PDA

View Full Version : (Online) Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder - NCAA 14 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-10-2012, 07:42 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

(Online) Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 14.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

SmoothPancakes
07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Let us add more teams over 123 (124 with the addition of Georgia State next year). We're not allowed to freaking kill the WAC (it's only a matter of time before it dies anyways), so let us add teambuilder teams (WITHOUT HAVING TO REMOVE ANOTHER TEAM), and bolster the WAC's numbers without sacrificing the real world imitation of other conferences in the dynasty years 2014, 2015 and beyond.

TIMB0B
07-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Where do we post if there's not a specific thread for it, such as coach philosophy?

TIMB0B
07-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I wish:

Recruiting had a JUCO search filter.

That scouting was an option you could toggle on/off. Half the fun of recruiting gems/busts is not knowing what you truly have until they arrive on campus. I like authenticity. Not this. I hate to say it too because it's a big new feature that took a lot of time and space.

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I like that the new Scouting feature adds a dynamic to the recruit's ratings. I'm not going to say it moves too fast, because I wouldn't want to see it reveal the ratings any slower. However, after a rating is revealed as being UP or DOWN, there's nothing to remind you what the rating used to be. I'll probably get over this with practice, but if a rating that I was really interested in just went from a B to a 65, I'd like the game to remind me of that. Perhaps the GUI could be changed slightly to reflect this.

Where do we post if there's not a specific thread for it, such as coach philosophy?If it relates to Dynasty, put it here. I believe Coach Philosophy is only used in Dynasty, so this would be the place for it.

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 01:09 PM
I like that the new Scouting feature adds a dynamic to the recruit's ratings. I'm not going to say it moves too fast, because I wouldn't want to see it reveal the ratings any slower. However, after a rating is revealed as being UP or DOWN, there's nothing to remind you what the rating used to be. I'll probably get over this with practice, but if a rating that I was really interested in just went from a B to a 65, I'd like the game to remind me of that. Perhaps the GUI could be changed slightly to reflect this.

I agree with you in that I like the dynamic. I think I'm hung up on the OVR being revealed, though. Also, as has been mentioned on here before, it should let us choose what rating(s) we want to unlock.

I think the EA devs need to try to think more like a coach when working on these features.

Question: under the playing style pitch, does "coverage" defender include the stat "passes defensed(deflected)" along with INTs? I know it doesn't say so, but if it really doesn't, then they should add it to help increase the odds of getting the coverage LBer playing style pitch up.

Also, I'd like for them to start keeping individual stats of QB hurries and knockdowns on defense. They do it while playing a game showing team stats, but that's it.

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 03:05 PM
I agree with you in that I like the dynamic. I think I'm hung up on the OVR being revealed, though. Also, as has been mentioned on here before, it should let us choose what rating(s) we want to unlock.I'm okay with the OVR being revealed, namely because every player I've scouted so far, it's dropped like a rock :D

I would only agree that we should be able to pick our scouting choices if the amount of attributes we could reveal in a given week was SIGNIFICANTLY less. Otherwise it becomes too easy if I can pick which ones I learn. Every other game I can think of that has scouting forces you through a random reveal concept (and, at that, usually starts from ??? rather than knowing an attribute), so I'm okay with that decision.

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I'd like for there to be an option of "in-depth recruiting." I say option because some people think there's too much already. So, this is how I'd break the recruiting modes down...

A) - The CPU recruits for you like old school College Football USA 96. At the end of the season, the CPU randomly selects commits based on how your team performed and their prestige in the given year.

B) - The standard user-controlled 5 week post-season recruiting only, which was introduced in NCAA Football 98 (I believe).

C) - The existing setup: In-season recruiting + 5 week post-season recruiting.

D) - In-season recruiting + 5 week post-season recruiting + off-season recruiting.

In real life, there are 4 types of recruiting periods set by the NCAA: Quiet, Evaluation, Contact, and Dead periods. For the purposes of this post, I'll only be using the Quiet and Evaluation periods as it pertains to off-season recruiting.

Quiet Period = Coaches are allowed to call recruits (and offer scholarships). Recruits can visit coaches, but can only do so at the coaches' respective colleges (i.e. unofficial visit).

Evaluation Period = Assistant Coaches are permitted to visit recruits off-campus (as well as make calls and scholarship offers).

The real off-season recruiting calendar set by the NCAA is as follows...

1st week of February (the day after Signing Day) - April 14th = Quiet Period
April 15th - May 31st = Evaluation Period
June 1st - July 31st = Quiet Period

Here's what I'm suggesting with the "D" mode (off-season) recruiting...

Off-season Tasks

Day after National Signing Day
- Spring Position Changes (including early enrollees)
- Next season's Top 100 Recruits 'Watch' List released
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Junior Day Event
- Recruiting: Select Prospects for Recruit Board
(Advance to next period)

February - April 14th (Quiet Period)
- Spring Depth Chart (Divvy up reps to each position group by percentage points totaling 100%)
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Spring Game
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers permitted
- Spring Game (option to play or sim)
(Advance to next period)

April 15th - May 31st (Evaluation Period)
- Training Results (including early enrollees)
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Summer Football Camp
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers; Scouting permitted (this period only)
(Advance to next period)

June 1st - July 31st (Quiet Period)
- Summer Position Changes (including non-early enrollees who have now arrived on campus as well as walk-ons)
- Official Top 100 Recruits List released
- Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Pre-Season Scrimmage
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers
(Advance to next period)

Custom Conferences
(Advance to next period)

August (Pre-season Tasks)
- Pre-season Depth Chart
- Pre-season Scrimmage (option to play or sim)
- Redshirts
- Cut Players
- Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers; Official Visits and weekly Scouting now permitted (beginning of Contact Period)
- Schedule Changes
- Begin Season
(Advance to regular season)

NOTES:

Junior Day, Spring Game, Summer Camp, and Pre-Season Scrimmages are all unofficial visits i.e. prospects randomly attend based on interest level and/or location. To make these incentive-based, I'd say any recruit that unofficially visits through one or all of the four aforementioned events, you get "x2" bonus points if you call them during said periods.

The spring game DOES NOT determine off-season training. Practice does. And practice is simulated by setting the rep percentage of your players in spring depth chart. Each specific position group in your offense/defense scheme (based on playbooks) has a cumulative total of 100% reps. Example of a pro-form offense's position groups: QB, RB, FB, TE, SE, FL, LT, LG, C, RG, RT. Each one of those groups totals to 100% reps.

Then, you divvy up that 100% within each position group. Say you have 3 QBs. You give your starter 50% reps, back-up 30%, and 3rd string 20%.
1 - QB = 50%
2 - QB = 30%
3 - QB = 20%

And you do this for each position...
1 - RB = 40%
2 - RB = 30%
3 - RB = 20%
4 - RB = 10%

The amount of reps, coupled with a player's potential (which is hidden), determines the offseason training results. It's also a risk/reward scenario. You could give one player all 100% of the reps at his position, leaving the others with 0%, where your reward is maximum progression for that player depending on his potential rating, however you risk injury.

Conversely, if a player gets a small percentage of reps, you risk that player transferring or minimal training results. Even further, with 0% reps, the players will regress in training results. They will see drops in some of their ratings because they haven't been practicing. This means if you have a senior starter, you still have to give him some reps in order to maintain his OVR.

The Spring Depth Chart would also play a huge role for CPU A.I. when they oversign too many players at one position, like having 5 QBs on a roster. The 4th and/or 5th string QBs would be getting screwed in the rep department and may transfer.

The game should have a default percentage already set up, then you could manipulate it from there.

This would give you some control over the development of your players. But just as coaching in real life, there are risk/rewards to these decisions. Hidden potential ratings, though, are the key in keeping offseason progression from being cheesed as well as regressive ratings if they don't give a minimum of reps.

The current off-season tasks as of NCAA 2013 features 6 advancements (Signing Day / Position Changes / Training Results / Cut Players / Custom Conferences / Pre-season Tasks). The example I have given of an in-depth off-season recruiting has 7 advancements. However, there are now 4 additional recruiting opportunities, a Spring Game, Pre-Season Scrimmage, and 2 opportunities for Position Changes (Spring and Summer).

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm okay with the OVR being revealed, namely because every player I've scouted so far, it's dropped like a rock :D

I would only agree that we should be able to pick our scouting choices if the amount of attributes we could reveal in a given week was SIGNIFICANTLY less. Otherwise it becomes too easy if I can pick which ones I learn. Every other game I can think of that has scouting forces you through a random reveal concept (and, at that, usually starts from ??? rather than knowing an attribute), so I'm okay with that decision.
Agree to disagree here. The scouting is unrealistic because it reveals an OVR before they arrive on campus. No one knows a bust or gem until they get to college and then either tear it up or stink. It's been said in the recruiting world thousands of times: "recruiting is an inexact science." The bust rate for 5-stars is close to 50% I believe, but as this game would suggest, just scout them to find out their real overall and we'll know their correct star caliber.

My guess is this is why scouting was put in the game in the first place, because you had people just putting every "top" rated interested prospect on their board and not doing their due diligence to check the prospects' grades. The result: upset gamers calling for a scouting feature because they continually recruited 4 and 5-star busts.

And as far as choosing what to scout, a coach is going to be looking at particular skills of a player, not whatever the player randomly decides to show him. Or else he won't get a scholarship.

TIMB0B
07-14-2012, 04:19 PM
dbl post

JeffHCross
07-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Agree to disagree here. The scouting is unrealistic because it reveals an OVR before they arrive on campus.True, but that's really no different than what they've done in previous years. You didn't know exact OVRs, but it could be reasonably figured out. My guess is they added the OVR reveal after seeing the popularity of apps like Pocket Scout.

I also wasn't aware, with certainty, that the OVR was exactly what the player ended up with after being recruited. I was hoping (though assuming otherwise) that it was just a "grade", like ESPN assigns to recruits.

My guess is this is why scouting was put in the game in the first place, because you had people just putting every "top" rated interested prospect on their board and not doing their due diligence to check the prospects' grades. The result: upset gamers calling for a scouting feature because they continually recruited 4 and 5-star busts.Agree to disagree. There are no busts in NCAA. If you added a 5-star QB, you could be 90% sure that his OVR would be higher than any 4-star QB. The "bust" aspect of scouting is brand new.

And as far as choosing what to scout, a coach is going to be looking at particular skills of a player, not whatever the player randomly decides to show him. Or else he won't get a scholarship.When you put on game film, you may have a goal of figuring out how good the WR prospect is at catching balls, but you may learn other things as well. That's my view of it at least.

But, again, as I said earlier, I'm not looking at it for "realism". I'm looking it as a gameplay mechanic that is similar to what other sports games have, and is similar in execution to how those other games have done it.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 12:29 AM
When scouting on the Dynasty Wire, the time remaining does not update at the end of the scouting session. If you have 1:00 remaining before a final 60 min scouting session, it will still read 1:00 remaining. It doesn't update until you start a new scouting session. The console properly reflects that all time has been spent.

