PDA

View Full Version : Madden Gamplan ?

gigemaggs99
08-30-2012, 12:56 PM
So I'm new to Madden and I've been searching around online for answers to this Gameplan thingy. What I find online are places that want me to pay for a scheme breakdown or a certain plabyook breakdown i.e. Alt Falcons Offensive PB, Houston PB, etc....

What I'm asking is, in the gameflow style of the playcall screen there is an option to pick "gameplan". If you press left or right it will cycle through different run or pass plays but some are labeled "gameplan".

I've looked in my playbook, and in my coaching options under strategy. I see where to set my audibles, set my subs, etc...but I am not stumbling upon where to label different plays as part of my "gameplan".

Can someone enlighten me on where/how to do this?

IF it's possible I would like to get a good core set of plays set up, if it's possible I'd like to put them in order so I can have something similar to a scripted play call sheet similar to the way NFL teams have their first few series scripted.

Also in the gameflow style of play calling is there a way to make it pull the same plays in the same order? For example I will scroll through them, it will show a HB Dive and I'm like, OH YEAH that will work so for example I'm scrolling to the right (right d-pad) I press the Left d-pad to go back to the HB Dive and it's no longer the HB Dive. It's like it shows it 1 time, if you pass it and want to come back it's no longer there.

Thanks for any tips.

gigemaggs99
08-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Ah I found it, looks like I have to create a playbook first, then I guess you "rate" the play based on when you want it to show up in your gameplan? Is that how you access the "gameplan" option?

ram29jackson
08-30-2012, 04:07 PM
i never used it myself

gigemaggs99
08-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it looks nice in theory but it also looks like a lot of work. I know the plays I like to run, and I know where they are. Going in and picking each one then putting stars next to it just so it will pop up in that gameplan window seems like a lot of work. When I know where they are and how to find them, it's not hard at all. Seems like the feature could be more refined.

Like if they could give us a blank call-sheet and we fill in our plays there, then a spot to script you first 10-20 plays if you want. I know you can do this by yourself in excel, I'm just saying if they're going to have a "gameplan" feature it would be nice if it was more than just a simple way to shrink your playbook. It's obvious to me to not pick Hailmary on 1st and 10 on the 1st play of the game so I don't need to go put stars next to it...I guess the default gameplan is setup kinda like ask Madden, ask Corso, etc...I've never used those as it seems to take away from the reason I'm playing. I like the strategy of it, if I make the wrong play-call for the situation I'm in, well it's my fault and I'm good w/ that. It's also nice to call a good game and have a balanced attack. :)

jaymo76
08-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Ah I found it, looks like I have to create a playbook first, then I guess you "rate" the play based on when you want it to show up in your gameplan? Is that how you access the "gameplan" option?

Gameplan is in Madden 12 and yes you create a playbook and then you rank your plays based on stars for specific scenarios (eg 3rd and long). However, I was under the impression that anything custom playbooks cannot be used in CCM, only play now. Sorry I don't have the game since season pass expired or I would look into this for you.