PDA

View Full Version : Madden demo expected 8/14

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/news/566832/madden-nfl-13-demo-arrives-august-14th-ps3-360-vita/

The official Playstation Blogcast (roughly at the 18:18 point (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/09/playstation-blogcast-037-shapin-sounds-all-around/)) announced the Madden NFL 13 demo arrives on Tuesday, August 14th for PS3 and Vita, which means 360 owners should see the demo that morning.

No details have been announced, but at least we know the release date.

Thanks to iloveparkmin for the earlier link.

skipwondah33
08-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Sweet.

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
These are labeled Demo Sneak Peak so we should expect SEA vs WAS and SF vs NYG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-8dUMBGq4&feature=em-uploademail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZorsYuZ1rw&feature=em-uploademail

JBHuskers
08-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Sweet, get to test Smith to Moss and RG III.

skipwondah33
08-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Sweet, get to test Smith to Moss and RG III.+1

psuexv
08-10-2012, 03:03 PM
From Dewiel - JDewiel: @Steve_OS you can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game.

And is it just me or is the OS site showing all crappy for anyone else

jaymo76
08-10-2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/article/madden-nfl-13-demo-aug-14

Rudy
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
The coaches' neck and shoulders are WAY too big. Carroll looks like he's wearing a neck guard and pads under his shirt lol. Not a big deal for me but it's really off. Surprised they couldn't do a little better job with that.

NO Sliders in this year's demo unlike last year. Kind of bummed about that.

Rudy
08-10-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't understand the choice of Seattle unless people want to play with Lynch. Dallas or Philly vs. the Redskins would have been better imo. It is nice to have two different games though.

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't understand the choice of Seattle unless people want to play with Lynch. Dallas or Philly vs. the Redskins would have been better imo. It is nice to have two different games though.Probably Nike worked out a deal with EA so they can show off their new uniforms.

skipwondah33
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Glad you can change the difficulty. I don't play the CPU, but still to get a feel for All-Madden

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't understand the choice of Seattle unless people want to play with Lynch.Seattle's been one of the more talked about teams this off-season, thanks to a lot of drama and Flynn/Wilson/Jackson. That's about the only reason I can think of.

The coaches' neck and shoulders are WAY too big. Carroll looks like he's wearing a neck guard and pads under his shirt lol. Not a big deal for me but it's really off. Surprised they couldn't do a little better job with that.Holy crap, you aren't kiddin'.

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Matt Flynn looks distinctly like one of the NCAA default faces.

jaymo76
08-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Based on those intros, I wasn't all that impressed. Honestly I picture them getting very repetitive and IMO NCAA 13's pre-game blows them away. I know a lot of people see Madden 13 as the second coming... but... I just don't see it. I haven't really noticed the physics in the videos thus far and even though the idea od CCM sounds great, they have just removed far too many things for me to think otherwise. I will try it out with season ticket but at this pint it's a no purchase for me.

As for the Seahawks in the demo... I like that they put in an avg team. The Seahawks alt unis however... :fp: :down:

skipwondah33
08-11-2012, 06:46 PM
All intro's are repetitive. As is NCAA's and the "i gotta pee dance" the players do. I X through them anyway

Don't think they are even shown Online.

JeffHCross
08-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Based on those intros, I wasn't all that impressed. Honestly I picture them getting very repetitive and IMO NCAA 13's pre-game blows them away.I think the visuals of NCAA's intros are better, but I think the audio that accompanies Madden's intro is superior. Of course, that's assuming that the audio is not repetitive, and that two Franchise mode games are not going to sound the same. NCAA doesn't have that level of dynamic in its intro, and I think that's the next level the intros need to reach (along with having wayyyyyy too much dead air) before those intros really feel "real".

jaymo76
08-12-2012, 12:39 AM
I think the visuals of NCAA's intros are better, but I think the audio that accompanies Madden's intro is superior. Of course, that's assuming that the audio is not repetitive, and that two Franchise mode games are not going to sound the same. NCAA doesn't have that level of dynamic in its intro, and I think that's the next level the intros need to reach (along with having wayyyyyy too much dead air) before those intros really feel "real".

See I am willing to bet that the Madden 13 intros will be even more generic than NCAA. Basically in the two demo videos you got to see a rivalry and a non-rivarly intro. As this is a new announcing team I just don't see them having the time for a wide variety of intros. I'm already tired of hearing Nantz start with "Hello friends" Madden does NOT have a proven track record when it comes to audio presentation. I think they are on the right track but my expectations for 13 in this regard are relatively low.

Rudy
08-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Madden does have a proven track record for commentary - a bad one. John Madden on the PS2 was very repetitive. You heard every line he said in 1.5 games. The next gen switch to PA announcer was a terrible decision to get away from TV style broadcast. I thought last year's commentary was OK which means it was really good by Madden standards. I wasn't a big fan of Gus Johnson but I liked Collinsworth. Now we get a first year team in Nantz (who I think will be really good) and Simms (who may be too boring like Herbie). At least they are trying. The NCAA team has stuck with Herbie for FAR too long. They need a new announcing duo as their commentary, pre-game and everything else is super stale.

I did prefer Madden's presentation a lot more than NCAA last year. You got a lot of stats and overlays throughout and the cut scenes actually came at the right time and the right amount. It did feel like a solid TV style presentation. NCAA is missing that.

JeffHCross
08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
They need a new announcing duo as their commentary, pre-game and everything else is super stale.I've never understood why completely starting the audio over from scratch is thought to enhance the commentary though. And I think, no matter who you get, the color guy is going to have the same problem Herbie does ... Herbie provides perspective and thought-out commentary in real life. The game just doesn't allow for that. There aren't too many NCAA color guys that wouldn't have the same issue.

steelerfan
08-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I've never understood why completely starting the audio over from scratch is thought to enhance the commentary though. And I think, no matter who you get, the color guy is going to have the same problem Herbie does ... Herbie provides perspective and thought-out commentary in real life. The game just doesn't allow for that. There aren't too many NCAA color guys that wouldn't have the same issue.

Agreed. Look at how many times Madden has started over. Madden's commentary has been atrocious this whole generation. Starting over sets you back, imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Rudy
08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I've never understood why completely starting the audio over from scratch is thought to enhance the commentary though. And I think, no matter who you get, the color guy is going to have the same problem Herbie does ... Herbie provides perspective and thought-out commentary in real life. The game just doesn't allow for that. There aren't too many NCAA color guys that wouldn't have the same issue.

Starting over from scratch with anybody will be better than what NCAA has right now for me. I honestly don't even listen to them anymore even though I don't mute the commentary. I can't even tell you what new commentary there is because I just tune them out unless they say something stupid (like Nessler commenting about me taking a TO because my squad is rattled, not because it's smart clock management). Herbie is just so, so tired right now. They need a new voice, anything imo.

Of course a first year of commentary will be a step back in total number of audio lines and it will have some rough edges to it but it's a necessary evil to keep the series fresh. A lot of people are calling NCAA stale and this is just another area that adds to that feeling. I agree Madden has changed announcers too much but NCAA needs to seriously add a third wheel to the booth or drop someone.

Gary Danielson would be great. He has good analysis and also can be critical and entertaining at times. Herbie is a snoozefest for a video game. I've said I liked Chris Collinsworth and some of his lines in Madden were funny. Something like when a QB misses a pass the WR will say it's OK but seriously think the QB is terrible. Stuff like is necessary. Herbie needs some humour to his game and he has none.

I will say the best sports announcing team I've ever heard is the MLB 2K team of Gary Thorne, Steve Phillips and Kruk. Great variety of lines - both for the game you are playing and season long comments. Stuff is recorded together and it's just fantastic. I don't know the NBA 2K series well so I can't say how good they are. I thought Live 10s commentary by EA was really good too.

Rudy
08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
One good/bad thing about the demo this Tuesday is that I'm leaving early Wednesday for work in Kitchener. Have to stay overnight Wednesday (hopefully it's just one night) but I'm going to bring my PS3 with me. Screw the kids! They can use the Wii lol. The hotel has new flat screens and I've noticed most hotels with the new TVs don't block the input channels anymore. I will be getting MORE gaming time in since I'll be by myself.

jaymo76
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
One good/bad thing about the demo this Tuesday is that I'm leaving early Wednesday for work in Kitchener. Have to stay overnight Wednesday (hopefully it's just one night) but I'm going to bring my PS3 with me. Screw the kids! They can use the Wii lol. The hotel has new flat screens and I've noticed most hotels with the new TVs don't block the input channels anymore. I will be getting MORE gaming time in since I'll be by myself.

Nice! It's always great when you get a chance to have some free time to play a new game.