TIMB0B
07-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Okay, I'll concede the whole OVR being visible since they'll probably never change that aspect, but here's what I think they could do with scouting.

1) Show the following combine results in recruit searches, which are already unlocked for scouting (i.e. don't need to scout):

COMBINE RESULTS

NAME
POSITION
40 Yard Dash (Speed w/ Acc)
20 Yard Shuttle (Acceleration)
3 Cone Drill (Agility)
Vertical (Jump)
Broad Jump (Explosiveness)
Bench Press (Strength)
Squat Press (Leg Drive)
60 Yard Shuttle (Stamina)
GPA (Discipline*)
Aptitude Test (X's and O's**)

AttributeBallcarrying""Spin, JukeHurdleTruck, DiveStiff ArmBreak Tackle"""

"Receiving""Route RunningLeaping CatchDiving CatchRelease"""

"Blocking""Blocking FootworkImpact BlockPass Block StrengthRun Block Strength"""

"Defense""Finesse Move, Strafe, BackpedalLeaping SwatHit Power, Diving TackleBlock Shedding, Power MovePress Cover, Bullrush"""

* Discipline rating determines the penalty propensity of a player
** X's and O's rating determines how much of the playbook they know

2) The player has a projected OVR based upon his combine results. Then, depending on the player's position, you scout them unlocking their position-specific attributes, and their OVR fluctuates up or down.

Very similar to what exists, except the combine numbers are already revealed. However, the combine numbers (like the game used to do) could fluctuate over the season as the prospects will attend summer camps, retake tests, make better grades, etc.

Look at it this way: the skills in the chart above are scouted for you through a combine. The position-specific skills would be you (as coach) "watching" game film or what have you.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 04:45 PM
** X's and O's rating determines how much of the playbook they knowWhile I loved that in NFL Head Coach, I don't think we'll ever see "Learn Your Playbook" in a mainstream EA football game.

TIMB0B
07-15-2012, 05:27 PM
While I loved that in NFL Head Coach, I don't think we'll ever see "Learn Your Playbook" in a mainstream EA football game.

My thinking is that the test score would determine the degree of "awareness" boost to a player from their first to second year on campus, and also the degree of awareness drop when changing positions (Ex. a perfect score = awareness doesn't drop).

Since an aptitude test, like the wonderlic, tests how quickly one processes information, this would best represent that. How quickly one learns the "playbook" i.e. awareness from first year to second and/or changing different positions. This could also play a factor if a new coach was hired.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Ah, I misunderstood you. NFL Head Coach had players graded on their "progress" through the playbook. Players that hadn't learned the plays would occasionally make mistakes with the play as-called. That's what I was talking about. Obviously, changing the playbook (as OD members are wont to do) would have a drastic impact on this feature.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Bug: On Dynasty Wire, on the "Teams" page (http://www.easports.com/dynasty/teams), when the teams are sorted by rank it sorts it in text ascension order, not numerical order.

I.e.:

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 07:39 PM
The change to include all 123 teams in the Toughest Places to Play is pretty awesome, especially if you're a Teambuidler dynasty -- now you can see yourself move up/down the list. Additionally, the linkage between the Toughest Places to Play and the new Stadium Atmosphere grade -- damn cool.

That said, the Stadium Atmosphere grade is not spread out enough -- particularly because of its weight on below average grades -- and should be a little more top heavy than it is. Maybe making it a normal distribution (instead of the very low-weighted distribution it seems to follow) would be enough. But I'm struggling enough to believe that Kyle Field (A&M) is the #22 toughest place to play in the nation. I'm really struggling to believe that translates to a C+ "Stadium Atmosphere" grade. Kyle Field is one of the best atmospheres, though I recognize that doesn't make it necessarily tough. The Top 30 should not be the distribution for A+ to C+, that should be a lot more spread.

TIMB0B
07-15-2012, 10:41 PM
I'd like for them to bring back the camera shake.

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 11:23 PM
We've discussed in other threads how a manually editable (or at least dynamic) Top 25 would bring more immersion to the beginning of dynasty. Particularly with Teambuilder and how it can effect the Top 25.

Similar to that, Custom Conferences plays absolute havoc with the Preseason All-Americans, or at least Preseason All-Conference, in Year 1. Powerhouse did a healthy amount of realignment this season, and I'm seeing All-Americans who aren't All-Conference, 78 OVR players on the 1st team with 92 OVRs on the 2nd, etc. Since no teams were removed, the All-Americans seem to be fine (and predetermined). But the All-Conference selections clearly weren't dynamic.

souljahbill
07-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Keep Academic Prestige as a pitch but make it so that Academics is a filterable trait like star rating, weight, location, etc. (eliminate it being a pitch that you have to find interest in and just give that info or put their GPA in with their other measurables like 40, BP, Squat, etc.) That way, if you have high academic prestige, you have to recruit the smart kids or risk it lowering.

TIMB0B
07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Keep Academic Prestige as a pitch but make it so that Academics is a filterable trait like star rating, weight, location, etc. (eliminate it being a pitch that you have to find interest in and just give that info or put their GPA in with their other measurables like 40, BP, Squat, etc.) That way, if you have high academic prestige, you have to recruit the smart kids or risk it lowering.

This. Also, I'd put a 4-star prestige ceiling on nonBCS programs. No team could become a 5 and 6-star prestige program unless they join a BCS conference. I also think they should somehow tie this into TV exposure, and have a recruiting pitch for it: A+ for BCS. D- for nonBCS. Yes, it makes that much of a difference.

And...

The 127/128 total tackle number being reset (discussion in Dynasty Issues thread) made me think of NCAA/Team records that should be added. Basically, if there's a stat for it, there's a record for it. Add it.

List_of_NCAA_football_records (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_records)

psuexv
07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
I'd like to see Dynasty Wire have an archive, historically aspect.

1 - A Champions section that lists all of the past National Champions. Would love to see a list of conference champions but I'll take baby steps.

2 - List of past Heisman winners. Once again would love to see all award winners but.....

3 - A coaches career path and records at those schools.

4 - Historical records against other users.

5 - Number of All-Americans and All Conference players that a coach has had. Listing them all out would be a little much but a number would be great. Maybe split out to the different schools that user has coached.

6 - NCAA record breakers and the user that had them, if a user had them.

JeffHCross
07-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I'd like to see all of that in Dynasty. Then we can worry about getting it added to the Dynasty Wire :D

I think an auto-generated Dynasty Wire story that reviews offseason events like Recruiting (Top Classes?) would be very nice. On NCAA 11 (not sure about 13), there was practically no activity on Dynasty Wire during the offseason, and you don't have the ability of going back and reviewing information from previous weeks.

souljahbill
07-20-2012, 09:21 PM
I'd like to see Dynasty Wire have an archive, historically aspect.

5 - Number of All-Americans and All Conference players that a coach has had. Listing them all out would be a little much but a number would be great. Maybe split out to the different schools that user has coached.

If you check the info in the coaching section of dynasties, you CAN see the number of award winners and All-Americans a coach has coached.

psuexv
07-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd like to see all of that in Dynasty. Then we can worry about getting it added to the Dynasty Wire :D

I think an auto-generated Dynasty Wire story that reviews offseason events like Recruiting (Top Classes?) would be very nice. On NCAA 11 (not sure about 13), there was practically no activity on Dynasty Wire during the offseason, and you don't have the ability of going back and reviewing information from previous weeks.

Dynasty and the console is so 2011. This is '13, it's all about the web ;)

I'd like to see an auto generated weekly story with more than just scores.

psuexv
07-20-2012, 09:30 PM
If you check the info in the coaching section of dynasties, you CAN see the number of award winners and All-Americans a coach has coached.

On the web?

souljahbill
07-20-2012, 09:41 PM
On the web?

I don't know about the web but it's definitely on the console because I've looked at it myself.

TIMB0B
07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Okay, I'll concede the whole OVR being visible since they'll probably never change that aspect, but here's what I think they could do with scouting.

1) Show the following combine results in recruit searches, which are already unlocked for scouting (i.e. don't need to scout):

COMBINE RESULTS

NAME
POSITION
40 Yard Dash (Speed w/ Acc)
20 Yard Shuttle (Acceleration)
3 Cone Drill (Agility)
Vertical (Jump)
Broad Jump (Explosiveness)
Bench Press (Strength)
Squat Press (Leg Drive)
60 Yard Shuttle (Stamina)
GPA (Discipline*)
Aptitude Test (X's and O's**)

AttributeBallcarrying""Spin, JukeHurdleTruck, DiveStiff ArmBreak Tackle"""

"Receiving""Route RunningLeaping CatchDiving CatchRelease"""

"Blocking""Blocking FootworkImpact BlockPass Block StrengthRun Block Strength"""

"Defense""Finesse Move, Strafe, BackpedalLeaping SwatHit Power, Diving TackleBlock Shedding, Power MovePress Cover, Bullrush"""

* Discipline rating determines the penalty propensity of a player
** X's and O's rating determines how much of the playbook they know

2) The player has a projected OVR based upon his combine results. Then, depending on the player's position, you scout them unlocking their position-specific attributes, and their OVR fluctuates up or down.

Very similar to what exists, except the combine numbers are already revealed. However, the combine numbers (like the game used to do) could fluctuate over the season as the prospects will attend summer camps, retake tests, make better grades, etc.

Look at it this way: the skills in the chart above are scouted for you through a combine. The position-specific skills would be you (as coach) "watching" game film or what have you.
Okay, I'm still annoyed that the OVR is visible. How bout dis? Give us an on/off option to toggle OVR being visible or hidden.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 06:14 PM
When an upload of highlights from an Online Dynasty game fails, the game should give us the option to retry. Otherwise you will find yourself forced to upload them to EASW, and use up the limited slots there.

JeffHCross
07-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Okay, I'm still annoyed that the OVR is visible. How bout dis? Give us an on/off option to toggle OVR being visible or hidden.I'm pretty sure you've finished at least one season, so you probably already know the answer to this ... but I'm still not totally convinced that the OVR we see is accurate. At no point in our scouting do we see the player's Awareness. That's a huge component of OVR (or at least has been historically), so I'm curious to see what happens when these guys hit the field.

TIMB0B
07-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty sure you've finished at least one season, so you probably already know the answer to this ... but I'm still not totally convinced that the OVR we see is accurate. At no point in our scouting do we see the player's Awareness. That's a huge component of OVR (or at least has been historically), so I'm curious to see what happens when these guys hit the field.
Hmm. I haven't noticed if the OVR is different upon position changes since I always skip over "signing day" and don't see the OVRs as a reminder.

KIDZER0918
07-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I would like to see the game intros on user vs user games as well a game updates of user vs user games

Cash21
07-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I would like to have high school all American games like the under armour and army all American games,which you have the choice to play on whichever team you choose, to see how well your recruits can play because they're going to become the future faces of your dynasty. Also there should be events like the elite 11 throughout the country, the Nike opening, gridiron kings, and combines to check out how well these recruits fair. You should also have the ability to visit a high school players game and play as the team. In the dynasty mode there should be spring games, offseason practices, and in-season practices.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Cash,
In real life the All-American games take place a month or so before NSD. In the game's timeline, it would take place prior to Week 1 of off-season recruiting. Since the vast majority of in-game recruits are signed before the end of the season, what's the benefit of seeing the prospects after you've already signed them? I can see the Elite 11 and other pre-season camps being beneficial, but not the AA games.

