PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Available for Download Friday 8.24.12 at 6:00 p.m. EST

CLW
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Saw over at OS that the Season Ticket DL for Madden is available tomorrow evening. I'll probably mess with it this weekend but unless I'm BLOWN away I'll just GameFly it later for the trophies. Not sure if its my age or what but I've lost almost all interest in Madden now. My lawschool version of myself would probably be bitch slapping me right now.

I OU a Beatn
08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
So...has it been confirmed that if you downloaded Madden '12 with the Season Ticket you can still download Madden '13 on the same yearly subscription? I still have 2 days left so I can still download it without having to fork over another $25, right?

CLW
08-23-2012, 03:51 PM
So...has it been confirmed that if you downloaded Madden '12 with the Season Ticket you can still download Madden '13 on the same yearly subscription? I still have 2 days left so I can still download it without having to fork over another $25, right?

Dunno but I'd be interested in learning this as well b/c mine ends somewhere around TW14.

gschwendt
08-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Indications are no... you'll have to buy a new subscription.

I OU a Beatn
08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Found this that Pasta Padre posted last year that was tweeted by an EA Sports Dev:

If another title falls within your 365 days, then you will get the benefits of the Season Ticket.

Hoping it does. I would find it extremely shady that I'm told my subscription is good for 365 days only to find out that isn't entirely true.

JBHuskers
08-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah it's 365 days, not title to title.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Tarhead10
08-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I might actually do this.... Seeing that I only play Madden on play now anyway.... I dont play madden as much as NCAA but do play it some...

skipwondah33
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Well mine expires tomorrow on the 24th.

I waited until 6 to buy it last year the day it released. So it's 365 days tomorrow.

So I'll be buying it again tomorrow

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah it's 365 days, not title to title.

365 days my ass. I bought my subscription a couple of days into September last year after breaking down just before NHL came out. My subscription expires on August 31st. I got fucked out of at least 4 or 5 days. It's not gonna matter in the long run since I have to resubscribe for NHL and FIFA regardless, but I definitely didn't get the full 365 days.

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
And thinking about it, I'm not gonna get shit out of this, nor the NHL and FIFA early downloads.

I won't even be able to download Madden or the other two until Saturday morning. I'm at work from 6pm until midnight for HS football, home long enough to scarf down some dinner and catch up on stuff on the DVR and then head out the door at 2am for my morning show. I don't get home from my morning show until 10am, and by then, being awake from 5pm or so Friday night and up all night, I'm tired as shit so I'm asleep by 11am or so and don't wake up until at least 6pm Saturday night.

So 10am Saturday morning the earliest I'll be able to download Madden early download, probably 6pm Saturday night at the absolute earliest that I'd even be able to play (most likely won't get around to it until sometime after 10pm or midnight. I'm going to end up probably having 24 hours between midnight Saturday night and Tuesday morning out of the entire early download to actually sit down and play the game.

Thinking about it now, I'm beginning to wonder and doubt about even bothering resubscribing to Season Ticket until next spring, since I'm gonna get shit out of it time-wise for Madden, NHL and FIFA. I'm already buying NHL and FIFA (have had them both pre-ordered since early July), there's no doubt about that, so the early download will do nothing but let me screw around in both games for a brief period of time before they release. I already cancelled my Madden pre-order a couple weeks ago, and I'm going to get Madden early release in my current subscription before it expires next week, so that doesn't matter when it comes to resubscribing. So I may say screw it and let my Season Ticket lapse until next spring.

souljahbill
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
And thinking about it, I'm not gonna get shit out of this, nor the NHL and FIFA early downloads.

I won't even be able to download Madden or the other two until Saturday morning. I'm at work from 6pm until midnight for HS football, home long enough to scarf down some dinner and catch up on stuff on the DVR and then head out the door at 2am for my morning show. I don't get home from my morning show until 10am, and by then, being awake from 5pm or so Friday night and up all night, I'm tired as shit so I'm asleep by 11am or so and don't wake up until at least 6pm Saturday night.

