PDA

View Full Version : Commentary - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Commentary

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to Commentary in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Tiered commentary

1) Non televised game - Just the PA announcer
2) Regional televised game - Bring back the radio sounding play by play guy from Madden 06 on the Xbox 360 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-gameplay-madden-nfl/8524)
3) National games - Nessler and Herbstreit

SmoothPancakes
07-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Tiered commentary

1) Non televised game - Just the PA announcer
2) Regional televised game - Bring back the radio sounding play by play guy from Madden 06 on the Xbox 360 (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/742471/madden-nfl-06/videos/madden360_112305_2.html)
3) National games - Nessler and Herbstreit

What this man has said! If I'm playing a game in my Navy dynasty vs. San Jose State or Eastern Michigan or something, I don't want to be listening to Nessler and Herbstreit.

Boucher
07-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Can we bring it one step further and bring in Brent Musburger for the Sat Night game and then BCS Championship

Dr Death
07-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Can we bring it one step further and bring in Brent Musburger for the Sat Night game and then BCS Championship

^^^ This ^^^ And... to take this even a step further, rather than have no announcers on small games, why not completely revamp the announcing system and phrases said, bring in a real life college announcing team to do small games, Herbie/Nessler for national games and Musberger for Sat night/BCS Champ. games.

Small Games: Todd Christensen/James Bates - ???

National Games: Kirk/Brad

Sat Night + BCS Champ: Musberger/Kirk H.

souljahbill
07-18-2010, 06:16 PM
That's a lot of audio files.

Rudy
07-18-2010, 08:14 PM
I understand not wanting the big name announcers at crappy games but I don't like it. It's boring for me to play without commentary. If people don't want to hear the commentators for those games then turn the commentary volume down to 0. I always want the option of hearing real announcers.

Not having Lee Corso hurts as his funny lines would add some flavour. It hurts because I like Herbie but his strengths are in his analysis. In the game he only really comments on what just happened. There isn't enough commentary on why someone did something or what they should have done. He should guess at some play calls once in awhile and criticize bad play calls more often. There needs to be more dynamic commentary. Talk about what a great or poor game a player is having (season too!). Use the Madden triple threat overlay where they show the top QB, RB and WR and what they have done. Kirk should talk about a guy's great game as well as criticize a poor game or even the coach for not getting his best players the ball. 99% of the commentary is only about the play that just happened. They need to tie more of that to the overall game imo.

I think Nessler and Herbie are fine. They just need more dynamic commentary and Herbie needs more analytical commentary.

jaymo76
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
I understand not wanting the big name announcers at crappy games but I don't like it. It's boring for me to play without commentary. If people don't want to hear the commentators for those games then turn the commentary volume down to 0. I always want the option of hearing real announcers.

Not having Lee Corso hurts as his funny lines would add some flavour. It hurts because I like Herbie but his strengths are in his analysis. In the game he only really comments on what just happened. There isn't enough commentary on why someone did something or what they should have done. He should guess at some play calls once in awhile and criticize bad play calls more often. There needs to be more dynamic commentary. Talk about what a great or poor game a player is having (season too!). Use the Madden triple threat overlay where they show the top QB, RB and WR and what they have done. Kirk should talk about a guy's great game as well as criticize a poor game or even the coach for not getting his best players the ball. 99% of the commentary is only about the play that just happened. They need to tie more of that to the overall game imo.

I think Nessler and Herbie are fine. They just need more dynamic commentary and Herbie needs more analytical commentary.

That sums it up right there. Dynamic commentary would add so much to thie commentary.

HWill
07-18-2010, 08:53 PM
^^^ This ^^^ And... to take this even a step further, rather than have no announcers on small games, why not completely revamp the announcing system and phrases said, bring in a real life college announcing team to do small games, Herbie/Nessler for national games and Musberger for Sat night/BCS Champ. games.

Small Games: Todd Christensen/James Bates - ???

