PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Fantasy Football Thread

JBHuskers
08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/motivatorFantasyFootball.jpg

It's draft season!!!!!

My first draft is Sunday, then my league is Tuesday, then I have two leagues drafting on 9/2.

I have the 2nd pick in two leagues, and looking like I'm getting Ray Rice in both. I have the 6th & 7th picks in my other two $ leagues.

ryby6969
08-23-2012, 10:54 AM
I had my first draft last night. Scoring is 6 points for all TD's. 1 point for 10 yards rushing or receiving, or 20 yards passing. 6 bonus points for TD's over 50 yards or 100 yards rushing or receiving or 300 yards passing. I ended up with the 2nd pick in a 10 team league.

QB-Brees

QB-Vick

RB-Jamaal Charles

RB-Fred Jackson

RB-Green-Ellis

RB-Shonn Greene

WR-Roddy White

WR-Hakeem Nicks

WR-Demayrius Thomas

WR-Kenny Britt

TE-Tamme

TE-Coby Fleener

D/ST-Bears

D/ST-Bengals

and 2 kickers.

We start 1QB, 2RB's, 2WR's, Flex, TE, Def, and a K. We have to have the number of players at each position that I listed.

gschwendt
08-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm sitting out of FF altogether this year... just been burnt out on it as of late.

CLW
08-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sitting out of FF altogether this year... just been burnt out on it as of late.

Yeah I feel the same this year but I'm still in like 5 leagues. :smh:

Honestly though without a real "favorite" team I wouldn't even watch the NFL anymore if it weren't for fantasy. Last year all I did was watch the Redzone channel to see how my teams were doing.

morsdraconis
08-23-2012, 02:53 PM

I said I was going to do that, but then I got into a keeper league that I'd been waiting to get in for like 5 years, so I'm in that and another just silly league with some friends.

Keeper league already drafted:

QB
Tom Brady (Keeper)
Ryan Tannehill (has a GREAT week 9 matchup against a shitty Colts team when Brady is on bye)

WR
Stevie Johnson
Nate Washington
Larry Fitzgerald (Keeper)
Sidney Rice
Michael Crabtree
Justin Blackmon
Michael Floyd
Doug Baldwin

RB
Frank Gore
Darren Sproles
Willis McGahee
Pierre Thomas

TE
Owen Daniels

K
Rob Bironas

Def
Detroit

My other BS league drafts on Sunday (which I'll probably just auto-draft and just bullshit through it).

skipwondah33
08-23-2012, 06:10 PM
I have my draft for my money league tonight.

Last year I had the 1st pick and drafted Arian Foster

Well guess who got #1 pick this year? Hahaha

Not sure who i am going with. Torn between Rodgers and Foster again. Finished 10-3 last year and lost in the conference championship.

Had Matt Ryan as my QB but Steve Smith was the one who really saved my season

JeffHCross
08-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm sitting out of FF altogether this year... just been burnt out on it as of late.Same. I have little enough time without spending a large segment of my weekend thinking about picks.

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM

I haven't been in a FF league in probably 3 or 4 years. Got burnt out originally, and now work just gets in the way of even keeping track of what goes on as far as injuries and other stuff. Plus I'll be sleeping during the day on Sundays, so making "last minute changes" would be impossible.

That, and I've been burnt out of NFL football altogether for the past couple years. I'll spend all day long, from noon until midnight watching nothing but college football, flipping channels to another game during commercial breaks, etc. But NFL, unless the Broncos are playing, I just haven't cared. I don't think I've sat through a full game in the regular season, that the Broncos weren't involved in, since probably 2009. I'll watch the first quarter or first half and then end up turning it to a TV show or movie. Or as was the case for probably 2/3rds of the season last year, I just plain never bothered even turning on an NFL game at all on Sundays, usually finding a movie on TV somewhere that I found more interesting or entertaining than whatever NFL game FOX and CBS was showing (usually Lions, Browns or Bengals).

jaymo76
08-24-2012, 12:02 AM
I stopped playing FF a few years ago. Yes it's true I never won nor came close but I just found it to be more fun to sit back and watch the games on Sunday Ticket rather than lose my mind on who I should start.

skipwondah33
08-24-2012, 08:29 AM
I've always nonchalantly played. I keep up with my roster far as making moves, subs, etc. It isn't time tasking to for me because I keep up with football news in general with the NFL. I check out the Steelers games, then an additional at the same time slot...typically I'll glance at whichever one I have a player playing in as well. With the DirecTV FF app I can get the scoring or stats anyway from it.

So our draft was lastnight for the money league I am in (I only play in 1 league every year). I had the #1 pick. 14 teams in total

QB - Aaron Rodgers
QB - Carson Palmer

RB - Jaamal Charles
RB - Benjarvis Green-Ellis
RB - Pierre Thomas
RB - Jonathon Dwyer
RB - Isaih Pead

WR - AJ Green
WR - Dwayne Bowe
WR - Mike Williams
WR - Malcolm Floyd
WR - Emmanual Sanders

TE - Brandon Pettigrew
TE - Martellus Bennett

K - Billy Cundiff

D/ST - 49ers

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K

Not too bad though felt like I could have done better.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Bowe burnt me last year.

skipwondah33
08-24-2012, 10:32 AM
It was between him or Brandon Marshall...Wanted to go with Marshall but changed my mind at the end.

skipwondah33
08-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Apparently I'm in another league as well that I don't even recall signing up for. The draft was lastnight and I guess it auto-drafted for...which still wasn't bad lol

QB - Phillip Rivers
QB - Matt Schaub

RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Pierre Thomas
RB - Marshawn Lynch

WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Eric Decker
WR - Nate Washington
WR - Denarius Moore

TE - Tony Gonzalez
TE - Cody Fleener

K - Matt Bryant

D/ST - Steelers

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 WR/RB, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K

Not bad for auto-pick

morsdraconis
08-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah. WRs aren't very good though.

skipwondah33
08-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah. WRs aren't very good though.

