PDA

View Full Version : Solidice's NCAA Football 11 Team Info Spreadsheet

Solidice
07-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I original created this back in early June(during E3 week) and have been adding to it here and there once more info released. As of right now, the spread sheet has each team's:

Main Sheet:
pre-season rank from dynasty mode
prestige
numerical rating *default roster based on E3 copy*
their conference
Offensive Style
whether or not if they run no-huddle *if blank, means they don't run it as an 'offense'*
defensive playbook *still WIP*
their current head coach *for those that like to rename the coaches in dynasty mode, if its still available*
their real life pass % *based on 2009 stats*
city, state of the university
stadium name/capacity *based on what was listed on teambuilder*
Rivals *the primary rival column is mostly for TB users, now updated to NCAA 11
Mascot *if it's in the game*
Pride Stickers *if they have them, this is currently based on NCAA 10
Impact Players *only numbers
Recruiting pitch ranks

Uniform Sheet:
list all the teams helmet/jersey/pants option that are available in NCAA 11 *only in Text format*

Playbook Sheet:
playbook sheet just has a link to another spreadsheet. PB sheet made by gschwendt *huge thanks to him for this

you can access the spread sheet here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tcZHhsOAzcOZAcGmzW9FFYg#gid=0

if there is anything else that I can add that would be helpful/useful for this spreadsheet, feel free to make a suggestion.

currently future additions planned:

**you can get a sortable page for the sheet by click on view>list view at the top of the sheet. it even allow you to filter some things(like only show Big XII teams, only Air Raid teams, etc)

AMagicianNamedGOB
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for this. Is there a site that lists the run/pass ratios for each school or did you calculate that yourself?

Solidice
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks for this. Is there a site that lists the run/pass ratios for each school or did you calculate that yourself?

someone at OS(coachchris) provided the info, I just used the pass % for my sheet. he had the number of runs, passes, sacks, etc.. that was used in the 2009 season. I guess he got the info from ESPN, or another site that listed stats for college football.

obviously, the teams that got new coaches may be a little off if they are changing offensive styles form 2009 to 2010.

Boucher
07-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I was gunna say you should add pride stickers but you already did!! Helluva Job!

ebin
07-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks for adding the primary rival information; this is really useful!

CLW
07-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Nice work!

Solidice
07-12-2010, 08:10 AM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?241-NCAA-Football-11-Team-Info-Spreadsheet

Jcoop9
07-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Appreciate the info sheet....good job man

Solidice
07-14-2010, 02:21 PM
updated defensive playbooks, pride stickers, impact players(numbers only for now), and rivals.

from what I can tell, the 'new' rivalries in NCAA 11 are:
Florida-Alabama
Alabama-Ole Miss
Arizona-New Mexico
Boston College-Syracuse
Boston College-Virginia Tech
BYU-TCU
Duke-Maryland
Duke-NC State
ECU-UCF
Florida Atlantic-Troy
Fresno State-Louisiana Tech
Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech
Maryland-Navy
Maryland-NC State
Navy-Notre Dame
Navy-Rutgers
Navy-SMU
NC State-Wake Forest
New Mexico-Utah
North Texas-SMU
Notre Dame-Pittsburgh
Oregon State-Washington
Oregon State-Washington State
Pittsburgh-Syracuse
San Diego State-San Jose State
San Jose State-Stanford

rivalries removed: (based on what I have written/typed down for NCAA 10)
Alabama-Mississippi State

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Last year and in 09' I liked to run Maryland's playbook but they changed all the teams playbooks up in 11' and took a lot of my favorite plays out of it. So now I'm looking for a playbook with most of those plays since Maryland's has stripped of all my fav. plays.

Does anyone know of a playbook with these plays in it?
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/168/marylandplaybook.jpg
Maybe you've seen one or a couple of them when playing with or against a certain team perhaps?

The play I loved the most was Ace -Ace Slot - Z Spot.
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3001/aceslotzspot.png

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2010, 04:07 PM
updated defensive playbooks, pride stickers, impact players(numbers only for now), and rivals.

from what I can tell, the 'new' rivalries in NCAA 11 are:
Maryland-Navy
Navy-Notre Dame
Navy-Rutgers
Navy-SMU

Sweet! They've now got all 6 of Navy's rivalries recognized! This is going to make my Navy dynasty so much better when it actually recognizes it as a rivalry game in the dynasty.

Solidice
07-14-2010, 04:15 PM
yeah, I was surprise at how many were added. I think they only added 1 or 2 from '09 to 10 if I remember correctly.

but Navy and SMU are really rivals? that one had me thinking. I didn't realized that.

SmoothPancakes
07-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah, it was literally started last season between Navy and SMU.

The Gansz Trophy was created in 2009 through a collaboration between the athletic departments of The United States Naval Academy and Southern Methodist University. The trophy is named for Frank Gansz who played linebacker at the Naval Academy from 1957 through 1959. Gansz later served on the coaching staffs at numerous colleges, including all three service academies and Southern Methodist, as well as several professional teams.

And if this rivalry becomes anything like the game that started it off last year (a 38-35 OT thriller victory for Navy), I am going to be very much looking forward to the Navy-SMU game every year.

