PDA

View Full Version : David Akers better be a 99 distance rating next week !!

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 05:10 PM
63 yard field goal !

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
63 yard field goal isn't all too amazing anymore. Multiple kickers have hit 63 yard fields goals in recent years.

JeffHCross
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
63 yard field goal isn't all too amazing anymore.It's still the record. And Janikowski is the only other one to do it since Elam's in 1998. So "multiple" is a stretch. Plus, both Janikowski and Elam did it at Mile High.

I support Ram's call for a 99, though I'd also give it to Janikowski.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 06:47 PM
make it 98 since he hit the cross bar :D

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 06:50 PM
It's still the record. And Janikowski is the only other one to do it since Elam's in 1998. So "multiple" is a stretch. Plus, both Janikowski and Elam did it at Mile High.

I support Ram's call for a 99, though I'd also give it to Janikowski.

Huh, I thought there was more than just Elam and Janikowski. Still, at least to me, it's just not as impressive anymore. 3 people since 1998 have hit 63 yarders, 4 since 2006 have hit field goals of 60+, a guy hit a 65 yarder in a preseason game.

The reason so few people have hit 60+ or 63 yard fields goals (or longer) is because most coaches won't even attempt them from that far out. If coaches would grow the balls to try a field goal from that length, I'm confident there would be double digits field goals from 60+ since 2000 and probably more than 4 people with 63 yarders, if not someone outright breaking the record.

As for Akers, while he was able to get it over, it wasn't an impressive field goal in terms of booting it over or something, it had to bounce off the crossbar before going over, so he just barely even got it.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Huh, I thought there was more than just Elam and Janikowski. Still, at least to me, it's just not as impressive anymore. 3 people since 1998 have hit 63 yarders, 4 since 2006 have hit field goals of 60+, a guy hit a 65 yarder in a preseason game.

The reason so few people have hit 60+ or 63 yard fields goals (or longer) is because most coaches won't even attempt them from that far out. If coaches would grow the balls to try a field goal from that length, I'm confident there would be double digits field goals from 60+ since 2000 and probably more than 4 people with 63 yarders, if not someone outright breaking the record.

As for Akers, while he was able to get it over, it wasn't an impressive field goal in terms of booting it over or something, it had to bounce off the crossbar before going over, so he just barely even got it.

blah, blah :D

yeah that look on Akers face was so unexcited like he does it all the time, and the rest of the players just ran into the locker like nothing happened :D

JeffHCross
09-09-2012, 07:19 PM
If the point of a 99 is that it's the maximum someone can kick ... he's got a 99, Smooth. Stop overanalyzing :P

baseballplyrmvp
09-09-2012, 07:23 PM
If the point of a 99 is that it's the maximum someone can kick ... he's got a 99, Smooth. Stop overanalyzing :Pso is a 99 kick power equal to kicking a 63 yarder in madden? or can you kick it longer?

JeffHCross
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
so is a 99 kick power equal to kicking a 63 yarder in madden? or can you kick it longer?Okay, fair point.

Akers should have whatever is the equivalent of a 63-yarder. And so should Janikowski. And no one should be higher.

Of course, the problem (in the video game) is that means that it will be "easy" to hit a 63 yarder, since it's so easy to hit a maximum yardage kick in Madden/NCAA.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Okay, fair point.

Akers should have whatever is the equivalent of a 63-yarder. And so should Janikowski. And no one should be higher.

Of course, the problem (in the video game) is that means that it will be "easy" to hit a 63 yarder, since it's so easy to hit a maximum yardage kick in Madden/NCAA.

They should it up something like 95 to 99 kicking strength should allow you to hit field goals between 60 and 65 yards (65 yards should be the maximum in the game, and be extremely, extremely difficult to get), then anything else, like a kicking strength of 88 or 91, you have a chance of being able to hit one from 60 yards or longer, but it will be extremely,extremely difficult and you will generally only be able to hit field goals in the mid to high 50s, etc.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 10:12 PM
They should it up something like 95 to 99 kicking strength should allow you to hit field goals between 60 and 65 yards (65 yards should be the maximum in the game, and be extremely, extremely difficult to get), then anything else, like a kicking strength of 88 or 91, you have a chance of being able to hit one from 60 yards or longer, but it will be extremely,extremely difficult and you will generally only be able to hit field goals in the mid to high 50s, etc.