So 10am Saturday morning the earliest I'll be able to download Madden early download, probably 6pm Saturday night at the absolute earliest that I'd even be able to play (most likely won't get around to it until sometime after 10pm or midnight. I'm going to end up probably having 24 hours between midnight Saturday night and Tuesday morning out of the entire early download to actually sit down and play the game.

Thinking about it now, I'm beginning to wonder and doubt about even bothering resubscribing to Season Ticket until next spring, since I'm gonna get shit out of it time-wise for Madden, NHL and FIFA. I'm already buying NHL and FIFA (have had them both pre-ordered since early July), there's no doubt about that, so the early download will do nothing but let me screw around in both games for a brief period of time before they release. I already cancelled my Madden pre-order a couple weeks ago, and I'm going to get Madden early release in my current subscription before it expires next week, so that doesn't matter when it comes to resubscribing. So I may say screw it and let my Season Ticket lapse until next spring.

Same deal for me. HS football jamboree is tomorrow night. Because it'll end late, we have practice Saturday morning, and I live an hour away from my job, I sleep in my office Friday nights. I won't get home until Saturday afternoon. I can have my wife download it for me but I won't be in the mood to play it.

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Same deal for me. HS football jamboree is tomorrow night. Because it'll end late, we have practice Saturday morning, and I live an hour away from my job, I sleep in my office Friday nights. I won't get home until Saturday afternoon. I can have my wife download it for me but I won't be in the mood to play it.

Yep, work sucks this time of year. The HS football games themselves aren't bad. I'm in studio starting around 6pm to get ready for pregame, air the game from 7pm (start of pregame) through the end, usually around 10 or 10:30. But then I have to wait for all of the area scores to come in to record an overnight scoreboard to play on air. So it's usually 11:30pm or midnight before I'm leaving work. I already get up at 2am every Saturday morning for my morning show, and don't leave that until 9am, getting home around 10am. So during the 10 weeks of HS football, I just stay up all night since I'd only be home for 2 hours or so, and after I actually eat dinner, I'd only get 1, 1 1/2 hours of sleep tops.

Thus I spend my entire Saturday sleeping. It sucks ass because I miss pretty much all college football during the day on Saturdays until the end of October. Thank god for the 8pm and later games, I still get to actually watch some college football in September and October. It's gonna be a bitch next week because Navy-Notre Dame is at 9am. I'm rushing my ass home at 9am next Saturday, and hopefully if I hurry (without speeding to the point of getting pulled over), I might be able to get home by 9:30 or 9:40am. I'm gonna record the game, so it'll just be a matter of starting from the beginning and trying to catch up with the live broadcast by skipping past commercial breaks. That'll really be a Saturday I won't have, as by the time the game ends at noon, I'm going to have been awake for 19-20 hours, so I'll be tired as hell. I doubt I'll even be awake before 10pm or midnight that night.

CLW
08-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Anyone know if my PS+ will automatically start the Season Ticket download for me this evening?

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Anyone know if my PS+ will automatically start the Season Ticket download for me this evening?

No.

jaymo76
08-24-2012, 10:09 AM
I downloaded the EA SPORTS PASS last night and it's nice as it gives you a minute-by-minute countdown to release and says when your pass expires, etc. Its about time PS3 has this app.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I downloaded the EA SPORTS PASS last night and it's nice as it gives you a minute-by-minute countdown to release and says when your pass expires, etc. Its about time PS3 has this app.

Yeah. That's how I'll order Season Ticket tonight.

skipwondah33
08-24-2012, 02:47 PM
A friend of mine said he is unable to renew his Season Pass because it hasn't registered as expiring yet from last year. Hmm

jaymo76
08-24-2012, 05:18 PM
5.5 GB not bad. Props to EA and PLAY STATION for the SPORTS PASS APP. It makes donwloading 100X easier.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Holy slow download. Their servers must be getting hammered right now.

