View Full Version : 2012 NFL Talk

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

baseballplyrmvp
12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
he didnt seem too bummed about it in his post game interview

CLW
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM

nope and more concerned about winning the game and making the playoffs.

SmoothPancakes
12-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Oh no, he was definitely happy to be going to the playoffs, which was great to hear, more concerned about the team than him stats, but still, just a casual observation as a fan, damn that's rough to come so close, only to end up running out of time.

JeffHCross
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Alfred Morris for RoY. Seriously.

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/RomoCologne.png

ram29jackson
12-31-2012, 12:49 AM
listen...whats that sound ?

its all the Steelers going home making vacation plans :sf::Pitt_Steelers: :P

ram29jackson
12-31-2012, 12:50 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/307685_406783922733094_1404980616_n.png

they lost on the Road in Miami. I hope they lose on the road in Washington.

morsdraconis
12-31-2012, 04:50 AM
Alfred Morris for RoY. Seriously.

I know right?

I'm gonna be pissed when Griffin (or, ridiculous as it sounds, Russell Wilson wins it) and Morris gets screwed.

Dude broke the Redskins rushing record (which Portis did was FAR less talent at the offensive line position), he's 3rd all time in yards for a rookie (and NEARLY 2nd), and he's 2nd in the league in rushing (and, if not for AP's RIDICULOUS year, would probably be leading the league in rushing).

If he doesn't deserve the RotY award, then no one does. Yes, I know Griffin was most definitely part of his success, but Morris is FAR MORE a part of Griffin's success than Griffin being part of his. Morris is constantly breaking tackles and pushing piles to get more yards. People are fuckin' nuts if they don't think that Morris is second (behind AP's ridiculous season) in yards after contact. The dude powers through more tackles than anyone has in DC since the legendary John Riggins did in '83.

steelerfan
12-31-2012, 05:15 AM
listen...whats that sound ?

its all the Steelers going home making vacation plans :sf::Pitt_Steelers: :P

You missed your chance at this joke last week, Bandwagon Buttfuck. Nice try though. Here's a bag of dicks for your effort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
12-31-2012, 06:40 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

JeffHCross
12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Dude broke the Redskins rushing record (which Portis did was FAR less talent at the offensive line position), he's 3rd all time in yards for a rookie (and NEARLY 2nd), and he's 2nd in the league in rushing (and, if not for AP's RIDICULOUS year, would probably be leading the league in rushing).Did you mean MORE talent at OL? I don't remember that Wash team, but the way you put it diminishes Morris' accomplishment, and I don't figure that was your intent.

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Black Monday.

Lovie Smith the latest to get fired. 10-win season, but Da Bears have missed the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years.

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Reid (Eagles), Gailey (Bills), Crennel (Chiefs), Turner (Chargers) are either rumored or already axed.

SmoothPancakes
12-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Latest rumor my friend over in Cleveland has heard, Josh McDaniels is one of the shortlist candidates to replace Shurmur at Cleveland. :D

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Latest rumor my friend over in Cleveland has heard, Josh McDaniels is one of the shortlist candidates to replace Shurmur at Cleveland. :D

:D just when you think they're close to digging out of the hole, they go diving back in.

Bears short list includes McCoy from Denver (OC), possibly ex-Raven HC Brian Billick. Jack Del Rio's name was thrown around, and I wouldn't mind him, but Todd Haley's name was on that list too. I'd almost rather have McDaniels. Everyone is saying Cowher, but I dunno if he'll ever coach again. I wouldn't mind Da Bears going after Bruce Ariens, but of course they can't talk about that until after the Colts are elminated.

Seems like McCoy is the leader in the clubhouse, and I don't really know what to think about that. I wouldn't mind seeing an offensive head coach, as long as they'd retain Marinelli.

SmoothPancakes
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
That's the one thing I hate about the end of the season. Denver get's a good group of coaches, and then other teams start pilfering them here and there. If I'm Elway and Bowlen, I'm giving McCoy a raise immediately to try and keep him in Denver.

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Another axe drops. Ken Wisenhunt is fired from Arizona.

steelerfan
12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Another axe drops. Ken Wisenhunt is fired from Arizona.

This has been the rumored destination for Haley all along. We'll see.

Rudy
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't give Haley another look, at least not this soon. I don't like him that much period. He doesn't seem easy to work with.

Josh McDaniel could be good in his second stint if he learned from his Denver experience and is willing to change. He had too much control at too young an age. He probably wasn't ready.

The way Andy Reid's offense turned to crap makes me think he might not be such a good hire. The OL and the injuries certainly hurt but people seemed to have caught on to his system.

Lovie Smith is the top guy on this list that I would hire. The players like him. There are a lot of other people I would blame for their disappointment this year over him.

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Haley was listed in some possible candidates for Chicago. I said FUCK THAT.

ram29jackson
12-31-2012, 02:14 PM
You missed your chance at this joke last week, Bandwagon Buttfuck. Nice try though. Here's a bag of dicks for your effort.

I'm actually early because I said they were in decline a year ago. :nod:

seriously though, how bad is the league now when 3 teams with rookie QBs make the playoffs ?

JBHuskers
12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Brilliant :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/cbs_zpsbc5bafda.jpg

steelerfan
12-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Haley was listed in some possible candidates for Chicago. I said FUCK THAT.

Can't blame you there.

ram29jackson
12-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Brilliant :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/cbs_zpsbc5bafda.jpg

bingo- ding ding ding )))) LOL

JeffHCross
12-31-2012, 05:15 PM
seriously though, how bad is the league now when 3 teams with rookie QBs make the playoffs ?I fail to see how that makes the league bad. The fact that there's parity in the league isn't news.

Rudy
12-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Luck,RG3 and Russell Wilson haven't been care taking rookies either. They have led their clubs to the playoffs. rG3 has an incredible QB rating and Russell Wilson tied Peyton Manning's rookie QB record of 28 TDs. It's only a problem if they have been bad. This is a bright spot for the league.

morsdraconis
12-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Did you mean MORE talent at OL? I don't remember that Wash team, but the way you put it diminishes Morris' accomplishment, and I don't figure that was your intent.

Actually, I very much meant it that way. That offensive line was atrocious and it was 4 yards and a cloud of dust most of the time for Portis with VERY little 10+ yard gains.

It doesn't take away anything from what Morris did though.

Rudy
12-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Morris will be downgraded because of the factory of 1000 yard rushers Shanahan has put out over the years. Guys like Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary may hurt his case for ROY in some eyes. Plus it's a QB league and you fight an uphill battle if you were a late pick and not promoted by the league.

plotty
01-01-2013, 07:09 AM
One person I was shocked to not get the axe was Pioli in KC, and it might happen once Cunt, er I mean Hunt hires a new HC. Sure we all knew Crennel was done but the real body of work that should be shown the door was Pioli. His draft strategy has been atrocious. Even the sun shines on a dog's ass (see Justin Houston) once in a while, but other draft picks have been downright awful for their position (see Jon Baldwin, Stanzi among many others).

