PDA

View Full Version : Franchise mode?

Smooth84
08-30-2012, 02:46 AM
So There's no regular franchise mode? Good thing I didn't open the game, because there isn't a franchise mode then it's going back to the store. If its true I'll prolly never buy a madden ever again. Already disappointed that you can't save draft classes in NCAA. Seriously no franchise,,,telling me this is a joke.

punter
08-30-2012, 03:28 AM
So There's no regular franchise mode? Good thing I didn't open the game, because there isn't a franchise mode then it's going back to the store. If its true I'll prolly never buy a madden ever again. Already disappointed that you can't save draft classes in NCAA. Seriously no franchise,,,telling me this is a joke.

I have been playing a franchise mode on madden 13, its called coach mode. Same thing as franchise but different name.
Only thing I've noticed that is not in coach mode that was in the franchise mode is you can't edit players this year.
I'm not sure why people think they took franchise out this year, but they didn't.

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2012, 03:59 AM
I have been playing a franchise mode on madden 13, its called coach mode. Same thing as franchise but different name.
Only thing I've noticed that is not in coach mode that was in the franchise mode is you can't edit players this year.
I'm not sure why people think they took franchise out this year, but they didn't.

Oh, there's a lot more than just not being able to edit players that has been removed from "coach mode".

JeffHCross
08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
In short, "Connected Careers" is a mode that combined Franchise mode, Online Franchise mode, and Superstar mode into one larger entity. You can play Connected Careers offline or online. You can play it as a player (Sueprstar) or as a coach (Franchise/Online Franchise).

But there have been changes to the mode, versus what has traditionally been available in Franchise.

gigemaggs99
08-30-2012, 12:43 PM
I can't find my franchise mode!

I can't find the pump fake button!

I can't find the audibles!

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/03/panicked71-490x316.png

Smooth84
08-30-2012, 04:09 PM
So hold up can I play just regular franchise with control of all the players.....I really don't care for single player superstar mode.

gschwendt
08-30-2012, 04:17 PM
So hold up can I play just regular franchise with control of all the players.....I really don't care for single player superstar mode.

Yes. That's what they're calling coach mode in Madden 13.

I think that's what is confusing everyone. As a gamer, coach mode is only calling the plays and then let the cpu players execute them (ala Head Coach). If they haven't used that terminology then I think there would be somewhat less uproar.

CLW
08-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes. That's what they're calling coach mode in Madden 13.

I think that's what is confusing everyone. As a gamer, coach mode is only calling the plays and then let the cpu players execute them (ala Head Coach). If they haven't used that terminology then I think there would be somewhat less uproar.

That's correct with a # of caveats that many people are not happy with.

gschwendt
08-30-2012, 04:45 PM
That's correct with a # of caveats that many people are not happy with.
Agreed... that's why I made sure to say "somewhat less". I completely understand the frustrations with the game. I tried to start a Jets Franchise and hated that I was stuck with the 3-4 and then also couldn't move players around, etc. Combined with apparently head-scratching legacy issues (pre-season auto subs) and I sort of gave up. I already have enough problems with NCAA, I don't need to add more with Madden.

gigemaggs99
08-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I will say it seems "odd" that I tell the game settings that I want the play-calling to be "conventional" I changed it and save my settings. Then the next time I fire up the game it's back to "gameflow" so I guess I just change it every time or I just press the square each time I want to pick a play.

I also wasn't sure what defense the colts run in real life so I picked the basic 4-3 and haven't a problem with it giving me the 4-3 Def PB each time I play.

I did try and upload my gameface that I made for Tiger '13 into my created coach but it keeps telling me the gameface server is not responding and to try again later. Now that I have the CCM/Franchise/dynasty mode going I can't find an option to edit/update my coach to import that image. I can see where to edit other things on the coach but not the gameface. It looks like that's a 1 time shot deal and since I've already started I guess I missed out. Oh well. Can't have it all right? LOL

As far as the OP I was just joking with my other post. Yes I had the same question, FRANCHISE seems to be taken out this year...but it's not it's been renamed. It's also been changed options removed, others edited, etc...but it's still there they just called it something else CCM.