I OU a Beatn
08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
5.5 GB not bad. Props to EA and PLAY STATION for the SPORTS PASS APP. It makes donwloading 100X easier.

360 has had that since it launched last year. I always thought it was stupid PS3 didn't get the same treatment.

Anyway, I only had 1 day left of my Season Ticket and I did download Madden '12 last year but I was able to start the download for '13. I'm guessing I'll have to renew tomorrow to play it after tomorrow, but that's fine. I guess time will tell.

CLW
08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Holy slow download. Their servers must be getting hammered right now.

Same here (about 1MB/s). Glad its not my ISP again.

SmoothPancakes
08-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Well good, when I try to start downloading it either later tonight around midnight when I'm home from work for all of two hours before turning around and going right back into work, or tomorrow morning at 10am when I get home from work, it'll download fast since a large portion of the potential downloads between now and Tuesday will already be done. :)

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Sadly, doesn't take much for PSN to go slow.

jaymo76
08-24-2012, 06:18 PM
360 has had that since it launched last year. I always thought it was stupid PS3 didn't get the same treatment.

Anyway, I only had 1 day left of my Season Ticket and I did download Madden '12 last year but I was able to start the download for '13. I'm guessing I'll have to renew tomorrow to play it after tomorrow, but that's fine. I guess time will tell.

My understanding is that once it's downloaded you have it for the full time period. Mine expires on Monday so I guess I will find out then.

CLW
08-24-2012, 06:19 PM
30 minutes in and 20% through this is going to take awhile. Maybe I'll take the wife out for dinner so I can escape any responsibilities Sat-Sun.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Picked up some speed. 23% 226m left.

SmoothPancakes
08-24-2012, 06:35 PM
It'll definitely be a while for you guys. NCAA was similar size and with whatever my Roadrunner speed is (25 down I think), it took me an hour and 50 minutes on 360, and I considered that as flying through it as I was the second or third person to be done downloading it amongst everyone on here that night.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I'll just let PS Plus finish the download overnight while I sleep :D

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 07:29 PM
It definitely picked up a lot of speed the past hour. 74% with 45 minutes left.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Half done installing :up:

SmoothPancakes
08-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Well, she's a downloading. I originally got online as I had to register my 360 for the beta of the Xbox Live Fall/Winter update, but the fuckers at MS don't have any product keys available at the moment to register my console, so I just fired up the Season Ticket stuff and started Madden downloading. Hopefully it'll take less than 2 hours for me, as my ass is out the door at 2am to head right back into work (just left work and got home half an hour ago at 11:30pm. :fp:), so it better not take long.

SmoothPancakes
08-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah, waiting until midnight is definitely the time to download. :D I started it downloading right at midnight, just checked it before I leave for work in 20 minutes, and it's already done. I'm gonna guess it probably got done around 1:30, but essentially an hour to an hour and a half tops to download the entire thing, versus waiting a couple hours at 6pm like you poor saps. :D

skipwondah33
08-25-2012, 02:15 AM
My download took 1 hour 50 minutes. Wasn't too bad I guess. Hit a slow period but picked up later on.

I had to renew my season pass after I finished playing originally after 1. It didn't kick me from the game though which was cool

jaymo76
08-26-2012, 10:30 PM
My download took 1 hour 50 minutes. Wasn't too bad I guess. Hit a slow period but picked up later on.

I had to renew my season pass after I finished playing originally after 1. It didn't kick me from the game though which was cool

On EA SPORTS PASS it says that my season ticket expires in less than one day and on Origin it says it expires in one day. So will it expire tonight at midnight??? I will renew it but I don't know exactly how long I have until I need to. Does anyone know exactly when the it expires??? Thanks.

gschwendt
08-26-2012, 11:57 PM
On EA SPORTS PASS it says that my season ticket expires in less than one day and on Origin it says it expires in one day. So will it expire tonight at midnight??? I will renew it but I don't know exactly how long I have until I need to. Does anyone know exactly when the it expires??? Thanks.
It expires at 6am ET on Tuesday.