PDA

View Full Version : How Did Gaming Tailgate Get Started in the first place ?

ram29jackson
07-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Werent some of you guys on NCAA Strategies? Why did you leave? or is this just a spin off?

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I can tell you that this question would be better left to PMs ... at least you'd be more likely to get an answer that way.

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 04:26 AM
I didnt necessarily think I was getting near a touchy subject ..? Things happen, people move on. Someone thinks,.. "Hey, I can do my own site and see where it goes ". I dont mean to touch a touchy subject. But I may well ask in the fashion you suggest. It is somewhat fascinating .

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 04:31 AM
I think one word that would sum it all up without any fringe would be:

*MATURITY*

Other than that....yeah, PM's like Jeff said

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 05:02 AM
I think one word that would sum it all up without any fringe would be:

*MATURITY*

Other than that....yeah, PM's like Jeff said

Maturity..Interesting word...? most sites after all, are a perpetuation of 15 year olds finding their way on the internet..sites cant really mature.. just a random thought / observation..-sigh- haha

..I go to OS.. seems somewhat childish/ kiddy like... VSN.. The largest collection of crass broken home kids...haha....oh, well

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Maturity..Interesting word...? most sites after all, are a perpetuation of 15 year olds finding their way on the internet..sites cant really mature.. just a random thought / observation..-sigh- haha

..I go to OS.. seems somewhat childish/ kiddy like... VSN.. The largest collection of crass broken home kids...haha....oh, well

Not maturing the site. Not even necessarily the age of the members. Just those that will handle things with Maturity.

I guess a more appropriate phrase would be "A more mature place to converse with fellow, more mature members"

It's high level football talk around here. And I think that was the point. :)

Rudy
07-11-2010, 06:07 AM

VSN is terribly childish and full of ranting, angry teenagers. I wouldn't compare that site to any other. It would have been nice to have a profanity filter. I went there for a little bit last year since it wasn't blocked at work but the childish garbage full of four letter words just turned me off to that site. They aren't all like that but there are way too many for my liking.

I don't like to swear too often. We all do at times. This site doesn't use a profanity filter but it doesn't get abused either. Simply swearing is the easy way out. 99% of the time it isn't necessary to getting your point across. Seinfeld has stated that he thinks its a cheap trick for laughs by comedians.

oweb26
07-11-2010, 09:17 AM
VSN is terribly childish and full of ranting, angry teenagers. I wouldn't compare that site to any other. It would have been nice to have a profanity filter. I went there for a little bit last year since it wasn't blocked at work but the childish garbage full of four letter words just turned me off to that site. They aren't all like that but there are way too many for my liking.

I don't like to swear too often. We all do at times. This site doesn't use a profanity filter but it doesn't get abused either. Simply swearing is the easy way out. 99% of the time it isn't necessary to getting your point across. Seinfeld has stated that he thinks its a cheap trick for laughs by comedians.

So does the make it not fu***** funny because seinfeld said so....:D

I kid, I kid.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
So does the make it not fu***** funny because seinfeld said so....:D

I kid, I kid.

Cursing works because..............................

I lol'd. :D

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 02:03 PM

I dont like alot of crassness either, but at least VSN isnt run by a bunch of control freaks who ban someone the second the opportunity shows up.

OS has a ton of problems- I think the head guy is worried about losing his relationship with EA so anything outside the realm of praising EA is taboo.
they close threads at thes drop of a hat haha
little kids complain to mod about someone and that person is banned asap without any questioning.

now with heavy traffic before a game release, they say-instant bans now in effect- haha, instant bans are in effect year round at that site.
I dont know.. I think the head guy has a young son who he lets look at site and doesnt want him exposed to too much so he is always banning left and right. Heck, the problem may be he lets his son mod haha.

I am just venting because OS just banned me haha

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I dont like alot of crassness either, but at least VSN isnt run by a bunch of control freaks who ban someone the second the opportunity shows up.

OS has a ton of problems- I think the head guy is worried about losing his relationship with EA so anything outside the realm of praising EA is taboo.
they close threads at thes drop of a hat haha
little kids complain to mod about someone and that person is banned asap without any questioning.

now with heavy traffic before a game release, they say-instant bans now in effect- haha, instant bans are in effect year round at that site.
I dont know.. I think the head guy has a young son who he lets look at site and doesnt want him exposed to too much so he is always banning left and right. Heck, the problem may be he lets his son mod haha.

I am just venting because OS just banned me haha

I hope you don't take offense but I laughed at that last line.

What did you do to get banned? I do more lurking then posting over there so I won't be banned anytime soon.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 04:53 PM

What did you do to get banned? I do more lurking then posting over there so I won't be banned anytime soon.

Me too haha. I only look at some threads when I see that Adam is over there on an issue. But now that he's here too, I might not go over there except for uniform threads. If I get banned from that, it's a gip!

