PDA

View Full Version : June 4th Madden Gameplay Reveal

Rudy
05-19-2012, 07:03 AM
There is speculation that this reveal on June 4th will be big AND also be included in NCAA. Here is something that someone posted on Pastapadre's site:

I had just gotten word from a friend of a friend who is a dev-tester for EA Tiburon. He is testing the game for the E3 presentations upcoming in June. He said this..."Madden 13 will BLOW YOUR MIND...", and..."Absolutely no one is prepared for what they will finally see on June 4th...", and the best quote from him..."This makes Backbreaker look like a game that was created by elementary kids..." WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!!! YES!!!! There should be some form of RTP implemented in Madden 13 for sure! He also went on to say that all of the gameplay videos for both Madden and NCAA 13 are from last years build with the new features thrown in...There has NOT been one gameplay video that are fully the '13 editions regarding gameplay. He did say one accidently sneaked out during the presentation blog for Madden 13...Can we say the Bengals vs. Steelers opening kickoff, anyone? THAT WAS RTP on tackling..."EA is gonna steal E3 this year...I promise!" He couldn't go into details as I was grilling him with questions...I KNOW FOR A FACT IT IS REAL-TIME PHYSICS! It has to be...So pumped right now...LOL!

This would be cool if true.

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 07:14 AM
There is speculation that this reveal on June 4th will be big AND also be included in NCAA. Here is something that someone posted on Pastapadre's site:

This would be cool if true.

First, if that's true for NCAA, their marketing team are fucking idiots. Let's sit here putting out all these videos, doing the gameplay webcast, putting out Quick Clips every Thursday, with last year's build of the game with some of the new features tagged on to make it look like it's directly from 13.

Second, the first reason alone makes me believe any speculation that it would be true for NCAA is completely false. They would not sit there doing the gameplay webcast and all these videos with a previous year's game for months just for the sake of "hiding" real-time physics so Madden could make the big announcement/reveal in June at E3.

Also, I'm not sure how "This makes Backbreaker look like a game that was created by elementary kids..." makes that guy instantly, immediately think that it could not possibly be ANYTHING other than RTP. Now I'm not saying I don't hope it is, because if RTP does make it's way into Madden (after experiencing and loving it in the NHL series), that may just get me to buy Madden on release this year. But I don't get how this guy can take one sentence about a feature blowing away what Backbreaker was, and immediately think it means RTP.

The simplest way to determine yes or no would be for one of the NCAA community day guys to respond about this. While if it is true, obviously they can't confirm it, but I would imagine if it was not true and RTP really will not be in NCAA in any form or fashion, they would allowed to say so and confirm that it will indeed not be in NCAA.

gschwendt
05-19-2012, 08:13 AM
I have no idea what June 4th entails but everything about NCAA gameplay has already been revealed... unless they were completely hiding it from us as well (no). My best thoughts are that June 4th is either indeed RTP (I have my doubts) or is somehow Kinect related (since we know it's in but haven't heard anything). I can't imagine the Kinect related stuff would warrant so much attention and hype so we'll have to see.

Deuce
05-19-2012, 08:13 AM
It'd be great but I don't see it happening. But who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 08:20 AM
I have no idea what June 4th entails but everything about NCAA gameplay has already been revealed... unless they were completely hiding it from us as well (no). My best thoughts are that June 4th is either indeed RTP (I have my doubts) or is somehow Kinect related (since we know it's in but haven't heard anything). I can't imagine the Kinect related stuff would warrant so much attention and hype so we'll have to see.

Yeah, I know EA has received much undeserved criticism and complaints in the past, but if they tried to pull that (hiding it from you guys and hiding it from everyone in these videos until it's shown at E3), then I would be right there in line criticizing them and calling them out on that, because that would be monumentally stupid, even for EA.

As for Madden, if it really is RTP, like I said in my first post, great! After experiencing RTP in the NHL series, I would love to see it eventually come to Madden and NCAA, and if Madden has RTP this year, like I said, that might just be enough to get my to buy Madden on release (since the NFL football bug has been biting me lately and I nearly bought Madden 12 off of ebay earlier this week), but as for NCAA, I just can't see EA even being so moronic as to try something like using video from NCAA 12 for the gameplay webcast and all these videos we're seeing and hiding it from the community day guys just so they could use it at E3 to have Madden steal the show.

Deuce
05-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Ya, obviously some of the Madden GC's have seen and played this 'monumental change' yet none of the NCAA have? I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not in NCAA.

But man, if it's everything they're saying it is I'd love to be wrong!

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 09:38 AM
so Madden could make the big announcement/reveal in June at E3.Yes, actually, they would. It may not be the best decision in the world, but yes, yes they would. NCAA never gets the stage at E3, and Madden often does. Madden is the vastly superior brand with the vastly larger audience. So yes, they would absolutely do that.

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Yes, actually, they would. It may not be the best decision in the world, but yes, yes they would. NCAA never gets the stage at E3, and Madden often does. Madden is the vastly superior brand with the vastly larger audience. So yes, they would absolutely do that.

Well, alright, now that you put it that way, maybe I am giving EA and their marketing team too much credit. :D But still, even if RTP is what the big secret thing is for Madden, I just could not see EA making a bunch of videos using NCAA 12 with NCAA 13 features "plugged in" and go through the entire gameplay webcast already, just so they didn't have to reveal that RTP was in both NCAA and Madden.

