PDA

View Full Version : The Ohio Tech Polar Bears begin inaugural season in the FBS

lildude39
07-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Since I'm not the most creative when it comes to this stuff, I've decided to be a thief and steal some ideas. I'll give credit when I do. If I miss crediting someone, just let me know.

This is the first time I've ever created a team since it's become web based. I will be actually playing the games since I've already started another pure coaching dynasty. I will be taking care of the recruiting aspects and such along with playing. I will also be keeping records, as this will begin my teams existence in to FBS football.

Hope you enjoy, and I always welcome feedback. And also I hope to figure out how to upload gameshots and videos. It's late right now and I don't feel like doing the research.

Team Information

I will be starting off with a cupcake roster. My team is the Ohio Tech Polar Bears, based out of Ada, OH. It's a small school in the middle of nowhere, in the shadow of Ohio State and many of the other Ohio schools. They will be switching with Ball State, and begin as an FBS Independent.

Team Name: Ohio Tech University Polar Bears
Size: Small
Rivals:
Recruiting Restrictions (From Kingpin32): First 2 years, can only recruit :2star: and below. 3rd and 4th year can recruit :3star: recruits only in pipeline states. 5th and 6th year can recruit :3star: nationally and :4star: in pipeline states. And so on...
Pipeline States: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia
Difficulty: Heisman
Recruiting Difficulty: All-American
Sliders: Dr. Death's

I really enjoyed the way Smooth Pancakes set up his scheduling rules, so I will base mine off of his. Since I'm not looking at jumping schools, I will not post his coaching contract rules.

Scheduling Rules

Must fill out schedule like in real life with "contracts".

When coordinator or head coach of a non-BCS/mid-major team
If scheduling a BCS/major team, must agree to either a 2 for 1 contract or a one and done contract.
If scheduling a non-BCS/mid-major team, contracts will automatically be home and home.
Games can be spread out, but must be played within 5 years of each other.

When coordinator or head coach of a BCS/major team
If scheduling a BCS/major team, contracts will automatically be home and home.
If scheduling a non-BCS/mid-major team, contracts are allowed to be one and done, home and home, or 2 for 1.
Games can be spread out, but must be played within 5 years of each other.

lildude39
07-13-2012, 10:31 PM
This will be a page that is updated as the years progress. It will also have school records and award information.

Ohio Tech University Information:

Coach Stability

B

Academic Prestige

C

Campus Lifestyle

C-

Athletic Facilities

C-

Pro Potential

D+

Television Exposure

D+

Conference Prestige

D

Program Tradition

D

Coach Prestige

D-

Championship Contender

D-

Stadium Atmosphere

D-

Ohio Tech Stadium:
Bowl Generic
Maximum Capacity: 50,000
Multi Turf

Records

Overall

Category

Wins

Losses

Overall

Home

Away

Conference

Rivalry

Top 25

Top 10

Bowl

Rivaly History

No information at this time

Games

Margin

Opponent

Biggest Win

Indiana

Biggest Loss

Michigan

School History

Player

Record

Passing Touchdowns (Career)

Passing Touchdowns (Game)

M. Torres

Passing Touchdowns (Season)

Passing Yards (Career)

Passing Yards (Game)

M. Torres

Passing Yards (Season)

Player

Record

Rushing Touchdowns (Career)

Rushing Touchdowns (Game)

G. Brink

Rushing Touchdowns (Season)

Rushing Yards (Career)

Rushing Yards (Game)

A. Gooden

Rushing Yards (Season)

Player

Record

Receiving Touchdowns (Career)

Receiving Touchdowns (Game)

T. McIntosh

Receiving Touchdowns (Season)

Receiving Yards (Career)

Receiving Yards (Game)

T. McIntosh

Receiving Yards (Season)

Defensive

Player

Record

Interceptions (Career)

Interceptions (Game)

T. Hadley

Interceptions (Season)

Sacks (Career)

Sacks (Game)

R. Macklin

Sacks (Season)

Tackles (Career)

Tackles (Game)

K. Brooks

Tackles (Season)

Awards

Player

Coaching

Trophy Case

lildude39
07-13-2012, 11:01 PM
When I had to restart my season due to a freeze and unloaded rosters, I was unable to keep my current schedule. So here is the updated schedule.