National Games: Kirk/Brad

Sat Night + BCS Champ: Musberger/Kirk H.

I don't know who Todd Christensen or James Bates is, but Craig James/Jesse Palmer or Brad Nessler/Todd Blackledge makes sense because they work with Erin Andrews as well.

Jayrah
07-23-2010, 03:03 AM
NO PALMER>>>>Can't stand his laugh. Or his thoughtless 1 liners. He says things about the game that make NO sense with what is happening, and things that a former qb should know, he does not act like he knows. I know he's no Manning, but sheesh

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 08:20 AM
No matter what, the level of effort required to put in audio files for all of those additional announcers is huge. I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon. Plus, there's disc size ramifications on top of that.

Jayrah
08-15-2010, 01:32 AM
No matter what, the level of effort required to put in audio files for all of those additional announcers is huge. I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon. Plus, there's disc size ramifications on top of that.

This is again true on the time and effort. But we're heading that way anyhow. LOL. Just Nike this! Don't need 100 announcers, just one other crew. OR dynamic commentary I could live with, something that progresses the season beyond the pregame and postgame comments. Something similar to 2k dynamic commentary with an in game conference update, or previous game breakdowns of a couple star players, or Heisman updates for the week, or a key to the game update during the game, or a key injury update from a previous game, or getting our woman more involved by having her update the campus mood or the sideline mood or the coaches mood or a weather update in game or something she noticed about the field that day (relative to the type of field you're playing on of course).....etc.

Rudy
08-15-2010, 05:32 AM
I think Nessler does a good job in the game and gets too much unnecessary heat. Sometimes I think people just want a change and I'm fine with that too but I don't want to go through the garbage audio Madden has put on their disc for the last 5-6 years. Come to think of it, Madden commentary has always been bad. NCAA has always been much, much better. I still miss Corso.

Jayrah
08-15-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't miss Corso at all. Nessler does a good job, but it's just stale a little bit. No problem sticking to him, just update the commentary from him to be progressive

JeffHCross
08-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Honestly the only thing that bothers me about Nesslar is that he and Herbie never do real games together. So it always throws me a little bit when I'm watching a real game and it's Brent and Herbie, and then the video game is Brad and Herbie.

Rudy
08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
But I don't want Bob Griese and I certainly don't want Paul Mcguire if he's still kicking around (he barely knows football imo). I do like Griese but he's a little bit too laid back. I like someone a little more excitable and entertaining.

JeffHCross
08-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh, I think Brad and Herbie is the best combination they could have. It just throws me every time.

Gudad721
12-27-2010, 11:54 PM
just bring back the in game save mode...more playbook editing

OSUCowboyofMD
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Sat. Night Games + Rose Bowl + Natl. Champ - Musberger/Herbbie
Natl. Games - Nessler/Blackledge
Regional Games - PA Anouncer (team specific)
Thursday Night - Davis/James
Friday Night - Tessitore/Gilmore
*Maybe McDonough/Millen

steelerfan
03-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Sat. Night Games + Rose Bowl + Natl. Champ - Musberger/Herbbie
Natl. Games - Nessler/Blackledge
Regional Games - PA Anouncer (team specific)
Thursday Night - Davis/Nessler
Friday Night - Tessitore/Gilmore
*Maybe McDonough/Millen

This would be absolutely amazing. But the time, effort, money, and disc space required mean it will NEVER happen.

JeffHCross
03-11-2011, 07:24 PM
This would be absolutely amazing. But the time, effort, money, and disc space required mean it will NEVER happen.*in this generation. :D

OSUCowboyofMD
03-12-2011, 02:06 AM
*in this generation. :D

You got a point haha

steelerfan
03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
*in our generation. :D

Fixed. ;)

JeffHCross
03-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Well, time, effort and money are still a major factor, which leads me to agree with you that it will never happen. But the disc space will probably be eliminated after this generation.