PDA

View Full Version : Follow a Dynasty Wire Online Dynasty

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I've created a test OD to let you guys follow along with an OD via Dynasty Wire. There's still room for a few of you guys if you want to join in and just do the recruiting and participate via the web. You'll have to be a PS3 user but PM me for the password. Heads up though that I'll be deleting this OD sometime after release.

Anyway, here's a link to the OD I'm running. Settings are on All-American gameplay, 5 minute quarters, and Varsity recruiting. Let me know any feedback.
http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleDynastyHub&dynid=50015&sku=661A0001

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I posted these messages in the Q&A Thread where the genesis of the dynasty happened:

Just noticed a problem with the online dynasty recruiting. I don't see a way to cut cpu recruiting assistance off from the website. In the preseason, I only set my board to 10 players but as soon as gschwendt advanced it a week, I had 35 people on my board. Moral of the story, if you don't want the computer messing up your recruit board online, disable it from your console.

Just did some recruiting from the web and I gotta say, recruiting from the web is pretty awesome. In fact, the whole revamped recruiting system is so easy and intuitive that I absolutely love it. I don't think it's gonna hurt work productivity though as it's pretty easy to blow through your 10 hours and then you can't do it again until the week advances.

Edit - The page still seems very buggy. As of right now, I HIGHLY advise to do all your recruiting from the console. If you say you want to talk to a recruit for an hour and the page logs you out for whatever reason or another (for some reason, I keep going back to the dynasty hub page in the middle of a call), you lose that hour without being able to do it again.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah... there still are some bugs to be worked out. Looking again, I don't think they've really made any changes since earlier in the week. I can only assume that they're still working on some of the changes that Kotaku & Game Informer mentioned that they were working on. But yeah, like souljahbill mentioned, for the time being I'd recommend doing your recruiting calls from the console when possible.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 07:20 PM
For some reason its saying I'm a member already, but I can't do any recruiting or anything.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Nevermind, I'm in now. I just had to refresh.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
For some reason its saying I'm a member already, but I can't do any recruiting or anything.
Hmm... it's showing on the web that there are only two members (myself & souljah) but on the console it shows all three of us. I'll go ahead and advance the week and see if that doesn't let you get in.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Nevermind, I'm in now. I just had to refresh.
Cool.

At 7:45pm central I'll be advancing to the next week.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
2 things I noticed are different(not just today, but since they first 'launched' it)

a random person can no longer create a story if they are not part of the OD(at least I can't any more)
there is an ability to report a bad title/article/etc now, I guess encase something is inappropriate.

however, the 'user control teams only' filter option still doesn't seem to work.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Can I get in this and actually play around with StoryBuilder since I have the game?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
however, the 'user control teams only' filter option still doesn't seem to work.
Where are you finding that option?

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Can I get in this and actually play around with StoryBuilder since I have the game?

Send gschwendt a PM. He's advancing through the season pretty rapidly though. Don't know how that's going to affect your ability to play a game and generate a story quickly.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Just from my early experience with the recruiting, it is gonna be a whole lot harder to get recruits this year. I haven't got over 400 points yet on a recruit.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Just from my early experience with the recruiting, it is gonna be a whole lot harder to get recruits this year. I haven't got over 400 points yet on a recruit.

I noticed that too. If your school isn't a powerhouse with A's and B's across the board, it's gonna be hard to earn points. The big boys are definitely going to have an easier time pulling kids in then mid-majors.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I do think I got my first recruit though. I offered him a scholarship and I got 5000 pts.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I do think I got my first recruit though. I offered him a scholarship and I got 5000 pts.
Yeah, that means he's an instant commit.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Where are you finding that option?

it's in the schedule tab, when 'by week' is selected. if I remember correctly, the same(or at least similar) filter option should be in the season stats tab, but I can't see that if I'm not in the OD.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I'll play games really quickly. SuperSim alot. I'll only play if it won't take away from the tempo.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Boom. instacommit. Another trophy.

Also gschwendt thanks for doing this.

Jayrah
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
What level are you guys recruiting on?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
What level are you guys recruiting on?
Varsity.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 07:54 PM

It's working for me.

