PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn DT Derek Johnson Transferring to Arkansas State

gschwendt
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Former Hoxie High School football star Derek Johnson has decided to continue his college career closer to his hometown.
Johnson intends to transfer from the University of Texas, where he redshirted last season, to Arkansas State. Texas announced Johnson’s transfer on Saturday, releasing a statement from the redshirt freshman defensive tackle, and he confirmed his plans to attend ASU in a telephone interview Saturday night.
“Basically it’s a family issue,” Johnson said of his reason for transferring. “I recently had a little boy who was born premature and basically it’s for financial reasons. I’m moving back home where my family can help.”
Johnson is seeking a hardship waiver from the NCAA that would make him eligible to play in 2010.

Any Texas fans out there have any info on this kid? It definitely will be huge for us seeing as we never see 4-star players end up here but just wondering if he'll make an immediate impact assuming he's granted a waiver.

razorback44
07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
That's a great pickup for you guys. I really wanted him to be a Hog when he was coming out of school. I hope everything works out for him down the road.