Schedule

Week

Date

Opponent

Opp (W-L)

Result/Time

TV

8/25

:Indiana:

(2-1)

12:30 pm
W 17-27

Game of The Week

9/1

:Army:

(1-2)

6:00 pm
W 14-17

9/8

@:Bowling_Green:

(1-2)

8:00 pm
L 17-27

Regional

9/15

@#21:Michigan:

(1-2)

3:30 pm
L 0-31

National

9/18

#25:Arkansas_State:

(2-1)

1:00 pm

Regional

9/29

:Idaho:

(1-1)

10/6

:Minnesota:

(2-0)

12:30 pm

10/14

:UMass:

(0-3)

6:00 pm

BYE

10/27

:BYU:

(3-0)

11/3

@:Rutgers:

(3-0)

1:00 pm

11/10

@:BC:

(2-1)

11/17

@:Kentucky:

(2-1)

BYE

BYE

Kingpin32
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Looking forward to this!

dukebloo22
07-14-2012, 06:06 PM
@ :Michigan:
@ :Boise_State:

2 HARD games for ya right there. Your controller will be vibrating the whole game. Good luck.

:rock:

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2012, 09:36 PM
This looks good man, I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

I'm loving the decision for where it's located. I live 50-some miles away from Ada, Ohio, just a little over an hour away, and they have had a very good high school football team over the past decade. My old high school and Ada met up a couple years in a row around '06 or '07, a few years after I graduated, had some huge battles between each other, usually meeting up in the third round of the playoffs with a state semifinal berth on the line. So you basing these guys up here in NW Ohio in Ada, I'm definitely going to be following this dynasty.

And glad you liked my scheduling rules. :up: If you see anything else from my dynasty reports you like, feel free to use them for this dynasty, it's cool with me. Good luck man!

lildude39
07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
This looks good man, I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

I'm loving the decision for where it's located. I live 50-some miles away from Ada, Ohio, just a little over an hour away, and they have had a very good high school football team over the past decade.

Thanks Smooth. I actually started out going to college there at Ohio Northern. I was at the game they dedicated Dial-Roberson Stadium, with Jim Tressel there helping out. I believe that was the same year they ended Mount Union's regular season winning streak. I wanted to create a Polar Bears team, but just didn't want it to be an Ohio "directional" school. They needed to be a "Tech" school, haha.

@ :Michigan:
@ :Boise_State:

2 HARD games for ya right there. Your controller will be vibrating the whole game. Good luck.

:rock:

Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of games will be like that. I started out playing against Idaho and was struggling the other night. My Xbox froze right after half time, so I didn't finish it, and I was already down 21-0. My rosters didn't load anyway, so that gives me an excuse to restart the whole dynasty.

I am going to reload the whole dynasty with the rosters. I also need to edit my team and switch up the playbook. I was going with a run and shoot offense, but I wasn't feeling that. I'm 'spread' type guy, but I don't feel like playing that way this time. I believe I am going to switch it up to a more run oriented style, pro maybe.

I will not get a chance to play for a little while, so I think I'm going to work on some tables for records in the mean time.

Thanks for the comments!

SmoothPancakes
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks Smooth. I actually started out going to college there at Ohio Northern. I was at the game they dedicated Dial-Roberson Stadium, with Jim Tressel there helping out. I believe that was the same year they ended Mount Union's regular season winning streak. I wanted to create a Polar Bears team, but just didn't want it to be an Ohio "directional" school. They needed to be a "Tech" school, haha.

