PDA

View Full Version : Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-10-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Bugs & Glitches

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to any bugs & glitches that may exist in NCAA Football 13. Please list how to reproduce said issue.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Not sure what's going on here, but when I glance at the Highlights screen, it appears that some of my drives are being split. By that I mean that the first play in a given drive is being treated as if it is its own drive, and then all subsequent plays are in a second, separate drive. I first noticed this because Brad informed me that a 3 play TD drive I had just completed was actually only a 2 play drive, which I knew wasn't true. Not sure what, if anything, this would really effect, but it looks weird to say the least.

Jayrah
07-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Not sure what's going on here, but when I glance at the Highlights screen, it appears that some of my drives are being split. By that I mean that the first play in a given drive is being treated as if it is its own drive, and then all subsequent plays are in a second, separate drive. I first noticed this because Brad informed me that a 3 play TD drive I had just completed was actually only a 2 play drive, which I knew wasn't true. Not sure what, if anything, this would really effect, but it looks weird to say the least.
I noticed this too. I took a drive from inside my 30 yard line to the endzone and it said I ran a 6 play, 39 yard drive or something like that. I was clearly confused.

Jayrah
07-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Moved to proper thread

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Just saw a band cutscene post-touchdown, but the 2D crowd was still in the same location ... so you had 3D band members clashing with 2D crowd members. It was at Army, if it's unique to that stadium.

souljahbill
07-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Just saw a band cutscene post-touchdown, but the 2D crowd was still in the same location ... so you had 3D band members clashing with 2D crowd members. It was at Army, if it's unique to that stadium.

Glad someone else FINALLY saw it too. It's a Southern Miss as well. I mentioned it before but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

souljahbill
07-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Glad someone else FINALLY saw it too. It's a Southern Miss as well. I mentioned it before but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

Just saw it at Utah.

souljahbill
07-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Just saw 2D fans intermingled with 3D fans at Virginia Tech.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 12:48 PM
So, suffice to say, I think it's going to be practically everywhere ...

Lohusker
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I've noticed several issues with custom sounds and am curious if others have experienced the same? These are all in Play Now on PS3:

- Custom sounds volume is very low (using same songs from last year). I've read on other sites to put custom sounds at 100 and everything else at 60.
- Team Entrance doesn't seem to be playing (initially used the combined option to play 1 track). I split it into two, and only the second one plays (running on to field). Perhaps an issue with my track, but it previews fine and worked last year.
- Track for defense runs onto field is playing for the visitors defense instead of home.
- There is one song on my list it refuses to let me select (March of Cornhusker for Made Field Goal). Odd, as it previews fine and worked last year, but nothing happens when using X to select.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Overthrown deep passes are regularly characterized as underthrown by Kirk & Brad. I.e. "that ball was underthrown", "he expected his receiver to come back to the ball", etc.

JeffHCross
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
dp

JeffHCross
07-17-2012, 10:16 PM
I added a player in the Pre-Season to my Recruiting Board that had "Open" spots in his Top 10.

After advancing to Week 1, I was 8th on his board. This was denoted by the Interest column (with an 8th and ^) and on his "Top Schools" screen.
After re-arranging my board to put all players in different slots, the Interest column now said "N/A ^", and I was no longer listed on the "Top Schools" screen.

psusnoop
07-18-2012, 07:53 AM
I added a player in the Pre-Season to my Recruiting Board that had "Open" spots in his Top 10.

After advancing to Week 1, I was 8th on his board. This was denoted by the Interest column (with an 8th and ^) and on his "Top Schools" screen.
After re-arranging my board to put all players in different slots, the Interest column now said "N/A ^", and I was no longer listed on the "Top Schools" screen.

Change of heart, realized that he had made a grave mistake and didn't want to wait out of fear it would be too late :D

I have seen this as well in SBCOL. I thought something was weird and when I tried to see if I could get it to happen again in another OD that I joined it didn't so I didn't think much of it. This makes me feel better that someone else saw it as well.