If anything, the way I would see it playing out (if EA's marketing team has any level of competence) would be to put RTP in Madden this year and thus allow Madden to steal E3 this year like they want to. Then next year, with NCAA 14, implement RTP into NCAA 14 and announce it normally with the gameplay webcast or have it's own "mini-release announcement" sometime during the feature release cycle in the spring for NCAA.

That way Madden gets to steal E3 this year and have the spotlight, and then NCAA gets RTP eventually, there just won't be such a massive deal made out of it from EA like there is/would be with Madden. So if Madden really does get RTP this year, we could probably start hoping/speculating/praying for RTP in either NCAA 14 or NCAA 15.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I would be shocked if it was RTP for Madden. Kinnect/Move seems to be the most likely aspect. That does nothing for me personally. It would be nice to see RTP but at this point I have my doubts.

SmoothPancakes
05-19-2012, 10:29 AM
I would be shocked if it was RTP for Madden. Kinnect/Move seems to be the most likely aspect. That does nothing for me personally. It would be nice to see RTP but at this point I have my doubts.

But Microsoft already "shook the world" with Kinect this and Kinect that at last year's E3. :D There was more Kinect than I could count (and more than I couldn't care less about) at E3 last year.

ryby6969
05-19-2012, 10:42 AM
I have been following this on OS for the last few weeks, and it seems as thought the Madden CD guys just found out what this new addition was withing the last few weeks at their most recent Community Day. The devs had whatever the new addition is "turned off" in the builds they had been playing.

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Well, alright, now that you put it that way, maybe I am giving EA and their marketing team too much credit. :DNo, actually, I think you're not :D. I know you already know this, but you cannot understate how much video game companies are emphasizing E3. It downsized in 2007 and 2008, but since 2009 it has come back with a huge wave of hype behind it. You've got two channels (Spike and G4) devoting hours of coverage, you've got online coverage from dozens of websites, and, perhaps most importantly, investors are watching it like hawks. Companies will absolutely keep the wraps on everything they can in an effort to get a big E3 bump.

The fact that both the "monumental change" and "Connected Careers" is listed for June 4 is not a coincidence, IMO. Get a big amount of hype for gameplay and some-kind-of-Franchise-mode in the same day? That'd be huge for EA.

But still, even if RTP is what the big secret thing is for Madden, I just could not see EA making a bunch of videos using NCAA 12 with NCAA 13 features "plugged in" and go through the entire gameplay webcast already, just so they didn't have to reveal that RTP was in both NCAA and Madden.See, now I think you're giving them too much credit. The answer to that could be as simple as when the videos were made versus what features were in it at the time. They've never said these were "final" videos. Tommy, Chris and others would likely agree with me that the game drastically changed from our visit in April to our visit in May, then further to what was on the final disc. There's a lot of tweaking and changing going on. It would certainly be possible to hold that back.

As well, I'm 99% sure there's one aspect of NCAA, that will affect gameplay, that hasn't been revealed yet. Unless it was and I just didn't see it. I think Tommy's just forgetting (if I haven't just overlooked it :D)

Kinnect/Move seems to be the most likely aspect.Of the two, Kinect (with its voice recognition) is the only real likely one to me. I don't see actual motion control coming to the game anytime soon.

The devs had whatever the new addition is "turned off" in the builds they had been playing.Hey, look, that sounds familiar!

As for "what would EA go through to keep something hidden": http://kotaku.com/5852433/how-ea-sports-kept-loose-lips-from-sinking-blitz

Rudy
05-19-2012, 08:43 PM
How could you play Madden with Kinect? I just don't know how motion controls can translate into a decent football game. Golf yes, football no.

Either way I'm intrigued about the Madden June 4th update. I'd love to find out if that reveal would be in NCAA as well even if I don't know what it is. I doubt EA would tip that info though at this point.

Deuce
05-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Didn't one of the NCAA marketing releases mention something about a 'new collision system'?

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
How could you play Madden with Kinect?Not gonna happen.

I just don't know how motion controls can translate into a decent football game.What, this isn't decent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWbh68HKWv0

Didn't one of the NCAA marketing releases mention something about a 'new collision system'?NCAA 12 did, yes. Haven't seen that mentioned this year.

Rudy
05-19-2012, 09:04 PM
LOL. That video is terrible. I can't even be bothered to watch more than 10 seconds of that let alone play it. I don't get why companies try to turn everything into motion sports. It just doesn't work.

jaymo76
05-19-2012, 09:15 PM
If you want to go to that extreme... cut out the middle man and sign up to play community football. Wow! That video just makes me shake my head.

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 10:01 PM
When motion gaming started to take off, I was worried that one day we'd see games where my ability to win the game would be impacted by my physical skills. After seeing that, I'm confident that will never be the case for at least your average/regular game.

Deuce
05-19-2012, 10:32 PM
NCAA 12 did, yes. Haven't seen that mentioned this year.

dude, sometimes I hate the fact you always know what you're talking about. :D

JeffHCross
05-19-2012, 11:18 PM
dude, sometimes I hate the fact you always know what you're talking about. :DPssst ... I Googled it ;)

SmoothPancakes
05-20-2012, 04:11 PM
The secret is out!

http://kotaku.com/5911788/madden-nfl-13-will-feature-tebowing

E3 and Madden will never be the same!