Rudy
01-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree. Pioli and his strict policies and act needed to go but he has made that organization a ton of money while he's been there. I don't think ownership has made a full push to win and they are happy with Pioli's business acts. He operates below the cap and turns a good profit.

JBHuskers
01-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Sounds like it's going to be Andy Reid to Arizona.

SmoothPancakes
01-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Sounds like it's going to be Andy Reid to Arizona.

Not surprising that he's about to be snapped up so quickly. I am slightly surprised that someone grabbed Reid before Lovie. I figured he'd be the very first one off the market. If both Lovie and Reid were still available by this time next week, I'd be extremely surprised.

JBHuskers
01-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Not surprising that he's about to be snapped up so quickly. I am slightly surprised that someone grabbed Reid before Lovie. I figured he'd be the very first one off the market. If both Lovie and Reid were still available by this time next week, I'd be extremely surprised.

I could see Lovie going to San Diego.

SmoothPancakes
01-01-2013, 04:18 PM
I could see Lovie going to San Diego.

I hope not. I like San Diego being inept, makes things easier for Denver. :D

morsdraconis
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Truthfully, Reid is a good coach, but it'll be interesting to see how much of those draft decisions were his and how much input he actually had in getting guys like Vick and Asi.

JBHuskers
01-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I hope not. I like San Diego being inept, makes things easier for Denver. :D

:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
01-01-2013, 05:08 PM
San Diego will remain inept as long as Rivers is there. Unless they get some QB Guru genius of a head coach ... Rivers just isn't at that level.

morsdraconis
01-01-2013, 05:14 PM
San Diego will remain inept as long as Rivers is there. Unless they get some QB Guru genius of a head coach ... Rivers just isn't at that level.

I have to disagree. You just don't know the power of cancer that is Norv Turner. Rivers will be fine with a coach that's even decent, nevermind getting a coach that's great.

Norv Turner is the epitome of a coach that just doesn't give a fuck what his players do or say. He has no control over his lockeroom. It was like that in DC when he was there and it was like that in San Diego.

Rivers will be fine when they get a coach that can actually coach.

JeffHCross
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I disagree, though your anti-Turner bias is noted ;)

I just don't think Rivers is at that top tier yet. I think he still has a chance to get there, but a defensive minded coach like Lovie isn't going to help, unless he makes an excellent assistant hire.

SmoothPancakes
01-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I disagree, though your anti-Turner bias is noted ;)

I just don't think Rivers is at that top tier yet. I think he still has a chance to get there, but a defensive minded coach like Lovie isn't going to help, unless he makes an excellent assistant hire.

Yeah, but just look at Denver last year. Bring in John Fox, a defensive minded coach, and even with Tim Tebow at QB, the defense was beastly enough to carry Denver into the playoffs. San Diego went 7-9 this year, even with both Turner and Rivers. You bring in Lovie, which will help improve the defense, especially with him in the decision making in the draft and free agency, and even with Rivers next year, San Diego can still end up winning anywhere from 8-10 games with the improved defense, as long as they have a reasonable schedule.

This season, Denver had to overcome a 24-0 halftime deficit to beat the Chargers the first time (granted Peyton and the offense were still gelling at the time) and could never full shake the Chargers the second time around, only winning 30-23. You bring in Lovie and enter next season with an improved defense, even with Rivers still calling the plays, I think San Diego takes at least one game vs. Denver next year and pushes Denver the entire season for the AFC West.

JeffHCross
01-01-2013, 07:44 PM
True. But I don't see the Chargers turning around like that, even with a dominant defense.

steelerfan
01-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I thought it was mandatory that the Chargers hire Schottenheimer after firing Turner, and vice versa. ;)

JBHuskers
01-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I thought it was mandatory that the Chargers hire Schottenheimer after firing Turner, and vice versa. ;)

I think you're right.

plotty
01-02-2013, 07:03 AM
I agree. Pioli and his strict policies and act needed to go but he has made that organization a ton of money while he's been there. I don't think ownership has made a full push to win and they are happy with Pioli's business acts. He operates below the cap and turns a good profit.

And that is why Cunt is keeping him around. Screw money and get someone in there that can manage talent and find the right guys to win. At least another KC pro franchise owner (Glass) may have seen the light and has given Dayton Moore some leeway to spend a little.

JBHuskers
01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
In a "not so fast my friend" moment, Andy Reid is interviewing with the Chiefs today.

Rudy
01-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm not a huge fan of retread coaches. It's hard as a fan to know who is good though. You can look at the good co-ordinators but there is a big difference between being a coach and being the man. I think Kirk Ferentz could be good out of Iowa if he makes the jump. He's a former NFL guy with a lot of head coaching experience.

psuexv
01-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm not a huge fan of retread coaches. It's hard as a fan to know who is good though. You can look at the good co-ordinators but there is a big difference between being a coach and being the man. I think Kirk Ferentz could be good out of Iowa if he makes the jump. He's a former NFL guy with a lot of head coaching experience.

I don't mind coaches getting another chance, but I can't stand when coaches suck, go to another team suck, and then get another job and another job.

steelerfan
01-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't mind coaches getting another chance, but I can't stand when coaches suck, go to another team suck, and then get another job and another job.

Lane Kiffen, anyone? :D

SmoothPancakes
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Chip Kelly interviewing with Bills, Browns and Eagles. Trying to get the hell out of dodge before the NCAA hammer comes down?

morsdraconis
01-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Chip Kelly...Trying to get the hell out of dodge before the NCAA hammer comes down?

Most definitely. It's only a matter of time before it's found out that they've been cheating their asses off.

Rudy
01-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Chip Kelly interviewing with Bills, Browns and Eagles. Trying to get the hell out of dodge before the NCAA hammer comes down?

Quite possibly. I'd love to see what he could do in the NFL though. The NFL traditionalists will get their pitch forks out although they may be dull with the success of RG3 running some college stuff.

I'm personally not a fan of how spread teams in college always run their offense and seem to never mix in some traditional formations. The defense dictates a little too much to the offense and forces them to pass or run based on their look imo. I'm sure Kelly would mix things up more in the NFL but I don't know why college spread coaches don't get a little more diverse. Michigan ran all kinds of different things the last two years. It's not that hard to mix concepts from multiple systems. It could make you that much harder to prepare for.

steelerfan
01-02-2013, 07:20 PM

Most definitely. It's only a matter of time before it's found out that they've been cheating their asses off.

Hell, getting out before shit hit the fan worked for Pete Carroll. ;)

JeffHCross
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Not that I'd wish someone to be fired, but I would love to see what Kelly could do in Carolina with Newton.

JBHuskers
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Lovie is talking to Buffalo today. That's kinda funny because that's who hired Dick Jauron after he was fired by Da Bears.

JBHuskers
01-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Pioli must be a sweet talker. Sounds like Reid is going to take a deal with the Chiefs.

JBHuskers
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Pioli must be a sweet talker. Sounds like Reid is going to take a deal with the Chiefs.