I don't care about that league anyway.

Their about as good as yours collectively...minus Fitzgerald who doesn't have a QB yet and a draw on Nate Washington.

I think the CPU picked 3 RB's with my 1st 3 picks

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Sunday is $ draft #1 of 4. Picking 6th. My wishlist:

1. Rodgers
2. Megatron
3. Brady

Doubt McCoy falls that far, but if he does then it will be a no-brainer, but I'm guessing have have at least those three to pick from. Then maybe hope Forte comes back to me in the 2nd round.

CLW
08-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Just got the draft order from my former employer's league. I'm drafting 10th in a 10 team league. I actually usually like picking at the end b/c of the snake. Who should I be looking at for picks 10 and 11?

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Just got the draft order from my former employer's league. I'm drafting 10th in a 10 team league. I actually usually like picking at the end b/c of the snake. Who should I be looking at for picks 10 and 11?

AP might fall that far. Brees and Brady are good picks here too. You could do a 1/2 combo with Brees and Jimmy Graham. Forte isn't too bad here either.

CLW
08-24-2012, 03:33 PM
AP might fall that far. Brees and Brady are good picks here too. You could do a 1/2 combo with Brees and Jimmy Graham. Forte isn't too bad here either.

Yeah I was thinking that maybe get 2 WR or a QB/WR combo. The league tends to start out very heavy RB in the draft and I figure most of the top backs will be gone by pick 10.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah I was thinking that maybe get 2 WR or a QB/WR combo. The league tends to start out very heavy RB in the draft and I figure most of the top backs will be gone by pick 10.

Yeah this year, only the top 3 should go RB, but they won't. I think Brees is going to lean on Graham very heavily this season. I think people will sleep on Forte. But having Marshall in the WR corps is really going to open things up for him. I'm not going to hesitate taking him with a late 1st...but none of my leagues have a late first. At #6 and #7, he might be a stretch to go that high, so I'll have to think about it.

JBHuskers
08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Since none of you are in any of my money leagues :D Here are my sleepers:

QB - Jay Cutler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jake Locker
RB - Fred Jackson, BenJarvis Green-Ellis, Shane Vereen
WR - Torrey Smith, Titus Young, Randall Cobb
TE - Tony Moeaki, Cody Fleener, Kyle Rudolph

morsdraconis
08-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I only agree with two of those (Titus Young and Kyle Rudolph) though I could see Lawfirm getting a significant amount of carries in Cincy.

JBHuskers
08-26-2012, 09:39 PM
First $ draft of the year....liking it so far:

Rd 1 - Drew Brees
Rd 2 - Maurice Jones-Drew
Rd 3 - Roddy White
Rd 4 - Antonio Gates
Rd 5 - Brandon Lloyd
Rd 6 - Stevan Ridley
Rd 7 - Shonn Greene
Rd 8 - Rashad Jennings
Rd 9 - Darius Heyward-Bey
Rd 10 - Ryan Williams
Rd 11 - Baltimore
Rd 12 - Jacob Tamme
Rd 13 - Jake Locker
Rd 14 - Alex Green
Rd 15 - Brandon LaFell
Rd 16 - Robbie Gould

morsdraconis
08-27-2012, 05:04 AM
Forgot to change my pre-draft rankings for my bs draft... :smh: Drafted Trent Richardson first over Brady, Chris Johnson, and a few other WAY better options... :smh:

QB
Matthew Stafford
Matt Schaub

RB
Trent Richardson
Doug Martin
Roy Helu

WR
Brandon Marshall
Greg Jennings
Kenny Britt

TE
Antonio Gates
Jacob Tamme

K
Mason Crosby
Dan Bailey

Def
Baltimore
Cincinnati

:smh: Atrocious...

JBHuskers
08-28-2012, 06:42 PM
My $ league is drafting tonight...here it is:

Round
Player

Ray Rice

Cam Newton

Fred Jackson

Marques Colston

Percy Harvin

Tony Romo

Jermichael Finley

Justin Blackmon

Beanie Wells

Michael Bush

Greg Little

Rueben Randle

New York Jets

Ronnie Hillman

Randy Moss

Sebastian Janikowski

Damn CPU locked up and had to reboot, so it gave me Tony Romo :fp: Don't mind Jermichael Finley though in the 7th as most TE's were gone.

skipwondah33
08-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Made a trade in my other league (NFL.com)

Eric Decker
Brandon Marshall

For

Roddy White
Mike Wallace

That now gives me

Wallace
White
V.Jackson
Nate Washington
Denarius Moore

Can only start 2 WR's

buckeye02
08-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Looking to get an outside of my league opinion on a blockbuster trade in the works. I'll breakdown the league settings so you'll have a better idea.

This is a keeper/PPR league of 12 players. You can keep 3 players, but only 1 from a certain position. Whichever round you drafted that player in, is the round you lose in the draft the following year. 4pts for passing TDs, 6pts for all others.

Start: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, RB/WR, TE, K, DEF

This is my team round by round:

Round
1. (3) Ray Rice
2. (22) Adrian Peterson
3. (27) Doug Martin
4. (46) Peyton Manning
5. (51) Antonio Brown
6. (70) Miles Austin
7. (75) Kevin Smith
8. (94) David Wilson
9. (99) Toby Gerhart
10. (118) Titus Young
11. (123) Jermaine Gresham
12. (142) Randall Cobb
13. (147) Russell Wilson
14. (166) Bernard Pierce
15. (171) New England
16. (190) Brandon LaFell

I know, I need a kicker. I'll get one before the season starts.

