PDA

View Full Version : Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:44 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

Bugs & Glitches

Use this thread to discuss bugs & glitches in NCAA Football 11.

Explain in detail how to execute the bug/glitch. If it can't be replicated, it can't be fixed.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

JeffHCross
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd suggest using a form like this for the more complex bugs.

Title: (A good title is short and descriptive. It should tell the reader what the bug is, where it happens and under which circumstances it occurs.)

Category: (This is where you select the bugs category. For example, "Dynasty Wire", "Teambuilder", or "Gameplay")

System: (PS3, 360, or PS2?)

Description: (Here you should give as many details as possible, describe the bug scenario in detail and all the circumstances in which the bug occurred. A good description will save devs a lot of headaches and make it easier to fix your issue quicker. It's important to give a measure of how severe the bug is and how wide its area of effect is.

Mention how often that bug occurs, if it's something that happens every time or just some weird occurrence that only happened once and couldn't be reproduced. It's important to know if it's a common issue that can easily happen or some kind of oddball exception.)

Is it Reproducible? (Have you only seen it once, or can you get it to occur multiple times using the same steps?)

Reproduction Steps: (The most useful bug reports are those that have a good description as to how to reproduce the bug in a consistent manner. Try to reproduce the bug again and determine the exact steps you need to go through in order to make it happen again. This section should outline how you made it happen, broken down into steps, numbered chronologically. The bug might seem fairly obvious to you, because you've experienced it firsthand, but if the reproduction steps are complicated try to make the steps as clear and complete as possible so that we can reproduce it ourselves and fix the issue.)

Screenshot or Video: (If you were able to get a screenshot or video, great. Link it here.)

cdj
07-13-2010, 12:18 AM
[PS3]

- Time of Possession in the Game Stats does not add up properly. I am getting ~23:00 of total TOP each game.

- When looking at Player Stats, sorting by Total Tackles actually sorts by the Solo tackles instead.

- The Preview button/option for Stadium Sounds does not work. Nothing happens/plays.

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 02:39 AM
This may have been a one time thing, but I went into an OD, and when I tried to exit, the game crashed on me.

beartide06
07-13-2010, 01:22 PM
- Ok guys, just found a really crazy glitch... I have no idea what play or playbook, but my friend is North Carolina and he was playing LSU. Well, the QB for LSU ran and slid and the ball fell out of his hands for a fumble. Here's where it gets crazy. The ball hits the turf and nobody can pick the ball up... They kick the ball around and dive at it for 3 minutes, and eventually my friend quits because nobody can pick it up. He recorded it on his phone. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if it may be able to be addressed.

- It was in Dynasty in the first week Noth Carolina AT LSU. My friend was North Carolina.

- It was in the first quarter. It was a shotgun formation and the LSU QB dropped back and rolled right. When he got right past the line of scrimmage marker it looked like he attempted a fake pitch or pitch and then immediately slid. As he was sliding the ball fell out of his right hand and hit the ground resulting in a fumble. For about 3 minutes the ball was kicked around. Nobody could pick it up and it resulted in time expiring in the quarter. He eventually paused the game and quit and re started.

- We recorded some of the vid on his phone and I will try to get that up asap.

beartide06
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
This happens at random on kickoff returns when I am controlling the team. I will select Kickoff return and the opposing team will kick the ball off to me. When my return man receives the ball, he runs like he is a QB running the option. The player will hold the ball with both hands and this decreases his speed significantly and results in short returns.

beartide06
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
In road to glory mode playing as the QB from the Ace big normal formation, I ran a load option right and my QB ran directly to the sideline and it would not let me control the QB or pitch ball at all and it resulted in me running out of bounds.

razorback44
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Numbers on helmets (Alabama style) are not showing up on Teambuilder teams.

AustinWolv
07-13-2010, 02:32 PM
CB in man coverage when press coverage is used starts dropping before the snap and just keeps dropping, like stuck in an animation. He's 30+ yards downfield and still dropping at the snap of the ball. WR is wide open.
Occurred in 3-3-5 bear blitz with man coverage, don't recall what exact play.

Seen it happen on a couple plays now, but don't recall if defensive set was the same.

beartide06
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
In online unranked matches in the third quarter I have had games lose connections multiple times and it was with a friend online while we were chatting and neither one of us disconnected. I was Alabama both times and he was SMU then Notre Dame.

Bamafan3723
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
SYSTEM: PS3

GAME MODE: Exhibition

SITUATION (This includes down/distance/time left): 1st Quarter

CUSTOMIZATION (Were you using specific sliders/roster edits): Using my Teambuilder Alabama team

DETAILS (Please be as detailed as possible in text): The players on the sideline are wearing pink uniforms instead of my created uniforms.

VIDEO (if available):
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/Bruise2237/NCAA%20Football%2011/661A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_JOC.jpg

morsdraconis
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
They just wanted to look FABULOUS!

Bamafan3723
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
They just wanted to look FABULOUS!
LOL :P

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Maybe it was pink out day?

beartide06
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
All games have been played on heisman difficulty.

-Is there a way to do random play in Practice this year? Or did they take it out?

-Also, after plays, you used to be able to press LB+RB on 360 and it would immediately go to the replay screen. Did they take that out as well?

- In pre game Brad Nessler says Welcome to Bryant Denny stadium with a capacity of 80,000 fans.... this needs to be updated because Alabama can now sit around 100,000 fans.

- I have still seen some "rocket" catching.

- On a lot of plays, when the opposing teams RB runs past the line of scrimmage my DBs and Safetys are still back peddling when it is clearly a run.

- I don't remember what play it was exactly, but I intercepted a pass in the middle of the end zone and got tackled in the end zone and they recorded a saftey and the other team got 2 points and got the ball back.

- Was playing a game earlier, Don't remember play or formation, but I was sacked and fumbled the ball. My lineman runs over to the ball and stands directly over it for about 3 and a half seconds just staring right at the ball with nobody around. Then, the opposing teams DL dives at his feet and the recover the fumble.

If I have more bugs/glitches I will continue posting here.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM

CUSTOMIZATION (Were you using specific sliders/roster edits): Using my Teambuilder Alabama team

DETAILS (Please be as detailed as possible in text): The players on the sideline are wearing pink uniforms instead of my created uniforms.

VIDEO (if available):
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/Bruise2237/NCAA%20Football%2011/661A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_JOC.jpg

I've had that issue with my Teambuilder teams also. The jersey looks really light.

gschwendt
07-13-2010, 10:51 PM
-Is there a way to do random play in Practice this year? Or did they take it out?
You can still do it. Just simply select the formation that you want to do a random play from, then hit Select.

Kingpin32
07-13-2010, 11:35 PM
There's a play I ran in a game against ID, IIRC it was a PA HB screen out of the I-Formation, but the QB never finished the PA animation and just kept dropping back in the handoff pose. I'll try to do it again when I play again so I can get a video of it.

Iron Dragon
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
There's a play I ran in a game against ID, IIRC it was a PA HB screen out of the I-Formation, but the QB never finished the PA animation and just kept dropping back in the handoff pose. I'll try to do it again when I play again so I can get a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtbgNWHI8o

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtbgNWHI8o

Thats exactly how it looked. I just got lucky and started pushing buttons to try to throw the ball away.

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I did the Play Action HB Screen play in Idaho's playbook and it worked just fine (it's in one of the Ace formations, can't remember which one).

Must be something weird with only certain playbooks or something.

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
I did the Play Action HB Screen play in Idaho's playbook and it worked just fine (it's in one of the Ace formations, can't remember which one).

Must be something weird with only certain playbooks or something.