My buddy who's a Chiefs season ticket holder (yeah I know :D) said Pioli isn't even in the decision, it's all Hunt.

Rudy
01-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Maybe Pioli will be pushed out or demoted if Reid gets there.

JBHuskers
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Maybe Pioli will be pushed out or demoted if Reid gets there.

It will happen after February 1st. If he is fired before then, he has a $7.5M buyout. That's why he's still there.

psusnoop
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
It will happen after February 1st. If he is fired before then, he has a $7.5M buyout. That's why he's still there.

That is certainly a good enough reason to wait

psuexv
01-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Not that I'd wish someone to be fired, but I would love to see what Kelly could do in Carolina with Newton.

I can answer that for you......Nothing :)

plotty
01-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Pioli done in KC. This was coming with the soon to be pending signing of Andy Reid and friends.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Pioli-Part-Ways/451c663a-9dab-40a6-a85e-8ea51870ce37

psuexv
01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/04/rex-ryan-wife-sanchez-tattoo/1808595/

Rex Ryan has a sexy tattoo of his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey

Now we know why it took so long for Rex Ryan to remove Mark Sanchez's name from the top of the depth chart: It was written in permanent ink.

In the latest bizarre twist to the everlasting circus of the New York Jets, the Friday cover of The New York Daily News shows a shirtless, vacationing Ryan with a sexy tattoo depicting his wife wearing only a Sanchez No. 6 jersey.

It was the worst use of ink by a member of the Jets since the team signed Sanchez to a contract extension that guaranteed him $8.25 million in 2013.

The newspaper saw Ryan sunbathing in the Bahamas, days after his Jets finished a disappointing 6-10 season. He was spied with two tattoos on his right arm. One was a shamrock that included the name of his wife, Michelle, and two children, Payton and Seth. The other was the "kinky inky" of Michelle, who is best known for her starring role in a foot fetish video that was uncovered two years ago. She's seductively posed on her knees while making "come hither" eyes and wearing Sanchez's number.

It's both baffling and completely understandable at the same time. Does Rex wear all his (Jets) emotions on his (tattooed) sleeve? We wonder if the inked Michelle has a Santonio Holmes' captain's "C" somewhere on her jersey. And we shudder to think about what horrors befall a theoretical tattooed Tim Tebow on Ryan's body. That view can't be pretty.

Ryan wouldn't comment when approached by the newspaper's reporter.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2013/01/04/ny_dn2-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

morsdraconis
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
It's Rex Ryan fuckin' with the media. Anyone that believes otherwise is insane.

JBHuskers
01-04-2013, 09:54 AM
It's funny seeing some Chiefs fans on Facebook. It's like they won the Super Bowl and going to repeat next year. Then there are some people that are getting butthurt about people making fun of them :D

baseballplyrmvp
01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
espn breaking news.....andy reid has reached an agreement to become cheifs next coach.

skipwondah33
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
It's funny seeing some Chiefs fans on Facebook. It's like they won the Super Bowl and going to repeat next year. Then there are some people that are getting butthurt about people making fun of them :DThis is their Super Bowl lol

Then again with the year they have had I can't blame them, both off the field and on the field.

Though coaching hasn't been the entire problem...putting the money they did into Matt Cassell was one of the problems

Rudy
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Yup. Investing big dollars and time in a QB who fails really hurts a franchise. That's why you have to double up on that position. People thought Seattle was dumb for signing Flynn and drafting Russell. Heck no. Invest in more than one person at that position. The Packers did that quite a bit in the past even when they had an established Favre (Brunell, Ty Detmer and Kurt Warner started out in a Packers camp). They also drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd round when they had Aaron as the starter (he was a failure but you still try). The Redskins weren't so stupid in drafting Cousins.

Even though many are happy with Ryan Tannehill it wouldn't hurt to draft another young QB (not first two rounds) and cover your ass in case Ryan gets hurt or fails. While most people around the NFL do all they can to avoid QB controversies, other players don't see a problem with it. Every other position in the NFL is fought over and competed for. Why should the QB position be so different unless you have an elite QB you are sold on? People were afraid Sanchez's feelings would get hurt when they talked to Peyton and brought Tebow in. Boo freaking hoo. The Jets stupidly guaranteed his contract to make him feel better. Sanchez had not shown he was the answer yet. If you are too timid and afraid of competition for your job you aren't the right guy for the job anyways.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Cleveland had a chance to start over and they fuck the pooch. :D

steelerfan
01-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Cleveland had a chance to start over and they fuck the pooch. :D

Two words that best describe Cleveland (in all seriousness): Perpetually Rebuilding.

SmoothPancakes
01-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Two words that best describe Cleveland (in all seriousness): Perpetually Rebuilding.

Yep. I have to agree completely with that. :D

Rudy
01-05-2013, 07:27 AM
The first thing Cleveland has to get right is the QB position. It's true for any franchise. When you don't have a QB you are constantly in flux and the Browns haven't had a good QB in a very long time. I'd argue since Bernie Kosar. Everyone else in the division has their QB (jury still out on Flacco but he's not bad) but the Browns are still searching.

jaymo76
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
The first thing Cleveland has to get right is the QB position. It's true for any franchise. When you don't have a QB you are constantly in flux and the Browns haven't had a good QB in a very long time. I'd argue since Bernie Kosar. Everyone else in the division has their QB (jury still out on Flacco but he's not bad) but the Browns are still searching.

I agree about needing a franchise QB. However, to be fair to Weeden, i thought he showed a lot of promise this season. The biggest issue is the talent around him. Talent makes good qb's great and makes bad ones average.

Rudy
01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Weeden will be 30 next year lol. By the time he's ready he will be in decline. He's older than Aaron Rodgers. That's the one reason I wouldn't have drafted him in the first two rounds. He came from a shotgun and spread type offense and would need time he didn't have to learn. Jury is still out on him too. A lot of the local Cleveland guys got fairly down on him over the course of the year. They have some decent weapons at WR but they need someone to become a great weapon.

The Cleveland guys did defend Weeden a bit and actually said it's unfair how much the Browns fans have praised Richardson who didn't really have a great rookie year. He caught the ball out of the backfield well and scored some TDs but he only averaged 3.6 ypc. He did have rib issues but 3.6 is awful (ranks 40 out of 44 qualifiers).

baseballplyrmvp
01-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Weeden will be 30 next year lol. By the time he's ready he will be in decline. He's older than Aaron Rodgers. That's the one reason I wouldn't have drafted him in the first two rounds. He came from a shotgun and spread type offense and would need time he didn't have to learn.

this is nfl ignorance imo. robert griffin is a testiment to how if you adapt your nfl offense to your starting qb, he can be just as good as what he was in college. i'm not saying that spread qb's just suck in the nfl, but you're asking them to play in a system that they havent been in for 4+ years. adapt the offense to meet their strengths, and those spread qbs will be a lot better.

steelerfan
01-05-2013, 05:36 PM
this is nfl ignorance imo. robert griffin is a testiment to how if you adapt your nfl offense to your starting qb, he can be just as good as what he was in college. i'm not saying that spread qb's just suck in the nfl, but you're asking them to play in a system that they havent been in for 4+ years. adapt the offense to meet their strengths, and those spread qbs will be a lot better.