difficult ? it should be easier for those 2. The how to kicking principle would be the same and of course is the same no matter what. its not like people would abuse 60 yard field goals LOL.
thats boring and before you know it, you are losing 14 to 6 LOL.

anyway, I'm just kidding, I dont care what they do. But I would expect they will do something. I'm just having fun with the real world football and its Madden counterpart on a gaming forum.

now, maybe I can use the Packers this week with no one bitching since they lost:D ...Jordy Nelson is my Welker :nod:

baseballplyrmvp
09-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Okay, fair point.

i was genuinely asking from how far out, with a 99 kick power, you could hit from. sorry for any confusion.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 11:19 PM
difficult ? it should be easier for those 2. The how to kicking principle would be the same and of course is the same no matter what. its not like people would abuse 60 yard field goals LOL.
thats boring and before you know it, you are losing 14 to 6 LOL.

anyway, I'm just kidding, I dont care what they do. But I would expect they will do something. I'm just having fun with the real world football and its Madden counterpart on a gaming forum.

now, maybe I can use the Packers this week with no one bitching since they lost:D ...Jordy Nelson is my Welker :nod:

It still shouldn't be easy. Akers barely even made it, and that's because it got the right bounce on the cross bar to go over. That doesn't mean he should be able to nail 63 yard field goals at will in the game. Ultimately, it would come down to how you angle the kick and how good you are at getting exactly levels of power in the game, that would decide just how well you would do in getting a 63 yard field goal. The way I envisioned it, have it set so certain rating levels would enable a kicker to have a chance at a certain distance, with the rest coming into the play via how the user angles the kick and how much power they use.

So using Akers, Janikowski, etc as examples, say to have a reasonable expectation to be able to kick a field goal between 60 and 65 yards (I'd say cap it at 65 yards the longest anyone could hit a field goal in the game), the kicker needs a kick power rating of between 90 or 95 and 99. Now, you should still be able to have a chance with any kicker to hit from that distance, even if the kicker has a weaker rating, but it'll be much more difficult for them to do it (have to have the perfect angle on the kick, be perfect with the kicking meter and it's power, etc) as they'll have the lower kick power rating.

I'm not saying that someone with a certain rating should only be able to hit a max distance, but that someone with a certain rating should have a reasonable expectation to only be able to hit from a certain distance, with a chance to hit from a further distance. Just a rough draft I came up with in my mind of ratings and numbers.

60-65 yards - 95 to 99 KPR
55-60 yards - 90 to 95 KPR
50-55 yards - 75 or 80 to 90 KPR
45-50 yards - 65 to 75 or 80 KPR
etc.

So basically if you have a kicker with 81 Kick Power rating, you should have a reasonable expectation that he'd hit a 52 yard field goal, and have a chance to hit a field goal from 57 or 59 or even 60 yards out (if you get the angle just right), but you won't see him kicking 60 or 63 yard field goals every game. Same with a guy with only 65 Kick Power rating. You should have a reasonable expectation to kick a 40 or 45 yard field goal with him, be able to get some low 50s out of him now and then, but you'll never (or rarely ever) see him hit one from 57 or 60 yards because he doesn't have high enough kick power.

Basically have a base distance that any kicker at a certain Kick Power rating can hit often/regularly, and then you have a chance to hit from distances further than that based on sliders, the angle you set the kick to, and how much power you get behind the kick with the kick meter.

Now maybe they have it coded to already work like that, I don't know. But that's just something I came up with after a few minutes of thinking about it.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
I never bother unless its 44 or less anyway :D

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I never bother unless its 44 or less anyway :D

I'm the same way. :D In both NCAA f it's more than 50 yards, I don't even bother going for it. 45-50 is generally my cut off point, I'll either punt or go for it. Granted playing with Florida International in NCAA 12 and Tulsa in NCAA 13, I don't exactly have All-American, #1 in the nation kickers. :D

ram29jackson
09-13-2012, 08:05 PM
roster update :)

David Akers K SF Increase, from 91 to 93OVR

souljahbill
09-13-2012, 08:33 PM
What's his kicking power?

ram29jackson
09-13-2012, 09:09 PM
What's his kicking power?

dont know yet...maybe after Packers game, I'll look

ram29jackson
09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Akers is 99 power now..but he's left footed so I dont like him now LOL

Its Eli Manning now who I'm interested in after game 2. He obviously already was great. But accuracy and clutch amoung others should be bumped up a little !