As you can see, I'm pretty deep a RB. With the way the Keeper rules are setup. I'm guaranteed 2 picks in the first 3 rounds next year no matter what RB I keep. Now, I realize I could have made a mistake taking Peyton Manning in the 4th round. Especially since i could have gotten Eric Decker in that spot, and Phillip Rivers a round later. My WR depth isn't that good. I know this.

So here is the trade:

I trade
Ray Rice
Miles Austin
Round 6 pick next year

For
Chris Johnson
Roddy White
and his 3rd round next year.

Here's where it gets interesting. I'm pretty high on Doug Martin this year. Since i got him in the 3rd round, and I'm trading for an additional 3rd round pick, I'll get to keep my player and pick in the 3rd round.

Appreciate the feedback.

morsdraconis
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I think you're fleecing the hell out of whoever you're trading with. Ray Rice and Chris Johnson are going to be neck and neck for RB of the year and Roddy White is just as good as Austin (better in my opinion). So, you're basically getting a 3rd round pick for a 6th round pick. Hardly seems fair to me, but, unlike other people, I think Chris Johnson is going to pick up right where he left off year before last.

JBHuskers
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I like Rice MUCH BETTER than Johnson, but you can't trust Miles Austin any more, and Roddy White easily grabs 100 balls. The only thing you're missing out on is probably 30 more catches and 6 more TD's, but if Johnson picks up the slack this year, and White continues his pace (I think Matt Ryan is going to have a big year)....you're going to come out good, though I think Rice is the top player in the league, over Foster.

buckeye02
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
I think you're fleecing the hell out of whoever you're trading with. Ray Rice and Chris Johnson are going to be neck and neck for RB of the year and Roddy White is just as good as Austin (better in my opinion). So, you're basically getting a 3rd round pick for a 6th round pick. Hardly seems fair to me, but, unlike other people, I think Chris Johnson is going to pick up right where he left off year before last.

The reason the picks are in there is because Ray Rice is coming off his best season of his career. While CJ is coming off a mediocre year. Mediocre for CJ, I should say.

CLW
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Drafting #4 in my law firm/$ league tonight. Fairly high stakes (at least for me) so any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

psuexv
08-30-2012, 12:24 PM
So I'm in a Keeper/Auction league. You get about $200 each year to draft your team, weighted depending on where you finished last year. You can keep 2 guys and to keep a guy you have to pay $5 more than you did last year. I got Jimmy Graham for $1 last year :up:

JBHuskers
08-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Drafting #4 in my law firm/$ league tonight. Fairly high stakes (at least for me) so any thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

If any of the big 3 RB's fall to you (Foster, Rice, McCoy) grab them, else get Rodgers.

CLW
08-30-2012, 02:00 PM
If any of the big 3 RB's fall to you (Foster, Rice, McCoy) grab them, else get Rodgers.

That was my thought process and then I thought in Round 2 possibly Jimmy Graham and then finally either a RB/QB depending on which I got in Round 1.

If anyone wants to help me set a "big" stack of cash on fire I'll fire up my laptop around 6 pm CST for all help/suggestions via AIM (clw22580). :nod:

JBHuskers
08-30-2012, 02:03 PM
That was my thought process and then I thought in Round 2 possibly Jimmy Graham and then finally either a RB/QB depending on which I got in Round 1.

If anyone wants to help me set a "big" stack of cash on fire I'll fire up my laptop around 6 pm CST for all help/suggestions via AIM (clw22580). :nod:

I highly doubt Graham falls that far. The drafts I've done so far he's going early 2nd.

morsdraconis
08-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah. You'd be better off going with another RB in the 2nd depending on how your league points are setup (if it's a PPR league, WR is a thought if one of the big ones is still left, but, most of the time, they aren't by the middle of the 2nd round). Someone like AP or Jamaal Charles are EXCELLENT picks in the mid-2nd round.

JBHuskers
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
If you're in a 12-team league, that puts you at pick #21.

In my league, I took Cam Newton at #23. Matthew Berry has him in the top 20 of his big board. Some guys in the general area of #21 included Welker, Nicks, Jennings, MJD, Charles, Lynch.

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 04:06 PM
As Mors said, most of it depends on the scoring system for your league. If you have it handy, it may help to post it.

CLW
08-30-2012, 05:03 PM
As Mors said, most of it depends on the scoring system for your league. If you have it handy, it may help to post it.

It's a VERY ODD set of rules but no PPR

Passing Yards:1 point per 20 yards

Passing Touchdowns:6 points
Interceptions Thrown:-2 points
300-399 Passing Yards Bonus:6 points
400+ Passing Yards Bonus:12 points
40+ Passing Yard TD Bonus:3 points
50+ Passing Yards TD Bonus:6 points
Rushing Yards:1 point per 5 yards
Rushing Touchdowns:6 points
40+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus:3 points
50+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus:6 points
100-199 Rushing Yards Bonus:6 points
200+ Rushing Yards Bonus:12 points
Receiving Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Receiving Touchdowns:6 points
40+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus:3 points
50+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus:6 points
100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus:6 points
200+ Receiving Yards Bonus:12 points
Kickoff and Punt Return Yards:1 point per 10 yards
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:6 points
Fumble Recovered for TD:6 points
Fumbles Lost:-2 points
2-Point Conversions:2 points

Kicking

PAT Made:1 point
PAT Missed:-1 point
FG Made 0-19:3 points
FG Made 20-29:3 points
FG Made 30-39:3 points
FG Made 40-49:4 points
FG Made 50+:5 points
FG Missed 0-19:-3 points
FG Missed 20-29:-3 points
FG Missed 30-39:-3 points
FG Missed 40-49:-1 point

Defense / Special Teams

Sacks:2 points
Interceptions:2 points
Fumbles Recovered:2 points
Safeties:2 points
Touchdowns:6 points
Blocked Kicks:1 point
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:6 points
Points Allowed 0:10 points
Points Allowed 1-6:7 points
Points Allowed 7-13:4 points
Points Allowed 14-20:1 point
Points Allowed 21-27:0 points
Points Allowed 28-34:-1 point
Points Allowed 35+:-4 points
Less than 100 Total Yards Allowed:6 points
100-199 Yards Allowed:4 points
200-299 Yards Allowed:2 points
300-399 Yards Allowed:0 points
400-449 Yards Allowed:-2 points

Individual Defensive Players

2+ Sacks Bonus:3 points

Other

Use Fractional PtsYes
Use Negative PtsYes

CLW
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
LMAO so after about 1/2 the league "forgot" tonight was the draft we decided to delay it until Tuesday. :fp:

buckeye02
08-31-2012, 12:32 AM
What do you guys think of this trade.