I think its just when you try to run it from the I Formation. I haven't tried from a different formation yet.

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 02:12 AM
I think its just when you try to run it from the I Formation. I haven't tried from a different formation yet.

I've heard if you flip the play, sometimes it will work.

Just so happens, I think I had the formation flipped when I chose it.

Will do more testing tomorrow. Bed time.

Jayrah
07-14-2010, 06:10 AM
WSU playbook. ACE - SLOT - PA BOOT SCREEN.

Same animation of qb sticking the ball out and running in a 45 degree hand off position for about 30 yards before coming out of it and allowing you to throw the ball. Test it out tomorrow on practice.

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking the problem happens that the HB never "takes" the PA fake and so the QB never pulls out of it. My suggestion is to just simply not run any of the PA HB Screen plays for the time being.

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
From the Idaho playbook:

Don't work:
Ace Slot PA Boot Screen
Ace Slot Flex PA Boot Screen
Ace Y-Trips PA Boot Screen

Do work:
Ace Bunch Base PA Boot Screen

The Ace Bunch Base PA Boot Screen has auto motion in the play which may be the reason why it works. Also, the handoff animation is VERY strange looking (QB runs to the left side of the HB and fakes the handoff) but it still works.

Haven't tried any other teams' playbooks to see if that is the real reason for it working.

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Air Force Playbook:

Works:
Maryland-I Wide PA Boot Screen (if you slide the line to protect to the left, it works)

Alabama Playbook:

Works:

Ace Bunch Base PA Boot Screen (again, has auto motion and works perfectly)
I-Form Normal PA Boot Screen (again, doesn't work unless you slide protect to the left)

Arizona Playbook:

Works:

Ace Twin TE Slot PA Boot Screen (again, worked because of auto-motion but works even better with slide protect to the left)
Ace Y-Trips PA Boot Screen (again, only works because of slide protect to the left)

There is definitely a trend. The PA Boot Screens ONLY work if they have auto motion in them or if you slide protect to the left (auto motion+slide protect to the left results in a MUCH smoother fake handoff animation for the auto motion plays too).

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Okay, this isn't really a bug or a glitch, but on sideline logos, they both face the same direction when they should each be facing its own sideline. Not a big thing, but it would be more accurate.

razorback44
07-14-2010, 03:18 PM

VIDEO (if available):

I'm having the same issue with my Manchester Blue Sox team. Their blue uniforms are Gray on the guys on the sideline.

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I've got an issue with my TeamBuilder team. It says it fails to download, but loads anyway but it will not save the game stats from online games.

Not sure what the issue is with it.

Bamafan3723
07-14-2010, 07:42 PM
I've got an issue with my TeamBuilder team. It says it fails to download, but loads anyway but it will not save the game stats from online games.

Not sure what the issue is with it.
I just got this message but I'm playing Mich vs. Ohio State. No TB teams.

razorback44
07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
There is a message someone posted on OS from Russ that says not to worry about this error message. He said that they had to take the Season Showdown servers offline due to an error.

skipwondah33
07-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I know Oneback is for sure.

I went into the Online section of the game and was scrolling through the menu then all of a sudden the game cloes and goes to the PS3 home screen. Thought it was a fluke so I started the game back up then tried to go into a lobby room to meet OB. I get in the lobby room for a few minutes then the game freezes. So I restart the game up and again go into a lobby room to meet OB. He has the samething happen to him with the game suddenly closes and he is taken to the home screen. We finally meet up in a room afterwards, then I have the samething happen again with the screen going to the home screen of the PS3.

I noticed it only happened when trying to go online to play or in a lobby.

Jayrah
07-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Web OD Hub: When looking at team needs, I currently have 207 total players counting up on my list. Since only 70 are available, that's not right. Actually after closing and reopening the team needs screen, I think I have 69 players, because it's adding in increments of 69 everytime I open. So there's 69 more total players counted on the screen each time. Example, 69, 138, 207, 276 etc. The team needs are also incrementing by 5, and targets by whatever I've added to the board.

EDIT: Yep, it starts over when I log out and then back in successfully. 69 players and 5 team needs. And same issue when I close team need screen and reopen. This is preseason, don't know if that has any bearing. Also it doesn't change when I move to another tab either like dynasty hub or schedule and then come back. Only thing that resets it is a logout and back in, or changing dynasties within the browser.

cdj
07-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. I know Oneback is for sure.

I went into the Online section of the game and was scrolling through the menu then all of a sudden the game cloes and goes to the PS3 home screen. Thought it was a fluke so I started the game back up then tried to go into a lobby room to meet OB. I get in the lobby room for a few minutes then the game freezes. So I restart the game up and again go into a lobby room to meet OB. He has the samething happen to him with the game suddenly closes and he is taken to the home screen. We finally meet up in a room afterwards, then I have the samething happen again with the screen going to the home screen of the PS3.

I noticed it only happened when trying to go online to play or in a lobby.

I think that issue came about when they shut off Season Showdown and the ability to create custom lobbies. I started seeing the issues you mentioned the next day.

beartide06
07-18-2010, 05:41 PM
For some reason after I back out of game modes my rosters are not Auto loading like they are supposed to. any idea why?

As a matter of fact, I just tried manually loading my rosters and they still did not load up? This is not good because I cannot do anything else unless its with unnamed rosters.

beartide06
07-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok, this has happened to me about 5 or 6 times. Sometimes when kicking an extra point the camera will zoom back so far that the camera angle is all the way from the opposite end of the field. I will post a picture next time it happens.

beartide06
07-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry for all the back to back posts guys, but I keep seeing a TON of glitches and bugs lol.

Heisman Difficulty

Ok in games I have noticed that DB's will break on out routes, in routes, or anything that involves cuts before my receiver even plants to break on the route himself. It's like he knows what route I'm doing before I even do it. Can this be adjusted by sliders possibly?

Rudy
07-18-2010, 08:16 PM
The Season Showdown stat junk at the end of the game caused my game to freeze once. Hopefully it's rare.

I had one play where I called a punt and my punter lined up like a blocker about 5 yards deep. They snapped it to him and I couldn't punt the ball. Maybe I accidentally called a pake punt run but the fact my punter wasn't deep was weird.

The cpu John Clay left the game due to injury with no announcement. When I went to check on the injury status, the injury reports from the strategy menu had disappeared. I couldn't check them at all. Not sure what happened.

AustinWolv
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Watch the LG at the snap. There was no penalty on the play.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23698639

Jayrah
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
The Season Showdown stat junk at the end of the game caused my game to freeze once. Hopefully it's rare.

I had one play where I called a punt and my punter lined up like a blocker about 5 yards deep. They snapped it to him and I couldn't punt the ball. Maybe I accidentally called a pake punt run but the fact my punter wasn't deep was weird.

The cpu John Clay left the game due to injury with no announcement. When I went to check on the injury status, the injury reports from the strategy menu had disappeared. I couldn't check them at all. Not sure what happened.

Maybe minor injury with nothing to report. Cramp!

gschwendt
07-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Watch the LG at the snap. There was no penalty on the play.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/23698639
Yeah... I've seen a similar instance where the RG was lined up where the Center should be, and the Center was snapping the ball (in shotgun) directly to his right.

baseballplyrmvp
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
i've made a bunch of changes using formation subs for my usc team in an online dynasty (360) and i've noticed that if you go into practice (while still logged in), your formation subs do not carry over.

they work in the games, just not in practice.

Jayrah
07-22-2010, 01:34 AM
i've made a bunch of changes using formation subs for my usc team in an online dynasty (360) and i've noticed that if you go into practice (while still logged in), your formation subs do not carry over.

Did you by chance have 11 games on schedule and miss WSU? My Wazzu dynasty has 11 GAMES!!!!!! I am being short changed a game with USC! BUG, GLITCH, SCHEDULING SNAFFU!

baseballplyrmvp
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM

Did you by chance have 11 games on schedule and miss WSU? My Wazzu dynasty has 11 GAMES!!!!!! I am being short changed a game with USC! BUG, GLITCH, SCHEDULING SNAFFU!

nope, i had a 12 game schedule. its too bad that there isnt the 13th regular season game stipulation for all teams who play hawaii. and its unfortunate that the lack of this rule hurts wsu in the process.

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 07:06 PM
The play clock (actual one on the scoreboard) does not work at Minnesota.

I had a game today where the CPU caught a pass in the back of the end zone and it was ruled incomplete. Replay correctly overturned it but then the drive summary showed the scoring play to be the 43 yard run that immediately preceded the TD pass. I paused the game to look at the player stats and they correctly showed the CPU TE with a TD catch but they showed the QB as having 0 TD passes. Then, I looked at the scoring summary and it showed MY team as the team who scored and the CPU TE as catching a 2 yd TD pass from no one. Fortunately, the points were awaded to the right team.

JeffHCross
07-22-2010, 09:43 PM
When you use the Ohio State 09 Pro Combat helmet in Teambuilder, the numbers come out pink, instead of black.

HuskerBlitz
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
When you use the Ohio State 09 Pro Combat helmet in Teambuilder, the numbers come out pink, instead of black.

How appropriate. ;)

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 12:38 AM
In the N.C. Game the cpu kicker hits the cross bar on an extra point. The next thing I know, I AM KICKING OFF TO THE CPU...could have cost me the game!

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 12:43 AM
In the N.C. Game the cpu kicker hits the cross bar on an extra point. The next thing I know, I AM KICKING OFF TO THE CPU...could have cost me the game!By any chance did one of your players catch the ball after it his the cross bar?

HuskerBlitz
07-23-2010, 12:50 AM
By any chance did one of your players catch the ball after it his the cross bar?

What difference would that make? The ball should be dead after touching the crossbar. There's no way he should have been kicking off to them again.

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 01:06 AM
What difference would that make? The ball should be dead after touching the crossbar. There's no way he should have been kicking off to them again.It's a bug either way. But if it fell to one of his players, it's another version of a bug I reported a year or two ago.

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 01:09 AM
DETAILS (Please be as detailed as possible in text): The players on the sideline are wearing pink uniforms instead of my created uniforms.I had this happen, except it got even weirder. In the background, I could see the sideline players (Ohio State), but almost like they were ghosts. In front of them, fully rendered players were celebrating a play, as if they were on the sidelines.

1 Ohio State Buckeye ... and like 7 of my opponent. All celebrating. In front of the Ohio State bench.

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Okay, this isn't really a bug or a glitch, but on sideline logos, they both face the same direction when they should each be facing its own sideline. Not a big thing, but it would be more accurate.I remember seeing this discussed somewhere, or at least I think I do, and I believe it was said that this is intentional. I know in the last few years I've seen a growing trend of sideline logos facing the press box, rather than their own sidelines. I think that they intended to reflect that trend. It really should be a toggle option though, for accuracy.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 02:58 AM
By any chance did one of your players catch the ball after it his the cross bar?

Nope, nobody touched it that I recall.

cdj
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
- CPU No-Huddle with Wildcat: Just saw this myself for the first time. When a no-huddle team starts a drive and their first play is from the Wildcat, the next play is Wildcat as well. Odd (but I think I understand why it does that), but adding to it, the commentary (Nessler) believes the regular QB is under center and will still say the QBs name, even when it's the RB who takes the hike and then gets tackled.

- Player of the Game Stat Issue: If you get a defensive Player of the Game, the stats shown for him on the POG cutscene are odd, if not messed up. Sometime it's clear he won POG for an INT and/or defensive TD and neither will be listed. After assisted tackles are shown, there is sometimes a blank spot. IE: 5 TCK, 3 ATK, , There is just a space and comma hanging out there in addition to key stats being omitted.

- Penalty on Kick Returns: An issue in the series for a while, if there's a penalty on the return team, you get some messed up stats. For example, when I saw this for the first time in NCAA 11, my return man was shown on the PBP having a -57 yard return. I didn't check Player Stats to see what it said there.

- BYU Stadium Name: The game shows it as "Lavell Edwards Stadium." Technically, it is "LaVell."

- Road to Glory 4th Down Cam: Had the CPU go for it on 4th down and the camera started on the 'broadcast/special teams angle' before quickly (and very late) swinging back to behind my player.

- Season Stat Sorting: When you look at player season stats, the sorting for Sacks is incorrect. It does not seem to recognize the half-sacks. IE: The first player listed may have 6.5, next few will have 6.0, then more with 6.5, etc. This goes along with the issue when sorting by Total Tackles does not work. When sorting this column, it is actually sorting by Solo Tackles. (Same goes for in-game/end of game stats.)

gschwendt
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
- CPU No-Huddle with Wildcat: Just saw this myself for the first time. When a no-huddle team starts a drive and their first play is from the Wildcat, the next play is Wildcat as well. Odd (but I think I understand why it does that), but adding to it, the commentary (Nessler) believes the regular QB is under center and will still say the QBs name, even when it's the RB who takes the hike and then gets tackled.
Related to this, there are several plays formations that don't match up with personnel when you no-huddle to a new formation. For example, if you go from the Wildcat to a different formation, the HB stays at QB and the QB stays at WR. As well, there's several formations that when going from 3WR 1TE set to another 3WR 1TE set, the TE will be put at WR and a WR will be put at TE; for examples, look at the Arkansas State playbook and I believe it's going from Shotgun Trips to Shotgun Y-Trips.

Additionally, it happens to the defense as well. One particular example is going from a Dime to a Nickel, the MLB will move to CB and the two CBs will move to LB.

jaymo76
07-23-2010, 09:52 PM
For the last three games, the ESPN/EA Score box at the end of the game has been BLACK. No teams, no scores, just all black boxes.

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
- CPU No-Huddle with Wildcat: Just saw this myself for the first time. When a no-huddle team starts a drive and their first play is from the Wildcat, the next play is Wildcat as well. Odd (but I think I understand why it does that), but adding to it, the commentary (Nessler) believes the regular QB is under center and will still say the QBs name, even when it's the RB who takes the hike and then gets tackled.The Commentary is consistent with last year, unfortunately. Nesslar is surprised every time that it's a direct snap to the HB.

Interesting though that G sees audibles being weird on Wildcat. That's not particularly surprising, I suppose ... last year you couldn't audible out of wildcat. Even if you wanted to, it wasn't allowed. I think it was Wildcat (Normal) that you couldn't even use Formation Audibles. Wildcat Spread you could at least use Formation Audibles.

- Penalty on Kick Returns: An issue in the series for a while, if there's a penalty on the return team, you get some messed up stats. For example, when I saw this for the first time in NCAA 11, my return man was shown on the PBP having a -57 yard return. I didn't check Player Stats to see what it said there.I've checked this in the past, and the game stats are correct. I think the Highlights display it wrong as well. Not 100% sure.

gschwendt
07-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Interesting though that G sees audibles being weird on Wildcat. That's not particularly surprising, I suppose ... last year you couldn't audible out of wildcat. Even if you wanted to, it wasn't allowed. I think it was Wildcat (Normal) that you couldn't even use Formation Audibles. Wildcat Spread you could at least use Formation Audibles.
Actually I misstated that. I believe you still cannot audible out of the Wildcat, however if you go no-huddle, you are of course given the option to pick a new play and when it's a new formation, that's when the issues I described occur.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Actually I misstated that. I believe you still cannot audible out of the Wildcat, however if you go no-huddle, you are of course given the option to pick a new play and when it's a new formation, that's when the issues I described occur.Neither of those items are particularly surprising to me.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:33 AM
The Left Sleeve/Right Sleeve options on editing Player Equipment are all screwed up. I think I've figured out why.

Starting from Short, you have:
Short
Long White
Long Black
Btm 1/2 Sleeve White

These all function as expected.

Then you have "Btm 1/2 Sleeve BlackTop 1/2 Sleeve White", at least that's how it displays on the screen. This is just the Btm 1/2 Sleeve Black.

From there on, everything is one off in progression.

Top 1/2 Sleeve Black is actually White.
3/4 Sleeve White is a black top half-sleeve
3/4 Sleeve Black is ... I honestly can't figure out what it is. It's not 3/4 of the way down. It honestly looks like normal Sleeve length, and it's white. I think it's "Normal".
Normal is the same as the previous, except Black.

EDIT: Similarly, both the Left/Right Forearm Bands and Left/Right Calf Bands have the colors switched. White is Black and Black is White.

EDIT2: Under the Elbows, there are settings for "Short" and "Long White". Neither does anything, and I suspect they shouldn't be there.

EDIT3: I suspect this is a Teambuilder only bug, but there's also a problem with players having equipment that the game doesn't recognize. So I'll go to edit a player for the first time, and his Sleeves will say "Short". But he'll be wearing half-length pink sleeves.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 05:27 PM
When you use the Ohio State 09 Pro Combat helmet in Teambuilder, the numbers come out pink, instead of black.Well, this might explain that.

I just noticed that the regular Ohio State helmets include the numbers on the back near the stripe. Shockingly (or not so), they're pink as well. I wouldn't be altogether shocked if someone used Alabama's helmet on a Teambuilder team and those numbers came out pink.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I've twice, with two different TeamBuilder teams, seen a cutscene where I see a bunch of players from the opposing team celebrating, with two players from my team in the middle, all in front of my bench. This is after a big play by my team.

jaymo76
07-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I've twice, with two different TeamBuilder teams, seen a cutscene where I see a bunch of players from the opposing team celebrating, with two players from my team in the middle, all in front of my bench. This is after a big play by my team.

+1 ... saw the same thing a few days ago. They showed my sideline and a few of the opposing players cheering with my team AFTER I gave up a TD.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:08 PM
+1 ... saw the same thing a few days ago. They showed my sideline and a few of the opposing players cheering with my team AFTER I gave up a TD.Teambuilder or non-TB? Wondering if it's a TB only bug.

jaymo76
07-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Teambuilder or non-TB? Wondering if it's a TB only bug.

non teambuilde...

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I still don't know why/when it happens, but I've seen it yet again on NCAA 11.

Sometimes, the defensive players will come out of the huddle all wrong, and one of the CB will be ridiculously off the LOS. Just now, I had the ball on my 38, the defense appears to have been in a 3-3-5 (2 SS, not Nickel) with Show Blitz on. The #1 CB on my opponent lined up in the end zone.

AustinWolv
07-25-2010, 01:13 PM
I still don't know why/when it happens, but I've seen it yet again on NCAA 11.

Sometimes, the defensive players will come out of the huddle all wrong, and one of the CB will be ridiculously off the LOS. Just now, I had the ball on my 38, the defense appears to have been in a 3-3-5 (2 SS, not Nickel) with Show Blitz on. The #1 CB on my opponent lined up in the end zone.

Pretty sure I posted about a similar thing earlier, but I can't recall seeing the CPU do it too.
Seen it in 3-3-5 repeatedly, not sure about other defenses, but putting Show Blitz or Press coverage on will cause him to go into a drop animation from the LOS and he'll just keep dropping.......he's been 30-40 yards downfield at the snap because I didn't notice. When I see that bug start, I quick audible to pretty much any defense to get him out of the animation.

AustinWolv
07-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm really getting really annoyed with the 'website returned an error' popup message when doing recruiting on the online dynasty site.......because it closes the call with the particular recruit at the moment and you lose those fucking minutes.

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Pretty sure I posted about a similar thing earlier, but I can't recall seeing the CPU do it too. If memory serves from last year, you won't notice it with the CPU. They come out in Show Blitz, they don't audible to it at the end of the line. So he's already off the LOS and waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy far away as soon as the huddle breaks.

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Formation Subs for Punt Return Normal do not match the team that actually takes the field. One of the gunners in the formation sub screen (inside right) is actually the last man on the line on the left side. One of the actual gunners (I believe inside left), is not depicted anywhere on Formation Subs.

steelerfan
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I just finished my 1st season of a single player offline Dynasty with Notre Dame. I played their actual schedule and went 10-2. Had decent wins over Pittsburgh and Utah. The losses came to Stanford and USC. I finished #12 in both polls and the BCS standings. I was rewarded with a trip to the.............GMAC Bowl to play MAC runner up, Ohio.

Whaaaat?!?!

A 10-2, #12 Irish team would never, ever, ever, ever be in that position.

AustinWolv
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
That's what they should get since they've been stealing bowl money for 15+ years now. LOL.

morsdraconis
07-26-2010, 08:00 PM
That's what they should get since they've been stealing bowl money for 15+ years now. LOL.

I completely agree. Fuck Notre Dame!

SmoothPancakes
07-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I completely agree. Fuck Notre Dame!

+1

Granted I'm a little bit biased. :D

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
+1

Granted I'm a little bit biased. :D

Who isn't when it's Notre Dame? :D

steelerfan
07-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Who isn't when it's Notre Dame? :D

Meh, I think college football is better when certain teams, ND being one, are good. I don't share, or really comprehend, the venom for the Irish. Of course, I understand why a WVU fan would harbor anger (1988). Or Michigan or Navy for that matter.

steelerfan
07-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Back on topic, I found a Dynasty bug (not sure if it's well known). And, this one irritates me. The Custom Schedule feature is flawed. In year 1 I ended up with 9 home games. The game changed some games from away games even though I didn't even "customize" the schedule. In year 2, I did customize the schedule and the game changed 6 home/away locations. Luckily, I still have 6 of each but it's annoying. Pay attention to what happens to your OOC schedule. Maybe it's just an Independent/ND problem.

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Back on topic, I found a Dynasty bug (not sure if it's well known). And, this one irritates me. The Custom Schedule feature is flawed. In year 1 I ended up with 9 home games. The game changed some games from away games even though I didn't even "customize" the schedule. In year 2, I did customize the schedule and the game changed 6 home/away locations. Luckily, I still have 6 of each but it's annoying. Pay attention to what happens to your OOC schedule. Maybe it's just an Independent/ND problem.

That may be the case as I've never seen that happen in other conferences, but I haven't played with Notre Dame or any Independent teams.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I've already had that problem with my Navy dynasty. I had it set up with 6 home/6 away when I made my schedule. Now that I'm in season, I notice that my 4th game against Houston is scheduled as a home game, when it was supposed to be an away game. I also had problems at first during pre-season while trying to customize my schedule with 2 or 3 games constantly switching from home or away to the other when I'd back out of the custom schedules and save the schedule changes.

morsdraconis
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
So it sounds like it's definitely an independent school issue. That really sucks...

steelerfan
07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I've already had that problem with my Navy dynasty. I had it set up with 6 home/6 away when I made my schedule. Now that I'm in season, I notice that my 4th game against Houston is scheduled as a home game, when it was supposed to be an away game. I also had problems at first during pre-season while trying to customize my schedule with 2 or 3 games constantly switching from home or away to the other when I'd back out of the custom schedules and save the schedule changes.

Have you found any workaround? Between this and the BS Bowl invite, I'm getting very irritated with this Dynasty.

PigSooie
07-27-2010, 01:11 PM
In Road to Glory, when you sign with LSU as a running back. In your practices, the defense and the offense are both wearing the same color uniforms.

It's hard to look for holes in the line and find who to juke, truck, spin around, when everyone's wearing the same color! LOL!

JeffHCross
07-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Pig, if you wouldn't mind, load up a Dynasty with LSU and see if their weekly practices have the same problem. I would assume they do.

PigSooie
07-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Pig, if you wouldn't mind, load up a Dynasty with LSU and see if their weekly practices have the same problem. I would assume they do.

We'll do. I'll let ya know tonight.

steelerfan
07-28-2010, 12:47 PM
So it sounds like it's definitely an independent school issue. That really sucks...

Actually found out today that it's not just an Independent school issue. I'm using PSU in the TGT OD and had 6 home games scheduled by cdj. The game ended up giving me only 5 while others got 6, 7 or even 8. cdj worked hard to put together a balanced and fair schedule for our OD only to have the game override his work.

The good news is, EA is aware of the issue.

psusnoop
07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I posted this in a different section but I think it should go here:

Having a problem with syncing up with players online and in the online dynasty:

This is happening to more and more people. I had a friend the other night that I couldn't connect up to play our OD game. We tried for 2.5hrs before we got connected. We both turned our headsets on and meet in the lobby, then I invited him to play, it loaded we ran a few plays each, went back to the OD and tried again with headsets on, couldn't connect, we backed out, turned off headsets and invited him again, boom it worked and we got our game in that we started trying around 10pm. We finished at 1:45am. Big thanks to Gschwendt.

Having said that though, Escobar and myself tried to play a EAGCCS game yesterday and it wouldn't sync up giving us the same exact message. We tried about 10 times and gave up. Escobar stated that he is having this issue quite a bit.

I know this is such a broad message with different details for everyone I'm sure, but if we could pass this information onto EA that would be great.

steelerfan
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Stadium Sounds is a little iffy. 2 of my 10 home games have had no Sounds trigger and so the default Sounds are replaced by silence. Also, there are times where the game lags and then a loud "pop" sound precedes the onset of the Stadium Sound.

Marlowe
07-28-2010, 09:45 PM
- Ok guys, just found a really crazy glitch... I have no idea what play or playbook, but my friend is North Carolina and he was playing LSU. Well, the QB for LSU ran and slid and the ball fell out of his hands for a fumble. Here's where it gets crazy. The ball hits the turf and nobody can pick the ball up... They kick the ball around and dive at it for 3 minutes, and eventually my friend quits because nobody can pick it up. He recorded it on his phone. Just thought I'd put it out there to see if it may be able to be addressed.

- It was in Dynasty in the first week Noth Carolina AT LSU. My friend was North Carolina.

- It was in the first quarter. It was a shotgun formation and the LSU QB dropped back and rolled right. When he got right past the line of scrimmage marker it looked like he attempted a fake pitch or pitch and then immediately slid. As he was sliding the ball fell out of his right hand and hit the ground resulting in a fumble. For about 3 minutes the ball was kicked around. Nobody could pick it up and it resulted in time expiring in the quarter. He eventually paused the game and quit and re started.

- We recorded some of the vid on his phone and I will try to get that up asap.

I just had this happen exactly the way you describe in an online dynasty game. Had to restart the game as no one could pick up the ball.

Kingpin32
07-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Stadium Sounds is a little iffy. 2 of my 10 home games have had no Sounds trigger and so the default Sounds are replaced by silence. Also, there are times where the game lags and then a loud "pop" sound precedes the onset of the Stadium Sound.

That's happened to me too, except for the "pop" sound, I haven't had that happen yet.

PigSooie
07-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Yep Jeff ... it's white on white crime in LSU's practice in the dynasty's practice mode, too. Same unis.

cdj
07-29-2010, 12:52 AM

I've had an issue where when Previewing the sounds, some are distorted or have a slight echo to them. These are with songs that worked just fine in-game on 09 & 10. I did not assign these distorted sounds to an in-game event to see if/how they play in-game.

Kingpin mentioned this in the Impressions Thread, but I have noticed that (in one game with TT at least), no default songs play after scores for Texas Tech.

morsdraconis
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
I had an issue with my Road To Glory QB where I was on Georgia Tech and was doing hurry up on the offensive side of the ball with a FB Speed Option play and no matter which direction I changed the play to be (one of the few option plays where you can decide which direction to run the ball in) it would show the art as going the other direction but when I snapped the ball the play was going the original direction. Happened twice in a row. Unfortunately, I don't remember what formation it was exactly and I haven't tested it out in a normal game to see if it's the same issue, but with Road To Glory you can only choose the same play you just ran (since it calls the plays for you) and for some reason I couldn't change the direction of that option play.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Every player in Dynasty, when scheduling them for a visit, reacts along the lines of "Why didn't you schedule this last week?". I don't think it actually has an effect on gameplay, but in terms of user feedback, it's getting really old really quick.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 12:26 PM
I have absolutely no clue what just happened ...

I had a player on my board that I was #1 on, with a fairly sizeable lead. He had just turned "Ready" in Week 13. I had already offered scholarship many, many weeks ago.

I clicked on him, chose 6 topics, and hit X to do it manually. The Call Summary screen instantly came up, it had one topic "Offered scholarship and he committed! +5000". The logo in the top left corner of the screen (by his picture) was not my school's, but Air Force's.

He does show up on my board as a Hard Commit, but I have no clue what just happened.

EDIT: The call also cost me only 10 minutes.

gschwendt
07-31-2010, 01:21 PM
I have absolutely no clue what just happened ...

I had a player on my board that I was #1 on, with a fairly sizeable lead. He had just turned "Ready" in Week 13. I had already offered scholarship many, many weeks ago.

I clicked on him, chose 6 topics, and hit X to do it manually. The Call Summary screen instantly came up, it had one topic "Offered scholarship and he committed! +5000". The logo in the top left corner of the screen (by his picture) was not my school's, but Air Force's.

He does show up on my board as a Hard Commit, but I have no clue what just happened.

EDIT: The call also cost me only 10 minutes.I've seen that quite a few times as well, similar scenario. No clue why it happens that way but I think it's intended as a mid-week commit.

JeffHCross
07-31-2010, 02:55 PM
SG Trips HB Wk - Flood Switch. At least in the SMU playbook, this play has play art that suggests there are 3 primary routes (the Trips receivers) and only one remaining, progression, route.

When the play actually loads, the "primary" receiver, is, in fact, the HB blocking in the backfield. So none of the four routes are designated primary. Not a problem for a human, though I'm not sure how the CPU would handle the play.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 09:06 PM
If a team (i.e. Teambuilder) has Black as their primary color, the state highlight on the Pipeline States map is the same color as the background. Except for the change in the bottom left corner (Top 3 Prospects from ...), there's no indication you're moving around the map.

JeffHCross
08-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Occasionally depth of field for replays gets totally screwed up. And once it messes up, it doesn't return. The other day I had a game where all of the post-game photos that were taken were blurry because Depth of Field was wrong. Now it's somehow gotten set wrong in the 2nd quarter of my game. The last five consecutive post-play cutscenes have been one massive blur.

Thankfully, gameplay is unaffected.

steelerfan
08-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I've seen that a handful of times too, Jeff. Fortunately, it's returned each time except one for me. Usually after 5-10 plays.

cdj
08-02-2010, 04:26 PM
In Recruiting sometime the point totals do not add up correctly.

For example, I just earned 41 points when pitching Campus Lifestyle plus 9 points for a Pipeline Bonus. However, after the call it shows that being +51 and not +50. When this happens, it's always one point off either way. In the same phone call, I earned +67 and +16 Pipeline Bonus (I don't remember what pitch), but was only given +82 when it should have been +83.

On another call, +51 and +12 Pipeline gave +64 on Television Exposure.

steelerfan
08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
I wanna touch on a few things with statistics.

The only way to view a kickers longest FG is in his player card. Therefore, you can't sort every kicker by longest FG. So, in order to know who kicked the longest FG, you'd have to click on each kicker's player card individually.

In the player card (which is the only data that carries over year to year), FG and PAT% is listed as "0.7" instead of ".783". That needs fixing.

Sometimes players stat averages (ie yards per catch) vary by .1 between Season Stats and the players card.

I'd like to see team stat rankings listed as per game averages instead of raw totals. In the game previews, it'd be more useful in case teams have played an uneven amount of games.

All of these things have been this way since the move to next gen.

steelerfan
08-02-2010, 08:12 PM
When you highlight a game on the upcoming week's schedule and press the "Help" button (Select button on PS3), you get this message: "Only televised games will have the three-man ESPN commentary crew of Nessler, Herbstreit, and Corso."

Oops.

Also, I'm 8-3 and ranked #11 in the BCS in season 2 with Notre Dame and I am projected to go to the GMAC Bowl AGAIN. I'm beginning to think that ND will always go to the GMAC Bowl if they fall short of reaching a BCS game. Grrr.

morsdraconis
08-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Just had a major bug/flaw.

With the Auburn playbook, either of their wildcat formations, you can't make ANY changes beyond that play nor can you audible out of the play or do any formation audibles at all. Once you choose one of those wildcat plays, you're stuck with it no matter what.

Now, I'm not sure if formation audibles had something to do with it (I did make some changes) and I haven't tested it in practice, but I was playing an offline dynasty game and wasn't able to change the play at all if a choose a wildcat formation play.

ebin
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
In Recruiting sometime the point totals do not add up correctly.

I've noticed that too. It seems to happen pretty often, but I haven't noticed any particular pattern to it. But yeah, it's always 1 point either way. Doubt it affects things much.

JeffHCross
08-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I've noticed that too. It seems to happen pretty often, but I haven't noticed any particular pattern to it. But yeah, it's always 1 point either way. Doubt it affects things much.It's a rounding thing.

If you get +40 on a pitch, Pipeline will show up as +9. From my calculations, the Pipeline bonus is 23-25%. So it should be showing up as +10. But then at the top of screen and at the summary it will show +50.

My assumption is that the bonus is calculated perhaps just under 25%, but the initial display uses a ROUND_DOWN() method and shows +9.

With the Auburn playbook, either of their wildcat formations, you can't make ANY changes beyond that play nor can you audible out of the play or do any formation audibles at all. Once you choose one of those wildcat plays, you're stuck with it no matter what.Shouldn't be the case in Wildcat Spread (or at least it wasn't in NCAA '10), but in NCAA '10 that was the case for regular Wildcat. Has nothing to do with formation audibles, I believe it's by design.

ebin
08-04-2010, 12:05 AM
It's a rounding thing.

If you get +40 on a pitch, Pipeline will show up as +9. From my calculations, the Pipeline bonus is 23-25%. So it should be showing up as +10. But then at the top of screen and at the summary it will show +50.

My assumption is that the bonus is calculated perhaps just under 25%, but the initial display uses a ROUND_DOWN() method and shows +9.

Figured it was something like that. Thanks for taking the time to do the actual math. :)

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Minor glitch... BUT... I scored a TD against UCLA and their flag team ran through the endzone celebrating...

JeffHCross
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Figured it was something like that. Thanks for taking the time to do the actual math. :)Sadly, I was doing it on the very first recruiting call I made on the game. I needed to know what the bonus was.

I was so disappointed when I realized it was ridiculously simple math ... so simple I shouldn't have even needed to do a calculation.

ebin
08-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Sadly, I was doing it on the very first recruiting call I made on the game. I needed to know what the bonus was.

I was so disappointed when I realized it was ridiculously simple math ... so simple I shouldn't have even needed to do a calculation.

Yeah, now that you've pointed it out, I feel like an ass for not noticing just how simple it was.

jaymo76
08-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Just had my first FREEZE since 09!!! 43 seconds left and I am down 31-28 to ND. I am going for an onside kick but I am terrible at them so I decide to supersim.... AND... it froze as soon as I chose that option. I freakin lost it... one of the best games I have played in years!!!! Normally I never supersim a play but whatever.... frustrating...

morsdraconis
08-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Shouldn't be the case in Wildcat Spread (or at least it wasn't in NCAA '10), but in NCAA '10 that was the case for regular Wildcat. Has nothing to do with formation audibles, I believe it's by design.

It's definitely the case in both Wildcat formations.

And you're saying that they purposely made it where you can't even audible out of the play at all?

jaymo76
08-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Took me awhile to figure this one out but during the cut scene where the two players jump and chest bump one another I kept seeing this #36 guy (named Gordon). I didn't think much of it but I knew I had no starter #36. Well, I saw him 4-5 times today so finally I checked it out.... not only is he not a starter, BUT I have no #36 (Gordon) on my team. Who is this guy???

JeffHCross
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
And you're saying that they purposely made it where you can't even audible out of the play at all?I do not believe it was purposeful that you couldn't even use Formation Audibles. Wildcat Spread, on '10, would at least let you use Formation Audibles.

I do believe not letting you use regular audibles out of Wildcat is by design. When the CPU does it (as part of no huddle), the HB gets moved to QB. Obvious potential exploit.

On the Online Dynasty website, Run Block Strength ratings are listed as "Run Block Foot Strength".

JeffHCross
08-07-2010, 11:41 PM
If a cutscene event (or a replay) happens while a CPU No Huddle team is on offense, and they're trying to run No Huddle, then the game will return to the playcall screen. You'll pick your defensive play, then the No Huddle defense screen will pop up, defaulting to the play you just picked. But after you pick your play, you're locked into the default defensive player for that formation (you can't change players), and no other pre-play button presses appear to have any effect. Once the ball is snapped, control is restored.

HuskerBlitz
08-08-2010, 12:08 AM
It may be odd, but I kind of like the field goal kicking camera issue. It makes kicking field goals more interesting.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 12:13 AM
My sucky kicker makes FG kicking interesting enough.

HuskerBlitz
08-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I played Colorado today and needed a 44-yarder on the final play to avoid overtime. The camera was set off to the left hash mark but I managed to bang the ball off the left upright and in for the win. Just made the field goal a lot more interesting to try to make.

steelerfan
08-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there appears to be a workaround for the game changing your home/away scheduling. After season 2 of my ND Dynasty, I moved some things around in Custom Schedules. When I was done I backed out and "Accepted" the changes. I then went back into Custom Schedules. I noticed that 1 of my games had the wrong home/away setting. I changed it to what it should be and backed out again. I went into Custom Schedules a 3rd time and everything was right so I backed out again and advanced. When the season started, I looked at my schedule and everything was right.

jaymo76
08-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I fumble in OT against USC and the DE picks it up and runs to the endzone for a TD and USC wins 37-24 in double OT. However, my player hits the ground before the ball is let loose. I go to challenge and the cpu won't let me... the challenge screen is gone because the game is over as soon as the clock hits zero. I lose because of the B.S. challenge system. Then the best part... I go to instant replay after the game to see the last play AND I watch the USC offense score a TD the series BEFORE the fumble????? WTF??? Anyone else see this yet? I was really choked as this will cost me a BCS Title birth.

HuskerBlitz
08-08-2010, 05:49 PM
You couldn't challenge plays on the final play in 10 either.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Which is actually right, if memory serves, because all challenges within the last few minutes are done by the booth, not the coaches, right?

But I'm pretty sure the game itself won't trigger a challenge for the final play ... and that is a mistake either way.

JeffHCross
08-08-2010, 10:16 PM
There's an animation that plays for a horse-collar tackle, but it's called, and penalized as, a facemask.

SmoothPancakes
08-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there appears to be a workaround for the game changing your home/away scheduling. After season 2 of my ND Dynasty, I moved some things around in Custom Schedules. When I was done I backed out and "Accepted" the changes. I then went back into Custom Schedules. I noticed that 1 of my games had the wrong home/away setting. I changed it to what it should be and backed out again. I went into Custom Schedules a 3rd time and everything was right so I backed out again and advanced. When the season started, I looked at my schedule and everything was right.

I noticed that back when I was trying out OD tests when I was still gonna do a Navy single player OD, however, I did that three times to make sure my schedule was how I wanted, and it still changed on me between the pre-season menus and Week 1.

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
This may have been mentioned earlier, but is still occurring after Patch #2. If you play with Notre Dame at home, using their default home uniform, or Northwestern with the same, player names are not displayed for the controlled player. I don't believe player names were displayed when using Coach Cam to look at routes either.

Changing Notre Dame to their white uniform instead of blue returns the player names.

EDIT: Confirmed with steelerfan that this also affects Dynasty.

morsdraconis
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
There is a HUGE HUGE HUGE exploit with Pump Fake now. If you pump fake backwards, which causes the QB to completely turn around, it causes anyone in man coverage to come flying toward the QB, leaving people WIDE open.

Appears to only be in the 360 version though as people on the PS3 have tried it with nothing happening.

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 10:00 PM
I have to admit, that's borderline hilarious.

morsdraconis
08-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Another pretty significant bug:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/30021464

Don't know if you can quite tell, but the line of scrimmage is the 49 of WVU's side of the field but Tyrod Taylor actually steps up to the 47 1/2 or so before throwing the ball, causing the receiver downfield and pretty much everyone else to think he's running the ball instead of throwing it.

He shouldn't even be able to throw the ball at that point because it would be an illegal forward pass.

Only time I had it happen, but it was pretty significant.

steelerfan
08-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Changing Notre Dame to their white uniform instead of blue returns the player names.

Player names appear with ND's green jerseys too, just for the record.

AustinWolv
08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
When you run audible, sometimes the OL will adjust their stance and line up at an angle.

JeffHCross
08-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Another pretty significant bug:This has been there, at least in principle, for as long as I can remember in the series. I don't think the act in general is a bug ... though in previous iterations you could only do it if you started the throw behind the line of scrimmage and your animation carried you across the line. You definitely could not get into a situation where you were across the line (thus making every AI player thinking you were running) and then could throw the ball.

Though, as I write this, I seem to recall that being a bug in at least one title last year ...

morsdraconis
08-12-2010, 09:58 PM
That was actually done by the CPU.

JeffHCross
08-12-2010, 10:59 PM
That was actually done by the CPU.Well, the CPU would be able to do it under the same conditions as a Human player. But that's the first time I've heard of it causing the defense to read run and the QB be fully across the line before the animation started.

cdj
08-15-2010, 05:48 PM
The countless grammatically incorrect Recruiting text reponses have been mentioned already, but here's a small error that comes up after every media upload:

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/thegamingtailgate/NCAA%20Football%2011/th_DSCN0970.jpg (http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/thegamingtailgate/NCAA%20Football%2011/?action=view&current=DSCN0970.jpg)

Successfully

JeffHCross
08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Eh, that's just spelling ;)

Jayrah
08-16-2010, 03:22 AM
I fumble in OT against USC and the DE picks it up and runs to the endzone for a TD and USC wins 37-24 in double OT. However, my player hits the ground before the ball is let loose. I go to challenge and the cpu won't let me... the challenge screen is gone because the game is over as soon as the clock hits zero. I lose because of the B.S. challenge system. Then the best part... I go to instant replay after the game to see the last play AND I watch the USC offense score a TD the series BEFORE the fumble????? WTF??? Anyone else see this yet? I was really choked as this will cost me a BCS Title birth.

not in 11 but i saw it in 10. 1 was a fumble. The other was acpu td pass clearly out of the endzone. Called a td on 3rd down. No replay to be shown. Needs to be fixed. This would be a terrific Tuning update IMO

Jayrah
08-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Weird play just happened in my WSU dynasty. Arizona @ Wsu. Don't remember the down and distance but UA driving inside WSU 30. Middle screen is called. Flag is thrown as the qb drops back, he throws complete, and 10 yards down the field the ball is fumbled. Defense recovers and gets tackled by the last man possible after running about 7 yards the other way. The tackler, who was an O-lineman, was hurt on the play, and "we'll take a break, while the injured player is attended too", happens from Nessler. All's well and good, except that penalty flag that was thrown is never explained upon or given the option to accept or decline. A lot happened on the play, but I think the injury ultimately overrode the penalty call. That needs to be fixed, it could cost someone a game!

AustinWolv
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Stupid issue during online dynasty:

File will not upload/update to the server after 'players leaving' task during the offseason. You just get the 'transfer failed' screen with the option to 'try again' or 'exit online dynasty'.
If you skip trying to persuade the players to stay, then the file will upload and off you go like there was no problem, except that you just lost depth across your team. If you try to persuade guys to stay, the file will not upload and thus you can't continue.

Deleting files, retiring from the dynasty.....none of that works.

steelerfan
09-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Here's a new one, at least to me it is.

I was playing my game in Week 6 of the Cold Dead Hands OD. I am Rutgers and I was at home against UCONN. I was leading, 27-3 with just a few minutes left and UCONN is driving. UCONN QB Zac Frazer gets injured, a cutscene of the trainers tending to him on the field is shown. UCONN runs the no-huddle after the cutscene and Frazer stays on the field. Frazer throws a TD pass on the next play and then is replaced (and does not return, strained pec - I think) for the ensuing 2 pt attempt.

JeffHCross
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Few things while I'm thinking of them:
Related to steelerfan's ... sometimes when the CPU (haven't had it against a user, but I suppose it's possible) runs a no-huddle after the cut scene ... what actually happens is that you're taken back to the standard Playcall screen. You call a play, but then the No-Huddle playcall screen pops up, and you have to choose your play again. Furthermore, after choosing your play, no button works. You might be able to pause (I don't recall if I've tried), but you can't switch players, call hot routes, or do Run/Pass Commit, until the CPU team snaps the ball.

When you're choosing an opposing player to focus on, as a defense, you're shown the receivers as if it follows your own control scheme (noticeable only if you've customized the Receiver 1 - Receiver 5 controls). Last year I noted this because if used the default control scheme, even if you'd customized it. However, this year is shows you your custom scheme ... but you have to use the default scheme. The buttons you choose are tied into the original scheme, regardless of what's displayed about the receiver. This is both a good and bad thing. You can have L2 as a receiver button, but this can't be used with the Defensive Key feature, because you're holding down L2 at the time. Either need to rethink this or return to the default control scheme display for opponents.