Oh yeah. :D I keep forgetting that Ohio Northern is right there. :D :fp: I remember that game against Mount Union, that was insane. I went to a D3 school, so I've always followed and had an interest in D3 football and especially the playoffs. That, and you can't live in Ohio and not know about the football dynasty they've had there.

lildude39
07-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh yeah. :D I keep forgetting that Ohio Northern is right there. :D :fp: I remember that game against Mount Union, that was insane. I went to a D3 school, so I've always followed and had an interest in D3 football and especially the playoffs. That, and you can't live in Ohio and not know about the football dynasty they've had there.

Haha, yeah, Mount Union is known nationwide. If you have access to ESPN, you've probably seen their name a few times.

My first year at ONU they still played at, I believe Hardin Northern's field, Memorial Field. Not a college field atmosphere at all, haha. The next year they played at D-R Stadium, and we always sat on the hill right by the North end zone. Of course being D-3, it was pretty much a glorified high school field, but it was still pretty neat. I gave Ohio Tech a bigger stadium. They had to in order to be D-1, haha. :D

lildude39
07-16-2012, 09:17 PM
This was a game of many firsts for the Ohio Tech Polar Bears. First game as an FBS school. First game at Ohio Tech Stadium. And first game on National television, as ESPN GameDay was on site.

But more importantly... IT WAS THE FIRST FBS WIN FOR THE OHIO TECH POLAR BEARS!!

After the first quarter, it appeared as though the Indiana Hoosiers would walk in to Ohio Tech Stadium and walk all over the Polar Bears. Going up by a field goal a minute and a half in to the game, Ohio Tech drove down the field, but couldn't put any points on the board after going for a 4th down pass that fell incomplete. Indiana then put 7 points on the board after Roberson connected with Chester for a 64 yard pass to end the quarter.

The second quarter began with a drive down the field that stalled at the 7 yard line, and O. Robertson put the ball through the uprights to give the Polar Bears their first 3 points as an FBS squad. Oh Tech's defense woke up and forced the Hoosiers to a 3 and out. After a short pass for negative yards from Torres to Thornburg, Robertson connected with McIntosh for a 58 yard bomb past the secondary that tied up the game. A few possessions back and forth, and this game was headed in to the half knotted up at 10.

The second half began the way the first half ended, with the teams trading possessions. It stayed this way until at the 1:10 mark, Robertson nailed a 33 yard field goal to give OH Tech their first ever lead!

Indiana regained the lead with a 5 yard rushing TD by Roberson, which hushed the crowd coming off the heals of a Roughing The Passer penalty that gave IU a fresh set of downs at the 16 yard line, but OH Tech answered back with a TD pass to C. Royal. After a few more back and forths, Chambers brought the stadium back to life with an NCAA record setting 83 yard punt return for a touchdown!! OH Tech never looked back, regaining the lead 20-17. IU began driving down the field, until G. Davenport slammed the IU running back with a monstrous hit that forced a fumble, recovered by Davenport. OH Tech wasted a couple some time off the clock, then punted the ball away. IU had once more chance to drive the field and get back in the game, until T. Hadley intecepted a WR screen pass to ice the game!

Not only did the Ohio Tech Polar Bears beat a Big Ten school, but they did it in front of a National audience!!

Box Score

F

IU

OH Tech

Game Stats

IU
OHTECH

Score

First Downs

Total Offense

Rushes-Yards-TD
36-149-1
37-63-0

Comp-Att-TD
10-18-1
13-20-2

Passing Yards

3rd Down Conv
2-9
8-15

4th Down Conv
0-0
0-1

2-Point Conv
0-0
0-0

Red Zone-TD-FG
2-1-1
4-1-2

Turnovers

Fumbles Lost

Intercepted

PR Yards

KR Yards

Total Yards

Punts-Average
5-36.8
4-41.5

Penalties-Yards
1-5
1-13

T.O.P
13:10
18:59

Players of the Game

IU: J. Chester : 2 Rec, 74 Yds, TD

OH Tech: M. Torres : 13-30, 299 Yds, 2 TD

lildude39
07-16-2012, 09:21 PM
This was a game of many firsts for the Ohio Tech Polar Bears. First game as an FBS school. First game at Ohio Tech Stadium. And first game on National television, as ESPN GameDay was on site.