I get
Jimmy Graham
Isaac Redman
Lagarette Blount

He gets
Adrian Peterson
Germaine Gresham
Toby Gerhart

Ive got Doug Martin on my team. That boosts Blount's value slightly. Martin is also my 3rd or 4th RB.

JBHuskers
08-31-2012, 10:06 AM
:up:

psuexv
09-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Had my first draft last night. We actually lost 2 guys so we are down to 10 this year. This is a league that the QB gets 6 for a TD and bonuses for over 300 and 400. Last year everybody went RB and WR early and I grabbed went QB and grabbed a good backup early. Ended up taking 2nd, this year 5 QBs went in the 1st round so I was stuck.

Still pretty happy with my team though

Donkey Punch
QB Philip Rivers
RB Matt Forte
RB Steven Jackson
RB/WR Reggie Bush
WR Victor Cruz
WR Antonio Brown
TE Rob Gronkowski
D/ST Packers D/ST
K Robbie Gould
BE Darrius Heyward-Bey
BE Shonn Greene
BE Isaac Redman
BE Ben Roethlisberger
BE Mike Williams

CLW
09-05-2012, 12:25 PM
So my two $ drafts were at the EXACT SAME TIME LAST NIGHT. Note to self never do 2 drafts again

>$ league that I paid more attention to Drafted at #4

QB - Peyton; Palmer
HB - McCoy; Ridley; Best; Helu; Spiller; Starks; Stewart
WR - Jennings; Nicks; Steve Johnson
TE - Graham
K - Crosby
D - Eagles

<$ League Drafted 10th

QB - Peyton; Rivers; Smith
RB - Forte; Lynch; Williams; Mathews
WR - Marshall; Colston; Torrey Smith; Boldin
TE - Davis
K - Gould
D - Jets

steelerfan
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm in 9th place, out of 20, three weeks into the season. I may have to focus on winning the FA Cup, if this keeps up.

Oh, wait, this thread is about American Football. Sorry. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
09-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Had two drafts on Sunday, here's the big $ league one:

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Trent Richardson
RB/WR - Michael Turner
WR - Roddy White
WR - Stevie Johnson
TE - Jacob Tamme
K - Robbie Gould
D - Bears

Bench: Miles Austin, Roy Helu, Evan Royster, Kendall Wright, Josh Freeman, Joe McKnight, Owen Daniels

My last $ league, that I didn't really dig too much into researching as I was getting progressively drunk and did this over the phone:

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Trent Richardson
RB - Darren Sproles
RB/WR - Jonathan Stewart
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Torrey Smith
TE - Jared Cook
D - Bears
K - Lawrence Tynes

Bench: Joe Flacco, Kendall Wright, Michael Bush, Jacquizz Rodgers, Denarius Moore, Dustin Keller, Ronnie Hillman, Devery Henderson

psuexv
09-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Had my auction league draft last night. Feel pretty good about it, especially after MJD gets into shape :)

QB Drew Brees
RB Shonn Greene
RB Maurice Jones Drew
WR Wes Welker
WR Kenny Britt
WR Mike Wallace
TE Jimmy Graham
K Lawerence Tynes
D Detroit
RB Reggie Bush
QB Alex Smith
WR Percy Harvin
WR Randy Moss
WR Darius Heyward-Bay

JBHuskers
09-06-2012, 09:58 AM
So who's gonna rush out to get Ogletree? :D

Not me.

morsdraconis
09-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I grabbed him in my BS league where I let the auto draft draft my stuff.

skipwondah33
09-06-2012, 10:48 AM
$ league lineup

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Jamaal Charles
WR - Dewayne Bowe
WR - AJ Green
WR - Michael Williams
WR/TE - Malcolm Floyd
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Pierre Thomas
K - Conner Barth
D/ST - Cardinals

Bench

QB - Carson Palmer
RB - Jonathon Dwyer
WR - Emmanual Sanders
TE - Martellus Bennett (netted 14 points last night)
D/ST - 49ers

I picked up the Cardinals for this week due to the fact I didn't want to go against myself since Rodgers plays them. Guess I could have started them, in that case if he had a shitty week that mean't the Defense will earn points. Still like the Cardinals against a rookie and hurt Lynch.