What I noticed though is that there is no "every conference" option or anything like that. I clicked the user control teams only filter and had to put the dropbox on ACC to see your Boston College team. Same situation for Ark. St. also. I was wondering why I only saw Southern Miss and realized it was because the dropbox was on C-USA East.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Week 2 has started. For anyone participating in the dynasty, I highly recommend signing up for the email alerts from the Dynasty Hub page. At the very least you can be notified when the week has advanced.

It's working for me.

What I noticed though is that there is no "every conference" option or anything like that. I clicked the user control teams only filter and had to put the dropbox on ACC to see your Boston College team. Same situation for Ark. St. also. I was wondering why I only saw Southern Miss and realized it was because the dropbox was on C-USA East.
Yeah... the schedule seems to 'work' but like souljah said, you have to scroll down through each conference. It appears as though there is no longer an option for User Controlled Teams on the stats page whether by team or by player.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 07:58 PM
It's working for me.

I guess it could be something that will only work if your part of the OD then. unless it's just me it's not working for.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I wish I could turn off the recruiting board assistance. I had went through and got the people I wanted just so they can repopulate my board.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I wish I could turn off the recruiting board assistance. I had went through and got the people I wanted just so they can repopulate my board.
Yeah... it'd be nice to be able to toggle some of that stuff via the web but since come Tuesday you'll have the game, you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 08:05 PM
For some reason, when I clicked on a recruit now, the game just went all out of whack.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Won on a last second FG.. barely played though. 27-24. Got some good photos and videos to play with.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Anyone else getting numerous error messages? It seems like every other recruit, I get an error message that takes me out of the call.

I got an insta-commit. I was number 1 on his list. I'm guessing they'll only insta-commit if that's the case.

Please, EA, get these error bugs fixed before the masses get this game or messages boards are going to go nutz with the "F EA, they're lazy and incompetent" comments.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Anyone else getting numerous error messages? It seems like every other recruit, I get an error message that takes me out of the call.

I got an insta-commit. I was number 1 on his list. I'm guessing they'll only insta-commit if that's the case.

Please, EA, get these error bugs fixed before the masses get this game or messages boards are going to go nutz with the "F EA, they're lazy and incompetent" comments.
What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and see the occasional error message but usually they're explainable (ex. multiple tabs opened of DW). Granted I'm not doing my calls from the web but will to test it.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 08:11 PM
What browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and see the occasional error message but usually they're explainable (ex. multiple tabs opened of DW). Granted I'm not doing my calls from the web but will to test it.

Firefox

Tabs are problematic? I only have 2 open. The online dynasty tab and a TGT tab.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I haven't got an error message, but my everything on the recruit call page is out of alignment.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I haven't got an error message, but my everything on the recruit call page is out of alignment.

What's your browser?

I'm getting way to many phone calls ending prematurely due to error messages. I lose both time and the ability to call that recruit whenever it happens.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Firefox

Tabs are problematic? I only have 2 open. The online dynasty tab and a TGT tab.
Tabs aren't problematic, but if you open the Dynasty Wire site in two tabs, it would be problematic in that the web is always using the most recently opened tab as your "active" client. For example, very early on, I was in the middle of a call from the web and I was debating on promising a guy "No Redshirt". Since I wasn't sure what my depth coming back the next year was, I opened the Roster into a new tab. When I came back to the call, it was errored out and I lost that call time. However, I have found that if you open the Roster and/or Needs screen up on one tab, then AFTER that open another tab for Recruiting, you'll be fine so long as you don't refresh that Roster and/or Needs screen. But my recommendation is to not have multiple tabs.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:18 PM
What's your browser?

I'm getting way to many phone calls ending prematurely due to error messages. I lose both time and the ability to call that recruit whenever it happens.
Have you done any troubleshooting for your browser (ie close browser, clear cache, clear cookies, etc.)? I'd probably recommend some of that since you definitely seem to be experiencing more errors than normal.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 08:20 PM
What's your browser?

I'm using Firefox also.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I actually figured out what threw my browser out of wack. My trackpad zoomed in on me and I didn't even notice it.

souljahbill
07-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Have you done any troubleshooting for your browser (ie close browser, clear cache, clear cookies, etc.)? I'd probably recommend some of that since you definitely seem to be experiencing more errors than normal.