Madden NFL 13 will Feature "Tebowing"

This is sure to rankle a ton of axe-grinders, which makes it remarkable the development team for Madden NFL 13 chose to poke this snake. But there will be a "Tebowing" celebration animation in the game this year, according to Mike Young, the game's creative director (https://twitter.com/#!/MYsportsPhotog/status/203622124177469440).

When one Tebows, he drops to a knee and puts a balled fist to his forehead, somewhat looking like the armor-lock pose from Halo: Reach. There's no signing of the cross or pointing to heaven, but because its namesake, the New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow, is such a visibly religious person, everyone gets fired up about mixing religion and sport even though that has been done in the end zone for decades. The gesture has been parodied and co-opted by other athletes, even outside the NFL, since Tebow introduced it.

I reached out to Young for a clarification on this on Friday but didn't hear back. Madden and NCAA Football have, for a couple of years, had an animation where a player drops almost to one knee but he shakes his right fist, which is as close as the game has come to this so far.

Then again, maybe I'm making too much out of the potential for controversy here. Including President Obama in a White House ceremony (since 2010) is a much more provocative statement to his political opposition, and EA did it anyway. Still wondering if they'll do that in an election year. Remind me to ask about that at E3.

;)

JeffHCross
05-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Oh, I can't wait to see the forums light up with this one.

"Instead of neutral site games, they put in Tebowing!"

gschwendt
05-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh, I can't wait to see the forums light up with this one.

"Instead of neutral site games, they put in Tebowing!"And Eli Manning's "Eat a Sandwich" celebration (yes, that's from the game engine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7PGH9RYGg8

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 04:49 PM
may as well..its another known endzone celebration..no big deal.

I'm talking about Tebow..not the sandwich

JeffHCross
05-20-2012, 05:00 PM
And Eli Manning's "Eat a Sandwich" celebration (yes, that's from the game engine)Yeah, but that was just a gag ...............

I hope.

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Eliiiiiiiiiiiiii

http://thefw.com/eli-manning-touch-down-move-saturday-night-live/

http://thefw.com/eli-manning-touch-down-move-saturday-night-live/

yeah, I just burst all the blood vessels in my body

JeffHCross
05-20-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty sure we've all seen it ........

ram29jackson
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure we've all seen it ........

well, thats the first time I have LOL...and if its funny, its worth repeating LOL

jaymo76
05-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Rather than Tebowing it would be great to see something return from 05/06... player emails/trade demands, etc. Aka Sanchez is dissgruntled because this Tebow kid is getting more reps. A feature like that would add so much to this current edition of Madden.

steelerfan
05-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Rather than Tebowing it would be great to see something return from 05/06... player emails/trade demands, etc. Aka Sanchez is dissgruntled because this Tebow kid is getting more reps. A feature like that would add so much to this current edition of Madden.

I can agree with that. FIFA does a good job of this and it really adds alot to the game. Morale is important in FIFA and prevents you from keeping an extremely stacked team together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

baseballplyrmvp
05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
The secret is out!

http://kotaku.com/5911788/madden-nfl-13-will-feature-tebowing

E3 and Madden will never be the same!

;)this already exists in ncaa. lol

cdj
05-22-2012, 08:18 PM
More on Tebowing in M13 (http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/1143806--madden-puts-tebowing-in-the-game):

“In Madden we are very passionate about delivering everything you see on Sunday in the real NFL. Everything from playbooks, uniforms, equipment, stadium chants and more all need to match real life,” Young told Metro New York.

“Each year we look to add animations that capture memorable moments from the previous season. It can be a catch animation like the David Tyree catch from the Giants’ Super Bowl [XLII]. It can be a play like the surprise onside kick from the Saints’ Super Bowl [XLIV], or as in this case, a memorable celebration.”

Young said that the nod to Tebow and his faith falls in line with similar moments that Madden tries to include in their game, such as the Mile High Salute for the Broncos or player specific ones such as Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz’s salsa dance or Rob Gronkowski’s spike of the ball.

“Well, ‘Tebowing’ is a natural fit for the game because Tim Tebow does it in real life. If he stopped ‘Tebowing’ it would no longer be important to our game. I always say that our job is to get everyone’s favorite player and team as authentic as possible,” Young said.

“So if you are a Tebow or Jets fan you expect to see and hear everything you see on TV or at the stadium in our game. ‘Tebowing’ fits that criteria.”

During tense moments of a game, it was not uncommon to see Tebow on one knee, prayerfully watching the action, something that likely won’t be a part of the Madden game. According to Young, “Tebowing” will occur in the game “most of the time” after he scores a touchdown.

steelerfan
05-22-2012, 08:32 PM
As long as he doesn't "Tebow" in the end zone. That is a penalty.

jaymo76
05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
More on Tebowing in M13 (http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/1143806--madden-puts-tebowing-in-the-game):

“In Madden we are very passionate about delivering everything you see on Sunday in the real NFL. Everything from playbooks, uniforms, equipment, stadium chants and more all need to match real life,” Young told Metro New York. .

Not to stir the pot... but... I see a lot of halftime shows and weekly wrap-up shows. ;)

Rudy
05-23-2012, 05:04 PM
At this point that last NCAA video took the air out of my NCAA balloon. I greatly preferred Madden 12 over NCAA 12 last year and unfortunately I have a feeling the same thing will happen this year.

