PDA

View Full Version : Two Tight Ends?

TitleTownIrish
07-20-2012, 02:41 PM
In NCAA 12, can anyone tell me the best type of offense (Multiple, Spread, etc.) to use if I want to use a two tight end set as much as possible and have them play a big part in my passing game? Thanks.

souljahbill
07-20-2012, 03:27 PM
In NCAA 12, can anyone tell me the best type of offense (Multiple, Spread, etc.) to use if I want to use a two tight end set as much as possible and have them play a big part in my passing game? Thanks.

To through the formations in:

Ace
I-Form
Pistol

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
The Oneback offense is going to best your best bet for running two tight ends. You could run 22 personnel (two tight ends and two running backs), but I don't think that grouping is as effective in the game as it should be. The Ace formations in the Oneback offense (look at Boston College's playbook) give a good run/pass balance without tipping the play with the formation. They also give you a variety of looks.

Shotgun also has a decent amount of 2 TE formations.

EDJ
07-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Also use your formation packages. Occasionally throw a Tight End into the slot or split out. Especially if they're athletic enough to run some routes.

gigemaggs99
07-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Any playbook that has "H Pro" i.e. Strong I H Pro, Weak I H Pro, I form H Pro, etc.. etc.. you will then have a formation audible to sub the 2nd TE in as your FB, he should be a good blocker and a great receiving threat out of the backfield, possibly into the flats.

I would start with Stanford.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 11:11 PM
I still don't understand why the "H" formations don't default as having a TE as the FB. Seems like you should have to package in the FB, not out.

But given the way the FB blocks in this year's game, I still give the nod to the Oneback and Boston College. Personal preference at least.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I still don't understand why the "H" formations don't default as having a TE as the FB. Seems like you should have to package in the FB, not out.

But given the way the FB blocks in this year's game, I still give the nod to the Oneback and Boston College. Personal preference at least.

gigemaggs99
07-20-2012, 11:35 PM
This might help you out if you're interested in searching the PBs for NCAA 12.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5312-NCAA-Playbook-Search

TitleTownIrish
07-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the replies and help. Much appreciated.

JeffHCross
07-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Just to reinforce my answer above, I played with BC's playbook tonight and I'd guess that 80% of my playcalls were two TEs with one HB. Love it!

morsdraconis
07-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Just to reinforce my answer above, I played with BC's playbook tonight and I'd guess that 80% of my playcalls were two TEs with one HB. Love it!

Awesome!

It's SO MUCH FUN to run an offense like that, especially when you have two TEs that are even semi-talented.