JeffHCross
07-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Change of heart, realized that he had made a grave mistake and didn't want to wait out of fear it would be too late :DTo follow-up, when we advanced to week 2, I was still 8th and it was "-", indicating no change. So I'm pretty sure I was 8th, it just stopped displaying for reasons unknown.

souljahbill
07-19-2012, 05:22 PM
So, suffice to say, I think it's going to be practically everywhere ...

Yep because I just saw them at Iowa St. as well.

JeffHCross
07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Just saw the CPU run a PA pass, and my LE penetrated the backfield and started to tackle the HB that was faked to. The CPU QB chucked the ball out of bounds (which should be intentional grounding). My LE was penalized for Defensive Pass Interference.

psuexv
07-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Not sure if this would classify as a bug but I'd love to see the sim clock fixed. Main issue is that especially when playing as a coordinator and you are not on the field, time is not simmed off of the clock while the other team is calling a play. This is the biggest issue when playing as a defensive coordinator on a very bad team. When your offense is running 9 second drives it puts you on the field for a unreasonable amount of time.

TIMB0B
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Total Tackles in the stat-sheet resets to 0 after 127.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Main issue is that especially when playing as a coordinator and you are not on the field, time is not simmed off of the clock while the other team is calling a play. You may not be willing to say it, but I will. It's a bug!!!

Total Tackles in the stat-sheet resets to 0 after 127. I swear I posted this last night. Oops.

EDIT: Double oops. I did post it ... somehow not in this thread.

TIMBOB has found (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5334-NCAA-Football-13-Dynasty-Mode-Issues&p=152071&viewfull=1#post152071) that being credited with more than 127 tackles will restart the count. That is to say, that the 128th tackle displays as 0 in the stats column.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I've noticed this year that sideline catches seem a little easier than they used to be. Especially when I was playing the demo (and couldn't review the Instant Replay) I wondered if the sideline wasn't being properly recognized.

Well, this was a catch, and not reviewed:
http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2013/ncaa13/4278711/421A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_ORt.jpg
I have more of a problem with the fact that it wasn't even reviewed than I do with the fact that it was ruled a catch.

souljahbill
07-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I've noticed this year that sideline catches seem a little easier than they used to be. Especially when I was playing the demo (and couldn't review the Instant Replay) I wondered if the sideline wasn't being properly recognized.

Well, this was a catch, and not reviewed:
http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2013/ncaa13/4278711/421A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_ORt.jpg
I have more of a problem with the fact that it wasn't even reviewed than I do with the fact that it was ruled a catch.

And let me guess, you couldn't challenge it either? I've wanted to challenge more then a few calls and weren't allowed even though I never hit pause-->instant replay.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 07:24 PM
It was an OD User/User game, so I didn't bother trying. Honestly couldn't remember if challenges were possible in User/User games.

JeffHCross
07-22-2012, 01:03 AM
When user results are uploaded to the Dynasty Wire, the Scoring Summary is not displayed accurately:

1st 2nd 3rd 4th
ISU 7 0 7 0 14
Texas 7 21 21 7 56

First Quarter
3:44 TD ISU: J Woody, 8 yd run

Third Quarter
5:29 TD ISU: S. Jantz, 1 yd run

Fist Quarter
5:04 TD Texas: M. Goodwin, 18 Yd pass

Second Quarter
6:37 TD Texas: M. Brown, 3 yd pass from D. Ash
.As shown above, one team displays their entire scoring summary, then the second team is displayed. It does not always follow Away/Home order. CPU games are not affected by this issue.