NatureBoy
05-23-2012, 07:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/p480x480/181319_10150904815748756_75529708755_9591575_15170 76374_n.jpg

ram29jackson
05-23-2012, 08:37 PM
great, they added Tebowing..but in the online world against anyone that abuses using him..you bet your ass I'll have my entire defensive line set to QB spy and pound his ass all day LOL :D

baseballplyrmvp
05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
great, they added Tebowing..but in the online world against anyone that abuses using him..you bet your ass I'll have my entire defensive line set to QB spy and pound his ass all day LOL :Dcuz they know he wont be able to pass worth a shit. :nod:

cdj
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCykqWijhzA

ram29jackson
05-23-2012, 10:22 PM
cuz they know he wont be able to pass worth a shit. :nod:

naw, just cuz childish Vick-Tebow-type users cant help but try to run with QB To often.

and I wonder how much -clutch- rating helps a guy like Tebow out ?

JeffHCross
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
GameInformer: Everything We Know About NHL 13's GM Connected Mode (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nhl_13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/06/01/everything-we-know-about-nhl-13-39-s-gm-connected-mode.aspx)

Yes, this is an NHL article. Yes, I'm posting it in the Madden thread. But there's a reason! NHL is introducing an Online "franchise" mode and calling it "GM Connected". Madden is premiering something called "Connected Careers", and saying "nothing" about Franchise mode or Online Franchise in this year's blogs. Coincidence? I think not. I was already thinking that "Connected Careers" was going to replace Online Franchise, but if "GM Connected" is any indication, it's replacing both Franchise and Online Franchise!

Give it a look.

Rudy
06-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Interesting although I'm still an offline guy. Just hope scouting and free agency got improved.

ram29jackson
06-01-2012, 06:52 PM
GameInformer: Everything We Know About NHL 13's GM Connected Mode (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nhl_13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/06/01/everything-we-know-about-nhl-13-39-s-gm-connected-mode.aspx)

Yes, this is an NHL article. Yes, I'm posting it in the Madden thread. But there's a reason! NHL is introducing an Online "franchise" mode and calling it "GM Connected". Madden is premiering something called "Connected Careers", and saying "nothing" about Franchise mode or Online Franchise in this year's blogs. Coincidence? I think not. I was already thinking that "Connected Careers" was going to replace Online Franchise, but if "GM Connected" is any indication, it's replacing both Franchise and Online Franchise!

Give it a look.

I really dont understand the importance or significance of it...? and I dont understand really what it means? did they somehow connect everything to make it easier for you?
They already have franchises so whats different ?

Rudy
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
It's online franchise with the ability of multiple guys I think. And those guys don't have to play but just sim as GMs from what I read. I guess I don't fully understand everything either but I think there are different ways to play.

Deuce
06-01-2012, 07:13 PM
It's online franchise with the ability of multiple guys I think. And those guys don't have to play but just sim as GMs from what I read. I guess I don't fully understand everything either but I think there are different ways to play.

This sounds like a bug nightmare. Hopefully the error codes and whatnot will help.

JeffHCross
06-01-2012, 07:13 PM
They already have franchises so whats different ?Well, I don't know what Madden is going to have, obviously. But NHL is essentially combining "Be a GM" (Franchise mode) and the online version of it (which didn't exist previously). Which means one shared feature set, first of all. No more "we added this to Franchise, but not Online Franchise", which has killed Madden over the years.

NHL is also adding the ability to have leagues that use 6-on-6 play, which is a completely new idea, I think, to combine a Franchise mode with Team Play.

The one that really got me thought was: "Users can play GM Connected in several ways, including a solo league against the CPU AI, standard versus, co-op, six-on-six online team play, taking the role of a general manager, or as a coach who handles line changes and team strategy. " Which is basically saying you could either play: solo, regular User games, co-op User games, OTP games, or Coach Mode. The only part I don't get is whether "taking the role of a GM" would preclude you from making on-ice decisions, but I wouldn't think so. And, again, I think connecting all this in one single Franchise mode is completely new.

Anyway, what I'm really getting at here is that EA's clearly trying something different by calling the upcoming Madden blog "Connected Careers". It's clearly something different because all of the Madden pre-orders deal with having "legends", one coach and one player. And they're said to be both for MUT and Connected Careers.

Of course, maybe I'm totally wrong and "Connected Careers" is going to just be a Heisman Challenge mode + having a legendary coach. I'm completely speculating here. But NHL 13 has "GM Connected" and Madden 13 has "Connected Careers". That seems unlikely to be solely a coincidence.

ram29jackson
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
ok, so you can do the same stuff in each seperate thing..i'm not being a jerk here... I just dont see what the big deal is? and this doesnt really "connect" the modes in the way I would define it..it doesnt connect them at all

jaymo76
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
100% offline and always will be. I don't get anything out of a "connected careers" mode. All I want is more immersion in franchise mode, a half-time show and a weekly wrap-up show (and yes I realise none of those things are in for 13).

JeffHCross
06-01-2012, 08:38 PM
ok, so you can do the same stuff in each seperate thing..i'm not being a jerk here... I just dont see what the big deal is? and this doesnt really "connect" the modes in the way I would define it..it doesnt connect them at allWell, I'm probably missing some main point that was the reason Madden is called "Connected Careers". "GM Connected" makes sense for NHL because it's "Be A GM" mode, but connects what would otherwise be disparate careers -- NHL's never had an Online Franchise mode of sorts.

I'm imagining that Madden's will be similar to "GM Connected", but that's really speculation on my part and may be totally inaccurate.

