PDA

View Full Version : Madden Title Update tomorrow

psuexv
09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Word is they are going to announce that you will be able to edit players in the future. Now when that actual date is :dunno:

mymaddenpad: Madden 13 Title Update #2 Comes Out Tomorrow Along with News To Edit Players in Future http://ow.ly/1mnH9U

Rudy
09-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Fixes almost nothing. These are only a few issues fixed after the game went gold and almost no issues fixed since the public got their hands on it. Cpu play calling tendencies on 1st and 2nd down (80% run for most teams) is the one big thing that is really hurting the game for me. How much longer am I going to have to wait for the first real patch to get a game that was ready? It wasn't ready August 28th, that's for sure.

Honestly, the NCAA series has been a mess at release most of this generation. Madden 12 was very polished imo but Madden 13 has been an absolute mess between features gone and issues with the game. This patch generation has really been bittersweet for me as games are rushed out the door with problems far too easily. Someone remind me of this post next year when I think about buying an EA football game at launch. It just makes no sense for me to buy a game at launch as I just end up getting annoyed at certain issues. I can't help myself. I will no longer pre-order any football game from EA and I will do my very best to wait until the first real patch to buy it. This is just annoying.

(I'll probably cave in 2013 but I'll try not to).

I OU a Beatn
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Absolute garbage of a patch. No improved zone? No improved pass rush? No improved man coverage? No improved blitz angles? Ugh.

souljahbill
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I wish NCAA '05 was patchable.

Rudy
09-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't understand why EA wasted two patches on this stuff. A release day patch and then another two week patch based on issues between gold and release? That seems like a real waste unless they have a deal for three or four free patches.

ram29jackson
09-10-2012, 06:40 PM
am I wrong or is madden having the same problem that ncaa had where you players on defense would become QB spies depending on what the offense/another user on offense calls ?

I OU a Beatn
09-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Haven't seen that in Madden.

jaymo76
09-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't understand why EA wasted two patches on this stuff. A release day patch and then another two week patch based on issues between gold and release? That seems like a real waste unless they have a deal for three or four free patches.

I guess this is why EA didn't release any details earlier. Apparently fixing some issues with gameface and tinkering with some stability issues is now patchworthy? Really this patch seems like a total waste. Fix the glaring gameplay issues; fix all of the OFFLINE CCM issues; add in editing now... that's a worthy patch.

jaymo76
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Lack of anything in this patch will keep me from bying this game. I suspect now that at some point EDITING will be patched but if we are talking October/November it will be too late. I will probably pick up FIFA 13 and then I'm good for sports gaming until NCAA 14.

Rudy
09-10-2012, 07:52 PM
The patch details are expected to be released tomorrow. On OS they seem to hint that they are looking at certain things (post 157 http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/575766-madden-nfl-13-title-update-2-arrives-tomorrow-player-editing-still-being-explored-8.html#post2044146424) like fixing the camera and hopefully the AI in franchise. Right now the sliders and difficulty are programmed different in franchise mode than Play Now and franchise is playing out too easy, especially in All-Madden. They said they hope to announce something soon and I'll take a server side fix and force myself to play online franchise if I have to.

ram29jackson
09-10-2012, 08:19 PM
and...what difference would it make if they made it possible to edit in CCM if it keeps reseting every week ? LOL

skipwondah33
09-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Absolute garbage of a patch. No improved zone? No improved pass rush? No improved man coverage? No improved blitz angles? Ugh.

Your having trouble with Man? Are you Shading? I love the fact that it actually works this version, it's been great the times I'm using it. Zone hit or miss. I'm still testing coverages and other things so I haven't been calling it much to stop things but rather set up Hybrids.

And no Pass rush? I'm getting anywhere from 4-5 sacks a game, at times 1 player will have multiples. These are stock blitzes to. Like Cross Fire that the Steelers run. My DE's are also getting pressure.

Again I know you play ranked, All-Pro games. But I'm not seeing those things

skipwondah33
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
am I wrong or is madden having the same problem that ncaa had where you players on defense would become QB spies depending on what the offense/another user on offense calls ?

Haven't seen that either

I OU a Beatn
09-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Your having trouble with Man? Are you Shading? I love the fact that it actually works this version, it's been great the times I'm using it. Zone hit or miss. I'm still testing coverages and other things so I haven't been calling it much to stop things but rather set up Hybrids.

And no Pass rush? I'm getting anywhere from 4-5 sacks a game, at times 1 player will have multiples. These are stock blitzes to. Like Cross Fire that the Steelers run. My DE's are also getting pressure.

Again I know you play ranked, All-Pro games. But I'm not seeing those things

You're not playing the offenses I play, which is why you're not seeing problems with man. Get in a 4 receiver set with a corner and a streak to one side and then a drag and crossing pattern or slant to the other. It's impossible to stop. I haven't punted in at least 5 games doing variations of it. Zone is absolutely horrible and isn't even used in random games because of how bad it is. I run it once or twice a game just to try to throw my opponent off and I usually end up getting burned.

