PDA

View Full Version : New Features - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

cdj
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/NCAAFootballLogo.jpg

New Features

Have an idea for the next big feature in the NCAA Football franchise? Is there a feature from a previous version of the game or another sports franchise that should be brought over? Share it here!

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to new features for the NCAA Football franchise.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

souljahbill
07-13-2010, 04:40 AM
True Coach Mode that shows games from a broadcast camera post-snap (pre-snap uses the standard camera so people can make adjustments)

gschwendt
07-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Custom Playbooks - Very few limitations other than maybe total number of plays in a playbook, but if I want to have only 1 I-Form - Normal play and 75 plays in Shotgun - Normal, let me do so.

Create-a-Defense - Would love to have a full blown create-a-play but I know that's unlikely with all of the potential hitches that it could cause. However, with the C-a-D, I'm thinking not allow us to even create new formations, but rather edit player assignments. Essentially it would be similar to the hot-route capabilities that you can do pre-snap but these would be built into your playbook. It could be done either on-console or via a web-app.

ebin
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Create-a-Defense - Would love to have a full blown create-a-play but I know that's unlikely with all of the potential hitches that it could cause. However, with the C-a-D, I'm thinking not allow us to even create new formations, but rather edit player assignments. Essentially it would be similar to the hot-route capabilities that you can do pre-snap but these would be built into your playbook. It could be done either on-console or via a web-app.

This is a really cool idea.

Mine isn't really a new feature, but I'd like to see the option to have game stats emailed to me for offline games, like you can with ranked online games.

McGriffLe
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Two requests.

1. Online Dynasty Co-Op. The ability for 2 users to play on the same team in an online dynasty from separate consoles. Anyone else like this?

2. Create a play. Make formations and plays or just take the base defenses and make different blitz and coverage assignments than the standard ones they give us.

jaymo76
07-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Other than custom playbooks, what I want to see make a comeback is the skill and composure stick ala NCAA 06. In my opinion it was the best feature ever in the history of NCAA gaming.

steelerfan
08-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I wasn't really sure where to put this.

I'd like to see "3rd Down Back" and "Every Down LB" added to the Depth Chart. I always have to use Form Subs to get the right LBs in Nickel and Dime. The packages take too long to flip through. If I have a good pass catching back, I like to get him in in passing situations and there's not a great way to do that now.

I'd like to have a toggle to "Override Form Subs". This way, my Form Subs wouldn't be in effect in garbage time.

Jayrah
08-16-2010, 06:25 PM

I'd like to see "3rd Down Back" and "Every Down LB" added to the Depth Chart. I always have to use Form Subs to get the right LBs in Nickel and Dime. The packages take too long to flip through. If I have a good pass catching back, I like to get him in in passing situations and there's not a great way to do that now.

I'd like to have a toggle to "Override Form Subs". This way, my Form Subs wouldn't be in effect in garbage time.

Excellent ideas!

Rudy
08-17-2010, 05:31 AM
I always liked the 3rd down back position that Madden used to have (do they have it on the PS3 versions?). On 3rd and 5 or longer that RB would always come in.

For me I want in game saves more than anything. I would love it if they could add this. I'd also like discipline in dynasty mode.

Jayrah
09-18-2010, 01:31 AM
I think this would be a very fun, playful idea to work with:

"Create a Tradition"

Including Crowd Chants, Crowd gestures (Gator Chomp, Kansas wave, Washington hat/fist pump, FSU tomahawk, etc), Team celebrations, Team mantra/catch-phrase (gig 'em aggies, Go Cougs, Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go Blue, Go Big Red, etc.), etc.

Also include Stadium Sounds to add when this tradition is being executed.

JeffHCross
09-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Create-a-Defense - Would love to have a full blown create-a-play but I know that's unlikely with all of the potential hitches that it could cause. However, with the C-a-D, I'm thinking not allow us to even create new formations, but rather edit player assignments. Essentially it would be similar to the hot-route capabilities that you can do pre-snap but these would be built into your playbook. It could be done either on-console or via a web-app.I want to see this for both offense and defense. We don't need full blown Create-A-Play ... there are too many potential problems. But the ability to create plays via existing formation shifts or hot routes would be very, very nice.

JTynes
10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Just an idea, but it would be a cool to somehow make a "Team Editor", where you can edit a certain school's information, like you can on Teambuilder, but add options like custom uniforms and team entrances, where you can shoose to show your team running out of the tunnel that's in this year's game or running in the open depending on if your team even has a tunnel to run out of. Also, you could be able to choose to add team specific entrances that are already in the game as your team's entrance. For example, if your school runs out of a tunnel carrying an American flag you could choose Miami or Texas' entrance as your team's. This could also tie in to a uniform editor and such things without actually having to re-create a already existing team on Teambuilder. Like I said, it's just an idea but I believe this could be a great addition the NCAA in the next coupole of years.

Rudy
10-03-2010, 05:19 AM
I like the team editor. Another example is the simple ability to choose whether you want names on the jerseys or not. Miami removed them a couple years ago but added them back. Letting us choose that option (and font) and it would be cool. Pride stickers and the logo of choice could be an option as well.

Rudy
10-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I want the truck stick back the way it used to be. I want a shoulder charge and not some dual stick stuff that doesn't work that well (for me anyways). I want the stiff arm to make a return as well like it used to be on the PS2.

For defense, I'd love the ability to actually stop on the field where I want. Whenever I see a WR run a curl or even covering a punt I find it very hard to come to a stop exactly where I want. The momentum system makes it hard. It's almost like I need a brake button for my player to rapidly stop where I want.

JeffHCross
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
I find it very hard to come to a stop exactly where I want.Isn't that the entire point of the momentum system though? No more stopping on a dime.

Rudy
10-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Isn't that the entire point of the momentum system though? No more stopping on a dime.

I've had the same problem on next gen for any of the NCAA games. I can be 5-10 yards away from where I want to be but sometimes I can't get my player to get there. I'll spin around, run at the wrong angle or my player will be too twitchy. I'm fine with restrictions due to ratings for accelerating, weight, and momentum but I feel that the defensive control of the player is just subpar. I actually think adding more momentum would help and I don't think "locomotion" went far enough in NCAA this year. In pass coverage sometimes I find myself going in directions I don't want to go because the stick is too sensitive. I want momentum to be a big factor so cpu RBs can use it against me and cut inside but I feel like I don't have good control over my defender for the wrong reasons.

I know I'm struggling to explain myself but sometimes I just can't get to a spot because the stick controls don't work the way I want. It has nothing to do with momentum affecting me or realism. I never had this problem on the PS2 but it's something that's been an issue for me on the PS3. I enjoy playing the run on defense and rushing the passer occassionally is fun but defending the pass is often an exercise in futility for me on the PS3.

It just seems to me the NCAA team makes decisions on player control from an offensive perspective and not enough on a defensive perspective. But that's true for almost everyone. Virtually 90% of all impressions are based on offensive impressions. Somehow I'd like the defensive side to get more love. For one I want a true defensive camera at some point. The player lock is great for some guys but I want the same generaly gameplay camera just flipped 180 degrees.

baseballplyrmvp
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
how about a ball placement slider (hash mark to hash mark) on kickoffs?

JeffHCross
10-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I know I'm struggling to explain myself but sometimes I just can't get to a spot because the stick controls don't work the way I want. It has nothing to do with momentum affecting me or realism. I never had this problem on the PS2 but it's something that's been an issue for me on the PS3. I enjoy playing the run on defense and rushing the passer occassionally is fun but defending the pass is often an exercise in futility for me on the PS3.I think you're explaining yourself fine, but what's strange is that I haven't had that problem at all on PS3. My defensive control has been about the same as it was on PS2.

Rudy
10-05-2010, 04:55 AM
I almost always play as a LB. On the PS2 I used to be able to get a couple user picks a year although sometimes I would play as a safety. On the PS3 I am brutal in pass coverage. I don't know if I've had a single user pick in NCAA 11 and I've probably played around 70 games. I just don't like the feel of the player on defense. I'd like more momentum to smooth out my controls and perhaps slow down the cpu WRs breaks to let me make more plays.

psuexv
10-06-2010, 09:24 AM
I almost always play as a LB. On the PS2 I used to be able to get a couple user picks a year although sometimes I would play as a safety. On the PS3 I am brutal in pass coverage. I don't know if I've had a single user pick in NCAA 11 and I've probably played around 70 games. I just don't like the feel of the player on defense. I'd like more momentum to smooth out my controls and perhaps slow down the cpu WRs breaks to let me make more plays.

I agree Rudy - I used to play on the original Xbox and the user controls were tighter(for lack of a better term) and I thought offered more control. Then I switched to the PS3 when 09 came out and I noticed a huge difference. The defensive controls were very sensitive and almost felt loose. I originally marked this up to Xbox vs. PS but have never tried NCAA on a 360 to test my theory.

JeffHCross
10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I've also been horrible on defense on PS3 compared to PS2, but I never thought to attribute it to the controls. I just figured something else had changed to explain why my stick skills were no longer as good.

Rudy
10-07-2010, 05:37 AM
I really think it's the lack of weight to players Jeff. If they crank up momentum/locomotion then it slows everything down a little bit. Receivers don't cut as fast and your defensive controls get smoother which allow you to make more plays imo. I've always felt my defensive players on the PS3 were too twitchy and felt a bit out of control.

People seem to think lowering momentum helps you make more plays because you can cut on a dime. I think the exact opposite happens on defense as offensive players just scoot around you like you are a pylon. Even on offense a heavy momentum system can be beneficial as you use LBs weight against them on cutbacks. I love the jukes and spins - don't want to see that toned down but a little extra momentum would help me on defense. I think that's one reason why a lot of people like to play on a game speed slower than normal. It helps offset the overly quick players on the field.

psuexv
10-08-2010, 08:35 AM
This could probably go into the dynasty, dynasty wire thread too but putting it here. I would like the ability to create a highlight reel and make a recording of the whole game. Right now the game saves multiple "big play" highlights and it's typically quite a few. There is no reason they couldn't save every play and have a save game option that would put all the plays together so you could rewatch the game.

I know space on the servers is their big concern with this but they could only allow it to be saved locally to the PS3 and then the ability to upload to youtube or your computer so you can do with it as you please. Right now so many people are recording their games in other formats that EA could take advantage and have people using their interface.

The other request is a little simpler I think. The 5 highlight slots that I am allowed - have an option to save them together as one continuous highlight.

Rudy
10-08-2010, 06:08 PM
^The Show does a game highlight reel of all the scoring plays that is cool. No reason the NCAA team couldn't do that either.

And bring user stats back please!

baseballplyrmvp
10-09-2010, 10:38 AM
ability to make a gameplan for individual players or position groups.

prayj156
10-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I think this would be a very fun, playful idea to work with:

"Create a Tradition"

Including Crowd Chants, Crowd gestures (Gator Chomp, Kansas wave, Washington hat/fist pump, FSU tomahawk, etc), Team celebrations, Team mantra/catch-phrase (gig 'em aggies, Go Cougs, Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go Blue, Go Big Red, etc.), etc.

Also include Stadium Sounds to add when this tradition is being executed.
I love this Idea plus if you can edit your stadium entrance with music and entrance videos, crowds that jump to the music. I would also like to have the ability to upgrade your team's stadium with every winning season, until you reach a limit of fans like 100,000.

baseballplyrmvp
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
please, for the love of God, give us an option to turn player lock on or off. it happens too many times, that i try to time the snap with my players running at or near full speed, that it switches to the defensive player lock camera and it results in an offsides penalty.

Rudy
10-20-2010, 05:19 AM
please, for the love of God, give us an option to turn player lock on or off. it happens too many times, that i try to time the snap with my players running at or near full speed, that it switches to the defensive player lock camera and it results in an offsides penalty.

Yes! The L3 is a little too sensitive and I turn it on accidentally once in awhile.

jaymo76
10-23-2010, 10:45 PM
^The Show does a game highlight reel of all the scoring plays that is cool. No reason the NCAA team couldn't do that either.

And bring user stats back please!

Highlight reel... I may never turn off the game if that happens...

PDuncanOSU
10-27-2010, 08:42 AM

I like to use the mulitple defense playbook. I have a lot of versatile players on defense so I use the formation subs to keep basically the same personell on the field but in different allignments. My personell for the 4-3, 3-4, 5-2 and 46 defense are all the same. My nickel personell are all the same whether I use normal nickel, 3-3-5, or 2-4-5. The annoying part is, like you said, that I can't really bring in my second string in garbage time because the formation subs are still in effect.
I think a nice feature to fix this in next years game would be to kind of combine the depth chart and formation subs. What I'm picturing is that you would first set your overall depth chart, then would be able to edit a 2-deep for every formation if there were any you wanted to make different from the overall depth chart.

jWILL10
10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
There a lot of improvements that could be made, but my #1 suggestions is a NHL 11-esque physics engine that impacts tackling, catching, blocking, WR/BD interaction, etc. In additions, I would like to see some real-time presentation added (see MBL 10 The Show)...

kdog36
01-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Thinking as I go and play the games.

Would be nice to get Stats emailed to you the registered email. Would like to see my game stats emailed to me whether I play RANKED OR UNRANKED. what difference does it make.

thanks

RussellWilson
01-21-2011, 01:40 PM
It would be cool to have bowl patches on the jerseys and coaches on the sidelines

zacattak
04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
What about RTG player custimization like on The Show, 2k11 My player mode. you have to earn skill points to go up in stats. use the high school playoffs, and if you do well play in the army game for the graduating seniors. help earn skill points to place on your player. not where they are auto done. i like being able to customize my own player, not have him customized for me, or bring back the in week drills for skill points. bench. 40 yd dash. qb drills.. etc for points.. not for ratings necessarily. RTG could be tuned to be a lot better than what it actually is. great, but could be better.

You could also complete season goals and earn Skill points. etc

kingdeon23
06-11-2011, 03:43 AM
i think that
1. madden has revealed that is going to have self-portraits for all incoming draft class, dose that mean u guy's will have self potraits on the players in ncca 12 instead of cartoon looking faces.
2. the heisman ceremony's should be more in depht, it just hasnt felt like its a big deal as to real life winning a award is a forever lasting moment , it jus hasnt felt like what u see on tv,....... and also make other award's feel important, because they are in the real world.
3.be able to edit player attributes and phisycal features in dynasty mode
4. make the in game play-by-play commentary focous more on star players in college.. by their ( attributes, stats, awards, etc.) to make the game have more of a real life effect.
5. insert a post game show, half-time show and....... weekly show(like extra point in madden)and what would really make it the hottest sports game of the year is to add some actual hightlighs from top games arould the ncca..... jus saying

Those are the top request ive heard around town and on other sites like this one...... Thankz for reading