I just cleared the cache and cookies and now I'm also using Chrome. We'll see how it goes when you advance it again.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I just finished doing all of my recruiting from the browser without any issues or errors.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
For some reason, if the latest article on the Dynasty Hub is not your own, you don't see any pictures. I see IronDragon's article, but no pictures, even if I click on the article. However, if I click on the Stories link I see his pictures and even if I click on the View Story Details, I see his pictures. Souljah mentioned this to me earlier about my article not appearing with pictures.

btw, going to "play" my game really quick and then will advance.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I just finished doing all of my recruiting from the browser without any issues or errors.

Mines went error free as well.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
For some reason, if the latest article on the Dynasty Hub is not your own, you don't see any pictures. I see IronDragon's article, but no pictures, even if I click on the article. However, if I click on the Stories link I see his pictures and even if I click on the View Story Details, I see his pictures. Souljah mentioned this to me earlier about my article not appearing with pictures.

btw, going to "play" my game really quick and then will advance.

well the pics/vids from your 3-0 win just showed up for me. earlier it was blank. I see IronDragon's pics/vids right now as well.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I'll pop in and out of this dynasty.

HuskerBlitz
07-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Is there a way to 'quick call" like last year?

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM

I haven't seen it on the Dynasty Wire, but it may be on the console recruiting.

Solidice
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I haven't seen it on the Dynasty Wire, but it may be on the console recruiting.

I believe it's still there. on 360, you press 'x' on the screen where you select how many topics you want to talk about.

HuskerBlitz
07-10-2010, 09:22 PM
That's good. I normally used that to gain some reads on recruits and it saves time. Recruiting has gotten to cumbersome as I've gotten older.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Is anyone else getting an error when you try to schedule a visit? It has happened to me twice now.

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah... the option is still there. Although there doesn't seem to be a way to "Quick Call with Scholarship offer" as was in years past.

Is anyone else getting an error when you try to schedule a visit? It has happened to me twice now.
What week are you trying to schedule your visit for? I noticed last week that it would give me the option to schedule a visit for an Away game (only showed one, not all of them) and if I chose it, it errored out. Since then, I haven't done much web recruiting but will do so over the next few days with this OD and make sure when I schedule someone that it's for a home game and see whether it errors out.

Kingpin32
07-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah... the option is still there. Although there doesn't seem to be a way to "Quick Call with Scholarship offer" as was in years past.

What week are you trying to schedule your visit for? I noticed last week that it would give me the option to schedule a visit for an Away game (only showed one, not all of them) and if I chose it, it errored out. Since then, I haven't done much web recruiting but will do so over the next few days with this OD and make sure when I schedule someone that it's for a home game and see whether it errors out.

It was week 4 when I was erroring out. I just did it for another week and it went through, so I'm gonna see if it works for week 4 again.

It seemed to work this time for week 4. So I don't know what was wrong earlier.

Iron Dragon
07-10-2010, 11:07 PM
BTW, how do you delete a dynasty? I started a test one for the CAS one I am commishioner for, so I'd need that slot for the actual one. I suppose you retire?

gschwendt
07-10-2010, 11:36 PM
BTW, how do you delete a dynasty? I started a test one for the CAS one I am commishioner for, so I'd need that slot for the actual one. I suppose you retire?
I think that's the way to do it... can't remember for sure but I know that I have started one, and then deleted it and started a new one.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Yep, you just need to retire as Commish. At least, that was the way on NCAA 10. With 11 having the ability to pass Commish to another member, it may have changed.

steelerfan
07-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Yep, you just need to retire as Commish. At least, that was the way on NCAA 10. With 11 having the ability to pass Commish to another member, it may have changed.

To summarize: yes, that's how it used to be, it may be different in 11.:confused:

Thanks!;)

Solidice
07-11-2010, 01:31 AM

To summarize: yes, that's how it used to be, it may be different in 11.:confused:

Thanks!;)
:D

I imagine one possibility is that if you try to retire as a commish and there is someone else left in the OD, it will either force you to pick someone else or it will pick someone else by random to be the new commish.

and if your alone and try to retire, it'll end the OD.

JeffHCross
07-11-2010, 01:44 AM
To summarize: yes, that's how it used to be, it may be different in 11.:confused:I am the master of non-committal weasel-word-filled statements that allow me to say "Hey, I told you I might be wrong" at the end of the day ;)

Actually, that's a good example of a post that started out as "Yes, this is how to do it" then I went "Oh shit, it might have changed because of ..."