Not sure what's going on here, but when I glance at the Highlights screen, it appears that some of my drives are being split.After seeing it more, I can now say that what's happening is that the first place is split from every drive, regardless of how the drive started. The first play is its own drive, and is not used in any drive-based stats later on.

mew3782
07-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Major issue with my offline dynasty:

Post-season following my Year 4; after cutting my players and trying to advance to the next phase (custom conferences), CPU freezes on "Vanderbilt" roughly 20 teams into the CPU cut process. Interestingly, the scrolling text in the background ticker continues to run.

I've saved and resaved the file a few times and it always freezes at the same place. Any ideas?

JeffHCross
07-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Can you create another coach at that point and take over Vanderbilt? I'm wondering if there's some oddity with them that the simulation can't handle.

If there's nothing odd about Vandy, try the team that's after them alphabetically as well.

mew3782
07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
No luck...but I did notice the game also froze when I tried to access audibles from this point...I'll do some more testing and note any other 'freeze points' here...

mew3782
07-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I've noticed that many teams in my Dynasty no longer have all three coaches, including Vanderbilt. Could that be creating the issue? There are annual retirements but that would have impacted the prior years as well, I'd think?

JeffHCross
07-22-2012, 04:02 PM
By that point in the dynasty, I would think you would have gone through the carousel and all coaches would be assigned. Unless new coaches are generated at some point? Either way, if it's "many" teams, then the freeze wouldn't be limited to just Vandy.

souljahbill
07-22-2012, 04:06 PM
By that point in the dynasty, I would think you would have gone through the carousel and all coaches would be assigned. Unless new coaches are generated at some point? Either way, if it's "many" teams, then the freeze wouldn't be limited to just Vandy.

New coaches are generated as others retire.

JeffHCross
07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
New coaches are generated as others retire.Yeah, I meant "some other point". Meaning not during the CC stage of the offseason. I would presume they'd be generated then, but if he's not seeing three coaches assigned, I thought it was possible that new coaches had yet to be generated.

mew3782
07-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Agree that "retired" coaches appeared to have been replaced by new coaches in the early part of the post-season (Coaching Carousel). I check this each year; there are maybe 4-5 each year and they are all replaced. Of course, those replacements come from "somewhere", either from other teams or through some sort of auto-generation.

Retirement, I imagine, is permanent, meaning that following all of the shuffling there would be an equal number of coaches that would have to be (a) auto-generated or (b) be left as vacancies. I'm concerned that one of the two of the following happened:

(A) the auto-generated coaches that would appear to have filled the vacancies under Coaching Carousel in fact did not carry over further into the post-season, leaving blanks that leave me unable to advance the game

(B) Auto-generation of coaches does not happen, and the game could not accomodate the vacancies.

Anyone else have any other input?

JeffHCross
08-03-2012, 11:00 PM
After a walk-off field goal (i.e. FG to win the game with no time remaining):
Brad: "He got it! They win!"
Brad: "And they take the lead ..."
Kirk: Something about kickers being head cases.

JeffHCross
08-04-2012, 09:57 AM
On the Dynasty Wire, you can view the "Top Classes" for your dynasty within the Recruiting page. I'm switching between the "All Conferences" (i.e. All Teams) view and the view specific for my conference, the SEC, and consistently getting different results. "All Conferences" has looked right every time, but the SEC is getting different numbers more often than not. The numbers that are wrong are both the team overall rank and the individual :5star:, :4star:, etc numbers. It's very strange.

JeffHCross
08-04-2012, 05:02 PM

After re-arranging my board to put all players in different slots, the Interest column now said "N/A ^", and I was no longer listed on the "Top Schools" screen.Well, this isn't just limited to "new" players. I'd been on one player's board for three weeks (added him in Week 7 or Week 8, it's now Week 10), but when I moved him up my board, it changed to N/A.

Curiously, it first changed to "^N/A" when I moved him, but when I went to More Info, I was still shown in his Top Schools list. Upon leaving the Recruiting area and returning, I was removed from the list, and the school below me was now in my position.

jaymo76
08-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I won the Liberty Bowl against Louisville and then lost prestige because even though I won the game, the coaches screen said I lost to a lower ranked team. ???

