PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty/Dynasty Wire Servers

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Looks like they're doing something to the servers because nothing on the EA Servers is working now....

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Looks like they're doing something to the servers because nothing on the EA Servers is working now....

Their OD servers had been off and on with me all day.

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I too had problems at times last night. All I did was keep hammering the retry now choice and it would finally go through.

DariusLock
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
I think they should upgrade the servers, since they are charging all these extra fees.

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:35 AM
From what I've heard from Adam Thompson at EA, is that they have upgraded the servers. If I can find his comment on this I'll post it here as well.

Here what Adam said when I was asking him about the servers and disconnects last year in user verse user games:

Re: Online Dynasty Question

Hard to say. I don't work with server/online stuff like Online Dynasty. We did do a hardware upgrade this year that is supposed to solve a lot of those issues.

CLW
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
This game has had a TON of early issues with online functionality. Last night I had the game/PS3 completely lock up and every time you go to check a message the system goes to a near crawl. Allot of the online games have also had pretty significant lagg.

psusnoop
07-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I never get to excited for the first two weeks of online play really. There is always going to be the lag issues at some point around release and I'd hope that come 2 weeks or so EA has this running smoothly.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Looks like no one can view my OD Dynasty Wire stuff at all. Gives people errors when I link to the stories now... (sigh)

CLW
07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Looks like no one can view my OD Dynasty Wire stuff at all. Gives people errors when I link to the stories now... (sigh)

That sucks man. Beginning to wonder if this great idea in theory is going to fall flat due to poor resources/implementation.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
That sucks man. Beginning to wonder if this great idea in theory is going to fall flat due to poor resources/implementation.

Yeah. I think I'm just going to forgo the singleplayer OD portion and just do it offline like always. Works better for me anyway since I can take photos how I WANT instead of it choosing stupid photos and not lettings me go into practice mode and take the photos I want to take.

oweb26
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Am I the only one who is taking forever to load the : deleting temp files: when advancing the week. Sometimes it will take about 30 sec just now I waited 5 min. Whats even worse is its step 5 of 5.

It started yesterday sometime just acting crazy and It hasn't been right since.

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah. I think I'm just going to forgo the singleplayer OD portion and just do it offline like always. Works better for me anyway since I can take photos how I WANT instead of it choosing stupid photos and not lettings me go into practice mode and take the photos I want to take.

I'll probably do the same thing. I may actually start a new one with same team and use ID's rosters

SirHellraiser
07-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I cant go to dynasty.easports.com to view the wire but i can go online to my xbox and see it from there within the game But had some connection issue with the server They must have HP servers I think i need to call EA and sell them ours servers lol

souljahbill
07-16-2010, 12:03 PM
When you go into Storybuilder, the first empty box says "Platform Title" and it's a required field. What does that even mean?

morsdraconis
07-16-2010, 12:15 PM
When you go into Storybuilder, the first empty box says "Platform Title" and it's a required field. What does that even mean?

I had no idea myself. I just put what week the story was for. (shrugs)

gschwendt
07-16-2010, 12:43 PM

I had no idea myself. I just put what week the story was for. (shrugs)
It's the title that will appear on the console side of things. That's the only place I've seen it show up.

SirHellraiser
07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I had to download a new browser google chrome to see my dynasty my IE 7 would not see it

souljahbill
07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
It's the title that will appear on the console side of things. That's the only place I've seen it show up.

That's what I was about to post. I just saw it in my dynasty. Wish it would've said so on the Storybuilder page but glad to know it now.

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Went down when i was recruiting... :'(
I am willing to wait though, every game has problems the first week or two it's released. I'm loving the game and the new online dynasty look and new recruiting system a lot!

Cipher 8
07-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't wait til the game is over to do my video/photo highlights. What I do is if I'm playing against the computer in OD and I just made a good play and I know I want to take a photo or save highlight of it, I'll pause the game and go to highlights and do it right there. Instead of waiting til the end of the game. That way you can save any highlight you want and view any replay you want to take a picture from. If you wait til after the game it's hard trying to remember when you made that awesome break away run or w/e. I do go into highlights at the end of the game though and delete the ones they automatically do for me.

Hope this helps.

Rudy
07-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I think I'm going to stick with a truly offline dynasty mode as well. I don't want to lose anything ever due to server failure. I can't access the site at work anyway. I don't trust some of these online issues.

HuskerBlitz
07-16-2010, 05:32 PM
I think I'm going to stick with a truly offline dynasty mode as well. I don't want to lose anything ever due to server failure. I can't access the site at work anyway. I don't trust some of these online issues.

Same with me. I was so looking forward to using Dynasty Wire and being able to recruit from my computer but there are too many bugs that need to be worked out and I don't want to wait for that to happen.

souljahbill
07-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I think I figured out how to get Dynasty Wire to work so other people can see it. In the dynasty hub, there should be a checked box that says member's only. Uncheck the box and it allows your dynasty to be seen publicly. Check out my dynasty thread. (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?596-Souljahbill-s-quot-Coach-Toval-quot-Dynasty&p=12772#post12772) If it's not working, let me know.

SmoothPancakes
07-17-2010, 01:10 AM
So I'm still debating on going with this or not for my single player OD. I know a lot of people, both here and on other forums are planning on offline dynasties simply for coaching offers and conference invites. But I'm setting up my Navy dynasty along the lines of HuskerBlitz and the Prairie Dogs, where I'm going to stay at Navy essentially forever, just change who the "coach" is every so often. And because of Navy's long tradition as an Independent (plus some changes I will be making with custom conferences), Navy is going to remain an Independent forever. So conference invites, coaching offers, and hire/fire ability means absolutely nothing whatsoever to me for my dynasty.

The only thing is gonna be how long it takes for them to get the server issues worked out and do I feel like taking the risk of potentially having their servers crash or something and losing everything.

AustinWolv
07-20-2010, 09:44 AM

Well, I was enjoying it until I lost a recruiting session with one of my top recruits just now. First non-recoverable error I've encountered, as I don't care that much about losing stories in a single-player OD.