TIMB0B
07-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Cash,
In real life the All-American games take place a month or so before NSD. In the game's timeline, it would take place prior to Week 1 of off-season recruiting. Since the vast majority of in-game recruits are signed before the end of the season, what's the benefit of seeing the prospects after you've already signed them? I can see the Elite 11 and other pre-season camps being beneficial, but not the AA games.
I think the AA games should be used for RTG mode instead of dynasty.

Cash21
07-30-2012, 11:12 AM
I thought that the games took place before the end of the bowl season?

souljahbill
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm not against any of that HS stuff being added but I'm definitely not for it. I just don't see the practical advantage of playing a game with everyone's players when I can just go to practice mode to see that my FR WR is fast.

JeffHCross
07-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I thought that the games took place before the end of the bowl season?The Army game was like ... the day before the NC game this year. So the vast majority of the bowls are done.

And whether it's Bowl Week or Week 1 of the offseason, that's still about the same in terms of recruits being signed to their teams by then. There are just too many recruits signed for me to understand the value-add.

I can just go to practice mode to see that my FR WR is fast.Bingo.

baseballplyrmvp
08-04-2012, 12:25 AM
it'd be nice if there was an option under team info/coach philosophy or something, in which you could set your offense to automatically run in a no-huddle. this way, you wouldnt always have to press :360Y:/ps3 equivelant after every play.

baseballplyrmvp
08-04-2012, 12:33 AM

building on this, it'd be cool if some recruits werent able to make the grades required to be able to get into your school. not every top recruit in the country has the grades in order to play at stanford. hell, it was the reason why vontaze burflict played at arizona state and not at USC----he didnt have the grades.

plus, this would make academic prestige mean something in the game.

TIMB0B
08-04-2012, 12:56 PM
it'd be nice if there was an option under team info/coach philosophy or something, in which you could set your offense to automatically run in a no-huddle. this way, you wouldnt always have to press :360Y:/ps3 equivelant after every play.I agree. I posted this a month or so ago:

I mentioned in a previous thread that "Gameplan Adjustments" needs an overhaul. Well, not necessarily overhauled, just enhanced. I'm a big believer in taking what EA has already delivered, and expounding on it. First, "Coach Philosophy" should establish your coach's identity not just for simulating games, but in-game when you utilize the "Ask Coach" option under the playcall menu. How your run/pass ratio and playcall aggressive style are set, combined with your coach rating, should dictate the "Ask Coach" play selection.

In the diagram below, you'll notice the existing "Coach Philosophy" menu in the game with two additional options (in bold).

COACH PHILOSOPHY

COACH PHILOSOPHY MENU EXAMPLE

Offensive PlaybookOption Run, Run Balanced, One Back Pro Style, Pistol, Multiple Run and Shoot, Spread, Air Raid

Huddle Style Huddle Balanced No Huddle

Run Offense / Pass Offense 15 50 85

Offensive Playcall Aggressive Style 15 50 85

Offensive Substitutions 15 50 85

Base Defense 4-3, 3-4 Multiple D 4-2-5, 3-3-5

Primary Coverage Scheme Zone Balanced Man

Run Defense / Pass Defense 15 50 85

Defensive Playcall Aggressive Style 15 50 85

Defensive Substitutions 15 50 85

Recruiting Board Assistance On / Off

Scholarship Offer Assistance On / Off

Visit Assistance On / Off

Maybe some of you could care less, but having to trigger the no-huddle button after every play can be a nuisance. Simply put, it should be automatic except for 4th down situations. Anyway, with your "Coach Philosophy" set, you're ready to load up your game. Next, what I'd like for EA to add is a "Scout Opponent" option at the controller select menu. The option could be toggled just like the "Uniform Option" allows us. So, you select "Scout Opponent" and the option gives you a look at your opponent's "Coach Philosophy" and the opportunity to set your "Gameplan Adjustments" going into the game. NOTE: This does not supercede your ability to set adjustments in-game. You can still do that if need be. This simply gives you an opportunity to see your opponent's coach philosophy, and make your adjustments accordingly.

SCOUT OPPONENT

OPPONENT COACH PHILOSOPHY EXAMPLE

Offensive Playbook Spread

Huddle Style No Huddle

Run Offense / Pass Offense 75

Offensive Playcall Aggressive Style55

Offensive Substitutions 50

Base Defense 4-2-5

Primary Coverage Scheme Man

Run Defense / Pass Defense60

Defensive Playcall Aggressive Style 55

Defensive Substitutions 50

SET GAMEPLAN EXAMPLE

OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN ADJUSTMENTS CONSERVATIVE BALANCED AGGRESSIVE

Get Open Comeback Balanced Get Separation

Impact Blocks Avoid Clipping Balanced Bigger Blocks

Holding Blocks Avoid Holding Balanced Block Longer

Big Run Protect Ball Balanced Break More Tackles

Catching Focus on CatchBalanced Make a Big Play

TempoChew ClockBalancedHurry-Up

Cadence Silent Count Balanced Hard Count

Offensive Line Splits Narrow SplitsBalancedWide Splits

Run Blocking Scheme Man Blocking Balanced Zone Blocking

Pass Offense Quick Routes Balanced Stretch the Field

DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN ADJUSTMENTS CONSERVATIVE BALANCED AGGRESSIVE

Big Hits Sure Tackle Balanced Big Hit

Strip Ball Wrap Up Balanced Strip Ball

Zone Defense Loose Zone Balanced Tight Zone

Defensive Line Avoid Offsides Balanced Jump Snap

Pass Defense Swat Balanced Pick

Option Defense Play Pitch Man Balanced Play QB

QB Contain Play Pass Balanced Play QB

Defensive Line Techniques 2-Gap Balanced 1-Gap

Linebackers Read Pass Balanced Gap Read

Safety Support Roll Coverage Balanced Load Box

Although I'm not a huge fan of the existing "Gameplan Adjustments" since I think they're more applicable to player tendencies and awareness, I don't think they should be removed because many people do like and use them. However, I added a few tweaks to some of the existing adjustments, and came up with several entirely new adjustments that seem more applicable to a gameplan. For an in-depth look at the new ones, click on the following spoiler tab.

GAMEPLAN ADJUSTMENTS

OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN ADJUSTMENTS

Get Open CONSERVATIVE: COMEBACK AGGRESSIVE: GET SEPARATION

+ Comeback short after Route + Get Separation after Route is Finished

- Less Big Plays after Routes - Higher Chance of Offensive Pass Interference

Impact Blocks CONSERVATIVE: AVOID CLIPPING AGGRESSIVE: BIGGER BLOCKS

+ No Clipping Calls + Sell out for more Big Blocks

- Less Big Blocks - More Clipping Calls

Holding Blocks CONSERVATIVE: AVOID HOLDING AGGRESSIVE: BLOCK LONGER

+ No Holding Calls + Hold Blocks Longer

- Blocks Last a Shorter Time - More Holding Calls

Big Run CONSERVATIVE: PROTECT THE BALL AGGRESSIVE: BREAK MORE TACKLES

+ Lower Fumble Chance + Higher Broken Tackle Chance

- Less Broken Tackles - Fumble the ball more often

Catching CONSERVATIVE: FOCUS ON CATCH AGGRESSIVE: MAKE A BIG PLAY

+ Higher Catch Chance + Increased First Tackle Avoidance

- Less Broken Tackles after catch - More Dropped Passes

Tempo CONSERVATIVE: CHEW CLOCK AGGRESSIVE: HURRY-UP

+ Accelerated Game Clock + Get Set Quickly

- Less Time to Snap the Ball - Fatigue Faster

Cadence CONSERVATIVE: SILENT COUNT AGGRESSIVE: HARD COUNT

+ No False Starts + Higher Offensive Jump Snap Chance

- Lower Offensive Jump Snap Chance - More False Starts

Offensive Line Splits CONSERVATIVE: NARROW SPLITS AGGRESSIVE: WIDE SPLITS

+ Prevent Inside Blitzes + Bigger Running Lanes

- Smaller Running Lanes - Susceptible to Inside Blitzes

Run Blocking Scheme CONSERVATIVE: MAN BLOCKING AGGRESSIVE: ZONE BLOCKING

+ Block Assigned Man + Base, Backer, to Safety Progression

- Minimal upfield progression - Backside Defenders unblocked

Pass Offense CONSERVATIVE: QUICK ROUTES AGGRESSIVE: STRETCH THE FIELD

+ Receivers Look for Pass Immediately + Deeper Route Depth

- Shorter Route Depth - Receivers Look for Pass Later

DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN ADJUSTMENTS

Big Hits CONSERVATIVE: SURE TACKLE AGGRESSIVE: BIG HIT

+ Higher Tackle Chance + Always go for the Big Hit

- No Big Hits - Higher Chance of Personal Fouls

Strip Ball CONSERVATIVE: WRAP UP AGGRESSIVE: STRIP BALL

+ Less Broken Tackles + Higher Strip Ball Chance

- Lower Strip Ball Chance - More Broken Tackles

Zone Defense CONSERVATIVE: LOOSE ZONES AGGRESSIVE: TIGHT ZONES

+ Zone Depth is Deeper + Zone Depth is Shorter

- Higher Chance to Get Beat Short - Higher Chance to Get Beat Deep

Defensive Line CONSERVATIVE: AVOID OFFSIDES AGGRESSIVE: JUMP THE SNAP

+ Lower Offsides Chance + Higher Jump Snap Chance

- Lower Jump Snap Chance - Higher Offsides Chance

Pass Defense CONSERVATIVE: SWAT AGGRESSIVE: PICK

+ More Swats + More Interceptions

- Less Chance of Interceptions - Higher Chance of Pass Interference

Option Defense CONSERVATIVE: PLAY PITCH MAN AGGRESSIVE: PLAY QB

+ Focus on Pitch Man + Focus on Quarterback

- Leave Quarterback - Leave Pitch Man

QB Contain CONSERVATIVE: PLAY PASS AGGRESSIVE: PLAY QB

+ Cover Receivers in Zone + Stop QB Scramble

- Allow QB Scramble - More Open Receivers

Defensive Line Techniques CONSERVATIVE: 2-GAP AGGRESSIVE: 1-GAP

+ Occupy Blockers to free up Linebackers + Higher Chance of Backfield Disruption

- Less Chance of Making a Play in the Backfield - Susceptible to Screens and Playaction Pass

Linebackers CONSERVATIVE: READ PASS AGGRESSIVE: GAP READ

+ Initial Step toward Coverage Assignment + Initial Step toward Run Gap Assignment

- Susceptible to Screens and Draws - Susceptible to Playaction and Intermediate Pass

Safety Support CONSERVATIVE: ROLL COVERAGE AGGRESSIVE: LOAD BOX

+ Cloud Cover Keyed Receiver + Run Support

- Susceptible to Run - Susceptible to Playaction and Deep Pass

Rather than explaining all of the new adjustments here in this post, I'm open to questions and debate on each to further elaborate on them in the thread. Although there are specific (+) and (-) for each adjustment, some of them serve multiple purposes not listed - just lay term descriptions.

As you can see, there may be a lot to read in this post, but I'm not requesting a whole scale change; just enhancements to give coaches an identity when utilizing the "Ask Coach" option, and an extensive gameplan adjustment set to be implemented pre-game. I'd even take it a step further by also including the "Gameplan Adjustments" selection under "Coach Philosophy" where your opponent's adjustments will appear under "Scout Opponent" as well. However, I'd integrate your coach's rating in this respect. Your opponent's adjustments would be hidden, but with your coach rating, you could unlock a certain number of their adjustments; the higher the coach rating (grade), the more adjustments you can unlock and view.

Go easy on me, as this took hours to post using the table formatting. I'm not a programmer, but I think this "wish" shouldn't be difficult to implement. In an upcoming post, I'd also like to share with you my ideas for additional position audibles on the field. Anyway, please reply. I hope this thread doesn't get buried.

JeffHCross
08-13-2012, 08:42 PM
The Dynasty Wire scoring summary has a few issues. Most often, a safety is awarded to the offensive team, not the defensive team. So a 20-19 game, with a safety scored by the losing team, becomes 22-17 in the Scoring Summary. Also, a 2-pt conversion attempt shows as a kick attempt by the QB/HB/WR.

JeffHCross
08-18-2012, 10:38 PM
I can't decide if this is a "need", or even a "want" ... but I at least wouldn't mind if Scouting Time was available in the non-recruiting weeks (like CCG and bowl weeks).

JeffHCross
08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Bug(?): In bowl season, the "Award Winners" tab goes to dynasty/awardsemifinalists, and displays the award semi-finalists just like they were during the season. There's nothing to denote the order or who won the award. The Heisman is properly updated though.

baseballplyrmvp
08-19-2012, 09:24 PM
i want the recruiting/scouting time changed to 13 hours total, instead of 10/3. this would really come in handy, as you enter into the later parts of the season, having lost out on some other recruits, so that if you dont spend all of your phone time, you could put the extra time into scouting.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 10:24 PM
:+1: Make it 15, just 'cause 13 hours seems like a strange numeric choice.

baseballplyrmvp
08-19-2012, 11:17 PM
:+1: Make it 15, just 'cause 13 hours seems like a strange numeric choice.

i think with 15 hours and the current model though, you'd reach a point later on in the season where you'd still have a bunch of time left. the 2 less hours drags everything out at least a couple of weeks and keeps some mystery to some of the lesser rated players on your board.

however, if they got rid of the randomness of scouting, and made it to where you could pick which items you wanted to scout (possibly multiple times?), then i'd be in favor of having 15 combined hours.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I agree that you'd end up with too much time, I just thought "You have 13 hours!" sounded strange, simply from a number perspective. :)

baseballplyrmvp
08-19-2012, 11:32 PM
:D ya, it does.

Jota 3
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
they need dynamic rivalries, where if u are competitive with the same team for multiple years, you became rivals with them

souljahbill
09-02-2012, 09:39 AM
In the players leaving portion of offseason, there needs to be a way to view the depth chart. I can't promise a kid he'll play if I don't have the ability to see where he is on the depth chart.

WildBucFan13
09-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Not only have the ability to add teambuilder teams without having to replace another team, but have this ability each off season. This may be in the "too hard to do" box due to scheduling.

TIMB0B
09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Not only have the ability to add teambuilder teams without having to replace another team, but have this ability each off season. This may be in the "too hard to do" box due to scheduling.:easy:

It could be done if they create an entire division of generic FCS teams. You'd have to have a minimum of 124 teams to match the FBS teams, in case every team scheduled an FCS team the same week. And to go along with it, generic conferences. They could actually take the current generic FCS team names, and use those as conferences for the FCS schools: FCS West (Conference), FCS Southwest (Conf.), FCS East (Conf.), etc. Then, have the FCS conferences swap/add/reducible with teams like we currently can with the FBS ones. So, if you wanted to have an entire Teambuilder conference, you swap/add/reduce until you have the desired number of teams in that conference without affecting any FBS conferences. Or, like with South Alabama being left out, you could replace a generic FCS team, then move USA to their FBS conference. Also, Teambuilder could add a "create a conference logo" that could be swapped with these generic FCS conferences as well.

souljahbill
09-15-2012, 10:09 AM
:easy:

It could be done if they create an entire division of generic FCS teams. You'd have to have a minimum of 124 teams to match the FBS teams, in case every team scheduled an FCS team the same week. And to go along with it, generic conferences. They could actually take the current generic FCS team names, and use those as conferences for the FCS schools: FCS West (Conference), FCS Southwest (Conf.), FCS East (Conf.), etc. Then, have the FCS conferences swap/add/reducible with teams like we currently can with the FBS ones. So, if you wanted to have an entire Teambuilder conference, you swap/add/reduce until you have the desired number of teams in that conference without affecting any FBS conferences. Or, like with South Alabama being left out, you could replace a generic FCS team, then move USA to their FBS conference. Also, Teambuilder could add a "create a conference logo" that could be swapped with these generic FCS conferences as well.

The idea may be :easy: but the execution/programming may not be as :easy: as we think it should be.

TIMB0B
09-15-2012, 10:13 AM
The idea may be :easy: but the execution/programming may not be as :easy: as we think it should be.:(

JeffHCross
09-23-2012, 04:00 PM
If am not logged in, I can browse a dynasty that I'm not a member of, and check stats, standings, rosters, etc.

If I am logged in, perhaps because I'm not a member of any dynasty, any of those links send me back to the home page. Though I think I wouldn't be able to do that if I was a member of a dynasty either.

JeffHCross
10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
If am not logged in, I can browse a dynasty that I'm not a member of, and check stats, standings, rosters, etc.

If I am logged in, perhaps because I'm not a member of any dynasty, any of those links send me back to the home page. Though I think I wouldn't be able to do that if I was a member of a dynasty either.Probably a related issue (and definitely the fact that I'm not logged in), but when I was browsing the Powerhouse OD and I clicked on "Stats", I got some random other OD's statistics. Every other tab gives me the Powerhouse OD data.

blkkrptnt819
10-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Dynasty
* Scouting Report
o Top Ten Plays Offensive/Defensive to Practice Against (With Hot Route if Ran That Way)
o Top 10 Pass Plays/Run Plays (With Hot Routes)
o Top Ten Plays in each Situation Offensive/Defensive (e.g. 1st, 1st and Short, 2nd and Long/ Medium/Short etc.)
o Run/Pass Ratio
o Completion Percentage Short/Medium/Long, Left/Right/Center
o Blitz Ratio (Down and Distance)
o Man/Zone Coverage Ratio (Down and Distance)
o Man/Zone Blitz Ratio (Down and Distance)

* Transferable Dynasty - This HAS to happen. And this feature needs to be able to handle dynasties for this generation or have an online converter.

* Coaches Having Ratings Which Affects the Play on the Field
o Such as Physical and Skill Training Ratings
o A scouting rating that allows for more/less attributes to be uncovered based on the rating
o Gives each coach a specialty e.g. QB, HB, TE, OLB, CB, etc.

* Duplicate Numbers Please
o Also the ability to have more collegiate number and less pro numbering

* Medical Redshirt

* Customizable Offseason Training Program Based on Position
o Give Exercises that Work only on Certain Groups of Attributes
o Put in Order of Importance and Only Allowed to Pick a Certain Amount

* Fix Ranking System
o Too Much Dependence on Conference Prestige and Not Enough on SoS

* Conference Prestige for Indy Need to be Tweak

* Ability to tell a recruit they are being recruited for a different position
o Helps with Playing Time Pitch

* Dynamic Player Progression
o = Potential + Playing Time + Production(Evokes Confidence) + Coaching + Playing Style + Training

* Program Builder
o Earn Points for 10 Win Seasons, Rivalry Wins, Bowl Wins, Bowl Invites, BCS Invites, BCS Bowl Wins
o NCs, Finishing the season Ranked, Beating Ranked Teams, Post Season Award Winners/All-Americans
o Points can be used to Purchased Uniforms, Stadium Upgrades, Campus Upgrades

* Ability to Watch Other Users OD Games

* Keep Historical Data for 10 Seasons
o Recruiting Ranking, Final Ranking, Schedule with W-L-T, Score and Stats of Each Game

*More soft verbals that don't fully commit until signing day
o 2 Presentations for these commits 1) The hat picking ceremony 2) showing the letter of intent coming off the printer with name of the school printing off last

baseballplyrmvp
10-20-2012, 03:04 PM
if we arent given the ability, next year, to pick which ratings we want to scout, i'd like the ability to set a top 5 priorities list for ratings for each position (even top 3 would work). these top 3/5 would be the first ones to unlock when a recruit gets scouted; after they've been unlocked, the randomness factor comes back.

JeffHCross
10-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I agree, MVP. Especially late in the year, I found myself frustrated that there were only one or two ratings I REALLY needed to know (especially when I was comparing 3-5 different recruits), but it would take weeks to get the time to scout those players.

For me, the most disappointing thing about scouting is how wrong the ratings can be. In the past, you knew that a QB had B THA, for example. That could be anywhere between 83 and 87, if memory serves, but you knew basically where it was. Now a QB with B in THA can practically be anything between A and D. D guys are obviously rare, but I'm sure it's possible.

I had an idea a few years ago about a new rating that could have been added, but wouldn't be "known". It would have a chance to be wrong. And, if I'm remembering my idea correctly, it would be more likely to be right for top-end players than for lesser players. I think that's what I'm missing from scouting. There's no more likelihood, it feels, for a :5star:'s ratings to be accurate than a :1star:'s. So now we've gotten to the point that I can't trust any rating.

blkkrptnt819
10-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Duplicate

blkkrptnt819
10-29-2012, 03:53 PM
if we arent given the ability, next year, to pick which ratings we want to scout, i'd like the ability to set a top 5 priorities list for ratings for each position (even top 3 would work). these top 3/5 would be the first ones to unlock when a recruit gets scouted; after they've been unlocked, the randomness factor comes back.

Yes!!! This needs to happen next year.

baseballplyrmvp
11-10-2012, 08:00 PM
need to add the option to sort the recruits by if they're a juco or not.

JeffHCross
11-10-2012, 09:28 PM
need to add the option to sort the recruits by if they're a juco or not.I would love to have an additional option in the Search screen; JUCO: Included, None, or Only. Sometimes I'm only interested in seeing JUCOs, but that requires a line by line look through the prospects.

baseballplyrmvp
11-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I would love to have an additional option in the Search screen; JUCO: Included, None, or Only. Sometimes I'm only interested in seeing JUCOs, but that requires a line by line look through the prospects.

pretty much exactly what i'm thinking.

SmoothPancakes
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
need to add the option to sort the recruits by if they're a juco or not.

Fuck, I think I've been awake and working for too long today. I opened this thread and immediately my brain read and thought you were saying that they need to add an option to sort the recruits by if they're on the juice or not. :D :sf:

baseballplyrmvp
11-10-2012, 10:02 PM
that could be an option too :D

JeffHCross
12-10-2012, 10:40 PM
The Top 25 formulas need re-worked to not be so reliant on W-L record. At the very least, some added aspect of strength-of-schedule calculation would be very welcome. Too many times has a X-0 team from a lesser conference jumped deserving teams with more difficult schedules. Even when the team with the more difficult schedule was also X-0.

On a related note, I see no reason that there is no computer polls depicted in the BCS in-game.

gschwendt
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
The Top 25 formulas need re-worked to not be so reliant on W-L record. At the very least, some added aspect of strength-of-schedule calculation would be very welcome. Too many times has a X-0 team from a lesser conference jumped deserving teams with more difficult schedules. Even when the team with the more difficult schedule was also X-0.

On a related note, I see no reason that there is no computer polls depicted in the BCS in-game.
For discussion/examples of this, from our OD.

Below are each of the teams that finished the Top 6 in the BCS poll before bowl games and their opponents. Rank is where that opponent finished in the BCS and the result (Win/Loss).

#1 Pitt
12-0

#2 FL St.
12-0

#3 'zona
12-0

#4 Mich
11-1

#5 Texas
11-1

#6 ND
11-1

Opponent
W/L

Opponent
W/L

Opponent
W/L

Opponent
W/L

Opponent
W/L

Opponent
W/L

UConn
W

Arkansas
W

UConn
W

Wisconsin
W

ND
W

Texas
L

UConn
W

Alabama
W

Cal
W

ND
L

LSU
W

Ohio St.
W

TAMU
W

Houston
W

Michigan
L

Michigan
W

Miami
W

Texas
W

Ohio St.
W

Navy
W

#12 LSU
W

Ohio St.
W

Oregon
W

Oregon
W

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 11:42 AM
if we arent given the ability, next year, to pick which ratings we want to scout, i'd like the ability to set a top 5 priorities list for ratings for each position (even top 3 would work). these top 3/5 would be the first ones to unlock when a recruit gets scouted; after they've been unlocked, the randomness factor comes back.:+1:, again, though with a twist. I have a ridiculous number of ATHs on my board, and for all of them I already have a position in mind that I'm interested in. Instead of letting me pick 3 to 5 attributes to see first, why not let me say "Scout as QB" or "Scout as HB". There'd be backend logic to add there, but if the QB-related or HB-related attributes opened first, I'd be a lot happier about scouting ATHs.

ATHs are particularly a nightmare because it takes three full hours to fully scout a single one. If you have 10 ATHs to scout, and you scout no one but them, that's 9 weeks of the season (plus pre-season) before they're fully scouted.

baseballplyrmvp
01-03-2013, 09:50 AM
it'd be nice to see a list of who made the different bowl games on the dynasty wire site.

JeffHCross
01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Ohio State added a linebacker to their 2013 class today. One of the items about him is that he set a record at the SPARQ Combine, something like 157.30. I don't immediately recall SPARQ scores in game being anywhere close to that.

baseballplyrmvp
01-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Ohio State added a linebacker to their 2013 class today. One of the items about him is that he set a record at the SPARQ Combine, something like 157.30. I don't immediately recall SPARQ scores in game being anywhere close to that.

107.9 is the highest i've ever seen in the game. the scores in real life really taken off though in the last couple of years.

SmoothPancakes
01-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Damn. I'll have to pay more attention to SPARQ scores. I don't really look at everyone to see the highest. I just look at people who are interested in playing at Tulsa, which the highest I've ever seen for an interested recruit for Tulsa was 76.00.

JeffHCross
01-05-2013, 09:49 PM
107.9 is the highest i've ever seen in the game. the scores in real life really taken off though in the last couple of years.It does seem like they have. I find it hard to believe that 11 kids from Ohio were all better than Reggie Bush and Tim Tebow.

Damn. I'll have to pay more attention to SPARQ scores. I don't really look at everyone to see the highest. I just look at people who are interested in playing at Tulsa, which the highest I've ever seen for an interested recruit for Tulsa was 76.00.I don't pay any attention to them in-game, Smooth. Not when I'm recruiting, at least. I think they're based on the original pre-scouting ratings, which makes them not all that useful now.

But I saw that Mitchell had a ridiculously high score, and thought NCAA might need to up their scores to reflect the trend in real SPARQ scores.

SmoothPancakes
01-05-2013, 10:11 PM
It does seem like they have. I find it hard to believe that 11 kids from Ohio were all better than Reggie Bush and Tim Tebow.

I don't pay any attention to them in-game, Smooth. Not when I'm recruiting, at least. I think they're based on the original pre-scouting ratings, which makes them not all that useful now.

But I saw that Mitchell had a ridiculously high score, and thought NCAA might need to up their scores to reflect the trend in real SPARQ scores.

Oh no, I don't really pay attention to them either. About the only time I really look at SPARQ scores in-game is when comparing multiple recruits in the same position on my board, if their stats are pretty close and OVR is similar, I sometimes tend to favor the player with the higher SPARQ than one with a lower score.

I was just mentioning paying attention to them just out of curiosity to see what's the highest SPARQ score I ever come across during all my years in my dynasty.

JeffHCross
01-05-2013, 11:37 PM
With Toughest Places to Play now being much more dynamic, and directly impacting the Stadium Atmosphere recruiting pitch, I think it's important that the Average Attendance fluctuate much more dramatically. I didn't pay attention to what FSU's attendance was at the beginning of the dynasty, and I know the team suffered two 5-7 seasons while they were not under my control, but I'm in the midst of a 21 game winning streak, and the defending national champion, and I'm still averaging only 66,000, out of an 82,000 capacity. There's no reason that FSU shouldn't be the hottest ticket in town under those conditions.

TIMB0B
01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
With Toughest Places to Play now being much more dynamic, and directly impacting the Stadium Atmosphere recruiting pitch, I think it's important that the Average Attendance fluctuate much more dramatically. I didn't pay attention to what FSU's attendance was at the beginning of the dynasty, and I know the team suffered two 5-7 seasons while they were not under my control, but I'm in the midst of a 21 game winning streak, and the defending national champion, and I'm still averaging only 66,000, out of an 82,000 capacity. There's no reason that FSU shouldn't be the hottest ticket in town under those conditions.

Is Stadium Atmosphere the same as Fanbase?

JeffHCross
01-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Stadium Atmosphere is the name of the recruiting pitch. I don't immediately recall what Fan Base is.

baseballplyrmvp
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Stadium Atmosphere is the name of the recruiting pitch. I don't immediately recall what Fan Base is.

i think fan base was the name of the recruiting pitch last year. how its been changed, other than its name, i dont know.

Schauwn
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
I would like, instead of having to pick which pitch to pitch one at a time while recruiting, let me pick all the pitches at once and then complete the phone call. For example: If I want to spend 30 minutes on a recruit, instead of having to pick 1 topic, wait to see what his response is, wait for the pitch selection screen to show up again, and then repeat 2 more times. Let me pick all 3 topics: Playing Time, Coach Prestige, Prox to Home, and then show me what the score was for each pitch. Dont know how hard it would be to keep the compare pitch/hard sell/find prosp rating option with this

TIMB0B
01-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I would like, instead of having to pick which pitch to pitch one at a time while recruiting, let me pick all the pitches at once and then complete the phone call. For example: If I want to spend 30 minutes on a recruit, instead of having to pick 1 topic, wait to see what his response is, wait for the pitch selection screen to show up again, and then repeat 2 more times. Let me pick all 3 topics: Playing Time, Coach Prestige, Prox to Home, and then show me what the score was for each pitch. Dont know how hard it would be to keep the compare pitch/hard sell/find prosp rating option with this

Good idea. Anyway to cut corners to speed up the calling process. The same should be done for scouting. Depending on the time allotted, you pick whichever skills you want to evaluate all at once.

JeffHCross
01-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I would like, instead of having to pick which pitch to pitch one at a time while recruiting, let me pick all the pitches at once and then complete the phone call. For example: If I want to spend 30 minutes on a recruit, instead of having to pick 1 topic, wait to see what his response is, wait for the pitch selection screen to show up again, and then repeat 2 more times. Let me pick all 3 topics: Playing Time, Coach Prestige, Prox to Home, and then show me what the score was for each pitch. Dont know how hard it would be to keep the compare pitch/hard sell/find prosp rating option with thisPlllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeeeeeeeee!

I'd be even happier if it gave you an option either way. Sometimes I know all six pitches I want to use. Sometimes I don't. So I wouldn't mind being able to pick up to 6 at a time, but still having the option for one at a time.

Keeping the Find/Compare/Sell option would be pretty easy ... it could be something like this.

Pick your six pitches:
Pitch 1 (select with left stick) -- right stick left/right -- Select Find/Sell/Compare (select with left stick)
etc etc

The harder part, in my head, is how to keep the selection of all the promises / weeks for visits in a mechanic that looked like that. I've probably oversimplified it too much.

Schauwn
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I dont follow, if they had "schedule visit" available, then that becomes one of your pitches and instead of the find/sell/compare scroll, change the scroll to wk 8, 11, 12 or whatever weeks the recruit is available for home games.

baseballplyrmvp
01-07-2013, 09:41 PM

i like the current model right now, but i understand your point. this would save a buttload of time.

JeffHCross
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I dont follow, if they had "schedule visit" available, then that becomes one of your pitches and instead of the find/sell/compare scroll, change the scroll to wk 8, 11, 12 or whatever weeks the recruit is available for home games.Possibly. I just couldn't think of how to do it without it becoming overly cumbersome. But maybe you've got the right idea.

Oooh! After you scroll through the pitches with the left stick, the next option could be "Promise", and then you could scroll through all the available promises with the right-stick (like you scrolled through the available options for the pitches with the right stick). Something like that.

acropora52
01-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Dynasty

* Transferable Dynasty - This HAS to happen. And this feature needs to be able to handle dynasties for this generation or have an online converter.

* Medical Redshirt

* Customizable Offseason Training Program Based on Position
o Give Exercises that Work only on Certain Groups of Attributes
o Put in Order of Importance and Only Allowed to Pick a Certain Amount

* Fix Ranking System
o Too Much Dependence on Conference Prestige and Not Enough on SoS

* Ability to tell a recruit they are being recruited for a different position
o Helps with Playing Time Pitch

* Dynamic Player Progression
o = Potential + Playing Time + Production(Evokes Confidence) + Coaching + Playing Style + Training

* Ability to Watch Other Users OD Games

* Keep Historical Data for 10 Seasons
o Recruiting Ranking, Final Ranking, Schedule with W-L-T, Score and Stats of Each Game

*More soft verbals that don't fully commit until signing day
o 2 Presentations for these commits 1) The hat picking ceremony 2) showing the letter of intent coming off the printer with name of the school printing off last

:up::up:

I like the idea of a JUCO filter.

Another thing that occurred in years past but doesn't now is that I'd like for there to be the occasional 1-2 star who was as good or better then a 4-5 star. I think it was NCAA 2010 where I had a 2 star athlete who ended up coming in with 98 speed and became a 94 ovr Heisman winner as a senior. Recent history has shown us that there are great players who were 1-2 stars as well as walkons. To be honest, if you had a more dynamic in season progression i.e. if your FR running back wins the Heisman, he's going to jump in the offseason. Conversely, if you're preseason AA junior MLB who is 93 overall has a disappointing year or your upperclassman QB throws too many ints, his OVR drops.

In terms of scouting, allow more time in season.
10 hours of recruiting time should be divided up as you see fit. If I want to send all my coaches and spend all my time on the elite tailback that's going to complete my championship team, let me pursue him. I also wish there would be a more dynamic range for incoming recruits...i.e. no cap on the max that a FR is (seems like 82 is the highest I've seen one) but with more guys sitting at 65-70. It seems that almost all decent 4-5 stars are 76-80 and there are few guys that are so elite that bidding wars occur. There is little downside to just going for the next tier of 4 stars as opposed to just going for all 5 stars.

psuexv
01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Here's a question and maybe I just don't quite understand how things work. But in regards to disconnects when playing user games in ODs. Why can't the session be held open and the user that got booted be able to rejoin the game?

With all of the Multi-user games like COD, BF3 you can join mid match and are right in the action. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that in NCAA it's more of a peer connection where those others you are playing off of a specified server, but is it possible to keep the session open and be able to reconnect?

JeffHCross
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM
With all of the Multi-user games like COD, BF3 you can join mid match and are right in the action. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that in NCAA it's more of a peer connection where those others you are playing off of a specified server, but is it possible to keep the session open and be able to reconnect?It's possible but wouldn't be the simplest thing in the world. You're absolutely right that the primary difference is the P2P architecture of the NCAA multiplayer versus a server-based system.

That said, that would be awesome.

psusnoop
01-10-2013, 11:37 AM

This would be really nice, I do enjoy the recruiting aspect but there is room to make it much less redundant each week too.

It's possible but wouldn't be the simplest thing in the world. You're absolutely right that the primary difference is the P2P architecture of the NCAA multiplayer versus a server-based system.

That said, that would be awesome.

:+1:

JeffHCross
01-17-2013, 07:46 PM
When you're creating a new Dynasty, I would like to see "Roster" added to the list of main items. It can be difficult to remember to go load the roster you want to use. I imagine there are some out there that wouldn't figure it out -- or they just luck into it by only having one roster on their system.

It's compounded by the fact that it seems overly complicated to get a different roster to auto-load as your "default". Loading it and then saving your profile doesn't seem to work anymore.

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 12:47 AM
They should add some scouting hours to the Bowl Week. Most coaching staffs are splitting time between the bowl and recruiting at that point.

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2013, 09:32 AM
They should add some scouting hours to the Bowl Week. Most coaching staffs are splitting time between the bowl and recruiting at that point.

unless they brought in underclassmen at that point, i dont think additional scouting time at that point would get used a whole lot as most people would already have everyone on their recruiting board already scouted.

SmoothPancakes
01-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, scouting wouldn't be a big deal. I'm in week 11 of my current season, and even with 31 people on my board (half signed, half not signed), I added three new players to my board this week just so I could use up the remaining two hours and 10 minutes of scouting that I had left over. Now call time, I could go for some more. I always have to go on a mad dash like a bat out of hell come week 1 of off-season recruiting as I usually have anywhere from 5-10 scholarships still sitting there waiting for players to commit. A number of seasons now I've gone into week 5 of the off-season, only then getting the last couple players to finally commit to me. I would mind even say just 5 hours during the bowl season to do some minor recruiting and try to get a couple players to sign then, take some of the burden off from the off-season recruiting.

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
decommitments are an absolute must. imagine all the fun the offseason recruiting periods would become in trying to sway recruits at the last moment (especially the week 5 visit).

ryby6969
01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah, offseason recruiting is stale now that they got rid of the "new" recruits. Pretty much a waste of 5 weeks.

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
unless they brought in underclassmen at that point, i dont think additional scouting time at that point would get used a whole lot as most people would already have everyone on their recruiting board already scouted.100% scouted? I sure as hell don't. Gonna need three weeks into the off-season to get them all. Plus I just found two more targets this week.

baseballplyrmvp
01-18-2013, 08:19 PM
100% scouted? I sure as hell don't. Gonna need three weeks into the off-season to get them all. Plus I just found two more targets this week.

i guess this would depend on how many position players you're going after. i dont target that many athletes. going into week 1 of the offseason recruiting of the tgt360 od, i had 23 of my 24 players fully scouted. the one who wasnt was at 70%.

SmoothPancakes
01-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Damn! I've got every single player (out of currently 30, with a couple dropped midway through the season) 100% scouted in my current season, and even added three in week 10 just so I could use up my 2:40 of scouting time left over. By week 12, all three of those are 100% scouted. Granted, I don't have and haven't added a single Athlete in my current season, but even with 4 or 5 Athletes last season, I still had everyone on my board (34 players at one time mid-season) 100% scouted before the bowl games.

JeffHCross
01-18-2013, 09:28 PM
i guess this would depend on how many position players you're going after. i dont target that many athletes.There's the rub, good point. My board is quite full of ATHs. And I've dumped a few ATHs that I spent at least some time on early in the season. That's one thing I've been doing, since my board thinned down late in the year (once I had like 15 guys signed), is start looking for Gems or other nice players among those left. Give them a full 60 or so to get a good feel for them. Figured if the other guys were already signed, didn't really matter if they were fully scouted. But now I'm getting late in the year and I want them all scouted :D

I've got five ATHs signed, had one that got away, and another two that I spent some time on and didn't like. That's a lot of hours, right there.

baseballplyrmvp
01-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah, offseason recruiting is stale now that they got rid of the "new" recruits. Pretty much a waste of 5 weeks.

yep. there is zero to do when you have 80% of your recruits committed before week 1. they could build in a frequency meter (work the same as difficulty level) for the recruits decommitting....something like many, average, few or off for the number of decommitments you'd see.

JeffHCross
01-19-2013, 11:41 PM
The problem is how do you have decommits without people feeling screwed? I think the easier answer is more Soft Commits.

baseballplyrmvp
01-19-2013, 11:54 PM
The problem is how do you have decommits without people feeling screwed? I think the easier answer is more Soft Commits.

if they removed the hard commit in season and just made it so that every recruit was listed as a soft commit, that would help. but the hard commit now, treats it as a signed LOI, and that shouldnt be the case.

aside from that though, decommitments happen for a reason. if you get a commitment from a recruit, and never talk to him again, you deserve to have him decommit on you. i think a system could be created that would make it very easy to keep your recruits committed to you. (ie: getting a commitment starts you out with a 500 point lead over the #2 school. if the #2 school is able to get your lead to under 100 points, the recruit decommits from you. numbers are just thrown out there, and a slider for the amount of decommitments could raise/lower those point values.) if the system was totally random, though, then yeah, people would feel screwed. but again, if you made the effort to keep your recruit, it should be hard to lose him, unless you're a 1* school trying to keep a 5* recruit over alabama, ohio state, USC, etc.

JeffHCross
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Well, as it is now, a commitment jumps you to +2000. They could keep that and just have the player stay open.

They shouldn't totally remove Hard commits though. It's obviously not realistic now, but there are some kids IRL that will commit and have no chance of wavering. So there should still be some hards, just not so many.

baseballplyrmvp
01-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Well, as it is now, a commitment jumps you to +2000. They could keep that and just have the player stay open. seems a bit much, especially if you were listed as only 1 point behind. but agreed in the sense that recruits, after they commit, need to be able to be talked to.

They shouldn't totally remove Hard commits though. It's obviously not realistic now, but there are some kids IRL that will commit and have no chance of wavering. So there should still be some hards, just not so many.

i think they could combine an aspect that they have now with this, rather than randomly programming the chances a kid will waver on his commitment.

when at the players leaving stage, they have the little meter telling you how likely it is to change that player's mind (think the stages are very low, low, average, above average, high, very high?)....they could bring that in here for use after the recruit commits, and use it to show how likely the kid will hold in his commitment. its very true that some kids shut down their recruiting very early, but that doesnt mean that coaches stop recruiting them. that scale could then be used here, in how likely the recruit will decommit. the rank he comes in at would be totally random, but you should still have a shot at swaying him to become a solid commit.

varying levels of a commitment? i like it.

JeffHCross
01-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Wouldn't want it to be totally random (e.g. if I was the only school that recruited a kid, he should be less likely to decommit), but otherwise yes.

baseballplyrmvp
01-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't want it to be totally random (e.g. if I was the only school that recruited a kid, he should be less likely to decommit), but otherwise yes.

it'd have to be totally random, but the more you talk to him after he commits, the less likely he would be to decommit. and for him to decommit, there'd have to be a reason for it (ie: have a very high reason to decommit and a lead over the second place school of less than 100 points or so). if you're the only school on his list, he shouldnt decommit.

however, if they could tie his committedness (if thats a word :D) to how big of a lead you had when he made his commitment, that could be an easy starting point. you would have to continue to talk to him in order to solidify his commitment, and other schools would either try to downsway him or build themselves up.

this brings up another hell of a problem in how does the cpu get reprogrammed to handle committed recruits? :fp:

JeffHCross
01-21-2013, 09:39 PM
The CPU is one reason why, while it's not necessarily realistic, I'd lean toward the "instantly up to +2000" idea. That shouldn't require much reprogramming.

illwill10
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Definitely want Decommitting, but I would it solid and not random.

One way it could be solid is if it depends on recruiting pitches. Since recruiting pitches are dynamic now, they could have it where if one of your pitches that your recruit covets decreases their interest could decreases, even if they committed. Like if the recruits prefers winning teams and you start losing games, you could automatically losing points. Or if the recruits covets Coach Loyalty and the coaches jumps at another school, I would like to see recruits decommits. Imagine, one of your rival teams signs a recruit you covet and the team loses it coach and the players decommits and your and to snag the recruit.

- I want to see is the ability to edit recruits or allow users to download other people recruiting class. I think that is something that could give Dynasty more replay-ability after 4+ seasons.

-I think the Team Specific Ratings(from Madden) is something that could really improve recruiting and dynasty as a whole. Each recruit could have a playstyle attached to him dictated by their ratings. I.E. a small fast RB would be considered a spread back. It would be nice to see teams like Texas Tech going after QBs with high THA. Or a team like ORE go after smaller fast RBs. I would like to see the teams scheme to change once the coach leaves(unless same scheme).