But more importantly... IT WAS THE FIRST FBS WIN FOR THE OHIO TECH POLAR BEARS!!

After the first quarter, it appeared as though the Indiana Hoosiers would walk in to Ohio Tech Stadium and walk all over the Polar Bears. Going up by a field goal a minute and a half in to the game, Ohio Tech drove down the field, but couldn't put any points on the board after going for a 4th down pass that fell incomplete. Indiana then put 7 points on the board after Roberson connected with Chester for a 64 yard pass to end the quarter.

The second quarter began with a drive down the field that stalled at the 7 yard line, and Obadiah Robertson put the ball through the uprights to give the Polar Bears their first 3 points as an FBS squad. Oh Tech's defense woke up and forced the Hoosiers to a 3 and out. After a short pass for negative yards from Mason Torres to Dave Thornburg, Robertson connected with Tavarius McIntosh for a 58 yard bomb past the secondary that tied up the game. A few possessions back and forth, and this game was headed in to the half knotted up at 10.

The second half began the way the first half ended, with the teams trading possessions. It stayed this way until at the 1:10 mark, Robertson nailed a 33 yard field goal to give OH Tech their first ever lead!

Indiana regained the lead with a 5 yard rushing TD by Roberson, which hushed the crowd coming off the heals of a Roughing The Passer penalty that gave IU a fresh set of downs at the 16 yard line, but OH Tech answered back with a TD pass to Colin Royal. After a few more back and forths, Lamarr Chambers brought the stadium back to life with an NCAA record setting 83 yard punt return for a touchdown!! OH Tech never looked back, regaining the lead 20-17. IU began driving down the field, until Gabe Davenport slammed the IU running back with a monstrous hit that forced a fumble, recovered by Davenport. OH Tech wasted some time off the clock, then punted the ball away. IU had once more chance to drive the field and get back in the game, until Trey Hadley intecepted a WR screen pass to ice the game!

Not only did the Ohio Tech Polar Bears beat a Big Ten school, but they did it in front of a National audience!!

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh527/C1Man1/TorrestoMcIntosh11Yds.jpg
Torres to McIntosh for 11 yards to sustain a drive

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh527/C1Man1/HadleyInterception.jpg

Hadley's INT to seal the victory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrxx8S8_k2A
Torres to Royal for the Polar Bears first touchdown!!

http://youtu.be/pCtL_8owBxA
Chambers with a HUGE punt return for touchdown!

Box Score

F

IU

OH Tech

Game Stats

IU

OHTECH

Score

First Downs

Total Offense

Rushes-Yards-TD

36-149-1

37-63-0

Comp-Att-TD

10-18-1

13-20-2

Passing Yards

3rd Down Conv

2-9

8-15

4th Down Conv

0-0

0-1

2-Point Conv

0-0

0-0

Red Zone-TD-FG

2-1-1

4-1-2

Turnovers

Fumbles Lost

Intercepted

PR Yards

KR Yards

Total Yards

Punts-Average

5-36.8

4-41.5

Penalties-Yards

1-5

1-13

T.O.P

13:10

18:59

Players of the Game

IU: J. Chester : 2 Rec, 74 Yds, TD

OH Tech: M. Torres : 13-30, 299 Yds, 2 TD

(Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures and videos. Any help is appreciated)

Kingpin32
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Great first win! Those close games are always the best ones to play.

lildude39
07-17-2012, 07:23 AM
Great first win! Those close games are always the best ones to play.