Other league (NFL.com) This was auto-drafted as I forgot about it. I did make a trade for (Mike Wallace, Roddy White and Steelers Defense)

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Darren McFadden
RB - Chris Johnson
WR - Roddy White
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - Coby Fleener
W/R - Pierre Thomas
K - Matt Bryant
D/ST - Steelers

Bench

QB - Matt Schaub
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Denarius Moore
WR - Nate Washington
RB - Marshawn Lynch
TE - Tony Gonzalez

CLW
09-09-2012, 09:27 AM
So here are some of the various game-day calls I have

(1) Sproles v. Law Firm v. Redman v. Kevin Smith
(2) Peyton v. Rivers
(3) Lynch v. Williams
(4) Detroit v. Jets
(5) Peyton v. Palmer

morsdraconis
09-09-2012, 11:54 AM
So here are some of the various game-day calls I have

(1) Sproles v. Law Firm v. Redman v. Kevin Smith
(2) Peyton v. Rivers
(3) Lynch v. Williams
(4) Detroit v. Jets
(5) Peyton v. Palmer

Sproles and Lawfirm
Peyton
Lynch
Detroit
Peyton

;)

CLW
09-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Sproles and Lawfirm
Peyton
Lynch
Detroit
Peyton

;)

I ended up going with: (1) Kevin Smith; (2) Rivers; (3) Lynch; (4) Detroit and (5) Peyton

JBHuskers
09-10-2012, 09:49 AM
With Jonathan Stewart a no-go, Michael Bush was a great fill-in with 2 TD's :up:

All my 4 $ leagues are gonna come down to tonight. I have Ray Rice in two leagues, and going against him in another.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

JBHuskers
09-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Fred Jackson out a month. Luckily I only have him in one league, and it's my lowest $ league.

CLW
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Fred Jackson out a month. Luckily I only have him in one league, and it's my lowest $ league.

In my "BIG" $ league I took a late round flyer on Spiller. :nod:

Wondering if I should try to use him as trade bait b/c I'm pretty stacked in that league at RB with McCoy, Ridley and Stewart. Peyton still SCARES me to death and right now if he goes down its Palmer or some bumb off of waivers. :smh:

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2012, 10:29 PM
So, who got boned by Chris Johnson and his 4 yards rushing yesterday? :D

morsdraconis
09-11-2012, 04:47 AM

:D

If you aren't in a PPR league, you got SCREWED by Johnson on Sunday.

Won my first game of my keeper league and got blasted my first game of my BS league. Went about as I expected.

psuexv
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
1-0 in both leagues :up:

buckeye02
09-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Pick 2 WR's to start. PPR

Miles Austin @ Seahawks
Antonio Brown vs Jets (possibly Revis if he plays)
Randall Cobb vs Bears (Greg Jennings likely out)

morsdraconis
09-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Brown and Cobb. Dallas is probably going to lay an egg against Seattle.

skipwondah33
09-12-2012, 07:17 AM
I have him in one of my random auto-draft leagues. Still won my game though.

1-0 in both my leagues

psuexv
09-14-2012, 08:44 AM
I typically don't really care for Yahoo's Fantasy leagues/site but thought this was a pretty cool feature that they added this year. It's called Recap and it recaps your last week matchup.

If they added this to fantasy football, surely EA could add it to NCAA and generate stories on our games :)

Domination (1-0) edged Most points against (0-1) 97.46 - 96.92 in a back-and-forth battle. They were led by Drew Brees who had 27.56 points and Shonn Greene who scored 15.40. Most points against began the Sunday games already ahead 5.80 - 5.00. That advantage slipped away after the early Sunday games and they trailed by 27.74. After the late Sunday games, the lead changed again, and they went ahead 92.62 - 87.76. Thanks to 9.70 points from Mike Wallace, Sunday night ended with Domination on top.

Domination Smooth Moves

Jimmy Graham had the most points of any TE in the league this week with 14.50.
The 27.56 points scored by Drew Brees ranked fourth in the league this week.
With 15.40 points, Shonn Greene ranked ninth in scoring among all RBs in the league this week.
6 of 9 players in the starting lineup for Domination topped their projected points.
Maurice Jones-Drew exceeded scoring projections by 138.7%, with 9.50 points against a projected 3.98.

Most points against Regret Tracker

Did not start Robert Griffin III, who scored 29.00 points to rank third in the league in scoring.
Most points against could have used more points from the TE position, where Domination beat them 14.50 - 4.30.
Most points against was not able to win even though only 4 of their 9 starters fell short of their projected point total.
With 5.10 points, Chris Johnson scored only 43.1% of his 11.83 projected point total.

What If

Domination would have beaten four other teams besides Most points against this week.
If Domination had scored 32.27 more points, they would have beaten all teams in the league this week.
Most points against would have lost to four other teams besides Domination this week.
If Most points against had scored 23.81 fewer points, they would have lost to all teams in the league this week.

Game Notes

The 0.54-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
Jay Cutler did what he could in the loss for Most points against. He scored 22.92 points, the eighth-highest score in the league this week.
In the loss, Matt Forte had the sixth-highest RB score in the league this week with 18.00 points.
Although Most points against lost, David Akers played well, bringing in 131.9% more points than was projected (16.00 points against a projected 6.90).
Although Domination won, they got little help from the Detroit Lions Defense, which only put up 4.00 points of a projected 10.68.
Most points against failed to reach their projected total, while Domination exceeded their scoring projection

JBHuskers
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Yahoo is my preferred site for everything.

CLW
09-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Jones-Drew or Green-Ellis?

morsdraconis
09-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Jones-Drew or Green-Ellis?

It's clearly after the fact, but I would have went with Jones-Drew if you're in a PPR league.

morsdraconis
09-16-2012, 04:31 PM
If you have Danny Amendola on the bench today, I feel bad for ya.

CLW
09-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Here was my "big $" league lineup today:

Peyton
Spiller
McCoy
Steve Johnson
Nicks
Graham
Crosby
Cinci

:nod:

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 12:26 PM
It is clear who the fantasy football gem of the year is so far, C.J. Spiller.

morsdraconis
09-23-2012, 12:40 PM
It is clear who the fantasy football gem of the year is so far, C.J. Spiller.

Not so fast. He just fucked up his chest or something. He'll probably be out for 4-6 weeks now.

CLW
09-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Not so fast. He just fucked up his chest or something. He'll probably be out for 4-6 weeks now.