JeffHCross
08-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I just did a simulated season and my coach failed the "beat a rival opponent each season" goal (in Year 1) despite the fact that he went 2-1 vs Rivals in Year 1.

Dukie98
08-05-2012, 02:22 PM
I've had a weird graphics glitch occur in two different games-- basically, the animations for one position become very choppy every play, and the player moves much slower. As soon as the play ends, the player freezes in place (for example, the running back is partially suspended in midair at the time of the tackle, rather than falling to the ground), as if it had no momentum whatsoever. Even if the player is replaced by a backup, it still affects the position.

The first time I noticed it, I was playing an exhibition game as Cal against Maryland, and it happened to the Maryland starting RB. He later got knocked out of the game with an injury, and the same problem occurred with his backup.

This morning, it happened to me again, playing as Mississippi State in an offline dynasty against MTSU. I first noticed it with one of my safeties- and because he was moving much more slowly, it had major implications for my defense. The problem remained after I subbed in his replacement on the depth chart. I also noticed a similar problem with my center, starting in the second half, and it affected the timing of the handoffs on a couple of running plays (one of them was the double Iso out of wishbone)-- effectively, because the QB/ center exchange wasn't occurring fluidly, the RB was out of position by the time that the QB was looking to hand it off, leaving the QB standing there with no one to hand off to.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Following a FG Return for TD, both my defense, and my opponent's offense, had the second-stringers on the field on the first play of the next series. Actually, it wasn't totally the second stringers, because the offense had the starting C (who is also the LS). So I think what happened was that the FG team was maintained for the next play. On second down both teams reset.

baseballplyrmvp
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
has anyone else ever come across a bug that basically swaps what control you have over whichever team in the depth chart? i had this the other day in this site's 360 od, where i went into the depth chart to make some personnel changes, and when i tried to swap out a player on MY team, it said that "i was unable to make changes to the opposing team".......(dont remember the exact text). being curious, i switched teams to view the cpu's depth chart, and i was able to make any change i wanted to (i resisted temptation though).

i've come across this bug a couple of times, but have been unable to intentionally reproduce it; so i dont know as to what is causing this, nor how to set it up. just thought i would throw it out there as a potential cheat.

IBI
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
I posted this in the team builder thread, but thought that it might need to go in this thread. If posting in both is a no no, then please accept my apologies.

Here's one that shouldn't need to be on a wish list.

Allow two user controlled TB teams to actually play a bowl game. Seems logical, no?

I commish an OD of user controlled TB teams. Toward the end of NCAA 12 I tried to play in the Fiesta Bowl against another user. We never made it past the first offensive snap without getting disconnected. We tried everything from not using CPBs, swapping who does the invite, swapping who kicks off, etc.. Nothing worked. We eventually played a regular online matchup using our TB teams in order to settle who could claim the bowl game. Playing the game outside of the OD worked. Playing within the OD did not.

Now, in NCAA 13, we're playing this dynasty and two other user teams meet in the Sugar Bowl. They never got the game in, because they keep losing connection. Three nights and approximately 25 attempts later they give up and decide to sim the game.

This season, I am playing another user in the Orange Bowl. 5 or 6 attempts later, and we decided that this is just typical EA, and we'll have to figure out a work around. The beauty is that two more of our OD members are supposed to play in the NCG. My guess is that that game won't happen either.

JeffHCross
11-07-2012, 11:17 PM
has anyone else ever come across a bug that basically swaps what control you have over whichever team in the depth chart?Just to be clear, you're talking about within the context of a game vs a CPU team, right? Not at the main OD menu or the website or anything like that.

baseballplyrmvp
11-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Just to be clear, you're talking about within the context of a game vs a CPU team, right? Not at the main OD menu or the website or anything like that.

yes. in the middle of a game, i lose control of my depth chart and can make changes to the cpu's team (like subbing in a DT to play the FS spot). exiting out of the depth chart and playing a few snaps, then going back into the depth chart occasionally fixes the bug and resets the user's control.

i havent played lately, but i'll continue to try and figure out exactly how to do it, then send it off to someone at ea (wish they posted here every once in a while) or have one of you CD guys do it.

