PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Talk

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

psuexv
09-11-2012, 04:01 PM
If you didn't hear and don't look it up, which QB had the best QB rating in week one?

The worst is pretty easy. Brandon Weeden. FIVE POINT ONE (ouch)

Ummm... I'll go with RGIII

psuexv
09-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Ummm... I'll go with RGIII

:up: but didn't expect Ryan up there

Rudy
09-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Then why didn't any of the players meet with him with their legal counsel when they had the opportunity?

Now their willing to meet with him?

What was the point? Goodell already made the ruling and they were just appealing back to him. He wasn't going to change a thing. It was just for show. What has changed now is the players have the legal system on their side with a sympathetic judge that is forcing Goodell to come to the table. He has no choice but to negotiate as his power in this area went from 100% to something less. Meeting now might actually include a real negotiation and real due process.

ram29jackson
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
I've learned to not care about QBR ultimately

souljahbill
09-11-2012, 05:21 PM
If you didn't hear and don't look it up, which QB had the best QB rating in week one?

I saw on Twitter that people were saying Brandon Weeden's new nickname was gonna be Dolby Digital. :D

steelerfan
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM

But the good news is that he is only 2.5 years younger than Roethlisberger. :fp:

Nice job, Cleveland. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

steelerfan
09-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I've learned to not care about QBR ultimately

QBR doesn't exist, though it's often referred to as such. It is called Passer Rating, because the passer being rated doesn't have to be a quarterback. :)

Rudy
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I saw on Twitter that people were saying Brandon Weeden's new nickname was gonna be Dolby Digital. :D

Now that's a quality nickname.
:)

ram29jackson
09-11-2012, 09:23 PM
QBR doesn't exist, though it's often referred to as such. It is called Passer Rating, because the passer being rated doesn't have to be a quarterback. :)

ok, both are unimportant then :D

JBHuskers
09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
QBR is just ESPN trying to look important. RGIII had the best QB rating of all quarterbacks in week one, but was 5th on ESPN's QBR.

skipwondah33
09-12-2012, 10:46 AM
What was the point? Goodell already made the ruling and they were just appealing back to him. He wasn't going to change a thing. It was just for show. What has changed now is the players have the legal system on their side with a sympathetic judge that is forcing Goodell to come to the table. He has no choice but to negotiate as his power in this area went from 100% to something less. Meeting now might actually include a real negotiation and real due process.This was prior to the ruling from what I understand. I believe Hargrove met with the NFL, but not the others.

It's still tough to argue it with Williams' own admission and the the audio recording talking about knees, head blows and ACL's.

I know Coach-speak when trying to fire up the team...and there is what Williams' said.

ram29jackson
09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
QBR is just ESPN trying to look important. RGIII had the best QB rating of all quarterbacks in week one, but was 5th on ESPN's QBR.

they probably stole from Kurt Warners top 5 on NFL network because he had RG III at 5th

:Wash_Redskins:

ram29jackson
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
But the good news is that he is only 2.5 years younger than Roethlisberger. :fp:

Nice job, Cleveland. :D

Kurt Warner came into the league as a geezer pretty much. You take it where you can get it/find it.

Rudy
09-12-2012, 04:45 PM
It's still tough to argue it with Williams' own admission and the the audio recording talking about knees, head blows and ACL's.

I know Coach-speak when trying to fire up the team...and there is what Williams' said.

I do think Goodell has some evidence but I also think some of it is circumstantial and there are also plenty of Saints players that will swear under oath to the opposite. I do think shady stuff happened and I don't have a problem punishing them but I hate the Goodell has ALL the power and to suspend one guy for a full year was pretty tough.

I just look at how the criminal and civil courts punished Donte Stallworth and Goodell said - "Not enough! I am the true judge of this world and he will get another full year ban from me!" Of course the fans agree because the guy killed a guy while drunk (and I hate drunk drivers). But Goodell shouldn't be the ultimate judge, jury and executioner of this world. There should be a real appeals panel imo but the players signed this deal so they can live with it.

skipwondah33
09-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I do think Goodell has some evidence but I also think some of it is circumstantial and there are also plenty of Saints players that will swear under oath to the opposite. I do think shady stuff happened and I don't have a problem punishing them but I hate the Goodell has ALL the power and to suspend one guy for a full year was pretty tough.

I just look at how the criminal and civil courts punished Donte Stallworth and Goodell said - "Not enough! I am the true judge of this world and he will get another full year ban from me!" Of course the fans agree because the guy killed a guy while drunk (and I hate drunk drivers). But Goodell shouldn't be the ultimate judge, jury and executioner of this world. There should be a real appeals panel imo but the players signed this deal so they can live with it.

I hadn't finished reading your post and was about to post the same thing basically..."but the players signed the deal that gave him this power, now their mad about it?"

Well of course the players will take up for their teammates. Everyone may not have been in on it likely but some definitely were.

Rudy
09-13-2012, 04:26 AM
I hadn't finished reading your post and was about to post the same thing basically..."but the players signed the deal that gave him this power, now their mad about it?"

Well of course the players will take up for their teammates. Everyone may not have been in on it likely but some definitely were.

The thing that's tough about it is that 98% of the players will never face Goodell over a suspension so they weren't going to prevent a deal over this language when the NFL refused to budge in this area. No way 98% of them were going to lose money and strike over the 2% of losers that drive drunk and hit their wives to ensure they get a fair hearing. That's why the NFL was able to keep it this way but it still doesn't make the unlimited power of Goodell right in my eyes. They don't get a fair hearing.

ram29jackson
09-13-2012, 11:28 PM
the Packers get one more notch on the post in the rivalry with the Bears.

Clay Matthews 3.5 sacks

JBHuskers
09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
As a Bears fan, I even had to laugh at this one:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/notimpressed.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1159169!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/maroneyweb14s-1-web.jpg

ram29jackson
09-14-2012, 02:34 PM
well, at least for the Packers it will feel like another bye week during the year

jaymo76
09-15-2012, 11:17 PM
As a Bears fan, I even had to laugh at this one:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/notimpressed.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1159169!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/maroneyweb14s-1-web.jpg

Can't help but wonder if Cutler's attitude towards his team has ended any chnace the Bears may have had at making an SB run??? The guy is just so smug and unlikeable.

Rudy
09-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Cutler is an a-hole. I wonder how many of his teammates actually like the guy. Plus, when you find a good starting QB in this league you don't try to dump him like Denver did. There was probably some behind the scenes stuff there that rubbed people the wrong way.

jaymo76
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Cutler is an a-hole. I wonder how many of his teammates actually like the guy. Plus, when you find a good starting QB in this league you don't try to dump him like Denver did. There was probably some behind the scenes stuff there that rubbed people the wrong way.

I was thinking the same thing. Cutler makes it so easy to cheer against him. The sad thing is I actually like "Da Bears" too but I just can't pull for them with Cutler at QB.

jaymo76
09-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I am getting the feeling that my hapless Raiders will drop todays game to the Dolphins. No offense Rudy, but that is just bad. 4th place in the AFC WEST here we come.

ram29jackson
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
where do you guys have any evidence that Cutler is disliked ?

anyway, the Giants did goal line squat 2.0 today !!

AND THE PATRIOTS LOST TO THE CARDINALS !

the Saints are obviously a mess

Rudy
09-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I am getting the feeling that my hapless Raiders will drop todays game to the Dolphins. No offense Rudy, but that is just bad. 4th place in the AFC WEST here we come.

The Dolphins have owned the Raiders three straight years. I think Miami has put up 30+ three straight years and owned the line of scrimmage in every game (edit: per Ben Volin 33-17, 34-14, 35-13) . Clearly with Miami rushing for over 200 and Oakland not rushing for much, this was a big game for Miami. It is tough for a West Coast team to travel to the East coast, especially if they play an early game. They also lost a tough game to a division rival and that can take some steam out.

Quite frankly, a lot of ugly teams in week one came back with a good effort and a win in week 2. Some teams are still reeling like Oakland, Chiefs and Browns.

JBHuskers
09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
One of the replacement refs had to be pulled from the Carolina / Saints game because HE IS A SAINTS FAN :fp:

Christ Goodell, quit being cheap with this situation, you're sitting on a boatload of cash.

psuexv
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
One of the replacement refs had to be pulled from the Carolina / Saints game because HE IS A SAINTS FAN :fp:

Christ Goodell, quit being cheap with this situation, you're sitting on a boatload of cash.

The thing is, are you telling me that the real refs don't root for a specific team?

JBHuskers
09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
The thing is, are you telling me that the real refs don't root for a specific team?

If they do, it's screened before they place them in a game. This replacement refs thing was put together so quickly, they didn't do their research.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

skipwondah33
09-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Cant wait for when the real Refs come back and no one complains about calls lol

steelerfan
09-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Where is the Raven guy? :D

;)

JBHuskers
09-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Cant wait for when the real Refs come back and no one complains about calls lol

Yeah, but at least the regular refs can keep the game going. The Ravens/Eagles game too FOUR hours. One game had two 2-minute warnings. There were a ton of things that you can point out that wouldn't have been the case with the regular refs.

ryby6969
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I am still here.

steelerfan
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I am still here.

;)

skipwondah33
09-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah, but at least the regular refs can keep the game going. The Ravens/Eagles game too FOUR hours. One game had two 2-minute warnings. There were a ton of things that you can point out that wouldn't have been the case with the regular refs.Yeah but there will still be complaints. That is nothing new

JBHuskers
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah but there will still be complaints. That is nothing new

Complaints, yes. But the mistakes these refs are making on a different level.

Rudy
09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
This past week was pretty bad but if the refs think they can get the NFL to cave on their pension plans they will be sitting out a long time. The NFL has the majority of leverage here.

Rudy
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Greg Schiano is a douschebag. Trying to cause a fumble in the victory formation is bush league. Go back to Rutgers and Secondtierville where you belong.

On a different note, Jonathon Dwyer was such a stud coming out of college I was shocked when he slipped until the 6th round. That is a big man who can break some tackles. He looked good when I was watching the game yesterday. A poor man's Bus.