Rudy
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
100% offline and always will be. I don't get anything out of a "connected careers" mode. All I want is more immersion in franchise mode, a half-time show and a weekly wrap-up show (and yes I realise none of those things are in for 13).

I think the next step in making franchise more interesting would be to add morale to the mix. The real NFL has guys complaining about salary and playing time and that can affect their playing time, morale and team morale as well. Benching a vet to play a rookie might piss off the older players. Stuff like that would make your franchise feel more real. Also having different agents in the game where some agents are jerks to deal with while others might be easy would be cool. I'd love to see a "bad" agent demand crazy money for his client, push player holdouts, etc.

jaymo76
06-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I would love to see MORALE in Madden. I still really miss the radio show and player/agent emails from Madden 06. That type of stuff is desperately needed in Madden as you just feel so isolated and alone during franchise. I thought the EXTRA POINT was a step in the right direction but to remove it with no replacement was just dumb IMO. Forget connected careers, give me a connected franchise experience. Based on what little I have seen of Madden thus far, 13 is probably a pass for me this year as I need more immersion.

JeffHCross
06-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I think the next step in making franchise more interesting would be to add morale to the mix.

I would love to see MORALE is Madden.Sigh. If they could just find the time/development approval/etc to integrate everything from Head Coach 09 into Madden's franchise, I don't know that we could ask for more. I think Madden had the best setup for morale. You had to be careful about playing guys versus not playing them, players would have certain personality traits which made them more or less of a team-player. Prima donnas did exist, of course. And, rather than having to deal with some :( on some screen (like some games had), if you upset a guy, then he just might not accept any contract offer you give him, and off he goes.

jaymo76
06-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm just thinking about Morale on my current MADDEN 12 team. I have McFadden as the starter and Noel Devine behind him. Both are beastly good in Madden 12. With a morale/agent/email system I could just picture Devine giving me an ultimatum of more playing time or demanding a trade. Even if it were as simple as the pop-up comments or email system from FIFA 12, this type of interaction would make the game so much more fun. Gone would be the days of stacking a team with talent and having no issues that arise from it. Playing as my Raiders would be extra fun... lol

JeffHCross
06-02-2012, 10:13 PM
According to GameTrailer's "E3 All Access" schedule, EA Sports will be part of the Microsoft press conference, begins Monday at Noon, and Michael Irvin will be on stage during the EA press conference to reveal the Connected Careers mode for Madden.

NaptownMVP
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Gonna be able to be a great NFL player and then turn yourself into a terrible TV announcer!!

ram29jackson
06-03-2012, 12:34 AM
maybe legends in game...not just for MUT

SmoothPancakes
06-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Gonna be able to be a great NFL player and then turn yourself into a terrible TV announcer!!

:D Nicely done!

steelerfan
06-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Hopefully, with Irvin as a spokesperson, the mode includes cocaine, hookers, religion, TD Jakes, posing for *** marriage articles in *** magazines, and having sex in your HOF jacket.

That would truly connect all the Irvin dots.

jaymo76
06-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Hopefully, with Irvin as a spokesperson, the mode includes cocaine, hookers, religion, TD Jakes, posing for *** marriage articles in *** magazines, and having sex in your HOF jacket.

That would truly connect all the Irvin dots.

You forgot "handguns" and attempted murder...

ram29jackson
06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmyvhswJIA&feature=g-all-lik

skipwondah33
06-06-2012, 08:37 AM
I expected video of the game being played..not talked about..wasted my time on that.

Rudy
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
This has some video and talking but it's not bad. I do really like how the tackles are dynamic and not canned. We'll have to wait until next year to see this implemented in everything though (OL/DL, etc).

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58912/madden-nfl-13-e3-gameplay-demo/

souljahbill
06-06-2012, 11:53 AM
To be honest, I can't tell that it's using RTP. Keep in mind that I haven't owned a Madden since the Donovan McNabb edition.

Rudy
06-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Still haven't seen a juke in all the videos I have watched. Madsci said they toned down jukes and spins. Not pleased about that.

I OU a Beatn
07-28-2012, 02:18 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXHW_frN1s

The Good:

-Didn't see any route mirroring. On the flip side, they only threw the ball against man a few times so it could still be there.
-Announcing is better. Not great, but anything would be better than last year. Stuff like that never bugs me so the fact it actually bugged me last year shows how bad it was.

The Bad:

-The pass rush still looks like garbage. It could be on a low difficulty, but I doubt it's that. I more or less believe EA thinks you should have 5 or 6 seconds to throw each play. Wont be able to tell for sure until the demo but I don't like the looks of it in the video.
-It looks slower than last year. I've read impressions from people and they've said it's much like NCAA in that the animations for user control are slower, which I really don't like. Again, wont be able to tell for sure until I get my hands on it.

All in all, I'm not going to complain. If it's smooth online like last year, regardless of any problems, I'll have some fun with it. If it's not smooth(like NCAA) and it has annoying problems, I'll probably hate it.

skipwondah33
07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Not sure what kind of pass rushing your doing IOU but I can always get consistent pressure usually with a mixture of looks and timeliness of using them in Madden 12.

I've lead the league or in the top 3 every season of my 4 leagues this year (2 seasons each league) Granted we play All-Madden and Sim style rules. I also ranked 1 or 2 in top Defense every season. I don't do anything special other than blitz from different angles and sides with Hybrid coverages so their initial reads aren't there.

Rarely does QB's have 5-6 seconds to throw when I am trying to bring pressure.

I don't play the CPU, ranked games or on All-Pro/Pro if that is when you are seeing the problem.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 11:46 AM
I_OU's problems will always be on default online settings in Ranked games :D

As for the suggestion of "EA thinks you should have 5 seconds" ... I don't think that's true, but I'm now more willing than ever to believe that there are limitations inherent in the engine that prevent a "quick" pass rush from being realistically modeled.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I think it is true. I've read various things over the years that indicates that they're going after the casual crowd just as much so as today's shooters, and that means slower than normal pass rush, easier to pass against zones, etc...

The pass rush has been brutally bad in both NCAA and Madden since '09. Even if you blitz you have to setup your defenders in a way that it messes with the AI just to get decent pressure. I don't believe it's a limitation of the engine. Wasn't '08 on 360/PS3 the same engine that they're using in today's game? If so, the pass rush in '08 was ridiculously overpowered. Granted, it was too quick too consistently, but that just goes to show they're more than capable of cranking of the pass rush if they wanted to. If it's on a different engine, then yeah, your theory might be correct, too.

Madden '12 was especially bad. Oh, it was just terrible. The pass rush was brutal, blitzing angles were terrible, and then behind that you had some of the worst coverages the game has seen in a long time. Virtually every game I played online I scored 40+ and it usually came down to whoever had the ball last because no one could get stops. If they improved ANY of that this year, I'll be happy as long as they keep online as smooth as it was last year.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 12:13 PM
I think it is true. I've read various things over the years that indicates that they're going after the casual crowd just as much so as today's shooters, and that means slower than normal pass rush, easier to pass against zones, etc...That all may be true. But I'm saying that even if you want to maximize the pass rush to its greatest potential, with the current engine design, it's impossible to get the kind of "instant" pass rush that you see, on occasion, in real life. And I don't think that's because of marketing decisions to cater the game to the casual crowd.

And yes, you're right. "Limitation of the engine" is too broad a term. What I meant to say is that I believe it is a limitation of the current design. But you hit the nail on the head "too consistently". I think the current engine is limited to the design being fairly consistent. Whether it's consistently overpowered or consistently slower than normal, the flexibility of a middle ground isn't there, IMO.

Announcing is better. Not great, but anything would be better than last year.Play-by-play, as you said, is good but not great. But the pre-game was pretty impressive. If that's dynamically generated, that is huge. I'd be even more impressed if the QB introductions were dynamic too.

Rudy
07-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Play-by-play, as you said, is good but not great. But the pre-game was pretty impressive. If that's dynamically generated, that is huge. I'd be even more impressed if the QB introductions were dynamic too.

I agree. Pre-game was impressive but I have my doubts over how dynamic it is. I really hope I don't hear Nantz saying "defender" instead of the actual player name (on the INT play). Even if it's an obscure name say the number or even position. Defender just sounds bad.

skipwondah33
07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
The pass rush has been brutally bad in both NCAA and Madden since '09. Even if you blitz you have to setup your defenders in a way that it messes with the AI just to get decent pressure. I don't believe it's a limitation of the engine. Wasn't '08 on 360/PS3 the same engine that they're using in today's game? If so, the pass rush in '08 was ridiculously overpowered. Granted, it was too quick too consistently, but that just goes to show they're more than capable of cranking of the pass rush if they wanted to. If it's on a different engine, then yeah, your theory might be correct, too.

Madden '12 was especially bad. Oh, it was just terrible. The pass rush was brutal, blitzing angles were terrible, and then behind that you had some of the worst coverages the game has seen in a long time. Virtually every game I played online I scored 40+ and it usually came down to whoever had the ball last because no one could get stops. If they improved ANY of that this year, I'll be happy as long as they keep online as smooth as it was last year.I never have to set up my blitzes moving people around to less with the AI. That is against our rules and Nano blitzing is banned as well.

Since you play ranked games I assume that's your issue. Where anything goes and mostly there is either a bunch of Nano blitzing or F@G D being played.

I can't remember the last time gave up 40 points in a Madden game. And that's on 9 minute quarters. Up against some pretty good people..granted they don't cheese, drop back more than 15 yards or any or that other lobby stuff but still haven't gave up 40 a game.

Right now my average given up with the Jets currently has been 15 a game in 12 games...9 minute quarters. Though we do use accelerate clock. I give up 16 a game with the Raiders on 6 minute quarters no accelerated clock.

I do however agree that they have been going towards the more causal crowd over the last few versions. I think this 12 version and this next one may be leaning towards equal or the hardcore crowd..._atleast some of the features.

08 and 09 it was almost impossible to throw against Zone coverage, then they made it simple and Man coverage overly successful on 10 and 11.

I'll never play anything other than All-Madden.

I OU a Beatn
07-29-2012, 12:53 PM
That all may be true. But I'm saying that even if you want to maximize the pass rush to its greatest potential, with the current engine design, it's impossible to get the kind of "instant" pass rush that you see, on occasion, in real life. And I don't think that's because of marketing decisions to cater the game to the casual crowd.

And yes, you're right. "Limitation of the engine" is too broad a term. What I meant to say is that I believe it is a limitation of the current design. But you hit the nail on the head "too consistently". I think the current engine is limited to the design being fairly consistent. Whether it's consistently overpowered or consistently slower than normal, the flexibility of a middle ground isn't there, IMO.

Agree completely. I feel as though there should be times where it's near instant pressure, sometimes where a QB does have 6 or 7 seconds to throw the ball, but more often than not(when bringing 4 at least) it should be right around 3 or 4 seconds to throw the ball. Same goes for blitzing...sometimes it should get picked up and a QB should have time while other times someone should come free and get quick pressure. On '08 it was just insane pressure just about every play and ever since then it's been pretty much nothing.

I also agree about the announcing. Like I said, it's definitely better than last year so I'll be fine with it.

I never have to set up my blitzes moving people around to less with the AI. That is against our rules and Nano blitzing is banned as well.

Since you play ranked games I assume that's your issue. Where anything goes and mostly there is either a bunch of Nano blitzing or F@G D being played.

I have to assume you're using sliders or perhaps playing on All Madden then. If you're playing on All Pro and default settings(which is how ranked online is) you don't stand a chance in getting any pressure unless you set up nanos to confuse the AI.

Even with all the problems I had with Madden '12, I enjoyed it more than any other football game this generation. It was so smooth online that even if the game had problems, I was able to enjoy it because of the smoothness. That's not something I can say about NCAA. If NCAA has problems, I usually end up hating it because of the choppiness of online play.

Serious question: why are the experiences online so different between the two? They both use the same kind of technology for connecting users(P2P) so I never understood why NCAA had the constant choppy feeling(think running in quicksand) and Madden played so well you couldn't even tell you were playing online.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 01:08 PM
perhaps playing on All Madden then.*cough*

I'll never play anything other than All-Madden.

Serious question: why are the experiences online so different between the two? They both use the same kind of technology for connecting users(P2P) so I never understood why NCAA had the constant choppy feeling(think running in quicksand) and Madden played so well you couldn't even tell you were playing online.Perhaps their networking code is different in what it's sending? I agree that there's a strange stutter to NCAA that cannot be explained easily. Nor, from what I've seen, is it overcome by increased download/upload speeds. Poor bandwidth can impact it further, but highly available bandwidth doesn't seem to overcome it.

I'd love to play another FiOS user and see if it's still there then. Our P2P speed (like on a Torrent) is very, very, very, very fast ... would NCAA's gameplay reflect that connection speed? Probably not.

skipwondah33
07-30-2012, 07:37 AM
I have to assume you're using sliders or perhaps playing on All Madden then. If you're playing on All Pro and default settings(which is how ranked online is) you don't stand a chance in getting any pressure unless you set up nanos to confuse the AI. .Sliders? I didn't even know the game had them. Never paid attention to slider talk either until NCAA started putting out unbalanced games versions ago. Use to be that we (in the house) set the default to All-Madden, Heisman then just played. We rarely played the CPU anyway as whoever played the CPU another user took over for them. I never play the CPU in Madden.

No we play all of our league games as unranked games. On All-Madden then changing the quarter length. No sliders adjusted which you can't for online games anyway that I know of.

I've never played All-Pro so I don't know about the pressure or how the game plays on it. I also don't touch ranked games. I imagine if someone is dropping back further than realistic or other things that lobby players do pressure may be difficult but I assume the game gets dumb down a bit on All-Pro or it's easier.

If you still have it for PS3 or even play PS3 anymore we should play a game sometime before release of 13.

JBHuskers
07-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Just gonna say that I posted stickies for the demo and retail versions, but there is nothing new to report. Just getting them set up and ready for once things do come out.

I OU a Beatn
07-30-2012, 02:39 PM
I always had in on 360. I have a hard time using the small PS3 controller and I haven't found a suitable way to be able to play PS3 with a 360 controller. Until that day, :(.

I don't know if Madden has sliders or not. I never use sliders in any game because they don't help me. Since I'm playing ranked games, everything is on a default setting. I just know that I was never able to get any pressure whatsoever. If you watch some of my videos from Madden '12, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You'll see virtually no pressure on the defensive side of the ball from me or my opponent. I averaged damn near 400 yards passing a game in my complete games because I had all day to throw against bad zones.

skipwondah33
07-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I always had in on 360. I have a hard time using the small PS3 controller and I haven't found a suitable way to be able to play PS3 with a 360 controller. Until that day, :(.

I don't know if Madden has sliders or not. I never use sliders in any game because they don't help me. Since I'm playing ranked games, everything is on a default setting. I just know that I was never able to get any pressure whatsoever. If you watch some of my videos from Madden '12, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You'll see virtually no pressure on the defensive side of the ball from me or my opponent. I averaged damn near 400 yards passing a game in my complete games because I had all day to throw against bad zones.Hmm, I'll look at some of yours.

I only 2 up that aren't private on my channel both from (Jets/Patriots). He was in my division so we played twice. The Patriots have one of the better pass blocking Olines in the game, that and I didn't blitz him as much as I do other teams in some games. (We have blitz restrictions in the league whereas we can only blitz 2 times per set of downs I believe or anytime if they choose to go for it on 4th down.

When I blitzed though I felt I got pressure or he had to rush the throw. There are certain times my blitzes will pressure more than it will get a sack. Then there are others I try to run against formations that will likely sack the QB. This is based off knowing my opponent and his tendencies of what he likes to do (i.e slide to the right after the snap, shift block right/left, use long developing routes, etc).