I know and I have him in my 2 $ leagues. :smh:

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I gave him the kiss of death :D

CLW
09-23-2012, 02:48 PM
I gave him the kiss of death :D

Going to sue your ass now to pay for my loss of 2 championships! :nod:

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Going to sue your ass now to pay for my loss of 2 championships! :nod:

It's week 3, the defense rests :D

CLW
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
So.... thanks to JB's curse I need a HUGE night tonight from either Jennings or Cobb. The league counts return yards for points so Cobb is a "sneaky" play. Its boom or bust for me and I probably need close to 150+ yards and a touchdown or 2 to win this week.

Who would you go with tonight Jennings or Cobb when you need a HUGE game?

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Just announced that Jennings will play tonight.

skipwondah33
09-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Moved to 3-0 in both of my leagues this week..even though it hasn't finished.

In my $ league I'm leading by 20 points and still have Rodgers to play. My opponent's lineup is finished for the week

$ league lineup for Week 3

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Jamaal Charles (Gave me HUGE numbers this week)
WR - Dewayne Bowe
WR - AJ Green (Also gvae me HUGE numbers this week)
WR - Malcolm Floyd
WR/TE - Martellus Bennett
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Pierre Thomas
K - Conner Barth
D/ST - 49ers

Bench

QB - Carson Palmer
RB - Jonathon Dwyer
WR - Emmanual Sanders
WR - Mike Williams (Tampa)
RB - Tashard Choice (picked him up 2 weeks ago...which is looking good right about now)

NFL.com league, leading by 16 and still have Lynch to play. My opponent has the Packers D left to play.

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Marshawn Lynch
RB - Andre Brown
WR - Roddy White
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - Tony Gonzalez
W/R - Mike Wallace
K - Matt Bryant
D/ST - Steelers

Bench

QB - Matt Schaub
RB - Pierre Thomas
WR - Denarius Moore
RB - Chris Johnson
TE - Coby Fleener

skipwondah33
10-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Moved to 4-0 in my $ league..even though it hasn't finished yet again. And looks like my NFL.com league as well.

In my $ league I'm leading by by 80 points and both mine and my opponents lineups are finished.

$ league lineup for Week 4

QB - Aaron Rodgers (Gave me big numbers this week)
RB - Jamaal Charles (Gave me solid numbers this week)
WR - Dewayne Bowe (Game me very solid numbers this week)
WR - AJ Green (Same)
WR - Malcolm Floyd
WR/TE - Martellus Bennett
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Pierre Thomas
K - Conner Barth
D/ST - 49ers (Gave me great numbers this week lol)

Bench

QB - Carson Palmer
RB - Lmasr Miller
WR - Emmanual Sanders
WR - Mike Williams (Tampa)
RB - Tashard Choice

NFL.com league, winning by 23 points and my opponent has Witten to play in tonight's game.

QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Marshawn Lynch (solid week)
RB - Darren McFadden
WR - Roddy White (huge week)
WR - Vincent Jackson (solid week)
TE - Tony Gonzalez
W/R - Pierre Thomas
K - Matt Bryant
D/ST - Cardinals

Bench

QB - Matt Schaub
WR - Denarius Moore
RB - Chris Johnson (figures he would have a solid week when on the bench)
TE - Coby Fleener
Def - Steelers
WR - Mike Wallace

skipwondah33
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Double post

psuexv
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Got smoked in both of my $ leagues this week. Forte not knowing if he was going until today kind of hurt me. The league I have him in I'm down by 23 and could have potentially had him and Gould going tonight.

JBHuskers
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I need Da Bears D and Robbie Gould to outscore Matt Forte by 8 tonight to sweep my 4 $ leagues. Bears scored 28.79 points last week, so hopefully they match it and I won't have to worry. They just have to knock Tony Romo on his ass a few times; which is entirely possible.

NatureBoy
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
RG III is my new fantasy football hero. He's been putting up big numbers all season for me.

JBHuskers
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
RG III is my new fantasy football hero. He's been putting up big numbers all season for me.

Came into this week as the top fantasy player. Conceding that to Matt Ryan after this week. Hell of a season.

psusnoop
10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I need Da Bears D and Robbie Gould to outscore Matt Forte by 8 tonight to sweep my 4 $ leagues. Bears scored 28.79 points last week, so hopefully they match it and I won't have to worry. They just have to knock Tony Romo on his ass a few times; which is entirely possible.

Guessing your pretty happy with last nights game :dunno:

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Guessing your pretty happy with last nights game :dunno:

For the big $ league, yes. Da Bears did so well, it actually made it a game out of it in my league. My opponent forgot to set his lineup so he had Andrew Luck and Donnie Avery in on byes instead of Drew Brees and Torrey Smith :D I was up by plenty, so I didn't figure it would be a match. It basically came down to the last drive where I had to root for Kyle Orton to not get sacked or throw a pick :D ended up sweeping all four $ leagues. I'm 3-1, 3-1, 2-2, 1-3.

NatureBoy
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
:( RG III getting knocked out of the game today killed my fantasy team.

JBHuskers
10-08-2012, 10:02 AM
It's not in the bag, but right now I could be sweeping all four $ leagues for the 2nd street week. I'm up 26 in my league, he's got Schaub and Green tonight. In my big $ league, I'm up 7 he's got Jets D and I have Owen Daniels. Things look good, but Schaub against the Jet's D could get ugly tonight. I'd rather see that as that would benefit my big money league.

morsdraconis
10-08-2012, 11:43 AM
5-0 in my keeper league. Not bad. Not bad.

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Wanted to get some outside opinions as of course I can't make everyone happy. A trade was accepted, but a couple different people approached me saying they want to veto this trade. After looking at it, I agreed to veto it. Just wanted more sets of eyes on it.

Team A gives:
Manning, Forte, Cruz, Chris Johnson

Team B gives:
Rodgers, Jennings, Kerley, Sproles

The vetoers said A is giving up too much without giving up anything in return. Also Team A is 0-5, Team B is 3-1-1.

psuexv
10-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Wanted to get some outside opinions as of course I can't make everyone happy. A trade was accepted, but a couple different people approached me saying they want to veto this trade. After looking at it, I agreed to veto it. Just wanted more sets of eyes on it.