JeffHCross
11-10-2012, 09:57 AM
When editing equipment, and you scroll away from the "Facemask" item, the label can change. I don't mean that it changes the Facemask for you, but it instead starts showing other equipment's label. For example, just now it changed to "Normal", and when I scrolled right I got "Elbow Pad White", which is the labels for Left/Right Elbow. But the facemask did accurately change to Speed Robot 2 (next item in the list) when the label changed to "Elbow Pad White".

In another example, earlier I returned to Facemask and found it displaying the "Standard/None" label used for Flak Jacket and Back Plate, among other things.

JeffHCross
11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Looks like SuperSim (or just SuperSim Online) EDIT:acts like uses the "touchback to the 25" rule for punts as well as kickoffs, instead of only kickoffs.

EDIT: Apparently it just displays "25". In reality it uses the 20.

JeffHCross
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Every SuperSim Online game I've played has ended the first half with a 5 yard penalty against the offense. The latest one came with ~17 seconds left on the clock, but ran out the first half.

OSUCowboyofMD
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
THE OPTION PLAY GLITCH! You're cutting up the outside and like every 1/3 times, a player is just standing there not moving and it gurantees a TD!

baseballplyrmvp
11-22-2012, 12:23 PM
so we've all had the aggressive zone coverage bug, where the cpu will change your zone coverage gameplanning setting to aggressive, but what about the cpu changing it to conservative?

i believe we had this issue before, but if you're an OC and watching the defense play against the cpu, there's a bug in which corners will run all the way to the other side of the field to cover their zone in the flats. :mad:

JeffHCross
11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Every SuperSim Online game I've played has ended the first half with a 5 yard penalty against the offense. The latest one came with ~17 seconds left on the clock, but ran out the first half.And tonight, I had :27 left on the clock in the 4th quarter, with the ball on the 2 yard line. Called a play and suddenly the game was over. Also a 5 yard penalty.

Offiziellen
11-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I am experiencing a couple of problems. In gameplay when I send my CB on a blitz he hesitates once he gets past the OL. Let me clarify that this is not on PA and it happens continuously. In my offline dynasty the game is freezing going into halftime. It is also freezing during auto-save and during tuning updates after I have exited a game.

JeffHCross
11-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Check your disc and make sure it doesn't have scratches. Otherwise I might wonder if your HDD or Console is having problems.

hillbill
12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
My apologies if this has been discussed over and over...I haven't had a chance to go over the whole board. And maybe this is the wrong place for it (my apologies)...I would just like to add my two cents on something that really really really needs addressed by the development team. Dynasty scheduling: I'm in year 2016 of an on-line dynasty. My default schedule read like this.

Bye
Home
Away
Home
Home
Home
Home
Home
Away
Bye
Away
Bye
Away
Away
Away

What kind of programming logic is that? I attempted on the console to change a little bit of it. But then when I advanced via the on-line site, it defaulted back to this schedule. I'm sure others have seen that as well. Second time it has happened to me in this dynasty. :bang:

JeffHCross
12-04-2012, 07:36 PM
In itself, it isn't 'logic'. That's just a "random" schedule that happened to fall out like that. I agree it shouldn't happen though -- no one would ever have that schedule for real.

Did you make Custom Conference changes at any point? Just curious. It's interesting that you mentioned it's happened twice in your dynasty. We've seen the same thing in Powerhouse, where our schedule has repeated itself, though my team's schedule is not nearly so segmented between Home and Away. We made heavy Custom Conferences changes though, and I think that was a contributing factor to why our schedule has repeated.

