PDA

View Full Version : Practice Mode - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-10-2012, 07:35 AM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Practice Mode

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items relating to changes or improvements you would like to see in NCAA Football 14.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

ram29jackson
07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
have practice mode actually be in-game tough.

be able to set D to bump cover when you are practicing OFfensive plays

if you want to practice the defensive plays...right now the offensive AI calls plays too fast...I want to experiment with defensive hot routes etc before snap of ball

Kingpin32
07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
A randomize playbook option.

ram29jackson
07-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I want to use teambuilder teams in practice mode

OSUCowboyofMD
07-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Position practices like in older generations...

JeffHCross
07-15-2012, 08:41 PM
From Kotaku's review (http://kotaku.com/5925264/ncaa-football-13-the-kotaku-review) of the game:

3. We in Here Talkin' About Practice: This game features, and I say this straightfaced, the most realistic practice mode of any sports simulation game available. It finally provides something I've demanded for years in American football—the means of practicing with or against a scout team to prepare for the next week's opponent. It's currently limited to the Road to Glory career mode. But if you are a third-stringer trying to make the team, you will run the opposing team's plays against your school's first-string defense, in practice, between weeks. If you're a starter, the opposing defense will represent your upcoming opponent's scheme. In other modes in the past, you could only run one play against one defensive play (or a random playcall, which wasn't very productive.) Now you get an actual preparatory mode with a productive result—which is exactly the point of practice.So ... please add this to other modes, particularly Dynasty and OD.

psuexv
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I would love to see a complete overhaul of Practice mode.

#1 - A scrimmage mode with situations where I can place the ball and set the time. Allow me to put the ball on the 16 yard line with 1:58 to go and work with my offense moving the ball down the field or my defense on stopping them inside the 20. Would also need an option to run a play over.

#2 - As OSU mentioned above, bring back position practices aka. mini games. However with a few tweaks. Passing skeleton was good, but maybe add the option for me to work on a particular throw, say a corner route. With the old passing catching mini-game you were the receiver running the whole route. Since this isn't how it typically works in games have it where I am the QB and then switch to the WR to work on my user catching. A running back drill that allowed me to work on cuts or special moves.

#3 - This one is definitely more defense side, but give me an option to gameplan for an opponent. Say I have an opponent that I know always throws to the TE or a particular receiver. I would like to be able to tell the CPU to have the TE or that WR be the primary option and 80% of the time try and throw to him so I can work on defenses to see if it will break up the play. Or if I have team that I know runs the read option and the QB always keeps the ball, allow me to have the CPU mimic that.

#4 - 7 on 7 drill.

#5 - Positional battles. You could tie this into the position practices, but I guess I view those more of with cones or dummies set up. This option I see more of dlineman working against the oline. Or the linebackers and dline going against the oline and tight ends on running plays.

baseballplyrmvp
10-21-2012, 12:53 PM
if you want to practice the defensive plays...right now the offensive AI calls plays too fast...I want to experiment with defensive hot routes etc before snap of ball

:+1:

i also want some kind of formation sub feature available.

blkkrptnt819
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
The ability to practice against this type of scouting report.

• Scouting Report
o Top Ten Plays Offensive/Defensive to Practice Against (With Hot Route if Ran That Way)
o Top 10 Pass Plays/Run Plays (With Hot Routes)
o Top Ten Plays in each Situation Offensive/Defensive (e.g. 1st, 1st and Short, 2nd and Long/ Medium/Short etc.)
o Run/Pass Ratio
o Completion Percentage Short/Medium/Long, Left/Right/Center
o Blitz Ratio (Down and Distance)
o Man/Zone Coverage Ratio (Down and Distance)
o Man/Zone Blitz Ratio (Down and Distance)

* The ability to set up situations to practice against. (i.e. 31-10, 4th qr, 5 mins., ball on the 50, 2nd and 8)
* Ability to use sub packages in practice

Kuts
12-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I would like to see practice help progress players in dynasty mode. Such as imporving speed, strength, catching ect... and overrall ratings