Team A gives:
Manning, Forte, Cruz, Chris Johnson

Team B gives:
Rodgers, Jennings, Kerley, Sproles

The vetoers said A is giving up too much without giving up anything in return. Also Team A is 0-5, Team B is 3-1-1.

I honestly don't really see a problem with it.
Manning for Rodgers is pretty much a wash.
Forte for Sproles is pretty equal as well, especially if it's a PPR league.
Chris Johnson has completely underperformed and Greg Jennings is hurt so those 2 kind of wash each other but Jennings will be back and has the potential to be up there with Cruz.
Kerley is now the #1 in NY so he's going to get the touches.

this is just based off of standard ESPN scoring but it's pretty close.

Manning

Rodgers

Forte

Sproles

Cruz

Kerley

Johnson

Jennings

Total

Total

morsdraconis
10-09-2012, 01:19 PM
No way are Rodgers and Manning equal. Manning isn't putting up anywhere close to the same amount of points that Rodgers is putting up (and will continue to do so because of his team's non-existent running game).

Forte and Sproles aren't anywhere close either (Chicago is barely using Forte, especially in the passing game whereas Sproles is getting targeted more than some WRs so in a PPR league, he's a goldmine).

Chris Johnson for a healthy Greg Jennings (which will probably be the case in another week or two) isn't exactly even but it works more in A's favor this time.

Victor Cruz for Kerley is so ridiculously one sided it's not funny (Cruz is the #1 WR in fantasy in PPR leagues and Kerley is a scrub that's being used out of desperation).

That trade is so ridiculously shaded in favor of team B, it's not anywhere close to being fair.

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
:D figured it would be 50/50

In my opinion, Jennings will never be full strength this year. Cruz has 5 double digit scoring weeks out of 5, Jennings has zero. Forte is back up to speed, 22 carries, plus will catch a lot of passes. Sproles barely gets used in a shitty run game, but will catch some balls. Advantage Forte. Manning is beating Rodgers now, but potential for the rest of the season doesn't wash out the rest of the trade. Just throwing in shit parts with CJ and Kerley really doesn't sway this deal either.

psuexv
10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
So Mors in 2 of your statements you are saying that the player that A is getting is better than the player B is getting but the trade is ridiculously shaded in Bs favor?

And I will completely disagree with you on the Manning/Rodgers argument. Manning is outperforming him and will absolutely hold even with Rodgers the rest of the way.

Victor Cruz is definitely the wild card in this trade and nobody can match up with him right now.

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
So Mors in 2 of your statements you are saying that the player that A is getting is better than the player B is getting but the trade is ridiculously shaded in Bs favor?

And I will completely disagree with you on the Manning/Rodgers argument. Manning is outperforming him and will absolutely hold even with Rodgers the rest of the way.

Victor Cruz is definitely the wild card in this trade and nobody can match up with him right now.

That's why I nixed it, and that's why two different people came to me wanting to veto. If he included Megatron instead of Jennings, I would have okay'd it.

psuexv
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
That's why I nixed it, and that's why two different people came to me wanting to veto. If he included Megatron instead of Jennings, I would have okay'd it.

Yeah I don't know if I would have nixed it but that's your position as the commish. I'm not a big fan of the league veto anyway. The only way I see justice in it is if it's really late in the season and a team that's out of it loads up a team going into the playoffs. But 5 weeks in, if these 2 want to make this trade I would have let them.

morsdraconis
10-09-2012, 01:56 PM
It's why I seriously never trade, ever. It's always one sided and every single one that I've ever had offered to me has been BEYOND one sided. So, I don't trade. I live and die with my draft (mainly live).

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah I don't know if I would have nixed it but that's your position as the commish. I'm not a big fan of the league veto anyway. The only way I see justice in it is if it's really late in the season and a team that's out of it loads up a team going into the playoffs. But 5 weeks in, if these 2 want to make this trade I would have let them.

There is not a league veto. It's completely under my power, but different people came to me and didn't think the trade was fair.

Team A decided to not pursue the trade any further anyways, so the league vote I was putting up has been taken down and now case closed.

skipwondah33
10-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Moved to 5-0 in my $ league.

Loss my 1st game on the season in the NFL.com league. Chris Johnson struck again...

JBHuskers
10-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Swept all 4 $ leagues for the 2nd straight week. Currently 4-1, 4-1, 3-2, 2-3. In my biggest $ league I'm 4-1 and lead the league in points by 80 over the 2nd best.

JBHuskers
10-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Thankfully this is the lowest $ league that I'm in, but man due to bye weeks and injuries, this is quite the patchwork lineup for the week. On the bright side, I'm playing a dude who is 0-5, and I'm STILL projected to win.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/lineup.jpg

JBHuskers
10-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Thank god I didn't face Rodgers in any of my leagues today.

skipwondah33
10-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Moved to 6-0 in my $ league....yeah Aaron Rodgers basically :D

Still have Floyd left to play tonight. My opponent is finished for the week.

Moved to 5-1 in my NFL.com league. Starting Schaub in place of Rivers for the first time this season didn't hurt much after his bad game. Leading by 37 points and my opponent is finished.

JBHuskers
10-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Winning in 3 of 4 leagues, but could get ugly....