However, college coaches don't give a shit if their QBs get killed. They have to replace them every couple of years either way.

SmoothPancakes
01-05-2013, 06:07 PM
However, college coaches don't give a shit if their QBs get killed. They have to replace them every couple of years either way.

Yep. Unless a guy comes in and immediately starts his Freshman or Sophomore year, a coach only has a to give a shit about the health of his QB for two years tops. After that, the coach couldn't care less, not his problem anymore.

baseballplyrmvp
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
i wasnt really referring to the option/running type of qbs....more of the qb's who've come from shotgun based pass happy offenses in college. guys like weeden, colt brennan, chase daniel, graham herrell, etc. its one position where you repeatedly see coaches ask their guys to do things that are unfamiliar to them. those guys have been in a shotgun based offense for 4 years or so. why put them under center and ask them to pick up a whole new offense and a new set of skills?

if an nfl team is gonna draft a guy from that kind of offense, to be in contention for the starting qb position immediately, they should also be willing to change their offense to meet that qb's strengths. would you draft a wes welker type of receiver and tell him he's gonna take on an h-back/tight end type of roll of blocking and receiving? or do you adjust the offense, and get him on the field in the slot/outside and into situations that he's familiar with? idk, it just seems so obvious to me that if they want to make these pass happy spread qb's more successful in the nfl, the offense has to be willing to change to match their skills.

Rudy
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM

It is true that Shurmur did not tailor his offense to Weeden. For a kid so used to the shotgun offense they didn't run enough of it. That said, guys like RG3 are extremely rare. To come in as a rookie and play as well as he did is incredible. Rookie QBs usually stink. Even Peyton set the rookie TD AND INT record his first year.

JeffHCross
01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
As good as Trent Richardson was for the Browns this year I would have preferred they not trade up to No. 3 and just let Justin Blackmon come to them at No. 4, especially since they obviously had a hard-on for Weeden. Take Weeden with the late first-round pick, or, preferably, trade down a few slots and you probably still get him.

In an ideal world, trade whatever you have to and get Dez Bryant away from Dallas. This probably wouldn't happen, but that brings in a new QB and two targets that he knows like the back of his hand. I think that gives you a much better chance, in the long-run, that the situation they find themselves in now. Realistically, you don't get Bryant and instead you have Greg Little at the other outside receiver ... okay, that's still an upside from where they are now. Plus you didn't sacrifice a ridiculous number of draft picks for an average-to-above-average NFL running back, and if you were able to drop back to get Weeden you're even better off.

Worst case scenario, you pick Riley Reiff or David DeCastro at 22 and trade back into the second round to get Weeden (probably using the same picks you used to get Richardson). Still better than the result you got.

Rudy
01-06-2013, 02:55 AM
I think the regime in Cleveland knew they had a foot out the door and pulled some desperate win now moves to save jobs. Taking Josh Gordon just reeked of desperation by a regime which had previously moved at the speed of a glacier. I think Gordon could turn out to be a great pick. He did better than expected but it still indicated a job saving type move.

baseballplyrmvp
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/163374_410404505704369_1984170920_n.png

JeffHCross
01-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Bye, RG3.

baseballplyrmvp
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
as exciting as he is, it was bound to happen sooner or later. quite unfortunate to have it be on a misstep though. if its a tear in any way, he wont be the same.

JeffHCross
01-06-2013, 06:17 PM
To be fair though, that type of misstep is possible for any player.

baseballplyrmvp
01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
ya, but i would have expected his knee to have been blown up from a hit instead of just a freak misstep. was a good sign though, that he was able to be walking around on the sidelines

steelerfan
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Well, I called all 4 games correctly this weekend. Next week winners, as I see it: Denver, New England, Green Bay, Seattle.

jaymo76
01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Bye, RG3.

Watchng his knee go one way and his leg go the other on the slo mo replay... very disturbing. I wish him the best of luck in his recovery.

morsdraconis
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
(sigh)

I'm going to have to not listen to sports radio for the next week so I don't have to hear idiot media people blaming Shanahan for putting him back out there instead of benching him after the initial twisting again.

:smh:

Rudy
01-07-2013, 05:23 AM
The Washinton centre had two inexcusably bad snaps in the 4th that killed their chances. I can understand Shanny playing RG3 but I don't understand the lying about Andrews saying he could go back in a month ago.

skipwondah33
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
The Washinton centre had two inexcusably bad snaps in the 4th that killed their chances. I can understand Shanny playing RG3 but I don't understand the lying about Andrews saying he could go back in a month ago.Yeah hope that was just a mis-communication. Odd though that happens between the Doc and the Coach...for you know the team's Star player.

ram29jackson
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
2 rookie QBs down, one to go.

And I doubt Kaepernick gets far either.

:Seattle_Seahawks::Wash_Redskins::Indianapolis_Col ts::San_Fran_49ers:

psuexv
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
So with the Chiefs having the #1 pick in the draft do they go for a QB? I kind of doubt it with the money they have in Cassel.

JBHuskers
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
So with the Chiefs having the #1 pick in the draft do they go for a QB? I kind of doubt it with the money they have in Cassel.

No QB is worth taking at #1. Trade down, roll the dice with Nassib.

psuexv
01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
No QB is worth taking at #1. Trade down, roll the dice with Nassib.

Yeah I say definitely trade down since they don't really need any defensive help either, at least not #1 pick worthy. They could trade down and still get a Barkley or Jones.

JBHuskers
01-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah I say definitely trade down since they don't really need any defensive help either, at least not #1 pick worthy. They could trade down and still get a Barkley or Jones.

I'm still thinking Nassib will be the best QB in this class.

JeffHCross
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm still thinking Nassib will be the best QB in this class. What do you think about Aaron Murray? I know he's coming back, but Mel Kiper apparently has Logan Thomas as his #1 Junior QB.

baseballplyrmvp
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
anyone think the ravens jump up to take manti te'o to replace ray lewis?

steelerfan
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
anyone think the ravens jump up to take manti te'o to replace ray lewis?

Christ, I hope not. ;)

I'd LOVE to see the Steelers make a small jump from 17 to get him though. :)

JeffHCross
01-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Should we start a separate NFL Draft thread?

baseballplyrmvp
01-07-2013, 11:57 PM
definitely.....a little closer to draft time though. ;)

JeffHCross
01-08-2013, 12:39 AM
You're right, you're right. It's recruiting season now! Then draft season! Then spring game season! Then summer practice season! Then college football season!!!!!!

I'm sad.

JBHuskers
01-08-2013, 12:52 AM
What do you think about Aaron Murray? I know he's coming back, but Mel Kiper apparently has Logan Thomas as his #1 Junior QB.

If he's coming back, he's not in this class :fp:

JeffHCross
01-08-2013, 12:55 AM
If he's coming back, he's not in this class :fp:I'm ... well ... aware.

