PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 Defense

Lithium
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I need some tips for this defense, as in what type of players to target for certain positions and what attributes to look for in certain positions. Any help is appreciated.

AustinWolv
07-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Need a DT or two that have great STR and break block hopefully. A big DE with great STR and break block, then another DE who is smaller and solid in pass rush. Ideally, both DEs are very big and strong however so they can occupy blockers so the LBs can fill.

Your MLBs should be solid against the run with one being a bit bigger and a run-stopper, while the other can be a bit smaller and better against the pass. Your OLBs should both be oversized and hopefully fast.....I'd look for guys that are balanced if possible with good tackling, speed, rush/power moves, and decent in coverage. Your OLBs should be your studs, so I'd recruit those harder than the MLBs.

Cipher 8
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I tend to focus a lot on safeties because for me they are always my leading tacklers. Then I go after corners because you can never have too many good defensive backs especially in college with all the spread looks. Then probably the most important is some pass rushers. Either outside linebackers or the big men up front, I go after what's available and fill in the rest with average-above average players from pipeline...

But it is true the 3-4 is heavily dependent on your linebackers and a good DT.