SmoothPancakes
09-17-2012, 05:44 PM
"Play the clock to the zeroes. That's it. This is football. Play the damn game."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8391384/greg-schiano-bucs-right-play-end-game

Enough fucking said. It was a one touchdown game. You play to the fucking zeroes. The Giants wanted to try to kneel it down the rest of the clock, the Bucs wanted to try to create a turnover and keep their chances to win alive, however remote they might be or might seem. That's football. Give me a break with this unwritten rule and fucking pussy bullshit.

steelerfan
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow. The bed has been officially shat by Peyton Manning in Atlanta. 3 picks in 8 minutes to open the game. Damn.

skipwondah33
09-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Enough fucking said. It was a one touchdown game. You play to the fucking zeroes. The Giants wanted to try to kneel it down the rest of the clock, the Bucs wanted to try to create a turnover and keep their chances to win alive, however remote they might be or might seem. That's football. Give me a break with this unwritten rule and fucking pussy bullshit.

Nah that was bull shit. It's fucking the 2nd game of the season with 8-9 seconds left in the game. This Rudy go all out college type garbage doesn't need to go down in the NFL. They proved they played hard all game, tough hard fought game. But hell even the toughest hardest playing teams don't do that. I'm not even sure I've ever seen a TO created that way, this wasn't an offense led by a redshirt freshman or Big East QB lol

On another note, I was waiting for the Gregg Williams evidence to be presented. Not sure if the NFL was waiting on it or just didn't want to show it. Wonder how much more is needed. Either they did have an official system or the players had one on the side amongst themselves. Video and he says money went toward putting Favre out the game. That was clear to anyone watching too.

steelerfan
09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
I can't believe how bad these officials are at knowing what a penalty should cost a team.

Tonight, they gave Denver 10 yards on a defensive holding call against Atlanta.

Yesterday, I saw them almost give 15 for offensive PI against Baltimore, and almost not give Pittsburgh a loss of down after grounding. In both cases, they got it corrected but not until lining the teams up and having it pointed out to them. Tonight, they did not get it corrected. :fp:

JBHuskers
09-17-2012, 09:59 PM
...the defense rests. (literally)

steelerfan
09-17-2012, 10:06 PM
I can't believe how bad these officials are at knowing what a penalty should cost a team.

Tonight, they gave Denver 10 yards on a defensive holding call against Atlanta.

Yesterday, I saw them almost give 15 for offensive PI against Baltimore, and almost not give Pittsburgh a loss of down after grounding. In both cases, they got it corrected but not until lining the teams up and having it pointed out to them. Tonight, they did not get it corrected. :fp:

They just had another mistake pointed out, and corrected, by the game administrator. Matt Ryan scrambled and gained a few yards. They got Denver for defensive holding and they were going to spot the ball 5 yards from the line of scrimmage instead of from the end of Ryan's run.

skipwondah33
09-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Holy hell Decker just got mugged....no flag

punter
09-18-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm so sick of waking up and turning on the NFL channel and hearing a 45 min program on why a team lost and very little about the team that won.This happens every week, they seem to have finally got off there Cowboys kick after 8 years but are still doing it with other teams. I don't want to hear how the team could have won I want to hear about the team that beat them.

morsdraconis
09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm so sick of waking up and turning on the NFL channel and hearing a 45 min program on why a team lost and very little about the team that won.This happens every week, they seem to have finally got off there Cowboys kick after 8 years but are still doing it with other teams. I don't want to hear how the team could have won I want to hear about the team that beat them.

Welcome to listening to the "experts".

NFL Network and ESPN are nothing but a bunch of washed up players, coaches, and reporters that either would still have a job in the NFL if they didn't suck at it (Ditka, Brian Billick, etc), or have no experience at all but are self-proclaimed experts (the hack that is Mel Kiper). The players are the closest thing to "experts" but even they are terrible at it (aside from, as much as it pains me to say, Troy Aikman, pretty much every ex-player color commentator is atrocious).

The "experts" on the NFL still have a job, therefore, it's impossible for them to actually do anything for TV. The only ex-player long time analyst worth a damn is Mike Mayock and that's because he actually knows what he's talking about at least half the time. He understands the fundamentals of football (footwork, proper weigh distribution, hand technique, etc) and applies it to his evaluations of football players.

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Goose is great on the sidelines with Kenny & Moose.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Just a very sloppy game last night. Thank god I fell asleep early last night.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Nah that was bull shit. It's fucking the 2nd game of the season with 8-9 seconds left in the game. This Rudy go all out college type garbage doesn't need to go down in the NFL. They proved they played hard all game, tough hard fought game. But hell even the toughest hardest playing teams don't do that. I'm not even sure I've ever seen a TO created that way, this wasn't an offense led by a redshirt freshman or Big East QB lol

Well, I side with the camp that agrees with it. So what if it was the 2nd game of the season, so what if there were only 8-9 seconds left in the game. We say "every game matters" in college football, so because they play 16 games instead of 12 and have 6 teams getting in the playoffs instead of the BS system, it doesn't matter in the NFL? If they had forced the turnover, and had scored and tied the game and gone into overtime, would it still be derided as a bush league call or a brilliant call?

I view it no different than snoop's fake punt in one of his Powerhouse OD games. It was a tactical play call based on the current score and situation in the game. It was a one touchdown game. You play to the zeroes. It was all zeroes yet. Has something like that ever produced a turnover? I don't know, but to me it doesn't matter. Does a fake punt or fake field goal work that often or that well? Seemingly not very often, but does that mean one who never, ever be called in a game just because it doesn't work that often? Same with a Hail Mary. How often does the Hail Mary actually truly work and end in a favorable result for the offense? Probably well less than 50/50, but teams still attempt the Hail Mary a number of times throughout the season. I guess in their case, since it's only week 2 or week 3, and only 8 or 9 seconds left in the game, instead of trying a Hail Mary to win or tie the game, they should just settle for the loss because, hey, they played hard all game.

skipwondah33
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, I side with the camp that agrees with it. So what if it was the 2nd game of the season, so what if there were only 8-9 seconds left in the game. We say "every game matters" in college football, so because they play 16 games instead of 12 and have 6 teams getting in the playoffs instead of the BS system, it doesn't matter in the NFL? If they had forced the turnover, and had scored and tied the game and gone into overtime, would it still be derided as a bush league call or a brilliant call?

I view it no different than snoop's fake punt in one of his Powerhouse OD games. It was a tactical play call based on the current score and situation in the game. It was a one touchdown game. You play to the zeroes. It was all zeroes yet. Has something like that ever produced a turnover? I don't know, but to me it doesn't matter. Does a fake punt or fake field goal work that often or that well? Seemingly not very often, but does that mean one who never, ever be called in a game just because it doesn't work that often? Same with a Hail Mary. How often does the Hail Mary actually truly work and end in a favorable result for the offense? Probably well less than 50/50, but teams still attempt the Hail Mary a number of times throughout the season. I guess in their case, since it's only week 2 or week 3, and only 8 or 9 seconds left in the game, instead of trying a Hail Mary to win or tie the game, they should just settle for the loss because, hey, they played hard all game.Yep they played hard and gave up a lead in the 2nd half that they shouldn't have loss.

But really diving for a QB, Center while they are kneeling to give up the play and themselves? That is garbage. Should every team do that?

They weren't coming back and I'd put an entire year's worth of my salary that if that was done 1,000 times with the same amount of time left in the game that not only if they did actually force a turnover, that they weren't going to score after recovering the ball...if any time was still left on the clock. And I again I am willing to bet any amount of money that wasn't going to happen..especially in the NFL. Maybe in College Football playing against the likes of Buffalo or whoever else the Rutgers played...but it wasn't going to happen then.

These guys are playing for their livelihoods to have an injury go down because a point is trying to be proved with 8 seconds left (that his team plays to zeroes...BS).

But hey I guess Schiano is one of those revolutionary coaches that has never came along in the NFL ranks before.

psusnoop
09-18-2012, 10:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2kCaqbVtpU

My only issue is if that offensive line and offensive team didn't realize by looking at the man across from them that TB defenders were coming then they themselves should be ashamed for putting themselves at risk and others too.

Not taking a side here other then the simple fact that as a player you need to pay attention.

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not going to go into a long diatribe about it, but I'm siding with Schiano on this.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Yep they played hard and gave up a lead in the 2nd half that they shouldn't have loss.

But really diving for a QB, Center while they are kneeling to give up the play and themselves? That is garbage. Should every team do that?

They weren't coming back and I'd put an entire year's worth of my salary that if that was done 1,000 times with the same amount of time left in the game that not only if they did actually force a turnover, that they weren't going to score after recovering the ball...if any time was still left on the clock. And I again I am willing to bet any amount of money that wasn't going to happen..especially in the NFL. Maybe in College Football playing against the likes of Buffalo or whoever else the Rutgers played...but it wasn't going to happen then.

These guys are playing for their livelihoods to have an injury go down because a point is trying to be proved with 8 seconds left (that his team plays to zeroes...BS).

But hey I guess Schiano is one of those revolutionary coaches that has never came along in the NFL ranks before.

I agree with you on the odds of actually causing a turnover and then not only recovering but then scoring a touchdown. But you still gotta try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2kCaqbVtpU

My only issue is if that offensive line and offensive team didn't realize by looking at the man across from them that TB defenders were coming then they themselves should be ashamed for putting themselves at risk and others too.

Not taking a side here other then the simple fact that as a player you need to pay attention.

Yep. The way Tampa Bay lined up that play, even watching on TV I knew they were coming hard and going all out on that play. If I can tell that on TV, you're gonna tell me the guys on that offensive line are a bunch of dumbasses and couldn't tell that Tampa Bay was about to come hard on that play?

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Simply put. If it is a 1-possession game, play til the clock hits zero.

skipwondah33
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah you definitely tell they were going to do it. But still wasn't needed or called for. They weren't doing nothing but wasting energy and almost causing an injury.

If they get blown out by 20-30 points I want to still see them doing this crap. Hey play to the clock hits zeroes right. Or if they are winning by that much...keep playing until the zeroes.