Hence why I compared him to Logan Thomas. I was just curious what you thought. Kiper's comments that Glennon was his #1 senior and Thomas his #1 junior started a conversation the other day at work.

morsdraconis
01-08-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't understand why people listen to Kiper's idiocy. The dude has absolutely ZERO football knowledge. He's NEVER played the game or anything and most football people HATE him.

psuexv
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm ... well ... aware.

Hence why I compared him to Logan Thomas. I was just curious what you thought. Kiper's comments that Glennon was his #1 senior and Thomas his #1 junior started a conversation the other day at work.

Aaron Murray heads and tails above Thomas imo. Thomas reminds me more of Tebow than Newton and if he doesn't improve his passing then no, he is not the #1 junior QB.

It will actually be a very interesting draft with not a lot of stud skill players.

Rudy
01-08-2013, 03:53 PM
The draft is supposed to be full of lineman and this should be interesting since free agency is full of OT and DT this year as well. As a Dolphin fan I let Jake Long walk. He's been too injury prone and not dominant enough the last two years to justify any significant salary.

The Dolphins need a TE that can stretch the field. Guys like Dustin Keller and Cook from Tennessee are good players. I do like Delanie Walker out of SF although he's more of an all purpose guy and not big enough to be the only TE on the field. Fast though.

JBHuskers
01-08-2013, 06:05 PM
You want Jake Long to walk because he's too injury prone, then you want Dustin Keller who never got going this year because of injury. Cook is pretty decent.

JeffHCross
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't understand why people listen to Kiper's idiocy. The dude has absolutely ZERO football knowledge. He's NEVER played the game or anything and most football people HATE him.I think everybody agrees he doesn't get it right. But at least it can be a conversation starter.

morsdraconis
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I think everybody agrees he doesn't get it right. But at least it can be a conversation starter.

At least with Mike Mayock, you have someone that played football commenting on things and he DEFINITELY at least semi-knows what he's talkin' about. He's the entire reason why if I do watch the NFL Draft, I watch NFL Network's coverage of it instead of ESPN's.

JeffHCross
01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Same here. I watch NFL Network for all the pre-draft coverage then listen to XM on draft day.

Rudy
01-08-2013, 07:45 PM
You want Jake Long to walk because he's too injury prone, then you want Dustin Keller who never got going this year because of injury. Cook is pretty decent.

Very true lol. Keller is one name being thrown out there. I'm not a huge fan because I don't think his efforts in the passing game have overcome his blocking and durability concern. I'd rather have Cook myself.

As for Kiper, the Dolphins beat writer Omar Kelly said he's been covering draft prospects since 2001 and said he's seen plenty of draft gurus at the senior bowl and other workouts. But he said he has NEVER seen Kiper at anything and questioned how someone could be a draft guru if they never actually go look at the players.

ram29jackson
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
two rookie QBs down, one to go.

Kaepernick should be a weak link this weekend as well. But its hard to tell what Green Bay has and doesnt have.

baseballplyrmvp
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Very true lol. Keller is one name being thrown out there. I'm not a huge fan because I don't think his efforts in the passing game have overcome his blocking and durability concern. I'd rather have Cook myself.

As for Kiper, the Dolphins beat writer Omar Kelly said he's been covering draft prospects since 2001 and said he's seen plenty of draft gurus at the senior bowl and other workouts. But he said he has NEVER seen Kiper at anything and questioned how someone could be a draft guru if they never actually go look at the players.

easy. he watches them on tv.

Rudy
01-09-2013, 05:57 AM
easy. he watches them on tv.

True but thats just one part of scouting. Most nfl guys will tell you that you need to see them in person. That's why they pay a lot of money for scouts and why they go to games and senior bowls instead of just watching tape.

steelerfan
01-10-2013, 09:25 PM
The Clowns hired Rob Chudzinski as their new HC, per the four-letter network.

JeffHCross
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
I see nothing worth hiring in the Panthers offense. Though his connection to the last good Browns offense is probably what brought about the hire. Hope he can enjoy that success again.

Rudy
01-11-2013, 05:36 AM
I thought he was the BC coach that got canned for interviewing with the Jets but I guess not. Who was that?

JeffHCross
01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Jeff Jagodzinski.

ram29jackson
01-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Broncos Ravens is a shoot out right now !

ram29jackson
01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8167/ravensfan1.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/ravensfan1.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

JeffHCross
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I know it's not the same because the second option is a screen pass, but I just want to say this out loud: Peyton Manning just ran a Read Option!

baseballplyrmvp
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
wow

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm fucking disgusted right now. Denver had no fucking business even having a chance of winning today after this pile of shit they called a football game today. I almost say good riddance. After this crap today, New England would have stomped Denver's asses 100-0 next week.

And with that, football is officially over for another season for me.

jaymo76
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
It may be a good idea for the Denver DB's to get their resumes together. I see a few of them seeking employment in the near future...

baseballplyrmvp
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
i hope its a seattle-baltimore superbowl. ray lewis deserves to play his last game on the biggest stage of em all.

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
It may be a good idea for the Denver DB's to get their resumes together. I see a few of them seeking employment in the near future...

As much as I love watching Champ Bailey, it's time to drop his ass. He personally fucked up coverage on two of those first half touchdowns for Baltimore, and probably on some of the second half scores, unfortunately I've been stuck at work and having to follow online since halftime. Champ Bailey has become a risk instead of an asset. It's time for him to go.

GatorfanStovy
01-13-2013, 12:33 AM
bi win and game for colin kaepernick ans company. Nice way to blow out the packers . felt so good .....Also a record setting for them too with colin going over 181 yards rushing . And teams most total yards in a game around 550 or so. Was a fun ass game to watch.I hope Hawks win then great rematch next weekend in the stick. 49ers should be able to get the super bowl this year. Just keep up the temp and awesome game plan.

Rudy
01-13-2013, 06:55 AM
As much as I love watching Champ Bailey, it's time to drop his ass. He personally fucked up coverage on two of those first half touchdowns for Baltimore, and probably on some of the second half scores, unfortunately I've been stuck at work and having to follow online since halftime. Champ Bailey has become a risk instead of an asset. It's time for him to go.

That one TD Champ gave up was just a tremendous play by the WR. He did have good coverage and just didn't make the play. The safety that blew the tying TD with 30 seconds left needs to have his eyes examined. You can't judge a ball much worse than that. He had plenty of time to make a play if he reads the ball right and takes a good angle.

I think Denver's coaching staff got a little too conservative as well. They ran the ball a couple of times on 3rd down where I thought they should have been more aggressive and then with 30 seconds and two timeouts you just take a knee? You don't even run one play to see if you can get anything going? That's fine if Tebow is still your QB but not Manning.

So much for referee's swallowing the whistle in a playoff game. What a whistle infested, ticky tack game. They really delayed this game. I'm glad I wasn't in the stands freezing my ass off while the refs were huddling all the time.

baseballplyrmvp
01-13-2013, 03:02 PM
dang. almost had an amazing comeback win there.