Cipher 8
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Well I used the playbook/formation spread sheet to find all the teams that have the Weak I: Twin TE formation and those were Miami, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Kansas. None of those teams had the HB Dive w/ the FB in motion, the PA TE Under w/ FB in motion, nor the Rollout Strong. They all had the HB Power O w/ FB in motion however but there are tons of Power O's in the game. So I think those three plays are gone which sucks because they worked well of each other and were great for short yardage situations. I haven't seen them in any other formations so if you do let me know. I'm moving on to the other plays now...

I'm going to look over the other plays, diff. formations, but there's literally 20+ teams with those formations so anybody else's help would be awesome. Just if you see any of those plays let me know.

ebin
07-15-2010, 12:32 AM
updated defensive playbooks, pride stickers, impact players(numbers only for now), and rivals.e

Thank you, kind sir!

Roy38
07-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Solidice, is your project finished or still a WIP?

Solidice
07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Solidice, is your project finished or still a WIP?

it'll probably always be WIP as long as there is stuff to add.

I've started to add each team's starting rank in each of the recruiting pitches. it'll probably be a while before I get all that done though.

if there is anything else that can be added, I'll try to get it done.

Boucher
07-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Soo SMU has pride stickers IRL but i dont think they have them in NCAA 11... Disappointing

Solidice
07-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Soo SMU has pride stickers IRL but i dont think they have them in NCAA 11... Disappointing

apparently. they also have Bowling Green with pride sticker even though I don't think they still wear them. and they took out ECU, Kentucky, and Purdue when I think they all still wear them and they were in NCAA 10(not 100% sure that they still wear them in real life)

Boucher
07-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Reason why they would take them out?

souljahbill
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I would think any visual element that was removed was mostly due to the new lighting system and trying to keep the framerate steady.

Boucher
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
but they added the numbers to Alabama's helmet...

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Solidice, Are you going to finish the list of team ratings for the recruiting topics?

I see you did half but there's still a lot of schools missing. I'm actually going through and starting offline dynasty just to look at each schools recruiting topic ratings so I'de be willing to help you out if I had access to the spreadsheet but I don't want to start writing them all down and then find out it was all for nothing.

I use your spreadsheet for this reason mainly because when I'm looking for a school to use in an OD I need to know what they got for recruiting. If they have an edge in any topic that I can focus on to get a guy to sign with me over someone else.

Cipher 8
07-17-2010, 07:41 PM
nevermind, I think you did yesterday I just checked and it looks like they are all there. Thanks! That'll save me a lot of time :D

JeffHCross
11-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Went looking for this tonight and couldn't find the thread, so I'd thought I'd give it a little *bump*!

Solidice
05-22-2011, 02:50 AM
I've been updating what I can for NCAA 12 to a clone of this spreadsheet(currently have it hidden though). was there any other things that I could add so I can keep it in mind? up to now, I've basically updated the head coach changes and started adding the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators for each team(didn't realize how many teams had co-coordinators). I've updated the conference changes as well(I think I got all of them).

DariusLock
05-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Soldice, Ole Miss' mascot is now a Black Bear named Rebel.

http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/secure/users/1840250/assets/4HF7_RebelBlackBear2.jpg

jaymo76
05-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I've been updating what I can for NCAA 12 to a clone of this spreadsheet(currently have it hidden though). was there any other things that I could add so I can keep it in mind? up to now, I've basically updated the head coach changes and started adding the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators for each team(didn't realize how many teams had co-coordinators). I've updated the conference changes as well(I think I got all of them).

Nothing to add per say buddy. Just wanted to extend a huge "thank you" for doing this last year and again this year! Everyone here really appreciates the effort!

BigDmo
05-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Wanted to thank you Solidice, this really helped me make some TB concepts for real teams using their real info.

Keontez
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
EA will probably get this wrong again this year but Army runs a basically a 3-4 deefense.

Coach
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Actually Army runs a double eagle flex. Not sure if you remember but Arizona ran this with great success in the early 90's. The "desert swarm". Very effective vs run and some of the new things they are doing at army are getting better vs pass

Keontez
06-04-2011, 01:08 PM
yeah, They run it with 3-4 personnel. Ellerson brought it from the Canadian league when it was primarily used to stop the pass. When Ellerson moved to the college ranks he adapted it to be ran by 11 players. Its more of a 3-4 using a bear formation (EA's 3-4 Solid) with linemen moved off the line a bit. So in since its like running the 46 defensie with 3-4 personnel.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
This is really cool. On the TB site, ECU's stadium says 50,000 not 43,000.

Solidice
07-04-2011, 10:34 PM
This is really cool. On the TB site, ECU's stadium says 50,000 not 43,000.

this spreadsheet was for NCAA 11, and on TB for NCAA 11 I believe it was 43,000. in my NCAA 12 spreadsheet, I think it's 50.000.

ThatSnickelfritz
07-05-2011, 12:17 AM
this spreadsheet was for NCAA 11, and on TB for NCAA 11 I believe it was 43,000. in my NCAA 12 spreadsheet, I think it's 50.000. Oh, okay my bad.