Thanks kingpin! When IU scored 10 off the bat, I was thinking it was going to be a long game. Then when we took the lead, the game couldn't be over fast enough haha. Once we got the pick, I was ecstatic. I could not stop their run. My run defense is pretty lacking, but my pass d was amazing.

I don't know how I keep double posting, so sorry all about that.

I think I may have figured out the pics and video. Will try to fix my other post tonight.

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't know how I keep double posting, so sorry all about that. When you post, do you get taken to the "Advanced" screen and see a message that says "You must wait 13 seconds before posting again" (with differing "seconds" values)? If so, that's a false message -- your post went through, but something isn't setting right and it thinks you're trying to double submit. So scroll down below the Post text box, and you'll see that your post shows in the "Topic Review" down below. So you don't need to post again.

lildude39
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I'll keep an eye on it, Jeff. I don't remember seeing it, but I could have. Thanks.

lildude39
07-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Ohio Tech makes it two in a row!

This was a grind it out football game that took place under the lights for the first time in Ada, OH. Not much offense was produced by either team, but the important thing is the Polar Bears took the victory at the end.

The first quarter started out rough. On the first play from scrimmage, Army's QB Steelman kept the ball on an option and jaunted 74 yards for a touchdown. It looked like it was going to be a long day for the Bears, especially after the starting RB Gooden was put out for 2 quarters with hip bursitis. He would later have to sit a few plays out with a sprained ankle in the 4th quarter. Army would go up by 14 halfway through the 1st quarter with another rushing TD by Steelman, but that's the last time they saw the endzone for the day. On the ensuing drive, Mason Torres took the ball 5 yards on a play action pass for the Bears first score of the day!

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh527/C1Man1/Torres5YDTD.jpg
Mason Torres 5 Yd Rush For TD

The 2nd quartern started off slow with a couple back and forths. Backup RB Gerren Brink took a 2 yard rushing TD up the middle and Obadiah Robertson added the extra point to tie the game up at 14.

It was a defensive stalemate through the 3rd quarter and halfway through the 4th. After a strained tricep that knocked QB Torres out of the game, backup QB A. Kirk drove the Bears down the field far enough for Obadiah Robertson to kick a 44 yarder to give the Bears their first lead of the day. The defense held steady the rest of the game, and Kirk was able to line the Bears up in the victory formation to close out the day, and take the Polar Bears to 2-0!

Game Summary

Box Score

F

Army

OH Tech

Game Stats

Army
OH Tech

Score

First Downs

Total Offense

Rushes-YDS-TD
41-248-2
42-100-2

Comp-Att-TD
9-18-0
10-19-0

Passing Yards

3rd Down Conv
4-15
5-14

4th Down Conv
1-4
0-0

2 Pt Conv
0-0
0-0

Red Zone-TD-FG
1-1-0
4-2-1

Turnovers

Fumbles Lost

Intercepted

PR Yards

KR Yards

Total Yards

Punts-AVG
7-35.9
8-42.3

Penalties-Yards
4-25
0-0

T.O.P.
14:00
18:00

Players of the Game

Army: T. Steelman 9-18, 78 Yds, 15 Car, 99 Yds, 2 TD

OH Tech: G. Brink 15 Car, 53 Yds, TD

lildude39
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Ohio Tech suffers their first set back

The Ohio Tech Polar Bears led for most of the second half, but couldn't hold on to the lead in the end.

Three minutes in to the game, Bowling Green took the lead with a 19 yard field goal by M. Manning. Ohio Tech couldn't mount any offense the rest of the quarter, with Sophomore RB Alex Gooden being hit with the injury bug once again for the remainder of the 1st quarter. Ohio Tech's defense held strong despite a good passing attack from BG.

Oh Tech drove down the field to begin the 2nd quarter, but Gooden's knees were taken out from under him down inside the 10, and he coughed up the ball. After a good stand from the D, Oh Tech went back down the field and took the lead going in to the half on a 3 yard TD rush from Gerren Brink. An Obadiah Robertson extra point gave the Bears a 7-3 lead at the break.