I have success blitzing, but it's because my opponent is usually a retard. I have absolutely all day to throw against virtually any blitz with spread sets and a RB in to block.

Defense is just horrible, it really is. I've literally resorted to making sure I score every possession and then sitting in Dime Cover 2 Man with my DT set as a spy, my ends in purple zones, and then just rushing the one DT and waiting for them to make a mistake.

I guess if you're playing someone and you're willing to ignore certain things it can be fun, but against a random online opponent, offense is virtually unstoppable if you know what you're doing. I've thrown for 500+ yards in 5 of my 20 games, and I've only had 1 finished game where I didn't throw for 300 and in that game I ran clock the entire second half.

gigemaggs99
09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Maybe it is the "patch generation"...the thing that scares me is the ONLINE ONLY stuff they seem to be leaning towards.

It is disgusting how much they charge for the new games that aren't "refined" or patched yet....when you could just wait a few months after release, buy it at a cheaper price and probably get a decent game.

I do know you can get Madden '10 VERY cheap and '12 is going down all the time. Once '12 is no longer supported online then it will really drop in price. That again is what scares me, in the future if games are online only and then they stop being supported they will be worth $0.00. At least you can play '10 and '12 offline so they are still worth something.

My hope is for them to really fix things up nice, maybe via patches and get a good working game, online AND offline. Then I'll just keep them, for later years when/if the ONLINE only stuff comes out...I'll still have something to play.

What if, they come out with an ONLINE only version that like these requires multiple patches to make it decent or in some cases playable...what do you do in the mean time? I think this ONLINE only thing is walking a thin line.

skipwondah33
09-11-2012, 12:35 PM
You're not playing the offenses I play, which is why you're not seeing problems with man. Get in a 4 receiver set with a corner and a streak to one side and then a drag and crossing pattern or slant to the other. It's impossible to stop. I haven't punted in at least 5 games doing variations of it. Zone is absolutely horrible and isn't even used in random games because of how bad it is. I run it once or twice a game just to try to throw my opponent off and I usually end up getting burned.

I have success blitzing, but it's because my opponent is usually a retard. I have absolutely all day to throw against virtually any blitz with spread sets and a RB in to block.

Defense is just horrible, it really is. I've literally resorted to making sure I score every possession and then sitting in Dime Cover 2 Man with my DT set as a spy, my ends in purple zones, and then just rushing the one DT and waiting for them to make a mistake.

I guess if you're playing someone and you're willing to ignore certain things it can be fun, but against a random online opponent, offense is virtually unstoppable if you know what you're doing. I've thrown for 500+ yards in 5 of my 20 games, and I've only had 1 finished game where I didn't throw for 300 and in that game I ran clock the entire second half.No I'm certainly not playing against lobby cheese-type Offenses or on All-Pro. I never will. And I believe you when you say your seeing these things by evidence of the Pats/Redskins video you put up. There's no way in hell I'd continue to play after seing some of the stuff that happened in that game...Defenders not being "aware" it seems and the godly pass blocking.

I'm not playing bums by any stretch either and they definitely hold their own when they choose to play lobby ball outside of the Community. Game just plays differently when on All-Madden in a User vs User case. And that particular scenario you are referring to I would use a Man-Zone Hybrid likely using Shading for the WR's, then helping out with the MLB depending upon the WR getting released to the middle, etc.

In the numerous games I have played though neither my opponent or I have had as much time as I was seeing in your Pats/Skins video.

I've gotten consistent pressure with only 3 down lineman (Jaguars, Jets and Chiefs) to name a few. All depending on how my coverage is set up. I don't run F@G D and the minimal number of guys I have rushing is 2 (when in the 2-3-6 Will formation).

Not about ignoring things, just not seeing those things because even though we are playing the same game...we are playing an entirely different game. And another reason I don't play ranked games.

I will say this, given the ease of throwing the WR off of his route sort of speak, does make coverage a bit tougher. Still though I think people feel it's easier because CB's, LB's are no longer running routes before WR's and being able to turn around/see the ball and intercept it without ever actually seeing the ball. Those that developed habits from past versions of being able to call a certain D and know it would likely work are struggling...especially those who have been using the Raiders and their magical speed-psychic CB's.

If you have the game for PS3 we can (pretty sure you have it for 360 though) let me know and we can get a game in.

I OU a Beatn
09-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I didn't say you ignored the issues...I'm saying that when you're playing with people you know are going to play sim, you tend to avoid running certain things. I know when I'm playing with buddies that I won't even run half the stuff I'll run in a lobby game. It's not "cheese" by any stretch of the imagination, but it is impossible to stop because of how bad the AI is unless I make a bad read.

