M on the cap over the next two years.

ram29jackson
06-19-2013, 10:32 PM
YYEESS!!

ram29jackson
06-24-2013, 11:13 PM
and.... YYYEEESSS!!! nice finish to the whole thing !

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story/_/id/9419543/2013-nhl-playoffs-patrick-kane-chicago-blackhawks-wins-conn-smythe-trophy

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/6/24/4461398/blackhawks-bruins-game-6-recap-chicago-wins-the-stanley-cup

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/15329649/171460255.0_standard_500.0.jpg

JBHuskers
06-24-2013, 11:48 PM
That was an insane couple of goals. Figured after it was tied up, it'd be a marathon game with Boston coming out on top.

ram29jackson
06-24-2013, 11:55 PM
That was an insane couple of goals. Figured after it was tied up, it'd be a marathon game with Boston coming out on top.

not this time

jaymo76
06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
John Tortarella... vcr media should be very afraid...

ram29jackson
06-28-2013, 01:18 PM
http://www.chicagonow.com/4star-explorer/files/2013/06/facebook_-2040055858-624x415.jpg

ram29jackson
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www.gowherehiphop.com/sites/default/files/styles/blog_gallery_main/public/22.jpg

jaymo76
07-02-2013, 05:26 PM
A huge shock seeing Schneider moved to the Devils. Apparenty the Canucks owner has since flown to Florida to convince Luongo that the team is his again...???...

JBHuskers
07-02-2013, 05:33 PM
A huge shock seeing Schneider moved to the Devils. Apparenty the Canucks owner has since flown to Florida to convince Luongo that the team is his again...???...

I think the owner saw me deal him to Snoop in GM Connected, and figured it was a good idea.

JBHuskers
07-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Nice!

psusnoop
07-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I think the owner saw me deal him to Snoop in GM Connected, and figured it was a good idea.

Wait, I tried to land him and you shunned me in the trade hahahaha I wish I had him!!

JBHuskers
07-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Wait, I tried to land him and you shunned me in the trade hahahaha I wish I had him!!

:D I thought we made a deal later on?

steelerfan
07-02-2013, 07:20 PM

psusnoop
07-02-2013, 08:53 PM

:fp: you never sent me the counter offer so I figured you weren't interested :)

psuexv
07-02-2013, 10:06 PM

:fp: and he wonders why he doesn't make the playoffs

steelerfan
07-03-2013, 12:09 AM
:fp: and he wonders why he doesn't make the playoffs

I would think you would, at least, need to know what players you have. :dunno:

JBHuskers
07-03-2013, 10:04 AM
I would think you would, at least, need to know what players you have. :dunno:

That was last season, we're already 50 games into this season. That memory is long gone :D

steelerfan
07-03-2013, 03:33 PM
That was last season, we're already 50 games into this season. That memory is long gone :D

Didn't notice he's still on your roster?

JBHuskers
07-04-2013, 12:45 AM
Didn't notice he's still on your roster?

No I traded him. Must have been to another GM :D I think it was whoever controls Chicago. He was just a high priced backup anyways, no need for him when I have Luongo.