JeffHCross
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
It appears that the "Broadcast Camera" instant replays can change viewing angle between when they're saved and what's uploaded to the EASW or OD highlights. The viewing angle saved will not always be the replay uploaded.

SmoothPancakes
12-04-2012, 09:56 PM
It appears that the "Broadcast Camera" instant replays can change viewing angle between when they're saved and what's uploaded to the EASW or OD highlights. The viewing angle saved will not always be the replay uploaded.

They had that same issue last year. Quite a few of my "Broadcast Camera" highlights on NCAA '12 got screwed up when I saved and uploaded them.

JeffHCross
12-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah, they've had that one for a while. It might even be by design, honestly. I know I've posted it before. :D

RussellM9
12-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Im having a problem in dynasty mode. When i play some user games the before the game it loads the game very slowly. It says transfer progress, idk what that means but it take like 2 or 3 mins to load game. when i play a ranked match online it usually if never does that.

gschwendt
12-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Im having a problem in dynasty mode. When i play some user games the before the game it loads the game very slowly. It says transfer progress, idk what that means but it take like 2 or 3 mins to load game. when i play a ranked match online it usually if never does that.
You or your opponent is using uniforms downloaded from the uniform store. If, for example, you use a downloaded uniform but your opponent does't have it, you have to transfer it to them so that it will show up for them.

souljahbill
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Taken from impressions thread:

Final rankings at the end of the season
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/ry7yqaga.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/umaqyze6.jpg

Yay Florida! You're the national champs!!!! You did it!!!

Except.........

This is the score of the BCS National Championship Game:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/y6ypy9a7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/dyqabuhu.jpg
How do you win the championship by LOSING the championship game?!?!

baseballplyrmvp
12-13-2012, 10:00 PM
:fp: of epic proportions! way to go cpu controlled defense! this was taken the instant the ball was snapped

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/baseballplyrmvp/asuwashingtonodgame_zpsaa02bf66.jpg

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I've noticed that the Coach Cam is not consistent in displaying the names of the receivers, whether you're on offense or defense. It would be nice if this was consistent.

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Dynasty Wire
Looks like the Dyansty Wire e-mails reverse the Home/Away, and somehow I hadn't noticed that until now. I'm playing @ Arkansas in Year 5, and it was Arkansas @ Florida State in Year 4. Yet if I look at the e-mails, it's the exact reverse.

souljahbill
12-26-2012, 08:47 AM
This probably isn't a glitch but this game really needs better logic in determining the game of the week in Dynasty mode. Here are 2 examples in 2 different seasons where the game is just flat out wrong. Look at the rankings and the records.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/26/ybupadym.jpg
vs.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/26/y4apadas.jpg

VERY next season

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/26/unenesym.jpg
vs.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/26/su5a6u5a.jpg

JeffHCross
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Perhaps has something to do with the Sun Belt's (lack of) prestige. Agreed that it's obviously wrong though.

souljahbill
12-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Perhaps has something to do with the Sun Belt's (lack of) prestige. Agreed that it's obviously wrong though.

I guess I should mention that I'm using custom conferences and that the Sun Belt is the A+ conference (as Southern Miss, LSU, Alabama, and Auburn are all in the Sun Belt).

JeffHCross
12-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I guess I should mention that I'm using custom conferences and that the Sun Belt is the A+ conference (as Southern Miss, LSU, Alabama, and Auburn are all in the Sun Belt).Ah. So, same conference, but the lesser game is the GotW? Maybe "rivalry" is too emphasized in the algorithm. Or it's just a bug.

souljahbill
12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Ah. So, same conference, but the lesser game is the GotW? Maybe "rivalry" is too emphasized in the algorithm. Or it's just a bug.

Which is another reason why we need dynamic or custom rivalries. Auburn is my permanent cross-divisional rival so it should be set as a rivalry game for me. Alas, it isn't.