Didn't get to watch them in preseason any, wonder if the starters played the entire game any.

I'll relent though and say these Refs are going to get someone hurt likely before the "Schiano leap" does

Haha just ran across this pic and caption

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=media%2Fgettyphoto%2F2012%5C09%5C16%5C152093 013.jpg&w=715&h=572

"Ok. Five seconds left, men. It's time to get physical"

Oh and one more, questions that should have been asked in the news conference.

Greg Schiano: How many games did you win at Rutgers thanks to your patented last-play bull rush?

morsdraconis
09-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Skip, it was most definitely needed and called for. You play until the game is over. Kneeling the ball doesn't mean I'm not going to blast the hell out of you and push you back into the QB, hoping to cause a turnover on a failed exchange. Expecting anything else is bullshit. The fact that more teams don't do it boggles my mind as it can happen and I've seen failed exchanges during attempted kneel downs.

psuexv
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Skip, it was most definitely needed and called for. You play until the game is over. Kneeling the ball doesn't mean I'm not going to blast the hell out of you and push you back into the QB, hoping to cause a turnover on a failed exchange. Expecting anything else is bullshit. The fact that more teams don't do it boggles my mind as it can happen and I've seen failed exchanges during attempted kneel downs.

Disagree. So playing till the game hits zero means the offense should be able to run a play then? But if the Giants came out and actually ran the ball people would be all up in arms saying they were disrespecting Tampa and they should have knelt on it. If teams are going to pull this shit of bull rushing the kneel down then teams should be allowed to throw the ball and score as many touchdowns as they can. You can't have it both ways. The kneel down play is a benefit for the winning and losing team.

I guarantee that if we are playing NCAA and I'm up by one TD with 9 seconds left and I run a play and bust a run for a TD that any one of you would be pissed and call me a dick.

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Well, you are a dick, so what's the difference? :D

morsdraconis
09-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Disagree. So playing till the game hits zero means the offense should be able to run a play then? But if the Giants came out and actually ran the ball people would be all up in arms saying they were disrespecting Tampa and they should have knelt on it. If teams are going to pull this shit of bull rushing the kneel down then teams should be allowed to throw the ball and score as many touchdowns as they can. You can't have it both ways. The kneel down play is a benefit for the winning and losing team.

That's an entirely different circumstance and here's why:

The kneel down, while having the connotation of being a respectful way to end the game, is actually a strategic decision by the offense to run a play with the lowest percentage chance of a turnover to occur in an attempt to get away with a small lead to win the game. All this bullshit about being "respectful" it total rubbish. Offenses only kneel the ball to prevent a turnover when they have the lead and are able to run out the clock to win the game. No other reason.

I guarantee that if we are playing NCAA and I'm up by one TD with 9 seconds left and I run a play and bust a run for a TD that any one of you would be pissed and call me a dick.

Personally, I wouldn't be pissed at all. I'd be surprised since there is the possibility of a turnover happening while running the ball when compared to just kneeling the ball (which is 0% turnover possibility in video game renditions of football).

Personally, I'm all for going for it on 4th down, running fake FGs and punts, etc, as long as it's a situation that seems like it would be applicable and it's not something that looks like an exploit (in the video game sense, of course). If you have the personnel to get the first down on 4th and 1 on your own 30, then, by all means, do it, but, in every rendition of video game football I've played, it's nearly impossible to stop certain plays in those situations so people insist on enforcing the rules for 4th down attempts and such.

ram29jackson
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
dumb ball coach neanderthal logic. The fact is the TB coach is a dumb ass and out of line. What they did is defined as a cheap shot. If the league is promoting safety, you dont allow this.

if theres a few seconds left so no legit play needs to be called by the offense, If you allow this then dont bitch about players and coaches rewarding others for big hits. Because a move like this can injure someone.

the replacement refs = when announcers are openly criticizing the refs on telecasts its obviously bad. Of course theres havoc, its like in school when a substitute shows up. They are respected by the players/anyone

psuexv
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Well, you are a dick, so what's the difference? :D

Yeah but so is Schianno :)

psuexv
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM

The kneel down, while having the connotation of being a respectful way to end the game, is actually a strategic decision by the offense to run a play with the lowest percentage chance of a turnover to occur in an attempt to get away with a small lead to win the game. All this bullshit about being "respectful" it total rubbish. Offenses only kneel the ball to prevent a turnover when they have the lead and are able to run out the clock to win the game. No other reason.

I agree with you that it is definitely a benefit for the offense. But I will not agree with you on the respectful aspect. So if a team is up by 40 points they are allowed to kneel on it and be respectful, but if they are up by 7 they are only doing it to avoid a turnover?

morsdraconis
09-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree with you that it is definitely a benefit for the offense. But I will not agree with you on the respectful aspect. So if a team is up by 40 points they are allowed to kneel on it and be respectful, but if they are up by 7 they are only doing it to avoid a turnover?

Neither. You didn't see the Patriots kneel on the ball when they ran the score up on people when they went 18-1 did ya?

There's no such thing as kneeling out of "respect" anymore. It's antiquated grandpa football. You score points and blow someone out, then you put in your backups and fail miserably so that you don't beat them 150-0.

psuexv
09-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Neither. You didn't see the Patriots kneel on the ball when they ran the score up on people when they went 18-1 did ya?

Actually yeah they did. Here's the just the 1st 4 games of the year and they won each game by at least 2 TDs. The 3rd game they didn't have the ball at the end of the game.

New England Patriots at 00:17
1-10-NYJ 38 (:17) NE #7 Gutierrez in at QB. 7-M.Gutierrez kneels to NYJ 39 for -1 yards.
END GAME

1-10-NE 38 (1:18) NE 7-Gutierrez now at QB. 7-M.Gutierrez kneels to NE 37 for -1 yards.
2-11-NE 37 (:39) 7-M.Gutierrez kneels to NE 36 for -1 yards.
END GAME

1-10-CIN 42 (:47) 16-M.Cassel kneels to CIN 43 for -1 yards.
2-11-CIN 43 (:24) 16-M.Cassel kneels to CIN 45 for -2 yards.
END GAME

ram29jackson
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM

There's no such thing as kneeling out of "respect" anymore. It's antiquated grandpa football. You score points and blow someone out, then you put in your backups and fail miserably so that you don't beat them 150-0.

LOL youve got that backwards. Antiquated football is the 1930s/40s where they ran around hitting people all the time for no reason, including QBs long after the play was over.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Simply put. If it is a 1-possession game, play til the clock hits zero.

Exactly. If it's a one possession game, I'm not quitting just because the offense doesn't want to run an actual offensive play. I'm still trying to get the ball back. Until there is no time left on the clock, I'm trying to get the ball back.

Oh yeah you definitely tell they were going to do it. But still wasn't needed or called for. They weren't doing nothing but wasting energy and almost causing an injury.

If they get blown out by 20-30 points I want to still see them doing this crap. Hey play to the clock hits zeroes right. Or if they are winning by that much...keep playing until the zeroes.

Not quite the same. I'm only talking about doing a play like that when losing in one possession game. Obviously losing by 20-30, it's not gonna mean jack shit in regards to getting the ball back. But when it's only a 7 or 8 point game, a team's supposed to just say "fuck it" and give up because the offense want's to kneel the ball? I don't buy that bullshit. And guess what, ANY play can cause an injury, so trying to put down that play call just because someone could have been injured is also bullshit. If people were really that worried about injuries, then they shouldn't even play the fucking game. You can get injured just jogging from the huddle to the sideline.

Agreed.

Personally, I wouldn't be pissed at all. I'd be surprised since there is the possibility of a turnover happening while running the ball when compared to just kneeling the ball (which is 0% turnover possibility in video game renditions of football).

Personally, I'm all for going for it on 4th down, running fake FGs and punts, etc, as long as it's a situation that seems like it would be applicable and it's not something that looks like an exploit (in the video game sense, of course). If you have the personnel to get the first down on 4th and 1 on your own 30, then, by all means, do it, but, in every rendition of video game football I've played, it's nearly impossible to stop certain plays in those situations so people insist on enforcing the rules for 4th down attempts and such.

Mors already covered it, but nothing is stopping the offense from running a play in that situation. They just kneel it down because, as mors said, it's the safest play call with the lowest possibility of a turnover occurring. It has absolutely nothing to do with respect. Wherever that line of bullshit started being used in regards to the QB Kneel, that's all it is, bullshit. It's plain and simply the safest offensive play in that situation. That doesn't mean the defense has to just say fuck it and sit on their hands the final seconds or minute of the game because the offense wants to simply kneel out of the clock.

And I have no problem with the offense running it on the final play or final seconds of the game. They don't necessarily HAVE to go for a touchdown, but they can run offensive plays for all I care. In my dynasties in NCAA, I still run regular offensive plays. I have either never, or if so, rarely ever, taken a kneel in the final minute or seconds of a game. I'm still running dives and off tackles with my running game until the clock hits all zeroes, even when I'm winning by 20 or 30. If I'm winning by a bunch, I won't sit there trying to intentionally tack on another unneeded touchdown, but I'll still call running plays (or passing if it's 3rd and long), and continue running my regular offense until the end.

As for your situational, if you ran a play and bust a touchdown on me, I'm gonna be pissed alright, at myself and my defense for failing to stop the play and tackle the ball carrier. Whether it's 9 seconds left or 2 minutes, it's a one possession game. Anything goes in my mind as I'm doing anything, whatever it takes, to create a turnover on defense and get the ball back. If the offense wants to take the pussy way out and kneel it all the rest of the game, good for them, I'm still bringing the heat.

