PDA

View Full Version : My fourth round draft pick

punter
09-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I think this was kind of neat. During my draft I picked up a RE in the fourth round, I didn't scout him to much but needed a back up.
During the first pre-season game I noticed this player is making a few nice plays on the field, but didn't read to much into it. After the game was over I advanced the week and I noticed he was on the trade block. I had not put him there, so I went to see what was going on. I clicked on his trade offers and there where six teams offering me all kinds of different deals for this guy. One team offered there 5th, 6th, 7th, round picks, another was a 2 round and a player, those where my best offers. I didn't do any trades and took him of the market, played my next game, advanced a gain. There he is more offers more teams offering different things for him.
I think I'll keep him because my RE is gonna retire real soon,and if all these teams want him he may be a started for me soon. I thought it was kind of cool that so many teams where after a late round pick who is only rated a 72 over all. This was the first time I have ever seen the computer offer a trade for a player before.
So i figured I'd share my story with you all.

jaymo76
09-01-2012, 02:16 PM
If you're not putting him on the trade block who is? I was not aware that the cpu would act as GM and do that sort of stuff. However, during season ticket I noticed my backup FB was released with my knowledge so I guess it may be possible? Weird.

As fot the cpu offering trades, I think that is excellent. That's a very nice addition to see in the game. However, it may be concerning that cpu logic makes no sense. Why would the cpu offers be so rich? (eg 2nd rounder and a player) for a 4th rounder? Why didn't the cpu just draft this player a team wanted him that bad? This may also be the cpu tipping its hand to show who future stars will be. Again, that would be a very bad thing. This whole topic is fascinating. I would love to see what happens to this kid. Keep us informed Punter.

punter
09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
If you're not putting him on the trade block who is? I was not aware that the cpu would act as GM and do that sort of stuff. However, during season ticket I noticed my backup FB was released with my knowledge so I guess it may be possible? Weird.

As fot the cpu offering trades, I think that is excellent. That's a very nice addition to see in the game. However, it may be concerning that cpu logic makes no sense. Why would the cpu offers be so rich? (eg 2nd rounder and a player) for a 4th rounder? Why didn't the cpu just draft this player a team wanted him that bad? This may also be the cpu tipping its hand to show who future stars will be. Again, that would be a very bad thing. This whole topic is fascinating. I would love to see what happens to this kid. Keep us informed Punter.

I will keep you updated on what's going on with him. He will not be starting this year, but maybe next season he will be in the starting line up.
It all depends on John Abraham, if he starts to slow down or retires. The nice thing is it has changed my draft for next season, I was gonna use a high pick for a new RE to replace Abraham. Now I may not have to.

ram29jackson
09-01-2012, 10:56 PM
there are settings for all sorts of coaching n front office...manual or assisted