JeffHCross
01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
So, this one is a bit of a conundrum. I had a momentary hiccup with my router while I was recruiting in Online Dynasty. I expected the OD to boot me, but it did not. (Good!) However, I had just tried to spend 60 minutes on a recruit, and the "Recruit Interaction failed". While I was able to spend another 60 minutes on the recruit (i.e. the failure didn't cost me the opportunity to recruit), it did cost me 60 minutes of my overall time ... as if the failure to interact had been successful. (Bad!)

souljahbill
01-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Soooooooo.........I had a 99 Ovr QB who graduated after winning back-to-back national championships and 3 consecutive Heismans NOT get drafted at all.

JeffHCross
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
System QB :D

souljahbill
01-14-2013, 05:43 AM
System QB :D

LOL! Well played.

Although one could argue that all QBs are a product of their system....

baseballplyrmvp
01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
so the TGT360 od just moved into week 5 recruiting in season 2. i have 23 commits signed with 0 scholarship offers left. when i go to the recruiting database, though, it says that all of my signed recruits, now have me listed as 10th in their interest level.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/baseballplyrmvp/IMG_0033_zps9190e903.jpg

as you can see, recruits #1, 6, and 7 are all committed to me, by their green check mark under their target status, yet show otherwise in their interest. :confused:

edit: this extends into the recruiting board as well. they all show that they've hard committed to arizona state, but show a dropped interest, and have other school's logos as their top school (next to their info at the top, where it says their name, how many stars, sparq rating, etc)

JeffHCross
01-19-2013, 06:33 PM
What does the Web show? If it looks right, delete your saved copy of the OD and download it again.

baseballplyrmvp
01-19-2013, 06:38 PM
What does the Web show? If it looks right, delete your saved copy of the OD and download it again.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/baseballplyrmvp/commit_zps7857c5df.jpg

:fp: :smh: :D

JeffHCross
01-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Uhm. Yeah. You might be f--ked.

baseballplyrmvp
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
aw hell no. :mad: http://www.en.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_rant.gif

its weird though, cuz it says that i'm still registering the top recruiting class and that i have 0 team needs.

SmoothPancakes
01-20-2013, 07:10 AM
You're fine mvp. I experienced the exact same thing just last season in my Tulsa dynasty. I still had every single recruit that committed to me come Signing Day and the next preseason. It's just some screw up in the game that seems to be display only, not actually screwing up the commitments themselves.

baseballplyrmvp
01-20-2013, 09:29 AM
You're fine mvp. I experienced the exact same thing just last season in my Tulsa dynasty. I still had every single recruit that committed to me come Signing Day and the next preseason. It's just some screw up in the game that seems to be display only, not actually screwing up the commitments themselves.

oh thank god!

JeffHCross
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I've now had the game freeze on me three consecutive times while trying to do "More Info" on a specific player on my OD team. Other players and positions seem to load fine.

JeffHCross
01-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Final rankings at the end of the season

Yay Florida! You're the national champs!!!! You did it!!!

Except.........

This is the score of the BCS National Championship Game:

How do you win the championship by LOSING the championship game?!?!

Edit: Posted in Bugs/Glitch thread per JeffBill, I've got a thought on this one. It sure looks to me like the rankings don't (or at least don't always) update at the end of the season. We've just completed another season in Powerhouse, and it's obvious that the Top 5 didn't change at all. When I check the Rankings tab on the Dynasty Wire, the Top 25 is completely unchanged. The BCS says it will be unavailable until Week 9 :D

baseballplyrmvp
01-27-2013, 11:00 PM
week 1 of season 3 in the TGT360 od, only has 1 cpu/cpu game going on. the other 4 games are user/cpu or user/user. the other 113 teams in the country have byes.

JeffHCross
01-27-2013, 11:12 PM
week 1 of season 3 in the TGT360 od, only has 1 cpu/cpu game going on. the other 4 games are user/cpu or user/user. the other 113 teams in the country have byes.That's pretty normal for how the schedules are in the game. Not really a bug (at least not a bug unique to the TGT OD). I do think it's a factor in the custom conference schedule issues (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6231-Schedules-with-Custom-Conferences) though.