Rudy
01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Holy 4th quarter in Atlanta Batman.

morsdraconis
01-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Good. Where's the trash talk at now Seattle punks? Fuck you!

baseballplyrmvp
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Good. Where's the trash talk at now Seattle punks? Fuck you!

we shot ourselves in the foot in the first half, which, unfortunately, cost us the game. with how we played in the second half though, i dont think anyone would want to play that seattle team.

ram29jackson
01-13-2013, 06:06 PM
dang. almost had an amazing comeback win there.

but it didnt happen and all rookie QBs have been taken care of. There is still some order in the league LOL

LOL at the poodle going on 4th early in the game like a Madden cheeser, along with trying to block extra points and then in true Madden fashion Atlanta wins with under a minute to go.

Is the Harbaugh Bowl coming ?

morsdraconis
01-13-2013, 06:07 PM

I vehemently hope that it isn't.

baseballplyrmvp
01-13-2013, 06:11 PM
but it didnt happen and all rookie QBs have been taken care of. There is still some order in the league LOL

LOL at the poodle going on 4th early in the game like a Madden cheeser, along with trying to block extra points and then in true Madden fashion Atlanta wins with under a minute to go.

your post is just full of FAIL :D

JeffHCross
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
There's a problem with trying to block extra points?

SmoothPancakes
01-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, NFL is definitely dead for me the remainder of the season. I fucking hate New England. I fucking hate Baltimore (long before they beat Denver yesterday, I have hated Baltimore for years, they and their fans annoy the hell out of me), so I couldn't give two shits who wins the AFC. NFC, I couldn't care less about Atlanta. San Francisco is about the only team I would be okay with or able to tolerate winning the Super Bowl, and that's only because one of my friends since back before high school is a 49ers fan, so I'm been okay with them over the years.

Rudy
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm rooting for Harbaugh bowl. I like the 49ers and I'm so sick of Brady and the Patriots. The Falcons have amazing weapons in the passing game.

ram29jackson
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
There's a problem with trying to block extra points?

when you dont know how to do it without going off-sides every time, there is haha

steelerfan
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Here is a breakdown of who I can tolerate winning the Super Bowl:

Patriots - only against SF.
Ravens - only against SF and even then I would HATE that.
Falcons - PLEASE win it!
49ers - under NO circumstances is this okay.

Obviously, I want a New England/Atlanta Super Bowl. I thought last year was rough when I could only hope the Giants won, among the final four. They pulled it off, but I don't believe the Falcons will help me out this go-round.

SmoothPancakes
01-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Here is a breakdown of who I can tolerate winning the Super Bowl:

Patriots - only against SF.
Ravens - only against SF and even then I would HATE that.
Falcons - PLEASE win it!
49ers - under NO circumstances is this okay.

Obviously, I want a New England/Atlanta Super Bowl. I thought last year was rough when I could only hope the Giants won, among the final four. They pulled it off, but I don't believe the Falcons will help me out this go-round.

For me, 49ers and Falcons are my only hope. Patriots and Ravens, hell no, under any circumstances. Falcons, not preferable, but tolerable. 49ers, the most preferred but not my preferred NFC option when the playoffs began.

steelerfan
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
For me, 49ers and Falcons are my only hope. Patriots and Ravens, hell no, under any circumstances. Falcons, not preferable, but tolerable. 49ers, the most preferred but not my preferred NFC option when the playoffs began.

If SF hadn't already won 5 I'd be fine with them winning. I can't have them tying Pittsburgh.

JBHuskers
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
If SF hadn't already won 5 I'd be fine with them winning. I can't have them tying Pittsburgh.

Guess I'm rooting for the Niners now :D

steelerfan
01-13-2013, 10:39 PM

Of course. You're a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMrQcNWP4LU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JeffHCross
01-13-2013, 11:14 PM

I was already rooting for the Harbaugh Bowl, but now :+1:!

steelerfan
01-13-2013, 11:29 PM
I was already rooting for the Harbaugh Bowl, but now :+1:!

That's okay. I'd rather watch the Niners win ten than see Cleveland win one. ;)

ram29jackson
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
all the belief in previous wins and momentum makes people want to believe the 49ERS go to a SB.

regardless of their defense I will not side with a 7 game starter in a away conf. Championship game.

interesting- its very hard to even get to a Super Bowl. SF was favored last year at home and didnt make it. What happens this time ?

steelerfan
01-14-2013, 12:12 AM
all the belief in previous wins and momentum makes people want to believe the 49ERS go to a SB.

regardless of their defense I will not side with a 7 game starter in a away conf. Championship game.

interesting- its very hard to even get to a Super Bowl. SF was favored last year at home and didnt make it. What happens this time ?

My guess, at this point, is SF/NE in the Super Bowl, but we shall see.

souljahbill
01-14-2013, 05:52 AM
You know ESPN and the NFL are hoping for Baltimore/San Fran. 2 weeks of Harbaughs, Ray Lewis legacy, and Kaepernick. Plus, you have east coast vs. west coast. New England is an acceptable substitute for Baltimire but the NFL wants no part of a Super Bowl with Atlanta.

skipwondah33
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
My guess, at this point, is SF/NE in the Super Bowl, but we shall see.Hoping for that as well.

At which point wouldn't mind who won, but I'd be rooting for San Francisco because I'd like to see Moss get a ring.

JBHuskers
01-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Of course. You're a dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5Yu4Iew8Q

ram29jackson
01-14-2013, 05:47 PM
:up:

ram29jackson
01-15-2013, 09:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zce-QT7MGSE

uuuww I'm white !

Stop doin' heroin

steelerfan
01-15-2013, 09:48 PM
:fp: :D

baseballplyrmvp
01-15-2013, 09:48 PM

SmoothPancakes
01-15-2013, 10:54 PM
What the hell did I just watch? :D

JeffHCross
01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
:D :D :D

morsdraconis
01-16-2013, 05:04 AM
:D :D :D :D

That's fuckin' funny as shit.

Rudy
01-16-2013, 05:10 AM
That was funny.

JBHuskers
01-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Interesting that Da Bears hire a CFL coach. Not sure how that will play out, but they did get Kromer from New Orleans to be the OC. I think that's a pretty good hire.

JBHuskers
01-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Pretty good article on new Bears HC Marc Trestman. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52391/marc-trestman-hire-outsmarting-the-rest) Either going to be a huge swing and miss or a home run.

JBHuskers
01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Da hell?

Chip Kelly hired as Eagles HC.

morsdraconis
01-16-2013, 11:53 AM
:smh:

JBHuskers
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/chipkelly_zps0e103fdf.jpg

psusnoop
01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Ouch, I wonder if watching CK run all over GB on Sunday gave Chip some ideas heading forward. Does Philly still have Vick under contract?

JBHuskers
01-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Ouch, I wonder if watching CK run all over GB on Sunday gave Chip some ideas heading forward. Does Philly still have Vick under contract?