After some questionable play calling from BG's offensive coordinator trying to convert a 4th down, Jonathan Shuler came up with a big sack that swung the momentum to the Bears side. Robertson nailed a 34 yard field goal to extend the lead by a touchdown. A stalled drive by BG, and the Bears scored once again before the end of the quarter on a 44 yard TD pass from QB Mason Torres to a wide open Adrian Scales, who outran the secondary to widen the margin to 17-10.

The Bears looked like they were on cruise control, just trying to wear out the clock in the 4th quarter. After 43 yard field goal attempt that came up short from Robertson, a spark was beginning to ignite for the home crowd. RB C. Powell from BG sauntered up the middle untouched from 13 yards out to tie the game up. A stalled drive led to a 43 yard bomb from QB J. Lewis to a shifty J. Allen, and the Falcons were in the driver's seat, up 24-10. Torres looked up to the challenge to lead his team down to tie the score up, but was picked off by C. Royal. Running out of time outs, BG drove the field and extended their lead by 10 on a 39 yard field goal. After a 47 yard return from Gooden, Torres hit Scales for a 48 yard bomb, but Scales was chased down and ended at the 1 yard line. With 15 seconds left, the Bears were unable to score, and left Bowling Green with a loss of 27-17.

Game Stats

Box Score

F

OH Tech

Bowling Green

Game Summary

OH Tech
BG

Score

First Downs

Total Offense

Rushes-Yards-TD
37-115-1
24-121-2

Comp-Att-TD
10-26-1
22-32-1

Passing Yards

3rd Down Conv
6-13
1-11

4th Down Conv
0-0
0-2

2-Pt Conv
0-0
0-0

Red Zone-TD-FG
4-1-1
4-2-1

Turnovers

Fumbles Lost

Intercepted

PR Yards

KR Yards

Total Yards

Punts-AVG
5-45.2
6-38.3

Penalties-Yards
3-40
5-40

T.O.P.
20:26
13:57

Players of the Game
OH Tech: A. Scales, 2 Rec, 92 Yds, TD
BG: C. Powell, 8 Car, 74 Yds, 2 TD

Wow, upon seeing the stats, I'm stunned. They only converted 1 3rd down, no PR yards, I had a little more than 6 minutes T.O.P. on them. Just costly turnovers at bad times, and a couple big plays on their part. Ugh, :fp:

lildude39
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Well, with 7 minutes left to go in the game against Michigan, my Xbox decided it didn't want to play any more, and froze up on me. So, I just decided to sim the game. It wasn't looking too promising for me anyway, as I was down 33-14 and not doing anything offensively. So, sorry to the die hards following this dynasty (haha) but I've decided to just sim this one.

Wow, looks like I should have just went ahead and played it, lol. Lost 31-0. Oh well, enjoy the stats!!

Game Summary

F

OH Tech

Michigan

OH Tech
MICH

Score

First Downs

Total Offense

Rushes- Yds - TD
42-165-0
36-150-2

Comp-Att-TD
5-17-0
17-31-2

Passing Yards

3rd Down Conv
3-14
4-10

4th Down Conv
1-1
1-1

2-Pt Conv
0-0
0-0

Red Zone-TD-FG

Turnovers

Fumbles Lost

Intercepted

PR Yards

KR Yards

Total Yards

Punts-Avg
10-37.7
4-41.8

Penalties-Yds
10-76
7-50

T.O.P.
29:29
30:31

Players of the Game

R. Macklin: 6 Tkls, 6 TFL, 3 ATK

D. Robinson: 17-31, 281 Yds, 17 Car

lildude39
07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Well it appears that my Ohio tech story has come to an end for now. I believe my file is corrupt. It wont even let me begin a game, as it freezes at the loading screen. I tried continuing my tx state dynasty, and so far its playing alright. Ugh well see. Sorry all.