PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 13 Demo Impressions

steelerfan
09-11-2012, 05:58 PM
The demo is now available. Post your impressions here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm downloading it now, but I have plans tonight so I won't get to it until tomorrow. I'm anxious to see what my FIFA brethren think so get on it!

bdoughty
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Downloading it tonight. It is finally good to be a Man City fan in regards to FIFA ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeOC0c8hgc

steelerfan
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks for posting that. I like where Chelsea is rated as well, in relation to City.

CLW
09-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm downloading it now, but I have plans tonight so I won't get to it until tomorrow. I'm anxious to see what my FIFA brethren think so get on it!

I think I will DOMINATE the FIFA 13 TGT Cup/League as well! :nod:

psusnoop
09-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I think I will DOMINATE the FIFA 13 TGT Cup/League as well! :nod:

Cough cough BS

CLW
09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Cough cough BS

It's true! It's true! :nod:

steelerfan
09-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Got to play 2 matches on the demo tonight and I love what I saw. I'll play some more tomorrow and post some specific thoughts.

JBHuskers
09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Really enjoyed the demo. Played some on the 360 last night. The gameplay seems to have more energy in it compared to last year.

CLW
09-13-2012, 10:32 AM
So are we getting a FIFA 13 league up and running again once the game drops? Need to decide whether to actually buy it at launch or just rent it from GameFly.

psuexv
09-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I think they need to add HGH testing in FIFA :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eOKacN9ue9k

jaymo76
09-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I've been so busy that I haven't even donwloaded it yet. So overall how does the demo compare to 12? Primarily is the cpu being called for fouls and are there a lot of cards being issued??? These were the two biggest issues in FIFA 12.

CLW
09-16-2012, 06:57 AM
I've been so busy that I haven't even donwloaded it yet. So overall how does the demo compare to 12? Primarily is the cpu being called for fouls and are there a lot of cards being issued??? These were the two biggest issues in FIFA 12.

The games are VERY short but there are more fouls being called. In fact, the CPU got called for one against my goal keeper (I don't think I saw that once all year last year). The game felt pretty smooth but other than the 1st touches being looser I didn't really see that much difference. Going to be a very solid title.

jaymo76
09-16-2012, 11:47 AM
The games are VERY short but there are more fouls being called. In fact, the CPU got called for one against my goal keeper (I don't think I saw that once all year last year). The game felt pretty smooth but other than the 1st touches being looser I didn't really see that much difference. Going to be a very solid title.

Well if the foul frequency issue or lack thereof has been fixed then this game will be over the top.

steelerfan
09-16-2012, 01:00 PM
After 5-6 matches, here are my thoughts, in no particular order:

- Gameplay feels much better as First Touch Control really is a game-changing addition. I have already seen chances develop that never would have in 12 because of a misplayed through ball by the defense. Love it.

- Tactical Free Kicks will be very fun, though I have no idea what I'm doing yet.

- Air balls are more useful this year and crosses are too. It feels, to me, as though crosses have been tuned in some way. I'm not sure if it's trajectory or if it's just the increased pass speeds this year, but something is different - in a good way.

- I like the fact that the match times are able to be adjusted, in 30-minute intervals, to anything from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM. You'll also be able to change the Season (Summer, Winter, etc.) in the retail version. I'm not sure how this affects lighting etc. just yet but hopefully it does.

- The Skills Games are going to be alot of fun and they're very well done, from what is in the demo.

- The jury is out, for me, on bookings - though I have seen more fouls and variety of fouls. I had a foul called on one of my players for going over an opponent (think over the back in basketball) to get to a goal kick. I never saw that last year. Until I can play 15-minute halves, and know the strictness of the referee, I can't say bookings are better. I've had 1 yellow card issued in 30-36 minutes of play which is about 1 match worth of play time for me so it's tough to say yet.

I'll post more as I think of things. Overall, I'm very pleased and 13 will probably take up 85% of my gaming time, just like 12 did.

JBHuskers
09-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I think it's going to be tough to get a full grasp on bookings in the demo.

steelerfan
09-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I think it's going to be tough to get a full grasp on bookings in the demo.

Yeah, me too. Too many factors that you can't account for.

That said, I played another match last night and the CPU took on a yellow. It does seem slightly better, but without being able to play my usual 15-minute halves and without knowing the strictness of the ref in the demo, I can't say. My first match with the retail version will be with a very strict referee. :nod: