PDA

View Full Version : Best defenses versus Read Option?

the best
08-07-2012, 10:27 PM
How do you stop this crap.

i can stop it if i run my FS down soon as the play starts and hit the qb or rb.

but if i dont they let the qb go for big yards.

its like a glitch the corners run away from the play and the SS and others.

How do i shut this down.

what defenses of play will stop this.

I know 3-4 contains it the best.

psusnoop
08-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I run a combo of things.

Your not ever going to stop it completely, you need to "contain" it and force them out of it and make them pass or something else for a first down.

I run a combo on defense of 3/4 packages, 335 packages, a 3/4 with a 4/3 look, 326 dollar formations, 425 as well. And I blitz a lot and occasionally through my ends into contain. Maybe blitz one side and that side through the end into contain with a hot route. Or if I think the user is onto it, I will act like I did just that but don't (I hate it when they cut up field for big gains inside of my pressure and contain). Just have to be patient and really make them work harder then you while they are on offense. It is a deadly offense especially with an accurate QB.

gigemaggs99
08-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Like PSU said perhaps blitzing the side of the read option will help. You might also try on the gameplan feature to either key in on the pitch man or the QB, then whatever the rest of the defense is keying in on you use your user controlled player to key in on the other...that way they have one guy contained while you have the other.

EDJ
08-12-2012, 05:15 PM
If I expect a Read Option, I run a CB Blitz. If you're in 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 the Safety blitzes should work too. I use the Nickel Strong and send the safety and control the backside DE.