I think his deal ends this year.

ram29jackson
01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
interesting how patterns develop...he went to another team with green uniforms and a wing logo...coincidence ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXdyD2Yzls

Rudy
01-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I think his deal ends this year.

Vick is under contract for $15 mil. It was expected he would be released.

SmoothPancakes
01-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do to get away from the impending dropping of the NCAA hammer. I'm surprised he stayed at Oregon as long as he did after the Fiesta Bowl.

morsdraconis
01-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Yup. Sooner or later, Oregon is gonna get NAILED by the NCAA for something. They all do.

jaymo76
01-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Pretty good article on new Bears HC Marc Trestman. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52391/marc-trestman-hire-outsmarting-the-rest) Either going to be a huge swing and miss or a home run.

Trestman was a truly excellent coch for the Als. He will be missed in the CFL but I wish him all the best in the NFL.

JBHuskers
01-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Fuck. Please. No.

Speculation that Da Bears might sign Tebow.

ram29jackson
01-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Patriots, Stevan Ridley's Moon boots

http://cloudfront3.bostinno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/via-@AE_Crawford.png

SmoothPancakes
01-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Fuck. Please. No.

Ugh. You have my condolences. I wouldn't wish that curse on anybody, not even the Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs or Raiders. :smh:

ram29jackson
01-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Fuck. Please. No.

if it works, you'd be fine with it LOL

but its got to be journalism hype of course

JBHuskers
01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Sounds like Trestman really wants him :fp:

ram29jackson
01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
fanatics....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJxOUcwPV4

ram29jackson
01-18-2013, 03:57 PM
its Friday..purple Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRC0qom302w

jaymo76
01-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I would be shocked if Baltimore upsets New England. The Ravens pulled out a miracle due to poor D play from Denver in the last minute... I just think Brady (whom I despise) will light them up.

Rudy
01-19-2013, 02:30 PM
The Ravens were right with New England last year. I think not having Gronk will hurt a lot. Both teams could have a little success on the ground but I do see this coming down to Brady vs Flacco. I like Baltimore's pass defence better. I expect a close game. I don't know if Baltimore will win but I will be rooting against the Pats.

As for SF vs Atlanta I really like SF in this one. That defence is a lot better than Atlanta's. SF should have success running the ball. I don't see Atlanta winning this game unless Julio and Roddy make a bunch of big plays.

morsdraconis
01-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Atlanta and New England in the Super Bowl. Bank on it.

steelerfan
01-19-2013, 04:37 PM

Every single one of your iron clad guarantees that I have ever seen has been wrong. I hope this one isn't.

Rudy
01-19-2013, 05:50 PM

I'm hoping for the exact opposite. Harbaugh bowl!

Rudy
01-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Michael Crabtree has been questioned about a sexual assault. 49ers activate practice squad WR to active roster. Will Crabtree be left off the game day roster?

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Fuck yeah! Come on Falcons!

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Jesus, Atlanta! Again? Really? :fp:

JeffHCross
01-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Fuck yeah! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Falcons!Fixed.

NatureBoy
01-20-2013, 05:06 PM
http://ble.ac/Wk1Kkh

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Lol at Atlanta. How the hell do you choke AGAIN? Dumbasses. Now I gotta root for New England or Baltimore. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Suck it Atlanta!

baseballplyrmvp
01-20-2013, 05:23 PM
http://ble.ac/Wk1Kkh

i want cake! i want it now! i want my cake now! :D

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Well, there is a god. I can actually give a damn about the Super Bowl this year. If Atlanta won, I wasn't going to bother watching the SB. I HATE New England, I couldn't care less about Baltimore (and that's with nothing to do with last week) and I have never cared for Atlanta.

The 49ers, at least I have an interest in seeing them win, with one of my best friends being a 49ers fan. We were both hoping for a 49ers-Broncos Super Bowl, well, we won't get it, but I can settle for seeing the 49ers play and win.

JBHuskers
01-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Well looks like it's going to be a Harbaugh Bowl. I picked Atlanta and New England to win today :D

JBHuskers
01-20-2013, 05:38 PM
i want cake! i want it now! i want my cake now! :D

Well played :D

NatureBoy
01-20-2013, 07:38 PM
http://i.minus.com/i4RHCL5QlKaDA.gif

JeffHCross
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Harbaugh Bowl, here we come.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Harbaugh Bowl, here we come.

There is a god! I may not care for the Ravens, but I say Fuck The Patriots!

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Just going to have to find the silver lining - at least Brady won't be tying Bradshaw and Montana.

As for the Super Bowl, I'll just have to be happy about what doesn't happen instead of erked by what does. If SF wins, at least Baltimore doesn't. If Baltimore wins, Pittsburgh remains the only franchise with 6.

psuexv
01-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Just going to have to find the silver lining - at least Brady won't be tying Bradshaw and Montana.

As for the Super Bowl, I'll just have to be happy about what doesn't happen instead of erked by what does. If SF wins, at least Baltimore doesn't. If Baltimore wins, Pittsburgh remains the only franchise with 6.

I say we gotta root for SF. If they get 6 we will just have to get 7. If Bmore wins we can't take that away and I won't be able to handle Ray Ray getting one on his last game.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/64985_488906977822662_1520374453_n.jpg

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
I say we gotta root for SF. If they get 6 we will just have to get 7. If Bmore wins we can't take that away and I won't be able to handle Ray Ray getting one on his last game.

You have a point, I'm just saying I'll find a silver lining either way and not be pissed at the result. Fuck it.

JBHuskers
01-20-2013, 08:51 PM
So :sf:, who you rooting for? :D

The Niners to tie Pittsburgh? Or the dirty Ravens?

JBHuskers
01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Daaaaamn.

Fan stabbed outside Georgia Dome (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8863456/2013-nfl-playoffs-fan-stabbed-neck-georgia-dome-nfc-championship-game-san-francisco-49ers-atlanta-falcons-report)

JeffHCross
01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Rooting for San Francisco all the way. I respect the hell out of John Harbaugh and Ray Lewis, but I CANNOT root for the Ravens.

CLW
01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
There is a god! I may not care for the Ravens, but I say Fuck The Patriots!

ABP (anyone but patriots). i actually like the 49ers and Ravens so I'll just hope for a good game.

That is definitely interesting for any Steelers fan.

CLW
01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
LMAO someone HAS to take that video just now of the Ravens owner "caressing" Lewis.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Daaaaamn.

Fan stabbed outside Georgia Dome (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8863456/2013-nfl-playoffs-fan-stabbed-neck-georgia-dome-nfc-championship-game-san-francisco-49ers-atlanta-falcons-report)

Sounds horrible, but the dumbass brought it upon himself. You punch a fan of the opposing team outside the stadium after the game, something's gonna happen. Shot, stabbed, ass-whooping beat down, something's gonna happen. Idiot has no one to blame but himself, he provoked the attack by punching the 49ers fan first.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight, sure. But definitely never bring a fist to a knife fight, either.

