PDA

View Full Version : Poll - NCAA Football 11 - Your Expectations

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Please vote and comment.

Did NCAA Football 11 EXCEED, MATCH, OR UNDER ACHIEVE your expectations.

griffin2608
07-15-2010, 10:07 AM
The past few years have been terrible IMO so this year I am kind of blown away with the effort. My favorite sport is college football, so my favorite game is college football. after playing the past games released I was ready to grab my pitchfork and head to Orlando but I am really impressed this year. While the game has some bugs and glitches the overall feel of the game is great. I hope they continue to build on this and not have anymore half arsed games released in the future.

Kwizzy
07-15-2010, 10:09 AM
I went with match at this point. I expected a great game & it seems like that's what I got. With all the info that was released, I found myself getting further away from being able to temper my expectations. So match, but only because I had high expectations to begin with.

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
I went with Match as well. I voted that way because like Kwizzy after reading everything about the game and getting the little tidbits leading up to the release my expectations were very high. I think this is a great game and a great direction going forward for NCAA.

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
I voted 'Exceed Expectations'. Even though my expectations were through the roof after reading everything for the last month, the fact that it has come together so well, my jaw is still on the floor. The fact that this is the first NCAA since early last gen that I was able to pick up and play like hell right out of the box without spending a week working on sliders (granted some minor adjustments do need to be made), this is like heaven for me.

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 10:27 AM
I said exceed. I kinda based my vote on when I saw it in March to the final product in July. The way things were tuned from Community Day to retail to now the first patch....I've already played more online games this year than I did last.

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
I should have voted exceeded because this game is great, but I want EA to know that while great there is still some things that could blow this up.

JB, if your on tonight I'll try and look you up for a game if your interested.

CLW
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Still way too early to give a final judgment on the game. I'm happy with some things but have been annoyed with some things as well. If the bar we are comparing to is the other next-gen titles then they probably exceeded that "low" (IMO) hurdle.

However, if the bar we are setting is what EA claimed in pre-release media I'm not so sure. The online issues recently have really got under my skin. If you are going to charge gamers extra money for things like playing online (if you buy the game used) "extra" OD etc... then that portion of the game (online functionality) had better be up to snuff. So far, it has been anything but with lagg; systems locking up crashing; sluggish response when checking messages; Dynasty Wire being down; etc...

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
I should have voted exceeded because this game is great, but I want EA to know that while great there is still some things that could blow this up.

JB, if your on tonight I'll try and look you up for a game if your interested.

Yeah bro...I'm looking to play some tonight. Are you doing the EAGCCS tournament?

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes I'm doing the EAGCCS tourney, though I have only played twice I think or very few thus far. I need to get that going tonight, I've been messing around with to many other things, LOL.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Initially from playing the demo and just my thoughts in general because of past efforts I didn't have high expectations for the game. I was even telling a few guys that I wasn't picking this up until I seen some honest, in-depth info about it.

One the fellas from here started rolling out the information and I could tell it was different from the demo, I decided to purchase the game. Up to this point in the all user games I have played, I will say the game has exceeded my expectations.

Iron Dragon
07-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Exceed because it blows away the demo.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Exceed because it blows away the demo.

+1

My feelings as well.

souljahbill
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Matched.

To be honest, the only games that didn't meet my expectations were '05 and '08 (PS2).

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 04:11 PM
It exceeded. I was honestly expecting it to be complete garbage, but actually got something that appears to be their best effort this generation.

steelerfan
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Exceeded. I was worried alot about pass coverage after the demo. I got even more worried when I saw pre- release ODs with receivers with 30+ YPC. But the game has been tuned so well. The highest score I've seen is 35 and that's on 8 min, AA, default.

AustinWolv
07-15-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm going exceeded. They fixed what I harped on in '10, plus added much, much more and really polished up running, blocking details, the OD stuff......list goes on.

It is early still, but I'm very impressed overall....and I haven't even started my dynasty and attacked recruiting yet!

jaymo76
07-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Met my expectations in some ways and exceeded in others. The gameplay is fun, the graphics are awesome, recruitinug is a blast, etc. However, I voted MET only because the feature I was looking most forward to has come up a little short: ESPN... so much potential but not there just yet. I suspect 12 will "blow out the lights" presentation wise.

NatureBoy
07-15-2010, 11:43 PM
I voted exceeded. So far, NCAA 11 takes the series to a whole new level. I would put it #1 in this generation of NCAA Football games.

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Honestly I would say it exceeded it. I've never really had as much playing online in a game as I have this year. Part of it could be that I finally gout a router so I don't have to keep taking out my ethernet cable but, I also think that gameplay wise I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was shown.

HuskerBlitz
07-16-2010, 01:19 AM
I said matched. To me, this is just a better edition of 10. I have some nominal complaints (not being able to take a dynasty online and vice versa, no stadium sounds in TB, and some others) but I'm very impressed with the visuals and the motions of the players. They no longer look like they have a cob up their butt when they run. It could be a little smoother, but what we have in 11 is certainly more than acceptable.

Game play is probably the best it has been. My TB team came in as an A- overall team and I struggle to put away Colorado State and needed a miracle catch to knock off Cal. I still need some slider tweaking, but I'm impressed so far.

I'm curious to see if they release some patches for some of the errors and glitches. If they clear up some of those, people will forget about 2004 being the best NCAA ever and 11 will take that spot.

fsuprime
07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
i put match, i just knew it could not be as terrible as the demo seemed to be...hopefully with the right tweaks in a patch it could exceed.

I am very disappointed with how EA did the ratings for individual players this year. I understand that the teams dont match 1 for 1 each player (i think they are moving farther and father away from this as the lawsuit goes on) i just mean how they went about rating each player...it does not stack up to the recruited players at all, its very strange to me.