-Coach Grades. Like Recruiting, Playcalling(may go to OC/DC), Teaching(progression), and Motivation(game day boosts). It could A-F grading system. I would like to see OC/DCs have them. For example a HC with A+ Recruiting will consistently get top 10 classes, while C+ coaches are more likely to get a gem recruit rather than a top recruit. If a A+ recruiting HC get busts than his grade will go down. I would like playcalling be tied to a playcalling grade.

- OC/DCs having a bigger effect in Dynasty. I would like to hire the OC/DC if I am the HC. I would like the option to have your OC/DC call the plays. Like instead of Ask Coach or Corso(whatever it is), it could be Ask OC/DC. Something I would like to see is OC/DCs suggests players to recruit. It could go with the recruiting grade of OC/DC and scheme specific overall. I.E. there could be a section where OC/DC suggestions. Where they have recruits that can fit their scheme.

baseballplyrmvp
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
this is fucking retarded. player progression NEEDS to have stat based progression play a larger part into its equation. its not even a question of if it should, its a must!

case in point: we just got past the offseason training results in the TGT360 od, inbetween seasons 2 and 3. i chose to be the oc at arizona state my first year and selected michael eubank as my starter. there were 4 qbs on the roster, all of which were within 2 overall points of each other. eubank was the starter all of his freshman season. he passed for 4600 yards, and roughly 45 tds. the backup, who was the same overall rating, only had like 20 passes or so over the course of the whole season.

season 1's offseason's training results have eubank and the backup listed as the same overall going into season 2. season 2 happens, and eubank wins the heisman. he throws for 6100 yards and 58 TD passes!!! the backup? 6 passes all season! this should be a no-brainer! yet, going after the offseason training period, eubank and his backup will be the same overall again, going into season 3 of this od! :fp: how is it possible that one qb who throws for close to 11,000 yards and over 100 td passes in 2 seasons progresses at the same rate that his backup does, who's only thrown around 30 passes his whole career?!?! what the hell!

/end rant

JeffHCross
01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Is it possible the backup had a higher :1star: rating in recruiting? That would indicate a higher potential/progression, most likely.

baseballplyrmvp
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Is it possible the backup had a higher :1star: rating in recruiting? That would indicate a higher potential/progression, most likely.

they were both on the default roster. eubank was a rs frosh, while the backup was a rs soph. eubank is now a rs jr, and the backup is a rs sr. this shouldnt even be about potential and progression. i'm talking 11,000 yards passing and over 100 td passes compared to 30 career passes and maybe 2 td passes. and they're progressing at the same rate? thats just stupid!

i'm not even gonna bring up my 3rd string qb, who's also a rs sr. when we started in this od, he was only 1 ovr point behind eubank, and is now sitting at 3 points behind him as a rs sr. he hasnt thrown a single pass in his entire career!

onikuno
01-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Here's an idea I haven't seen anywhere else (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dynamic Rivalries

Like most of you I play the hell out of Dynasty. I have even played 60 season on NCAA 12 and thought of a few ideas. This is one of them.

With the addition of Custom Conferences the past few years you're only limited by your own imagination. Say you want to go nuts one day and move Florida to the Pac 12. Why would you? Just because. And as you play season after season you start to have really competitive, exciting, and close games with USC. It becomes a trend, and over say 20 seasons or so it becomes one of the marquee games of the season. Yet, it'll never be mentioned in commentary, or the history both teams have with each other. How important has this game become in the grand scheme of things? What if that gets brought up? Maybe the game atmosphere is different. The crowd is more hostile, each play adds more tension to the crowd. Maybe, during a game break you even see saved highlights from games from ten years ago and get a reminder what makes this new rivalry so amazing. Maybe, you could go so far as to create a new rivalry trophy to award the winner. MAYBE even set the game at a neutral location ala OU/Texas or UF/UGA.

Granted there are some audio and crowd noise improvements that would be needed to amplify this idea. But it gives you a reason to have replay value and give you a new game to look forward to that you may not be accustomed to. Maybe you have star ratings for current and developing rivalries to get an idea of what the marquee games are. For all we know Alabama and Texas A&M could become the new marquee SEC matchup for years to come? Why not do the same in the game?

JeffHCross
01-29-2013, 07:30 PM
It's been mentioned quite a few times, but it can never hurt to be mentioned again. I'd love to see it!

OSUCowboyofMD
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
That'd be awesome! :nod:

KIDZER0918
02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
I would love to see a team "hall of fame" nothing special but maybe at the end of the season when graduations comes around where you click around to check out all of your players that are leaving stats, you can add that player and all of his accomplishments to a wall of fame or something. Then later on in the dynasty cycle you can go in there and click on a few names just to remember how good some of those guys where. You can see all of their stats, attributes, awards, records they broke, and all American or all conference recognitions.

KIDZER0918
02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
they were both on the default roster. eubank was a rs frosh, while the backup was a rs soph. eubank is now a rs jr, and the backup is a rs sr. this shouldnt even be about potential and progression. i'm talking 11,000 yards passing and over 100 td passes compared to 30 career passes and maybe 2 td passes. and they're progressing at the same rate? thats just stupid!

i'm not even gonna bring up my 3rd string qb, who's also a rs sr. when we started in this od, he was only 1 ovr point behind eubank, and is now sitting at 3 points behind him as a rs sr. he hasnt thrown a single pass in his entire career!

I'm surprised the backup didn't transfer!!

GatorBait06NC
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
this is fucking retarded. player progression NEEDS to have stat based progression play a larger part into its equation. its not even a question of if it should, its a must!

case in point: we just got past the offseason training results in the TGT360 od, inbetween seasons 2 and 3. i chose to be the oc at arizona state my first year and selected michael eubank as my starter. there were 4 qbs on the roster, all of which were within 2 overall points of each other. eubank was the starter all of his freshman season. he passed for 4600 yards, and roughly 45 tds. the backup, who was the same overall rating, only had like 20 passes or so over the course of the whole season.

season 1's offseason's training results have eubank and the backup listed as the same overall going into season 2. season 2 happens, and eubank wins the heisman. he throws for 6100 yards and 58 TD passes!!! the backup? 6 passes all season! this should be a no-brainer! yet, going after the offseason training period, eubank and his backup will be the same overall again, going into season 3 of this od! :fp: how is it possible that one qb who throws for close to 11,000 yards and over 100 td passes in 2 seasons progresses at the same rate that his backup does, who's only thrown around 30 passes his whole career?!?! what the hell!

/end rant

This. For example, what was Manziel's rating in NCAA 13 and what will it be in NCAA 14. Surely he will get a 20+ point jump. Players need a potential rating so that redshirts can progress a little. But player progression needs to be based on stats. This random 3-7 for each player is just completely stupid. Next year, if they get Florida's new field art, uniforms, and accessory color right I might take the time to go in depth and edit each team after each season based off of stats from the year before. Especially the starters. to make things look realistic.

Recruiting needs to be overhauled completely.

1. They need to fix the Top 100 players to make more defensive guys present. Past years it has been mainly RBs, WRs, and ATHs dominating the top 100.

2. Spring Practices and Spring game should return. Areas where players can add a few extra progression points.

3. Early enrollees should be feature and allowed to play in spring games and practices to progress a few points.

4. There should be a signing day or week where players can pick schools and top players can pick between their final 3. Instead of knowing where everyone goes.

5. They should update the Top 100 a few times during the year and they should stop adding 5 star recruits in offseason recruiting. Thats unreal.

6. JUCOs should have their own Top 50 or whatever. Keep them off the main boards. They need their own section.

7. TEAMS NEED TO SIGN ENOUGH PLAYERS AND THE RIGHT PLAYERS. No more teams with 8 Quarterbacks.

8. I'd like to play the Army and Under Armour all-american games. Or atleast be notified which recruits played in these games.

---ASIDE FROM RECRUITING.

-Like custom conferences, I am hoping that EA allows us to input the 4 team playoff in future years and assign which bowl games will host the first round.

-ALLOW US TO DUPLICATE NUMBERS. One per offense and one per defense. Or at least add the duplicate number glitch back.

-Fix poll logic.

-And again FIX PROGRESSION. Progression is so horrid. Progression should be only based on potential rating and stats from the previous year. Making 10-20 increases possible if a players plays that well.

baseballplyrmvp
02-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Recruiting needs to be overhauled completely.

1. They need to fix the Top 100 players to make more defensive guys present. Past years it has been mainly RBs, WRs, and ATHs dominating the top 100. agreed

2. Spring Practices and Spring game should return. Areas where players can add a few extra progression points. why? players are already way overrated. adding in another stage for them to progress, means that every 6* team will have a crapload of 99 OVR players.

3. Early enrollees should be feature and allowed to play in spring games and practices to progress a few points.recruits would need to have a randomized gpa in order for this to work. additionally, not every recruit should be able to enroll early because of their grades, even though they're labelled as an EE.

4. There should be a signing day or week where players can pick schools and top players can pick between their final 3. Instead of knowing where everyone goes. been asked for by a lot of people, but honestly, how many people would want to slow down the offseason, just so everyone has a chance to see the signing day show?

5. They should update the Top 100 a few times during the year and they should stop adding 5 star recruits in offseason recruiting. Thats unreal. they dont add recruits in the offseason anymore. i agree though, that the recruit rankings should shift a few times during the season.

6. JUCOs should have their own Top 50 or whatever. Keep them off the main boards. They need their own section. agreed

7. TEAMS NEED TO SIGN ENOUGH PLAYERS AND THE RIGHT PLAYERS. No more teams with 8 Quarterbacks. agreed. when cpu teams have a certain need for a position, they oversign and this causes problems with roster management.

8. I'd like to play the Army and Under Armour all-american games. Or atleast be notified which recruits played in these games. i dont see a point in being able to play the high school all star games. if people cant tell how good certain recruits are by looking at their ratings, playing just one game with those recruits isnt gonna help that person make up their mind. additionally, most 4 and 5* recruits (in the game) are already committed by week 1 of the offseason, and with no way for recruits to flip on their commitments, playing the high school all star games isnt gonna be something that will help with your recruitment of the recruit. i'd be fine with a visual though.

-Like custom conferences, I am hoping that EA allows us to input the 4 team playoff in future years and assign which bowl games will host the first round. chances are, this probably wont be up to the user. they'd probably just have the first round be random sites (or the current bcs bowl sites) with the final round being on a rotation between the 4 sites.

Or at least add the duplicate number glitch back. :fp: they're not gonna purposely add a glitch back into the game.

Progression should be only based on potential rating and stats from the previous year. :smh: potential? yes. stats from previous year? no. dynamic progression based on current year's performance? yes.

stats from the previous year shouldnt have any bearing on how a player is currently playing. manziel will probably be rated really high, but if he comes out and throws 4 ints in his first game and fumbles the ball twice, he'll be benched. if he does that in his second game too, there's a chance he could lose his starting spot.

JeffHCross
02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
If progression it's heavily influenced by stats, then you'll have a ton of OD players that run up the score against the CPU just to max out progression. It needs to be more dynamic, but letting stat-whores heavily influence that is a recipe for disaster.

If we're going to use stats as an influence, it should be on AWR ONLY. That's where most of Manziel's jump will be.

baseballplyrmvp
02-03-2013, 08:49 PM
If progression it's heavily influenced by stats, then you'll have a ton of OD players that run up the score against the CPU just to max out progression. It needs to be more dynamic, but letting stat-whores heavily influence that is a recipe for disaster.

If we're going to use stats as an influence, it should be on AWR ONLY. That's where most of Manziel's jump will be.

meh....i think they could use stat based progression, but it should also have a built in factors of needing sustained performance and meeting certain factors to keep increasing. there should be a "progression meter" that only grants progression to various ratings when sustained perfomrance reaches a certain level. any dropping off in performance, and the progression stops, until you are able to reach the magic level again.

ie: lets say on a game by game basis, progression for a qb can be anywhere from 1-3 points. a +1 jump could be throwing for 200 yards, 2 td's, 0 int's and completing 60% of your passes....these numbers would have to be sustained over, lets say, 2 games. a +2 jump would up those sustained numbers to maybe 350 yards, 4 TD's, 0 ints, and completing 63% of your passes. these numbers would have to be averaged for 3 games. a +3 jump for a qb would be 500 yards passing, 5+ TD's, 0 ints, and completing 67% of your passes for 5 games. however, if any one of the criteria numbers arent met, your progression stops....and you have to get back up to the sustained performance levels in order to start progressing again.

gschwendt
02-03-2013, 08:55 PM
If you're going to base progression from gameplay, make it number of snaps with a cap at a certain percentage. Then, to help stars shine more, give a small bonus (like +1 on a random rating) for each conference player of the week award they get in a season.

Capt Orygun
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I would like an online dynasty feature where a third party dynasty member could participate in player v player games via watch mode. Just log in and watch the game. Maybe it can't be done until the 720 comes out, but someday this would be great. Maybe even an app to download the game on to your phone, or have a sort of "DVR" feature on the online dynasty website.

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 01:49 PM
they should cut the recruiting database by about 500-750 recruits. This would make recruiting against the cpu harder, as more teams are competing for the top recruits, but it'd also help the cpu teams go after those 4 and 5* recruits that never get called during the season. additionally, for the schools losing out on the great recruits, they would be more inclined to go after the remaining 2-3* players, unless they're still in the hunt for some lower 4* players.

the game generates walk-ons anyways for schoos that dont meet their position requirements, so its not like anything new would be done. if anything, its makng the recruiting database more efficient, as you're just getting rid of the players who dont receive a single call over the whole season.

JeffHCross
02-17-2013, 04:23 PM
they should cut the recruiting database by about 500-750 recruits.Disagree. The size of the database is not the problem.

This would make recruiting against the cpu harderHow?

but it'd also help the cpu teams go after those 4 and 5* recruits that never get called during the seasonI don't think so. I think the existing problem is that the CPU doesn't re-evaluate their board properly. I did a simulation a few weeks back, and when I got to the end of the season (with full recruiting assistance turned on), I only had something like 10 guys on my board, and they were all signed. For some reason the CPU wasn't re-evaluating at all.

additionally, for the schools losing out on the great recruits, they would be more inclined to go after the remaining 2-3* players, unless they're still in the hunt for some lower 4* players.Now, that is true. If there were less top end players (whether or not there should be is another discussion), more 3* players would have to be in the mix. But that would require more 3* players that actually have ability. Like an AJ Hawk (who came in as a 3* and ended up starting at the end of his freshman year).

the game generates walk-ons anyways for schoos that dont meet their position requirements, so its not like anything new would be done.Except, normally, those walk-ons suck. So you're just filling more teams with bad players (since the CPU has horrible cut logic, that might compound the problem).

I don't know how the game could possibly replicate this, but one thing a lot of us have commented on over the years is that there's not enough offers going around for the top players. The reason for this is pretty simple ... there are only 35 offers to go around, and you have to be somewhat efficient with them.

Ohio State, for 2014, has already made 119 offers (http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/football/2012/01/2014). That's how, in real life, some of the top players can get 50+ offers. Because when there's no limit, you can just throw an offer out there and see what a kid thinks about it. You don't have to spend 1/10th of your recruiting time, every week, trying to convince that 5-star to come join you.

Again, no clue how that could apply or be represented in NCAA. But that number was astounding to me.

baseballplyrmvp
02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Disagree. The size of the database is not the problem.
How?
with a limited amount of players, you'll start seeing players have higher scholarship totals, and thus be a battle between 5-10 schools for every 5* player, instead of only 1-2 schools. some elite recruits are targetted by up to 5 cpu schools, but overall, with more schools in play for the recruit, the competition to land the recruit goes up as well. there'd be a greater chance that he would sign with another school.

I don't think so. I think the existing problem is that the CPU doesn't re-evaluate their board properly. I did a simulation a few weeks back, and when I got to the end of the season (with full recruiting assistance turned on), I only had something like 10 guys on my board, and they were all signed. For some reason the CPU wasn't re-evaluating at all.
agreed regarding the cpu is terrible at re-evaluating its board. but again, with a smaller amount of players available, more players are gonna be recruited by cpu teams. i agree that players need to be more ready to play and not suck balls right off of the bat. if the cpu logic was tuned to more quickly dump players once they get down a certain point level behind and remove a recruit altogether who had committed to another school, you'd see an increased effort by the cpu to go after the players remaining.

Now, that is true. If there were less top end players (whether or not there should be is another discussion), more 3* players would have to be in the mix. But that would require more 3* players that actually have ability. Like an AJ Hawk (who came in as a 3* and ended up starting at the end of his freshman year). agreed. i thought that sometime last year, you replied to someone who wanted the number of 5* players to be increased, but said something about the numbers being pretty close to accurate. cant remember where those position tables i made went though.

in order to have more recruits in play, they either need to slow down their recruitment or have the ability to decommit altogether (thus making every player available at all times). slowing down the recruitment seems like an easier choice.

Except, normally, those walk-ons suck. So you're just filling more teams with bad players (since the CPU has horrible cut logic, that might compound the problem).

I don't know how the game could possibly replicate this, but one thing a lot of us have commented on over the years is that there's not enough offers going around for the top players. The reason for this is pretty simple ... there are only 35 offers to go around, and you have to be somewhat efficient with them.

Ohio State, for 2014, has already made 119 offers (http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/football/2012/01/2014). That's how, in real life, some of the top players can get 50+ offers. Because when there's no limit, you can just throw an offer out there and see what a kid thinks about it. You don't have to spend 1/10th of your recruiting time, every week, trying to convince that 5-star to come join you.

Again, no clue how that could apply or be represented in NCAA. But that number was astounding to me.then raise the starting ovr for the walk-ons....not too much, but at least a little. additonally, with a smaller amount of players, cpu teams are gonna be more inclined go after the remaining recruits that they have a realistic shot at signing. the current ratio of incoming to outgoing players is 1:1. this lets the cpu take more chances on going after the stud recruits or recruits that are normally out of their recruiting range. i saw western kentucky land a 4* wr because no other cpu teams were recruiting him. lowering the amount of available recruits makes every recruit that much more valuable, and there will be a greater urgency for cpu teams to go after the top end talent.

JeffHCross
02-17-2013, 06:21 PM
agreed. i thought that sometime last year, you replied to someone who wanted the number of 5* players to be increased, but said something about the numbers being pretty close to accurate. cant remember where those position tables i made went though.They are. The overall number of 4* and 5* players is pretty true to real life. That's why I said whether or not we need to reduce the top end is another discussion ;) I do wonder, though, if the positions represented by the 5* players were more accurate (i.e. more defenders, less WRs), would that solve part of the problem? Is the problem with not enough CPU teams targeting top players because there are too many of certain positions? In other words, does having 20 WRs in the Top 40 (I'm just spitballing here) mean that only the Top 15 are going to get targeted, because the other 5 are out of range for teams that need WRs? And the teams that could get them (the top teams) dont' need them because they don't want to oversign.

Though your reply just popped a thought into my head ... since we only have 70 players per roster, instead of 85, shouldn't the number of players be about 80% of what it would be in real life? Just to compensate for the lower number of players needed?

additonally, with a smaller amount of players, cpu teams are gonna be more inclined go after the remaining recruits that they have a realistic shot at signing.Not without a heavy dose of change in their recruiting logic. And THAT, I think, is the catalyst for fixing the system. I don't think lowering the number of players, independently, will make the CPU more competitive. As it is now, by and large, even on Heisman, I can beat the CPU 1-on-1 for any recruit. There are only a couple schools in the Powerhouse OD that give me trouble. Without changes to the Pipeline system (makes things too easy IMO) or to the CPU logic (letting go of targets earlier, putting more time on targets they're winning), I don't see that fact changing.

this lets the cpu take more chances on going after the stud recruits or recruits that are normally out of their recruiting range. i saw western kentucky land a 4* wr because no other cpu teams were recruiting him.See, I think lowering the number of available players would make the CPU LESS likely to take a chance (or more likely to lose if they do). Which doesn't benefit the non-top-tier schools.

baseballplyrmvp
02-23-2013, 11:55 AM
i'd like to see the ATH position continually get tweaks. it just doesnt feel like there's a whole lot of difference between each player. it seems like there are a ton of WR/DBs, a ton of QB/RB/WR/DB types, and a few DL/OL types. other than that, i havent seen a whole lot of other types like TE/DL/LB, RB/LB/DB, or QB/DB.

i'd also like to see a bigger difference between corners and safeties. i'd like to see the majority of corners be better in man coverage than zone coverage, whereas safeties should be better in zone coverage than man coverage. recruits are too balanced in this area right now.

JeffHCross
03-02-2013, 11:02 PM
i'd also like to see a bigger difference between corners and safeties. i'd like to see the majority of corners be better in man coverage than zone coverage, whereas safeties should be better in zone coverage than man coverage. recruits are too balanced in this area right now.I'd like to see more pronounced differences, but I don't want to see them make that change across the board. You can end up with very good safeties that are converted corners. That's true to real life, so I'm glad that's possible in the game.

hawkeyeguy
04-08-2013, 09:03 AM
I like new features (don't get me wrong) but EA has to get their shit together when it comes to bugs and issues advancing seasons. I've got a 12 team league of very dedicated users and we've had numerous issues with being unable to advance from season to season too many times. The dynasty website needs an overhaul and these bugs of "the dynasty cannot advance at this time, check back later" need to be eliminated.

TIMB0B
05-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I agree. Manziel's stats aren't a reflection of his arm strength or accuracy, but his decision making. His ability to scramble doesn't mean his speed gets progressively faster, but that his "awareness" of defenders makes him hard to contain.

Awareness is truly the barometer to how well any player can play, given their basic skills at a position. However, player "tendency" must be factored in. A 99 AWR scrambling QB doesn't mean he's an elite pocket passer too because of high awareness. That sliding scale needs to reflect their tendencies.