PDA

View Full Version : What '120 Ways to Win' Means in NCAA Football 11

gschwendt
05-11-2010, 02:29 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?135-New-Video-Shows-More-of-the-120-Ways-to-Win

gschwendt
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
If you watch closely, you can see the Navy, Washington, and Boise State mascots in the video.

cdj
05-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Nice to see it referring more than just offensive playbooks & styles. That's great - don't get me wrong - but every team has something unique that makes them memorable to fans around the country, including things like the mascot, entrance, tradition, etc. The small things add up and help to create a unique atmosphere around each school.

texacotea
05-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Team entrances look good, really like that they were able to incorporate smoke and the whole aspect of the teams entrance. Also noticed the fans looked different from last years. Not much for me but is something that jumped out to me.

JBHuskers
05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah you gotta love that this game is looking more and more like a true college game day.

Kwizzy
05-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Atmosphere is something that wasn't even at the top of my own wish list, but these videos have me thinking about how valuable it really could be! Can't wait to see some Husker clips! :cool:

cdj
05-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Team entrances look good, really like that they were able to incorporate smoke and the whole aspect of the teams entrance.

The smoke looks really good. At the Community Event, they were still working on these. Back then, Texas's didn't have the smoke or US flags added in, but they look great in the video.

Rudy
05-12-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm really happy with the team entrances. I want to know more about pre-game, halftime and post game shows this year. Hopefully they will have some cool stuff. I'm not anticipating a weekly wrap up show like 2K5 had but that would be really cool.

texacotea
05-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm really happy with the team entrances. I want to know more about pre-game, halftime and post game shows this year. Hopefully they will have some cool stuff. I'm not anticipating a weekly wrap up show like 2K5 had but that would be really cool.

yes def. would be nice especially with some highlights from the game. Also would like to see them highlight a key player before the game starts. With season stats and such.

With each team being specfic its going to be nice seeing so many different offenses especially in the online dynastys. Maybe we will have 12 different offenses something different from each user. I know that its going to be hard to stay away from the air raid offense.

JeffHCross
05-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Every time I see that Michigan banner, I just want to rip it down.

That must mean it looks really, really good, if it can solicit an emotional response from me! :)

Rudy
05-13-2010, 04:49 AM

That must mean it looks really, really good, if it can solicit an emotional response from me! :)

Booo!! Hey, I might even root for OSU this year if it would get Rich Rod fired. I'm really tired of him. The 3-3-5 defense won't work in the Big 10 and his version of the spread is a dinosaur. You aren't going to win big in the Big 10 by running the QB option all day long and throwing bubble screens. If Jim Harbaugh has another good year at Stanford just bring him back to UM.

Solidice
05-13-2010, 02:08 PM
If you watch closely, you can see the Navy, Washington, and Boise State mascots in the video.

I believe Washington's mascot(Harry) was in NCAA 10, but Navy and Boise State's are new. I believe that brings the total number of mascots to 58.

I really liked that video. the entrances and fans should add a lot to the atmosphere, which has been lacking in the series lately.

I wonder if they will have Texas Tech updated with their new defense(switching to 3-4), and fast no-huddle Air Raid offense that they are supposed to be running this year.

BlindRedBaron
05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
The smoke looks really good. At the Community Event, they were still working on these. Back then, Texas's didn't have the smoke or US flags added in, but they look great in the video.

CDJ, I'm assuming the players touching the Horns were in Texas' entrance, would you be able to comment on how all that looked?

Everything they've added to the atmosphere looks real slick so far. I can't wait for the demo!

cdj
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
CDJ, I'm assuming the players touching the Horns were in Texas' entrance, would you be able to comment on how all that looked?

Everything they've added to the atmosphere looks real slick so far. I can't wait for the demo!

I remember seeing them exit the tunnel, but don't remember if I saw the horns or not. The build we played was still working on tuning the entrance cameras, so I didn't get to see everything in each entrance. EA is usually pretty good about having videos showcasing team specific additions to the game each year, so maybe they'll show some of them in action leading up to release.

That brings up a good question though - how many entrances do people want to see pre-release? Will people watch vids of all of them or wait and see them in action come July 13. To be honest, I probably won't watch any full entrance videos if EA, IGN, etc. put them out so I can have something to look forward to on 7/13.

JeffHCross
05-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, it looks so cool to see different numbers of Buckeyes on OSU's helmets. Can't waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!