I have 2-3 more videos that are marked private. Since people also pick up on my tendencies they also prepare for when I'll bring the rush, but I typically average from 3-7 sacks a game. Not all from blitzing but from my Hybrid coverages as well.

We have rules for things so that may aid to it I suppose. Like you can't instantly sprint out of the pocket after the snap in order to throw the ball...unless you are pressured. Can't drop back more than 15 yards or do the "immediately sprint back towards the opposite endzone showing your back" drop back.

I'll end with saying this. I honestly don't think majority of the Madden world could deal with a realistic pass rush. How much time does a QB have in a real life to throw on average or ideally how quick would they want to get the ball out? 2-3 seconds? I'd love that personally but for every 1 person 2 million probably wouldn't

jaymo76
07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Any word yet on the demo date? We must be close now since the game is less than one month away.

JBHuskers
07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Any word yet on the demo date? We must be close now since the game is less than one month away.

Nothing yet.

Rudy
07-31-2012, 04:05 PM
I've seen some people start to go a little crazy about the demo date. What's the rush? The only reason the NCAA demo date dropped so soon was to block the wrath over the lack of Infinity. Their demo came out too soon imo.

Releasing the demo 2 weeks in advance or even just one week allows people to experience the game, get excited and go out and buy the game. If you have to wait too long you have probably stopped playing. Either way I am fine with later demos because the build is often newer. I get so sick of hearing about how demos are older builds and the bugs and problems are only related to that. Then wait a little while longer, get a cleaner demo and come out with it later.

Quite frankly there is almost no evidence that demos help games. I personally think sleeper/unknown games can benefit from demos if their product is good. Bad demos kill sales and AAA titles probably aren't affected too much. The Show 12 didn't even release a demo this year.

jaymo76
07-31-2012, 05:24 PM
I've seen some people start to go a little crazy about the demo date. What's the rush? The only reason the NCAA demo date dropped so soon was to block the wrath over the lack of Infinity. Their demo came out too soon imo.

Releasing the demo 2 weeks in advance or even just one week allows people to experience the game, get excited and go out and buy the game. If you have to wait too long you have probably stopped playing. Either way I am fine with later demos because the build is often newer. I get so sick of hearing about how demos are older builds and the bugs and problems are only related to that. Then wait a little while longer, get a cleaner demo and come out with it later.

Quite frankly there is almost no evidence that demos help games. I personally think sleeper/unknown games can benefit from demos if their product is good. Bad demos kill sales and AAA titles probably aren't affected too much. The Show 12 didn't even release a demo this year.

Personally I get the feeling that the Madden team is in no rush to release a demo because I suspect the first reaction by many will be that they don't see the infinity engine changing gameplay. I must admit MOST of the gameplay footage looks pretty much like Madden 12 (which wasn't a bad thing IMO). I actually think Madden would be better served NOT having a demo. On a side-note I see there is speculation that in CCM you cannot change the cpu uniform. That is just bizarre if that's the case. Talk about killing user CUSTOMIZATION.

Rudy
07-31-2012, 06:17 PM
I really don't understand some of the limitations and restrictions this year. I don't get the no edit rosters in CC mode. Makes no sense why they couldn't fix that easily.

JeffHCross
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
I get why some things might not have been editable ... like ratings and the like ... but equipment? Numbers? Don't get those.

My only guess is that Online Dynasty has to go out of its way to upload every single piece of data that you change. Maybe that's what's missing ... they just have no way to upload an edited roster at all. That's the only reason I can think of. If that's the reason, no edit uploads at all, no, that's not so easy.

Rudy
08-01-2012, 04:27 AM
But you can use the Donny Moore weekly roster updates which have edits in online franchise. If that franchise has changes then why not allow edits for user rosters? Wouldn't they both have the same effect?

I think they don't want edits to the rosters because if some kid goes and jacks up his team to 99s across the board it might break something with their progression system. Just a guess but I'm wondering if some strange edits could cause bugs or problems with the AI in this area.

Rudy
08-01-2012, 04:27 AM
double post.

jaymo76
08-01-2012, 07:27 PM
But you can use the Donny Moore weekly roster updates which have edits in online franchise. If that franchise has changes then why not allow edits for user rosters? Wouldn't they both have the same effect?

I think they don't want edits to the rosters because if some kid goes and jacks up his team to 99s across the board it might break something with their progression system. Just a guess but I'm wondering if some strange edits could cause bugs or problems with the AI in this area.

I just don't think the Madden team shares the idea that "this is our game and we can play it as we like." Basically in two years they put together this new mode to play and this is how they believe people should play. It sucks for people like myself who love customization and offline play.

JeffHCross
08-01-2012, 08:04 PM
But you can use the Donny Moore weekly roster updates which have edits in online franchise. If that franchise has changes then why not allow edits for user rosters? Wouldn't they both have the same effect?One is controlled by EA, and is contained in the backend database. The other would be a unique amalgamation of everyone's edits and would require the system to upload each individual change. More the point, it would require stability and confidence testing for every single change. That, if anything, would probably be what they ran out of time for.

Again, that's totally a guess on my part.

jaymo76
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks00H8cjJvw&feature=youtu.be

Rudy
08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Nothing new there. Just a recap.

jaymo76
08-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Nothing new there. Just a recap.

Yup, but I must admit that the Kinnect application sounded kind of cool. I don't have a 360 so it's irrelevant but it did sound interesting.

Rudy
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Some stuff sounds neat but it doesn't apply to me so I ignore.