PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Playbook?

dukebloo22
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
I know your favorite playbook might depend on who you are playing with and against, but do you guys have a favorite playbook? Or do you make your own and with mostly what plays? Run, PA Pass, Shotgun, Option?

I like :USC:'s playbook mostly because of the flex formations. They seem to be just to my liking as I can see the recievers run their routes better and outside running is normally effective.

EDJ
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I haven't checked most playbooks this year, but I like a spread/option hybrid look, so I generally just go custom.
I run 3 Flexbone (Normal, Twins, Tight) plus the Full House Pistol and that Wingbone for my triple option looks. I also have 3 I-Formation (Normal, Twins, Two TE) for added power, and the rest is split between Pistol and Shotgun with a couple 2 TE looks, a few 3 WR, a few 4 WR, and finally two 5 WR sets. Almost every formation has an option play of some sort to throw at the defense.

The biggest thing for me with Custom Playbooks is aligning the plays in a consistent manner for ease of play-calling. It helps a ton with no-huddle. I either set up plays as Pass - Run - Pass and then alternate Run - Pass - Run in the next row if the run/pass plays are 50/50. Most of my short passes are on the left hand side. Play-Action and Deep passes on the right. Or Runs/Passes that work the left side base formation/field are in the left/right of the playbook. Draws/Screens/Auto-Motion/Trick plays then fill in the bottom.

I OU a Beatn
07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
I took Ohio State's playbook and added Shotgun Tight + Bunch. Done! Urban Meyer's offense is just plain nasty.

CLW
07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
So.... far :Oklahoma_State: and :Wisconsin: I'll prob mix and match sets from those two playbooks to make my custom PB

Escobar
07-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Tulsa's. It is pretty much my custom playbook minus the flexbone and wishbone formations.

dukebloo22
07-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I took Ohio State's playbook and added Shotgun Tight + Bunch. Done! Urban Meyer's offense is just plain nasty.

I remember one guy just abused the Seattle play with Bunch online. He would just audible to a run or an end around if I pulled by OLB out.

jaymo76
07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
For PRO STYLE I have been using Michigan St. However, I really like Idaho's ONE BACK playbook.