PDA

View Full Version : The Rant & Rave About Random Online Players Thread

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
It's inevitable, so we might as well start it now. :D

I have my first one today. He chose Ohio State, so I immediately knew what he was going to do. Ran ONE play all game long and other than the first drive, had it completely shut down. He'd run 5 Wide with a streak on one side, and a crossing route on the other side coming across the field. He'd roll out in the direction of the crossing route and if it wasn't open, he'd bomb it to the streak route. He scored on the first drive with the bomb so I eventually went to Dime Cover 2 Man, controlled the blitzing LB and took away the crossing route(after he threw 2 picks testing me).

Final score was 36-20 when he quit right after I walked in a pick for a touchdown.

He was also getting a great bump out of Cover 3, which is weird to say the least. Nonetheless, it was the first game I went over 400 yards of offense, and also the first that I threw for over 300 yards. It's good to know that we can stop scramblers this year without blitzing 500 guys.

Let the ranting begin!

*Note: I'll definitely use this thread more than anyone since 90% of my games are against random players.

voltool16
07-14-2010, 01:28 PM
i am 2 and 2 now. lost once fair and sqaure but the second got cheesed all game.

MRKUSH96 runs the same two pass plays all game. either a deep te inside post which the ai never covers....no matter what yo do or a pass to the flats to a rb.

if you user cover with a safety to take away the inside te post hell just audible and throw to the rb for 4 yards every time.

contain, man, zone, blitz, cover 2, cover 3, i picked a different play every play on d and he ran this play over a dozen times. he beatme with florida 21 to 14 on a play that he snapped with one second left. he knew he couldnt kick a field goal form the 15 cause his stick skills suck so he went for the win on his crap play. im not kidding when i say his tight end had 10 catches....all on the same play and the rb had half a dozen. total bs.

my d literally had to become a guessing game of who to user cover every play....the te or the rb. still could have done better than 14 but only had 4 drives. since he icked up 4 constantly to the flats he just chewed clock.

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I just played against a cheeser that used OSU. On offense he would just run straight to the sideline, and if he was running a screen play he would just drop straight back. I put my DEs on contain, and it shut down his whole offense. On D, it seemed like he blitzed everyone somehow, so I just ate him up with screens. He conceded defeat after I ran another successful screen to get me to the 2 yard line. I had Miami and the final score was 21-0.

delarge05
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I had a guy last night beg me to friendly quit at halftime. He was the #5 ranked player on the game so far. xXMileyCyrusxX was his psn. He was 16-0 and I was up 7-3 LSU vs Bama. He sends me a message about his daughter was in a car accident and he had to go. If I let him go he will give me free wins on his other account. I said to myself this has to be the biggest load of shit I have ever heard. If my daughter was in accident I would just quit the damn game on the spot. I told him its not gonna happen. So we continued to play the game(Now we know its a lie) and I beat him 24-10. He pulled the plug on the game right as it was over and the option to quit came up and I took my win. Is the game really that serious that you have to come up with lies like that just to stay undefeated? I hope this guy does not really have a daughter!

cdj
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't mind ranting about online games and what you see (we want to know what the trends are online), but let's NOT post the ID of others who aren't here as they may take it the wrong way and come here to start trouble. Thanks!

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
:D I've heard so much shit like that before. Just like you said, if someone was hurt, I'd instantly power the thing off without even thinking about it. What an idiot.

CLW
07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
*Note: I'll definitely use this thread more than anyone since 90% of my games are against random players.

Just out of curiosity is there any reason you play most of your games in the East Room? I too started out that way back in the PS2 days but quickly gravitated to leagues on league daddy and online dynasties.

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
It's just easier to find a game, and I enjoy the challenge of having to adapt to stop people.

delarge05
07-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't mind ranting about online games and what you see (we want to know what the trends are online), but let's NOT post the ID of others who aren't here as they may take it the wrong way and come here to start trouble. Thanks!

My bad Cdj I understand where u r coming from I just wanted to point that out and maybe give some of the other guys the heads up on this particular guy.

cdj
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
My bad Cdj I understand where u r coming from I just wanted to point that out and maybe give some of the other guys the heads up on this particular guy.

I understand, it's a fine line to walk. Maybe we can take the opposite approach. Only post the names of the legit players online so we keep an eye out for them and also hope they find out they were given props here and then join.

Flav
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
I just played the biggest bum ever!! He was Alabama and I was Michigan. He ran Ace TE Cross all game and when he didn't pass he just ran with Ingram. Needless to say, I was down 17-10 with about 3 minutes left and I scored to tie it up 17-17. I messed around with my defense then got a pick and scored a touchdown with Mike Shaw. Ended up winning 24-17!

delarge05
07-15-2010, 02:35 PM
I understand, it's a fine line to walk. Maybe we can take the opposite approach. Only post the names of the legit players online so we keep an eye out for them and also hope they find out they were given props here and then join.

Great idea and that is why u r one of our fearless leaders cdj!!!!....I love this site!!!

JBHuskers
07-15-2010, 02:37 PM

There is one name I need to out....that I OU a Beatn guy.....such cheese ;)

delarge05
07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
LOL

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
:D:D

ram29jackson
07-15-2010, 05:21 PM

:P can we at least just mock him for using mileycyrus as a name in the first place-period:D

I do find it funny that a guy who calls himself IOU abeatn is starting a thread on cheesers.:D

I'm, sure youre a good guy. All I am saying is, if I decide to play a -random- I would avoid a name like yours haha.

the other thing is, most so called cheesers had better be, at worst, under 22 years old.

its sad if someone in their 20s can only go online to use 2 plays, never punts, kick offs have to be an angle they found that screws with AI ( does thast still happen ?)

EA doesnt give out prizes, so who cares, whos number one ?
these games have way more colors, animations, logic, than they ever had. And these village idiots still play the game like its an 8 or 16 bit....?
I want to play online...i'm not that great...but its the only way I get to play a game where something different may happen than playing AI by myself. But it gives me anxiety because i'm playing someone I cant communicate with in person.

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love playing realistic football. I love it, and I ALWAYS start out playing straight. However, when my opponent decides to start being a douchebag, I quickly become a douchebag myself.

ram29jackson
07-17-2010, 01:55 PM
second game online this year - wasnt that extreme a cheeser ( in other words- not every play)

but when he felt the need to gain advantage= back pedal QB 20 yards looking for open man.

thats what pisses me off 2 scores to his advantage from just chucking.

even guys who think they play straight never stay in the pocket realisticly :mad:

all my creative ,short gains, wasted. and I had a decent run game going

but it seems play now games are the only ones that work.

i'm sure theres plenty of cheese in the teambuilder lobby but I still want to play there haha but it doesnt seem to work yet?