And yeah, I'm the same way with 4th down. I am not even remotely shy about going for it on 4th down. As mors said, there are unstoppable plays on 4th down, so you get all these rules regarding going for it on 4th in ODs and stuff, but me, I do my own thing in my offline dynasty, so if I feel like a fake punt or a fake field goal is a good play call in a situation, or going with a run or short, quick pass on 4th and 1 or 4th and 2, I'll go for it without hesitation. If someone else does that and scores on me (like snoop's fake punt in the Powerhouse OD against another user), I'm blaming my team for failing to blow up the play and failing to tackle the ball carrier and stopping him from scoring. For me, anything goes in NCAA user vs. user games. I don't subscribe to that you can't do this, ever, and can only do that in certain situation rules that everyone else subscribes to. The only play calling issues for me in NCAA are the ones that directly or explicitly exploit shitty AI programming in NCAA or no matter what the defense calls, it is unstoppable because of shitty programming. Other than those issues, anything, and any play, goes for me in NCAA.

skipwondah33
09-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Victory formation I here it's referred to alot.

Since he referenced Rutgers I'd like to know how many games were won doing it.

I don't so much care about the unwritten rule shit. It was just a dumb decision, wasn't going to win the game and a waste of energy and effort by the players. You lost the game and had 59 minutes and 54 seconds to determine the outcome of the game before trying desperation lunges while a team is in Victory formation. These are grown ass men. You just lost the lead and was beaten by the better team. Let them run out the 5 seconds of the clock, get into the locker room to hear the coach, get treatment and catch the damn flight back Florida.

In College I could have cared less if this happened. More "Rudy" type shit happens in CF.

But whatever, like I said I expect to see this from his team all the time now. I don't want to hear shit about them not doing if their down 30 or up 30. Never know the other team could magically force a TO in the waning seconds and get the game's final score, winning the game and making a blockbuster Hollywood movie out of it.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
But whatever, like I said I expect to see this from his team all the time now. I don't want to hear shit about them not doing if their down 30 or up 30. Never know the other team could magically force a TO in the waning seconds and get the game's final score, winning the game and making a blockbuster Hollywood movie out of it.

Show me a team, not just Tampa Bay, but any team that is still going to be going 100% balls to the wall all out with 10 seconds left and losing by 30? A lot of teams don't even fucking try with 5 minutes still left when losing by 20 or 30. Expecting them to do that same play no matter what, whether they're losing by 7 or losing by 30 is stupid as hell. They're not even the same situations.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Reported by USA Today and ESPN. :(

NFL Films' president Steve Sabol has died of cancer

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Reported by USA Today and ESPN. :(

Yep was 69. A true pioneer. His brother isn't doing the beat either. RIP

ram29jackson
09-18-2012, 03:00 PM
the NFL NETWORK will be all Steve for at least the next 24 hours or the week.

the football world grieves.

who will take over the creative end...and will they not drastically change it over time ?

...and John Facenda's voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwI_WrG7yk

steelerfan
09-18-2012, 03:09 PM
RIP Steve Sabol. :(

The end of an era for sure. NFL Films is as responsible as anyone for the popularity of the league.

skipwondah33
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Show me a team, not just Tampa Bay, but any team that is still going to be going 100% balls to the wall all out with 10 seconds left and losing by 30? A lot of teams don't even fucking try with 5 minutes still left when losing by 20 or 30. Expecting them to do that same play no matter what, whether they're losing by 7 or losing by 30 is stupid as hell. They're not even the same situations.Yep and doing so with 5 fucking seconds left on the clock expecting some lucky turnover against a team and QB who's won 2 Super Bowls is just as stupid as hell.

They weren't going to win the game. They didn't win the game and that lunge "play until the clock hits zeroes" stuff was all worthless. If they do that the entire season again I am willing to bet that it won't work and they won't have a chance to win the game due to it.

I'm all for instilling an attitude in your team. Harbaugh has did that with the 49ers. They play tough hard hitting football. They prove their point doing so. But they aren't lunging after the QB when their opponent is in Victory formation and I am willing to bet they never would.

And yes RIP Steve Sabol. I get chills watching anything he and NFL Films ever produced.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Yep and doing so with 5 fucking seconds left on the clock expecting some lucky turnover against a team and QB who's won 2 Super Bowls is just as stupid as hell.

They weren't going to win the game. They didn't win the game and that lunge "play until the clock hits zeroes" stuff was all worthless. If they do that the entire season again I am willing to bet that it won't work and they won't have a chance to win the game due to it.

I'm all for instilling an attitude in your team. Harbaugh has did that with the 49ers. They play tough hard hitting football. They prove their point doing so. But they aren't lunging after the QB when their opponent is in Victory formation and I am willing to bet they never would.

No, it didn't work. This time. That's not to say it's never going to work. You didn't win the lottery yesterday. Does that mean you shouldn't bother trying because you didn't win one day? It didn't work on Sunday. But it's never going to work unless they actually TRY it.

What are the odds of a Hail Mary being successful? I'm sure it's probably pretty low. I guess teams shouldn't bother trying a Hail Mary or other trick plays because they'll never or hardly ever work. I guess Boise State shouldn't have tried the Statue of Liberty play against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl in 2007, because hey, it never or hardly ever works. I guess they also shouldn't have tried the fake punt play they pulled off in the Fiesta Bowl in 2010 against TCU, because, hey, what are the odds?

I'll take players and a team that actually TRY stuff (even if they fail) any day of the week over a team and players that say "fuck it" and don't even bother trying, but instead roll over and accept defeat.

Sure, it didn't work, and if it did and they forced a turnover, there was no guarantee they'd score a touchdown. But there was a chance. Some of the greatest plays in NFL and college football history have happened on chance. There was a chance they'd forced a turnover. There was a chance they'd be able to throw a Hail Mary pass and get the touchdown to tie the game and go to overtime. It didn't happen this week, but there was a chance. That chance sometimes is all you need in football to pull off the impossible.

Would you be saying the same thing if it was the Steelers in that situation? What if Pittsburgh was losing by 2 points, or 6 or 7 points, and they had a chance to win with either a field goal or touchdown if they just simple got the ball back. You're telling me you'd just accept the loss, not expect or want Pittsburgh to put up a fight and try to force a turnover solely because the other team's offense was in the "victory formation"? I call bullshit on that.

skipwondah33
09-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Trying to win a game by calling a fake punt or any of the other scenarios are different.

And I don't care if this was the greatest coach, Steelers or whoever that did. I'd feel the same EXACT way. You don't get recognition for "trying" by doing that with 5 seconds left. It's a reason it's never been seen in the NFL. One the odds are better to hit the Mega Millions than to get a turnover that way in the NFL. Two the players accept the loss in that situation (5 seconds left) and move onto the next week....which turns out a short week for the Giants.

This doesn't prove anything in the NFL, just pisses another team off and makes others aware of the things your being told.

Again them allowing the Giants to kneel out isn't giving up or showing weakness. It's being realistic that you lost, you aren't going to get a TO in that situation. Accept that and get into the locker room.

Only way I'd ever agree to something like that was if the team was within the 2-3 yd line or something crazy. Not the 45-50 I believe they were at.

But I'm done with it. The Bucs lost and proved absolutely nothing and probably the next time another team kneels on them they are going to after them instead to protect their QB.

steelerfan
09-18-2012, 05:48 PM
If the Steelers did it, people would be calling it the dirtiest move in the history of the game.

If the offensive line fired out, from the Victory Formation, there'd be all kind of controversy.

Hopefully, if this comes up again, a Bucs player gets hurt.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Here's a different way of looking at it, that they weren't necessarily trying to cause a turnover, but instead trying to get in there to recover a fumble if the snap to the QB ended up getting fucked up along the way.

What's being missed is that the Bucs' rush wasn't designed to force a fumble (not nearly enough time for that, if the snap goes smoothly), but rather to be able to jump on a loose ball should the Giants inexplicably put it on the ground. Which has been known to happen around here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1Ixd3jiGU) In a game in which Eli Manning had already turned the ball over three times, why not force him to make one final play? Yes, a kneeldown is a play—and the fact that it's covered by the written rules ought to be enough to keep this out of the realm of the imaginary.

http://deadspin.com/5943797/why-jump-a-kneeldown-because-it-worked-two-years-ago

Obviously, neither of us are going to change the other's opinion. Myself and others are deadset in our thoughts that it was a perfectly fine play call given the score and situation at that moment of the game. Yourself and others are deadset in your thoughts that it was a call that went against whatever the dumbass unwritten rules of the NFL (that ultimately do not matter in any way, shape and form) are. We'll just agree to disagree.

For me, regardless of what the Bucs did, the offensive line still should have recognized that the Bucs were about to come hard and should have been ready to block like on any other play of the game. The fact they got their asses knocked all over by the Bucs is of no one's fault other than their own. Coughlin and Eli should be blaming the O-line that he ended up on his ass that play.

punter
09-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Welcome to listening to the "experts".

NFL Network and ESPN are nothing but a bunch of washed up players, coaches, and reporters that either would still have a job in the NFL if they didn't suck at it (Ditka, Brian Billick, etc), or have no experience at all but are self-proclaimed experts (the hack that is Mel Kiper). The players are the closest thing to "experts" but even they are terrible at it (aside from, as much as it pains me to say, Troy Aikman, pretty much every ex-player color commentator is atrocious).

The "experts" on the NFL still have a job, therefore, it's impossible for them to actually do anything for TV. The only ex-player long time analyst worth a damn is Mike Mayock and that's because he actually knows what he's talking about at least half the time. He understands the fundamentals of football (footwork, proper weigh distribution, hand technique, etc) and applies it to his evaluations of football players.

That's not quite what I was getting at, http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm294/punterking/download3333_zps8b9fd04b.jpg
Bert and Ernie could tell me about the game as long as they would give credit where credit is do.
For Example, Today I turn on the TV and here is what I hear Denver Broncos Lose to the Atlanta Falcons and then they talk for 30 min on why they lost.
The story should start Atlanta Falcons beat Denver Broncos and then 30 min. on why how they won.

They have done this for years mainly with the Cowboys. Anytime they would lose there would never talk about the team that won, Only what the Cowboys needs to improve to win. They need to talk about the winning team and not the losers..

JBHuskers
09-18-2012, 11:29 PM
ESPN does have this sweet mythical beast that goes by the name of "Sources".

Rudy
09-19-2012, 04:10 AM
I hear you punter. One of the worst announcers I ever heard do that stuff was Bill Walsh. Every big play by the offense was a mistake by the defense and he would always criticize people all game long. It's the coach in him but he was a lousy announcer because of it. If the QB makes a nice throw to a WR then say it's a nice throw instead of criticizing the defenders.

