PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Defensive Playbooks

Ctirado
07-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Does anyone have a breakdown of the 4-2-5, 3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, 4-4

gigemaggs99
07-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Can you explain breakdown? Are you asking for an explanation of the players in their positions? I'm confused as to what you're looking for.

I know nykia31 has done some really indepth stuff w/ the 3-3-5.

xGRIDIRONxGURUx has done some nice 3-4 stuff.

There are some others that have messed with explaining the 4-3, 4-2-5, I haven't seen the 4-4 talked about all that much. Some have broken down the 46.

souljahbill
07-20-2012, 06:16 AM
They really need to add more defensive plays. Last night while playing, I looked at the blitzes and there were way more 6 man blitzes then 5 man blitzes and there are more blitzes out of zone then out of man.

gigemaggs99
07-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I was talking to my buddy last night about the exact same thing. I use the 4-3 playbook and I have a hard time finding Man coverage. The majority of the man coverage plays in the 4-3 formations all have 1 if not multiple blitzers. I guess I can try and click to those players and take them out of the blitz but it would be nice if they had more NON-blitzing Man coverages.

AustinWolv
07-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Not nearly enough stunts either.

I never owned the game, but only briefly played it in a store, but I think it was one of the older 2K games where on defense you picked your front set, what your DL did, then what the LBs were doing, and then what coverage the DBs were employing behind them. I honestly don't recall what kind of selection meshing was done to ensure the bubbles/gaps responsibilities type of stuff was covered between the DL and LB, as well as how coverage was aligned between LB and DBs, but the flexibility aspect was pretty intriguing versus the "here is a 4-3 defense and you get this one blitz". Creating your own defensive calls via hot-routing isn't feasible given that the CPU snaps the ball fairly quickly.

gigemaggs99
07-20-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree, unless you can push those buttons fast enough while under water blind folded, I just don't have enough time to change all those players and still get by to my user controlled FS prior to the CPU snapping the ball.

AustinWolv
07-20-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree, unless you can push those buttons fast enough while under water blind folded, I just don't have enough time to change all those players and still get by to my user controlled FS prior to the CPU snapping the ball.
:+1:

Given how often the CPU QBs will scramble when your coverage has stuff blanketed, I've had to use spy defenses quite a bit......although there aren't many in the game, so I often will hot-route a MLB (on non-blitz) or DL (away from the blitz) to spy and quite often can't get back to the FS enough. Boooo.

The defensive mechanism and then logic could really use a hard look in this game series.

gigemaggs99
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I had this problem when I took on LA Tech with A&M. I was playing good coverage D and the La Tech QB would run all over me. I tried to user big hit him but each time he would slide. Just Once I wanted to knock his helmet off!

I started putting a LB in spy too, once I did this it atleast kept him from running for the 1st down.