I too wanted to play as the headcoach NOT 1 superstar. I picked the coach option when I started the offline CCM and then I was given the option to either run w/ the current coach or create my own. I created my own which is very similar to creating your own coach in NCAA 13. Now I'm in control of the team, you can delegate jobs to the CPU (scouting, cutting players, etc...) or you can do it all. Then once the games start you are playing like normal, like a play now game, where you call the plays, you control the players just like you always have been able to.

That is one thing I would suggest to EA to help "sell" the game more. They are really good at pointing out all the new features and options but they didn't do a very good job of explaining the existing features or game play options. To them, that know what they're talking about it's obvious, but to me and a lot of people that didn't have Madden 9,10,11,12...etc...I see there is a thing called CCM but I don't read anywhere about Franchise or an Offline Franchise like I'm used to so I was very concerned. If you're looking for the offline franchise mode that the other versions have had, Madden 13 HAS it, it's just called CCM.

Smooth84
08-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Is there anything good about the game.....all I've heard is negative?

OptionMasta
08-30-2012, 10:31 PM
I think it's light years ahead of NCAA. Despite what others say, I think Infinity adds quite a bit to the game. I think it makes the game feel differently than it ever has in a way that replicates football more realistically.

I also like CCM. I think it's actually deeper than the franchise mode of years past that I played. I am, however, disappointed that you need to maintain a connection to EA or else you lose the game in online CCM.

jaymo76
08-31-2012, 12:06 AM
I will say it seems "odd" that I tell the game settings that I want the play-calling to be "conventional" I changed it and save my settings. Then the next time I fire up the game it's back to "gameflow" so I guess I just change it every time or I just press the square each time I want to pick a play.

I also wasn't sure what defense the colts run in real life so I picked the basic 4-3 and haven't a problem with it giving me the 4-3 Def PB each time I play.

I did try and upload my gameface that I made for Tiger '13 into my created coach but it keeps telling me the gameface server is not responding and to try again later. Now that I have the CCM/Franchise/dynasty mode going I can't find an option to edit/update my coach to import that image. I can see where to edit other things on the coach but not the gameface. It looks like that's a 1 time shot deal and since I've already started I guess I missed out. Oh well. Can't have it all right? LOL

As far as the OP I was just joking with my other post. Yes I had the same question, FRANCHISE seems to be taken out this year...but it's not it's been renamed. It's also been changed options removed, others edited, etc...but it's still there they just called it something else CCM.

I too wanted to play as the headcoach NOT 1 superstar. I picked the coach option when I started the offline CCM and then I was given the option to either run w/ the current coach or create my own. I created my own which is very similar to creating your own coach in NCAA 13. Now I'm in control of the team, you can delegate jobs to the CPU (scouting, cutting players, etc...) or you can do it all. Then once the games start you are playing like normal, like a play now game, where you call the plays, you control the players just like you always have been able to.

That is one thing I would suggest to EA to help "sell" the game more. They are really good at pointing out all the new features and options but they didn't do a very good job of explaining the existing features or game play options. To them, that know what they're talking about it's obvious, but to me and a lot of people that didn't have Madden 9,10,11,12...etc...I see there is a thing called CCM but I don't read anywhere about Franchise or an Offline Franchise like I'm used to so I was very concerned. If you're looking for the offline franchise mode that the other versions have had, Madden 13 HAS it, it's just called CCM.

The games starting with gameflow is yet another bug in CCM. Until patched it will reset to gameflow every single game you play in CCM. Honestly, Madden 13 CCM may go down as the buggiest game in history!

jaymo76
08-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Is there anything good about the game.....all I've heard is negative?

Gameplay wise the game is fun but if you want CUSTOMIZATION.... do not buy this game as it will be a colossal letdown. There are hopes though that some form of editing will be patched in. Apparently Mr. Looman is looking into it.

gigemaggs99
08-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Well someone got the message LOL, when I fired up Madden 13 one of the online survey questions was "looking for FRANCHISE mode?" I clicked on it and it explained the new renamed CCM!

punter
08-31-2012, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=OptionMasta;164352]I think it's light years ahead of NCAA. Despite what others say, I think Infinity adds quite a bit to the game. I think it makes the game feel differently than it ever has in a way that replicates football more realistically.[QUOTE

I'm not sure about light years, I'm hoping only one year.