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM

well, I kind of said it to be funny. Even thought its true to.

haha, basically, I PMed a kid a picture of TGT site team uni's because he was making an OS site team and making the crappiest uni's for it- so , I sent him a picture and asked are you sure you want to stick with yours. I guess he whyned after that. The site people dont even take into account the hours I have spent over there promoting teambuilder for the last 2 years.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:04 PM
well, I kind of said it to be funny. Even thought its true to.

haha, basically, I PMed a kid a picture of TGT site team uni's because he was making an OS site team and making the crappiest uni's for it- so , I sent him a picture and asked are you sure you want to stick with yours. I guess he whyned after that. The site people dont even take into account the hours I have spent over there promoting teambuilder for the last 2 years.

:D:D:D

LAME!!! How dare you challenge his idea!

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 05:21 PM
here is the thread- before I PMed him .

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-teambuilder-forum/424211-operation-sports-u-team-sign-ups-3.html

steelerfan
07-11-2010, 05:26 PM
It's not my place to say, but I think it's probably not in TGT's best interest for us to bash other sites.

Just sayin'.

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:28 PM
here is the thread- before I PMed him .

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-teambuilder-forum/424211-operation-sports-u-team-sign-ups-3.html

I'll bet it was because of that "I'm a white guy" comment. :D

Yeah that doesn't seem like anything that should've led to banning. You egotistical jerk! :P

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:30 PM
It's not my place to say, but I think it's probably not in TGT's best interest for us to bash other sites.

Just sayin'.

Good point. However, it was unjust, and that's all we're saying really. And it IS your place, and everyone else's here, to say. Again, that is a good point. Back to topic. Wait that was the topic. But yes, probably the convo has run its course! Basically, THAT type of thing Ram is why we're here.

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM

Just sayin'.

I see your point. But, since when is telling an individual you are not that creative :) bashing a site ?

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I see your point. But, since when is telling an individual you are not that creative :) bashing a site ?

You were unjustly fired. It's true. Steeler was talking about bashing from this site in particular, not what you did over there.

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Good point. However, it was unjust, and that's all we're saying really. And it IS your place, and everyone else's here, to say. Again, that is a good point. Back to topic. Wait that was the topic. But yes, probably the convo has run its course! Basically, THAT type of thing Ram is why we're here.

when the Youtube renowned gschwendt and rhombic leave a site haha
something must be up haha

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 05:45 PM
You were unjustly fired. It's true. Steeler was talking about bashing from this site in particular, not what you did over there.

I'm a sports gaming fan. I'm an adult. I've started to notice how gaming companies are at the very least channeling info to gaming sites and the site creaters get little perks. That part can be taken seriously.
But the rest of us are just people killing time ,reading stuff, typing comments. Leave it be unless someone is getting downright nasty......

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm a sports gaming fan. I'm an adult. I've started to notice how gaming companies are at the very least channeling info to gaming sites and the site creaters get little perks. That part can be taken seriously.
But the rest of us are just people killing time ,reading stuff, typing comments. Leave it be unless someone is getting downright nasty......

Oh, definitely. It's not a competition, but for some reason people find the need to compete. We're all just getting some relax time. Talking about what we love, which happens to be football, and video games haha

SmoothPancakes
07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I've pretty much not visited OS since 2007 or 2008. I played some kid from over there in an online game back in 2008 and he was the cheesiest bastard I had ever played from an actual site (not a random). So I called him out about it on the forum and even said he was the cheesiest douche I had ever played. Apparently saying that is enough to get you banned for flaming and personal attacks. I'll stick with this site any day. :)

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I've pretty much not visited OS since 2007 or 2008. I played some kid from over there in an online game back in 2008 and he was the cheesiest bastard I had ever played from an actual site (not a random). So I called him out about it on the forum and even said he was the cheesiest douche I had ever played. Apparently saying that is enough to get you banned for flaming and personal attacks. I'll stick with this site any day. :)

...and that was 2 years ago...

I dont want to feel the need to insult a stranger on the internet...I use to, but dont feel the need for it anymore haha...but a happy medium would be nice where you dont feel, as soon as you type something, its considered being desrespectful just being somewhat honest....the last 2 days I was lucky enough to catch threads guys started knowing they would get banned immediately and not caring haha- kind of a backhanded mutiny

I of course dont agree with the end of video- he said he is going to football utopia haha

Jayrah
07-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Alright, the point has been made, there's no need for any more against those guys. Probably should erase that video, though it's funny. Simply put, there's a reason we're here, we all know the reason. Let's move on.

ram29jackson
07-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Alright, the point has been made, there's no need for any more against those guys. Probably should erase that video, though it's funny. Simply put, there's a reason we're here, we all know the reason. Let's move on.

I simply posted because its funny in and of itself . Not to start anything...I guess i'll delete

cdj
07-11-2010, 09:13 PM
For the thread title: In a nutshell, it was in the best interests of the community (and ourselves) to start a new site.

I don't know what OS does in terms of disciplining members, but I realize it has to be hard to run a site that large and keep it between the rails. I'd rather not see us ripping on them or other sites here, so no more ripping/discussion of OS please. With the thread title question answered as far as will state publicly, I'm going to close this one down. No one is in trouble, but what goes on at other sites should be taken up with their management.