NatureBoy
09-19-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jroy7fHIMaI

:( My favorite work of Steve Sabol. RIP.

JBHuskers
09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Correction, it's his dad Ed that isn't in the best of shape either. Sad that Ed saw his son pass :(

I love the Autumn Wind line.... :nod:

I could listen to NFL Films music all day.

JBHuskers
09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
:up: :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4E0AXU2myM

SmoothPancakes
09-19-2012, 12:15 PM
:D I've been sitting here Youtubing videos of NFL Films music for the last half hour or so.

JBHuskers
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
According to Shady McCoy, one of the officials went to him on the field and said, "give me a good game man, I've got you on my fantasy team"

But yeah, replacement refs are juuuuuuust fine. :fp:

Goodell says it's going to be better, hell no, as the play ramps up, this is going to get worse.

skipwondah33
09-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah NFL Films is :up:

ram29jackson
09-19-2012, 02:55 PM
According to Shady McCoy, one of the officials went to him on the field and said, "give me a good game man, I've got you on my fantasy team"

But yeah, replacement refs are juuuuuuust fine. :fp:

Goodell says it's going to be better, hell no, as the play ramps up, this is going to get worse.

LOL for all we know, players are making up stories to get rid of the refs. Its like when you get a substitute teacher. It just becomes kaos

SmoothPancakes
09-19-2012, 04:01 PM
LOL for all we know, players are making up stories to get rid of the refs. Its like when you get a substitute teacher. It just becomes kaos

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

steelerfan
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM
kaos

What is "kaos"?

Did you mean "chaos"?

ram29jackson
09-19-2012, 07:48 PM
What is "kaos"?

Did you mean "chaos"?

take the hook out of your mouth. I know how its spelled.

steelerfan
09-19-2012, 08:15 PM
take the hook out of your mouth. I know how its spelled.

You mean "it's"?

JBHuskers
09-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Professor Steelerfan :D

ram29jackson
09-19-2012, 11:09 PM
You mean "it's"?

no, I mean Chaos. :D

in any case, they try to come up with stats that say they arent calling any bad or odd penalties or amount of penalties. That doesnt matter, these guys are rookie scabs and they need the veteran officials to keep things running smoothly.

steelerfan
09-19-2012, 11:58 PM
no, I mean Chaos. :D

With a capital "C"? So, it's a proper noun?

psuexv
09-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Professor Steelerfan :D

Why is it this is what I picture? Audio NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

JBHuskers
09-20-2012, 10:07 AM
SAY WHAT AGAIN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPpEFlpkMY

skipwondah33
09-20-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OH_5x2ObSE

JBHuskers
09-20-2012, 12:22 PM
The league front office of the No Fun League, going to fine Alex Smith $15k next time he wears a SF Giants hat to the press conference... :fp:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/09/19/alex-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

Because it's not a league company cap :fp:

steelerfan
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Why is it this is what I picture?

:D

ram29jackson
09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
The league front office of the No Fun League, going to fine Alex Smith $15k next time he wears a SF Giants hat to the press conference... :fp:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/09/19/alex-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

Because it's not a league company cap :fp:

talk about abusing your own license for profit,thats just sad

i'm pretty sure ive seen various football players with caps on...Brady with a Boston cap maybe ? Maybe Sanchez with a Yankee Cap ..maybe ?

never heard of the NBA fining Lebron for his Yankee cap ? Just greedy and stupid

JBHuskers
09-20-2012, 03:17 PM
talk about abusing your own license for profit,thats just sad

i'm pretty sure ive seen various football players with caps on...Brady with a Boston cap maybe ? Maybe Sanchez with a Yankee Cap ..maybe ?

never heard of the NBA fining Lebron for his Yankee cap ? Just greedy and stupid

Mark this day down, I just :+1:'d a post by Ram :o

skipwondah33
09-20-2012, 03:21 PM

Because it's not a league company cap :fp:That actually makes sense. Why would he be marketing another league and professional team in a news conference? I know guys where different teams/leagues hats all the time but not at actual league business events. For example I know Dwight Freeney wears Yankees hats all the time, but I never recalled seeing him do so at an actual Colts event. I may be wrong but I understand where they are coming from.

And Ram I'm not sure Brady every wore a Sox hat. I know he has worn a hat by his own brand that he has. I may be mistaken though, maybe he has.

ram29jackson
09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola tied an NFL record for most receptions in the first half with 12 in Sunday's 31-28 win over the Washington Redskins.

He tied a record set by Reggie Wayne with Indianapolis in 2007 and finished the game with 15 catches for 160 yards and a score.

The fourth-year player set a career high in catches and yards in the game.

oh Danny Boy !

Rudy
09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
That actually makes sense. Why would he be marketing another league and professional team in a news conference? I know guys where different teams/leagues hats all the time but not at actual league business events. For example I know Dwight Freeney wears Yankees hats all the time, but I never recalled seeing him do so at an actual Colts event. I may be wrong but I understand where they are coming from.

And Ram I'm not sure Brady every wore a Sox hat. I know he has worn a hat by his own brand that he has. I may be mistaken though, maybe he has.

Yeah, players are only allowed to wear sanctioned gear before and after a game. That starts from 90 minutes before game time and extends to 90 minutes after the game. Alex can wear that Giants hat all week long but he can't wear it for post game interviews. It's just the rules and all players know it.

I understand the NFL doing this but I personally don't like how advertising is taking over sports either. I don't want the NFL to end up like soccer wearing jerseys are nothing but sponsor filled jerseys. There is so much money already but it's never enough for those guys.

skipwondah33
09-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I understand the NFL doing this but I personally don't like how advertising is taking over sports either. I don't want the NFL to end up like soccer wearing jerseys are nothing but sponsor filled jerseys. There is so much money already but it's never enough for those guys.Definitely

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
CDJ gave me the heads up on this, per Bloomberg, the NFL Network and Time Warner Cable have finally reached a deal :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Alfred Morris of the Redskins is leading the NFC in touchdowns, and he's not making a boatload of money, but still is making NFL money. Yet he isn't like Vince Young (who has reportedly blown all $26M in earnings). Morris still drives a 1991 Mazda.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/09/20/img_2640-x-wide-community.jpg

steelerfan
09-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Why did you put snoop's car as the example, JB?

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 12:19 PM

:D :D :D

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 12:20 PM
CDJ gave me the heads up on this, per Bloomberg, the NFL Network and Time Warner Cable have finally reached a deal :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

An update to this story, NFL Network and Red Zone Channel are going to be available IMMEDIATELY this weekend!

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2012, 03:18 PM
An update to this story, NFL Network and Red Zone Channel are going to be available IMMEDIATELY this weekend!

What are the full details on it?

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 03:34 PM
What are the full details on it?

Here is the article that stated the channels would be here this weekend - http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/09/nfl_network_time_warner_cable.html

Here is the initial story break from Bloomberg - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-21/nfl-said-to-have-deal-with-time-warner-for-nfl-network-redzone.html

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Nice, I'll have to do some channel hunting this weekend and find out where they are. Time Warner, at least TWC MidOhio, doesn't always do the greatest job of immediately getting their press releases and other stuff online right away.

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Nice, I'll have to do some channel hunting this weekend and find out where they are. Time Warner, at least TWC MidOhio, doesn't always do the greatest job of immediately getting their press releases and other stuff online right away.

Yeah I already looked on my phone to see if they added them :D

I'm guessing overnight Saturday into Sunday is when they sneak them in.

Rudy
09-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Bell TV still only has NFL-N in SD. Annoying, especially when the surrounding cable company has has it in HD for 2 years.

ram29jackson
09-21-2012, 04:40 PM
time warner ? on the west coast that is the most over priced and boring channel selection ever compared to Direct tv anyway

Rudy
09-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Great article on how much of a jerk and bully Greg Schiano is. This details how he treated NFL guys while at Rutgers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--buccaneers-coach-greg-schiano-regarded-as-bully-around-nfl-well-before-kneel-down-incident-20120921.html;_ylt=AkDkAk6b9Y_nOr8JUFIi7pQLcykA;_y lu=X3oDMTFsYmxwdDFlBG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGh vcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXhUZW1w;_ylg=X3o DMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDB HBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

JeffHCross
09-21-2012, 07:57 PM
While I don't support Schiano's general attitude (as that article described), I'm also not a fan of the "uncontested" kneel down in a one-score game (after all, the kneel down exists to guard against a fumble ... it's not designed as a concession by the opposing team). I didn't see anything wrong with what the Bucs did against the Giants, personally.

morsdraconis
09-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Great article on how much of a jerk and bully Greg Schiano is. This details how he treated NFL guys while at Rutgers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--buccaneers-coach-greg-schiano-regarded-as-bully-around-nfl-well-before-kneel-down-incident-20120921.html;_ylt=AkDkAk6b9Y_nOr8JUFIi7pQLcykA;_y lu=X3oDMTFsYmxwdDFlBG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGh vcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXhUZW1w;_ylg=X3o DMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDB HBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I'm sorry, but that is such hackery of "writing" it's atrocious. What he's complaining about is normal stuff for college football reporting. Most colleges don't allow reporters anywhere close to the players while they're on the field. That's normal stuff. Also, complaining about Schiano being a dick, how is that any different from Bellicheck, Shanahan, or 50% of the NFL coaches in the league?

It's just silly writing that's making more out of something that's totally meaningless.

ram29jackson
09-21-2012, 10:55 PM
:D he said " hackery"

steelerfan
09-21-2012, 10:56 PM
:D he said " hackery"

That's ok, you said "kaos". ;)

JBHuskers
09-21-2012, 10:59 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/2012-09-21_22-16-16_303_zps23d29f23.jpg

Gabbert's lover got rough with him last night according to the ESPN Bottom (no pun intended) Line :D :D :D

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah I already looked on my phone to see if they added them :D

I'm guessing overnight Saturday into Sunday is when they sneak them in.

NFL Network is alive! I just got home from work, decided to check for the hell of it, NFL Network and Redzone Channel were both added sometime overnight. At least for here in NW Ohio, in the HD channels, NFL Network is 1346, Redzone 1347 (346 and 347 in down in the Digital channels). Watching NFL Network right now, since there's really not too much else on at the moment.

JBHuskers
09-22-2012, 12:52 PM
NFL Network is alive! I just got home from work, decided to check for the hell of it, NFL Network and Redzone Channel were both added sometime overnight. At least for here in NW Ohio, in the HD channels, NFL Network is 1346, Redzone 1347 (346 and 347 in down in the Digital channels). Watching NFL Network right now, since there's really not too much else on at the moment.

Fuck yes!

I was added around 10pm last night. TWC sent out an e-mail late last night which prompted me to think they were there. So I watched it while playing FIFA late last night. Can't wait for Red Zone tomotomorrow on something other than a stream :D

psusnoop
09-22-2012, 11:36 PM

That's to new haha

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 03:21 PM
WOW first taste of NFL RedZone on TWC and am getting some sick late game drama! I.E. Lions hail mary to tie.

NatureBoy
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Did your cable company add the NFL Network and Redzone for free? I'm enjoying both channels even thought they are a extra ten bucks a month.

Rudy
09-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Dolphins vs. Jets was a tough loss for Miami although it's hard to argue they deserved to win with some questionable playcalling in the 2nd half and some bad play all around. The pick 6 was really tough to take. The Jets missed their share of plays. The one thing that stood out to me was Santonio Holmes able to beat Marshall quite a bit while the Dolphins don't have a receiving weapon that could do the same.

I hate the coaches having the ability to call time outs. Always hated it. I still feel that a player on the field should be the only person able to call time.

JBHuskers
09-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Did your cable company add the NFL Network and Redzone for free? I'm enjoying both channels even thought they are a extra ten bucks a month.

Free for me because I already had the Sports Tier. NFL Network is on regular digital cable. Red Zone is on Sports Tier that is $6 a month.

jaymo76
09-23-2012, 11:20 PM
:Oakland_Raiders: 34 :Pitt_Steelers: 31 :))

punter
09-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Hey where off to a good start lets see how long it will last.

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 08:51 AM
:Oakland_Raiders: 34 :Pitt_Steelers: 31 :))

:smh: :fp:

Pathetic. :(

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Hey where off to a good start lets see how long it will last.

Atlanta does look really good, thus far.

NatureBoy
09-24-2012, 09:10 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/2012-09-21_22-16-16_303_zps23d29f23.jpg

Gabbert's lover got rough with him last night according to the ESPN Bottom (no pun intended) Line :D :D :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 :D:D:D I kept seeing that during the FSU-Clemson game and thought, what in the world? If I was Blaine Gabbert, I would have gotten on the phone with someone and asked ESPN to take that down. I'm sure that everyone who saw that got a huge laugh out of it. I know I sure did.

skipwondah33
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065738/article/darrelle-revis-suffered-torn-acl-for-jets-needs-surgery

Darelle Revis has torn ACL

Watching the game I knew that is what it likely was. Can't stand watching replays of knee/ankle injuries after it happened to me and seeing Willis Mcgahee's injury.

ram29jackson
09-24-2012, 01:52 PM
hahahahaha at the :San_Fran_49ers:

bravo to :Kansas_City_Chiefs:

ram29jackson
09-24-2012, 01:55 PM

gluteus maximus is too long for the ticker

Rudy
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM
There is more talk from people about Peyton Manning's arm. One scout said he can't throw anymore while Jaws questioned the wobble on his ball. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/24/jaws-on-peyton-the-ball-is-not-spinning-out-of-his-hand/) I know I saw that graphic of Peyton losing 2 mph of his 49 mph fastball. Some of the early picks he threw last week at Atlanta were ugly. I don't think Peyton ever threw a perfect spiral before but it's not going to be easier for him since he only has one dome game this year. Should be interesting to see how his play holds up over the year. Playing with an entirely new set of players and coaches has to make it harder too.

gschwendt
09-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Dan Patrick had someone on his show a couple of weeks ago and talking about some QB camp that Manning was hosting. The high school guys were showing off their arm strength throwing it upwards of 70 yards while Peyton was struggling to throw it 40. I imagine he can't make all of the throws he wants to

Rudy
09-24-2012, 04:25 PM
It seems after Denver's first game the other coaches in the league figured out he doesn't have enough zip to do things. I wonder if they have tailored their defenses daring him to throw that deep out and deep down the middle?

ram29jackson
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
doesnt matter, he's still better then Tebow and Sanchez combined LOL

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Boy, did the Packers just get screwed. Lol.

jaymo76
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Boy, did the Packers just get screwed. Lol.

Wow! Even my wife who doesn't watch football, thinks the refs totally blew that call. Plus what's worse, they even blow it after a full replay. I like the Hawks but what a joke. GB won that game and the refs took it from them.

SmoothPancakes
09-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Guaranteed, one of those refs are either a Seahawks fan, or had money on the game.

NatureBoy
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nEPp6CcAAi4bI.jpg

steelerfan
09-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Wow! Even my wife who doesn't watch football, thinks the refs totally blew that call. Plus what's worse, they even blow it after a full replay. I like the Hawks but what a joke. GB won that game and the refs took it from them.

Yes, but replay can't be used to determine who caught the pass.

JBHuskers
09-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Wow! :D

Rudy
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Simultaneous!
:)

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/661956126.jpg?key=456622&Expires=1348550461&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=Z8Je00r8bjm8yAM~QDYEdO32-HnPV3yJAOOMOOnsKDaAOMHIw4xN5PWSapvKbBG6aFdDAb9PPme yj5pORaNVqlhg9hJrFXvk2wpynEoi3w4B-x2bhyMIBsDVKD4oZjsLNpVRbmb7o8hrtswTvLS7B9BIf711nyD 0gs~-X3ehGr8_

ram29jackson
09-25-2012, 12:14 AM
that was bad, passinterference on Shields was bad,

roughing the passer called on the Packers when they intercepted was bad.

haaaaa freaking haaaaaah, what a joke ! what a freaking joke !

on all the sports stations/shows this is like a someone shot a dictator/President story !

ram29jackson
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
history better be made by the league office giving the win to the Packers Wednesday afternoon ! :D yeeeaah riiight , I wish

Rudy
09-25-2012, 07:52 AM
I still think the non-TD catch by Calvin Johnson two years ago was worse than the call last night.

The NFL has too many details in their rules imo. The eyeball test should matter more. I think the eyeball test last night showed GB had the ball although I do admit to some wiggle room there. I thought Calvin Johnson's TD catch was obvious two years ago and yet the NFL feels the need to legislate against our eye ball. We've had the tuck rule, the CJ TD catch and now this play. The funny thing about the play last night was that it was ruled a simultaneous catch on the field. By NFL rules, that cannot be challenged by instant replay. Instant replay can only confirm catch or incompletion. Huh? Why not allow the officials to determine if it was a simultaneous catch? Technically, once the call on the field happened the challenge could not overturn it.

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 07:56 AM
I disagree, Rudy. At least the Calvin Johnson call was the right call.

Rudy
09-25-2012, 08:12 AM
I disagree, Rudy. At least the Calvin Johnson call was the right call.

Right call based on a retarded rule book. It didn't pass the smell test for me. I truly think the NFL legislates some things against common sense.

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Right call based on a retarded rule book. It didn't pass the smell test for me. I truly think the NFL legislates some things against common sense.

Whether the rule is dumb is debatable. I'm just saying that the CJ call was right. Last night, on the other hand, was completely wrong.

skipwondah33
09-25-2012, 08:32 AM
....guess thats why you knock the ball down/back in those situations. Especially if you are so close to the back of the endzone.

Rudy
09-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Lost in all of this is GB giving up 8 sacks in the first half and their offense struggling to score TDs this year. They have scored 57 points in three games and one TD came off a fake field goal.

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/refs.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/1825277152979dc93b8d881dc010a9b2_large

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2012, 11:31 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/423677_440708609309166_679455476_n.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/375844_440718069308220_2127716064_n.jpg

psuexv
09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes, but replay can't be used to determine who caught the pass.

I thought that too but in a statement by the league today, replay can be used to determine who has possession but only in the end zone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066164/article/nfl-supports-decision-to-not-overturn-seahawks-touchdown?campaign=Twitter_news

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
NFL just released a statement supporting the decision not to overturn Golden Tate's walk-off home run errrrrr TD catch.

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
NFL just released a statement supporting the decision not to overturn Golden Tate's walk-off home run errrrrr TD catch.

Shocking. Not. Yeah right like Goodell would actually do something like overturn the result. If they hang those fake refs out to dry for the fucked up call, there goes any shred of belief or credibility in ANY call a fake ref makes at any point from here on out. These fake refs could shank a player and the league would probably defend it to avoid questioning the judgments of their fake refs.

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Shocking. Not. Yeah right like Goodell would actually do something like overturn the result. If they hang those fake refs out to dry for the fucked up call, there goes any shred of belief or credibility in ANY call a fake ref makes at any point from here on out. These fake refs could shank a player and the league would probably defend it to avoid questioning the judgments of their fake refs.

After further review...the player ran into the knife, the ref is not guilty.

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM
After further review...the player ran into the knife, the ref is not guilty.

Yep. :D

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM
It applied to boxing, well now it applies to the NFL too!

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/nfl.jpg

skipwondah33
09-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Lost in all of this is GB giving up 8 sacks in the first half and their offense struggling to score TDs this year. They have scored 57 points in three games and one TD came off a fake field goal.And still not being able to run the ball....especially on that last possession where they manage to only pick up 3 yards.

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM

Good for Tate.

Go Irish! :D

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Good for Tate.

Go Irish! :D

:fp: he wasn't on the team when you hopped on the bandwagon :D

(joking of course, you called your shot before the wagon filled up in late September)

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
This might be the best one yet :D

http://cmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/NFL-replacement-refs-suck-meme.jpg

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 12:25 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/yes-this-is-dog-i-can-referee.jpg

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
:fp: he wasn't on the team when you hopped on the bandwagon :D

(joking of course, you called your shot before the wagon filled up in late September)

As I've said before, the Irish have been my #2 team since the mid 80s. ;)

I watched, at least, 3/4 of Tate's games at ND.

ram29jackson
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Lost in all of this is GB giving up 8 sacks in the first half and their offense struggling to score TDs this year. They have scored 57 points in three games and one TD came off a fake field goal.

thats scketchy too. Come on. the Seattle defenders must be doing something reckless thats not being called to get 8 sacks in a freaking game.

the last call doesnt matter and shouldnt have happened anyway because they cotched 3 calles that should have been game winning situations for the Packers in the first place.

and the memo the league puts out after was the stupidest piece of writing known to man.

I doubt it will happen, but theres murmurs that Packers fans will boycott the Saints game.

That would be so awesome ( first time ive ever typed that word in the world that kids abuse its meaning now to a stupid slang ) if there was just a smattering of people at that game and it sounds like a live practice on audio :D

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Someone in the Dallas Cowboys' organization didn't realize they didn't re-up their domain cowboys.com, someone swooped in and made it a *** dating site :D

ram29jackson
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Someone in the Dallas Cowboys' organization didn't realize they didn't re-up their domain cowboys.com, someone swooped in and made it a *** dating site :D

the stupid problems of the internet age

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 03:09 PM

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
thats scketchy too. Come on. the Seattle defenders must be doing something reckless thats not being called to get 8 sacks in a freaking game.

the last call doesnt matter and shouldnt have happened anyway because they cotched 3 calles that should have been game winning situations for the Packers in the first place.

and the memo the league puts out after was the stupidest piece of writing known to man.

I doubt it will happen, but theres murmurs that Packers fans will boycott the Saints game.

That would be so awesome ( first time ive ever typed that word in the world that kids abuse its meaning now to a stupid slang ) if there was just a smattering of people at that game and it sounds like a live practice on audio :D

From a grammatical perspective, I could argue that the above post is much worse than the NFL's "Memo".

However, I won't. :)

Rudy
09-25-2012, 03:12 PM
As bad as these refs have been at times I think the constant whining and complaining about them by Trent Dilfer and Peter King is out of control. The world and the NFL will survive.

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 03:23 PM
The refs coming from the Lingerie Football League didn't just decided to do both leagues, they were FIRED from the LFL :D :fp: (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/some-replacement-refs-were-so-bad-the-lingerie-foo)

skipwondah33
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Someone in the Dallas Cowboys' organization didn't realize they didn't re-up their domain cowboys.com, someone swooped in and made it a *** dating site :DSomeone in IT got canned I am almost positive

Given that name, their popularity and oh I don't know worth....you would think that they would have registered it for as long as possible. I forget the max length that you can extend.

steelerfan
09-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Someone in IT got canned I am almost positive

Given that name, their popularity and oh I don't know worth....you would think that they would have registered it for as long as possible. I forget the max length that you can extend.

I guess Jerry Jones was serious about returning to the "Glory Hole Days". :D

morsdraconis
09-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Interesting. (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vegas-books-300m-changed-hands-165810375--nfl.html)

JBHuskers
09-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I guess Jerry Jones was serious about returning to the "Glory Hole Days". :D

:D :D :D :D :D

psusnoop
09-26-2012, 06:44 AM
NY Post :D:D

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg619/scaled.php?tn=0&server=619&filename=7bfzfa.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

steelerfan
09-26-2012, 08:24 AM

psusnoop
09-26-2012, 09:52 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/422582_10151179071426100_1027585767_n.jpg

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 10:15 AM
NOOOOOOOOO!

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 10:24 AM
:D :D :D :D

http://www.replacementgoogle.com

psusnoop
09-26-2012, 10:29 AM

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Good news. Positive negotiations just took place between locked out referees and the NFL from ESPN's Chris Mortenson. May be back on the field soon. All it took was a MNF travesty LOL

CLW
09-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Look the refs have been pretty bad but honestly I don't think the "real" refs are all that much better. There are multiple blown calls in EVERY NFL game. The ONLY difference is the players for some reason respect the "real" refs and they have ZERO respect for the current refs thus the play is different and they challenge every call.

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Look the refs have been pretty bad but honestly I don't think the "real" refs are all that much better. There are multiple blown calls in EVERY NFL game. The ONLY difference is the players for some reason respect the "real" refs and they have ZERO respect for the current refs thus the play is different and they challenge every call.

They are MUCH better. It's not all about blown calls.

skipwondah33
09-26-2012, 12:17 PM
+1

I notice the real heavy complainers are the teams that are losing...Drew Bress has been talking quite a bit...maybe he should talk to his Defense...or the team as they are about to go 0-4.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
They are MUCH better. It's not all about blown calls.

They keep shit under control on the field. These refs are afraid to flag players for personal fouls, and when they do, they take the pussy way out and call offsetting penalties to cancel everything out. These players can get away with murder on the field and they won't get flagged for it.

Look no further than the non-pass interference call at the end of the game Monday night. Sure, I know, refs don't usually call offensive pass interference (or pass interference in any case) on an end of the game heave to the end zone, but this wasn't two players jostling for position with some (accidental or intentional) grabbing or pushing, no, this was BLATANT SHOVING a player to the ground and out of the way of the play. The douchebags at the NFL even admitted that there should have been a flag there for offensive PI. There was a lot more they should have admitted, but like hell they'd ever hang their fake fuckoffs, er, excuse me, refs, out to dry.

There was one player this past Sunday, I can't remember his name off the top of my head, that analysts were saying should have been straight up ejected from the game for something he did. Instead, the refs called offsetting personal foul penalties and went about business with their heads shoved up their ass. These refs are not going to grow some goddamn balls and make the calls that need to be made, and the players know this, thus players every game trying to get away with as much cheap or illegal shit as they can, because odds are they won't be flagged for it, and if they are, it'll probably be declared offsetting penalties. The real refs will get this shit in order and stop this stupid bullshit the players do every play.

skipwondah33
09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Yeah there have been quite a few offsetting penalties.

Guys are getting away with slaps to the head and punches.

ram29jackson
09-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Good news. Positive negotiations just took place between locked out referees and the NFL from ESPN's Chris Mortenson. May be back on the field soon. All it took was a MNF travesty LOL

not confirmed, still just a rumor. They are talking but thats it as of now.

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
not confirmed, still just a rumor. They are talking but thats it as of now.

Nowhere in my statement did I say it was confirmed :fp:

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
ESPN's "sources" strike again:

Sources: Deal between NFL, refs very close (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8427652/locked-nfl-referees-return-early-week-sources)

JBHuskers
09-26-2012, 02:57 PM
A nice collage of 32 NFL coaches yelling at replacement refs...

http://am590espnradio.com/upload/32refs.jpeg

ram29jackson
09-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Nowhere in my statement did I say it was confirmed :fp:

:fp: nor do I care if you did or not

ram29jackson
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znUWgnRxSQg

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
A thunderblizzard hurricane. :D

steelerfan
09-26-2012, 11:04 PM
The lockout is over, per ESPN.

morsdraconis
09-27-2012, 04:51 AM
The lockout is over, per ESPN.

Even if it is, it'll be the week after this coming one before they'll be back.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Even if it is, it'll be the week after this coming one before they'll be back.

I don't think so. It's been reported that the regular refs will be on the field for tonight's game. From the story on ESPN:

Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was at the bargaining table Tuesday and Wednesday, said the regular officials would work the Browns-Ravens game in Baltimore.

Now, in terms of the full slew of games on Sunday, it might be next week before they'd be back, but I'd assume if they're using the regular refs tonight, they'll use regular refs this weekend. And thankfully Goodell pulled his head out of his ass long enough to make a reasonable decision, temporarily lifting the lockout to let the real refs call the game tonight, as the NFLRA won't even officially vote on ratifying the agreement until Friday and Saturday.

morsdraconis
09-27-2012, 07:33 AM
I don't think so. It's been reported that the regular refs will be on the field for tonight's game. From the story on ESPN:

Now, in terms of the full slew of games on Sunday, it might be next week before they'd be back, but I'd assume if they're using the regular refs tonight, they'll use regular refs this weekend. And thankfully Goodell pulled his head out of his ass long enough to make a reasonable decision, temporarily lifting the lockout to let the real refs call the game tonight, as the NFLRA won't even officially vote on ratifying the agreement until Friday and Saturday.

Nah, I was wrong. They'll be back in full tomorrow and ready for this weekend apparently. Maybe part of the agreement was immediate reinstatement of them into the workforce? I don't know for sure, but I don't think I like that at all. Expect some interesting calls from these guys.

SmoothPancakes
09-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Nah, I was wrong. They'll be back in full tomorrow and ready for this weekend apparently. Maybe part of the agreement was immediate reinstatement of them into the workforce? I don't know for sure, but I don't think I like that at all. Expect some interesting calls from these guys.

Well, there will probably be some sucky calls, but hopefully they will make better judgment calls, even despite being away from the game for 3/4ths of a year. Plus, these refs will actually keep the players in line on the field and immediately cut down on the extra curricular bullshit that was going on after damn near every play. That crap won't fly with the regular refs, and they won't be afraid to through the flag for it. And they won't take the chicken shit way out and constantly call offsetting penalties like the fake refs were.

ram29jackson
09-27-2012, 03:12 PM
poor Browns

they had a chance to win tonight before the regular refs came back, darn the luck.

steelerfan
09-27-2012, 05:01 PM
poor Browns

they had a chance to win tonight before the regular refs came back, darn the luck.

But, no, they didn't. Even horrible officiating couldn't save then tonight.

JBHuskers
09-27-2012, 06:21 PM

But, no, they didn't. Even horrible officiating couldn't save then tonight.

:+1:

skipwondah33
09-28-2012, 12:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/25/league-admits-to-two-touchdown-errors-in-sunday-night-game/

Ironic this happened with the Packers against the Vikings in 2010

gschwendt
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Falcons Safety plays the Meow Game on ESPN
http://deadspin.com/5947408

JBHuskers
09-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Falcons Safety plays the Meow Game on ESPN
http://deadspin.com/5947408

Saw that on Facebook :D

SmoothPancakes
09-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Well now, according to NFL Network, it looks like we're in for one hell of a defensive battle tonight in Sunday Night Football. http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133062.gif

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/0930021300.jpg

steelerfan
09-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Need to call my book and put it all on the Under.

CLW
09-30-2012, 03:54 PM
LMAO yeah these "real" referees are so.... much better at that offensive pass interference in the endzone. Packers fans learn the truth that the "real" refs aren't much better than the "replacement" refs other than the farce of respect given to them for some unknown reason by the players.

steelerfan
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM
LMAO yeah these "real" referees are so.... much better at that offensive pass interference in the endzone. Packers fans learn the truth that the "real" refs aren't much better than the "replacement" refs other than the farce of respect given to them for some unknown reason by the players.

And exactly how many times have you seen the wrong number of yards marched off in a penalty enforcement? I saw it 3 times in 4 hours of watching 2 weeks ago.

morsdraconis
09-30-2012, 04:22 PM
The refereeing in NFL games has always been HORRIBLE. It's an impossible job that can never be done perfect. Fans will ALWAYS bitch if the play goes against them because the rules for the NFL are so complex with so many subjective rules it's ridiculous. Thus, you have games where things like pass interference and holding are/aren't called when they shouldn't/should be.

Rudy
09-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Dolphins loss another tough one. :(

But Tannehill to Hartline connection was great today.

psuexv
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Personally I think that was a good no call in that game. Colston touched him but it didn't really look like a shove, the DB seemed to trip over his own two feet. That and after the play if you watch the vid, the DB didn't really complain too much about it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/09/30/regular-refs-miss-offensive-pass-interference/1604911/

psusnoop
10-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Dolphins loss another tough one. :(

But Tannehill to Hartline connection was great today.

Cameron Wake with a big day too (4.5 sacks), thought the Dolphins were going to pull this one out.

skipwondah33
10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Apparently Jay Cutler was "Culter-ing" during lastnight's game.

Wonder if he does this stuff for the hell of it?

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Apparently Jay Cutler was "Culter-ing" during lastnight's game.

Wonder if he does this stuff for the hell of it?

Overblown. Mort even said last night this happens more than you know. Kurt Warner blew off his OC during the Super Bowl. But since it's Cutler, it's news. :fp:

skipwondah33
10-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Overblown. Mort even said last night this happens more than you know. Kurt Warner blew off his OC during the Super Bowl. But since it's Cutler, it's news. :fp:Jay Cutler isn't Kurt Warner though lol...nor has he made it to a Super Bowl

He is developing quite the pattern

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Jay Cutler isn't Kurt Warner though lol...nor has he made it to a Super Bowl

He is developing quite the pattern

The deal with Webb was a problem. Last night was nothing. Media is making it to be WAY MUCH MORE than it was last night.

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Hadn't done this since week one, so how bout a 1/4 of the way there Power Rankings?

1. Atlanta
2. Houston
3. San Francisco
4. Arizona
5t. Baltimore
5t. Chicago

Others receiving votes: Philadelphia, San Diego, Minnesota, Cincinnati, New England

Atlanta and Houston have had a heavy dose of the AFC West for the most part. If San Fran didn't trip up against Minnesota, they'd be at the top by a landslide. That is why I'm giving them the nod over Arizona. Baltimore and Chicago are tied for 5th.

How I ranked week one. Hello Jets!

The all too early Top 5 Power Rankings

1. Baltimore
2. San Francisco
3. Denver
4. Chicago
5. New York Jets

Others receiving votes: Washington, New England, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston

SmoothPancakes
10-02-2012, 04:17 PM
http://deadspin.com/5948105/the-jerry-dome-is-infested-by-gigantic-roaches?

I think that roach had an INT against Romo last night.

JBHuskers
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
http://deadspin.com/5948105/the-jerry-dome-is-infested-by-gigantic-roaches?

I think that roach had an INT against Romo last night.

One thing that is for sure, he's got better hands than Dez Bryant.

SCClassof93
10-03-2012, 04:37 AM
Not into the NFL but I thought some of you might get a laugh.

http://forums.azbilliards.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=242991&d=1349248804

JBHuskers
10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/romomeme.jpg

JBHuskers
10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Look who's on the SI cover this week. Does the cover jinx apply to NFL refs?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/sicoverhochuli.jpg

psuexv
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Look who's on the SI cover this week. Does the cover jinx apply to NFL refs?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/sicoverhochuli.jpg

I wonder if he's doing the Green Bay game?

ram29jackson
10-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Chicago looked great the year they went to the Super Bowl,obviously, except for Grossman which was baffeling?

They Looked great 2 years ago until they lost to the Packers who won the Super Bowl that year.

This year, early on, they look pretty great again. If their next 4 games look as good as their last 4, I might start to believe they are on a mission?

They dont play Minnesota till Nov. 25th. I wonder how good Minn might be by then because right now they seem good too?

JBHuskers
10-05-2012, 02:18 PM
MadScientist posted this on Facebook today....f'n hilarious.

http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

http://i.imgur.com/ucGcH.png

http://i.imgur.com/XzF5I.png

http://i.imgur.com/9J0p1.png

http://i.imgur.com/YNY49.png

http://i.imgur.com/4lQ21.png

http://i.imgur.com/VEaPI.png

http://i.imgur.com/KeUvW.png

http://i.imgur.com/tp0Gn.png

JBHuskers
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
My favorite parts :D :D :D

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/qb1.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/qb2.jpg

Rudy
10-05-2012, 05:29 PM
That was funny. I liked Cutler's appearance and especially Russell Wilson at the end.

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2012, 06:19 PM
That was pretty damn funny. :D

steelerfan
10-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Nice win over the Eagles today for Pittsburgh. The Steelers didn't play all that well, but it sure was nice to see Mendenhall playing, as well as Harrison.

It doesn't look good for Polamalu though - after not playing since opening day with a calf injury, he pulled up lame in the first quarter and did not return.

Mendenhall rushed for 81 yards on 14 carries and added Pittsburgh's only touchdown.

At Tennessee Thursday night, next up for the Steelers.

baseballplyrmvp
10-07-2012, 03:55 PM
that was great jb. lol :D i liked the romo and cutler parts the best.

psuexv
10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Is it ironic that tonight is the 666th Monday Night Football game in NFL history and Tim Tebow is playing in it?

morsdraconis
10-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Is it ironic that tonight is the 666th Monday Night Football game in NFL history and Tim Tebow is playing in it?

Not at all. Tim Tebow is the antichrist. Didn't you know?

steelerfan
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Who said Tebow is playing?

Rudy
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Who said Tebow is playing?

Quite frankly the Jets don't have good RBs, don't have a good OL and without Santonio Holmes they don't have good WRs. I just don't see how a mediocre Sanchez can win with that supporting cast. I don't know if Tebow can do it but I think a conventional offense for the Jets will suck so you might as well see if Tebow can conjure up the magic he had last year. He needs to play in more than just the Wildcat and I get really tired of Sparano always running the Wildcat out of the same set and motion. There isn't enough variety in what they do with Tebow. I thought Denver has a lot more variety in their run-option plays.

bdoughty
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Tebow made some plays tonight and the one pass he threw was dropped. They should have had in for more plays but Sanchez was not horrible tonight. J.J. Watt on the other hand is a freaking beast from another planet. He won the game for the Texans tonight.

skipwondah33
10-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Quite frankly the Jets don't have good RBs, don't have a good OL and without Santonio Holmes they don't have good WRs. I just don't see how a mediocre Sanchez can win with that supporting cast. I don't know if Tebow can do it but I think a conventional offense for the Jets will suck so you might as well see if Tebow can conjure up the magic he had last year. He needs to play in more than just the Wildcat and I get really tired of Sparano always running the Wildcat out of the same set and motion. There isn't enough variety in what they do with Tebow. I thought Denver has a lot more variety in their run-option plays.I thought it was hilarious before the game Chris Carter said that if Keyshawn Johnson stopped drinking right now he would still be better than Chaz Schielins :D :D

It's wild because the Jets O-line use to be one of their strengths.

And Tebow was successful because the Defense kept games low scoring and what were they doing? Running the ball. The Jets don't do that enough, nor have capable RB's or an Oline to do it...or the desire it seems. I mean shit their best person to run the football may be their backup QB...that's pretty bad.

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 08:42 AM
IIRC Watt is close to the single season record for pass deflections at the line in a season ALREADY.

psuexv
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
TO tweeted this last night :D

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens

Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen

skipwondah33
10-09-2012, 09:43 AM
He's still better than Chaz Schilens right now lol

And Jeremy Kerley is spotlighting as a #1, when he is a #3 at best

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
After Week 5:

1. Houston
2. Atlanta
3. San Francisco
4. Chicago
5. Baltimore

Others receiving votes: Minnesota, New England, Arizona, NY Giants, Indianapolis

I'll give a respect vote to Indy after that comeback. Houston jumps Atlanta as both sides of the ball are just looking amazing right now. Thought I'm very impressed in Atlanta for winning on the road in damp and cold conditions. I was all ready to put San Fran up to #2 thinking Washington would win that game going in. Minnesota and New England are close. Minnesota has really only beat one good team since Detroit turned back into Detroit.

Hadn't done this since week one, so how bout a 1/4 of the way there Power Rankings?

1. Atlanta
2. Houston
3. San Francisco
4. Arizona
5t. Baltimore
5t. Chicago

Others receiving votes: Philadelphia, San Diego, Minnesota, Cincinnati, New England

Atlanta and Houston have had a heavy dose of the AFC West for the most part. If San Fran didn't trip up against Minnesota, they'd be at the top by a landslide. That is why I'm giving them the nod over Arizona. Baltimore and Chicago are tied for 5th.

How I ranked week one. Hello Jets!

JBHuskers
10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
TO tweeted this last night :D

Terrell Owens ‏@terrellowens

Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent @jordanwoy & let's make it happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg