PDA

View Full Version : Player Models & Animations - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Player Models & Animations

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to Player Models & Animations in NCAA Football 12.

If need be, please post links to videos or pictures as reference points.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Jayrah
08-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Just like at every other time in the game, please add seamless animations after touchdowns that don't stop the flow or momentum of the moment. I just want my player to score and run through the endzone pointing to the sky or crowd or celebrate with teammates. I hate having to press a button for celebration, and the whole 'celebrate with mascot' thing is terrible and against ncaa rules. 15 yard penalty. If you must keep that, make a button for "breakoff your celebration" so you can do the mascot thing. Touchdowns are simply the only time in the game when I feel I shouldn't have control of my player, but I do. For "team animations" just make them happen seamlessly as well, forget the button for it.

PLAYER MODELS ARE AWESOME!

Kwizzy
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I will also post this in the gameplay forum because it equally applies to both. Mods feel free to remove one or the other if you feel it's not in the right spot.

WIN/LOSS ANIMATIONS & GAMEPLAY
It seems to me that at the core of a lot of NCAA's gameplay issues is the fact that interactions are so black and white. Either a CB jams the WR and stops them dead at the line for awhile or the WR completely burns the CB and beats him deep. Either the Dlineman throws the blocker completely out of his way, or the Olineman stops him cold. There don't seem to be many animations in this game where one player gets a slight advantage over the other in an interaction. I don't know if that's due to the way the math decides who "wins or looses" an interaction or if it's because the animations don't exist.

I would like to see more "partial win" situations occur and I think it will make a huge impact in gameplay. Football is a game of inches. How much would it impact the game if instead of a DE coming clean after your QB, the Tackle was able to keep just one hand on him and allow your QB to step up slightly and avoid the pressure? How much would Special Teams plays benefit from players fighting all the way down the field against one another. Those types of battles are the things that win or lose football games and I feel that they are undervalued in this series to this point.

Rudy
12-18-2010, 05:32 AM
There needs to be more animations. I'd love to see different ones for QB. An over the top style vs. 3/4. Quick vs. fast release. RBs seem to all look the same. They need to add more momentum but I want to really see the difference between a Dexter McCluster type of back and a John Clay. Right now the weights are 100% randomly generated so you could have a 230 pound back that plays like McCluster and a 180 pound power back that plays like Clay. Makes no sense and it doesn't look and feel right. And RBs should not be able to string moves together that defy physics. I don't want to see a change in direction on one leg or double spins. The juke move slows you down but the L-stick moves don't seem tied to physics. And how about bringing back truck move and stiff arm animations?

2K used to have three running styles they would assign their backs - finesse, balanced and power if I believe. I want more personality in the game. Adding personality for QBs and RBs would go a long way.

coogrfan
02-20-2011, 02:32 AM
A minor nit: Houston's team specific celebration (hand sign) in the game has been a bit off for several years now. EA has it so that the fingers are curled and the thumb extended. The correct Cougar Paw is identical to the gesture used by Arizona State.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/paw.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/662A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_KFz.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/662A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_joK.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/14.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/gocoogs/662A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_OmF.jpg

psuexv
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
So their sign is the "Shocker"? That's awesome.

coogrfan
02-24-2011, 09:53 AM
So their sign is the "Shocker"? That's awesome.

It would be more accurate the other way round, the Pitch Fork/Cougar Paw predates the shocker by at least twenty years. (both schools adopted this sometime in the 70's).

JeffHCross
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
So their sign is the "Shocker"? That's awesome.Only Wichita State (The Shockers) can really claim that ;)

psuexv
02-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Only Wichita State (The Shockers) can really claim that ;)

Yeah those farm boys know what it's all about.

cdj
02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
That's a nice catch, coogrfan.

There's also the wrong animation on one of the celebrations. After a score when you run towards a teammate and he picks you up, I think the player is supposed to be holding up his index ("we're #1!") finger, but instead he is doing the Hook' em Horns animation (and this happens for all teams). I had a pic from my OD game last night, but the game glitched out before I could highlights uploaded.

JBHuskers
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah those farm boys know what it's all about.

:eek:

gschwendt
02-25-2011, 02:22 PM

There's also the wrong animation on one of the celebrations. After a score when you run towards a teammate and he picks you up, I think the player is supposed to be holding up his index ("we're #1!") finger, but instead he is doing the Hook' em Horns animation (and this happens for all teams). I had a pic from my OD game last night, but the game glitched out before I could highlights uploaded.I believe you can still access that picture by going to your profile's highlights.

steelerfan
02-25-2011, 02:36 PM

There's also the wrong animation on one of the celebrations. After a score when you run towards a teammate and he picks you up, I think the player is supposed to be holding up his index ("we're #1!") finger, but instead he is doing the Hook' em Horns animation (and this happens for all teams). I had a pic from my OD game last night, but the game glitched out before I could highlights uploaded.

I've seen that a couple times too. Also, I don't like when a player acts like he still has the ball, but doesn't. An example is when a teammate jumps on your back during a celebration and during the animation your player makes the motion of holding and then dropping the ball even though he doesn't have it.

JeffHCross
02-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I believe you can still access that picture by going to your profile's highlights.Unless you've got more than 9 sets (games) of highlights for that season, and then you're SOL.

cdj
02-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Here's the animation I mentioned yesterday:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/HookemAnimation.jpg

JeffHCross
02-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Clearly he's just saying that he loves the Devil.

cdj
02-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Clearly he's just saying that he loves the Devil.

Maybe it means he is ready to rock.

jaymo76
02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
I know this has been discussed before BUT I think it needs to be brought up again.

Q. Is the field to small for the players or vice versa are the players too large for the players??? My passing game just doesn't have the right numbers. Look in an average game and you see a lot of short passes for minimal gains. These short passes put your stats more inline with reall collage games. The yards per attempt are just way too high in NCAA 11. When you run a 3 yard out pattern the reciever seems to move too far too quickly.

OSUCowboyofMD
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Mouthguard, facial hair, helmets poping off, actual injuries like a broken ankle or leg and you see the actual broken leg, better sideline with players moving out the way when there are players going out of bounds...etc

steelerfan
03-11-2011, 07:19 PM
actual injuries like a broken ankle or leg and you see the actual broken leg,

Good luck getting anyone to Mo-Cap that! :P

JeffHCross
03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Mouthguard, facial hair, helmets poping off, actual injuries like a broken ankle or leg and you see the actual broken legI can say pretty confidently that none of this is going to happen unless the NCAA stops having to approve content.

OSUCowboyofMD
03-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Good luck getting anyone to Mo-Cap that! :P

HAHAHAHAHA! :D True

RTerry25
05-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I kno im hella late on this topic but am i the only one who thinks that players run funny? I mean esp ur speed guys...their run animation looks awkard

psusnoop
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I kno im hella late on this topic but am i the only one who thinks that players run funny? I mean esp ur speed guys...their run animation looks awkard

You are not late for anything, it is always a good time to talk NCAA 12 or prepare for 13

ram29jackson
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
presently, the player models move too much like stick figures and their movements are stiff instead of having any natural flow or bend

vick
06-03-2011, 06:41 PM
how do i get the NCAA Football 10 Rosters onto madden 10

JeffHCross
06-05-2011, 01:04 PM
how do i get the NCAA Football 10 Rosters onto madden 10
Look here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/281372.page

Jayrah
06-06-2011, 02:48 AM
presently, the player models move too much like stick figures and their movements are stiff instead of having any natural flow or bend

From the look of 12 videos so far this has been improved greatly imo. Now if they make players upper half "squat" when they change direction, it will look tremendously natural. My brother pointed out something I hadn't thought of in this regard, and I think he's right. He said "the timing is correct on cuts and turn for the most part, players make those moves irl all the time. The problem is that a player that is standing straight up can't make that move. If the animation is tweaked for the waist and knees to bend (bringing the top half down) just slightly, it would look natural and nobody would have a problem with the moves they make".

He's absolutely right. IRL those quick moves from right to left to avoid a tackler are quick as lightning, however if their knees didnt bend for the plant foot to support the pressure and weight they would be toast. The only time the game accounts for a bend in the knees is a defined juke or spin, when it should also be slightly less noticeable on simple change of direction. This is basically defining what Ram said as well with the natural bend and flow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Jayrah
06-06-2011, 04:13 AM
I know this has been discussed before BUT I think it needs to be brought up again.

Q. Is the field to small for the players or vice versa are the players too large for the players??? My passing game just doesn't have the right numbers. Look in an average game and you see a lot of short passes for minimal gains. These short passes put your stats more inline with reall collage games. The yards per attempt are just way too high in NCAA 11. When you run a 3 yard out pattern the reciever seems to move too far too quickly.

2 things will change this in 12 IMHO. I think to answer your questions initially, I thought the players may have been too big for the field about a month ago, but the more I watch some videos the more I'm convinced that neither of your questions are correct. First fix from 11 is that there was too much sliding/warping on routes and just in general on 11, which made 3 steps (no matter how much momentum had to be accounted for) eat up 6-7 yards of space instead of the true 3-4. Of course this would be and is most detrimental when it is considered that the first 2-3 steps of any human in a route are shorter than when a player gets to full speed and stride by the 4th or 5th step. Actually considering that the Wr's start about a yard behind the ball, they actually eat up 1 to 1 and 1/2 more real time yards, but as far as the ratio of LOS to yards downfield it's only 3-4 yds.

The closer I watch the videos that Ben showed off for IGN (which were the most recent videos as far as gameplay to our release date with UF/FSU and Mizz/OkSt), the more that I think this problem will be mostly resolved with the simple removal of warping to a spot and the refined motion of the Wr's in the game. But to add to that, now that defenders actually react to the route they can keep short yardage plays to actual short gains, whereas in 11 they would either jump it or leave it until the play was already too far out of reach to make an immediate play.

actual injuries like a broken ankle or leg and you see the actual broken leg, better sideline with players moving out the way when there are players going out of bounds...etc

What the heck is wrong with you that you'd want injuries like this in the game? For one, that alone would take this game from an "everyone" rating to a "mature" rating for mild violence. For two, what the heck is wrong with you that you'd want injuries like this in the game???????? Have you seen a broken leg or arm on tv? There is nothing cool or necessary about it! It's atrocious and quite honestly I feel SO SO bad for those that have to endure that agony and misfortune. I know it's part of the game, but it shouldn't have to be. And there's NO WAY I should have to see that on my video game.

I do like the sideline animation stuff though. I'm hoping that's able to be upgraded at some point, however now that crowds are 3D, I am less inclined to care about the sidelines. They are low low low on my wishlist of future graphic updates.

JeffHCross
06-06-2011, 09:50 PM
2 things will change this in 12 IMHO. I think to answer your questions initially, I thought the players may have been too big for the field about a month ago, but the more I watch some videos the more I'm convinced that neither of your questions are correct.I think there's something fishy ... for lack of a better description ... about the entire scale of the players/field/stadium. I never thought to look around when I was actually on Ohio Stadium's field, but the perspective from the field seems off. Seems like you can see too much of the stadium from field level and facing forward.

Tarhead10
06-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I think there's something fishy ... for lack of a better description ... about the entire scale of the players/field/stadium. I never thought to look around when I was actually on Ohio Stadium's field, but the perspective from the field seems off. Seems like you can see too much of the stadium from field level and facing forward.

I agree... Also the beginning of the stands feel to far away from the field... If you look at some the stadiums they have the stand pushed to far back, it doesnt even look to scale...The same problem occurs with the endzones.... In the game they are not close enough to field, like in reality...