Recruit pitch swaying + visit bug as detailed here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?553-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Recruiting-Central&p=21000&viewfull=1#post21000).

On Ace Bunch Base, there's a toss play to the left (away from the Bunch) with auto-motion. However, the split-end (WR on left) does not make a move to block until a second or two into the play. By then, the man he is supposed to block has, often, already made a play on the ball carrier. It's essentially a broken play.

Jayrah
09-06-2010, 07:21 PM
The rushing totals on the OD "game details" pop up are not showing. Yards per rush and attempts and all other totals are good, just the rushing totals not showing

gschwendt
09-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I played a game versus user team Memphis in an OD, however the pictures show UAB in the photos instead of Memphis... I haven't played UAB at all in this OD.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleDynastyHub&dynid=74584&sku=661A0001

JeffHCross
09-13-2010, 09:13 PM
The hell?!

gschwendt
09-13-2010, 10:52 PM
The hell?!
Another interesting note is that the UAB owner is set to Autopilot at the moment... Picture #4 I can believe as being from the game played (aside from the UAB uniform) but the others I can't say one way or another.

JeffHCross
11-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I just had a clipping call against my Punt Return team. Penalty occurred at the CPU 46, while I returned it to the CPU 39. The CPU declined the penalty. Now, I couldn't see the choices, so I have no idea if somehow the "Accept" logic messed up, but I can't imagine a circumstance where you would decline that penalty.

jaymo76
11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
When you take a top rated transfer who should be a starter on D he is on the field for celebrations (after a big play the two defenders chest bump) even though he is not dressed/playing that season. Looks very stupid...

JeffHCross
11-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Just had a bug with No Huddle. It's a by-product of this bug that I mentioned previously:

Related to steelerfan's ... sometimes when the CPU (haven't had it against a user, but I suppose it's possible) runs a no-huddle after the cut scene ... what actually happens is that you're taken back to the standard Playcall screen. You call a play, but then the No-Huddle playcall screen pops up, and you have to choose your play again. Furthermore, after choosing your play, no button works. You might be able to pause (I don't recall if I've tried), but you can't switch players, call hot routes, or do Run/Pass Commit, until the CPU team snaps the ball.If this happens after an injury (with the injury cut-scene and everything), then you can have a player that's injured (for example "Out for Game"), yet still on the field because the offense runs a no-huddle after the cutscene.

JeffHCross
11-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Cross-post from my "The Little Things (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1216-The-Little-Things)" wishlist thread:
Pre-snap adjustments should not lead to the crowd being pumped up / quieted down, or "jump the snap" attempts occurring. This appears to be because right-stick inputs are read as controls first, then pre-snap menu inputs second.

Example: Hot route a defensive player to a deep (light blue) zone, using Right-Stick Up. He'll get hot routed, but also try to pump up the crowd. Pumping up the crowd is the normal Right-Stick Up input, but shouldn't happen while in Pre-Snap menus.

This also happens with hot routing a player to a drag (I think?) route (right stick down) on offense, and has also been reported to lead to players trying to jump the snap on defense (not sure what control does that regularly).

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
In the Formation Subs, for Troy's playbook, there is a formation called "Shotgun - Twin TE_Panthers". In the playbook, this is called "Wild Trojan". I have a suspicion that a lot of the custom-named Wildcat formations have similar issues.

JeffHCross
12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
If you choose to "Watch Next Play" in Super Sim mode in Road to Glory (or any Super Sim, I think) against a No Huddle team, you're stuck watching the play until they stop running No Huddle.

JeffHCross
12-30-2010, 03:26 PM
The Broadcast Cameras Highlight angle is fundamentally broken in Road to Glory. It just uses the last position of the camera (whether from during play or during another replay), pans until it finds the ball, and runs from there without moving. There are no cuts, no different angles, nothing.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 08:34 PM
If you're using the Texas book, you can Audible out of Empty Trey Flex, but not 5WR Trey Flex. Formation Audibles do work, however. But one time I used the Run Formation Audible, the play art resembled a pass play, even though it was a QB draw.

JeffHCross
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
As discussed here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?1352-Unable-to-save-audibles-for-Pistol-Formation-only), though I don't believe it was previously mentioned in the Bugs thread ... the generic Pistol playbook does not save audibles. Apparently, neither does Run & Shoot.

psuexv
01-17-2011, 11:53 AM
When playing users games, if you pull up coaches cam it will sometimes stay zoomed out and you can't zoom back in. Also happens if an offensive player is set in motion.

JeffHCross
01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
When playing users games, if you pull up coaches cam it will sometimes stay zoomed out and you can't zoom back in. Also happens if an offensive player is set in motion.Yep. Though, most interestingly, if you happen to be playing a game against an opponent locally, and this happens, when your opponent hits his coach cam, the view will return. Was very surprised to see that.

JeffHCross
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I just chose "Instant Replay" from the post-game menu (which I'm not sure is always a choice), and instead of seeing the final play of the game, I'm watching the last play that was shown during the post-game highlights.

morsdraconis
02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
New one for me, Teambuilder team causing me to be unable to get past week 6 in my brand new dynasty. Has a game in week 6 that's FCS West at no one (the place where the team name should be is blank) and when you go to information, it only shows the FCS team and nothing on the other side. I've isolated it to me teambuilder team (it's my WVU Death Penalty team that I was going to make, but looks like I can't now because it's being utterly retarded).

Any ideas besides deleting that team and doing it over?

morsdraconis
02-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Guess I'll be recreating the team again...

gschwendt
02-12-2011, 12:16 AM
I just chose "Instant Replay" from the post-game menu (which I'm not sure is always a choice), and instead of seeing the final play of the game, I'm watching the last play that was shown during the post-game highlights.
Interestingly, if you exit that Replay, then go back into Instant Replay, you'll see the final play of the game as expected. Happened to me tonight when I watched the final play of the game in triple-OT that I lost because my HB was ruled to have fumbled the ball though his knee was down. I feel confident that had it not been the last play of the game, I would have retained possession.

morsdraconis
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Had a weird thing happen to me when I was trying to do my Death Penalty dynasty with WVU. I'd make the team and use Western Kentucky's roster on the teambuilder website and wouldn't change anything else about them at all besides making it WVU's stadium, uniform, etc.

I'd bring them into the game and replace WVU in the Big East and it would screw up the schedule where FCS West would be playing nobody (going into the game info screen, it would show nothing for the other team that they were supposed to play).

Nothing I did fixed it. I recreated the team, used Eastern Michigan's roster. Once again, changed nothing about the roster or team besides setting it to WVU's jerseys and stadium. Again, replaced WVU in the Big East, and again, screwed up.

So, I tried again, replacing a different team, and getting rid of WVU for my created WVU team (replaced someone with my team, then switched created WVU for real WVU and then replaced real WVU with the original team I switched out). Again, screwed up the schedule where FCS West had no one to play.

So, I finally gave up, created a different team (completely fictional) using Eastern Michigan's roster for the team and moved a shit ton of people around, but didn't touch WVU at all and it worked just fine.

The weird thing, WVU played FCS West in week 1 and then again in week 6 (where they are supposed to have a bye week).

Not sure what to make of it, but this is the first time I've noticed anything screwy with WVU's schedule.

JeffHCross
02-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Interestingly, if you exit that Replay, then go back into Instant Replay, you'll see the final play of the game as expected.Yep, you're right. I'm beginning to wonder if it always shows the final play from the highlights, I just never noticed before because I had no reason to go to Instant Replay. It happened again tonight for my bowl game ... same sequence as you described in your post.