PDA

View Full Version : Real world playbook changes not included in the game?

coogrfan
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
New Houston def. coordinator Brian Stewart has installed a 3-4 defense, but in the game the Coogs still run a 4-3. Has anyone else run across any such issues? Is it possible for EA to fix this via a tuner update or patch?

I OU a Beatn
07-16-2010, 09:32 AM
It's probably possible, but I doubt they will, especially since you can easily switch it right before you start the game.

SirHellraiser
07-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Longhorns are now running pro set and not spread

coogrfan
07-16-2010, 09:38 AM
It's probably possible, but I doubt they will, especially since you can easily switch it right before you start the game.

True, but it still needs to be fixed if at all possible. Most folks who are playing against UH in dynasties probably don't even know about the change. It also means that the d-line rotation is completely screwed up (several guys who are listed as DT's on the default roster will in fact be playing at DE this season).

AustinWolv
07-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Longhorns are now running pro set and not spread

Built around Gilbert?

I vaguely recall he played out of the shotgun in high school.....at least I seem to remember that in the one game I saw.

SirHellraiser
07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
From the news report they will be running a pro style Offense for gilbert below is the article. How true this is I am not sure i was not at spring practice this year.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/could-texas-longhorns-lead-trend-away-fr.html

AustinWolv
07-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Kid is pretty mobile, but not nearly as much as McCoy, so I can see why. Plus, they have solid WRs, but I think they shouldn't build a SG offense around them by any means.

SirHellraiser
07-16-2010, 10:18 AM
i agree with ya we will see how he handles it. I wonder when we will see Mccoy Jr in action

JBHuskers
07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah a definite wishlist item for NCAA 12 is "120 ways to defend"

Keontez
07-17-2010, 07:18 AM

definitely, it kinda irks me that they didnt add the predator to the 3-4 from Madden, a 2-high safety look to the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 and the packages in the 4-3, or all the defenses for that matter are disappointing.

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 01:58 AM
New Houston def. coordinator Brian Stewart has installed a 3-4 defense, but in the game the Coogs still run a 4-3. Has anyone else run across any such issues? Is it possible for EA to fix this via a tuner update or patch?Something like this would definitely be a patch, not a tuner set.

Tuners are slight modifications to the backend AI, for lack of a better description. In a lot of ways, tuner sets are more detailed versions of sliders.

Dr Death
07-21-2010, 06:03 AM

"120 realistic ways to defend"

Just to clarify... :nod:

AustinWolv
07-21-2010, 07:59 AM
"120 realistic ways to defend"

Just to clarify... :nod:

And it starts with redoing the animations and how the players move, just like was done for offense.

Then moving into gap control, alignments, assignments, etc.....just like was done with Real AI blocking assignments.....

Marlowe
07-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Texas was still running spread formations in the Spring game but there was alot of emphasis on the 2 back sets. Mack said in an interview that he never wanted to be in the same situation that he found himself in back in January. Every year they say they're focusing on the run. This year they decided that meant a pro style offense. If you ask me the problem isn't the formations it's the OL.

AustinWolv
07-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Seems it has been a consistent issue of being soft on the OL since early this decade.

Sinister
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM

yeah definitly they are far away from that its just getting footwork right , zone depth, techinique and gap control will go a long way for defense

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
And it starts with redoing the animations and how the players move, just like was done for offense.

Then moving into gap control, alignments, assignments, etc.....just like was done with Real AI blocking assignments.....This. This. This.