PDA

View Full Version : Interface (Overlays, Menus, & Navigation) - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Interface (Overlays, Menus, & Navigation)

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to the Interface (Overlays, Menus, & Navigation) in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

baseballplyrmvp
07-23-2010, 11:03 PM
i'm really liking the numbered personnel identifier that shows for defensive playcalling, but i think some tweaks could be made. i get really confused when i see something like 1 qb, 2 hb's, 2 fb's, 3 wr's, 2 te's, and 1 dt show up... :dunno:

another one: 1 qb, 2 hb's, 3 wr's, 1 te, 1 fb, 1 k

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 12:26 AM
I've seen that a couple times, and usually that indicates that Stamina is going haywire.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Cross post from Dynasty:
It seems like every usage of R3 in Dynasty Mode in NCAA 10 has been swapped with Triangle this go around. Personally, I find it more likely that I'm going to be wanting "More Info" on players and recruits than switching teams ... and I find R3 to be much easier to hit than triangle. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I don't see a reason for the swap.

jaymo76
07-24-2010, 01:34 AM
I want to see a "CALENDAR FORMAT" like they use in NCAA BASKETBALL 10. Everything important to a coach is on a schedule and that becomes the basis for your menu/navigation.

ebin
07-24-2010, 01:39 AM
I want to see a "CALENDAR FORMAT" like they use in NCAA BASKETBALL 10. Everything important to a coach is on a schedule and that becomes the basis for your menu/navigation.

I like this idea.

The in-game stat overlays should be MUCH more frequent. I shouldn't have to pause the game and navigate through the menus just to keep track of what's going on with my team.

SmoothPancakes
07-24-2010, 05:18 AM

I also like this. I love the calender format in NCAA Basketball and would be happy to see it make it's way over to Football.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I want to see a "CALENDAR FORMAT" like they use in NCAA BASKETBALL 10. Everything important to a coach is on a schedule and that becomes the basis for your menu/navigation.I haven't played NCAA Basketball 10, but I wasn't very interested in the calendar format of College Hoops 2k. It was kind of cool to see the recruiting visits of my coaches depicted on it, I suppose, but the calendar was overly complicated. The RTG calendar is even worse.

If it was well done, I'd probably like it.

ebin
07-24-2010, 04:05 PM
The RTG calendar is even worse.

Agreed, I definitely wouldn't want them to just port over the RTG calendar. They'd have to put a wee bit more thought into it than that.

ebarws6
07-26-2010, 03:34 AM
My only request is to fix the menu lag. Thanks.

ebin
07-26-2010, 11:45 PM
My only request is to fix the menu lag. Thanks.

Let's not get greedy now. ;)

Jayrah
08-15-2010, 01:03 AM
On the Calender idea: I would like to see that as well. The only thing I would want it to do would be to see the games in a concise calender format though. They could keep the system they have now and add a calender. In this way you could click your game and current options on "play game"/"sim"/"breakdown", or "classic view" (what it is now for looking at weeks).

No fancy gimmicks needed with that. I just want to see a concise calender to see my games in. Other than that same exact options.

Jayrah
08-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Cross post from OD because it's also an interface idea:

Would LOVE if the "weekly update" section was ESPN! Every new week there's that Red "weekly update (insert week #)", with all the previous scores and upcoming games, along with recruiting news for the week. That should be an ESPN update, with ESPN graphics. That would add mucho pop to the page I think.

JeffHCross
08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
At the very least, it'd be a nice place to put the Weekly Update. It gets lost too quickly in the Dynasty Wire, imo. Cross-posting it to the ESPN menu would be smart.

Jayrah
10-08-2010, 02:31 AM
OH BOY AM I PISSED! I struggled to make it down the field in the final 58 seconds of the game just now. I had 17 seconds to start a play from the 32 yard line and completed a pass to the 23 (just barely short of a first down and also just barely in my freshman kicker's range). First, the "hop on and try to strip" animation pops in, so my wr takes an extra 2 and 1/2 seconds going to the ground, then with 11 seconds to go, 3 seconds pass by while the interface starts to recognize that a game milestone has been achieved, down to 8. Then the milestone marker pops up and takes another 2 seconds for me to clear, down to 6. Meanwhile this whole time my team is standing in a stupified haze, while I am frantically trying to press the SPIKE IT button. After I click the button we're down to 5, and my team doesn't make it back to the line in time to get a play off!!!!! SO ANGRY AT THE STUPID INTERFACE OF GAME MILESTONES RIGHT NOW! I don't care if I see them, but DO NOT stop the game flow, and continue the game clock, for them to pop up! Are you kidding me EA? This has cost me a shot at a bowl this year as I was 3-6 and desperately trying to get back into the bowl picture with a furious winning streak. Also it has pissed me off, if you couldn't tell. I don't know where this goes so I'm posting on multiple threads! Can't possibly believe it right now. This is officially at the very top of my complaint list!

baseballplyrmvp
12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
combine the depth chart and the formation subs screen into one. this way, you'd be able to set your depth chart for each position on the field- instead of just a general depth chart like there is now. this would be especially useful for 4 wide and triple option offenses.

OSUCowboyofMD
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Fight songs like years before

steelerfan
03-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I want to see the return of codes for sliders to all sports titles. I miss that. Today, psusnoop asked me for my NHL sliders. I told him to call me instead of posting them. It's too much to hassle with posting. Just posting a code would really be nice.

Also, EA needs to take the lead from SCEA. Any time you have to use the on-screen keyboard, it's functionality and layout should match that of the PS3's web browser. I do much of my web browsing (and posting here) on my PS3. It irritates me that the in-game on-screen keyboard has a different button configuration from Sony's default. It also makes no sense.

JeffHCross
03-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Also, EA needs to take the lead from SCEA. Any time you have to use the on-screen keyboard, it's functionality and layout should match that of the PS3's web browser. I do much of my web browsing (and posting here) on my PS3. It irritates me that the in-game on-screen keyboard has a different button configuration from Sony's default.Hell, I'd be happy if EA, and others, were even consistent within their own titles. There are times where I'll be prompted with the Sony keyboard, while other times I get a proprietary keyboard, within the same game!

But yes, every PS3 game should use the PS3 keyboard, unless you have some functional reason (like a different character set) for not using the built-in keyboard.