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Someone got stabbed in Atlanta? Wow, Ray Ray was in Foxboro. ;)

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM

I'm not. Like I said, silver lining either way.

steelerfan
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Probably easier to stomach SF though. There is no shame in having someone tie Pittsburgh's record.

jaymo76
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Rooting for San Francisco all the way. I respect the hell out of John Harbaugh and Ray Lewis, but I CANNOT root for the Ravens.

I pretty much feel the same way though truthfully I really don't care who wins. I don't cheer for either team, don't follow either team. I think John is a nicer more humble guy versus his brother but I have never liked the Ravens.

JBHuskers
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM

Allegedly ;)

psuexv
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM

psuexv
01-20-2013, 10:03 PM

This, except the respect Ray Lewis part

GatorfanStovy
01-20-2013, 10:47 PM
HELL YES!!! 49ers mad the super bowl ! Great day to be a 49ers fan ! I can't to tke out the Ravens and win number 6! It will be a great to watch feb 3rd.

ram29jackson
01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3968bc22b8012c2ba2fc2605c3acd34c/tumblr_mgyf8iSxYn1qaez01o1_500.jpg

ram29jackson
01-20-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Screen-Shot-2013-01-20-at-7.55.44-AM.png

JBHuskers
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
^^^

I bet that is on Ram's bedroom ceiling.

morsdraconis
01-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Another Super Bowl ruined. :smh:

ram29jackson
01-21-2013, 12:26 AM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3990/deint.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/deint.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

ram29jackson
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
^^^

I bet that is on Ram's bedroom ceiling.

noooooooo :glare:

skipwondah33
01-21-2013, 08:56 AM
http://chivethebrigade.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/harbaugh-500-3.jpg?w=500&h=370

ram29jackson
01-21-2013, 02:18 PM
the Ravens Just beat 2 of the smartest, most accomplished QBs in the game in the playoffs. I doubt Kaepernick will be a problem.

JBHuskers
01-21-2013, 02:23 PM
the Ravens Just beat 2 of the smartest, most accomplished QBs in the game in the playoffs. I doubt Kaepernick will be a problem.

That's the mindset that gets you a big L in the NFL.

SmoothPancakes
01-21-2013, 02:37 PM

:nod:

skipwondah33
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
the Ravens Just beat 2 of the smartest, most accomplished QBs in the game in the playoffs. I doubt Kaepernick will be a problem.And neither of them poses the the threat of the run.

Say what you want about that read option shit...it's effective when you have to plan for it and make a concentrated effort to stop it.

ram29jackson
01-21-2013, 06:38 PM

i'm a sports fan who can say what he wants. I fully expect them to be prepared. They wont be surprised by anything.

ram29jackson
01-21-2013, 06:55 PM
And neither of them poses the the threat of the run.

Say what you want about that read option shit...it's effective when you have to plan for it and make a concentrated effort to stop it.

the point being they beat better, well rounded, quality, teams. Kaepernick wasnt much of a run threat in the Atlanta game against a defense that sucked and they almost lost the game.

the 49ers beat 2 teams in the playoffs that had no defense. Against the Ravens it will be a different story.

ram29jackson
01-21-2013, 09:12 PM
http://www.pyromaniac.com/teams/images/pittsburgh-steelers/chuck-noll-4-championships.jpg

steelerfan
01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
And?

JBHuskers
01-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Well I was 0 for 2 on championship week, so congrats on your Super Bowl win 49ers....

Baltimore 27
San Francisco 17

psusnoop
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/01/21/0121-subasset-wes-welker-ray-lewis-1.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/21/wes-welker-wife-ray-lewis-murder-role-model/

steelerfan
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM

Rudy
01-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Interesting to read the stuff from Tim Brown with Jon Ritchie confirming that Callahan completely changed the gameplay in the Raiders Superbowl 10 years ago. Gameplan got changed on Friday and went from heavy run they practiced all week to a ton of passing. Tim Brown accuses the coach of sabotage it was so bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-brown-suggests-head-coach-bill-callahan-sabotaged-142043376--nfl.html

JBHuskers
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
:D :D :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/HarbaughBrothers_zps2895ab48.jpg

ram29jackson
01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Well I was 0 for 2 on championship week, so congrats on your Super Bowl win 49ers....

Baltimore 27
San Francisco 17

so you hope that does or doesnt happen ?

JBHuskers
01-22-2013, 08:48 PM

Pretty impartial either way. I'd like to see the Niners win, I'd like to see the Ravens win just as equally.

JBHuskers
01-22-2013, 08:49 PM

Pretty impartial either way. I'd like to see the Niners win, I'd like to see the Ravens win just as equally.

JeffHCross
01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
In 1996, Ray Lewis got his first career NFL sack.

On Jim Harbaugh.

How 'bout that?

jaymo76
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Interesting to read the stuff from Tim Brown with Jon Ritchie confirming that Callahan completely changed the gameplay in the Raiders Superbowl 10 years ago. Gameplan got changed on Friday and went from heavy run they practiced all week to a ton of passing. Tim Brown accuses the coach of sabotage it was so bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-brown-suggests-head-coach-bill-callahan-sabotaged-142043376--nfl.html

I heard on ESPN that Zack Crockett basically said that Tim's version of the story was not accurate.

ram29jackson
01-22-2013, 11:37 PM
In 1996, Ray Lewis got his first career NFL sack.

On Jim Harbaugh.

How 'bout that?

wow , interesting history

JBHuskers
01-23-2013, 12:47 AM

I think Callahan is too dumb to pull off something like that on purpose :D

ram29jackson
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2049057/LOLofthering_medium.gif

ram29jackson
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQwKn8xnr2I

JBHuskers
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Are you rooting for JaMarcus Russell to comeback in the NFL?

morsdraconis
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Are you rooting for JaMarcus Russell to comeback in the NFL?

I am, but I hate to see talent wasted, but it was completely his own fault. Everything everyone said that he was a lazy bum that didn't do anything to prepare himself for the NFL. He's got to be the worst #1 overall pick ever...

JBHuskers
01-23-2013, 05:35 PM
I am, but I hate to see talent wasted, but it was completely his own fault. Everything everyone said that he was a lazy bum that didn't do anything to prepare himself for the NFL. He's got to be the worst #1 overall pick ever...

Yep. All that is fact. I'd still like him to realize a comeback.

Rudy
01-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Russell is over 300 pounds right now! How serious can he be? Lazy, wasted talent.

JBHuskers
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
So Tom Brady gets only fined $10k for trying to kick Ed Reed. If it was the other way around, Reed would have been fined $75k.

In comparison, Frank Gore was fined $10.5k for wearing his socks too low. Do the math.

SmoothPancakes
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
So Tom Brady gets only fined $10k for trying to kick Ed Reed. If it was the other way around, Reed would have been fined $75k.

In comparison, Frank Gore was fined $10.5k for wearing his socks too low. Do the math.

I cannot wait until the day comes that Tom Brady retires, along with Belichick and the rest of the Pats stars. I'm so fucking sick of this favoritism between the NFL and the Patriots.