Solidice's post pretty much summarizes what I'm thinking. I'm also trying to remember back to the Online Franchises on Madden last year, since it had the ability to change commissioners. I want to say that if the Commish retired, ownership got handed to someone else. However, on Madden I believe you could run practically as many Online Franchises as you wanted. I don't remember there being a limit. This is why I'm not sure if it would have changed on NCAA this year.

And you must consider that now that they removed the ability to save an Offline Copy of a dynasty, there may have been foresight into a method that would allow the dynasty to continue even if the commissioner leaves.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 08:11 AM
It worked perfectly fine on my wife's laptop. I need to see what's the deal with my desktop.

Now, onto more important things, Southern Miss has a D+ in Program Tradition. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 4 C-USA championships! 12 bowl games in the last 13 years including the last 8 years straight! 16 consecutive winning seasons! Our program tradition is below Troy! A D+?!?! You're killing me, EA! :D

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm liking how when reading a story and checking out the pics and video, you can also get the scoring summary and all the stats. It'll be a lot easier for people to keep track of all their player stats. You can go straight to your next game if you want and then come back later when you want to start writing everything down.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 10:17 AM
There doesn't seem to be an intra-dynasty way to communicate with other dynasty members other then leaving a comment on a story. If Iron Dragon and I had a game against each other on the schedule, there are only 2 ways to get to Iron Dragon: Leave a comment somewhere and hope he sees it or through the console. I can't directly message him via the website. In fact, there isn't even a way to see the names of the other dynasty member unless you read a story or filter out player control teams via filter in the schedule section.

HuskerBlitz
07-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm liking how when reading a story and checking out the pics and video, you can also get the scoring summary and all the stats. It'll be a lot easier for people to keep track of all their player stats. You can go straight to your next game if you want and then come back later when you want to start writing everything down.

Love that. As long as the server doesn't crash.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 10:46 AM
There doesn't seem to be an intra-dynasty way to communicate with other dynasty members other then leaving a comment on a story. If Iron Dragon and I had a game against each other on the schedule, there are only 2 ways to get to Iron Dragon: Leave a comment somewhere and hope he sees it or through the console. I can't directly message him via the website. In fact, there isn't even a way to see the names of the other dynasty member unless you read a story or filter out player control teams via filter in the schedule section.

yeah, that is one thing I can't believe is not shown, who is in the OD and what teams the users are playing as. and there should be some way to chat among the other users too.

HuskerBlitz
07-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Where do you find game stats at?

Solidice
07-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Where do you find game stats at?

one way to do it is when looking at the story for a game result, click on the 'view game details' button. it'll show the stats for that game. it seems that the rushing yards stat is not shown or invisible at the moment though(at least it's not there for me).

HuskerBlitz
07-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't see anything for game details. Just a button for more stories.

Solidice
07-11-2010, 11:09 AM
should be right under the pictures/videos of the story.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't see anything for game details. Just a button for more stories.

Right under the pics/videos bar to the right. It should be on the same level as the "story" text.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 11:11 AM
one way to do it is when looking at the story for a game result, click on the 'view game details' button. it'll show the stats for that game. it seems that the rushing yards stat is not shown or invisible at the moment though(at least it's not there for me).

Total rushing yards aren't showing for me either.

HuskerBlitz
07-11-2010, 11:25 AM
The site is acting up for me right now. It's still trying to load the story screen when I clicked the title and there still isn't an option to see game details.

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 11:35 AM
The site is acting up for me right now. It's still trying to load the story screen when I clicked the title and there still isn't an option to see game details.

http://i32.tinypic.com/2eyxph5.jpg

lilheavy
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Here is a test dyansty I started.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleDynastyHub&dynid=167&sku=662A0001

souljahbill
07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Lemme once again reiterate how nice and easy recruiting is this year. Comparing my school to another when I have the advantage is easily my favorite part. It's easier to recruit against schools that are your level or worse but going against the big boys is definitely tough.

Kingpin32
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
The only thing I found wrong is if you try to schedule a game when the recruit already has a visit scheduled, then I think it'll give you an error. They should give you some kind of notice that the recruit is already scheduled for a visit.