PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Scrambling QB

thirtydaZe
07-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't know if EA picked up on the fact the NE could can not stop a scramble to save their lives, but it seems to have carried over to the game.

I'm getting eaten up by scramblers. Any solid tips?

gigemaggs99
07-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Not sure how "solid" this is, but I too get beat up w/ the scrambling QB when I play the CPU. I usually play my normal D and then if it's 3rd and long or whenever the CPU has been scrambling I pick a play that has a build in QB Spy, or I hot route a LB to SPY the QB. If that doesn't do the trick I go into the defensive gameplan and go aggressive on stopping the QB scramble.

So far it's seemed to work, the QB will still scramble but he doesn't get HUGE gains like he does when I don't take the above counter-measures.

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 11:14 PM
The "read and react" reaction time seems to be the culprit in not being in place to stop the scramble. The only thing I've seen stop it, as gigem says above, is a QB Spy. I usually call a Cover 1 or a play with an LB blitz and then hot route the hook zone or blitzer to QB Spy.

Bohica1010
08-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Has anyone mentioned to EA that we need to be able to spotlight the QB as well as RBs and WRs? While playing on Heisman I find that teams where the QB would never run, they now run, they run quick in the play and they run often. Even when I make the change in my defensive game plan, I find that they still clip off 4-5 yards a play which means they are moving the chains. I also have found that the CPU makes it so that one of the OL always seeks out my spy and he is rendered useless. Cover 1 with the spy work the best I have found, but I say that without meaning it works a lot, I just mean it seems to work the best.

JeffHCross
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
The spotlight you're referring to, as far as I have been led to believe, is only for pass plays. So, obviously, spotlighting the QB would be useless.

Personally, I've found QB Spy to be very effective at stopping QB scrambling this year. Though I do agree that they've gotten a little too quick at taking off.

Bohica1010
08-10-2012, 08:48 AM
The spotlight you're referring to, as far as I have been led to believe, is only for pass plays. So, obviously, spotlighting the QB would be useless.

Personally, I've found QB Spy to be very effective at stopping QB scrambling this year. Though I do agree that they've gotten a little too quick at taking off.

When you say that it is only for pass plays, do you mean that when you spotlight a RB or FB, like in the triple option, that even though it lets me, the game doesn't recognize it? I have always felt if I picked the wrong person in that situation and they go in different directions, that my defense sticks to the guy I highlighted for a bit and then realizes he doesn't have the ball. Or even in the GL sets, nornally I will spotlight the RB in the I formation so that they focus on him?

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
When you say that it is only for pass plays, do you mean that when you spotlight a RB or FB, like in the triple option, that even though it lets me, the game doesn't recognize it?That's my understanding.

If you highlight an RB, and then a pass goes to the RB, you get some kind of "Strategy" credit for highlighting him (like when you Pass Commit and it's a pass). You get no credit if it's a running play to the HB. So, that's my reasoning at least. Highlighting is treated like a Pass Commit for a certain receiver.

mizzou24
08-11-2012, 07:08 AM
i just control my mlb and if i see the cpu starting to take off i head towards him.. doesn't always stop him, but i can usually keep him from getting more than 5 yards on me.. it helps to have a fast mlb..