Low $ league - only up 8 with opponent having Manning

2nd low $ league - up 17 with opponent having Manning

2nd high $ league - losing by 18, I have Gates, he has Tamme

Big $ league - up by 45, he has Matthews, Meachem, and Decker left. (I'm currently #1 in this league)

NatureBoy
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I need five points from Vernon Davis tomorrow night for the win. *Fingers crossed*

JBHuskers
10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Took 3 of 4 leagues this week. Unfortunately the loss was in my big money league to drop me to 5-3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ryby6969
10-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Started off 5-0 in my money league. Now have lost 3 straight. :(

morsdraconis
10-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Need 8 points between 3 players to get back on the W side of the column after two losses in my keeper league. Sitting at 5-2 currently and in 4th place.

psuexv
11-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Just not my year in Fantasy Football :smh:

Drew Brees throws a career high 5 INTs on TNF.

JBHuskers
11-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Just not my year in Fantasy Football :smh:

Drew Brees throws a career high 5 INTs on TNF.

That was huge for me. I'm in 3rd playing the 2nd place guy in my biggest $ league , so the winner gets a first round bye. He has Brees :up:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

skipwondah33
11-30-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm at 8-3-1 in my $ league. Had a rough patch where I dropped 3 straight games and had a tie...a freaking tie because of Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe when they played the Steelers...Suisham tied the game up with his game winning FG.

My opponent this week has Brees which really helped that he had 5 int's. He also has the best record in the league at 10-2. Now I need Rogers to step and have a great game.

Lineup I went with this week

QB - Rogers
RB - Charles
RB - Green-Ellis
WR - Green
WR - Bowe
WR - Mike Williams (may change him for Josh Gordon)
WR/TE - Malcom Floyd
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Flex - Shane Vereen
Def - 49ers
K - Barth

JBHuskers
11-30-2012, 10:54 AM
My records in order from biggest money to lowest money league:

7-5 (3rd, 2nd most points for tiebreaker reasons)
5-6 (injuries murdered me in this league, I probably started 20 different RB's this year :D)
9-3 (3rd, stuck in a division with an 11-1 team, I'm the one who gave him the loss)
6-6 (my league, looking to make the playoffs for the first time in four years after making it the first 8 years of the league...another RB injury plagued team)

skipwondah33
11-30-2012, 11:39 AM
My other league (nfl.com) think I'm 8-3 or something. I forget about it and rarely adjust my lineup. Two of the games I lost were due to me having players on their bye weeks. I didn't even draft for that league but still got a solid team. Pretty sure I have the best record in the league.

My $ league though I need to win my division so my entrance fee is waived. And I get a bye

JBHuskers
12-01-2012, 03:42 PM
My records in order from biggest money to lowest money league:

7-5 (3rd, 2nd most points for tiebreaker reasons)
5-6 (injuries murdered me in this league, I probably started 20 different RB's this year :D)
9-3 (3rd, stuck in a division with an 11-1 team, I'm the one who gave him the loss)
6-6 (my league, looking to make the playoffs for the first time in four years after making it the first 8 years of the league...another RB injury plagued team)

Hah not giving myself enough credit. I'm 7-5 in my league. Currently 6th. Basically a must win to not have to worry about making it, but I could lose and get help.

CLW
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Playoff time in the BIG $ league (finished season 2nd most points but in 3rd place due to being in same division as most points and I finished 1 game back of him)

Here is my roster for this week Bold = current starter:

QB: Peyton; Kaepernick
RB: Spiller; Ridley; Stewart; McFadden; McCoy;
WR: Cobb; Hilton​; Steve Johnson; Nicks; Blackmon
WR/TE: Graham; Steve Johnson; Nicks; Blackmon
K: Bailey
D: Pittsburgh

Any thoughts? I am considering starting McFadden over Ridley. I'm probably a slight dog in my matchup opponent is starting (Ryan; Chris Johnson; Murray; Dez Bryant; Marshall; James Jones; Akers; Seattle)

Oddities of my league: PPR; lots of "crazy" bonuses for huge yardage gains both as a single play and TDs; points for return yards (thus Hilton and Cobb getting lots of play for me)

Kev5890
12-14-2012, 09:29 AM
I will post my lineup so you guys know who not to start. I have made so many terrible decisions this year in fantasy football. Starting Bryce Brown over Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis was just another poor decision to add to the list.

skipwondah33
12-26-2012, 09:43 AM
The 2012 NFL.com (League 1136163) Champions

http://s.nflcdn.com/static/content/public/static/img/fantasy/trophyroom/trophy_1.png

Interesting because I didn't draft this team, though I did pick up some very solid selections via trade and free agency. Went 10-4

QB - Matt Schaub (auto draft)
QB - Philip Rivers (auto draft)
HB - Marshawn Lynch (auto draft)
HB - Alfred Morris (pick up)
HB - Chris Johnson (auto draft)
HB - Darren McFadden (auto draft
HB - Felix Jones (pick up)
WR - Vincent Jackson (auto draft)
WR - Mike Williams (pick up)
WR - Mike Wallace (via trade)
WR - Roddy White (via trade)
WR - Denarius Moore (pick up)
TE - Tony Gonzalez (auto draft)
K - Matt Bryant (pick up)
D/ST - Steelers (via trade)

Start of the season I made this trade

Brandon Marshall
Eric Decker
Bears D

For

Mike Wallace
Roddy White
Steelers D

Either way this trade would have been solid though it would have worked out a litter better had I not made it. Still won the Title though

$ league

Finished regular season 9-3-1, which was good for 3rd place missing 2nd for $25 by that damn tie game I had.

Got beat in 2nd round of playoffs. Naturally Rodgers has his best games in the 2 games after...:fp:

This team I drafted, along with several pick ups

QB - Aaron Rodgers (drafted)
QB - Carson Palmer (drafted)
RB - Jamaal Charles (drafted)
RB - Benjarvis Green-Ellis (drafted)
RB - Shane Vereen (pick up)
WR - AJ Green (drafted)
WR - Dwayne Bowe (drafted - released)
WR - Mike Williams (drafted)
WR - Michael Floyd (drafted - released)
WR - Emmanual Sanders (drafted)
TE - Martellus Bennett (drafted)