I have messed around on All Madden and I didn't see much of a difference to be honest. The pass rush is still negated by slide protecting outside and then keeping a RB in to block. Drags murder any kind of defense so even if you do occasionally get pressure, I have at least 2 short throws that get open every single time on virtually every play I run.

There's no doubt part of my problem is playing random people. But...it's a feature within the game. It's a feature that has obvious problems, aka no defense. I definitely feel as though all aspects of defense need to be tuned so that zone is better, man is better(not getting beat deep all the time), and the pass rush works as it should.

Rudy
09-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Fixes: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/576092-madden-nfl-13-title-update-2-details.html#post2044152531

Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
Improved the GameFace feature
Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
Improved Physics Get-up post play
Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

Also, the patch is now out for both systems. Can we change the title to reflect that?

gschwendt
09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Here's the patch notes...
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8974098.page;jsessionid=CCBE26072362E3DE511B8B0A62 70213F

Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
Improved the GameFace feature
Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
Improved Physics Get-up post play
Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

skipwondah33
09-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I didn't say you ignored the issues...I'm saying that when you're playing with people you know are going to play sim, you tend to avoid running certain things. I know when I'm playing with buddies that I won't even run half the stuff I'll run in a lobby game. It's not "cheese" by any stretch of the imagination, but it is impossible to stop because of how bad the AI is unless I make a bad read.

I have messed around on All Madden and I didn't see much of a difference to be honest. The pass rush is still negated by slide protecting outside and then keeping a RB in to block. Drags murder any kind of defense so even if you do occasionally get pressure, I have at least 2 short throws that get open every single time on virtually every play I run.

There's no doubt part of my problem is playing random people. But...it's a feature within the game. It's a feature that has obvious problems, aka no defense. I definitely feel as though all aspects of defense need to be tuned so that zone is better, man is better(not getting beat deep all the time), and the pass rush works as it should.Gotcha.

Yeah we're playing against two totally different types. I never really thought there was a such thing as a "money" play sort of speak. I mean I know Draws and Counters seemed to worked overly well in last version as do Stretch plays. Then again it may just seem better because they actually work in general this version. Don't recall Stretch plays ever working in versions past.

I notice a great difference between All-Pro and All-Madden. I find on All-Madden that things don't come as grossly easy in comparisons to other modes.

On another note the past two weeks we have been playing through the game finding known glitches/issues that will be added to the version's rule book. Through research apparently people are using a similar setup that you mentioned above in ranked games. 4 WR set with 2 WR's on Streaks and 2 on Corner Routes (not Bench I don't believe). Either the Streak will be open against press man or the Corner will be open. I've seen some mention playing F@G D or Nano blitzing to try stopping. Given the ease of directional passing I can see this as being a problem to stop.

I OU a Beatn
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
The streaks aren't bad. It's things like drags, crossing routes, corners, and any combination of them that are big red alerts. I have a few plays that involve whip routes that are a guaranteed 15 yards against any type of man coverage, be it press, cover 2 man, cover 0, whatever...The only way to defend it is to manually cover it. If someone knows what they're doing and really wants to be an asshole, they're unstoppable.

That's why I do have to kind of chuckle every time I see someone blatantly trying to abuse the AI. I will generally only run my really good stuff against them, so all they're doing is screwing themselves over.

I do know the Read Option is WAY overpowered on Madden '13. It's ridiculous how hard some of that stuff is to stop, especially when you have to contend with the potential of them passing and/or scrambling with the QB.

Seriously, though...go into practice using the Patriots playbook and use the Patriots as your team. Select the Bengals as your opponent(best defense in the game, IMO). Run Shotgun Ace Wing TE PA Pats Corner and then select any man defense from any formation you want. Hot route the RB in to block to get rid of the PA and watch how wide the hell open the TE gets. Also watch for the glitchy looking animation the defender will do when the TE makes his cut. That's just one of many. In the rare instances he's not open, the receiver running the deep slant to corner route will be.

skipwondah33
09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
I do know the Read Option is WAY overpowered on Madden '13. It's ridiculous how hard some of that stuff is to stop, especially when you have to contend with the potential of them passing and/or scrambling with the QB.The Read Option is very overpowered. That is one of the first things we have found in our Rules lab discussions. The manner in which the Defense plays it is the issue.

In a lab test between me and another member, I used the Jets/Tebow, he used Seahawks (Wilson).

I ran with Tebow every single play except 1. I used a combination of Jet Heavy, Wildcat formations and Read Option from Shotgun 4 WR. Tebow had 25 carries for 170 yards. Granted 77 came from 1 run and 31 from another. The Seahawks DE's and LB's played it atrociously completely ignoring the QB and chasing the RB to the other side of the formation. The play was highly successful when I motioned a WR over to the side Tebow would be running to, it was wide open nearly everytime.

Now my Defense shutdown Wilson when he tried to run it and that was with me calling normal plays as I typically would. Meanwhile he showed blitz and send a Renegade type blitz almost every play later in the game.

So yeah the Read Option is pretty successful basically