BlindRedBaron
05-13-2010, 11:37 PM
I'd probably watch my team's entrance. Having not seen or heard anything about Texas players touching the horns makes me anxious, so I'd want to make sure it's in (not that I wouldn't like/buy the game if they weren't, I'd just want to know if I would be slightly let down when I started the game up). It's probably something of getting Texas' approval to include it, but who knows?

I wouldn't watch other team's though. All of those will be a nice surprise!

JeffHCross
05-13-2010, 11:50 PM
The funny thing is, based on what the devs have written about Ohio State's entrance and what was shown in the '120 Ways' video, I'm 99% sure that the Ohio State entrance is horribly, completely wrong.

But I don't care. Because it'll still look awesome.

steelerfan
05-14-2010, 12:05 AM
If they're available, I'm sure I won't be able to resist. I'm weak.

Solidice
05-14-2010, 12:10 PM
so far, these are the styles and teams that use them that have been shown in videos.

Air Raid - ECU, Texas Tech
Spread Offense - Clemson, Missouri(no-huddle), Notre Dame(no-Huddle), TCU
Multiple Offense - Florida State, Ohio State
One Back - Alabama, Boston College
Option - Georgia Tech, Navy
Run & Shoot - SMU
West Coast - Illinois, Maryland
Pistol - Nevada, Ohio
Pro-Style - USC

JeffHCross
05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm really curious if they're tying the Styles in with the playbooks with hard code. This would make sense for the CPU, but I'd really like to be able to set my team to be "Pro-Style" without being forced to use USC/Washington's playbook, if I could avoid doing so. I'm sure there will be other playbooks with that style.

Note that I'm speaking toward setting my team to that style for the sake of Sim Strategy. Obviously I'll be controlling the style in games.

Though I wonder if there will be any difference in the controls available for teams with the designated "No-Huddle" style, or if it will be available to everyone regardless of style. Hope for the latter.

Coachdenz
05-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I would like to know how many formations are tied to a playbook now? What is it now 18 21?

Jayrah
05-16-2010, 04:44 AM
I'm really curious if they're tying the Styles in with the playbooks with hard code. This would make sense for the CPU, but I'd really like to be able to set my team to be "Pro-Style" without being forced to use USC/Washington's playbook, if I could avoid doing so. I'm sure there will be other playbooks with that style.

Note that I'm speaking toward setting my team to that style for the sake of Sim Strategy. Obviously I'll be controlling the style in games.

Though I wonder if there will be any difference in the controls available for teams with the designated "No-Huddle" style, or if it will be available to everyone regardless of style. Hope for the latter.

Curious on this myself. And especially the no-huddle. The first blogs about this mentioned that different teams go no huddle at different times, so it would seem like you'd need to be able to turn it on/off for that option, in which case it could be added to any playbook. Besides that you gotta think that it would be there just on the determination of late game situation.

cdj
05-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Curious on this myself. And especially the no-huddle. The first blogs about this mentioned that different teams go no huddle at different times, so it would seem like you'd need to be able to turn it on/off for that option, in which case it could be added to any playbook. Besides that you gotta think that it would be there just on the determination of late game situation.

Not sure what I can & can't say since EA hasn't put out a detailed blog on the offenses, playbooks, no-huddle, etc. but I will say that any team you play with can be set to no-huddle and/or up-tempo. I'll elaborate more when they put out some detailed blogs if they don't answer your question(s).

JeffHCross
05-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Good enough for now, thanks.

Jayrah
05-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh I like that!

AustinWolv
05-16-2010, 06:49 PM

You are not original, been done before! :p

Kwizzy
05-16-2010, 06:50 PM
My guess is it will be tied into the "Gameplanning" feature but that's a complete guess.

AustinWolv
05-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Any comment on how Gameplanning was retooled, if at all? It basically played like a power-up gimmick last year and ruined online play for me compared to '09. It was lame that you could change it every play if you wanted and instead of been implemented such that the options could only be adjusted before a game and then minor changes at halftime.

JeffHCross
05-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Like every "Year 2" feature on NCAA, I'm sure it'll be tuned. Hopefully a lot ... there were many settings that I could set to either Conservative or Aggressive with all reward and no downside.

BlindRedBaron
05-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Haha, you better watch out for those "4 Face-mask Penalties in a Row" though... Ahhh, just like Saturdays. :)

Agreed in that I'm sure it'll be tuned a bit.

joshuahuskers
05-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah, the whole stripping the ball leads to a facemask is absurd. It should increase the chance of a broken tackle, not a facemask, unless the ball carrier is somehow holding the ball with his head.