JeffHCross
01-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Why is this currently the Georgia logo on the Dynasty Wire?

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/jeffhc/team30_zps2bf0eb2c.png

( Even weirder, when I posted the link to the image (http://cdn.www.easports.com/dynasty/static/1276/images/template/themes/ncaa13/teamlogos/45px/team30.png) on the Dynasty Wire site, it shows as :Georgia:. But not when I view any number of dynasties through Chrome. Presumably it's cached somehow, but where the hell did it come from to begin with?

EDIT: Yep, clearing cache got rid of it. But ... wtf. )

JeffHCross
01-29-2013, 10:13 PM
So, this one is a bit of a conundrum. I had a momentary hiccup with my router while I was recruiting in Online Dynasty. I expected the OD to boot me, but it did not. (Good!) However, I had just tried to spend 60 minutes on a recruit, and the "Recruit Interaction failed". While I was able to spend another 60 minutes on the recruit (i.e. the failure didn't cost me the opportunity to recruit), it did cost me 60 minutes of my overall time ... as if the failure to interact had been successful. (Bad!)Since my internet reliability sucks right now, this happened again tonight. Lost 50 minutes. Pretty annoying when you're early in the season and every call counts.

souljahbill
01-30-2013, 06:10 AM
Game of the week status

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/30/dy9era8u.jpg
vs.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/30/y8a7y7yt.jpg

Note: Alabama/Ole Miss and USM/LSU are both Sun Belt division games.

JeffHCross
01-30-2013, 07:33 AM
It's artificially inflated by rivalry status. I've noticed a number of GotWs in Powerhouse that can only be explained by being a rivalry.

souljahbill
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Well that has to change for 14. 1) Rankings and 2) records should weigh into the equation a LOT more than rivalry games. Rivalry games should #3 in the GotW deciding equation.

SmoothPancakes
01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Well that has to change for 14. 1) Rankings and 2) records should weigh into the equation a LOT more than rivalry games. Rivalry games should #3 in the GotW deciding equation.

Yep. I don't care how big of a rivalry #18, 4-loss Alabama and unranked, 5-loss LSU is, no way in hell should they be the game of the week over #3, 1-loss Iowa vs. #5, 1-loss Nebraska, as I saw last season in my dynasty.

Escobar
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I noticed in my OD and offline dynasty it always picks pretty much the same games every year. Mich/ND, Mich/Mich St, ND/Mich ST, Florida/Geaorgia and another SEC matchup are always Games of the Week no matter how good or bad the teams are.

onikuno
02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
WOW. Just got robbed by a bug. Late in the fourth quarter on the road I make a big 3rd down play action pass to my tight end from the Shotgun Y-Flex. PA Drag was the play. This is the second time this has happened to me in a few days. The pass was completed over the middle and no one would have caught him. As soon as the catch is made the ref stops the play as if he were down and Utah called a time out. HUGE issue if I wasn't already up 13. If that was a last second play to win I would have been in an uproar. Has anyone had a pass caught in the middle of the field and the play just stops? REALLY BAD bug.

JeffHCross
02-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Nope, never had that happen, except when my player has to dive for the ball, naturally.

Jayrah
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
OOOOOH MY GOOOOOD! I've about had it with this freaking GameTrack! For the third time in two CPU games it's frozen my system the very nano-second I go into one of those gametracks. I have a feeling it's a specific one of them because most of the gametracks work, but I can't even begin to hear what Brad is saying to start it, so I'm not sure which one it is. I do know that it happens on a regular basis and of course since most of the gametracks happen in the second half, that's when it freezes. I'm getting pissed with being frozen by it though that's for sure. GOD! GET. IT. FIXED! :bang: