PDA

View Full Version : Good Game Thread

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Post here about your games against other TGT members.

Good game ID, my turnovers killed me in the second half.

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah really fun game to play. Oregon State defeats Cal 21-7. Quizz Rodgers had 2 TDs against ya (screen pass, rush TD).

Kevin Riley's 2 fumbles lost and 2 picks really hurt you. Good game.

Buckeye
07-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Had a good MAC game with CLW. I lost Kent State 24-14 Toledo, but it was fun! Hit me up anytime, man! Oh, and fatigue seems to be working finally! All my players were either Red or Yellow at the end of your 2 min offense :)

CLW
07-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Had a good MAC game with CLW. I lost Kent State 24-14 Toledo, but it was fun! Hit me up anytime, man! Oh, and fatigue seems to be working finally! All my players were either Red or Yellow at the end of your 2 min offense :)

Great Game man! It was a real joy playing a sim baller and not having to worry about the East Room type stuff. We had some lagg issues but it wasn't awful. I uploaded a highlight to EASW of the play of the game but I can't seem to find it on my profile.

EDIT: here is a link to the play of the game when Jarvis I mean HB #6 took a counter all the way to the house.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/22289905

CLW
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow Buckeye and I just had an ESPN instant classic. The game was tight throughout and with 0 timeouts I ran the no huddle down the field and litterally with 1 second left got the last snap off and had a guy wide open for a what should have sent the game into OT after the PAT and he dropped it!

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Houston 28 (Iron Dragon), Purdue 24 (Kingpin)

Another crazy game. On fourth and ten with 3:06 left down 24-21, Keenum connects with Patrick Edwards for a 38 yard gain to keep the game alive, and then Sims scores a go-ahead TD. Purdue drives back down the field and I strip Purdue's QB at the one-yard line (well, inside it) and we got the ball back, fumbled it, picked it up again and held off a final hail mary with no time left.

Keenum threw for 327 yards and 2 TDs. Ralph Bolden (?) for Purdue had 167 yards rushing and 3 TDs

Great game

skipwondah33
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Just played a great game with G. Went down to the wire in our game. He was Oregon State (10) vs WVa (14). After my defense dropped 2 picks near his redzone, on 4th down he has a chance to win it with under 20 seconds left but his guy drops the sure TD pass.

It was a great game, didn't play too bad for it being my first game

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Just played a great game with G. Went down to the wire in our game. He was Oregon State (10) vs WVa (14). After my defense dropped 2 picks near his redzone, on 4th down he has a chance to win it with under 20 seconds left but his guy drops the sure TD pass.

It was a great game, didn't play too bad for it being my first game
Great game indeed. I missed the coverage on that TE that went the distance and after that everything seemed to turn.

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Houston 28 (Iron Dragon), Purdue 24 (Kingpin)

Another crazy game. On fourth and ten with 3:06 left down 24-21, Keenum connects with Patrick Edwards for a 38 yard gain to keep the game alive, and then Sims scores a go-ahead TD. Purdue drives back down the field and I strip Purdue's QB at the one-yard line (well, inside it) and we got the ball back, fumbled it, picked it up again and held off a final hail mary with no time left.

Keenum threw for 327 yards and 2 TDs. Ralph Bolden (?) for Purdue had 167 yards rushing and 3 TDs

Great game

Yeah that was a crazy one. My heart dropped when my QB fumbled. I was dead set on having the game end on that end of the endzone. Either I was gonna win, or you was gonna stop me at the one, but I wasn't expecting a fumble.

CLW
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
LOL its not my night tonight. Back-to-Back games go down to the wire and both games end in me dropping a pass in the endzone to force overtime.

Buckeye
07-13-2010, 07:57 PM
LOL its not my night tonight. Back-to-Back games go down to the wire and both games end in me dropping a pass in the endzone to force overtime.

Haha we all have those days. It could be worse - I just played a game with an old friend, and only managed 150 yards of offense as Northwestern vs ND :|

I OU a Beatn
07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Good game, JB. Very enjoyable game. We need to use low rated teams next time. Texas Tech is the lowest rated team I've used so far, and I really had fun using them. Not quite as much fun as Oregon, but it's close.

I lost my first Game Changer Series game in just about the worst way possible. Completely dominated the game and my opponent caught 2 or 3 breaks throughout the game and eventually scored the go ahead touchdown with like 44 seconds left. I drive down the field, get in field goal range to go for the tie. He freezes me and naturally they have the stupid ice the kicker crap online, and the rest is history. It was long enough, but was way wide right as I couldn't tell how to aim it. :D

JBHuskers
07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Good game, JB. Very enjoyable game. We need to use low rated teams next time. Texas Tech is the lowest rated team I've used so far, and I really had fun using them. Not quite as much fun as Oregon, but it's close.

I lost my first Game Changer Series game in just about the worst way possible. Completely dominated the game and my opponent caught 2 or 3 breaks throughout the game and eventually scored the go ahead touchdown with like 44 seconds left. I drive down the field, get in field goal range to go for the tie. He freezes me and naturally they have the stupid ice the kicker crap online, and the rest is history. It was long enough, but was way wide right as I couldn't tell how to aim it. :D

Yeah dude you got way too many user picks LOL but it was a good game!

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 11:12 PM
GG Oneback

Oregon State (ID) 14, Stanford 7 (Oneback) OT

Quizz's 25 yard TD run opened up OT and then we had a goal line stand on Stanford ending with a swat on fourth down.

Oneback
07-13-2010, 11:17 PM
GG Oneback

Oregon State (ID) 14, Stanford 7 (Oneback) OT

Quizz's 25 yard TD run opened up OT and then we had a goal line stand on Stanford ending with a swat on fourth down.

Great game, what hurt even more was the fumble in the 4th where I was just killing time to kick a FG.

I OU a Beatn
07-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Good game, Escobar. The fumble on the opening drive seemed to have been the difference. My run game was almost completely non existent.

Iron Dragon
07-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Great game, what hurt even more was the fumble in the 4th where I was just killing time to kick a FG.

I have no idea how I'm winning all of these fourth quarter and close games on stripping the ball or getting lucky on fumbles.

Escobar
07-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Good game, Escobar. The fumble on the opening drive seemed to have been the difference. My run game was almost completely non existent.

Yea, most of the games I lose start off with an early fumble like that. That's the first time I've played against an Air Raid offense. You always seemed to find the opening in my D.

skipwondah33
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Hell of a game with Oneback earlier.

I had the lead with a little over 3 minutes left 16-10. After I punt to him, he's looking to drive and throws a ball right to the LB's hands with no one in front of him but he drops it. Next play BOOM, nice pass to his TE who scampers 66-yds into the redzone. He eventually punches it into the endzone to take the lead 17-16. His defense steps up and forces a turnover on downs at midfield.

Great game man

CLW
07-15-2010, 10:32 AM
GG last night Skip. You had that Sundevils defense all over my QB.

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Good game, Kingpin. I thought you were gonna mount a comeback near the end there, but I was luckily able to hold you off.

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Good game, Kingpin. I thought you were gonna mount a comeback near the end there, but I was luckily able to hold you off.

Good game, after I got that stop on defense I was confident, then after getting sacked and still getting the first down, I thought it was gonna be destiny...but that all got shut down when I threw the pick. :(

I OU a Beatn
07-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Haha, yeah. I almost cried whenever my starting RB went down for the rest of the game midway through the 3rd. He was on fire, and if I remember correctly, I don't think I got a single first down after that happened. :D

Kingpin32
07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Haha, yeah. I almost cried whenever my starting RB went down for the rest of the game midway through the 3rd. He was on fire, and if I remember correctly, I don't think I got a single first down after that happened. :D

I didn't even realized he got hurt. :D But he was eating me alive though. I would get you in third down situations, but that dive play just ate the heart out of my defense.

skipwondah33
07-16-2010, 08:11 AM
G and I once again had a great game. He took the lead with 30 seconds to go 17-16. I return the kick to the 24, then in 4 plays move the ball within FG range on the 36 with 4 seconds to go. Wouldn't you know he pulls out the Ice the kicker nonesense haha :D

Well the kick was on aim wise, when I reached the top of the meter for power with the line aligned straight, thought it was locked for the kick then my finger slips off the damn analog and the line moves at the the last possible second, missing the FG by about 2 feet

Hell of a game G

I OU a Beatn
07-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Wouldn't you know he pulls out the Ice the kicker nonesense haha :D

Haha, that's how I lost my only EAGCCS game so far. To put the game in OT, I had a 51 yard field goal. I had more than enough power but I missed it wide right by about 20 yards since that's like the 2nd ever iced kick I've EVER kicked in any NCAA game. :D

skipwondah33
07-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Haha, that's how I lost my only EAGCCS game so far. To put the game in OT, I had a 51 yard field goal. I had more than enough power but I missed it wide right by about 20 yards since that's like the 2nd ever iced kick I've EVER kicked in any NCAA game. :D

haha well I see they have changed the way you use to kick them. In the past all you had to do was hit R2 and it would zoom out so you could line it up better. Lining it up wasn't the problem though, nor the power, the kick control is just very touchy.

I OU a Beatn
07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Good game, fullback. If it weren't for Reed's kickoff returns, I probably would've lost.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Good game, fullback. If it weren't for Reed's kickoff returns, I probably would've lost.

haha I doubt it. Its the same story for me. I take forever nipping/tucking/gouging my way down field and I get scored on in 6 or 7 plays - good game anyway though

I OU a Beatn
07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Your offense had me off balance the entire game. You did a great job moving the sticks and keeping your offense on the field. I think I ran like 15 offensive plays the entire game. :D

Aside from the kickoffs, you completely dominated the game. You're going to hate to hear this, but out of all the games I've played so far this year, I had yet to return a kick or punt for a TD until our game.

ram29jackson
07-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Your offense had me off balance the entire game. You did a great job moving the sticks and keeping your offense on the field. I think I ran like 15 offensive plays the entire game. :D

Aside from the kickoffs, you completely dominated the game. You're going to hate to hear this, but out of all the games I've played so far this year, I had yet to return a kick or punt for a TD until our game.

yep, my special teams are pretty porous:D

I OU a Beatn
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Good game, Escobar. I see I'm not the only one who's discovered that play out of Wildcat. :D Ellington is a beast.

Escobar
07-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Haha yea. Those fumbles or int's killed me. I can't remember right now. But it seems like everytime I play you my team gives up a big turnover that costs me the game. I thought it was interesting we used the same offensive playbook, but had different styles of play.

Kick88
07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Had a great game yesterday with I OU a Beatn, probably the toughest D I've seen. I got lucky and got one or two defensive scores to help out my O.

Just had an awesome defensive struggle with Kingpin. It was 13-10 and he had 4th down just barely out of FG range and I was able to get the stop by inches. You definitely are the best with the dual stick controls on offense I have seen. I'm going to have to get in practice mode becuase I can't even do all the moves you were pulling off. That one where you turned sideways to avoid the hitstick and took it to the house was nasty.

Kingpin32
07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Had a great game yesterday with I OU a Beatn, probably the toughest D I've seen. I got lucky and got one or two defensive scores to help out my O.

Just had an awesome defensive struggle with Kingpin. It was 13-10 and he had 4th down just barely out of FG range and I was able to get the stop by inches. You definitely are the best with the dual stick controls on offense I have seen. I'm going to have to get in practice mode becuase I can't even do all the moves you were pulling off. That one where you turned sideways to avoid the hitstick and took it to the house was nasty.

I had been waiting on my OD to start, so I did some practicing with the dual stick controls. But your offense was good, and I think I played a bit too conservatively at the end. I just didn't want to give you the ball back with a lot of time left.

I OU a Beatn
07-25-2010, 04:09 PM

It was a very good game. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my offense to start working until the 2nd half when I was finally able to figure out what defense you were running. That's the first time I've been that stumped. Was so close to getting into the end zone on the tying score on that last drive, just couldn't quite finish it off.

Sinister
07-26-2010, 08:22 AM
good game yesterday Escobar. I got a good lesson in how to run the read option. it kept me off. i knew you were going to pass but that run was killing me . coming out of the shotgun. two of my touchdowns were questionable how he got away. we will have to play some other time.

ram29jackson
07-31-2010, 02:45 AM
good game game with I OU. Not good from my end haha

just helping pad his stats for game changers haha

but who is this x welfare x youve played ? I guess he is just bad reviewing you to pad his stats...?

I OU a Beatn
07-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Welfare is a person who runs the same play over and over and on average scores 1 offensive touchdown per game and still pulls it out of his ass. I'm 0-4 against him, and he's yet to score more than 2 offensive touchdowns in the same game. Then he whines and gives me feedback for running the same play in the final minute of the game while he runs the same 2 or 3 plays the entire game offensively, and then sits in Dime Cover 2 Man 90% of the game defensively. So yeah, he's obviously a much more sim player than I am. :D

ram29jackson
07-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Welfare is a person who runs the same play over and over and on average scores 1 offensive touchdown per game and still pulls it out of his ass. I'm 0-4 against him, and he's yet to score more than 2 offensive touchdowns in the same game. Then he whines and gives me feedback for running the same play in the final minute of the game while he runs the same 2 or 3 plays the entire game offensively, and then sits in Dime Cover 2 Man 90% of the game defensively. So yeah, he's obviously a much more sim player than I am. :D

:)i'm not as far into the thing as you, but I believe you still owe me feedback, please :)

and that xwelfare guy looks like he is playing friends to pad his stats because he is ranked pretty high with not much negative feedback ....?

I OU a Beatn
07-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I'll give you feedback today. I haven't had a chance, but I'll definitely get you tonight.

I don't know if he's playing friends or what, but the fact that he's got near perfect feedback is a testament to the players in the tournament. Every single last one of them sit in Dime Cover 2 Man, every single one of them run toss plays from big formations, every single one of them look to scramble at times, etc...

The sad thing is in tournament games, I've now lost over 15 fumbles and I've only recovered 2 myself...

Yes, unlucky would be the perfect word to describe me.

ram29jackson
07-31-2010, 05:39 PM
I'll give you feedback today. I haven't had a chance, but I'll definitely get you tonight.

I don't know if he's playing friends or what, but the fact that he's got near perfect feedback is a testament to the players in the tournament. Every single last one of them sit in Dime Cover 2 Man, every single one of them run toss plays from big formations, every single one of them look to scramble at times, etc...

The sad thing is in tournament games, I've now lost over 15 fumbles and I've only recovered 2 myself...

Yes, unlucky would be the perfect word to describe me.

considering what youve said in the past. I may try the 4-2-5 next time we play -if I remember to do it- to see what it does against the run. I doubt i'll be that great at it.i'm not some kid labing for hours with -mad- stick skills-sarcasm-.

as you can see, I just play. Sure i would like to win haha ,but I play too tight. Whatever, its a kids game.

texacotea
08-02-2010, 07:40 PM
GG I OU, surprised to get a couple of those picks.