PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Gazette: Review: 'NCAA 11' best college football game yet

irishfbfan1
07-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Review: 'NCAA 11' best college football game yet
By Jeff Rider, Staff writer
The Charleston Gazette

The "NCAA Football" franchise has spent this console generation playing catch-up to its big brother, the "Madden NFL" series. Since its debut on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, EA Sports' college football sim has been hampered by hand-me-down technology, missing features and a number of bugs and glitches.

With the launch of "NCAA Football 11," however, developer Tiburon has significantly closed that gap. There's still room for improvement, but "NCAA 11" is a major step forward for the franchise.

Thanks to a new locomotion engine, greatly improved visuals and presentation, and revamped playbooks that showcase the variety of offenses you see on Saturdays, "NCAA Football 11" looks and feels like real college football. If you've played past editions of "NCAA Football," you know that hasn't always been the case. "NCAA 11" is different, though.

It's hard to explain, but "NCAA 11" feels like the most "honest" college football game I've played. With the new locomotion running mechanics and Dual Stick controls that maps jukes and spins to the right analog stick, I feel in total control of my player at all times - on both sides of the ball. So when I fail to hit a hole as a running back or whiff on a tackle as a DB, I feel like it's my fault as a player and not the byproduct of getting caught up in an animation.

Read the full review here (http://wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/201007090305).

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh snap my hometown putting up some ink.

CLW
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm kind of sick/tired of the media proclaiming EVERYTHING new the best thing ever. They do this on ESPN all the time claiming this was the greatest game ever; greatest team ever; greatest player ever etc... Our media has turned into nothing more than a hype machine. But I digress....

Its far too early to give a final judgment for 11 in my mind. So far, I've enjoyed the game but I can allready see some annoyances. I feel its a definite improvement from 10 and probably the best title on next-gen but I'm not sure if it tops the 04-05 days in terms of overall enjoyment.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm kind of sick/tired of the media proclaiming EVERYTHING new the best thing ever. They do this on ESPN all the time claiming this was the greatest game ever; greatest team ever; greatest player ever etc... Our media has turned into nothing more than a hype machine. But I digress....

Its far too early to give a final judgment for 11 in my mind. So far, I've enjoyed the game but I can allready see some annoyances. I feel its a definite improvement from 10 and probably the best title on next-gen but I'm not sure if it tops the 04-05 days in terms of overall enjoyment.

I agree with C, in the 9 or so games Ive played (which have all been user vs user) I'm thoroughly enjoying it man. It is what I kinda hoped and thought it would be and that is (the improvement like Madden 10 was from 09). It is definitely a step in the right direction in my mind. Now I have only played user opponents and hope to keep it that way for the most part.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh snap my hometown putting up some ink.

Yeah man. I was surprised as hell to see this here. Why are THEY reviewing the game? :)

I've had nothing but a blast with the game so far, but I've only played one user vs user game (which was a VERY good game) and a bunch of cpu vs cpu games (had a close one with my all B team against Georgia Tech that was a LOT of fun).

irishfbfan1
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM

You are entitled to your opinion as well, but I will say this, been playing these games since they first came out, played all of them from madden on, THIS, THE BEST GAME I HAVE PLAYED!
The feel is solid, playing on SLOW is where its at. Enjoy all the animations, the reads on the option, breaking on the football, this is a damn good football game whether one wants to hear, or whether one is tired of hearing. Loving the hell out of it!